April Theme: HEALTHY MIND & BODY April 2019 Y Vol. 34, #8 â˜® Priceless
Magazine Free Admission! May 4-5
Mother Meera Returns! May 11
e hear plenty these days on speaking truth. This typically means that the truth in question will be personal and may or may not resonate for others. But what about the kind of truth that is less personal and more universal? A truth much more aligned with putting the sword down than with picking it up? A truth that is more unifying than it is divisive? Let me provide an example: The relationship had hit a rough spot. The distance between them had become intolerable. If they could speak to each other with genuine care and candor across the searing silence, what would they say? I feel so scared. Based on our track record, I have little faith that either one of us possesses the skills necessary to navigate the growing distance between us. I fear that speaking will only create more pain as it has done in the past and I want so much more for both of us. I want these wounded places to be tended to mercifully .. so that we can either renew our faith in our commitment to meaningfully weave our lives together or, if need be, part ways with a deep abiding appreciation for what we have shared. I want so much to believe that we can find the generosity, grace and courage required to move forward. I want to believe that we can bow to this grief so that new life can be born. This is what I want to say to you. Neither person is likely to say this. Very few of us know how to speak so candidly and with such heart. Our sincerity often goes no further than guarded personal truth, opinion, and hurtful evaluations. But just because we don’t express our more vulnerable selves or know how to begin, it doesn’t mean the words expressed above would not be true. There’s plenty that lives inside us that we don’t know how to articulate..
SPEAK A LANGUAGE OF
NONVIOLENT COMMUNICATION TRAINING APR 13-14TH (SAT 10-4PM | SUN TO 3PM) $280 | SIGN UP FOR 2 AND RECEIVE A DISCOUNT!
info & registration: RachelleLamb.com
If we had witnessed such tender charitable exchanges during our childhood years, we would have learned to speak differently with each other during more challenging moments. Our conversations wouldn’t collapse into defensiveness and accusation while recklessly escalating the conflict. Think how different our relationships might be if we in fact possessed both the self awareness and skillfulness to articulate the depth of our aliveness without resorting to the crude tools most of us were schooled in during our formative years. It’s not to late to learn. Rachelle Lamb is a certified trainer of Nonviolent Communication who makes home in Victoria BC. Her annual Ottawa training takes place this month. Learn more at www.RachelleLamb.com
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
The fine print …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. Published 11 months/year. Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner. Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com; Web: www.tone.ca • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • www.facebook.com/tonemagazine • www.instagram.com/tonemagazineottawa • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Tone Advertising Rates …
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
Awakening... “The Elephant Path”
us and which ones do not. We can also choose to move into a supra-conscious state wherein we can modulate wo years ago, I had the good fortune to participate our Self and our thoughts. In my view, Descartes was in a wonderful experiential hypnotherapy training only partially correct in maintaining that we are a seminar on Cape Cod, sponsored “thinking animal”. He didn’t go far by the Harvard University Medical enough. We also have a capacity that School. The focus of the seminar was s other animals do not have, which is s s e lln the integration of Eastern meditation self-consciousness and the mutation we traditions with self-hypnosis and smokin called “instinctual choice”. Other frui visualization practices from Western animals do not have conscious psychotherapy traditions. The choice; they have only simple xie Harvard Professor of Psychology ty instinct. When we open up our self who led this seminar has collaborated -esteem capacity to choose to move into the and traveled extensively with The supra-conscious state, we experience t weigh Dalai Lama. The seminar was very the sweet nectar of life. Meditation valuable because this topic is on the is a wonderful way to access this COUNSELLING, COACHING very cusp of where East meets West. & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE state. However, the challenge then One very powerful part of the becomes one of developing the Richard M. Haney seminar was the exploration of the “staying power” to maintain this Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist concept of “negativity” which seems blissful state. Awakening is the to preoccupy so many people in the (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 state of STAYING FULLY AWARE Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. West. When The Dalai Lama was that you are fully conscious “all the www.ottawahypnosis.com asked to explain how Buddhists deal time”. Ken Wilber challenges all of www.ottawacounselling.com with “negativity”, he went off for a us with this incredible question, few hours with two other Buddhist “Since we are fully conscious all monks to consider the question. When he the time, why do we seemingly “lose” our returned, he said that they do not have a awareness of this?” word for “negativity” because they do not The Buddhists have many powerful have this CONCEPT in their tradition. This and valuable sacred principles, such as, is profound! The principle they operate non-attachment, beginner’s mind and the on is duality and duality precludes the razor’s edge. The Indo-Tibetan Buddhist projections of “negativity” and “positivity”. principle that I learned in this seminar Basically, there is no need for “positive” and and that seemingly answers Ken Wilber’s “negative”. They become an arbitrary and question is called “The Elephant Path”. This unnecessary burden on one’s psyche. is the path that eventually leads to staying The general theme of my whole in the fully awakening state virtually “all counselling and hypnotherapy practice is, the time”. “Staying” is the operative word “What you project is what you get.” One’s Self and one’s because it is literally impossible for a “part animal” to thoughts are two distinguishable entities or energy “stay” in this state. Siddhartha Gautama, The Buddha, fields. We can choose whether we let ourselves be would probably say to Ken Wilber, and all others: defined by our thoughts. We can also choose to monitor “Catch yourself as soon as possible when you fall out of our thoughts and pick and choose which ones work for awareness, and choose to go back into Awakening.” The Elephant Path moves slowly onward, like an elephant, and there are nasty, vicious monkeys at every turn on the way to the next highest state. I believe that we can muster the courage to face all of our fears and obstacles. I truly wish and hope that you experience this wonderful state of Awakening before you leave this life! Namaste…………
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul
Meditation, study and application in a small group format
(613) 731-4901 4
This article was written in by: Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation). Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. Richard: (613) 234-5678. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-Discovery - Find Yourself with Ease T
rying to “find yourself” has gotten a mixed reputation. It can be an excuse when you want to break up with someone without mentioning the real reasons. It can also be a distraction from accepting responsibilities, like doing your share of tasks or duties. On the other hand, figuring out who you are and what you need to do in order to have a fulfilling life could be the most important and satisfying questions you will ever answer. What to Look For: 1. Clarify your values. Knowing your values helps you to make solid decisions and prioritize your activities. Consider how your values relate to your daily life. Look for opportunities to live in agreement with them. Summarize your philosophy into a personal values statement you can refer to when needed. 2. Understand your strengths. Do you know where your talents are and what you feel passionate about? You will accomplish greater things with less stress when you opt for a path that lets you leverage your main assets.
Free Laughter Yoga Classes!
3. Create flow states. What activities boost your energy levels and make you lose track of time? Whether you love playing the piano or solving physics equations, chances are these flow states will suggest the fields in which you can excel. Where to Look: 1. Listen to yourself. Finding yourself is about living authentically. Pay attention to what your mind and body are telling you. Notice when you feel engaged and when you feel lost. Is there a pattern behind these situations? 2. Accept your feelings. Acknowledge your emotions, even when they cause you discomfort. Trying to suppress the truth will backfire and produce more stress. When you accept your anger or sorrow, you can start thinking about positive options for dealing with it.
3. Keep a journal. Writing about your journey encourages you to learn and grow. Recording your activities and insights regularly can help you to find solutions to personal challenges and build your self-esteem. Finding yourself is an ongoing process that lasts a lifetime. Being willing to discover the truth about yourself is the key to fulfillment!! Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com
April 8 and May 13
@ Le Patro Community Centre, 40 Cobourg St., Ottawa, 7 - 8 pm
May 27, June 10, 24
@ MacDonald Gardens Park, 99 Cobourg St All are welcome. We laugh for Health and Happiness
Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
Ecstatic body postures:
Doorways to expanded consciousness By Paige Cousineau
he Cuyamungue Method of Ecstatic Ritual Postures is a safe technique that can produce a profound shift in consciousness. This technique was originally studied in depth by Dr. Felistas Goodman, an anthropologist, who graduated from Ohio State University. Dr Goodman founded the Cuyamungue Institute, located on a large property she had bought in Santa Fe. After Dr Goodman’s passing in 2005, her work was taken over by Dr. Belinda Gore and others.
each day, we had the option of getting up early and greeting the sunrise together over the mountain ridge across the valley. I am not a person who generally has fantastic journeys or gets deep messages in a shamanic experience, but I always feel that my spirit has been nourished and cared for even if I don’t intellectually understand the experience. At Cuyamungue, when using the postures, my experiences were more vivid, and I found it much easier to transition into a trance state. After my return I wanted to continue to practise the postures. Using Dr. Belinda Gore’s book “Ecstatic Body Postures” and my training, I had all the tools I needed, but we all know how difficult it is to keep up a practice by yourself. I finally decided that it was important enough to make this work available here that I invited Dr. Gore to come to Ottawa to give a public presentation and workshop on the weekend of April 5-7. If you are interested in joining us, see further details on this page.
Doorways to Expanded Consciousness Ancient Ritual Postures Workshop
Saturday April 6: 10am – 5:30pm Sunday April 7: 10am – 2pm Location: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank Street, Ottawa Cost: $180 Registration details: email: email@example.com Or call Planet Botanix: (613) 567-4444
In 2014, I attended an introductory course at the Institute as part of my own training and exploration of shamanic practice and meditation. It was wonderful to be in the place where Dr. Goodman did a lot of her teaching and later work. I was there for a week, and
Special Evening Presentation by Belinda Gore Friday April 5: 7:30 – 10:00 pm Old Town Hall Community Centre: 61 Main Street, Ottawa Cost: $10 at the door
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location 6
Sri Chinmoy Answers SELF-DISCOVERY through
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization
Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
April 13-14 Toronto May 5-6 Sudbury June 2-3 Toronto July 13-14 Toronto Sept 14-15 Peterborough Sept 21-22 Ottawa/Almonte Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners! For more information or to register, contact Glenn at email@example.com
Free Ongoing Classes
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387
Is offering Michael Harner's
905 655-6756 www.shamanspiritpath.com
Question: Would you say something about death? SRI CHINMOY: In the external life, I have two rooms: a living room and a bedroom. In my living room I work and talk to people. In my bedroom, I rest and sleep. In the spiritual world, the living room is life; the sleeping room is death. I need no one when I am in this room called death because I go there to rest. But people are afraid of this room because they feel that death is alien and far away, whereas life is close and familiar. It is not true; both life and death are the soul’s possessions. Remember that it is the body that dies and not the soul. The Bhagavad-Gita, India’s great spiritual epic, tells us that just as we discard a worn-out garment and accept a new one, even so the embodied soul discards this body and accepts a new one. The soul is eternal and immortal; weapons cannot cleave it, fire cannot burn it, water cannot drench it, wind cannot dry it. It is invincible. The soul is very, very wise. It does not forget what it did on earth; it carries with it the essence of the experiences that it had while it was in the land of the living. While resting, it tries to assimilate the essence of thousands of experiences which it had on earth. Then when it enters into the world again, the soul comes with new hope, new life, new determination and new willpower to unveil its inner potentialities and at the same time, to manifest the Divine in the most beautiful and most fulfilling way. It tries to bring all the gifts and achievements of its own previous evolution into play for this fullest possible manifestation. Each birth and each death has a special significance, leading us towards a higher life, a better life. Each incarnation is a rung in the ladder of evolution. Man is progressing consciously and unconsciously. When his progress is conscious, realisation will take place much sooner and the necessity of death will not exist at all. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
Pressure to Flow with the Natural Laws by Amâeil, Energy Psychotherapy & Ascension Healing
atural spiritual-energetic laws govern and support our experiences. By flowing with them we create inner harmony with our Spirit. If we don’t align with these principles, we can now find ourselves feeling pressure to change incongruent and perhaps longhidden aspects of ourselves. By aligning with the 13 natural laws we stabilize the energies for everyone, and we do need to very mindfully hold steady in the current chaotic forces. Here are just a few principles, stated very simply, so they can be applied to our daily choices.
Law of Mentalism – our thoughts determine our energetic reality on multiple simultaneous dimensions. We maintain connection with the Universal Mind of God. This law is the precursor to all others, mastered through clearing and disciplining the negative ego, and neutral Observer Consciousness. Ascension is 99% ego work.
Law of Suggestion – we’re the product of all that we’ve heard, seen, spoken and experienced, including fears, falsities, and mind control. We’re conscious of what and whose story we’re living. We think and speak clearly with our authentic heart to align our energies to our Highest Expression so that we strengthen and radiate our Inner Light in Service to Others.
Law of Transformation – all energy is in a perpetual state of death and rebirth. Who we are, our consciousness, and timelines, are always shifting. We allow the flow of inner change, and trust that all our experiences intelligently serve our evolution. Read about all 13 universal laws - www. AwakeningtheTruthWithin.com. 18 yrs. experience: compassionate, intuitive counselling, ego dismantling, & multi-dimensional ascension clearing. Appointments in person, skype/phone 613-253-2888. Healing for conscious couples, children, animals. Subscribe FREE to Being the Peace. Melinda Urban 2019 www.MelindaUrban.com
Law of Cause and Effect – we’re each accountable for how we use our energies and their effect. Love begets love. Fear begets fear. We learn from the effects of our past choices and focus on more affirming choices for positive outcomes. We choose to be the power and cause of our mind and emotions instead of being victim to others and situations.
Memories of My First Yoga Teacher Tan Run Hua
By Ivy Xie-McIsaac, E-RYT200, YACEP t has been more than 22 years since my first Yoga class in 1996. After I came back from Tibet in the summer, one of my colleagues gave me a book called “Lotus Fragrance”. The book introduces the great Tibetan Yogi Milarepa. That was the first time I encountered the word Yoga. Then in November of that year, my twin sister asked me if I would like to attend a Yoga class at the YWCA in Guangzhou, China, where we lived. Our teacher, Mr. Tan always started the class with a half-hour meditation. His approach was simple, play Yoga music. Music from a Bhakti Yoga band (Wai Lana). Even though I didn’t understand what they were singing, the affection that they expressed touched me. It only takes a few minutes to feel the calming effects of meditation with the power of sacred sound. Different forms of Yoga work on different fragments of the Self; some forms emphasize the body, some emphasize the mind and consciousness, and Bhakti Yoga directly works on the soul which is located in the heart. To fully understand Bhakti Yoga one needs extensive knowledge, but knowledge is not a must to practice Bhakti Yoga. A main form of practice with others is through Kīrtana. Kīrtana means “mentioning, repeating, saying, telling”. It uses sound vibration to glorify and describe the Absolute Truth. Anyone who is willing to share the love of the Divine and is
Join Ivy & Stewart
Looking for a non-invasive way to deal with fear, anxiety, panic attacks, post-traumatic stress, negative feelings and sadness? Not feeling motivated enough? Tired of medications with side effects, to help reduce those symptoms? NO LEARNING. SIMPLY LISTEN while going about your daily routine. Contact: (613) 829-0224 firstname.lastname@example.org
On Apr. 27 Meet the Author/ CD Launch event
willing to communicate by the heart can practice Bhakti Yoga together. Through Bhakti Yoga, the formless spirit can be seen, the heart-touching love can be felt, and the omnipresent Supreme God can be revealed in our own eyes. We will recognize that we are not a moving machine. We are a human being that has a soul in the heart. We are part of the Divine. What we need to do is participate, either sing along or listen quietly to the chanting. This is the way to connect with the Divine and gradually foster love of Divine Presence.
Wishingtree Yoga’s Water Way Chants by Water Way Kirtana is now available at Singing Pebble Books. Welcome to meet Ivy & Stewart of Wishingtree Yoga on Saturday, April 27 from 2 to 5pm for a Meet the Author/CD Launch at Singing Pebble Books. For more information please visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca or contact Wishingtree Yoga at wishingtreeyoga@hotmail. com Wishingtree Yoga offers 200H Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50H Yin Yoga Teacher Training. Ivy’s geography background and travel have given her a unique perspective. Her book A Complete Yoga Manual is a bridge between east and west, modern and ancient, theory and practice. The book is available at Singing Pebble Books.
Spring into a Fresh Start Written by Rev. Alexis Nicol
t’s April! Finally, the long winter is behind us and the days are getting warmer and longer. It is a time to soak it all in. It is a time to start fresh, take a deep breath of new clean air and leave the dark days of the cave of winter behind. We have had our time to rest and now let’s get actively engaged in bringing those dreams we got cozy with into a bright new reality. We don’t have to go at full speed, forcing things or trying to control the way we think things should go. This can cause us to become frustrated and we may give up because it’s not coming quickly or easily. It has been my experience that some of us need to ease into the Spring or a new project. I compare it to waking up in the morning; I don’t just jump out of bed. I will take a few moments to reconnect my mind with my body, perhaps preparing for what my day will entail before
I get moving. I ask the Universe how I can best be of service and to be guided easily and effortlessly in all that I do. If I’m on the right track the synchronicity or “coincidences” always amaze me. Many times I find that I am drawn to be in the right place at the right time and meet someone that inspires me or opens me to another important connection Ottawa Area Christian Meditation Community towards the fruition of my project. Everyday life shouldn’t be hard; we tend to believe that if we don’t struggle for something that it or we Christian Meditation Weekend Retreat won’t be good enough. Most of us need to believe/learn that our lives with aren’t meant to be difficult. It is so Denis Paquette important to realize that anything Fortify Your Life: Dive Into Faith! we do with Love at the core will improve our lives and everyone’s Galilee Centre, 398 John Street North, Arnprior ON around us. I trust this more than Friday, 3 May to Sunday, 5 May 2019 anything. Step out of your busy life to concentrate in silence on your spiritual journey. Love is an energy. If we take Dr. This is a silent retreat with meditation sessions and time for quiet personal reflection, as well as Masaru Emoto’s study of the effects breaks in silence for group discussion Saturday afternoon and questions and answers Sunday morning. of our thoughts (energies) changing Denis Paquette explores the meaning of Faith. Denis examines the Biblical proposal to a need for Salvation and Jesus’ role in this. He illustrates with examples in everyday life. Topics include: the molecular shape of water, we can draw the conclusion that our Unpacking the theme. What does dive imply? What are the inherent risks of diving into Faith? thoughts, loving or fearful will also Faith what does it add to the human experience? Modern life has proven we do not need Faith to live abundant and productive lives, or has it? affect the cells within our bodies Salvation. Is Salvation a human archetype relevant today? we are 60-75% water. Having loving Enduring the unacceptable. With all the suffering in the world, where is God? Should we come to terms and positive thoughts will improve by simply letting go and accepting all is as it should be? our health. Denis concludes the weekend discussing the practice of meditation, an ancient Christian discipline that There is so much we have yet to is still relevant today as we struggle through detachment to be overcome by harmony. tap into. The more relaxed and at Denis Paquette lives in Ottawa where he is working on his Master’s Degree in Theology at St Paul University. He has a Bachelor of Arts ease we are the more apt we are to from the University of Ottawa and a Bachelor of Theology from St allow good(ness), heath, wealth and Paul University. He is a recent graduate of the Contemplative more compassion and empathy flow Theology and Spiritual Mentorship Diploma Program at St Paul University. into our lives. Love is within each of us and connects us to “All Life”. Denis is a contemplative at heart! Doors open at 5:00 PM on Friday, with time for fellowship and a few snacks before the retreat. Retreat starts at 7:30 PM and ends Sunday after lunch. No previous meditation experience is required. Everyone is welcome. $250 single and $210 double occupancy, $150 local commuter. Details are on the registration form. Call 613 521-3234 or email email@example.com for assistance. Space is limited so register as soon as possible. Deadline for registration and payment in full is Saturday, 30 March 2019.
Alexis believes in a Wholistic Metaphysical approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines natural healing modalities in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
The Blame Game
by Jean Millar o you notice how much blaming goes on in our society? The news is full of the search for who to blame. But this is not occurring only ‘out there’; it also occurs within our own inner thoughts and attitudes, often outside our awareness. I notice that when things are not going the way I wish they were in my daily life, it is easy to lay the blame on someone else. It could be someone involved in the present situation or even someone from my past. In fact, most of us are convinced that our troubles are caused by other people because they do not respond to our needs. If life is difficult, it is common to blame a parent or a life circumstance for the present unhappiness. The Pathwork teachings show how many of the specific fulfillments we strive for are based on leftover, unmet childhood needs; how we hang onto them, out of awareness, and continue to struggle to have them fulfilled. But these were originally the needs of a child and therefore not fulfilling for an adult. As a result, when we continue in this way, in adulthood, to seek their impossible fulfillment, these have now become false needs. The continued striving towards this
Improve your life through the knowledge of energy • Standardized courses & mentoring • Individual sessions • Meditations LEARN BASIC PRANIC HEALING
Open Lecture Discussions 2019
Saint Paul University
233 Main St, follow signs to room
There are 2 more for this season.
April 17 & May 15 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Suggested donation, $15 ~ $5 for members
Contact Jean: firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-829-1254 All welcome Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org
impossibility creates much unhappiness and suffering – all the more so since all of this is mostly out of awareness. The good news is that, with focused attention and intention, with self-honesty and compassion, we can bring this into awareness and heal it. How false needs come to substitute for real needs; how to distinguish them from the real ones and let them go; and finally, how to recognize and fulfill our present real needs is the content of Lecture 192: Real and False Needs. This will be the topic of the next Pathwork Open Lecture. There will be a discussion of the lecture and an exercise to help us apply the teachings in our own lives. All are welcome on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at Saint Paul University, 233 Main Street, room 141 from 7 to 9 pm. Follow the signs to the room. There is a suggested donation of $15 for nonmembers; $5 for members. The Pathwork lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org For further information, contact Jean at email@example.com or 613-829-1254.
Location: 1226A Wellington West, 2nd Fl Next level 1 Class: May & 19 2018 | 10:00am-6:00pm May 18 18/19, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner
Classes, Healing Sessions, Meditations (by appointment only)
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2017 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com email@example.com
Creativity and the Highly Sensitive Person Workshop
or many years (in fact most of my life) I thought there was something wrong with me. I was sensitive to crowds (I hated going to shopping centres). I would find the fastest way in and out to get what I needed done. I felt things deeply. And I was slow at processing events that happened in my life. About 10 years ago a wise mentor mentioned that I might be a highly sensitive person. I jumped at this recognition because the words fit. That is how I discovered the work of Elaine Aron, the author of book, the Highly Sensitive Person which has now been translated into 18 languages. I devoured the book and learned the traits of highly sensitives. It fit me to a T! Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) are 20% of the world. They have unique characteristics differing from the other 80% of humanity (who are equally wonderful). The difference is that HSPs process events deeply. They are prone to over-stimulus (hence my shopping centre aversion). Often they need ‘alone time’ to recharge. They are great observers (hence my finding my life path as a portrait photographer). Often highly creative, HSPs prefer work that is in depth. So I thought it might be fun to create a small intimate workshop (maximum 6 people) to combine my two favourite passions: being a highly sensitive person and my deep love affair with Creativity – which has been the cornerstone of my (mostly) joyful life. The day-long workshop will be held in my zen-like Wakefield Portrait Studio in April and May. We will explore Creativity from the HSP perspective. The day will be filled with arts and crafts and joy and knowledge to help you ‘come home’ to the Highly Sensitive You! View details at: www.energiesofjoy.com - or simply call my portrait studio at 819 459.2161 or email: info@ portraitsofyourlife.com Cost: $165 + tax Helene Anne Fortin is one of Canada’s leading portrait photographers who loves to help people discover to their unique selves. View her portraits at: www.portraitsofyourlife.com
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
613.836.2355 • www.kaivalya.ca Offices in Hull & Stittsville
Empower Your Life-Path!
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR: • EMOTIONAL/PHYSICAL PAIN • GRIEVING • RELATIONS • REGRESSIONS • WEIGHT • ADDICTIONS • STRESS • ENERGY LEVEL • HEALING THE PAST .
» Lynne Cardinal
PH D. EASTERN PHILOSOPHY, NGH CERTIFIED HYPNOTIST, COACH, TEACHER
Correlation Between Body and Mind By Lynne Cardinal
he ancient principle of the relationship between our body and mind is now widely supported by modern scientific research. Experimental psychologist, Neal Miller PhD, discovered that we can be trained to control certain physical responses (e.g., blood pressure) that were previously considered to be involuntary. This discovery gave birth to numerous modalities. Having trained extensively in many fields, including hypnosis, I frequently see in my work how our mindset affects our body. We can be affected by our mind either aversively or positively. The well-known Dr. Herbert Benson developed the “relaxation response”. He was able to clearly demonstrate that meditation and other modalities can bring about physiological changes, including a lower heart rate, lower breathing rate and decreased muscle tension along with positive changes in brainwaves. We can help ourselves, perhaps much more than we realize! If we pay close attention, we ourselves can also witness this principle. Imagine for an instant that you receive wonderful news. You may jump with joy, your heart rate will go up slightly, you may have tears in your eyes. In the same way negative news will affect us, and it can all be perceived. In sessions with my clients, we explore this field extensively. What types of thoughts do I cultivate? What burden do I carry from the past and is it serving me? Shifting perspectives, letting go of the burden of the past, slowing down to be more mindful or present and we see a spontaneous reaction on all
levels of our mindset, but also in our body. For example, I have had clients suffering from misophonia (sounds that trigger an excessive emotional reaction, yet don’t seem to bother anyone else) able to shift their minds to completely eradicate this rather imposing issue. I’m not denying the value of modern medicine here, but I am simply stating the fact that we can help ourselves and either avoid future issues or reduce them in our lives. Hypnosis and guided imagery use the power of our mind to heal. It has been shown to reduce anxiety and pain in people with a wide range of conditions, including asthma, back pain, and headache and to help us feel better, freer, happier. I am inviting you today to breathe deeply, smile, observe your thought patterns and if needed to get some help. In a short amount of time we can see remarkable results. Lynne Cardinal sees clients individually and she offers group classes and workshops. She has offered Stress Management, Resilience, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops in the government and private sectors for over 30 years. She is also a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD (alternative) in Eastern Philosophy from India. She has studied extensively with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation and Healing and Trauma work, and she also trained with Diane Hamilton in Conflict Resolution. For more information call 613.836.2355 www.kaivalya.ca; firstname.lastname@example.org
The 5th Annual Enriching Me and My Reiki Community on April 28th
This is going to be an AMAZING DAY!!! he changing membership of the Reiki community fascinates me. Thåere have been many students over the last few months that have been asking about their purpose with their Reiki Training. The students of late have been as varied as the stars. Their lifestyles, educations, careers, age ranging from 20 – 70 years and experience with energy varies widely. I asked their question during Reiki meditation…..this is the response I received. In earlier times, the white light energy was anchored into the planet by those in community…convents, monasteries, ashrams, temples and other praying communities regardless Communities like a garden, need nurturing and constant of the religious theories being taught. The Divine used care. There is a group of beings called “Light Workers” any and all of these communities as a means of anchoring or “Sensitives”… as well as numerous other names… itself…all practices were valued, all practices employed. whose work is to help anchor the white light energy on Today, those communities are in need support. e
Speaking One’s Truth
have been studying quite a few books on Indigenous spirituality lately and will share what is repeated consistently in this article. As a heart-centered profound thinker, I am currently observing the general public’s interest in the expression “to speak one’s truth” and how important it is for the general public to hear that truth. (March 2019) I was born in an Indigenous family who denied its roots and ways yet in spite of that, the Native American Spirit in me has been the pivotal driving mechanism, the underlying current if you will, of my entire life. Speaking one’s truth anchored within the Indigenous culture is a powerful thing. It stems from an upbringing tethered to a culture rich in personal development through honour, self-discipline, introspection and the understanding of Great Spirit’s role and our own on Earth. Did you know that, in the old days, an Indigenous child was taught from birth, that they are a spirit with a body and that life is a sacred adventure of spiritual growth - that the most important relationship in Life was the one you developed with Great Spirit? Can you imagine living a life where you are taught to develop both the divine and the human relationship at the same time – where “religion” is your way of Life? When you are born with that paradigm, it sheds a different light on what is important. And it is this very paradigm the Priests and the Settlers of long ago did not understand. After living with a tribe for over 30 years, the priests did start to understand it but by then this sacred way of living life had already been judged and deemed the “work of the devil”. The Native Americans were written off as having no value. Yet, had it not been for their hospitality and generosity of spirit, the Settlers would never have survived their first winter here.
this beautiful planet in a way that is plugged into day to day life. You will come to know your purpose and who you are by the desire to find a more compassionate way to live on this planet; live with her animals, plants, care for her environment, engage with all her people. The meditation ended with a call to empowering all those with that calling….so whether you are drawn to Reiki as a means to do your work, or to any other method for consciously connecting with all that is, with compassion and gratitude…KNOW that you are here now to help
Imagine, starting at puberty, being an active witness to the Natural Laws on Earth within the concept of the Divine consciousness as backdrop to your decision-making. Today, most simply accept the status quo of whatever the popular trends might be and hope for the best. It used to be that the language of the Soul was the common thread among all Indigenous Peoples. Their way was to ensure that relationships were developed with integrity and honour so that Peace could prevail and dignity be maintained. It was a code of ethical behaviour. Through Ceremony they reinforced their relationship with Great Spirit and when the Peace Pipe was used, it was considered a sacred covenant with Great Spirit that needed to be honoured at all cost. At this time of writing, (March 2019), I am witnessing on TV, that to speak one’s truth from a point of introspection and honour restores the dignity of the Soul/Spirit connection and disproves the ignorance assigned to the great Peoples of the Americas. This is what is captivating: Honour and dignity are being put on display beautifully with integrity showing what it means to come from, not a point of materialistic thinking, but rather from a point of knowing the code of ethics that resides in the Soul/Spirit of each one and honouring it. This way of life is the vibration stored in the earth and that is native to the Americas. Are you ready to explore that mystical paradigm? If you are, reach out. I would love to speak with you. If there are enough of you, I will put on a series of classes or work one-on-one. May we all be blessed with forgiveness, mercy and harmlessness. Diane Oliver, Introspection Specialist, Shamanic Healer (Indigenous Spirit Healing) Dignity101.com, 613-261-1602 Diane.email@example.com
anchor the Divine or White Light Energy as we move into the Aquarian Age. Help build the Reiki community, Join us at the 5th Annual Enriching Me and My Reiki Community Conference as a means to anchor into your Empowerment. For more information call or text Denise 613-913-2803 or Brenda 613-408-7777 or visit reikiassociates.com/5th-annual-reiki-conference. Looking forward to meeting you there….Denise
What Is The Breakthrough Experience? Part 2
n one sheet of paper, you’d come in and you’d write down everything that you don’t want in your life anymore. That could be every limitation chronologically, every trauma, every problem you ever had. Everything you put down on the list number one. Because for about the first two or three hours, we’re gonna systematically delete, delete, delete everything on that first sheet so it can’t hold you back. We’re gonna clear everything from your past and then in that last hour we’re gonna set up your future. We’re gonna create the future. So you’re gonna fill out another piece of paper, another piece of paper with everything that you want. Now, everything you want isn’t, I don’t want to feel anxious. I don’t want to be fat. I don’t want to smoke. I don’t want to have back pain. I don’t want to have a terrible partner. I don’t want to have a crappy job. No, no, no, no. If you ask for that, you’ll get more of it because your unconscious doesn’t process negatives. So you’re gonna ask for what you want. What do you want? Well, I want to be lean, I want to be in great shape. I want to have abs if that’s your thing. I want to be a happy, healthy non-smoker. I want to be able to interact with new people and be at peace, be comfortable, be the life and soul of a party if that’s your thing, but the positive thing that you want and we put that into your future. So we clear all that icky, bad stuff
from your past, so all those chains and those shackles are off of you. Get you to be firmly stated in the now, in the present, if you will, and then on the other second sheet of paper that you’d provide with me before you come, it’d be everything that you want. So essentially this is not really therapy, if you will. It’s about just taking away all of those problems and then setting up your future. And why this is different, why this model is different is it basically takes about three or four hours. When I used to do breakthrough sessions, it used to take way too long, about seven or eight hours. It used to take forever locked in a room with someone. Now I’ve got it down to a fine art of three to four hours. Whatever that problem is. It’s not about one problem. It’s, you’ve got to have multiple problems in your life that are somewhat overwhelming, like the big sphere here. You don’t know where to start. Now, you ask, how many of these do I need? You need one. One breakthrough session. You come in and essentially what it is, is exactly what it says on the tin, it’s a breakthrough. People leave these sessions, it’s a quote, a recent client. She said to me, “Luke, it felt like I went to Canada Wonderland, like I was on a roller coaster. There was ups and I felt amazing. There was downs and I was frustrated and I felt horrible. Then it was ups. Then I went on that Ferris wheel, on that See Saw and upside down.” It’s kind of what it feels. It’s very intense. In fact, for that three or four hours when you come into my office, we lock that door and the only time you’re allowed to leave is when we’re done, or if you need
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress.” Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
to go to the washroom. Other than that, you have my 100% attention for 3 to 4 hours in that breakthrough session to revolutionize your life. This isn’t about just going and that problem that you had is gone. It’s literally about making a revolution in your life and a transformation. Some people have this misnomer, this limited belief that change is a slow and gradual process. No, change happens like that. To make the decision to change, you may procrastinate, procrastinate, put it off, put it off. That may take forever, but when you’ve made that decision, that’s fast. So that’s what a breakthrough session is. The old system still works. And I do still see clients that may come in for up to three sessions. Every session is absolute maximum because I get sick and tired by that point and the problem is generally gone in about one or two. Now, the best metaphor I have for that, essentially if you go and see someone you’ve got a problem and essentially you want to quit smoking, you’ve got anxiety. I’m just saying that, just imagine or whatever your problem is. It’s almost like you’re going and you have a glass and it’s full with toxicity, if you will, of your problem. Now you go and see me, we do some work and we essentially get rid of all of that crap in that glass. Yet, in between sessions, that glass won’t fill up like you’re seeing a psychotherapist or a counselor, but life gets in the way in and then maybe some liquid and some toxicity that gets into it. So it ends up being a metaphor. If you end up after every session, being about five steps forward and one step back, you’re still four steps forward after every session. After three sessions, Part 3 next issue Always Believe, Luke Michel Howard PhD Ottawa Clinical Hypnotist www.lukenosis.com
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
• Accounting • Bookkeeping • Taxation • Strategies • Coaching • Payroll • HST • WSIB April 2019
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact firstname.lastname@example.org OTTAWA GURDJIEFF STUDY GROUP www.gurdjieffottawa.ca is a Foundation connected group. We invite you to join us as we study and work practically with the system of G.I. Gurdjieff, in exchanges, inner work, Movements/Music, and creative activities. Call us for more information at 613-746-6547 or e-mail email@example.com SRI AUROBINDO STUDY GROUP. A new group is forming in order to study Sri Aurobindo and The Mother’s writings. firstname.lastname@example.org IS IMPROVED COMMUNICATION SKILLS YOUR RESOLVE FOR 2019?We are here to mentor and celebrate your progress. Percolators Toastmasters Breakfast Club meeting every second and fourth Friday morning 9:15-11:30 at The Best Western 1274 Carling Ave. Restaurant. Contact Muriel (819) 827-1274 or (613) 298-3557
• People NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sexuality educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-413-1216
• Schools THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES and Spiritual Development is all online! Become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist or Animal Reiki Practitioner/Trainer. www.canadiannaturotherapies.com
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and services. www.numetrica.city 613 266-7013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/patriciavlacroix SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JUDY JIBB, Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, email@example.com 613 304 4255 EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email email@example.com
• Aura Healing RELEASING PAIN AT THE SOURCE. Home visit. Beau, 613-422-5606
SV AYURVEDA. Support for gut and digestive recovery. Consultations, therapeutic cooking classes, SVA Vibrational Therapy sessions. www.vibrationofbalance. weebly.com. Marie Amram 613-415-1139
• Ayurveda (Holistic) CHRISTOPHER BARHAM, Certified Akashic Consultant. www.crystalhearthealing.org. 819-708-5876, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.alexalbert.ca
• Animal Communication JULIE OLIVEIRA, certified AC. Identify emotional and behavioural issues, and messages. Visit: www.petstereo.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VAIDYA HEMANT GUPTA MD Ayurveda, DNM Only Ayurvedic Physician in Ottawa Area. 35 years of Experience Consultation, Therapies, Courses holisticayurveda.ca, email@example.com Phone: 613 422 0936
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
DIRECTORY • Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• BodyWork BODYWORK FOR WOMEN, Pain esp. from Surgery-cosmetic, Mastectomy, Scars, Swelling, Carpal Tunnel, Tennis Elbow, Plantar Fasciatis, Neck Problems, Back Pain, Sciatica, Shoulder Issues, Limited Mobility, Incontinence, Injuries, Breast Health, www. monikatinneberg.ca, 613-857-7031
• Books IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH - The Grail Message, by Abd-ru-shin, is a three-volume spiritual work that teaches us about the cosmic laws that not only govern nature but all of Creation. It also gives clear explanations about our place and responsibility as we journey through life. This work addresses the individual human being regardless of race, creed or nationality; it reveals the true meaning of life and opens the door to true happiness and lasting inner peace. Orders : 1-877-7623077- email@example.com- grail-message.com SEVEN SISTERS is about a remarkable seed chase that is combined with the reclamation of lost heritage and culture of the Wabanaki people. This book and others on farming and gardening practices are available at www. earthhavenlearning.ca
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Lyn@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-762-4979. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 email@example.com
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minute Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Coaching LAW OF ATTRACTION COACHING with Aileen McKenna, Certified LoA Coach www. aileensoasis.com creates the space where clients become personally empowered. I coach people who feel stuck in their lives, in general, or particularly in their careers, relationships, home and home life. This may be about old issues, dealing with difficult decisions, and/or about changing habits that seem to create dissatisfaction. Call for more information and/or for an appointment. Clients express their satisfaction with the work, and their greater comfort and success in their relationships, their careers, and homes. Call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or 613-7953751, check in at www.aileensoasis.com or at email@example.com .
• Chakra In Motion Rhythm for your Soul CHAKRADANCE™ is a powerful and authentic healing dance. Using spontaneous dance, guided imagery that resonates deeply with each chakra. www.chakrainmotion.com Bernie Young firstname.lastname@example.org
• Children ICU-INSPIRING CHILDREN UNIVERSALLY – Reading blindfolded helps children become happier, more confident and academically successful | Crystal Medicine Centre | 613-4358678 | 1572 Stittsville Main Street, Stittsville, ON | email@example.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
WE HAVE WHAT YOU NEED. Whether you are looking for career guidance, self-improvement, or self-empowerment, we have someone to help. Call today and see how we can help you. Mention this ad for your 1/2 hour free consult. 613-859-5389 www.ceconsultingcanada.com CREATIVE COACHING SERVICES, Vanessa Coplan B.A., OCADA, M.A. www.vcoplan.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org. Living Your Art, Creating Your Life; Helping You Connect The Dots. 45 minute individual sessions. $65 ea. 3 sessions for $150
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Registered psychotherapist and Jungian Analyst. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. email@example.com ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and
offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling. com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe, supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org
PAMELA HOLM, Registered Psychotherapist, Cert. Music Therapist. Expressive and receptive methods of healing. Spiritually oriented. Children through seniors. Range of issues and conditions. www.DeepSoulSinging.com and Deep Soul Energetics. 613-829-1556. email@example.com
FEEL LIGHTER! Intuitively & compassionately clarifying & clearing the root cause of your concerns. Specializing in stubborn patterns. Energy psychotherapy,
ascension education & 12-dimensional clearing. Individuals, couples, children. In person/ by phone. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CRYSTAL MODALITIES for relaxation, energy clearing and balance. CCH, CRM Crystalspiritowl@gmail.com 613-355-1832
• Crystal Shamanism CRYSTAL SHAMANIC PRACTITIONER, Crystal Healer, Psychic Intuitive, IET master instructor certified Yoga Teacher. Intuitive/psychic guidance given during Shamanic Healing sessions to better help you along your journey. Crystal layouts, chakra clearings, journeying and more. Sessions for children, teens, adults and animals. I also offer Crystal workshops, home crystal jewellery parties, psychic circles, meditation sessions, retreats. Contact: Sylvie_ Reardon@hotmail.com, Facebook: VieYoga and Crystal Shamanic Healing, 613-852-4963.
DIRECTORY • Crystals CRYSTAL MEDICINE CENTRE – Crystal Store, Workshops, Training, Healing Sessions | 1572 Stittsville Main Street, Stittsville, ON | 613-435-8678 | www.crystalmedicine.ca| email@example.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Registered psychotherapist and Jungian Analyst. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. email@example.com
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual
blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987 ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Care NURSING FOOT CARE - IN HOME OR IN CLINIC. Sterilized individually packaged tools, best practices in clinical assessment, infection control, privacy and technologies. Pampered
Mani/Pedi, advanced & diabetic Most insurance up to 80% & Veterans 100% SoftSoles.ca 613-621-0012 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gardening/Landscaping SPARKY TRINE SHAMANIC SUPPORT: Planning, planting, problem-solving, messages and negotiations. https://sparkytrine.wixsite.com/adventures email@example.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: email@example.com
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healer INTUITIVE HEALING SPECIALIST NOW IN OTTAWA Physical, Mental, Psychological, Emotional, Past lives, Body, Mind, Spirit, Soul cleanse, Fears, Pain management. email@example.com 613 821 4809
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism THE BEST OF NATURE’S CERTIFIED HERBALIST, Miranda V Martel. Herbal Services: Herbal Spa treatments, Consultations for Balancing Health, Workshops, Walks and Remedies www. thebestofnature.ca Call: 705-561-5365 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
DIRECTORY • Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org MARIETTE is a certified, clinical master hypnotist with NGH trained by Sheila Granger. www.yourinnerself.ca
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@
graceplacewellness.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 email@example.com. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with
Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com
A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Intuitive Readings INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. email@example.com (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHERYL JIALA DRISKELL is happy to help you find Health, Happiness and Spiritual Awakening. Over 30 years of training and author of 4 books. Wakefield, Ottawa and Skype sessions available. www.intuitivelight. com 819-328-9128 WAKEFIELD Retreats too!
• Journey JEAN CALLAWAY, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP,
DIRECTORY WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. email@example.com Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Registered psychotherapist and Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St.
(At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. MAGI MASSAGE 530 Kirkwood Ave. welcomes you to my warm home clinic. Call Dora (613) 298-3557
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing
and spiritual awakening. Private and group introductory and advanced classes. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@ gmail.com; sparkoflightmeditation.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Lotus Born Wellness Centre: 1226A Wellington W. WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
• Myofascial Release Therapy BODYWORK FOR WOMEN, Pain esp. from Surgery-cosmetic, Mastectomy, Scars, Swelling, Carpal Tunnel, Tennis Elbow, Plantar Fasciatis, Neck Problems, Back Pain, Sciatica, Shoulder Issues, Limited Mobility, Incontinence, Injuries, Breast Health, www.monikatinneberg.ca, 613-857-7031
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org
DR. KATHERINE WILLOW ND, fourth-generation naturopathic doctor, has been practicing for 35 years and specializes in German New Medicine (GNM). Call to book an appointment 613-839-1198 or visit ecowellness.com for more info.
• Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
DIRECTORY • Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. AYLMER OSTÉO ND. Osteopathy and naturopathy for back pain, sports injuries, and well-being. 32 rue Principale, Aylmer. 819-800-1962. www.AylmerOsteoND.com
• Pain BODYWORK FOR WOMEN, Pain esp. from Surgery-cosmetic, Mastectomy, Scars, Swelling, Carpal Tunnel, Tennis Elbow, Plantar Fasciatis, Neck Problems, Back Pain, Sciatica, Shoulder Issues, Limited Mobility, Incontinence, Injuries, Breast Health, www. monikatinneberg.ca, 613-857-7031
• Past Life Regression WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME ADVANCED PRANIC HEALING INSTRUCTOR & PRACTITIONER offering in-person and distant-healing sessions. She has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco & more. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional, and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye teaches Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation Wednesdays at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, faye@pranichealingontario. ca, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 10:00 - 11:30am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
• Quantum Sound Therapy
YOUR VOICE IS MORE UNIQUE THAN YOUR DNA. Quantum Sound Therapy, will create YOUR unique set of Frequencies designed to remove negative emotions: fear, anxiety, anger, PTS, sadness that sabotage you. By SIMPLY LISTENING, you can let go of subconscious blockages, harmonize your being, SCIENTIFICALLY TRACK YOUR PROGRESS & Realize YOUR Potential. Contact: Lise Desjardins email@example.com 613-795-1469 Pesi Shroff firstname.lastname@example.org Golden Light Therapies: http://zgoldenlight.com/
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004. First instructor in Canada, improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments, distant healing sessions, as well as Quantum-Touch Therapy Certification training. Call Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751 or by e-mail at email@example.com, or aileen. firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out www. aileensoasis.com or www.wellnessunlimited.ca .. If you are interested in taking the QuantumTouch Level I class, you are in the right place
• Quantum Success Coaching Academy CERTIFIED LAW OF ATTRACTION COACH trained by Christy Whitman in the most amazing, successful and powerful coaching model. My ideal client is between 25 and 65, and dealing with issues creating feelings of stuckness. interfering with the emotional and lifestyle satisfaction they desire. We work our way through the processes, teaching clients strategies to become personally empowered
thus releasing those blockages that have been standing in their way. Clients begin to find increased physical and emotional energy, buried creativity, demonstrated personal strength physically and emotionally as well as increased feelings of abundance on all levels. Please check out www.aileensoasis.com, www.wellnessunlimited.ca .. or send me an email at email@example.com , or at aileen. firstname.lastname@example.org .. by giving me a call at 613-795-3751, or at 613-228-2272 for more information, or to make an appointment
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com
DIRECTORY JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
CATHERINE BASTEDO, MA, RT-CRA, ICRT, USUI-HOLOGRAPHIC & HOLY FIRE II KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, JIKIDEN Practitioner. Bilingual. Personalized classes; Reiki Master/Teacher Program; individual sessions; online Healing Your Chakras classes; Muskoka retreats. www.visionreiki.com. 819-918-3436. firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda
O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Bodycentered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Master - Circa 1894 Day Spa, Lanark. Use of tubs/saunas included. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com HOLY FIRE REIKI treatments and courses with Martha St. Pierre. 613-422-7286; ladymjs50@ hotmail.com; holyfirereikiottawa.ca REIKI IS LIFE FORCE OF ENERGY. It helps for relaxation and stress. The best way to experience is having a full treatment. Call Laura at 613-608-9750.
DIANE GODIN reikispiritualawakening.com 819-665-3187 (Ottawa-based). Reiki is a spiritual therapy that provides healing energy to recharge and re-balance the human energy field, working with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing. Reiki works well with stress, anxiety, chronic pain and much more. I am a Certified Reiki Master Practitioner (Energy Healer), Psychic Medium, Empath, and Witch. I also provide Card Readings.
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with firstname.lastname@example.org
• Retreats CHARMING RURAL RETREAT COTTAGE NEAR WAKEFIELD. Couples/individuals. Clean, equipped. Year round. Minimum one month. For details text 819-328-3705.
SURROUNDED BY 190 acres of forest, connect with nature in a guided or self-guided retreat. We offer healing retreats throughout the year or you can create your own. Call for more info 613-839-1198 or visit ecowellness.com
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 GERMAINE DE PERALTA (CRA, ICRT). USUI HOLY FIRE II REIKI MASTER/ TEACHER and HOLY FIRE II KARUNA MASTER/TEACHER. Reiki Certification Classes in all levels of Usui Holy Fire II Reiki (Level 1, 2, and ART/Master) and Certification Classes in Holy Fire II Karuna Reiki Practitioner/ Master/Teacher. Mentoring Program. Scheduled classes or by request. Crystal Healing workshops. Healing sessions (Reiki with Crystals). Specialize in relationship stress and mental/emotional/spiritual issues. Contact: Reiki Wanderlust at the RW Healing Centre, Westboro, Ottawa, K1Z 1E7. Tel: 613-697-3105 or email: email@example.com
ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836 OFFICE FOR RENT by the hour ($25), half day ($55) or full day ($95) in Gatineau (Hull sector, Quebec) for March. Perfect for health professionals. Massage bed on site.
• Shamanism HEALING SESSIONS+2-Yr CrystalShamanic Program - evolved training in the ancient Arts | Crystal Medicine Centre | 613-435-8678 | 1572 Stittsville Main Street, Stittsville, ON | www.crystalmedicine.ca| firstname.lastname@example.org LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 email@example.com https://lindaenergyhealer.vistaprintdigital.com/
DIRECTORY TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
• Spiritpainting SPIRITPAINTING
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thai Massage
SELF-RENEWAL & SOUL-CARE through belief-triage subtle energy healing system by Diane Oliver, Urban-Elder 613261-1602 email@example.com. www.Dignity101.com SPARKY TRINE SHAMANIC SUPPORT: questions, soul retrievals, power animals, extractions, project support, ceremony. https://sparkytrine.wixsite.com/adventures firstname.lastname@example.org APPRENTICESHIP, classes, ceremonies, and healing services in the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition of Cross-Cultural Shamanism. email@example.com www.yoladunne.com/apprenticeship
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca TONYA GARTSHORE, Dipl.S.T., RMT. Massage, Shiatsu, Reflexology, Thai massage, Acupressure Facial. Two locations: www.tonyagartshorermt.com
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Somatic Sex Education
Learn to “UNFOLD THE MYSTERY” with the Lightwolf method. www.spiritpainting.com and email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Spiritual Counselling
INTEGRAL SOMATICPSYCHO-SPIRITUAL PSYCHOTHERAPIST: Unresolved embodied trauma underlies many common psychological issues such as anxiety and depression. Therefore, I employ a variety of somatic methods such as EMDR, IBP & a somatic mediation, which activate the body to reveal where trauma is stored, the imagination to remember it, & the heart to express and release it. Clients are in awe of the experience activated by these methods, & grateful for the transformative results. I am covered by health insurance plans under psychological services. Contact information: Carol Dignam, 613-4229396; email@example.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Tarot JUDY JIBB, Tarot and Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, email@example.com 613 304 4255
SOMATIC SEXUALITY EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting integration of body and spirit, expanding consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca 613-413-1216
• Sound Healing COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks, chimes and other sound healing instruments to create a relaxing experience. Individual sessions and group meditations. Julie 613-254-8469.
PAST LIVES & NEW PERSPECTIVES to Present Problems. Life Path & Purpose, Guidance & Confirmation. 25 years Professional Experience, Spiritual & Practical: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tapping Modalities LISA KOPIL, Meridian Tapping, Stress Management, Life Coach. Tap into your Life by changing your mind. Private sessions, workshops, drop in sessions. Tapforlife.com (613) 899-4994
BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Therapeutic Yoga
I‘LL DEVELOP YOUR OWN PERSONALIZED YOGA PROGRAM that includes poses, breathing exercises, meditations and healthy lifestyle tips to help you cope with anxiety, depression, weight loss, sleep problems, etc. Contact Linda for your free consultation at mountainsoulyoga@gmail. com or 613-862-4614.
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
REV. PATRICIA ROSE. Call/Text: 613-2978960. Or visit: www.allseasonsweddings.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
DIRECTORY GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE Levels I, II, and III is a workshop taking place over 3 days, all about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, email@example.com and at www.aileensoasis.com. VISIONBOARD WORKSHOP: Would you like to know how to attract and create the life you love? Would you like to participate with others in using some amazing tools to help you to discover what you really want in your future life, and how you can create that future and feel as if you are already in the future life. Using imagination, fun and play, you will learn about how to create the job you want, the lifestyle, and the level of wellness you want to achieve, fitness, and relationships. It is all about being able to imagine what you want, and to take the actions needed to bring it into reality. For more information, or registration, please all Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, firstname.lastname@example.org and at www.aileensoasis.com
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Free: Power of Presence Seminar by Dr. Doug Henderson Ph.D.
Date: Saturday May 4 2019
Location: The ‘Amphitheatre’ St. Paul’s University 223 Main St. Ottawa Registration: 8:45-9:30 am Duration: 9:30-4:30 am Parking: paid parking lot or street parking $10. Parking Vouchers for first 20 to register Seminar Cost: FREE Gift (donations accepted but no expectations). Extensive handouts
My real interest is in energy and raising levels of consciousness and helping those who have willingness and desire to do the same. When you do, life becomes smoother and dis-ease tends to drop away. Following my own health issues 15 years ago (2004) with 4 systemic cancers, I refused medical treatment and used a Quantum Technology to return to physical, emotional and mental well being; but more is required: Spiritual well being. Although I earned Ph.D.’s in Humanities and Theology neither of these are indicators of what is required to heal. Healing is about learning how to go within to make correction. It’s actually a by-product of this process and of raising your level of awareness & consciousness. But how do we do that? This is what I want to gift you. No one can fix us, the individual must do it: This is why we have Free Will Choice.
In addition, many fear losing their individuality or fear the unknown. At no point does anyone lose their individuality/personality; these are the fears that must be transcended. We also need to learn to disentangle our-self from our conditioning. Currently, the world is becoming more and more insane, so if we wish to cope in the future personal change must occur. I have learned many things along my path that may prove useful to help you to shorten the learning curve. I would like to share this with you, so your path can become smoother. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! Hope to see you there. Love and Light. Doug .
Please send out to all those that you feel may benefit RSVP email to email@example.com
PS. This will go way beyond, “The Law of Attraction.” PPS: The original cost of this seminar was to be $200,00/person and despite the interest, I had a change of heart/mind as a result of reading some material that I will share with you
FEELING GREAT MATTERS
FeelingGreatMatters.com -In Your Workplace -In Your Relationship -In Your Own Skin
SACHA HORVATH, M.A., CCC 613-324-3120
April 18-19-20 Conference and Workshop - Do not miss! From France - Fabrice Splinder is a Lightworker that is connected to Archangel MICHEAL plus several others to bring light to our World. His conference will explain his connection to the Divine and will demonstrate a special unique meditation. Plus he will clean energetically the group at the end of the conference. Fabrice will also explain for those interested how the full day workshop can teach you to work with Angelic forces so you can provide to yourself and others a liberation of the negative energies; you will learn how to clean your home and any other areas you choose from his proven method. Fabrice is travelling the world. This will be his first appearance in Canada.
Place; Riverrock Inn, 2808 Chamberland Street, Rockland For Information and reservations (en Francais aussi) contact Serge 1-613-8597091; email firstname.lastname@example.org Check Facebook https://www.facebook.com/fabrice.splinder Check all the photos!!!! https://www.facebook.com/fabrice.splinder/ph otos?lst=100008509898673%3A591351138% 3A1553596762 Check all his Youtube!!!! https://www.youtube.com/user/ fabricesplinder You will love the great energy Fabrice brings to you! Fabrice se fera un plaisir de vous parler en Français aussi Merci et a bientôt! See you soon in Rockland!
Conference (April 18 & 19) $20.00 (7pm to 9pm) Workshop (April 20) $300.00 (9am to 6pm) Individual private session $150.00 Facebook and or YouTube “Fabrice Splinder”
Greta Thunberg and March 15, 2019 Ian Prattis
n Sweden 2018, 15 year old Greta Thunberg sat outside the Swedish parliament with her water bottle, books, snacks and a homemade sign “SCHOOL STRIKE FOR CLIMATE.” Every Friday she left her school to do this. She says “No-one was interested, so I had to do it myself.” She was not alone for long. A flyer from her stated: “You grownups don’t give a shit about my future.” Sweden’s newspapers and reporters soon flocked around her. She still strikes every Friday. She spoke at the UN climate talks in Poland and called out world leaders for not being mature enough to tell it like it is. “Even that burden is left to us children” was part of her address to the global business elite at Davos. She even told the EU to double its climate change reduction targets as this would be its fair share of keeping the planet below the dangerous level of global warming. Greta affirmed her stance with a withering Ted Talk in Stockholm that left nothing behind and earned an ovation from a huge audience. She lit a fuse among young people around the world. And that fuse has brought the EU to institute further steps to reduce Climate Change in Europe. Thousands of students in Europe and over 1,000 cities worldwide joined her “FridaysForFuture” campaign. Her example came amidst very dangerous warnings about climate change. Thunberg remarked that “Change is on the horizon, but to see that change we also have to change.” Thunberg has Asperger’s syndrome. She cites her neuronal structures as providing her single pointed dedication to the issue of Climate Change. She quips, “I see the world kind of black-and-white. Either we go on as a civilization or we don’t.” This unusual warrior for Climate Change, now 16 years old, deserves the active attention of every adult in the world. She has put out a call for students worldwide to leave their schools on Friday March 15 to “Strike
Jenni Tipper, MSW Integral Master Coach (613) 858-2799 email@example.com jennitipper.com
for Climate,” bringing out the determination of young people to force the hand of political change. Her model for this was the Parkland School students in Florida, who walked out of school to protest gun violence. Greta holds the firm desire for global student strikes to be non-violent, with no hate and no damage. She insists that everyone become educated about the Paris Accords, respecting science and personally minimising their carbon footprint. She requests children to do their homework about Climate Change, because most adults have yet to do so. “Youth Climate Change US” are mobilized to point the Strike right at resistant politicians, demanding that they decarbonize the US economy, and furthermore make legislative action to combat the effects of climate change. The registered Climate strikes are planned in over 90 countries around the planet. Young people see that their present and future on the planet are at stake and they are pulling in university students and women to strike with them. British PM Theresa May asserted that the school strikes are “wasting lesson time.” Greta’s sharp response was, “Political leaders have wasted 30 years of inaction. And that is slightly worse..” Good bye Theresa May and your ilk! It is apropriate to ignore her, when over 3,000 climate scientists have given their full backing to the strikes. I feel strongly that the response globally to the March 15 strike will be beyond anything we have seen on our planet. Please do your part – Support and Help.
Energy Balancing Exchange Event (EnergyBEE) Otherworld Treasures, 29 Marier near Beechwood Friday, April 12th, 2019
Gita Arian Baack, PhD., Author of: “Moving Forward from Generational Trauma” Topic: “History is in the Present: Mind, Body and Spirit” s a child of Holocaust survivors, Gita had a ‘felt sense’ of knowing something that could not have been known. After 30 years of working in Organizational Development with organizations, teams and individuals, she decided to find out about this strange knowing and to enter into an unknown area of research – that of generational trauma and resilience. The resultant research broke new grounds in both the understanding of and, in proposing new ways to process trauma that go beyond traditional therapy. And yes, she was able to prove that her felt sense was right! As a result of this research, speaking with and running dialogues with people from many backgrounds, and a study of her own cultural context — a method of study called “Auto-ethnography” — Gita wrote a book: “The Inheritors: Moving Forward from Generational Trauma”, that aims to help people who have experienced or who have inherited experiences of devastating events. Gita is available for presentations and workshops and helping people to start up their own dialogue groups. She also runs poetry workshops for people who would like to use poetry as a means at getting at the heart of their emotions and felt sense of knowing. Her poetry book, “Poems of Angst and Awe” and “The Inheritors” will be available on the 12th at a base price of $15.00 for the poetry book, $20.00 for “The Inheritors”. She will also have on hand a guided journal that accompanies “The Inheritors” for $10.00. All 3 can be purchases at a discount for $40.00 (no tax). Please let her know if you are interested so that she can bring an adequate number of copies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Describing the benefits People who work with Gita and her books find new ways to access and release the ever present, sadness, sense of loss and absence, outrage and even guilt and shame from their family legacy.
EnergyBEE Schedule 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm 6:00PM: WELCOMING WORDS. Honour Fee: $10 or more; CONTRIBUTE WHAT YOU CAN. Net proceeds go to www.freethefalls.ca for First Nations & Allies initiatives to restore the Ottawa River Watershed 6:30PM: Guest Presenter 8:00 PM: Circle introductions: 1) name, 2) your intention for this evening 8:15 PM: SHANGHAI RESTAURANT Veggie SNACKS! networking 30 minutes 8:45 PM: Start of Energy Balancing Exchanges/ Integration Conversations 10-15 minutes each giving, or receiving, multi-lateral, bi-lateral. Required: Curiosity, active listening, active observing. Holistic modalities welcome. Miracles are invited. 9:45 PM: Closing Circle 10:00 PM: Venue Doors are locked Notes For ‘serious conditions’ consult a licensed medical professional. … please like FB: TWOGBD & follow. Send Message or text to recommend guest presenters you would like to see present. For more information call 613.769.5575 & email email@example.com Sponsors & supporters Longstanding supporters include: Cafexina.ca, Christina Xina Lamothe; Ruby Hair Studio, Michael Rawbe.
Bringing balance to your home & workplace
All products have Zero Point Energy For more info please contact Steve Priebe at 613.769.5575
For more info on our products & testimonials please visit: www.emffreezone.ca
firstname.lastname@example.org Have a Balanced 2018 and beyond!
Magazine www.facebook.com/tonemagazine www.tone.ca
Sharing take-a-ways A new construction of trauma and non-pathologizing modes of processing the trauma to understand its wideraging impacts and find new ways towards resilience and agency.
• EMF Balancers • Home & Work • Cell Phone ADR Disks • Health Clinics & Schools • Gold Energy Cards • Cars & Farms
Christina Xina Lamothe
Your host: Martee (ca.linkedin.com/in/tmtegtmeyer/) has Ottawa office hours & playshops: 1-3pm Sat Apr 13 at Otherworld Treasures 29 Marier near Beechwood Sacred Ring of Earth playshop for pain management & bone integrity. May be 4060 times as powerful as morphine; may prevent & reverse osteoporosis [Dr. Norm Shealy, neurosurgeon & psychologist]. HANDS-ON: Learn & apply to yourself & others. Registration: at store $55, early bird before March 31 $33. Waiting list for 10am to 6pm, 1 day stand alone workshop at Otherworld Treasures 29 Marier near Beechwood Changing the expression of your DNA thru Epigenetics “turn on the genes of longevity, wellness and vitality, and turn off the genes of aging”. 5 Energy Cycles; Expanded Five Elements Emotions; 12 Epigenetic modulators; 12 Universal and 10 common gender fears; 8 common Work stresses; 25 common Relationship issues. A system to work on yourself. Instructor certification available with repeat... Registration at store: $275; early bird full payment four weeks prior is $225 each day. Day 1 is pre-requisite for Day 2 certification after 40 case studies on self & instructor agreement, unless you are a certified Touch for Health Method instructor. 3-5pm Fri Apr 12 @ Shanghai Restaurant 651 Somerset St. W. near Bronson Vitality, rejuvenation, longevity clinic…including chronic pain, stress, past & current trauma relief thru priority epigenetic modulation. Special 25$ for 10 min. Regular: 147$ for 1 hour. April First Time Special: 3 new clients may share a 1 hour appt. at no charge. Mindful of this free service, we invite you to make a small donation to www.freethefalls. ca. You may Book in person and phone appts. online at FB: Twogbd
Changing the expression of your DNA thru Epigenetics Turn on the genes of longevity, wellness and vitality, and turn off the genes of aging. by MT Martee ThOMus TegTmeyer
n Friday, March 8th, 2019 Guest Presenter: MT Martee Tegtmeyer, Holistic Integrative Arts Consultant; Certified K-Power(R) “Your DNA is not your Destiny” Instructor (New Zealand) presented at Energy Balancing Exchange Event (EnergyBEE) 2ND FRIDAYS at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank St K2P 1X7 He covered the benefits of vitality, rejuvenation, wellbeing through a process & application of: 5 Energy Cycles; Expanded Five Elements Emotions; 12 Epigenetic modulators; 12 Universal and 10 common universal fears for men & 10 for women; 8 common Work stresses; 25 common Relationship issues Participants heard about the underlying concepts & experienced a group balancing process with their unique individual intentions/goals, underpinning universal fears, and corresponding entangled emotions. We used the epigenetic healing cycle of “Lymphatic Flush Cycle for stagnant, toxic lymph releases - can ease muscle pain”. Participants explored new ideas in their selfhealing journeys from long lasting impressions of reduced physical & emotional tension after their group balance. Thank you to guest presenter Martee ThOMus TegTmeyer, sponsors & allies for this presentation. For Fri Apr 12 at a new time & location 6-10pm @ Otherworld Treasures, 29 Marier near Beechwood K1L 5S6. See accompanying ad for EnergyBEE guest presenter Gita Arian Baack Please like & follow FB “Twogbd” and text 613.769.5575 to recommend guest presenters you would like to see present MT … Martee ThOMus TegTmeyer, is the founder of the monthly gathering, originally called the “Self-Care Energy Balance Exchange” (1998), which morphed into “Energy Balance Exchange” and now has become: Energy Balancing Exchange Event (EnergyBEE) for holistic health modalities Your host Martee (ca.linkedin.com/in/ tmtegtmeyer/) has Ottawa office hours:
Text/Voice 613.769.5575 email: email@example.com
Healthy Mind, Healthy Body:
Can we have one without the other?
he gut is often referred to as the second brain. You have probably used phrases similar to the following to describe your feelings in certain situations: “Going with my gut”; “I have butterflies in my stomach”; “That was a gut-wrenching experience”. We use these expressions for a reason: the digestive system is sensitive to our emotions. Anger, anxiety, sadness, joy — all of these feelings (and others) can trigger symptoms in the gut. In Chinese medicine the stomach, pancreas and spleen are affected by worry. The liver and gallbladder are affected by anger and frustration. The large intestine is affected by grief and depression. The small intestine is affected by happiness and joy, or lack thereof. Moreover, this “gut/brain” connection goes both ways. The thought of eating yummy food can trigger the digestive process before food makes its way into the mouth. A troubled (or inflamed) digestive system can make the “thought” of eating seem repulsive. So, how does stress affect the gut…and how does the gut affect the brain? When a person experiences emotional stress a physical response takes place. This is often described
as the ‘flight or fight’ response. Adrenaline and cortisol are the biochemical results of stress and both of these hormones have significant effects on the health and integrity of the gut. This flight or fight response diverts blood flow away from the digestive system to supply the arms and legs with blood for “fleeing” from a stressful situation. This change in blood flow and the stressed state are reflected in changes in skin temperature, and patterns of inflammation, over regions of the body. Once a perceived threat has passed, blood flow and hormone levels return to normal and inflammation subsides but chronic stress can wreak havoc on your mind and body. Chronic stress eventually causes the digestive system to break down which suppresses the immune system. Once the immune system is weakened, the balance of good/bad bacteria in the gut becomes off kilter. “Healthy” bacteria in the gut produce B Vitamins, amino acids, fatty acids and other substances which are necessary to manufacture adequate levels of serotonin and dopamine, our “happy” neurotransmitters. Since the majority of serotonin is produced in the gastrointestinal tract, an imbalance of bacteria in the gut can affect the “brain” and mental health. When the gut is damaged by stress and the microbial population favors “unhealthy” types of bacteria, serotonin is not produced in adequate amounts. This
creates an environment that can contribute to anxiety and depression. So, the answer to the question is ‘No’! We cannot have a healthy body without a healthy mind and vice- versa. Over the past two decades, it has been determined through extensive clinical studies that inflammation is not just a result of stress and sickness, but the actual CAUSE of serious, life threatening conditions like heart disease, cancer and diabetes. This condition is silent but not invisible. So how can one “see” their current state of health? Thermography can see your body asking for help and it can identify the areas that need attention first. Thermography is the only assessment tool that can visualize inflammation: where it is, where it is coming from, and what it may lead. In a nutshell, this tool creates a high definition digital map of your body that illustrates temperature patterns — patterns that are consistent with inflammation. We recommend thermography as a way of evaluating your overall level of stress and your digestive health. Thermography can identify areas of inflammation or congestion in the digestive system. Thermography can also help you to visualize your level of stress. The thermal patterns that present on the skin may indicate liver stress, congestion in the small or large intestine or lymph related issues. This can help you and your practitioner to plan your treatment protocol accordingly. Thermography is not diagnostic for any specific condition, but it is highly sensitive and can identify very early signs of inflammatory or physiological changes in the body. What can one “do” about stress? For emotional stress, nothing is more important than moderate exercise. Heavy exercise may overtax your body and deplete physical resources. Dietary modifications are also important. Be aware that diet plans and supplements that contain a “cure all, good for all” tag line aren’t all they are cracked up to be. We each need a personalized nutrition and supplementation plan: unfortunately, there is no cookie cutter approach to our health. Regarding food, think light and fresh. Regarding emotions, practice patience, forgiveness, kindness, gratitude and let go of anger and resentment. Do you have the guts to be healthy? Why don’t you find out with thermography! The knowledge you gain offers you the power to take control of your future health and the length and quality of the rest of your life.
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
For the past several months, I’ve been getting a lot of calls from clients who have been struggling with their finances. Their main complaint is that things don’t seem to be moving forward for them. They all make a decent amount of income, they don’t carry an enormous amount of debt, yet things are not going the way they want. When I get calls like this, I will look at their financial structure to see if there is anything that needs fixing. Sometimes it’s a simple issue of making changes to their mortgage payments, consolidating some debt or changing things in their investment portfolios to improve the performance. I ask them to make a budget and diligently track every single expense for a couple of months to find out where the leakage is taking place. All these issues are mechanical and are relatively easy to fix. The real work begins when I try to uncover the cause for this situation. You see, your Net-Worth (assets minus liabilities) will not improve until your Self-Worth improves. Change your outlook to one of gratitude and be thankful for all that you have in the present moment. Develop an abundance mindset as opposed to focusing on the things that you don’t have in your life. Yes, you need to become aware of your cash flow so that you can make the proper choices with your money. Create a vision board filled with all the things that you want (financial, spiritual, relationships, health and wellness) and focus on the positive. I can tell you from personal experience and from helping hundreds of clients with this, that once all these elements come together, things start to change for the better. Dare to Dream! Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca ~ www.yourretirementcoach.ca
A MUST ATTEND WORKSHOP: Open Mind Workshop 2019: Cancer
Qi-Matic Research Centre Presents The Open Mind Workshop
ancer is a scary word and often associated with death and suﬀering. However, as advances have been made in modern medicine and eastern medicine as well as alternative medicine, we can be more hopeful that one can live a normal life. In this workshop, you will find out how cancer can be conquered and prevented. The three presenters will explain and show you how! Mr. Zhaoqi Guo wastrained as a western doctor in China. He was also trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. He has been practicing acupuncture for over 30 years in Ottawa. He was addressed as Dr. Guo respectfully by his clients. By combining his knowledge of the East and West he has created his own unique combination of acupuncture points and occasionally adding herbs in order to help his cancer clients. He was also a researcher in the field of hormones. He has a keen mind in research and a sincere desire to help his clients which enabled him to develop many new ways of resolving his clients’ health issues and Cancer is one of those areas he has much success. He is well known even in the medical community in Ottawa for his work on cancer. He has received many awards from the international community on Acupuncture for his work. In this workshop, he will talk about how Yin Yang balance, hormones and our immune system works and how they aﬀect the growth of cancer. He has many case studies to present with confirmation with western tests. Dr. Amanda Chan is a non-traditional chiropractor who focuses on Neuro-Optimization. She uses gentle, light touch techniques and breathing exercises to correct neuro abnormalities and in turn, optimize your body and your spine. Her patients reported that she is very intuitive and often knows where their concerns are without them having to tell her. Though Not a focus of her treatment, her patients have successfully reported that they feel less stressed and have in cases released negative emotions that aﬀect their health. In this workshop, she will be focusing on emotional issues pertaining to cancer patients and will teach simple exercises to overcome negative emotions. Sifu James Foo is a scientist who is born with the special ability to see energy flow in the body and around the body referred to as aura. He is always experimenting with knowledge he found in the Eastern and Western medicine. His latest discovery is on Natural Killer cells (NK cells in short). NK cells is part of the innate immunity. It plays a role in directly inducing the death of tumor cells. We all have NK cells, however, their numbers are usually low and not enough to deal with major issues such as Cancer.
Dr. Amanda Chan
Zhaoqi Guo, R. TCMP & R. Ac
Topic: Cancer April 27, 2019 9 am to 5 pm Location: Kitchissippi United Church 630 Island Park Drive, Ottawa Admission: $55 before April 12, 2019 $70 after April 12, 2019 or at the door Contact: Angela Fung firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-762-8893 Private consultations with the presenters will be available
In this workshop, he will explain how cancer is formed. He will then show you how you can increase the NK cells in a simple natural way. You will even have a chance to experience it and learn how to do it!
Come and join us on April 27, and find out how cancer could be conquered! To register: email Angela at email@example.com or text her at 613 762 8893. Payment Method: - E transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or - Cheque mailed to Angela Fung at 49 Rita Ave. Ottawa K2G 2G7 - cash in person. Cost: $55 before April 12, 2019. $70 after April 12 or at the door. Location: Kitchissippi United Church, 630 Island Park Drive, Ottawa (enter through a small side road called Byng Road off Island Park Dr.) Time: 9am to 5 pm. Angela Fung Ottawa Coordinator of Qi-Matic Research Centre
Darshan with Mother Meera By Reza Shadman
am very happy to announce that after a few years gap Mother Meera will be back in Ottawa on Saturday, May 11th. It was very exciting to hear that a North American tour has been arranged even though Mother has been very busy with touring European cities and schools in India. On behalf of Mother Meera’s Society, I invite you to experience Mother’s Darshan, her offering of light. This is a free event but you need to register at www. mothermeera.ca Mother Meera was born in India and was recognized to be an Avatar from early on, a Divine incarnation who appears for the purpose of uplifting humanity. She travels the world extensively and offers Darshan in silence:
embodiment of the Divine Mother
no teaching no ritual
a silent blessing Mother Meera is traveling around the world. Her work is to bring down the Light and the Divine Consciousness into the world’s consciousness in order to accelerate the transformation process of each individual as well as the world.
You are invited to experience Mother Meera’s Darshan.
“people are too active and rarely sit quietly. In silence, one can receive more because all one’s activities become concentrated at one point. My teaching is to give only the essence, Divine, that which is necessary. I give exactly what is needed to each person.” ~ Mother Meera ~
Darshan is done in a specific way. An exact description is available at www.mothermeera.com . You can also watch this process and Q and A’s on YouTube. www. mothermeera.com/livestream/ is another important link to weekly live videos and meditations. I highly recommend meditations on Livestream. I first met Mother Meera about 10 years ago. Receiving her light brought me joy. I felt happy during and after Darshan and that was
Darshans are free of charge and upon reservation.
To register and more informations : www.mothermeera.ca MAY 7th 2019 10 am – 1 pm
MAY 8th 2019 10 am – 1 pm
MAY 9th 2019
10 am – 1 pm – 4 pm
MAY 11th 2019 10 am – 1 pm
3125 Hochelaga Blvd, Ste-Foy (Quebec)
SHERBROOKE MAY 10th 2019 10 am – 1 pm
OTTAWA / GATINEAU
MAY 12th 2019 10 am – 1 pm
Delta Hotel by Marriott Conference Centre
2685 King West Street, Sherbrooke
enough to follow her. She has supported me ever since. I asked for help for my father and he received it, not knowing where it has come from. A dear friend, Minoo, was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and was open enough to reach out to Mother. She now has the utmost respect for her. I invite you to experience this light for yourself. We are looking for volunteers. You can call 6137940677 or email email@example.com
Holiday Inn Montreal Downtown
999 Saint-Urbain Street, Montreal
Best Western Plus Hotel Conference Centre
131 Laurier Street, Gatineau
Ramada Plaza Toronto
300 Jarvis Street, Toronto
Body Cosmic In the body that is strong The whole universe is stored Eyes bright as stars in the night Heart’s glow, like the Sun Pours below its golden love In the mind that is clearer, Reality is a mirror Through your body, in your breath All the wisdom flows, You are the creation the knows. Monica Timbal
Energy Therapy, Trauma Integration & Neuroplasticity Workshop: Heal Your Nervous Systems, Heal Your Life
t’s that time again. Time to tune up by tuning into your body, listening to it, feeling it, tracking and integrating its sensations, as well as rethinking and refeeling what the mind tells you so that all of you can become free again. Jaya Hollohan will be sharing some of the principles and tools from energy and trauma integration therapy, particularly the BodyTalk System and Somatic Experiencing, to help us to rewire our nervous systems, as well as other parts and systems, in ways that will transform your experience of your life. Jaya will also share the principles of neuroplasticity and offer practices, similar to the latter two modalities, which encourage us to heal at the deep cellular and nervous system levels. Neuroplasticity makes this possible by having us cultivate new thoughts, emotions, and experiences that when practiced, will integrate as chemical and physical changes within our various brains.
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
Join Jaya at her one-day transformational workshop and learn how to: • Use the principles and practices of BodyTalk energy therapy and Somatic Experiencing trauma integration therapy, to help you to understand how energy influences your health and how to give yourself a mini healing session. • Identify and shift the energetic roots of existing mental, emotional patterns to change their effect on your overall health. • Track and integrate bodily sensations that relate to bound survival energy from past thwarted fight, flight or freeze responses. • Use practical tools to calm, ground and rewire your nervous system and guide it to self-regulate more effectively. • Use principles and practices from scientific research on neuroplasticity and quantum physics to begin to change your thoughts, emotions, and related habitual behaviours, that when applied, will enable you to lead a more creative, joyful and peaceful life. Once you learn how to master and command the energy and matter of your body, your whole life will begin to revolutionize itself. Now is the time to thrive. Jaya will be offering this workshop on Sunday, April 28th, 2019 from 10am-6pm in Centretown, Ottawa. Cost is $250 (or early bird $200 until April 7th). Please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org to register and/or feel free to visit: www.energythrive.com and click on ‘Events’ for more information or to register.
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Jaya Hollohan MA is a Certified Advanced Parama BodyTalk Practitioner, Cranial Sacral, Lymphatic Drainage, Mindfulness Life Coach, Reiki Practitioner, Hatha Yoga Teacher and is currently undertaking Peter Levine PhD’s 3 year Somatic Experiencing Professional Training, which assists in trauma resolution. She has been working in the healing field for over 10 years and has a very busy energy therapy practice in Ottawa and Gatineau. Jaya is Author of the book: “Who We Are When We Thrive: Remembering Happiness and Rediscovering Health”.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles: Staying Healthy In Transit
ecently I had the good fortune of travelling to Australia. It was my first experience with long distance travel for many years, and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I did know that people seem to get sick on long trips, whether as a result of being tired and depleted, or exposure to bacteria in airports and on planes-or a combination of both. Finding natural solutions to air travel challenges is not that difficult. I had homeopathic jet-lag pills, which were a godsend since I really didn’t sleep (did I mention it was a 23 hour flight in total, across a couple of time zones?). In addition, I had been taking a tincture of herbs for stress for many weeks. Couldn’t hurt. Essential oils would be, well, essential, on any trip, but especially those really long distance journeys because they can be used in a variety of ways to combat fatigue, infection and
anxiety (did you know Australia requires a Visa to visit? I found out at check in. My bad). I have a blend called “On The Mat” which I made sure to pack. It is called On The Mat because I use it to disinfect my yoga mat. But honestly, the power of thyme, manuka and other essential oils is indispensable when it comes to keeping yourself healthy. I also packed a bottle of lavender essential oil. This is first aid in a bottle. Pain relieving, calming, skin-cell regenerating, sleepinducing...for most people, this is a perfect remedy! For sleep, chamomile, valerian, marjoram or ylang ylang may help. For focus and concentration, and combating jet-lag if you do get it, try rosemary or basil. If you are traveling, come visit us first. We have lots of ideas to make your trip more enjoyable! ©2019 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St (Near Somerset). As well as providing the ingredients for DIY bodycare, she also facilitates monthly workshops. www.planetbotanix.com 613.567.4444
Dolphin Dentistry Saint Germain Foundation
Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com email@example.com
Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-834-8896
A Gentle Solution for Back Pain
Pollution of Mind
By Yola Dunne, practitioner of the Healing and Shamanic Arts. (www.yoladunne.com) ollution of the mind is rampant in our culture. To be aware of this phenomenon is paramount to creating a healthy mind and body. Everywhere we turn, we are bombarded with countless mental pollutants: news, social media, noise, traffic, drama, abuse, stress, etc… In an age when a two-hour text response lag can induce anxiety, it is the pollution of the mind that is the cause of the chaos, destruction of environment, and separation from the sacred dimensions of life without which we are lost as a species. We have become so accustomed to having discursive thoughts, we no longer have the ability to encounter the world with an open heart. We have adapted to living mostly in our heads, having forgotten and forsaken the essential need we have to connect with our bodies and the earth. We have become a culture of lost souls because of the fear generated by faulty thinking and destructive intention. Knowing when to disconnect from the influences of the drunken monkey mind is essential to our well-being and evolution. Practices such as mindfulness, meditation, yoga, and tai chi are very valuable. Yet nothing is more powerful than the sensuality of our instinctual nature for restoring trust in the sacred relationship between mind and body. Alleviating the discord caused by the monkey mind is most effectively done by embodying our spontaneous nature. It’s about losing our mind and coming to our senses. The power generated from the body when fuelled by the higher mind is a catalyst for transformation and much needed medicine for the world. Remember, the mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master. In Loving Service, Yola
By Dileep Korah ith pleasant weather on the horizon, that shelved new-year’s resolution of getting more exercise just may have a second chance. However, the wellintentioned weekend warrior athlete can often get sidelined with back pain. Are these injuries self-induced or could it be that you are prone to them due to postural imbalances? There are many possible contributing factors to back pain. The usual suspects include excess weight, stress or lack of exercise. But isn’t that why you want to exercise – to lose that excess weight, release stress and get into shape? An evaluation of your entire body by your osteopath can give tremendous insight as to the potential causes of your back pain. Key things to check should include: integrity of the spine and back muscles; the head, knees and feet for their impact on balance; the sacroiliac joint and abdominal organs/muscles due to their proximity to the low back; and the fascia which is the connective tissue that interconnects the entire body. However, sometimes you need to consult with your medical doctor for example if your back pain is accompanied by fever, new bladder problems, or unexplained weight loss. If you are someone who has tried more aggressive therapies, feel worse after such treatments, or have lingering back pain that can’t seem to be solved by other approaches, osteopathic manual therapy may be the solution for you. Techniques are very gentle with the goal of optimizing body mechanics. Its holistic approach addresses the cause of back pain at the level of the muscles/bones, organs, and nerves. Who would have thought that your back pain may be due to compensations caused by that old injury from last year’s exercise resolution? Treat your body and spine with the respect that it deserves and let your osteopath get you back into the game, inspired and ready to meet your fitness goals.
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Dileep Korah, D.O.M.P., ND Bilingual Osteopath and Naturopath 32 rue Principale, Gatineau (Aylmer). 819-800-1962 www.AylmerOsteoND.com
UNCERTAINTY by Dr. Reverend Martha Creek
may have finally learned that “Figure it out” is not a good slogan for me or most other humans. Stressful. My best attempts prove murky, wobbly, wily, confusing, and complex. Perhaps, “keep faith in This transformational workshop by Dr. Rev Martha Creek is designed precisely for a things unseen” and stay the course time of rapid change and supports participants to: could be a kinder approach. • Develop courageous patterns of relating to old patterns without being hostage to them I was meeting a friend for lunch • Learn to focus on strengths & cultivate options for an empowered future in a new unfamiliar place - one that • Boost confidence in responding to life’s challenges with less anxiety turns out is plain old weird and dif• Learn to lead with calm connectedness toward your own goals • Guide self toward healthy functioning and presence to source ficult to navigate. This is coming • Gain skill/mastery in staying present during difficult times – resourceful and resilient from someone who has driven in unfamiliar countries, places, and “Martha Creek is an enlightened being and passionate speaker who engages and facilitates an honest realization of who we truly are. foreign cities for 40 years. This place Profoundly real and liberating, Martha walks her talk and challenges contains roundabouts that are not each of us to do the same.” Rev. Greg Coles, M.Div. aligned squarely with the incoming streets, heavy congested traffic and Friday, May 24: 6- 9 pm & Saturday, May 25: 9- 6 pm people in a big hurry to get somewhere, of course. Spiritual investment: $97 (early bird) and $117 after May 15 I felt overly determined on this Martha will be the guest speaker at Unity on Sunday, May 26 at 10:30 am particular day - confident and faithfollowed by a mini- workshop from 1- 3 pm on a donation basis ful that I was equipped for this adLocation: The Good Companions Centre venture and affirming it would be (670 Albert St.- plenty of free parking and bus stop at the door) with ease and grace. All the best and powerful spiritual mix, right? For more information: www.marthacreek.com or www.unityottawa.org I sought the assistance of my most Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ~Unity Celebration of Spirit, Sundays at 10:30 a.m.~ trusted and dependable friend “Siri” for navigation assistance, realizing she is smarter and broader minded than me. I proceeded confidently along the route, naviAs Martin Luther King said, “Faith is taking the first gated two of the crazy intersections, and Siri informed step even when you don’t see the whole staircase”. I me, “You have arrived”. Although, I didn’t see a restau- won’t begin to believe that I know what Faith is or isn’t. rant in sight, I had arrived. I decided to park and figure What I will continue to do is watch for winks, signs and it out on foot. I surely must be close. accept the complexity of the directions. I parked the car in the first available space that inWhat will you do in the name of “faith”? cluded “two hour” parking. How generous. I guess that keeps people like me from living in that space all Join acclaimed spiritual teacher Martha Creek the winter. I stepped out of the car, took a big deep breath, weekend of May 24-26 for the Journey Within workbasked in my glory of accomplishment, secretly taking shop, as well as her message at Unity Spiritual Centre the credit of course, and began to look around for the Ottawa Sunday celebration, 10:30 a.m. The Good restaurant. My first discovery was that I was at the City Companions Centre. Hall. As I began my restaurant search, the arrows in the email: email@example.com photo were there to direct me. or website: unityottawa.org Two ways! Which way? Who decides? I got a huge belly laugh and another “awakening” reset from the God wink. What if there is more than one way to whatever we are headed for? What would it be like to accept this reality and proceed with understanding and less stress?
Journey Within- Self Mastery Workshop
DIAMOND APPROACH ® OT TAWA
AwAkening The 3 CenTres A D i a m on d Approac h S e min a r The Head, Heart, and Belly are subtle centres within our individual consciousness, sometimes referred to as subtle organs of perception and action. When these centres are opened and activated, they help guide one’s soul to deeper realms of our True
Nature. In this seminar we will work to understand and open each centre, through inquiry, sensing, and meditation practices. The Belly centre is where the soul meets the ground of the earth. It helps to ground our realization and deepen our connection to our body, and allows us to function more optimally in the world, bringing a lived Presence and practicality to our lives.
The Heart centre brings attunement, sensitivity, empathy, and the capacity to feel one’s emotions and qualities of essence. When the Heart centre is open, we taste life to its fullest.
The Head centre is fundamentally the centre of awareness, discrimination, and understanding. When it is open and able
to freely engage experience, it is characterized by a complete open-mindedness, where we feel we are free of historical perspectives, positions, and identification. Then we can become open to the mystery of who and what we are. June 28, 29, & 30, 2019
• Friday, June 28 6:30pm – 9:30pm (registration begins 5:45pm)
Lisa Barrett and Carolyn Cerame
For registration and information, please contact Lisa Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org
• 2019: Sept. 5, 6, 7, 8
• Saturday, June 29 9:30am – 5:30pm • Sunday, June 30 9:30am – 5:30pm LOCATION:
Saint Paul University 223 Main Street, Rm L142 Ottawa, ON K1S 1C4
$425 + HST $300 + HST Full-time students
• 2020: February 8 & 9 (Zoom Webinar) April 16, 17, 18, 19 June 25, 26, 27, 28 Sept 17, 18, 19, 20
The Diamond Approach ~ www.diamondapproach.org A path that engages and leads to the discovery, development & preservation of the Human Essence.
DIAMOND APPROACH, RIDHWAN DIAMOND APPROACH and RIDHWAN are registered trademarks of the Ridhwan Foundation. The Ridhwan “HU” symbol is a trademark of the Ridhwan Foundation.
The Pachakuti Mesa Tradition:
Cross-Cultural Shamanic Arts for Personal and Planetary Renewal Do you seek harmony, health and community in your life? Wishing to experience a deeper relationship with nature and unseen realms? Are you called to a path of healing service? “The PMT apprenticeship has changed who I am to the core and given me the ability to navigate life with grace and purpose. Connecting to this lineage has healed parts of me that were disconnected or broken. It has given me words for truths that I have always instinctively KNOWN, and given me a community of family that understands the world in the same way. My path of service is clear and I feel empowered to follow it with joy, wisdom and support.” ~ Alaina H., Sebastopol, CA
This Apprenticeship has been carefully crafted to offer people from all walks of life a heartfelt initiation into the healing power and earth honoring ceremonial artistry of the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition (PMT), as originated by world-renowned kamasqa curandero don Oscar Miro-Quesada. Inspired by the living soul which sustains the various ancient traditions of Peruvian Curanderismo, the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition maintains contemporary relevance in its dedication to compassionate personal and planetary transformation. Sanctioned by the PMT Lineage and by don Oscar, curandera and stellar teacher YOLA DUNNE is offering the PMT Apprenticeship in Chelsea, Québec with two alternative opportunities to attend Part One, The Call to Heal (see below). As a PMT sanctioned teacher, Yola draws on over 30 years of practice and experience in the healing arts. Her path began in 1993 in the Dür Bön Tradition, a pre-Buddhist shamanic tradition of Tibet where she assisted in many ceremonies. These profound experiences paved the way for her service as auxilia (ceremonial assistant) to don Oscar, and her deep apprenticeship in the living lineage of the PMT. Yola serves her community with a thriving private healing practice, ceremonial offerings, and workshops.
NEW Apprenticeship Series Offered in Chelsea, Québec, Canada
The Heart of the Healer A Shamanic Portal into the Universe of the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition
PART I PART I PART II PART III PART IV PART V
The Call to Heal (Releasing the Past) The Call to Heal – Alternate Weekend A Balance of Power (Transforming the Present) The Condor’s Quest (Creating the Future) The Hummingbird’s Ascent (Living the Mystery) The Shamanic Self (Serving the Earth)
March 15-17, 2019 May 17-19, 2019 August 9-11, 2019 November 15-17, 2019 February 21-23, 2020 May 29-31, 2020
Contact Yola Dunne at email@example.com or call (613) 291-0315 or visit www.yoladunne.com/apprenticeship. Cost: $450 CDN (per weekend). Pay by e-transfer, cheque, or PayPal. Fees include tax. For more information about the PMT visit our website.
April 2019 Walk a path of ancestral healing wisdom in the modern world Tone.ca
The latest issue of one of Canada's longest running independent health and wellness magazine.