Toneâ€™s April Theme: HEALTHY MIND & BODY
April 2018, Vol. 33, #8, Priceless
M a g azine A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 32 years
The #1 Health and Wellness Show in Ottawa!
FREE ADMISSION! April 21-22
Win $100 To Spend At The Show! Details Inside.
The Healthy Brain and Body Show A two-day wellness expo unlike any other in Ottawa! It brings together experts in the fields of mental, emotional, spiritual and physical health and places a heavy emphasis on our brain health, dedicating a significant amount of space inside the show to the most important organ in the human body! The Healthy Brain Rehabilitation Area is a showcase in the middle of the show where we can learn about advancements in brain science, try new tools, check out new products, and connect with experts working to increase awareness and provide treatment for those suffering with a traumatic brain injury. With 100+ Exhibitors, inspirational and educational speakers, TRX Demos, The Zen Zone, an Escape Cage, delicious samples, awesome health products, intuitive readings, interactive booths and The Healthy Brain Rehabilitation Area, there is something for everyBODY at the show, so SAVE THE DATE! No need to buy tickets, as admission is FREE, but we are gladly accepting donations at the door for Heroes Equine Learning Program (H.E.L.P.), supporting our military and first responders suffering with PTSD and operational stress injuries. We are also THRILLED to announce that Mark Hatfield, former NFL player-turned inspirational speaker, stand-up comic and Ottawa firefighter, will be closing out the show on Sunday, April 22nd in his talk, “Overcoming Obstacles”. Mark shares his own personal story of struggle and
triumph in a way that will have you laughing, thinking and seeking to improve your life in all sorts of ways. PLUS, the first 1,000 visitors will receive a special coupon for Le Nordik Nature Spa in Chelsea, Quebec! We are so excited and can’t WAIT to serve you on April 21 & 22, 2018 at The EY Centre (near the airport). Check out the ad to win SHOW BUCKS (fun money you can win and spend at the show!!). Sarah, Roger and The Healthy Brain and Body Team P.S. It is Earth Day Weekend, so please bring your reusable shopping bags to carry all your goodies and remember to bring your reusable water bottle as we have Aqua Haulics supplying us with fresh, cold water all weekend!
Welcome to the Editor’s Note
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. Published 11 months/year. Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner. Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com; Web: www.tone.ca • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Spring is here and everyone is ready for new beginnings. Are you feeling like you need a tune-up? You can find a wealth of information on brain and body performance in this month’s issue! Are you holding yourself back? Tone is the resource for you to find the practitioner you need to help you on your journey, whether you need assistance with body, mind or spirit. We have been helping people connect for over thirty years! Don’t forget to follow us on social media and check out our on-line presence at www.tone.ca! You can find information on spirituality and meditation, health and natural therapies! Check us out for fitness and bodyworks, counselling and coaching. Search on-line for food and nutrition, lifestyle and entertainment, self development, books and health-related shows! Thanks for supporting us and your wellness community!.
Tone Advertising Rates …
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
April 21 & 22, 2018 ~ EY Centre Win $100 in Show Bucks!
Join our Facebook contest for your chance to win 5 x $20 to spend on anything at the show!
Go to HealthyBrainAndBodyShow.com/contest
SPONSORS of The Show St. John Ambulance Artizen Kombucha by Agape Gardens Inner Soul Yoga & Cycle Little Stream Bakery Pete’s Gluten Free MALARAE CONTRIBUTING SPONSORS ProjectX Productions Le Nordik Leading Light Lemon Balm Lane Functional Training Academy EXHIBITORS LIST 13 Muesli Active Training Pedorthics Alive + Fit Magazine Amica Aquahaulics Aqua Health Products Arbonne Avant Chiropractic BeeKeepers Naturals Bee Savvy Honey Beth’s Crystal Shop Beauty Counter Black Sheep Developments Brain Injury Association Of The Ottawa Valley Cannibis Clinics Connect Hearing Core Chair Costco
Crickstart Canadian School of Natural Nutrition (CSNN) Dalcini Stainless Didi Bahini Do Terra Dr. Vivienne Guy Eating Well Ottawa Eko built Epicure Escape Manor Falun Dafa Fascial Connections Fauxmagerie Zengarry Food wise weight loss Fractal Effects Functional Training Academy Guardians Of The Children Healing Yoga Ottawa HOLYFIRE2 Reiki – Reiki Wanderlust Horizon Pet Foods Hummingbird Chocolate Ignite Your Light Illumisoft Institute Of Holistic Nutrition (IHN) Iris Technologies Iso Spa Just Awesome Sauce Kirstin’s Foot Care King’s Own Reserve Kricklewood Farms Leading Light Lemon Balm Lane
ListenUp Canada! Love Your Brain Merivale optical Manotick Wellness Hub Metaselenite Misty River Introductions Mugena Enterprise Nerium NEAL BROTHERS NuPasta Nutri-Chem Oak Tree chiro One Match – Canadian Blood Services Opticalm Visual Stress Clinic OSSC Oxy Expert Planet Botanix Planet Botanix Wellness Practitioners Popeye’s Supplements Pro-Action Sports Injury Clinic Pure Heart Essentials Quantum Wave Laser Reflexology Association of Canada Skin Essence Organics Snell House Foods Special Finds Strathmere Sweetlegs Stittsville Tease Tea The Unrefined Olive Tone Magazine Undercarriage Deodorant Urban Juice Press VoxxLife Wellness With Moira Young Living Youngevity Your Health + Fitness Matters Magazine Zija Moringa
Zen Zone And more!
Time Out and Timelessness str e
on a folded piece of paper what we observed. We were then asked to give the piece of paper to another person in the group. When we opened ronos (as in chronology) was a each other’s pieces of paper, we all very low echelon characteristic s said the same thing: “My watch has s s e in the mythological hierarchy of elln stopped!” This is profound! It fits w ancient Greece. The “ex-static” smokin with the theory of relativity that frui characteristics of Khaos (emotional says that, as the speed of light is genius) and Kairos (being “in zone”) approached, time dilates. xie were considered to be at the apex of ty In my hypnotherapy practice, I self the hierarchy. -esteem gently suggest to my clients that The early Greeks were very aware t they ease into “clearing thinking” weigh of “time traps” that would stultify and then drift into Kairos and a state human wisdom and experience. of being totally “grounded” HERE. COUNSELLING, COACHING Most of the major components Chronological time disappears of our modern day western & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE and my client is in a state of pure Richard M. Haney cultures (philosophy, mathematics, experience. Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist astronomy, democracy, drama, There is a direct link between death medicine, architecture, etc.) were (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 and time. If a person is living fully incubated by the great minds of the Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. each moment and is not focusing Greek era, when they lived in a state www.ottawahypnosis.com on dying someday, vast amounts www.ottawacounselling.com of virtual timelessness. Materialism, of psychic energy are released for productivity, the industrial creativity. Many religions instill revolution and the plague of “time is money” have a regime of time, guilt, and fear of death into their paralyzed authentic modern creativity. practices. For example, many of the people of Provence For example, when the Europeans colonized the in southern France were living in an almost blissful indigenous peoples of North America, they banned state when the Church of Rome decided to build a bell their wampum (labour theory of value) and required tower to aid in their conversion to Catholicism. After them to use coins and currency and to pay interest someone torched this tower, Pope Gregory IX launched (capital theory of value). the Inquisition into that free-Spirited environment. The I had the great honor of taking a retreat workshop subsequent reign of terror lasted for centuries and led to called the “Physics of Consciousness” with Dr. the hunting down, torturing, and killing of millions of Itzhak “Ben” Bentov, the author of “Stalking the Wild “heretics” throughout Europe. Pendulum”. He was an expert on the confluence of I suggest to my partners-in-healing (clients, Einstein’s theory of relativity and Zen Buddhism’s Satori colleagues, friends, etc.) that they just focus on being meditation. He was able to prove to the thirty of us in HERE! I do not say the here “and now” because, if this workshop that the concept of time is an assumption there is a focus on time, most experiential value is lost. and an illusion. In the Satori state of consciousness, I call these “time traps”. They cause a person to leave time as we know it does not exist! In this meditative the experiential domain and move into the disjointed state, we were asked to look at our watches and write and sequential domains of thinking and disassociating. They are then out of cadence, just as one can be “out of step” when dancing. These days, because of electronic devices, many young people are “time-shifting” into an abyss called instantaneous gratification. When time is abused, it can have a destructive effect on relationships. When used wisely, it can be enhancing. Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy Just before he died, Joseph Campbell, the famous Practicing and Teaching Stellar mythologist, was asked what he considered to be the and Vedic Astrology most important discovery he had come across while Guiding people since 1959 in researching and studying world mythologies. He Finances, Career, Investment, answered, “Follow your bliss.” Relationship and Family. Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Teaching meditation Mediation). Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Individual service as well as follow-up queries Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9 737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973 send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find and Fulfill Your Life Purpose
aybe finding your life purpose is easy if you have special gifts like Picasso or Einstein. On the other hand, if you are still asking yourself what you want to be when you grow up, the process starts to seem less clear. Even if it takes a wee bit of effort, it’s still a question worth answering. Numerous studies suggest that finding work is in alignment with your purpose is more motivating and satisfying than any pay increase. If you’re still searching, it’s time to discover your mission!! Finding Your Life Purpose: 1. Calm your mind. Ease yourself into a creative state of mind. Meditate or take a long walk through the park. Soak in a warm bath or read poetry. Your thoughts become more expansive when you take a step back from daily concerns. 2. Identify your strengths. Focus on what you do well. Think about the kind of compliments you receive or tasks that come easily to you. 3. Keep a journal. Writing about your search can help you organize your thoughts. Over time, you may recognize patterns that will guide you in moving forward. Fulfilling Your Life Purpose: 1. Be flexible. You may be surprised by some of your discoveries. You may even find that you have more than one purpose. Try to keep an open mind. 2. Set a daily intention. Keep your purpose fresh in your mind. Figure out something you can do each day to bring you closer to your goals. Consistent effort builds momentum, and small victories add up.
3. Seek support. Pursuing your purpose is rewarding and challenging. It helps to have partners on your side. Ask your friends and family for the assistance you need. Team up with others who share your vision. Being driven by purpose will make you happier and more successful. Examine your experiences and discover how to share your unique gifts. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com
Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of "The Letting Go Process" - it's free!!
veryone loves to be motivated. One thing that helps with motivation is a positive quote. Do you have a personal go-to quote that motivates or brightens up your day? Why not post it. There are a few ways to do it. You can share one that you see on your feed, tweet out the text of the quote, or create a graphic of the quote. Sometimes the simple ways work wonders. Not everything needs to be on a graphic. Simple text can garnish focus on your post as it has the potential of standing out among all the graphics being posted. Go a bit beyond that, explain why it is your go-to quote. This small yet effective explanation allows a bit of insight into who you are. Explanations on why you like a quote is also a great first step in sharing YOU on social media. This is key to the beginnings of building relationships on social media. Add a simple hashtag to it as well. For instance, #Quote #QuoteOfTheDay #QOTD are hashtags commonly used and can help you gain reach. Beyond that choose hashtags that are about the quote such as #positivevibesonly Did you know that you can have up to 30 quotes on one Instagram post? Well you can. Be careful to count them out though otherwise your post will post with no text write up. When that happens, unfortunately it’s best to start over and rewrite everything and make a stellar impact rather than let that slip by.
Grail Books Canada presents a Public Lecture
A SOUL CRIES OUT FOR HELP Speaker : Paul Bertram, B.Sc. A personal journey out of the shadow of anxiety and into the light of day. Hear about how a person could continue to suffer paralysing fears even after achieving success in work and in life.
Post a quote! In the meantime, #LightUpSocial and #ShareYourlight! Written by: Juanita Foucault “Juanita Foucault is Creative Director of Northern Lights Maple LTD offering social media and design services within a virtual setting. Visit www.NorthernLightsMaple.com for more information on her services and virtual assisting.”
After pursuing many detours and dead ends, Paul at last came across fundamental new knowledge that would help reveal the meaning of his life and open the door to true peace and happiness. Hear how this journey towards greater consciousness could bring him new understanding and lead to the freedom he was seeking. Inspired by the work In the Light of Truth − The Grail Message, by Abd-ru-shin.
KANATA, April 9, 7:30, Beaverbrook Public Library, 2500 Campeau St. BLACKBURN HAMLET, April 23, 7:00, BH Public Library, 199 Glen Park Ave. ORLEANS, May 9, 7:00, Orleans Public Library, Bériault Room, 1707 Orleans Blvd. Entry fee : $ 10.00 / $ 5.00 students For more information : 1-877-762-3077 or email@example.com grail-message.com
Authentic Tapestry Ian Prattis
was humbled by the reviews of “Our World is Burning: My Views on Mindful Engagement.’ Critics reinforced my attempt to create an authentic tapestry about the state of the world and how we could best engage with it. I could only draw from my experience and hope that would be enough for the reader. My approach to life comes through experience, crises, difficulties and joys that may have common ground with many readers. To the best of my ability, I endeavour to follow Gandhi’s principles of ahimsa and the teachings on mindfulness. These are the guidelines and foundations for my peace and environmental activism. I live very simply as a planetary activist. I am a Zen teacher, also a recognized guru in India. My initial task is to refine my own consciousness to be a vehicle to chart an authentic path. The focus on daily mindfulness from my Zen practice enables me to be still and clear. From this energy the poems and chapters emerge. My activism is a result of my internal work. Steadiness, clarity and compassion are within me. I prefer the still-point, uncoloured by the excess of ego and desire for recognition. Such a stillpoint permits me to be free in my own sovereignty, no matter what I am doing. It also propels me to serve the planet and humanity by creating bridges and pathways of harmony. As an anthropologist, I was fortunate to encounter many story tellers across North America – Dene, Hopi, Ojibwa, Algonquin, Inuit – to mention a few. Their poetic recounting of myths and history had a deep impact upon me. I would say that without poetry, cultures implode. Over a period of thirty years, four extraordinary medicine people enhanced my process of remembering the power of the poetic voice. Through their mentoring I learned how to reconfigure my understanding of time, place and consciousness. I also chose to listen to the
feminine voice of Earth Wisdom rather than the multitude of competing voices in my deep unconscious. This shows up in my writing. My books are epic tales that seamlessly weave together to create inspiration for a wide range of fellow spiritual seekers, environmentalists, Generation X and Y, feminists, students and academics alike. I recognized early on that global citizens are staring into the abyss – yet instead of being eaten up by it all, I say to them: “Awaken Spiritually,” for that transforms everything. We have made our world an unpredictable beast because we fail to work with it intelligently. We have to take back control of ourselves and this is a spiritual matter. Turning the switch of awakening seems to be a good idea right now. That is the prod and direction of my poems and books. We just need to touch the sacred in ordinary experiences of daily life to find the courage and determination to transform. My writing delivers a vigorous message about personal transformation in order to become different stewards of the earth and society. In the Sixteen Essays of Our World is Burning, I offer realitybased information that is in high demand in today’s society, which provides the potential for my projects to become fresh, new icons for today’s hungry culture. Hungry, that is, for authentic transformation. It takes training, practice, intelligence and creative vision to find the drive to create a tangible spirit of cooperation, the willingness to share and be supportive, and learning how to cross the bridges of conflict. This thread of understanding finds a place in every essay in Our World is Burning. You can order “Our World Is Burning” ($19.95) and receive one FREE autographed copy of New Planet New World; or Redemption; or Trailing Sky Six Feathers; or Failsafe; plus a Meditation CD as a thank you. Indicate which item you would like, though it depends on inventory what can be sent. http://ianprattis.com/OurWorldIsBurning.html
Thoughts in Meditation
By Rupa racticing meditation help us to have a sharp and clear mind. A lot of people might experience being overwhelmed with thoughts and feel more stressful instead of experiencing clarity. We can look at meditation as a rehearsal of life. It gives us a chance to see the pattern of our mind and change the pattern if we need to. Like physical body strength training, we cannot expect it to be easy. The flow of thoughts are like a river. Practicing meditation is like sitting on the bank of the river, observing the flow of the water that comes and goes, but not being affected by the water. Sometimes we see big waves, sometimes we see through the water; sometimes we see leaves floating on top of the water. No matter what we see, we just keep observing, not trying to change anything, not trying to stop anything. Gradually, we will be able to not be pulled by the thoughts and not agitated by the change of the thoughts. The repetition of meditation helps to sharpen the mind so we can see more clearly. At the same time, meditation helps expand the capacity of the brain so we can receive more information without being overwhelmed. The process can be hard and long but the reward is extraordinary -we are able to stay calm in any situation in our life with the power of mind.
Hatha Yoga Yin Yoga Meditation Teacher Training www.wishingtreeyoga.ca www.wishingtreeyoga.ca To know how to swim we need to jump into the water. Depending on our capability we can choose to go swimming in a pool, at a lake, in a river or in the ocean. Of course, at different places we will have different experiences. But no matter where we are, we need to go into the water. We know that the more we are in the water, the more we know what to do and how to play in the water. With practice, we will be able to enjoy all the activities in the water instead of worrying about drowning. Similarly, meditation trains our mind to face stress so when things happen in life we have some idea of how to deal with them. Rupa’s Chinese background and training has given her a natural understanding of ancient eastern wisdom. Living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop her practice in a modern western way. Her book A Complete Yoga Manual is a bridge between east and west, modern and ancient, theory and practice. A Complete Yoga Manual by Ivy XieMcIsaac (Rupa) is available at Singing Pebble Books.
For more information please contact Wishingtree Yoga at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind.
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-834-8896
Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
613.836.2355 • www.kaivalya.ca
Offices in Hull & Stittsville
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR: • EMOTIONAL/PHYSICAL PAIN • GRIEVING • RELATIONS • REGRESSIONS • WEIGHT • ADDICTIONS • STRESS • ENERGY LEVEL • HEALING THE PAST .
» Lynne Cardinal
by Stefania Allevato or over 30 years Lynne Cardinal has been offering stress management, resilience and burnout prevention workshops in the government and private sector. She is a consulting hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in hypnosis innovative techniques and weight loss. She is certified in Collective and Individual Trauma Work and Communication by Thomas Hübl. Recently, Lynne chatted with local writer and editor, Stefania Allevato, regarding the benefits of hypnosis and meditation. Q - Provide some personal background regarding what led you to hypnosis and how long you have been practicing. A - Inherently, I have always sensed a vast possibility and great potential within us. As a curious individual I went on to explore philosophy, psychology, meditation, stress management and later on hypnosis. I was inspired by it all as I could see how much we can help ourselves by developing a balanced lifestyle through daily meditation and by shifting our thinking patterns to more positive ones. Over 10 years ago, a friend psychiatrist trained in hypnosis told me that she could see me doing hypnosis. Interested, I soon took my first training in hypnosis even though I started with a skeptical mind. Yet early on in my training I realized how this modality is brilliant, effective and that I could adapt it in my own way. We can help ourselves, maybe more than we know. I saw hypnosis as a direct route to helping ourselves on many levels, essentially achieving a natural life balance. I saw that I could make this modality my own, integrating the multitude of training I had to make it unique and highly efficient. Q - Explain how your work helps people learn to have life balance. A - We are often conflicted between an inner, deeper wisdom and a more shallow less logical part of our mind. We are always making a choice between those two in terms of our thoughts and actions. The shallow part of our mind is filled with contradictions that are complex and unreasonable. Haven’t we all experienced a conflict between our deeper self that whispers from within, “You are making mountains out of this!” Yet the more superficial worrisome part of our mind replies, “Yes, but what if....”
Insurance Receipts Available
PH D. EASTERN PHILOSOPHY, NGH CERTIFIED HYPNOTIST, COACH, TEACHER
Interview with Lynne Cardinal
Empower Your Life-Path!
So how to achieve life balance will depend on working directly with this inner conflict to achieve clarity. For example, hypnosis is helpful when we realize that we need to respect our limits, but we have difficulty doing so because we feel blocked. We empower clarity and our objectives while freeing ourselves of inner obstacles. Hypnosis helps us to access this new perspective and implement it in our daily lives. It is also helpful in letting go of the past and healing deep parts of ourselves. That is much more difficult from the shallow part of our mind.
Q - Explain how hypnosis works and is it available to anyone regardless of personality type, etc? A - When it comes to hypnosis we need to forget what’s on TV or the over dramatizations found online. These pictures are based on show business and are far from what I do. To generate real lasting changes requires more advanced techniques based on respecting the objectives and the process needed by the individual. In the deep, relaxed state generated by hypnosis, we become receptive to our needs and objectives so we can say that shifts and changes happen naturally and from within. For hypnosis to work it simply requires an open mind and a desire to move forward. However, hypnosis isn’t recommended if an individual has a mental illness such as bipolar. Q - Are people under hypnosis always in control? A - As a trained professional in hypnosis I help clients get back control.
Q - How can hypnosis help people with stress? A - Generally, hypnosis is deeply soothing and relaxing. When we have definite areas in our lives where we feel stress then we can directly address those areas with hypnosis based on one’s needs and issues. We first explore the cause of stress and then we shift our perspective, let’s say into a more relaxed way to deal with it. For example, if public speaking generates stress then it is possible to see public speaking as a stimulating and positive experience as opposed to a dreadful one. Part 2 of the Q & A will be in next month’s issue of Tone. To learn more about Lynne please check out kaivalya. ca, or by email: email@example.com or call 613.836.2355. If you would like to learn more about Stefania and how she can make your written or spoken prose shine visit her at stefaniaallevato.ca
structure resides just below our conscious awareness. We hope for relationships that will allow for our own How is it that I both want and fear closeness? self-expression and also allow for the other’s selfexpression, that will encourage and support both giving ven if you aren’t interested in figure skating, and receiving, active and passive participation and perhaps you have heard of the tremendous success that can be both spontaneous yet mutually satisfying. of Canada’s dance pair, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. Our outer intellect can’t provide us with this, only our Watching their final dance during the Olympics was innermost being or real self. We must be willing to pure magic as they were so connected. Although we give all that we truly are, could see two people out both our potential and our on the ice, it felt as if they already realized selves; we were one entity, flowing in must be willing to offer unison. Open Lecture our best to life. The subject of this One of the barriers to Discussions 2018 month’s Pathwork our being able to do this teaching and discussion is a misconception we Saint Paul University looks at our human, and 233 Main St, follow signs to room hold, again just out of mostly unconscious, awareness, that if we add tendency to fear closeness There are 2 more for this season. to life, we will deprive and at the same time Open Lectures will resume in the fall. ourselves; it becomes “me to consciously desire versus you” or “us versus closeness and connection them”. We are convinced with others. Virtue and 7:00 to 9:00 pm that we must preserve our Moir’s dance was a individuality by staying Suggested donation, $15 ~ $5 for members beautiful example of the Contact Jean: firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-829-1254 separate and being in closeness and connection control. We therefore, between two individuals. All welcome deny the best in us. To Have you ever wrestled Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org live a truly fulfilling life, with any of these our belief that it must be questions? “me or the other” must be What do I truly desire in my relationships? Why replaced with “me and the other”, as we are one. am I reluctant to get to know the real me and to really Getting back to Virtue and Moir’s example, they connect with others? Why do I often seem to withhold could not have mastered their art without giving the my best from life, from myself, from others? best of themselves, receiving the best of the other, In Pathwork Lecture 138: The Human Predicament working together and believing in “me and the other.” of Desire for, and Fear of, Closeness, we learn that “One This subject will be explored at the next Pathwork of the greatest struggles for human beings is between Open Lecture evening on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at their desire to overcome isolation and loneliness and Saint Paul University, 233 Main Street, 7 to 9 pm. Two their simultaneous fear of close, intimate contact with of our Ottawa area Pathworkers will discuss aspects of another being.” We may be only partially aware of these this lecture and facilitate an exercise to help us notice conflicting desires as much of the underlying belief and understand better how we can both desire and fear closeness with our own inner self and with others. Then, we can begin the process of undoing the confusion and conflict, the push and pull, we feel and we can experience more balanced and fulfilling relationships. The Pathwork offers us approaches and tools that can Your largest supplier of help us to reach this harmony in our lives.
April 18th & May 16th
BUSINESS FOR SALE
massage tables, chairs and accessories in the Outaouais
71, boul. St-Raymond, Gatineau, Qc J8Y 1S3 www.massosphere.com 819-246-6236 ~ 1-866-246-6236 email@example.com 10
Lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org. Contact Jean Millar for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-829-1254 All are welcome. Follow the signs to the room. Suggested donation: $15 for non-members; $5 for members.
West Carleton Counselling Services Lisa Bottriell, M. Ed. Counsellor
www.wccs.ca email@example.com 613-882-1993 411 Donald B. Munro, Carp, Ontario
Sri Chinmoy Answers SELF-DISCOVERY through
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2017 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR MAT I O N/ T R A INING Maîtrise du Système Énergétique MD
S TA R T I N G A U G U S T 2 0 1 8
Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N. Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 email@example.com
Question: How can we use the breath to help us meditate? here is a traditional system in India of controlled breathing which is called pranayama. Prana means the life-breath and yama means control. When you meditate, the very first exercise you can practice is to repeat once, as you breathe in, the Name of God, the Christ or whomever you adore, or a mantra. This breath does not have to be long or deep. Hold your breath and repeat the same name four times. And when you breathe out, repeat two times the name or mantra that you have chosen. You inhale for one count, hold your breath for four counts and exhale for two counts, inwardly repeating the sacred name. If you simply count the numbers — one-four-two — you do not get any vibration or inner feeling. But when you say the Name of God, immediately God’s divine qualities enter into you, and when you hold your breath, these divine qualities rotate inside you, entering into all your impurities, obscurities, imperfections and limitations. When you breathe out, these same divine qualities carry away all your undivine and unprogressive qualities. As a beginner, start with a one-four-two count. When you become mature in your breathing, you will be able to do it to a count of four-sixteen-eight: breathing in for four counts, holding the breath for sixteen, and breathing out for eight. But this has to be done very gradually. During your meditation, always try to breathe in as slowly and quietly as possible, so that if you place a tiny thread right in front of your nose it will not even move. Then you will see that your meditation is going to be deep and your mind will be very calm and quiet. As well, you can try to feel that you are breathing in not just air but cosmic energy. This energy is purifying your body, vital, mind and heart. Then, when you breathe out, feel that you are breathing out all the rubbish inside you — all your undivine thoughts, obscure ideas and impure actions. Anything inside you that you do not want to claim as your own, feel that you are exhaling Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
Holy Fire Reiki with Reiki Wanderlust Germaine De Peralta
or those who think Reiki is as old as the Queen of England and have moved it to their back pocket in exchange for “snazzier, newer” healing modalities: Listen up. The breaking news is that the classic “meat and potatoes” Usui-Tibetan Reiki has undergone a massive spiritual and energetic transformation. Like a phoenix rising from its ashes, Usui Tibetan Reiki (upon which many other Reiki’s are based on), has resurrected into a more powerful and much higher frequency version – Holy Fire Reiki! Holy Fire Reiki has arrived from a higher level of consciousness in alignment with the higher frequencies of the times; a period calling us today to raise our vibrations and become our best selves in our daily lives. In an interview with President of the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT), William Lee Rand, he said, “If you liked Usui-Tibetan Reiki, I want you to know that I am the one who created it in 1989 and that since then, I was focused on allowing Reiki energy to become more effective and this evolved into the development of Holy Fire Reiki which took place in January 2014.” William Lee Rand, who trained me in Holy Fire Reiki, is the world’s most well-known Reiki guru alive, and is also president of the world’s largest Reiki organization, the ICRT (reiki.org). Mr. Rand elaborated that during a spiritual experience in January 2014, he was given a new form of Reiki and was guided to teach it. He was told to call it Holy Fire Reiki and began teaching and practicing it exclusively. It has spread like wildfire in the United States and is just beginning to come through in Canada. For more information see reiki.org.
Here is what Holy Fire Reiki can do for you on a spiritual, mental, emotional and physical level: • It works continuously even when not thinking about it, and spontaneously heals issues as they come up. • Heals deeply and quickly without distress. • Heals relationships and interactions with others. • Releases worry and replaces it with a sense of safety in a pronounced way. • Spontaneously provides guidance in every level of life experience. • Tends to develop all the personality traits that are healthy, such as love of self and others, kindness, patience, confidence, vitality, enthusiasm, trust, joy, peace and so forth. • One of the most wonderful effects is a feeling of being loved. This is a deep and refined feeling that is very nurturing. • Once received, it continues to develop itself to be more evolved and effective. • Respects free will. • Qualities present in Usui Holy Fire Reiki Levels I and II become more pronounced in the Usui Holy Fire II ART/Master and Holy Fire II Karuna classes. For Usui Reiki Masters and Karuna® Masters here’s what it can do for you on the practical level: • The challenging Usui-Tibetan attunement methods using the Violet Breath, contracting the Hui Yin, and activating the symbols yourself are no longer needed. To replace that, Experiences, Placements and Ignitions – which are “meditation-like” experiences enable students to receive Holy Fire Reiki. • Because this is a much simpler and effective method, it enables the Reiki Master to teach and give Holy Fire Reiki energies to larger groups of students and, thus, expand their practice. • Because there is no teacher-to-student physical contact anymore, any potential lower vibrations of a Reiki Master is not passed on to the student and allows the Source/Creator/God/Universal Life Force to grace the student’s spirit and soul directly, opening up the student to receive Holy Fire Reiki. • The Reiki Masters’ healing energies grow significantly after receiving Holy Fire II Reiki. Here is what some Holy Fire II Reiki Masters are saying: “I find I really like the Holy Fire energy. I am using it multiple times daily and I am feeling major, positive shifts in my life occurring in areas I have long had difficulty with. Holy Fire energy seems to fulfill the promise of Reiki to make life more positive, bountiful and fulfilling…My business is improving, and so are my relationships. I take my joys in life more seriously,” said Jessica Miller.
William Rand & Germaine De Peralta
Another Holy Fire Reiki Master shared how it has affected her clients. Tracey Houchins, shares, “I have used Holy Fire with all my clients since becoming attuned. Holy Fire is offering deep healing and my clients are telling me they are feeling REALLY GOOD, renewed, empowered, cleansed, refreshed, motivated, and grateful even more than usual.” Collen Benelli adds: “I have experienced great bliss and love from the Holy Fire energy. I found that instead of focusing on my issues and worries about it, I asked for its full power of love to fill me. It was such a big energy, I could hardly hold the power of it in the moment. That love seems to permeate the issues and they simply heal in love.” About myself, I’m a Usui Holy Fire II ART/Master and Holy Fire II Karuna® Reiki Master and trained with William Lee Rand (http://www.reikimembership. com/MembershipListing.aspx?state=ON). I am also a member of the Canadian Reiki Association. Previous to learning Holy Fire II Reiki with Rand, I became an Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master under Maria Trumbach and an Usui Holographic Reiki Master/ Teacher with Julie Desmarais, both Ottawa-based teachers. With all due respect to all the different Reiki’s, the Universal Life Force is calling us to look above and beyond. This is an optimal time that Usui-Tibetan Reiki and other Reiki practitioners seriously consider answering the call to learn more and/or upgrade their Reiki frequencies and improve techniques by learning Holy Fire Reiki. One will also reap its gifts and benefits! Students who have taken Reiki Levels 1 and 2 from any Reiki lineage, could take the Usui Holy Fire II ART/ Master/Teacher class. For those who are already Reiki Masters from any lineage, learning Holy Fire II Karuna Reiki Master/Teacher would be the best option. When you take the Holy Fire 2 Karuna® Reiki Master/Teacher class you will learn to teach all levels of Holy Fire Reiki from Level 1 to Master/Teacher to Karuna Master/ Teacher. Yes, in one fell swoop. I will be teaching all levels of Holy Fire and I have listed advanced dates to allow students to plan. All classes are three full days in a row.
Usui Holy Fire II ART/Reiki Master/Teacher (formerly Reiki Level 3 and Master): May 18-20 (9 am to 6:00 pm) July 27-29 (9 am-6 pm) September 7-9 (9 am to 6 pm) October 12-14 ( 9 am to 6 pm)
Holy Fire II Karuna® Reiki Master/Teacher (all levels of Karuna Reiki): May 25-27 (9 am-6 pm) July 6-8 (9 am-6 pm) August 3-5 (9 am-6 pm) August 24-26 (9 am-6 pm) September 21-23 (9 am-6 pm) October 26-28 (9 am-6 pm)
***Class is $925 (Tax included plus ICRT manuals and certificates). Payment plans are available. This is a great price considering these classes cost $1,600 in the US and is also lesser in cost than learning Level 3 and the Master Level separately. But this is also an option. All levels of Karuna Reiki are taught together now. ***Classes will be held at the RW Healing Centre at 55 Metropole Private, Ottawa, ON. K1Z 1E7 (Westboro Village). I will teach two to seven people in each class. ***Please contact me at least three weeks before the class to register: firstname.lastname@example.org I teach Usui Holy Fire II Reiki, Levels 1 and 2, on an ongoing basis and on-demand. Please check Facebook:@ReikiGermaine for dates Levels 1 and 2, or call 613-697-3105, or www.reikiwanderlust.com
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Muller Clinic Ottawa
Massage Yoga Therapy Rehabilitation
MASSAGE COUPON Limit One per customer Redeemable Tuesdays only $45.00 per treatment, 1.25 hours.
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Contact Sonja Müller, Deep Tissue Therapist and Massage Teacher
with 20 years clinical experience in private practice
No longer accepting insurance reimbursement clients Expiry August 30, 2018
Yoga Therapy Approach
2 Beechwood Ave, Unit 103, Ottawa, ON K1L 8L9 Phone: 613-746-8821
We use 100% Natural Organic Shea Butter for Massage Therapy and Hot Stone Massage and we use Natural Body Sugaring & Body Exfoliation products. Matnik Therapeutic Spa is a Health and Wellness Spa providing Best in Class Massage Therapy sessions, Body Sugaring and Waxing in Ottawa. We offer a wide variety of natural organic products and Holistic services to enhance the beauty of your skin AND Heal your Body & Soul! Enjoy a pure organic Himalayan Crystal Salt foot and hand soak with your beautifying Manicure and Pedicure treatment. (Bio Gel available) Other services include: facials for all skin types, micro-dermabrasion, Electrolysis, Energy healing, Aromatherapy, Acupressure and more.
MANI/PEDI FOR ONLY $49.99
hy do some go to yoga therapy? Some do. If you do, good. If not, good. I am all accepting. You may receive yoga therapy by being in the same room as me. It’s not exactly seen. You must be allowed to experience. If so, you will attain to higher consciousness. You may. It’s a personal experience between a yoga teacher and a yoga student. It’s very important to feel free to be a person who is allowed to express themselves in a safe environment. This is why yoga therapy works. It’s not about me, the therapist. It’s always about you. The seeker. If it is, you will be lighter than a rose petal sinking down in a bed of roses. You will be given a rose bath without water and a rose will appear shiny and new, calm, and faces will appear will suddenly seem lovelier to you and you will begin to know a secret. You are an ocean of bliss, thankfulness and light. You are a light which burns bright. I am the light teacher. You are the light bearer. Be this. And become that which you are. Sonja Muller R.N. Rehabilitation Therapist in Yoga Therapy and Massage
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, RRC, CRC he life that we live today reflects all the experiences that we have faced in the past. We can choose to learn from these experiences or to ignore the messages that are wrapped inside of them. It took me some time to comprehend this issue and when I did, it was life changing. You see, it’s all about the choices that we make when faced with any situation. Every event is neutral until we show up and start reacting to it based on our view of the world. Let’s suppose for one minute that you did not bring any drama to that situation and instead, chose to deal with it in an objective manor. This is hard for us to do because of all the social, religious and cultural influences that have shaped us into who we are today. One aspect of taking responsibility is deciding how you are going to act or react when faced with a situation that presents itself. If the objective is to create the desired life that you want, then choose to behave in a manor that will support that outcome. Have a look at how you behaved in the past when faced with similar situations. What kind of outcome did you get? Newton’s 3rd law helps us understand this concept perfectly: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Take responsibility for the past by acknowledging your strengths and your shortcomings. More importantly,
Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
take responsibility for the future by deciding to behave in a way the will support your vision. This is called Praxis and it will happen when your thoughts and your actions are in perfect alignment with your goals. Dare to Dream! Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawa-based Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Improve your life through the knowledge of energy • Standardized courses & mentoring • Individual sessions • Meditations LEARN BASIC PRANIC HEALING Location: 1226A Wellington West, 2nd Fl
Apr 21/22, 2018 | 10:00am-6:00pm Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Classes, Healing Sessions, Meditations (by appointment only)
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: email@example.com
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
1230 Wellington, Ottawa, ON 613-729-5973
Commissioned 12"x18" original paintings with printed reading on canvas
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
by Lightwolf spiritpainting.com
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
The Ego’s Defense of Feeling Unsafe by Amâeil Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
here are many different ego defenses that keep us from embracing our highest expression. One that is most common is “feeling unsafe”. Feeling unsafe manifests in varied ways. We mistrust others and avoid emotional intimacy. We can push people away to pre-empt being hurt again, and even isolate. We may prefer to control life with a rigid routine. We may be demanding, hypervigilant, or hypersensitive. We can feel confused, edgy or hold body tension. We can feel unsafe for countless reasons. Perhaps our childhood home felt unstable because Dad would explode in unexpected rages, or there was never enough money for our basic needs. Abrupt immersion into a new school was overwhelming. Becoming lost as a child, witnessing an accident, suddenly losing a parent, being frequently ill, or abused, and more, can all create feelings of insecurity and uncertainty, and remain so if the impact remains unhealed. Our collective and personal timelines hold plenty of trauma. As we spiritually evolve into higher dimensions of consciousness, our memories can return, or we can feel triggered without having a conscious context. Experiencing horrific scenes, being persecuted for knowing truth, feeling abandoned by God, alien abduction, or cataclysmic planetary explosions can be the cause.
Is your inner child feeling safe?
I specialize in helping you free yourself from stubborn, limiting patterns that disrupt your peace. 12-dimensional clearing healing the root cause
pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
Healing the origin of any trauma reclaims a sense of safety. Yet, there is one tool you can immediately access. While breathing deeply into the belly, become fully aware of what you are noticing with each of your five senses. This ‘now’ consciousness pulls you out of fearful, future thoughts or past pain, and reprograms the autonomic nervous system that took over when you were under threat. If you do this often, it can calm and help you feel safe again. Also engaging the senses this way as you recall safe, joyful or comforting memories can restore your resilience. For support to help you feel safe again, visit www. MelindaUrban.com 17 yrs. experience: intuitive energy education, counselling, healing & multi-dimensional ascension clearing intelligently purposed for Indigos/ Starseeds, young and older. Appointments in person or by skype/phone 613-253-2888. Melinda Urban 2018
Yoga Teachers, Qi-gong Instructors, Meditation Facilitators and Various Group Organizers Dreaming of organizing a retreat for a small group in an exquisitely serene setting? The Birla Vedic Center (birla.ca) may well be what you have been looking for! Join our “Open House” April 11 and 12, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Drop in and tour our grounds, visit our accommodations, and meet our consultants and massage therapists. Register today and take the first step in coordinating your dream retreat! Those dates not working for you? We can arrange an alternate time for your visit. Call Maxime at 1-866-428-3799.
Dentistry’s a Game - Part 1 Awareness, Alimentation, Airway, Autonomics, Alignment, Appearance By Dr. George Paul Greenacre 1) Our A-Game starts with AWARENESS! Few people understand how important your oral health is to your total health. Think of the top functions of our mouths from our first breath to our suckling on the breast to the very ability to sing, speak, swallow, spit, kiss, taste, and make faces at each other. Someone once said that whatever the mind does not know the eyes cannot see. We all need to see our mouths differently because the number one cause of death is inflammation and most inflammation in our lives is associated with our mouths. If we have one of many different gum diseases then we have inflammation. If we have tooth disease we can have different sources of inflammation. If we have a bad bite, then C fibers of the trigeminal nerves give off Substance P which is another major source of inflammation. A bad bite leads to snoring and this means we start to have less oxygen during our healing time. Finally, this can lead to sleep apnea and either a stroke or a heart attack Become aware of the great value of your oral health and the key is acidity or alkalinity. 2) ACIDITY /ALKALINITY AND TRACE MINERAL ALIMENTATION or how well we eat. This is the key to tooth nutrition and bone nutrition according to Sweden’s Dr. Alfred Aslander. The human face is shrinking because we do not eat enough trace minerals to make our palates grow as wide as our ancestors’ palates used to grow. WE EAT TOO MANY REFINEDCARBS, BAD SUGARS, BAD GRAINS AND BAD FATS. Palates are shrinking. We measure palatal widths every day in our practices. A great broad wide palate is rare today because we have stopped eating bone marrow and bone broth soups. TRACE MINERALS are being forgotten as part of our food heritage. Early humans used those stone axes to break open long bones and eat the super food called bone marrow. We lived near the oceans and lakes and ate lots of fish and fish bones which gave us minerals. All hunter-gatherers scavenged bones from other animal kills and appreciated the bone marrow as a trace mineral treat. Today faces do not grow because we have forgotten trace minerals in our food systems and we have the same soils supporting our fruits and vegetable crops that grew the foods for our world 100 years ago when we were only 1billion people on the planet. Now we are over 7 billion seeking the same sustenance from the same thin crust of soils. Our soils are overworked and micronutrient-depleted. So, to get the same nutrition our grandparents had, we
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location need to eat 4 to 6 of today’s oranges to equal one orange our grandparents ate. Teeth are the most mineral dense structures in our bodies and we can have perfect cavityfree teeth if we supplement our diets with more trace minerals from mammal bone meal or fish bone meal sources. The Vikings did what they did because they ate the small Baltic herring baked as a dietary staple which gave them excellent trace mineral nutrition. Vikings and most hunter-gather groups never had osteoporosis problems and they grew great faces, generation after generation. Then we moved to the farm and started using more and more grains as staples in our diets. There is a lot to be said for farmers, but that is when we reduced our bone marrow intake and then our faces and airways began to shrink. Simple primitive diets are to be honoured. When I see parents raised on simple primitive third world diets I see beautiful wide arches. Then when I see their children raised on North American food, I see more decay and more narrow palates. Sixty per cent of kids today need orthodontics and over eighty percent of kids have tooth decay because we do not have enough trace minerals in our face-growing and tooth-growing years. Make trace minerals available to your children and you can reverse tooth decay, shrinking faces, snoring, osteoporosis and shrinking airways. We can grow better kids with better nutrition. Better food choices also mean fewer metabolic diseases for the next generation. Let us build better kids! How? Here is a simple idea for busy parents. Just throw a little osteobroth powder from Herb and Spice or Rainbow Foods or Whole Foods into your kids’blender drinks. Part 2 next issue of Tone... I hope you have enjoyed reading about Dentistry’s A game. Our office enjoys meeting new patients 613 234 5758. email@example.com Dr Paul Greenacre graduated from McGill University. He has served as a dental editor for 9 years of his career. Seven percent of dentists have earned one fellowship. Dr Greenacre has earned four dental fellowships and is working on two more. His office theme is “Smart dentistry for smart families
and throughout the British Empire -- in Ottawa, there is even a record of skaters dancing round a pole on the frozen canal! Today many of the old tall poles in et’s celebrate Beltane/May Day, the old Celtic first Britain have been adapted with ribbons at a lower day of summer, hosted by Around the Goddess: level. In some villages both kinds of poles coexist; the Saturday May 5th] at Champlain Park (140 Carleton impulse to dance and sing and celebrate the summer is Avenue) from 10:30-1:30 pm. There will be Maypole everywhere! dancing, a simple ritual to honour our Mother Earth, In Helston, Cornwall, their annual Furry Dance takes garland making and a pot-luck finger food lunch. place on May 8th, when they dance through the town When we circle the Maypole, which many believe is literally bringing summer in front doors and chasing symbolic of the World Pillar, Axis Mundi or Tree of Life, winter out the back, singing their “Hal-an-Tow,” which it is a sacred time to honour the earth and all the gifts we can joyfully echo: To welcome in the summer, the of green growth about to burst into life around us. And summer and the May-O, For summer is a coming’ in and when we weave the Maypole ribbons over and under, winter’s gone away, -O! we are, according to some old folklore and Goddess traditions, connecting heaven to earth. All of us can Beltane Maypole Celebration observe yet another way of realizing our interconnected Saturday May 5, 2018 web of life! 10:30 - 1:30 Many European traditions are associated with May time and the Maypole in particular. The huge older Location: Champlain Park (140 Carleton Avenue) poles seen in Germany and in many corners of England, Maypole dancing, a simple ritual to honour our Mother or honored in Scandinavia around Midsummer, are Earth, garland making and a pot-luck finger food lunch. much too tall to have ribbons attached at the crown for For more information, check the event page on dancers to hold. Back in the late 19th Century the Italian Facebook or witchschool.ca style of short pole ribbon dances was taught through the expanding school system of the British Isles, as a way women teachers could engage their students in Caroline Balderston Parry, author, artist, educator, celebrator www.carolinebalderstonparry.com “physical education.” Ribbon dancing spread there
Salute the Earth, Dance the Maypole
International Healer from Thailand
ornelis Reiman is a healer at a remote temple in Thailand and has an international following. He wrote about his experience in a series of books that are on Amazon. He takes readers from when he knew nothing to when he did everything to cleanse people at physical, mental, spiritual and karmic levels. How did a respected corporate advisor, all of a sudden, become a spiritual healer? How did he end up experiencing otherworldly things that, not long before, would have been dismissed by him as impossible? These intriguing questions are addressed in ‘How I Became a Temple Healer’, the first book in his Healer series. Cornelis Reiman speaks of what he did as a temple healer, doing so in a direct way that delivers his accounts along with occasional comment as to possible amazement, surprise or disbelief. This approach proves to be very effective in that readers are left to draw their own opinions. More so, that straightforward method of presentation adds to the overall effect because it gives further colour and texture to a remarkable story. Increasingly, the unfolding of this fanciful tale becomes very real, and the reader is taken into a way of living that seems impossible for anyone to fabricate,
let alone experience. Yet, it is put in full view by what Cornelis Reiman provides. Specifically, he shows no constraint in painting broad and fine brush strokes of an extraordinarily vivid picture that very few of us ever see, or could even imagine. Consider the prospect of psychic surgery, seeing inside the organs and bodies of people, speaking with angels and have these heavenly beings help. Then there is speaking with animals, in addition to telepathic conversation with people, not to forget clairaudience and clairvoyance. Of course, healing people at the physical, psychological, spiritual, and karmic levels cannot be forgotten. Certainly, the Healer books are for people with open and enquiring minds, especially for anyone who has an inclination for spiritual topics. As such, with its eyeopening frankness, Cornelis Reiman touches the hearts and souls of many people. Therefore, this is not an experience to be missed. “I went with my wife to a Buddhist temple in rural Thailand. There, spirits and serious illnesses were removed from sick people by healers. Ridiculous? That’s what I thought at the time. Then, I became a temple healer, too.”
What Is Hypnosis? Part 1 of 2
By Luke Michael Howard PhD here are a lot of definitions of hypnosis out there. I always say to my clients that I used to spend the first 45 minutes at the very first session with a new client explaining what hypnosis was and explaining what hypnosis wasn’t. I noticed their eyes started to glaze over like a glazed donut, and I don’t know if that’s because they were hypnotized or if that was because they were just bored. I still got results, but I wasn’t quite sure. So now I like to just explain what hypnosis is to my clients in one sentence and then I go into practical applications. Basically, we just simply go into hypnotic phenomenon from there which is something that I learned from Jason Linette. Hypnosis in one sentence - automatic response, in spite of conscious awareness. So,what does that mean? It means that something is happening automatically to you, to the person being hypnotized. Now they’re aware that something is happening, i.e. if I’m doing magnetic fingers. If you’ve ever seen me do that, or another hypnotist, where somebody will have their hands out
in front of them, they’ll separate their fingers about a centimeter or an inch apart. Then the hypnotist will give the client participating in hypnosis a suggestion that their fingers will come together like two powerful magnets, and the fingers come together. The person who’s been hypnotized is aware of what’s going on because their eyes are opening, they are looking at the gap between their fingers. Yet something seemingly is happening automatically. They’re not in a weird out-of-body experience or state. They’re aware of something going on. Yet something is seemingly happening involuntarily to their body, to their mind. So that’s the best and most unpretentious description I ever found of hypnosis that in my model of the world makes sense. With most people, it’s just a sense of involuntariness that yes, I’m aware that my arm is raising all by itself. Yes, I’m aware that this guy is talking to me, yet my problem that was just an eight is now a one. Yes, I am aware that this hypnotist said feel this and suddenly now I’m falling backwards or to the side. Yes, I’m aware that something’s going on, yet I’m seemingly not in control. Now control is a whole other podcast topic probably we will have to cover at some point in the
“I Can Make YouStop Stop Smoking in One Hour”Hour” “I Can Make You Smoking in One If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
future and the illusion of control. And if you go back to the old days and old definitions of hypnosis, one that was around for many, many years, and still is now, was, I believe, credited to Dave Ellman who said that hypnosis is the bypassing of the critical factor. This means that you’ve got this logical part of your mind in this metaphor that’s responsible for facts, for figures, and for logic. But I tell my clients if you could logic your way out of this problem, you wouldn’t have called me, would you? So, all of our emotions, all of our problems, all of us involuntariness, all the control of our body, the endocrine system and blood flow, etc., is located in the unconscious mind. Some people think or like to call that the subconscious mind, I use unconscious. It’s all the same thing in my model of hypnosis and in my model of the world with people. Basically, we’re bypassing that critical fact that on one hand you’re trying to take this all in because you’re thinking, “Well, if I remember everything that the hypnotist is saying to make logical sense inside my head so I can fit it in the box, I can fit it in a box inside my head that’s marked hypnosis”. Everything that we come in contact with in this world, every concept that is outside of us, we’ve got a concept of what is inside of us. So often times when people have a problem grasping the concept of hypnosis or in any form of communication, they listen but they’re not listening to listen, not actually listening to hear. They’re actually listening to one or two things. They listen to either, “Oh, what that person says makes complete logical sense with my model of the world. I believe them,” or to accept something, or they listen to reject an idea. “Oh, that? What that person’s saying doesn’t make logical sense to me. So I am just going to reject it because it’s different from what I already believe.” I tell my clients to listen to me like you listen to good music. I stole that one from Jurgen Rasmussen. Now when you listen to your favorite good music, you’re not listening to make that music right or wrong. You’re not there to analyze the music saying that chord was wrong, pitch too high or note a bit short. No, you listen to it and you just let it flow on you like a wave. Let it bathe you. And that’s how I ask my clients to listen to me when they first come in through the door, to listen to me when it comes to hypnosis. Don’t listen to it to put it in a box or not put it in a box, just listen to it and absorb it like it’s a rhythm. And that helps many clients interact with this thing called hypnosis. Also, how would I define hypnosis? Well, it’s a sense of hypnosis - a sense of being rather than doing. Now when you’re aware that you’re just doing something, often times that brings in your conscious mind. You’re very aware that you’re doing it and you must be doing it a bit consciously.
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
April 7-8 May 5-6 June 2-3
Windsor Sudbury Toronto
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org, 905 655-6756 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
Stay tuned for part 2 of this article coming soon!
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact email@example.com SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA GURDJIEFF STUDY GROUP www.gurdjieffottawa.ca For those wishing to connect with the teaching and practice of G.I. Gurdjieff and the possibilities for man’s inner development, we invite you to join us on Friday evenings. Phone 613-746-6547 or email@example.com
• People NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-413-1216
• Alexander Technique
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/patriciavlacroix SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Animal Communication JULIE OLIVEIRA, certified AC. Identify emotional and behavioural issues, and messages. Visit: www.petstereo.com Email: email@example.com
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and over 30 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org 613 304 4255 EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY • Aura Healing
successful – Karen Osborne - email@example.com www.ascensionhealing.ca.
RELEASING PAIN AT THE SOURCE. Home visit. Beau, 613-422-5606
• Ayurveda • Books SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613-415-1139 marieamram. firstname.lastname@example.org
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
Circa 1894 - 3 guest rooms, renovated church. Use of Spa facilities (extra fee) - 3 Tubs; Finnish, NIR, FAR Infra-red saunas; Reiki. 613-259-9988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist firstname.lastname@example.org or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, email@example.com or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH - The Grail Message, by Abd-ru-shin, is a three-volume spiritual work that teaches us about the cosmic laws that not only govern nature but all of Creation. It also gives clear explanations about our place and responsibility as we journey through life. This work addresses the individual human being regardless of race, creed or nationality; it reveals the true meaning of life and opens the door to true happiness and lasting inner peace. Orders : 1-877-7623077- firstname.lastname@example.org- grail-message.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Bette@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-722-4249. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636.
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minute Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181
ICU-INSPIRING CHILDREN UNIVERSALLY – Learning to read blindfolded consciously connects children connect to their Spirit to become happier, confident & academically
DIRECTORY CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org By appointment only
• Colour BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO A ROOM, shift the energies of your space, add a chakra colour as an accent wall, decorative designs or family trees can also add character and uniqueness to your home. Let Colour Guru bring new life, colour and uniqueness to your living space for 2018 and beyond. Colour Consulting available. Room clearing and smudging also available. Find us on Facebook Colour Guru! Happy New Year!! 613-797-1096
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com
REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe, supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org CECILIA TAIANA Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
PAMELA HOLM, Registered Psychotherapist, Cert. Music Therapist. Expressive and receptive methods of healing. Spiritually oriented. Children through seniors. Range of issues and conditions. www.DeepSoulSinging.com and Deep Soul Energetics. 613-829-1556. email@example.com
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Crystals CRYSTAL SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS | 2-Yr Training in Crystal-Shamanic Healing: evolved training in the ancient arts | Karen Osborne | email@example.com | 613470-1888 | www.ascensionhealing.ca
DIRECTORY • Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace,
happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com
Most insurance up to 80% & Veterans 100% SoftSoles.ca 613-621-0012 footcare@softsoles. ca
• Gardening/Landscaping SPARKY TRINE SHAMANIC SUPPORT: Planning, planting, problem-solving, messages and negotiations. https://sparkytrine.wixsite.com/adventures firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease
VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified
DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987
HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Care NURSING FOOT CARE - IN HOME OR IN CLINIC. Sterilized individually packaged tools, best practices in clinical assessment, infection control, privacy and technologies. Pampered Mani/Pedi, advanced & diabetic
• Hair Analysis
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healer INTUITIVE HEALING SPECIALIST NOW IN OTTAWA Physical, Mental, Psychological, Emotional, Past lives, Body, Mind, Spirit, Soul cleanse, Fears, Pain management. firstname.lastname@example.org 613 821 4809
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism THE BEST OF NATURE’S CERTIFIED HERBALIST, Miranda V Martel. Herbal Services: Herbal Spa treatments, Consultations for Balancing Health, Workshops, Walks and Remedies www. thebestofnature.ca Call: 705-561-5365 E-mail: email@example.com
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
DIRECTORY • Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com MARIETTE is a certified, clinical master hypnotist with NGH trained by Sheila Granger. www.yourinnerself.ca
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com
JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. firstname.lastname@example.org (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: email@example.com
DIRECTORY • Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology.
Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127.
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047
or email@example.com or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Lotus Born Wellness Centre: 1226A Wellington W. WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, email@example.com
• Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
DIRECTORY • Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME ADVANCED PRANIC HEALING INSTRUCTOR & PRACTITIONER offering in-person and distant-healing sessions. She has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco & more. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional, and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye teaches Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation Wednesdays at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, faye@pranichealingontario. ca, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for
Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 10:00 - 11:30am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at email@example.com or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca
CATHERINE BASTEDO, MA, RT-CRA, ICRT, USUI-HOLOGRAPHIC & HOLY FIRE II KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, JIKIDEN Practitioner. Bilingual. Personalized classes; Reiki Master/Teacher Program; individual sessions; online Healing Your Chakras classes; Muskoka retreats. www.visionreiki.com. 819-918-3436. firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
DIRECTORY REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Master - Circa 1894 Day Spa, Lanark. Use of tubs/saunas included. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com HOLY FIRE REIKI treatments and courses with Martha St. Pierre. 613-422-7286; ladymjs50@ hotmail.com; holyfirereikiottawa.ca REIKI IS LIFE FORCE OF ENERGY. It helps for relaxation and stress. The best way to experience is having a full treatment. Call Laura at 613-608-9750. KARUNA HOLY FIRE 2 REIKI and USUI HOLY FIRE 2 REIKI IN WESTBORO - Germaine De Peralta (CRA, ICRT) - Workshops and Training. Also offer Depth Energy Healing sessions (Combination of Reiki, Relational Clearing and Crystal Healing). Tel: 613-697-3105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXPERIENCE REIKI ENERGY with Soul in Fusion. If physical ailments are keeping you from enjoying life or perhaps you just feel off, then Reiki energy may help you. It is in an opened communication with the Soul that Jocelyne channels to bring profound positive energy. With ongoing spiritual training including medical intuition, she’s able to direct positive energy at the root causes of distress. Sessions now offered at the Boutique Arc-Ange-Ciel in Orleans--call 613-424-9094. www.soulinfusion.ca.
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. email@example.com or 613-355-1832 RUPERT- Occult self help sliding scaletarot i ching and various oracles past lives,divining and shaping the future astrology, GBLTT counselling, homeopathic aphrodisiacs -frigidity and impotence schizophrenia. email firstname.lastname@example.org
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with email@example.com
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org CHARMING RURAL RETREAT COTTAGE NEAR WAKEFIELD. Couples/individuals. Clean, equipped. Year round. Minimum one month. For details text 819-328-3705.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Shamanism CRYSTAL-SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Training in Crystal Shamanic-Healing: evolved training in the ancient Arts | Karen Osborne 613-470-1888 | email@example.com www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
SELF-RENEWAL & SOUL-CARE through belief-triage subtle energy healing system by Diane Oliver, Urban-Elder 613261-1602 email@example.com. www.Dignity101.com SPARKY TRINE SHAMANIC SUPPORT: questions, soul retrievals, power animals, extractions, project support, ceremony. https://sparkytrine.wixsite.com/adventures firstname.lastname@example.org
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Social Media Management NEED HELP MANAGING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA? Get customized graphics and posts for your social accounts. Grow your online presence and appear more professional online! Contact us of find out more, www.etruemedia. com, email@example.com, 613-794-3264
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks, chimes and other sound healing instruments to create a relaxing experience. Individual sessions and group meditations. Julie 613-254-8469.
DIRECTORY • SPA
Hot Tubs; Cold Tub; NIR, FAR, Finnish Saunas; Oxygen Therapy; iHeart monitoring (measures internal age). Hourly/Daily. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Thai Massage BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Video Promo GET A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO PROMO so you can speak face-to-face with more people at once and continue to help others on their journey while growing your business. Contact us today to learn more! www.etruemedia.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-794-3264
• Visceral Manipulation
Learn to “UNFOLD THE MYSTERY” with Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones. To receive training in her inspiring Spiritpainting method, register at www.spiritpainting.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, email@example.com, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
JUDY JIBB, Tarot and Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org 613 304 4255
• Tapping Modalities LISA KOPIL, Meridian Tapping, Stress Management, Life Coach. Tap into your Life by changing your mind. Private sessions, workshops, drop in sessions. Tapforlife.com (613) 899-4994
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Web Design CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778
and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
• Personals SEEKING “NEW AGE” FRIENDSHIP Mature woman with physical limitations seek others for get-togethers, chats, walks, shopping, crafts, and so on. Mya 613-721-1551
REV. PATRICIA ROSE. Call/Text: 613-2978960. Or visit: www.allseasonsweddings.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information
Chirping birds, budding leaves A new season comes to be, Spring! Such jolly ceremony My mind alive with nature’s sounds, My body fresh from winter’s sleep, They long to join this natural glee, And dance with butterflies among the trees.
Authentic Ancient Indigenous Sacred Circle Teachings Learn to build a Medicine Wheel for healing, self-development and ancient wisdom teachings. Starting April, 2018, we will meet twice a month for one year to cover the entire 36 stones. Each one has profound meaning and spirit messages to help us navigate life in a sacred, functional and balanced manner. Be inspired, enlightened and illuminated. Discover your Totems, Roles, Clan and more. Metis Elder MaryRose Lessoway has been sharing the teachings taught to her by her Teachers, the Dreaming and Spirit, for over 25 years. Website: www.sacredcircleways.ca Phone: 613-371-8226. Email: email@example.com
Urban Organic Gardening Seminar April 14th Learn about organic vegetable, herb, and edible flower gardening with experienced and qualified instructors on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7 to 9 pm, April 18 to May 9, 2017. Check out the topics at www.cog.ca/ottawa/ urban-organic-gardening-seminars/ Open the door to starting a small garden in boxes, containers or raised beds! Learn organic ways of loving Mother Nature, respecting the soil, dealing with problems The Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St W, Ottawa Register: www.cog.ca/Ottawa/
5th Annual Toronto Spring Psychic Fair & Expo April 6, 7, 8, 2018 Queen Elizabeth Building, Exhibition Place 180 Princesâ€™ Boulevard www.psychicfairsandexpos.com/ex04.html
re you ready for spring? If you live in Ottawa, the answer is undoubtably yes! Need some help with spring cleaning? You don’t have to use products with bleach, ammonia and other toxic chemicals to maintain a clean living space. Ingredients found in your kitchen can help do the trick, boosted by the power of, yes, essential oils! This month I decided to share recipes that are easy to make and effective in the home. Enjoy! You can use the following recipe almost anywhere-kitchen bathroom, floors.... Soap-based Cleanser 2 TB liquid soap 15 drops essential oil (citrus oils are great for antibacterial action, paired with tea tree, manuka, thyme, lemon tea tree or oregano) 2 cups distilled water Put soap and oils in container, shake well, then top up with water. The soap will emulsify the essential oils, blending them into the entire mixture better. You can add baking soda to give a slightly abrasive quality to your cleanser for enamel surfaces and so on.
Homemade Poopourri In reading some articles about this product, I discovered that what makes it so useful is that it is added to the toilet bowl beforehand (if you know what I mean). All you need is:
water rubbing alcohol dish soap essential oils spray bottle In your spray bottle, blend 2 teaspoons rubbing alcohol with 2 tablespoons dish soap. Add 40-50 drops essential oil and top up with distilled water. Use....as required Bath fizzers are not just for the tub anymore! Their bubbling action can also help clean toilet bowls. You’ll need baking soda, citric acid, a wetting agent and essential oils for this recipe. Blend 1 cup baking soda with half a cup citric acid (citric acid can make any cuts on your hands sting, so wear gloves if necessary. You may also need a mask if your lungs are sensitive, the citric acid can trigger a reaction). For a wetting agent you can use almost anything. I prefer witch hazel or apple cider vinegar. The latter has the advantage of being antibacterial! Essential oils will really make this recipe shine. Use any I described above, or your choice. Blend all ingredients until you get a mixture that clumps together. Too little moisture and they will fall apart (but are still usable), too much moisture and they will continue to react. ©2018 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St near Somerset. She gives workshops on creating natural bodycare and has been creating natural bodycare for over eighteen years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic. www.planetbotanix.com
The Healing Trees
fter 38 years of research and experience with the edible and herbal qualities of the Native Trees of the Upper Ottawa Valley, Robbie Anderman, of Killaloe has gifted us with The Healing Trees book. Full of useful information about nearly all parts of over 30 local Trees, the emphasis is on helping one develop a healthy relationship in one’s mind and heart with the consciousness of The Tall Standing Rooted Ones. Topics like “Trees and Vitamin C” are presented starting in 1535 with Cartier’s crew being cured of scurvy with the help of an Evergreen Tree given to them by Indigenous people near Montreal. During WW2, the Canadian government found that local Evergreens far exceed all citrus fruits in available content of this vital nutrient, especially in winter. The chapter, “Forest First Aid” “is for those who cannot easily get to a doctor or pharmacy while living in, or venturing into the forest. When a malady or injury occurs, our neighbours, the Trees, can often help us, if we ask; and if we know whom to ask and for what. Other chapters address Herbalism and Herbal Methods, Harvesting and Storing Tree Parts, and Edibles from Trees by the Season. In a region where the commonly used herbs are not available for gathering for nearly half the year, it makes sense to see beyond the firewood, lumber, paper pulp, People have always been relating intimately with etc to the other qualities of Trees our ancestors knew Nature and Trees for healing minds and bodies. The and utilized in their daily lives. Providentially, the bark, Healing Trees book offers a new introduction for those twigs, buds, resins and Evergreen needles of Trees are who have forgotten their vital connection. available all winter in the Northeastern Woodlands. The Author is available for presentations Intuitive Readings: As a compassionate, intuitive energy healer, my mission is to give people the gift of clarity and new beginnings. Using my clairvoyance, clairsentience, and claircognizance gifts, having graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, and with a career as a Certified Personal Trainer, I understands the importance of training the mind, body, and soul. By connecting to my Higher Self, channeling your Higher Self, Loved Ones, and Spirit Guides, I provide healing & guidance in areas of self, relationship, career, finances, and your life path. Weight Management: As your Personal Training Specialist, my main focus is getting you to a place where you’re comfortable and confident with yourself. I will work one on one with you to ensure we have the right fitness program and lifestyle habits necessary to reach your goals. As a Certified Personal Trainer, an Intuitive Psychic Medium, and having graduated with a Bachelor’s in Psychology, I truly understand the important of training the mind, body, and soul. I will not only be your coach, but your support system. I will not only get you to your goals, but teach you the necessary steps on how to stay there for the rest of your life.
Non-Resistance is Fertile (By Rev. Roxanne Buckle, Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa)
opposite to be true. When we can see things without resistance and without he confusion of our inner struggle, we are free to allow the infinite possibilities of our divine nature to flow through us in any situation. Spiritual author Eckhart Tolle echoes this, when he says “Nonresistance is the key to the greatest power in the universe. Through it, consciousness (spirit) is freed from its imprisonment in form.”
on-resistance is allowing, accepting, and trusting that what is happening in the bigger picture, even if in this moment I cannot see it, is somehow perfect. It is one of the most mis-understood spiritual concepts, and is fertile ground for spiritual growth. It’s opposite, resistance is any time we want Join us the week-end of April 28/29 to explore these something to be different than what is presenting in concepts, when acclaimed spiritual teacher Martha reality. For example, any time we experience stress Creek will guide us in transforming our relationship wishing it wasn’t raining—that’s resistance. Thinking with reality. someone should get a job—that’s resistance. Believing that I shouldn’t be sick —-that’s resistance. These kinds Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa Sunday celebration 10:30 a.m. of thoughts, often accompanied by the word “should”, The Good Companions Centre. email: officeunityottawa@ are ways of wanting reality to be different than it is. We yahoo.ca. or website: unityottawa.org create a lot of suffering for ourselves when we argue with what is. I know this from personal experience, from when I have attempted to control a situation or another person. Byron Katie, the author of Loving What Is reminds us, “it hurts when I argue with reality. We can know that reality is good just as it is, because when we argue with it, we experience tension and frustration. We don’t feel natural or balanced. When we stop opposing reality, action becomes simple, fluid, kind, and fearless.” Which of these thoughts do you find more trained by Byron Katie - see ) empowering? I wish it wasn’t raining right now “Martha Creek is an enlightened being and passionate speaker because I want to go for who engages and facilitates an honest realization of who we truly a walk OR It is raining; what intelligent solutions are. Profoundly real and liberating, Martha walks her talk and can I find right now to challenges each of us to do the same.” ~ Rev. Greg Coles, M.Div. enable me to walk. Can you feel the freedom and Sat April 29 11a.m.- 5p.m. Spiritual investment: $80 expansion when we don’t argue with what is; versus the constriction and stress when we are in resistance? (670 Albert St. Lots of Parking; Bus stop at door) A big misconception that I used to hold about non-resistance, was the For more information go to unityottawa.org fear that I would become or email us firstname.lastname@example.org passive and may even lose the desire to act if I stopped my argument with what Martha Creek is Sunday speaker on April 29 is. I have found the exact
Transform your Relationship with Reality Peace or Pain? You Decide. Workshop experience of integrating “The Work” With acclaimed spiritual teacher Martha Creek ( marthacreek.com
Location: The Good Companions Centre
~Celebration of Spirit, Sundays at 10:30 a.m.~
Soul Mind Body Medicine™
What is the real secret to healing? In one sentence: Heal the soul first; then healing of the mind and body will follow.™ ver the past few decades, various forms of mindbody medicine have become more and more popular, to the point of being widely accepted. These modalities emphasize the mind-body connection, which encompasses the effects of our psychological and emotional states on our physical well-being and the power of conscious intent, relaxation, meditation, belief, and mind over matter to affect our health. Mind-body medicine is a step forward, but it is not enough. It neglects the most important factor, the soul. The soul has consciousness, intelligence, and creativity. The soul has great power to heal and bless. This is soul over matter. Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha, a New York Times bestselling author and a pioneer in modern day spirituality, is a medical doctor in China and a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine in China and Canada. From a very early age, he studied many Eastern arts and is a Grandmaster of tai chi, qi gong, feng shui, and the I Ching. Master Sha is the founder of Soul Mind Body Medicine, a complete soul healing
system that combines the essence of Western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine with ancient Chinese healing secrets and powerful new techniques for energy and spiritual healing. These healing techniques work on the soul and the consciousness of the body’s systems, organs, and cells. These techniques directly and instantaneously influence matter inside the cells and energy outside the cells. They work on the emotional body to heal emotional imbalances like depression, anxiety, fear, anger, and grief. They work on the mental body to heal mental imbalances. And, they work on the spiritual body, giving you techniques for self-clearing negative karma. Soul Mind Body Medicine teaches how to apply ancient wisdom and practical techniques including chanting, meditation, forgiveness, movement practices, Tao Calligraphy tracing, and more. This simple yet powerful system of focusing on the soul can be used anytime, anywhere to align the soul, heart, mind, and body to live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life. Lynda Chaplin is a Certified Master Teacher of Master Sha’s Tao Academy™. Join us on April 13-15 to experience the wisdom, knowledge and practical techniques of Soul Mind Body Medicine—see ad for details. Contact Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda. Chaplin@DrSha.com for more information.
INTERVIEW WITH DIANA MARTINEZ Psychotherapist, Constellation Facilitator
B.A. in International Relations, an M.A. in Humanities, and a Ph.D. in Philosophy and Ethics.
by Lynne Cardinal
iana Martinez Morales, Ph.D. is coming back to Ottawa for the third time, offering a Transformational Family Constellations workshop. I used this opportunity to ask her a few questions. Lynne: Diana, can you tell us about your upcoming workshop: The Power of Transformation and Healing through Family Constellations? How does it work? Diana: Through the workshop, my work supports and brings greater awareness; it broadens the perspective of your life. It’s not only about you and your symptoms, as everything that happens to us has an intrinsic connection with our family and our origins. We are interrelated and influenced in our lives by our own family and by our trans-generational systems. So, we need to see the deeper connections and entanglements that we hold in us. The Constellations heighten our consciousness into new ways of evolving in our paths. The awareness that arises helps us evolve and shift into a broader, freer perspective. We also learn to connect with our physical, emotional, and mental bodies. We need to integrate those three levels with more consciousness so that we can broaden our possibilities. Lynne: Can you explain what happens when we connect with our physical, emotional, and mental bodies? Diana: A creative part in us, called the soul level, opens. From there we feel much more connected with our family and to the Divine. Lynne: Would you say that by connecting with this deeper part of us, we can see and come to understand that we have a bond with our family and ancestors and that this bond drives and influences us? Is that what we call destiny? Diana: It’s only destiny when there is unhealed trauma. What is there but is not seen influences us. We identify with our tendencies and our family patterns knowingly or not because we need to belong. Yet if you see your place in the family system, if you own your history, where you come from with a grounded foundation or base, it allows you to stand more and more in your potential because you already belong. Lynne: So, the influence of our parents and ancestors is already alive in us. Would you say that if, for example, someone’s father goes to war and becomes traumatized, this could propel his child to also go to war, or to be drawn to aggression or violence?
Join us for an experiential weekend workshop on
The Power of Transformation and Healing through Family Constellations Saturday, June 2nd & Sunday June 3rd 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM at Saint Paul University 223 Main Street, Ottawa, Ontario
Family Constellations are one of the most effective and profound modalities that help us to heal emotionally, and at times physically, and enhance our relationships with ourselves, our families, friends, and the world. For more information visit: www.kaivalya.ca/en/workshops-a-talks or email: FamilyConstellationsDiana@gmail.com Tickets available at Eventbrite.ca under Family Constellations with Diana Martinez
Diana: Of course, it propels us because it is unresolved energy; it is frozen, a trauma, and nobody has embodied it. A trauma is an experience that was too much for one’s system to host or digest. A war is overwhelming and impossible to digest. A person has to numb themselves and this energy is frozen, but it is still there. Life wants to evolve and continue. The next generation will try unconsciously to resolve what hasn’t been resolved by our parents and grand-parents. If we have the humility to honour all that they went through, this happens when we look at it, host it in our hearts.
Enriching Me and My Reiki Community Conference Finding and Building Your Inner Peace
n May 6th 2018, we invite You to be a part of a gathering of likeminded beings and collaborate to enrich our community! From discovering and harnessing your own “I AM Presence/Soul” with Jennifer Clark, to the musical talents of Andrea Gerhardt-Chants by Hildegard of Bingen and Andrew Fisher-Drumming up Heart Unity, to learning to build peace on your everyday journey as a Spiritual Pilgrim with Mony Dojeiji and Alberto Agraso, to anchoring in the 5th dimensional energies in to the 3D with Jacynthe Villemaire – there is something for everyone! Give yourself the gift of Peace with our lineup of incredible talent also including Claire Scanlan-Chakradance; Kathy Glover Scott-Ask the Reiki Master; Sarah Wibberley-Connecting to the Scared: Above, Below and With; Denise Carpenter and Tristan Brine-Group Reiki Treatment. Join us for a day of Peaceful inspirations and teachings. Connect to your Inner Peace and discover how to grow and remain there…… May 6th 2018 at Codes Mill Inn, 16 Wilson Street East in Perth Ontario for our 4th Annual Reiki Conference. We look forward to connecting with soul family and expanding in to our potentials! With Reiki Blessings, Denise Carpenter and Brenda Pichette For complete details, view the agenda, speaker profiles and vendors visit www.reikiassociates.com or on www.facebook.com/Enrichingmeandmyreikicommunity/ REGISTER ONLINE TODAY:
Lynne: If I can be humble and honour this trauma, are you saying that it would heal me? Diana: Yes, and that’s the way in which you include all of this in your heart. In a system or a family, when there’s someone willing to host or see, there’s a potential for healing. You can include it in your three bodies. You allow your higher consciousness, the part of you that is always witnessing, to embrace this. Also, with humility you know you still keep your place as a daughter or son. Don’t lose your place. If it’s really witnessed, it is what is needed. But often it needs outer support. In constellation work, you are a group of people willing to open your hearts to host the systems of your families. This is a collective methodology of healing. It is specific but also universal. Everyone has parents, and everyone has suffered themselves.
To be continued in next issue... Join us for an experiential weekend workshop on The Power of Transformation and Healing through Family Constellations. Saturday June 2nd & Sunday June 3rd 2018 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM Saint Paul University 223 Main Street, Ottawa For more information call Lynne Cardinal at 613.836.2355 or visit: www.kaivalya.ca
Indian Head Massage Relaxation ~ Rejuvenate ~ Refresh
he art of Indian Head Massage (IHM) originated from the ancient Indian system of medicine called Ayurveda; the balance of body, mind, and spirt and promotion of long life. An IHM session focuses on the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp, face and ears. Marma points are an integral part of Ayurveda and are subtle pressure points similar to points used in acupressure and Reflexology, which stimulants the life force or pranic flow. Most of the session is done seated in the chair, with finishing, laying on your back on the massage table; paying attention to the face, ears and balancing the upper chakras. Imagine a time for you, without an agenda? Life has become so busy that we forget to carve out time for ourselves: “Me time”! Imagine your world when you are in a state that is even more grounded, present and peaceful? For what I have discovered, allowing to ‘let go’ and relaxing into this state, of more grounded, present and peaceful, is like a river flowing; it flows out from you, to your world, and to your loved ones. From such a peaceful place, this is where magic happens for you! IHM is a simple and effective session. A session with IHM is simple and effective. It is best to wear loose clothing and no heavy sweaters. The possible benefits from an IHM session To name some possible benefits, it relaxes tight and painful muscles, eases stiffness, and breaks down knots in muscles. It can give your hair a healthy lustrous shine; encourages deeper breathing and deep relaxation; triggering the release of “feel good” chemicals to rejuvenating a more balanced state of being; wonderfully refreshed! To book a IHM session please contact Marie Smith at email@example.com
Indian Head Massage For Women Carve out well-deserved “me time” Enjoy relaxation with possible health benefits By appointment only, Marie Smith, B.A. B.Ed. Certified Practitioner, IHM @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearing Brings in Light Written by Rev. Alexis Nicol
With winter now behind us it’s time to peel off those protective layers we have been hibernating under. I don’t know about you but I have been wrapped up in the safety of my cave feeling protected and cozy, albeit there were times when I felt like I was suffocating beneath the weight and darkness. With each day the sunlight stays around a little longer and from somewhere deep within there is this instinctual urge to clean – this has got to be where the term “Spring Cleaning” originated. As I’ve gotten down to business, clearing each layer of “stuff” out of my space I not only feel lighter physically and mentally an openness brightens my Spirit. It can be hard to let go of our stuff but I can definitely say that the effort will be worth it – I sure feel a whole lot better in every way. I compare it to the butterfly. There is a time that the cocoon has its purpose of protecting and allowing us to develop and grow and there is the time to shed it. Now is the perfect time to begin to discard what no longer serves our highest good. The thick blanket (of things – dust, memorabilia, relationships…) whatever I’ve used to cover and protect me during the cold dark months has done its job and now it is my time to gently push it away. As I do I can see with more clarity, allowing new and fresh ideas to enter my vision. It takes work, perseverance and optimism to do this, but each layer removed brings in more light. The cool, crisp and clean air fills me. With each deep breath I inhale it pumps fresh energy into my lungs, heart and throughout my Soul. The lightness is invigorating and inspiring. It is time to leave the cocoon, begin a new journey and flutter lightly into the new Season. Alexis believes in a Wholistic Metaphysical approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines natural healing modalities in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
WHAT YOU NEED Channelled by Lisa Virtue
hat you need may seem evident to you. Certain fundamentals come to mind and other particular desires for achievement. What if your needing was examined from a different perspective? Imagine if you will a light in a desert. This light seems so bright and overwhelming. Thirst making, skin burning, incapacitating even. This same light viewed from the arctic tundra may have similar qualities, yet a different experience. The same light given a region of temperate nature with shelter and water in abundance may have quite a different effect. The climate and circumstance highly influence the perception of this same resource that is light. The resources of time or money or influence, etc. can all be perceived so differently. So what is real? You are the creator of the landscape in which these energies are interpreted. You have chosen, whether through conscious action or other, the landscape of your perception. You are very good at creating these landscapes. It comes quite naturally, by instinct. What has not been so prevalent is the witnessing of the repercussions and conscious reforming of the landscape. We are speaking on a personal level, though you may witness this at the societal level. Your framework need not remain as it is just because you have a history with it. We have spoken at length of the many ways to consciously connect with your inner being. You have found much guidance on this matter. Using this understanding of tuning in and feeling what the inner self holds as true for you, you are able to consciously shift your landscapes to more harmonious ones Choose a time to sit and contemplate how you have formed your platform, if you will. Analyze, or simply choose to even regard at all, the whys of particular forms in your life platform. You chose a particular framework, why? Was this a construct someone showed you and you integrated? Is the foundation of that construct
supportive for you? Was it potentially formed of their wounds or beliefs that aren’t in your reality, your experiences? Ask yourself what could be true for you. Are you aware or open to sensing another possibility? Question the value of these constructs and choose to move towards new forms that are more aligned with that inner knowing, the being within you. Choosing in this way then creates a new landscape. Without ever changing the nature of the resource itself you have facilitated a brand new relationship with it in your life experience. Design a desert and you will feel forever parched. Question why you decided there needed to be only sand and you have the beginnings of shifting into a tropical oasis. How long have you let other people dictate your landscape? This is not a failing on your part. Simply the power of recognition, of understanding, has not clearly made its way into your active consciousness. Now the awareness is dawning. The idea seeping in that there is so much more you are capable of than was ever shown you. Bask in the beauty and magnificence of what is truly available. Know that you are indeed a powerful creator, awakening to this new reality, a new era of conscious, more aligned creation. Letting go of the “veracity” of these long-held beliefs opens the way for the aligned to make itself known to you. Chasing is counterproductive. Allowing the dawning of a new thought, a new idea of what’s possible will feel more intuitive. It will allow the balanced to become clearly visible to you in its right time. Take this time now to breathe a sigh of relief. Feel the burden already begin to lift, the constraints begin to soften. Now you have begun a self-freedom technique that can serve you well into the future. Be One and at peace, Your Divine Guidance Lisa Virtue is a channel and healer offering many ways of connecting with your inner truth. Find her online at www.LisaVirtue.com Phone: 613.296.4271 Email: Lisa@LisaVirtue.com. Social Media: Facebook. com/LisaVirtue01 Instagram.com/LisaVirtueYoga
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com email@example.com
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
SATURDAY MAY 5, 2018 9am - 5pm
Relax, Enjoy Refreshments & Attend Complimentary Lectures
OTTAWA CAMPUS 613.680.9330
Emerald Plaza, 1547 Merivale Rd., Suite 430, Nepean ON (Main Intersection - Merivale Rd. & Meadowlands Dr.)
IHNâ€™s Diploma Program Overview in Applied Holistic Nutrition: Courses, Certification, Faculty, Admission Requirements, & Campus Culture
With Campus Manager & Program Advisor Sylva Sheridan CNP, ROHP
Preventive Health Care: Adjunctive Nutritional and Therapeutic Recommendations for Cancer Care With Dr. Carolyn Mercer ND
Herbal Medicine: Spring Detoxification through Wild Medicinal Plants With Rebecca Graves CH, CH
Advanced Nutritional Symptomatology: Solutions for High Cholesterol Through Nutrition With Dr. Karim Alami ND
Natural Health Exhibit
Live Blood Cell Microscopy Sessions
Info on Courses / Curriculum
The April 2018 issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa. One of Canada's longest running health & wellness magazine.