Volume 28, Number 8
May 11 and 12, 2013 Whole Earth Expo Carleton University Fieldhouse COMING SOON!!! Evita M. Roche Workshops
For Women Only and
Separation & Divorce Support Group See pages 72 & 73
World renowned author of the Sirian Revelations Saturday & Sunday, April 27 - 28 Ottawa Convention Centre http://www.livinggreenexpo.ca
Comes to Toronto May 4/5, 2013
Offering her inspirational DNA/Light Body Activation workshop
ASCENDING THE SPIRAL OF LIGHT
To register for this rare event, contact LightHouse Int. Seminars: email@example.com ~ tel: 1 416-315-2347
DNA – The Akashic Record Lies Within Us All By Patricia Cori
n this amazing time, the Great Shift of Ages, we are whirling in an unfathomable race that has us tethered about, bouncing between the technological revolution and the spiritual awakening of growing numbers of human beings. At the center of this volley of experience, is the foremost question of our evolving DNA. We are being given the secret, sacred wisdom that regards the original blueprint of homo sapiens, that, according to the information I have been privileged to bring through from spirit, was a twelve stranded, light bodied Christed consciousness, a race designed by beings beyond – to be nested here in the garden of the Earth, Gaia, and left to flourish. So much has interfered with that perfected state of being that modern man has been reduced to a polarized, two-stranded helix of DNA, where the nature of duality, that struggle of darkness and light playing out in earth’s fields, is coded right into the intelligent blueprint of our being. Meanwhile, scientists estimate that about 92% of our original DNA is strewn about within our molecular structure – they continue to refer to this wealth of information as “junk DNA.” There is nothing within us that is junk … no divine error. Everything serves. However, these pieces of architectural information – our very blueprint – are scattered and disassembled within us. But it is all there, waiting to be pieced back together, like an intricate jigsaw puzzle that reconnects us to our star family, heals the morphogenetic field, and rewires the entire being, in preparation for the ascension process. That is the potential that awaits us all and is available to those of us who wish to accelerate the process. Many people today are suffering from feelings of not belonging to this planet and longing to return to a place they sense, but cannot necessarily remember. And as the planet struggles in the clutches of forces that would prefer to drag us into the shadow, the time to remember that light source and our mission is now. We
are ascending the spiral of light, climbing higher, intent on raising the flame of our passion and compassion for the entire planet, lightworkers of the age. DNA is woven through us just as it woven through the multiverse – this is the divine coil of all intelligence, conscious creation. Activation of that dormant information aligns us with our soul’s purpose and helps us remember our mission in this density, as we awaken to the multidimensional reality of existence. When we recreate the crystalline grids of sacred geometry within, we release fear and separation, reconnect to our star nations, and potentially clear the way to the achievement of Christed awareness in body. Replacing the damaged structures and destructive mental constructs held in the memory of the cellular body with the cosmic patterns and sacred geometrical grids of enlightened awareness, we accelerate the process of ascending the spiral of light. Now is the time to remember who we really are, and what we came to achieve on this Earth. Now is the time – and we are the ones we have been waiting for. Be empowered! Know that everything you need is within you, waiting to be discovered. Internationally acclaimed author, visionary and spirit healer Patricia Cori is often called a “real life Indiana Jones” by fans and readers around the world – an inspiring icon of truth and a living model of the adventurous spirit within us all. She is one of the most well-known and established authorities on the realms of the mystic – views of the world and multidimensional reality that challenge the status quo. She invites you to take part in her first event in Toronto, ASCENDING THE SPIRAL OF LIGHT, being held May 4-5, 2013. The two-day experience is a celebration of the human spirit, during which she will guide participants to awakening the Akashic memory within and laying the geometric design for full 12-stranded DNA activation. This is a rare opportunity! Don’t miss out. For more information and to register, go to http://lighthinterseminars.ca or to find out more about her work, her books and her mission, be sure to visit her main website at: www.sirianrevelations.net
YOGA BOUTIQUE • WORKSHOPS • YOGA TEACHER TRAINING • OVER 100 DROP-IN CLASSES PER WEEK • STUDENT RATES
342 Gladstone Ave. between Bank & O’Connor • 613.234.7974 • www.ottawayoga.com
Spring Cleaning “To keep the body healthy is a duty… otherwise we cannot keep our mind strong and clear.” - Buddha
Spring Yoga Detox Workshop Friday, April 19th • 7:30-9pm.
Visit us in person, on Facebook and Twitter for Spring cleaning tips throughout the month.
Yin Yoga Teacher Training • Begins May 31st Summer Intensive Hatha Yoga Teacher Training • Begins July 8th
Saturday, April 13 A Journey through the Koshas
Wade Imre Morissette Over 80 Drop In Yoga Classes & Workshops per week + Master Classes & Teacher Trainings 52 Armstrong St. near the Parkdale Market
613-761-9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com
International Academy Health Education
International Academy of Natural Health Sciences
Become a Reflexologist Classes start Tuesday April 16th 6pm to 9pm
Become a Nutrition Counsellor Classes start Wednesday April 3rd 6pm to 8pm (late entry to April 10th)
International Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine
International Academy of Massage
Become an Acupuncture Practitioner
Become a Registered Massage Therapist (R.M.T.)
Full-time or part-time studies available This 2112 hour program over 3 academic years prepares you for registration to practice in Ontario’s newly regulated TCM environment.
Start April or September
Become a Certified Herbalist Classes start Sunday April 7th 9:30am to 1:30pm or Thursday April 11th 6pm to 9pm
This 2304 hour program over 19 months prepares you for the registration examinations to practice, conducted by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario.
International Academy Health Education
For Course Details visit us online www.intlacademy.com or call 613 820-0318 International Academy Health Education 380 Forest St., Ottawa – Just West of Lincoln Fields
“Dedicated to Excellence in Healthcare Education Since 1980”
AW A KE NING. ..
Meditation is a wonderful way to access this state. However, the challenge then becomes one of developing the “staying power” to maintain this blissful state. Awakening is the state of STAYING FULLY AWARE that you are fully conscious “all the time”. wo years ago, I had the good Ken Wilber challenges all of us with fortune to participate in a wonderful this incredible question, “Since we are experiential hypnotherapy training fully conscious all the time, why do we seminar on Cape Cod, sponsored by the seemingly “lose” our awareness of this?” Harvard University Medical School. The focus of the seminar was the integration The Buddhists have many powerful of Eastern meditation traditions with and valuable sacred principles, such self-hypnosis and visualization practices as, non-attachment, beginner’s mind from Western psychotherapy traditions. and the razor’s edge. The Indo-Tibetan The Harvard Professor of Psychology Buddhist principle that I learned who led this seminar has collaborated in this seminar and that seemingly s s s and traveled extensively with The e answers Ken Wilber’s question is lln we Dalai Lama. The seminar was very called “The Elephant Path”. This smokin valuable because this topic is on the is the path that eventually leads to frui very cusp of where East meets West. staying in the fully awakening state virtually “all the time”. “Staying” One very powerful part of the xie t y is the operative word because it seminar was the exploration of the self m e e e s t is literally impossible for a “part concept of “negativity” which seems t animal” to “stay” in this state. h to preoccupy so many people in the weig Siddhartha Gautama, The Buddha, West. When The Dalai Lama was COUNSELLING, COACHING would probably say to Ken Wilber, asked to explain how Buddhists deal with “negativity”, he went off for a & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE and all others: “Catch yourself as soon as possible when you fall out few hours with two other Buddhist Richard M. Haney Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist of awareness, and choose to go back monks to consider the question. When into Awakening.” The he returned, he said that they do not (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 Elephant Path moves slowly have a word for “negativity” because Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. onward, like an elephant, and there they do not have this CONCEPT in www.ottawahypnosis.com are nasty, vicious monkeys at every their tradition. This is profound! The www.ottawacounselling.com turn on the way to the next highest principle they operate on is duality state. I believe that we can muster and duality precludes the projections the courage to face all of our fears and obstacles. of “negativity” and “positivity”. Basically, there is no need for “positive” and “negative”. They become an I truly wish and hope that you experience this arbitrary and unnecessary burden on one’s psyche. wonderful state of Awakening before you leave this life! The general theme of my whole counselling and Namaste............ hypnotherapy practice is, “What you project is what Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation). you get.” One’s Self and one’s thoughts are two Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, distinguishable entities or energy fields. We can choose Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. whether we let ourselves be defined by our thoughts. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an We can also choose to monitor our thoughts and pick e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and choose which ones work for us and which ones do not. We can also choose to move into a supraconscious state wherein we can modulate our Self and our thoughts. In my view, Descartes was only partially correct in maintaining that we are a “thinking animal”. He didn’t go far enough. We also have a capacity that other animals do not have, which is self-consciousness and the mutation called “instinctual choice”. Other animals do not have conscious choice; they have only simple instinct. When we open up our capacity to choose to move into the supra-conscious state, we experience the sweet nectar of life.
”The Elephant Path”
Bringing Grief out of the Shadows…
Grief – The “New Normal” By Vonne Solís, Angel Therapy Practitioner®
hen I became bereaved, other bereaved parents assured me that one day, our family would find a new normal. I was frightened and confused by this. What was a new normal? How would it look and feel? Everything was different now, after losing my child. I did not understand how anyone suffering this type of loss could survive much less claim they had found a new normal. Of the parents I spoke with, not one told me how life would get better. They said only that it would. I wasn’t convinced, given how unhappy they all looked. I longed for the comfort of the world I had known before grief. Through the books I read and people I spoke with, everyone was saying the same thing: they had learned to live differently. All shared the same feelings of rage, shock, sorrow, confusion, loneliness and depression after losing their child, but it surprised me that no matter how much time had passed since their loss, for many grievers the pain was still very raw. I wanted to feel genuine happiness and peace and fill my heart with joy again. I wanted to trust and feel love, which proved difficult given I couldn’t even trust my next step, let alone love and risk being hurt again. It felt like my family was spiraling down a black hole and the only normal I could relate to was now a distant memory. I decided that any kind of “new normal” was impossible and finding that one golden key to happiness a lost cause. As a griever you may be struggling with similar thoughts and conflicting emotions; desperate to feel normal, yet buried so deep in pain you can’t find your way out. The following tips may help you begin to view your grief experience differently and bring some balance to your life.
1. Accept there will be major upheaval and unpredictability in grief. Many early challenges will feel unmanageable. Your thinking may be distorted. It is essential to know the difference between reacting and responding to your ever changing emotional, physical, mental and spiritual needs and nurture them accordingly. 2. Let go of all expectations for your life to be a certain way (normal). It may never be the same. As such, don’t pressure yourself to resume previous schedules and commitments until you feel ready. Recognize some activities may no longer interest you given that all areas of life are altered in grief. 3. Accept that you may experience several relapses into depression or dysfunctional behaviors as you cope with pain that can feel very frightening and isolating. Make a commitment not to stay there. Choose to make healing central to your life. 4. Let go of everything that feels stressful, threatening or ties you to more responsibility. Learn to say no! 5. Most people will want the “old you” back and quickly! Decide what you need and want from all of your relationships. Start managing them differently. Society places major emphasis on grief recovery. It is hard for non-grievers to understand the ongoing needs of the bereaved. You may find the drama and trivialities of other people’s lives pointless; reminding you only of the burden you now must bear the rest of your own. Take time to figure out who are you are becoming in grief. Be gentle. Love yourself. For more information on this and related topics check out Divine Healing available at Chapters stores and online. For angel readings, workshops and speaking engagements visit www.vonnesolis.com
Could one conversation change your life?
What all these diets miss is the fact that we’re all just different. Each one of us does better on some diets than others (specifically called Bio-Individuality), with
Sarah Ives, Certified Health Coach
Do you want to:
o you have any health or Gain energy & vitality? wellness goals that you’re Have better concentration? Plant-inspired living and currently struggling to make a reality Have balanced moods? eating for ultimate vitality of? Do you find you often start + more? and make good changes but have difficulty sustaining them over the long term? Or do have no idea where The 21 Day Spring to start? Well, I’m here to help. Energy Cleanse is for Navigating the muddy waters of YOU! nutrition is not - as they say - for the Hurry! Begins April 21st 2:30 pm faint of heart. There are few fields www.sarahives.com that are so controversial, so varied and confusing as nutrition. Everyone a few guiding principles. Depending on our lifestyle, has the answer and the secret pill and yet you can’t trust the stress we’re dealing with, the illnesses we may them because, well, they’re really just selling a product be fighting, we all may need snippets of one diet and that is not necessarily in your best interest. snippets from another. In fact, the most effective way to But so many of us fall prey to these trends when we’re achieve the best health is to create your own diet. trying to make healthy lifestyle changes and so begins Now enter health coaches. A health coach is a trained the cycle of no carbs, then high carb, then no sugar, then wellness professional that will help you to navigate the all water and cayenne pepper, then no fat, then all meat, muddy waters of nutrition. The health coach can break and so on and so on until we’re utterly exhausted and down nutrition into easy-to-digest bits. Can you do this just throw up our hands (until the next trend, that is). on your own? Of course you can!
But most people find working with a health coach truly transformative because there is a system of accountability. Many of us KNOW what we have to do but for one reason or another, we don’t. A health coach can make the difference between you achieving your goals and not. Yes, it’s easy to say we’ll stick to a diet but when we actually don’t, we don’t have anyone to discuss it with and positive health changes can be forgotten as quickly as the passing of New Year’s. Don’t let that happen to you this time! But a health coach is there to ask you the essential questions, to motivate you and to carve out the unique diet that will work for you over the long term. Could one conversation change your life? What don’t you find out? I am currently accepting new clients for May 2013. I specialize in plant-based, gluten-free and digestive disorders like IBS and diverticulitis, plus have a range of group programs. Please visit www.sarahives.com About the author Sarah Ives is a certified health coach, instructor and speaker, specializing in plant foods, raw foods and diets for gluten-free, digestively challenged folks. Working with a range of clients, Sarah also has monthly workshops and cleanses to make you feel better than you’ve ever felt before.
Short and Steady Wins the Race
hort Yoga Practices are good for you. A brief Yoga practice removes the greatest barrier to students receiving the multifaceted benefits of the Yoga asanas. Time. A Yoga practice doesn’t need to be an hour or longer. One pose feels really good. In yoga circles people speak about downward facing dog, Adho Mukha Savasana, being an entire practice on its own. The length of Yoga classes in Ottawa, and the West have evolved alongside a healthily established exercise class/fitness culture. You get the benefits from 10 or 20 minutes of yoga practice, much like you will benefit from doing 50 pushups instead of none. The Yoga poses that strengthen the bones, tone muscles you knew you had and ones you didn’t, lowers blood pressure, opens glands, and improves your circulation, have the same effects in smaller doses. If your sinuses are congested, get into a forward fold for 3 to five breaths, then blow your nose, and see if you are able to clear your nose more thoroughly than without a forward fold. IF you feel sluggish, maybe after a long car ride, or any extended time in a chair, get up into a warrior 1 pose (Virabhadrasana) and give yourself a boost of energy and vigour as you open the lower and upper body simultaneously.
OPEN HOUSE Wednesday April 10, 2013 Club Aventure 115 Parent Ave. 6 to 7:30 pm
Come learn about Yoga Travels tours to Bhutan, Sikkim and Bali Sept. & Oct. 2013 Mar. & Apr. 2014
Ten minutes of Yoga can make you a morning person. If you are chronically tired in the mornings, get up 7 minutes earlier (you’re going to be tired anyway) and give yourself 9 Sun salutations, Surya Namaskar. Don’t take my word for it, try it and see how you feel. It is awesome to open your day with a well rounded stretch, opening every main muscle group in your body, and setting a positive Tone to your day. Athletes stretch before a game or event to ensure they are prepared and reduce the risk of injury, you deserve to as well. Whether or not you are mostly physically active or mentally active from Monday to Sunday, everyday you wake up is the beginning of your big event, or game for the day. Tell your body, Ok, start burning up excess energy now with a short morning yoga practice. If you are sitting for extended periods during the day all the more reason to start the day open and expansive and ready to handle everything that comes your way. Give it a try for a week your body will thank you.
RSVP - 613-789-8000 or www.yogatravels.ca 1-613-883-5850
Andrew Fryer, Svaatanya Yoga/4 Folks Yoga at Planet Botanix.
Connecting to Love and Compassion Through Hypnosis
Essentially, hypnosis is based on compassion. True compassion starts with you, gently, lovingly and unconditionally accepting yourself just as you are. From there real progress can be made. “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” From over 40 years of studying mind and its - H. Jackson Brown Jr., Author potential, through mindfulness practices and philosophy, of doing workshops ove is the very essence of our being. in Canada and abroad on Burnout It is also the undeniable and strong Prevention and Stress Management, desire for human connections. It is the I have come to see that hypnosis is the very part and fabric of life, yet often we most powerful tool I have seen to achieve find it hard to remain connected to it. concrete objectives and relief. It endows We sense that at the core, love contains all great stress management principles wisdom and a truly compassionate with power. It stands parallel to the perspective. At first we want to connect with the dimension of love from within us, a dimension practice of meditation, supporting it. But hypnosis is so free and pure, that it transcends body and mind. unique and has its own purpose. Then we can express love from a balanced viewpoint.
However, love might be the most complicated emotion we know. If we begin to feel self-love or a healthy sense of self appreciation, part of us may wonder if we are selfish, truly deserving or maybe even arrogant. We want it, but are afraid of it. We sense that love is deeply healing and each in our own way, we are looking for it. I see the core of hypnosis as based on love, on sharing our human predicament and helping each other rise above our painful condition. In the depth of our subconscious mind lies a profound wisdom embedded in love. Hypnosis in its essence is all about love and compassion. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others.” - Dalai Lama Love is so intimately connected with compassion that I find it difficult to separate those two words. Connecting with those two words helps us to go beyond the harshness of judgments and expectations. What a relief that is! Through love and compassion we can let the past go, and with it useless or harmful habits. We are then able to live in a kinder, happier fashion: “I realised through my sessions with Lynne that loving myself means loving my stomach, liver, my entire body and respecting it. Eating better quality food and less quantity makes me feel so healthy and good. That, is loving myself!” - Julia
The world is in our mind, and this is the premise of hypnosis, working with the entire mechanism of the mind, conscious and subconscious, to attain your objectives. No matter the objectives, I always invite my clients to truly feel, see, and live from a place of compassion. I greet every client from this very premise, for we all share a similar predicament. Life is demanding, and very often harsh, and we all share in that. Love and compassion are the keys out of the turmoil we experience in our daily life. But from the superficial level of the mind, that is difficult to attain. From the depth of hypnosis, when the objectives are clearly defined, embedded in love and compassion, the results are astounding. Lynne Cardinal is a Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy and is a Stress Management and Meditation Coach. Lynne is also a Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) practitioner. For more information: (613) 721-7888, or email@example.com or visit www.kaivalya.ca. Insurance receipts are available.
SE EK I N G Rev. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Cert. Spiritual Coach, Counsellor and Teacher
hy is it we seem to spend our entire lives seeking for something different, more or better than what we are or have? What propels us into this endless journey of not being satisfied with life, our life, or with who we are? Could it be that we do not know who we are? That, in fact, we have never known who we are and what are true relationship to life really is? Could it be we have never really trusted life and as such meet it with fear and uncertainty? When we learn to trust life, trusting that there is a vast consciousness that is not only us, who we are, but is guiding us, we can begin to relax and start going with the flow of life. When we learn to simply trust what life brings us without judgment, living in the flow becomes a more comfortable way of being. When we are not judging, what shows up simply is….. life unfolding. A good analogy for understanding life is to look at the ocean. Imagine that each drop of water in the ocean, each wave, each ripple, every bit of foam, thinks it is different and separate form the whole ocean. Is it different, separate, or is it all simply the ocean, just being the ocean? Being the ocean as a drop, ocean as a wave, ocean as a ripple, etc. Similar to the drop in the ocean concept, is how we relate to consciousness. Consciousness as plant- planting, person- personing, air being air. No separation…just different expressions of one consciousness. Just as the drop of water is not separate from the ocean, we are not separate from consciousness. The me that thinks it is a separate me, is truly not separate. What that me is…. is consciousness thinking, seeing, being, etc through what my mind has constructed as me. What we seek is to not be separate. We seek wholeness, unification, connection with the All That Is. Innately we remember that Wholeness and long to return to that which we truly have never left. When we think we are separate, we feel we are living outside of
Deep Soul Singing
Music for Healing and Therapy Lessons for all Ages Specialist for Special Needs
Enhance creativity Holistic healing Reduce Stress
Pamela Holm MTA
Music Therapist Vocal / Sound Healer Energy Worker 613-829-1556
Abundant Life Coach Spiritual Counsellor Psychotherapist firstname.lastname@example.org www. sherryharriscounselling.com 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available that wholeness and that is uncomfortable, frightening and confusing. We, at some level, know we are not separate. We have simply been groomed for as long as we can remember to think in terms of self and others. When we start living our connectedness, living life without judgment of good or bad, we become open to life’s amazing flow. We stop taking things personally, because we stop believing that we are a separate being, separate from the whole. Alignment with the natural flow of things becomes the order of the day and we relax into experiencing the moment as it shows up. This is all there is (life) and it is what it is ( neither good nor bad, without judgment). It simply is what it is. When we are letting go of personage and are just being consciousness expressing is called liberation. It is not something you can seek because there is no one to seek it….just consciousness expressing. However, just to complicate things, consciousness can be seeking, just as it can be sitting, seeing, breathing, hearing. When we think we are seeking we are merely looking for what we already are…everything and nothing at the same time; nothing because everything springs from the void of nothingness. And its core: Unconditional Love. Just as the drop in the ocean thinks it is not the ocean, so do we think we are not All That Is. When we are seeking, we are seeking what we have always been. Freedom, liberation comes when we stop identifying with being a separate person and recognize we are consciousness. Because I am talking about this, does not mean I am liberated, just fascinated with the journey of non-dualism and self-realization. Sherry Harris is a psychotherapist, certified spiritual counsellor, coach and teacher. She may be contacted for sessions at 613- 236-8852 or by email at 2belight1@ gmail.com. Every other Sunday night from 7-9 there is a non-duality sharing group at my home. Next one is March 31. Please call if you are interested in attending.
The Cosmic Joke By Kerry Palframan RN
hat do you do when adversity and Cosmic humour collide? Well these two bed-fellows seem to be ever present in my life in the last month. One seemingly calamity and upheaval after another on a daily basis has me laughing along with the Cosmic Joke. Is this a test of my faith, my trust or my belief in myself or in the Divine? If matters not in the long run, as I continue to know the only power I have is to stay in choice in how I respond to the continuing and unexpected shifts that are occurring. And as much as some part of me would like to analyze these non-stop collisions of intense and incredulous events, I know there is no point in even trying. Things are as there are – out of my control but not out of my choice in how I respond. For me, that is true empowerment. That and remaining detached from the outcome. Recently I awoke with the words “All is in Divine Order” ringing in my ears. This I trust; yet as the day unfolded in a series of a series of irrational events it rather forced me to reach for an old book of mine that contains a series of interesting prayers and invocations. The book is called What is Lightbody and I have not used it in 13 years, yet I serendipitously packed in my suitcase before embarking on my current 6 month trip away from home. I share with you this wonderful invocation/ prayer. This invocation is helping me to see the Divine humour in these rapidly changing times as I am maneuvered deeper into the great odyssey of my life here on planet Earth. If your life is full of bumps, upheavals, odd twist and turns, adversity or just plain old “shift-hittingthe-fan” type of events, I invite you to join me in this Invocation To Laughter.
Abundant Living by Design Fr o m C h
to Order Edie Lane
(613) 565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
Feng Shui Decluttering Organizing and Cleaning Services
Kerry Palframan RN email@example.com
Invocation To Laugher By Tashira Tachi-ren
Some say that laughter is the best medicine. Some say that laugher is the antidote to sin. Some say that laughter is a waste of good time. I tell you laughter is fully divine. This planet has a bunch of serious folks, They just don’t get the Cosmic Joke. And some spend their life in hot pursuit Of what they call the Cosmic Truth. But I hear a joke in the Heavens above… Laugher is Truth – And the punch line is Love. Kerry Palframan is a registered nurse by profession who now follows her true calling as a gifted visionary, intuitive life guide, healer and spiritual teacher. She offers personal readings as well as teleseminars. Her book, Spirit Talk, is a “must” for understanding messages from your higher self and spirit guides. She has also produced a valuable guided meditation CD, Meeting Your Angels and Spirit Guides. Kerry will be back in Ottawa to teach April 16th to July 2nd. See website for workshop schedule. www.indigowisdom.ca or www.indigodreamer.com
Experience Crystalline Consciousness Sound Healing
or the first time in Canada, we invite you to experience the Ancient Wisdom of the Crystalline and Crystal Skull healing to expand your consciousness and strengthen your crystalline body. Join Aravel Garduno, founder of the Crystalline Consciousness Work (CCW), Julie Bolduc, CCW facilitator and the crystal skulls on an exciting journey of Transformation, Multidimensional healing, DNA activations, honoring your truth and raising your consciousness to connect to your souls purpose. The Crystalline Consciousness Work also assists with transmuting, discerning, and clearing disharmonious energies, which interfere with the sovereignty of the soul and its divine essence and mission. When we chose to open our bodies, minds and consciousness to the crystalline frequencies emanated from crystal skulls, our bodies become more supported and in alignment with the frequencies of the New Paradigm. Once our physical bodies have stabilized in the frequencies of the crystalline, then we are able to emanate more light to all of creation. Since crystals are able to refract light and create prisms, this also means that all spectrums of light are able to pass through the crystal itself. Similar to a crystal that has refractive prism properties, our bodies can also receive all spectrums of light and higher dimensional frequencies. Crystallization brings all deeply embedded issues of all kinds into view so that we can become crystal clear and free of all that limits us. Deeper healing is not always comfortable, especially when addressing deep seeded programming, past beliefs and energies that no longer serve. As these energies leave us, we may experience them as the feelings and sensations that were repressed within us at the time of a trauma or wounding. Once this healing has cleared a certain amount of outdated energies from the fields, energetic bodies, and psychic worlds, then the crystalline begins to have an open passage to heal our energetic fields, our chakras and all subtle aspects of who we are. Crystallization on the higher dimensional level helps us to connect to our higher selves, our star relations, and our multidimensional selves. Being crystallized on a higher dimensional level brings us closer to our life missions and soul contracts and gives us a better sense of all that we are. About Aravel Garduno, Crystalline Consciousness Work Founder Established in Saratoga, California, Aravel Garduño stepped into her role as a healer in 2005. In February 2008, she met Max the being, who is her divine masculine counterpart and part of her higher self. She began to work with crystal skulls and was guided to work with the energies of 13 crystal skull grids. In that moment she knew that she had connected to her life’s purpose.
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN CANADA!
We invite you to experience the Ancient Wisdom of the Crystalline and Crystal Skull healing to expand consciousness and strengthen your crystalline body. Join Aravel Garduno, founder of the Crystalline Consciousness Work (CCW), Julie Bolduc, CCW facilitator and the Crystal Skulls on an exciting journey of powerful Transformation, Multidimensional healing, DNA enhancement, honoring your truth and raising your consciousness to connect to your Soul’s purpose. Private healing sessions can be booked prior to, or after the event.
Where: Forêt La Blanche, Mayo, Qc. When: May 11th and 12th Cost: Day 1 - $50; Day 2 - $75 Register at: The Crystal Dawn
217 Dalhousie St. Ottawa, (613-241-2262)
She continued into the unknown in blind faith with love in her heart leading her way. She was guided in this manner to understand and work with the new transformational biology which led her to discovering within her own body the DNA that supports the crystalline knowledge of ascension and the crystalline biology that assists our multidimensional selves to fully heal, activate and blossom. About Julie Bolduc, Crystalline Consciousness Facilitator When the Crystalline Consciousness Work entered Julie’s life, she immediately felt called as a facilitator. As her physical structure was gradually crystallizing, she was becoming more sensitive and started to recognize within her body the different vibrations emanating from the beings around her, which allowed her to follow the vibrations of unconditional love emanating from Mother Earth, the Elementals, the Trees... Julie Bolduc is currently the only Crystalline Consciousness Work facilitator within Canada, facilitating in both French and English. The Crystalline Consciousness Work will be offered as a two-day workshop at Forêt La Blanche, Mayo, Qc. on May 11th & 12th 2013. Private healing sessions with Aravel can be booked prior to, or after the event. Tickets can be purchased from www. spiritualawakeningquest.com OR The Crystal Dawn, 217 Dalhousie St., Ottawa, Ontario, 613-241-2262.
Kosher Salt Is a Key Factor in Obesity and Thyroid Disease By: Judy Spence, RN, ND(QC)
any patients come into my practice with cold hands and feet, exhaustion, depression, hair loss, infertility and a host of other chronic symptoms. Patients in this group often need more iodine in their diets to support thyroid function. Metabolism, the rate at which foods are burned depends on good thyroid function. The thyroid gland produces inactive thyroid hormone (T4) which circulates in the bloodstream and is converted into energy burning active form, T3 when needed. Iodine is responsible for converting inactive T4 into active T3 when nutrients need to be burned for fuel. The principal dietary source of iodine is iodized table salt. Iodine has been added, by law, to table salt since the 1920s to correct widespread goitre. Iodized salt reduced the incidence of goitre. Since the 1970s public education began raising awareness of the negative effects of too much salt on cardiac health. People began cutting back on their use of table salt. Some cut so much salt from their diets that they developed a type of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) per the Mayo Clinic. That form of CFS is corrected when iodine is added back into the diet. Recently the CBC reported that 94% of the food that we eat is processed. (ie: canned tomatoes, frozen food, restaurant meals). Restaurants and food manufacturers use KOSHER SALT for seasoning. Sadly, Kosher salt is not iodized. We are, in a way, reverting back to thyroid diseases of the ‘20s. Thyroid dysfunction is once again running rampant while metabolisms are running low. Canadians are becoming more obese and chronic illnesses are increasing. Low thyroid function leads to fatigue, difficulty concentrating, weight gain, depression, hair loss, calcium deficiency, infertility, depression and adrenal exhaustion. The thyroid (and parathyroid) control calcium levels which, if too low, lead to osteoporosis. The body MUST have calcium and it will remove it from bones to maintain alkaline pH balance I have witnessed this over the past 14 years of patient testing.
NAET treatments for iodized salt and for minerals help patients’ to properly absorb and utilize iodine. Our reduced use of table salt and our consumption of noniodized salt in commercially prepared foods once again puts us at risk of thyroid disease. Few seem to be truly aware of this modern-day dilemma. Judy and Gerry Spence are certified Advanced NAET practitioners. Judy has medical training and has created protocols that are used internationally by other NAET practitioners. She is a certified trainer to other practitioners on the BioMeridian computerized testing system which is used in her clinics. She is an Acupuncturist, Hypnotist, Registered Nurse and licensed Naturopath (QC). The NAET Ciinics of Ottawa and the Outaouais are the oldest in the region and, Judy is the longest practicing, most experienced NAET practitioner in the capital. Call 613-728-2579 or 819-6611061 to book an assessment and start on your road to wellness.
Are You Having a Nascar Night?
hether you call it teeth grinding, bruxism or gnashing of the teeth, it all boils down to the same thing. Your teeth get mangled and destroyed in the process as they are being worn down. It’s just like you are having a Nascar race inside your mouth and every one of your teeth is its own race car. The effects can be devastating and sometimes you’ll lose a car in the process altogether. Yes, it’s common for a person that suffers from teeth grinding to lose a whole tooth or several. Bruxism is not a one night shot and people that are prone to this condition will be grinding nightly. The worse thing is the fact that they aren’t even aware that they’re doing it! Quite often a patient will enter the dentist office with an unidentified pain only to find out that they are having this sort of Nascar race inside their mouth during the wee hours of the night. You’d think that with this type of racing excitement going on that they’d wake up but unfortunately not. In some cases this grinding race can go on for hours with no visible end in sight. It would be nice if there were some way to instantly cure a person with this affliction but usually the cause is hidden. Some say that stress leads to bruxism and that doing stress-relieving exercises can help to combat it. This is all fine and dandy but in the meantime the gnashing and gnarling is continuing and the Nascar race carries on. Bumpers are getting dented. Hoods are flying open and sometimes whole cars are getting flown off of the track to total destruction. Translating this into
Dr Paul Greenacre DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613 234-5758
www.medicaldentistry.ca Downtown and Alta Vista locations
teeth mode, the ends of the teeth are wearing down, sometimes pieces are tearing off and in extreme cases the whole tooth can simply come off its track and fall right out. It’s time to look at a night guard in order to raise the red flag to the race and get it stopped. There’s no other way to call this race off other than to wear a guard and call a cease and desist order on your mouth. Have you been having Nascar nights? You may be thinking that you haven’t but there’s really no way to tell unless someone else has been monitoring your sleep or you visit the dentist for an evaluation. If you have had some unwanted races taking place there will be evidence left behind that only a dentist can identify. Nascar racing is fine on the track but not in your mouth! It’s time to take action and save your teeth while there’s still time! Come on! What are you waiting for? The crowd is cheering you on to victory!
Med i c a l R ea d i n g s Intuitive Readings
hanks to all who contacted me for Medical readings and who took part in my February special on Medical Readings. Once again I will continue with the discounted price of $20 off for the whole month of April. Thanks for all your great feedback and testimonials. It is so exciting to hear that people are finally discovering that they possess within themselves many healing abilities and how simple this ability is to activate. The number one thing you can do is to accept where you are at right now in your healing journey. Then set the intent to move on from there. Never in any circumstance throw your hands up in the air and say there is nothing I can do. No matter the circumstance there is an abundance of invisible energies that are available to us at all times. Open your mind to this and life will open to you in ways you cannot imagine. Happy Spring. Please contact me at www. psychicmarstevens.com for readings or for Medical Reading special discount for April.
Intuitive Development Classes Psychic Readings Medical Readings Healing Sessions Life Coaching
Marlene Stevens www.psychicmarstevens.com firstname.lastname@example.org I no longer take any phone calls so all appointments and readings are done via email. Namaste .......Sincerely Psychic, Healer, & Teacher Marlene Stevens Marlene Stevens is a Medical Intuitive, Healer, Psychic, Teacher & Life Coach. She is available for readings, consultations, lectures & Intuitive Development classes. www.psychicmarstevens.com
Sri Chinmoy Answers
Question: What do you feel are the necessary steps to save the environment or Mother Nature from further destruction?
SRI CHINMOY: Firstly, we have to respect nature. Nature is the expression of our inner life, our higher life. It is from nature that we get all good things—beauty, tranquillity, humility, simplicity, spontaneity and many other divine qualities. Nature helps us in millions of ways to become good citizens of the world. That is why we must respect and adore nature. Mother Nature is being polluted and destroyed by the unaspiring realities of life. It is very sad. Mother Nature has become so helpless, and many people who are trying to preserve Mother Nature are only talking, talking, talking! Governments also are only talking. They come forward and say, “Yes, we want to preserve the trees and fields,” but their actions produce the opposite effect. Because we human beings see enemies all around us, because we are afraid someone will come and attack us, we use all our money and energy to make ourselves powerful. To make ourselves powerful enough to fight our enemies, we cut Mother Nature into pieces and take her resources. We give importance only to scientific and chemical advancement, which does not allow Mother Nature to remain beautiful or powerful. Chemical advancement and Mother Nature’s progress cannot go together. As long as there is fear on earth, Mother Nature will never be able to fulfill her divinity. It is only when we no longer see others as enemies that we shall be able to keep Mother Nature intact. So this world of ours has two choices: one is to establish friendship, brotherhood and oneness. Another
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
is to try to conquer or destroy others. When we adopt this latter approach, ultimately we destroy ourselves. One approach is absolutely correct: the establishment of oneness with the whole world-family. The other approach is to sing the song of supremacy. We feel we have to prove that we are stronger than somebody else, or the world has to know that we are the stronger. That approach is the wrong one. Only through union do we get joy; not by division. What we, as human beings, actually want is joy, happiness and satisfaction. These qualities we can only get by uniting ourselves with other human beings. Those human beings are nothing but an extension of our own reality. When we establish our oneness with the rest of the world-family, we get joy and this joy lasts forever. But when we conquer someone by using superior strength and power, by hook or by crook, we cannot get permanent joy. When we extend ourselves, when we spread our wings and claim the whole world as our own, very own, when we love Mother Nature, then the joy that we get will be everlasting. And this joy has in it sweetness, tremendous sweetness. We are longing for this joy, the joy of the creation. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
Biodynamic Osteopathy Michelle Vezeau
• Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation
Intuitive Advisor through spiritual guidance Readings since 1985 To your life’s questions, experience:
For appointment and more information call Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
Simple insightful clarity Profound awareness Emotional breakthroughs Uplifting spiritual connectedness 819 827-2579 email@example.com (Sessions held in central Ottawa)
New spiritual group! Come and join the crew!
have always been lucky enough to have friends or family around me who have at least some interest in spirituality...and have never felt alone whilst following my passion. Now, I’m so fortunate to be able to live my passion every day, as I own Green Spirit, a quaint spiritual shop in Manotick. I have met some great people here, who share my passion, but sometimes they tell me that they feel quite alone. After a serendipitous meeting one day with one such lady, I decided to start a spiritual group in my area. We had our first meeting two months ago with a dozen members, and our numbers have already increased dramatically! I wanted to mention our group in this issue, in the hope that if it’s in the right geographical area for you, you might like to join us! We meet once a month, at my home in Greely, and it’s all quite informal. Some of us
like to teach and share; others like to listen and learn... whatever works for you is totally fine! One member, Cheryl, has great crystal knowledge and is keen to share it with us. Another, Rina, is a Colour Therapist and has already given us fascinating chakra readings. It’s so nice just to be around like-minded people and chat! We bring $10 to each meetup ...to put towards future events / speakers etc. For example, in May we’ll be having my friend and highly gifted intuitive, Kerry Palframan along to talk to us and bring us messages from Spirit. Other exciting plans for Spring include talks by Allan Green, past-life regression therapist; his wife Catherine, a gifted energy healer and Sita, an intuitive who gives tarot/ astrology/numerology readings and workshops. In between these gatherings, we also host other workshops. In April, Deborah Laplante, Aromatherapist, will be offering a fascinating aromatherapy workshop, where she will teach us how to use essential oils for physical, mental and emotional healing. In May, Andrew Bray from
‘Energy Awaken’ will be presenting a workshop/meditation evening on how to connect to Mother Earth. From April through June, Kerry Palframan will be at our home, offering a HUGE selection of awesome workshops...from individual 3-hour sessions to 10week intensives! Check out her website, www.indigodreamer.com, to see everything she’s offering. This will be an amazing opportunity for people to learn from one of the most gifted teachers I have ever met. She now lives in BC and so this might be our last opportunity to learn inperson with her...and I, for one, am going to get my derrière on a seat in one of her intensives! REALLY looking forward to it :) So, if coming along to our get togethers or workshops is your thing, or you would like to be added to our contact list to hear about upcoming events, then please let me know! You can reach me at 613 795 1970 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to welcome you!
WHY ASTROLOGY WORKS
An ARIES I Have Known
eople with lots of Aries energy In their charts tend to be head-strong types. They lead with their jaws. They tend to have scars on their heads. They always have to be at the front of the herd. When I think about Aries people I’ve known, I think of Patricia Ellis. (Not her real name, as is the case with all names in this tome, the innocent and the guilty.) She’s a fairly famous Canadian poet. She’s won a Governor General’s award or two. A few years ago I saw Patricia at a writers conference, hobbling around on a cane. What happened is that she’d organized a picnic for all the kids she’d had with all her ex - husbands - four and counting. The picnic was on a cliff above the Pacific Ocean, somewhere north of Vancouver. When it came time to go for a swim, Patricia was the first one off the cliff. Straight down a hundred feet into cool, inviting, azure waters. Of course, those innocent waters were hiding jagged shards of rock. Patricia smashed her left ankle into seventy-six pieces. That is a somewhat typical Aries experience: they always have to be the first ones off the cliff. Quite often, to their eventual detriment and regret. Aries is ruled by Mars. Mars rules sex. And taking action. On April 6th, Mars forms a conjunction to Venus, the planet that rules love, on the twentieth degree of Aries. If you’re only going to have sex once this month, or have the desire to jump off a cliff Into beautiful, azure waters, with no dangers, hopefully, lurking below, that would be the day to do it. Craig Grant is the astrologer-in-residence at the Crystal Dawn, on Dalhousie St. in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. For an appointment, call 241-2262
Patricia Cori, www.patriciacori.com http://lighthinterseminars.ca; www.sirianrevelations.net
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 80 Terence Matthews, Suite 5, Kanata, ON K2M 2B4. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. April 2013 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $25 per year. To the U.S. please send $35 US (first class only). Circulation 14,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Administration - Julie Tierney Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/ Delivery by M&M Diffusion 819-243-0937
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
Submissions … • E-mail: email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org • (613) 435-TONE (8663) • 80 Terence Matthews, Suite #5, Kanata, ON K2M 2B4
The Deadline …
The Deadline for all submissions is up to 15th prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Life-Coaching Revealed – Trevour Strudwick CH, MNLP
oaching originated in the ‘80’s as companies outsourced their training to Management Consultants. Business consulting transferred nicely into Personal Consulting and voila: Life-Coaching is born. It is unclear what actually qualifies a Life-Coach and in what areas. Generally, someone with 5 or more years’ experience in Upper Management, 2 years in Human Resources Management or 2 years in Career Counselling is deemed to have the necessary skills and experience to use the title. There are also a variety of certification programs available, ranging from one weekend to programs that last over a year. A popular misconception is that Life-Coaching and Therapy are interchangeable so that traditional Therapists are defacto Life-Coaches. This is not the case. In fact, over the last 15 years, many main stream mental health practitioners have either incorporated Life-Coaching, or have left their practice completely in favour of Coaching full-time. Coaching doesn’t require a reliving of past pains and traumas. It is concerned with where you are and where you want to be and the specific steps to get there. Training includes techniques and strategies to help you get from point ‘A’ to point ‘B’ which occurs in a specified time frame starting from one month and rarely lasting more than a year. Coaching may include other modalities such as Hypnosis, EFT or NLP. A Coach is a mentor, teacher and friend who can inspire you to your best, help get you unstuck, and hold you accountable to your goals. Want to move ahead in life? Work with a Coach! You’ll be glad you did.
April is EMF FREE ZONE MONTH
hink outside the box, electropollution surrounds us 24/7 at home work and play. We live in a changing world. From Smart technology (hydro, water meters), cell phones, Wi-Fi tablets, hybrid cars, satellites (144 so far). Swimming in a sea of pollution that we can’t see or touch. Schools and coffee shops are all equipped with Wi-Fi. More and more people are waking up and smelling
Trevour Strudwick, CEO of The INSIGHT Studio is a fully certified Life Coach, Consulting Hypnotist, Advanced PSYCH-K® Facilitator, Master NLP Practitioner, Advanced EFT Practitioner, Law of Attraction Practitioner and has been a Reiki Master since 2000. the coffee called electropollution which we absorb into our systems each and every day like surround sound, this is surround pollution one of the greatest threats in the 21st century. We as a planet cannot bury our heads in the sand anymore and pretend or deny this everyday threat to our health and well-being. Time to make a stand against the powers to be that say this pollution will not harm us. Protest are taking place in BC and other parts of Canada on Smart technology, Wi-Fi in our schools for more info just give me a call. We have a protection system against electropollution, that people have found to be very effective, from balancers for home work and cars to ADR Disc for phones, laptop and handheld’s. Gold energy plates that work for pain. I will be giving a presentation on Electrical Pollution at the Ottawa Citizen Bldg. Energy Exchange on Friday April 5th at 7pm Join us in our EMF Free Zone, www.emffreezone.ca Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com
Support Seniors in Your Community
Your local Senior Support Organization helps seniors in the community in a variety of ways, but we can’t do it without you! Volunteers help make so many of our programs possible. Join our team and play a part in serving your community. Volunteer opportunities are available in:
Office and Administrative work – Answering Telephones – Welcoming Clients to Programs – Serving Luncheons – Adult Day Program – Music – Dancing - Community Events – Medical Transportation – Friendly Visiting – Telephone Assurance and much more. If you have a talent, we can use it! We are always most especially in need of Volunteer Drivers to take seniors to local medical appointments. If you have access to a vehicle and willingness to drive, please call!
Interested volunteers please contact 613-728-6016, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Socially Responsible Investing
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CSWP
s it possible to invest money for one’s retirement and still be socially or environmentally “responsible”? The short answer is absolutely! In fact, the steady growth of this type of restricted investment mandate over the years is a testament to the viability of this category. Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) can be defined as a strategy in which the portfolio manager must first select investments based on a set of predetermined SRI criteria. Before inclusion in the portfolio, his companies will have to meet the strict definitions in the area of environmental stewardship, corporate governance, economic sustainability, social responsibility and human rights. After clearing this first test, the companies will then have to meet the other normal investment selection criteria before being considered for inclusion in the portfolio. This means that, by definition, the manager will not be able to select companies from the whole investable universe, thus giving him a “restricted universe” to pick appropriate investments from. In spite of these limitations many investment management companies have now specialized in SRI mandates and their risk reward attributes are very impressive. It is therefore
email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
possible for people who want to use SRI vehicles to meet their financial objectives to do so and receive well diversified portfolios. Before deploying money in a SRI product, it is advisable for the investor to get familiar with the portfolio manager’s restrictions as not all SRI mandates are the same. The SRI world has clearly evolved over the years yet possibly not enough to be able to satisfy all of one’s values. These differences can make one mandate suitable for one person and not for the other. Possible disappointments can best be resolved by each person doing their homework to clearly understand what each SRI mandate is all about. Clients were faced with limited SRI choices 25 years ago. The changing nature of our society over the years has led to the evolution of the SRI universe to meet this new demand. The availability of high quality SRI products today makes it possible for individuals to do both: invest without compromising their own values and reach their financial objectives. We will be please to answer your questions at our booth at the Whole Earth Expo on May 11 and 12 2013 at the Carleton University Fieldhouse. Daniel Roy is the principle instructor of the Ottawa based Praxis Wealth Institute. He conducts workshops and courses that are focused on helping people accumulate and manage their wealth. firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca
Visit Kerry’s new website for a free mp3 guided meditation journey. Purchase other journeys; video workshops; her book and more.
Discerning Fear vs. Truth
by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Masterfully guiding you to your own inner wisdom to unravel the root cause of your limiting concerns, and help you reclaim your authentic power, freedom, and sovereignty.
pside-down thinking has been a typical distortion on Earth for a very long time; fear is the supposed truth, and truth is feared. Time to get serious about discerning the difference. The problem begins with fear having been wound tightly into our brains, bodies and energy fields. As a recent example, the fabricated war on terror emphasizes that our fear is required, justifying the increasing abuse of power. At large, fear-mongering has become normalized, deepening humanity’s anxieties and overreactions. Fear, our human emotional barometer, has been rendered less discerning from being pummeled with manipulation, secrecy and disinformation. All this fear drives confusion, conformity, insecurity, enslavement, and denial. And it has been a poor substitute for our Divine capacities of higher sensory perception. Fear is not necessary. Discernment that is sourcing from your Higher God-Self is far more accurate. It is anchored in your authentic power and sacred inner balance. When you command your space and centre with Spirit, you are able to meet truth head on, you have clarity, and your actions cut through obstacles. Everyone would be wise to recall the feeling of such an experience and re-anchor it frequently. For those unfamiliar with this self-assured state, it’s time to establish a discipline that cultivates this. Then, practise feeling what resonates with your energy field and what does not, so that, in our changing Earthly experiences, your Higher Self can discern new information as deception or truth. The time has come to reclaim your multi-dimensional awareness and normalize that. In fear, your perception is limited and you latch onto one possibility in the future, tricking yourself into believing it’s predictable
When will fear stop running your life? We can bring clarity & deep healing to your 12-dimensional spiritual-energetic foundation to help you reclaim your authentic power, freedom & sovereignty. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas stubborn patterns fears karma inorganic structures limiting beliefs miasmas ancestry astral body distortions
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, theta healing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
and definitive. You are then vulnerable to whatever desperate manipulations are put before you by the controllers as they try to interfere with humanity’s accelerating shifts in consciousness. In truth, you are infinite consciousness, and you exist in multiple, parallel timelines that play into possible outcomes. These are positive possibilities or influences on your current-life fears. So what you hold in your field will continue to affect your life and humanity’s evolution. You have choice about this. There are various key fears than can be, and have been, implanted in human beings: fear of emotion, love, being alone, inadequacy, rejection, and the unknown. These are just some that are more prevalent in our awareness than deep-seated others related to polarity archetypes, patriarchal domination, genetic race memories, traumas, and fears seeded in our DNA strands. They may stem from childhood programs, other timefields, off-planet experiences, or un-manifest states. Please make the commitment with yourself to release your fears. If you wish to receive my support please call; shifts are profound. You can override these fear programs daily with higher vibrational states from your inner-sustained Source Light. It’s an important time to discern what’s coming into your field, and what’s driving your behaviour. Negative extra-dimensional energies may attach to you when you are out and about, or in groups. Remember that higher frequencies can override lower frequencies, so your power is in your consciousness and actively clearing your lower vibrational states. The ugliness on Earth that is becoming more transparent can stir fears. Be willing to see what is. Then align with the infinite, emergent, awe-inspiring possibilities that can result from this unveiling; it is in you and through you. Be the vessel of peace. Copyright 2013 Melinda Urban All Rights Reserved Subscribe to Being the Peace - FREE articles, tools and inspiration. 613-253-2888, www.MelindaUrban.com - many services, articles, case studies. Integrating energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, vocal healing, and holographic healing of your multi-dimensional blueprint. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. Appointments in person or by phone.
L’ Essence-Ciel Books
ring the Angels into your life
Music Tarot Crystals Stones Jewelry Talismans Incense
Come live the experience at L’Essence-Ciel where everything serves to restore harmony.
Always with the angels, Monique Briand transmits angelic teachings through workshops, conferences and private readings.
Connecting with your angels.Teachings on how to perceive and interact with them in a natural way to live more joy, peace and love on a daily basis.A wonderful and lasting experience.
Demystifies this esoteric medium and introduces you to its different uses and methods.Facilitates the understanding of oneself and others and brings concrete help to decision making.All you need to know to get you started with this excellent tool.
– $ 100
– $ 50
Brings awareness to the energies which surrond and affect us. Encourages the conscious choice of using Universal life force; a practice which transforms our lives in a healing way. Makes us responsable and capable of creating a better world. Initiations and teaching Level I,II and Master teacher. Information and schedule at 568-2643.
Herbs Magic Feng Shui
Information at L’Essence-Ciel:568-2643
Private Readings –
For those who are searching and ready to connect with their TrueSelf.Individualized teachings and answers to personal questions.Guidance concerning your path. By appointment at 568-2643.
Les essences vibratoires sont disponibles à L’Essence-Ciel
The Angels are present at 867, RUE JACQUES-CARTIER, GATINEAU (819) 568-ANGE (2643) OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
OWNER ANGELIC PSYCHIC • MEDIUM
The Five Mindfulness Trainings Ian Prattis
“Mindfulness is the root of all the methods that tame the mind. First it focuses the mind. Then it eases the mind. Finally it is the luminous nature, beyond thought”. Patrul Rinpoche
here are three major causes and conditions that permitted the Five Mindfulness Trainings to emerge. The first is the awakened mind of the Buddha; the second is the great skill of the Buddha as a teacher; the third is Thich Nhat Hanh’s insightful rewording of the Five Wonderful Precepts of the Buddha. In a language that would appeal to the consciousness of the 21st century, the Buddha’s mindfulness trainings were renewed to be in tune with modern historical, socio-economic and cultural developments. So when we study and penetrate deeply into the mindfulness trainings we touch all three conditions, in particular the awakened mind of the Buddha. At the same time we also touch our potential to be similarly awakened. With the Five Mindfulness Trainings the Buddha communicated in a very precise way the ethical and moral basis of practice; of how to be with ourselves, with others and with the planet and society at large. To be in touch with the Buddha’s awakened mind enables us to take refuge in the Three Jewels – the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha - in a very deep way. Once we grasp the extraordinary qualities and understand the power of the energy created by the mindfulness trainings then something deep and very wholesome stirs in our hearts. I am convinced that the world needs a universal code of ethics. The Five Mindfulness Trainings fill this void. For me they are a guide and protector in moments of doubt, so that I see clearly and can take care of my own internal garbage. This is the only way to deal with the potential terrorist that lurks deep within everyone’s consciousness. To unravel the insidious internal knots caused by generations of ancestral habits, created from ignorance, vengeance and separation – this is the work of the new revolutionary of the 21st century, transforming terror and violence first within themselves and then within the world. There is an energy to the trainings that comes directly from the awakened mind of the Buddha, which is continued through us. When a sangha collectively and diligently practices the five mindfulness trainings, an extraordinary energy emerges that uplifts everyone
PINE GATE SANGHA
Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh Nucleus of Friends for Peace Canada Teachings every Thursday 7.00pm - 9.00pm Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7 Contacts: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org • 613 726 0881 www.ianprattis.com/pinegate.htm who is suffering. Taking Refuge in the trainings and three jewels is a joyful path. A vital part of the joy is engaged practice with a sangha, as that leads to confidence, new leadership and responsibility for the wider community. It is in the Sangha that the Ultimate dimension of the Buddha and Dharma truly comes alive, as the feedback is from direct experience with dharma friends. As sangha members feel the fruits of practice from taking refuge, their awareness grows as their suffering is transformed. The sangha becomes a safe haven, a community of resistance where participants are free to explore deeply the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha that is within. Using breath consciously, living the mindfulness trainings fully, practicing the guidance of the sutras enables the awakened mind of the Buddha within us to be touched. And so we transform. At this instance the existential realities of the sangha in the Historical dimension cross over into the Ultimate dimension. The waves recognize that they are water. This is not a concept but a reality based on the experience of sangha practice. This is why I believe it will be sanghas creating Pure Lands that provide the basis for the next Buddha to manifest, with each sangha operating organically as a cell in a new manifestation of Divinity on Earth. This is a statement of practice and is our greatest gift. It enables us to live authentic lives and be free, at the same time ensuring that a future is possible. I wrote about this in “Guidelines to Re-Create Our World” – Chapter Seven of The Essential Spiral. As did Thay in his book For a Future To Be Possible. Both works elaborated on the foundation provided by the Five Mindfulness Trainings to re-create our world. Ian is the Zen teacher at Pine Gate Sangha in Ottawa since 1997, and has given talks and retreats all over the world. He now stays local with Friends for Peace Canada www.friendsforpeace.ca to help turn the tide in his home city so that good things begin to happen naturally.
with Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha World-Renowned Master Healer, Soul Leader, Divine Channel
and Master Lynda Chaplin
Divine Channel and Worldwide Representative of Master Zhi Gang Sha
Master Lynda Chaplin
Divine Healing Hands New York Times Bestseller! Dr. Sha is an important teacher and a wonderful healer with a valuable message about the power of the soul to influence and transform all life. – Dr. Masaru Emoto, The Hidden Messages in Water
Divine Healing Hands are helping people around the world experience relief from chronic pain, boost energy and stamina, increase mobility and agility, and even improve chronic conditions. VisitYouTube.com/ZhiGangSha to see hundreds of personal soul healing miracles. New participants will receive a free copy of this healing treasure, pre-programmed to offer 20 Divine Healing Hands blessings to each recipient.
Soul Healing Evening with Divine Healing Hands Blessings Friday, April 19 • 7:00 – 9:30 pm Friday, May 24 • 7:00 – 9:30 pm Thursday, June 27 • 7:00 – 9:30 pm
Introduction to Soul Healing
Saturday, April 20 • 2:00 – 5:00 pm • $35
Opening Your Spiritual Channels
Sunday, April 21 • 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, $65
Four Power Techniques® for Healing & Rejuvenation Saturday, May 25 • 2:00 – 5:00 pm, $35
Understanding Karma: The Root Cause of Success and Failure in All Life Sunday, May 26 • 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, $65
Divine Healing Hands Training Program with Master Lynda and Master Sha
Friday-Sunday, June 28–30 • 10:00 am – 8:00 pm, $625
Location for these events: RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa K1H 7X7 More than an invitation ... a sacred calling!
Information: Master Lynda • 416 255 8823 • 647 654 7711 www.ottawakiosk.com/MasterLyndaChaplin.html LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa Institute of Soul Healing & Enlightenment™ 888.3396815 • DrSha.com • Facebook.com/DrAndMasterSha
Soul Healing Wisdom and Self-Healing Practice By Master Lynda Chaplin
“Heal the soul first; then healing of the mind and body will follow,” is the key foundation teaching of Soul Healing. These extraordinary teachings are based on the work of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha, worldrenowned soul healer, spiritual leader, Divine Channel, and bestselling author. Dr. and Master Sha trained as a Western Medicine Doctor in China and is a Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China and Canada. He is a Grandmaster of many ancient disciplines including Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Kung Fu, Feng Shui, the I Ching, and much more. Master Sha integrated the essence of conventional modern medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, and ancient energy and spiritual healing secrets to create Soul Mind Body Medicine and Power Healing. Soul Healing is a breakthrough system emphasizing the power of soul, or soul over matter, to reveal a simple but profound truth: the soul can heal. Soul healing uses simple, practical and easy-to-learn techniques to heal every aspect of your life. Everyone and everything has a soul. A human being has a soul. An animal has a soul. A flower has a soul. Mountains, rivers and forests all have souls. Your computer has a soul. Your bodily systems, organs, cells, cell units, DNA, RNA – each and every one has a soul. Soul, spirit and message are different names for the same thing. The message that is held by a bodily system, organ, cell, cell unit, DNA, RNA, or anything, is vital to the life and well-being of that thing. For example, the message carried by an organ tells the organ how it is to function. If the message is not healthy, then the functioning will not be healthy. If the message is strong, clear and full of energy and light, then the functioning will also be strong, clear and full of energy and light. When a person becomes sick, the soul of the organ, illness, or part of the body became sick first. When you heal the soul, you are healing the essence of the organ, illness, or part of the body. You can do self healing using the Say Hello Healing® formula. You can ask for healing for any part of your body that needs healing. For example, if you have lower back pain, you can say “hello” to the soul of your lower back. You can adapt this technique for any issue (organ, illness, or part of the body) that needs healing. Say hello: Dear soul, mind and body of my ____________ (name your request), Give love: I love you. Make an affirmation: You have the power to heal yourself. Give an order: Do a good job! Express gratitude: Thank you.
Experience the Power of Divine Healing Hands
Then chant “Divine Light,” or “Divine Love,” or “You have the power to heal yourself!” When you chant, divine light comes in to clear the blockages. Practice by chanting at least three to five minutes per time, three to five times per day. For chronic and life-threatening conditions, practice two or more hours per day. The key is to practice daily – the longer and more often you practice, the better!
Close your practice by saying: “Hao. Hao. Hao.” Hao is Mandarin and means perfect, or get well. It is an affirmation and a command. Then say “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.” Master Lynda Chaplin is a Divine Channel and Worldwide Representative of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha. To learn more about Soul Healing and to experience powerful soul healing blessings, join Master Lynda for a Soul Healing evening or workshop. To contact Master Lynda call 416.255.8823 or send an email to LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com
Deep Soul Singing: Music Therapy in Motion
by Pamela Holm hat is the value of music? Music has many benefits; for example: helping us to reduce stress, to think more creatively, to help our minds to develop and grow with intelligence in a balanced way. Cognitive studies have demonstrated that in the process of playing music our whole brain is stimulated. Music also, even without words, can help us to express what is in our hearts and souls. I had an experience many years ago of singing a folksong, “The Streets of London” for a group from Senegal when I was a participant in Canada World Youth. After finishing the song, the Senegalese leader pulled me aside. He spoke in French which I was struggling to understand. He led me into a neighbouring room and asked me to sing the song two more times for him. This man knew not the meaning of the words, but the music had touched his heart and brought him to tears! Music has the capacity to reach us in our depths. It gives us the opportunity to express from the centre of our being. As a music therapist I invite people to lay aside words, the language of our egos, and then to find emotional expression in tones, gestures and simple instruments. In my experience I have witnessed highly articulate people, as well as those with various physical, developmental and cognitive abilities, to find such complete deep expression using the simplest of musical gestures. The music and the sounds can release tension blocked up inside, which if unexpressed, can actually become locked into our body’s memory as ‘dis-ease’. Effecting releases takes no musical skill, it just takes a willingness to explore and give voice to our inner being. So come, explore, learn, benefit on April 4 and April 20th.
Pamela Holm is an Accredited Music Therapist and Sound Healing Intuitive. For more information please visit her websites: www.DeepSoulSinging.com & www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com or contact her at Pamela_holm@yahoo.com
Thursday, April 4, (7:15-9:00 p.m.) Talk: by Pamela Holm. Healing Though Creativity in Music & Expressive Arts Therapy What role does music play in your life? How you are affected by it? How can you harness its benefits for healing and growth? Come explore these questions and learn about the world of music therapy and sound healing. The Ottawa Citizen, 1101 Baxter Rd. (donations welcome) ...continuing Saturday, April 20, (1 - 4 pm) Workshop: with Pamela Holm - Healing Through Creativity in Music & Expressive Arts Therapy In our work world, our intellect is often defined by the thinking process and by following the rules as the business/or employment world has defined it. Confined by these demands and expectations our inner creative center can shut down and we can become disengaged from parts of ourself. When this happens mental and emotional blocks occur. But opening to our creativity helps relieve stress, opens the door, gives the inner child a chance to speak out, to breathe and to play. Thus we are able to think better, receive insights and perform better at work and in our relationships. The physical body responds in gratitude! So come prepared to tune in to yourself and engage in a creative healing process using musical instruments, our voices, movement, visualization and art. Please bring a clipboard if you have one. Hintonburg Community Centre, (1-4 pm). 1064 Wellington St. ($20.) May 2013 (stay tuned) Thursday, May 2 (7:15-9:00 pm) Talk: Catherine Green - Sharing Awareness of Tools to Empower Ascension & Alignment with our 5th & Multi- Dimensional Selves & Light Body Frequencies Saturday, May 25 (1-4 pm) Workshop: Kerry Palframan - How to Connect with Your Angels and Spirit Guides
www.SpiritualFrontiers.ca ~ Let us continue to grow spiritually together! ~
All are welcome to our events. For volunteering please contact email@example.com or phone 613-724-6021 Dora Joseph, Article and Program Coordinator, SFC Volunteer
What If Everything About ACCESS CONSCIOUSNESS Your Body Was Just an Empowering People To Know That They Know Interesting Point of View? Bars Class April 12th
hat an interesting relationship most of us have with our bodies! They accompany us everywhere and make everything we do on earth possible, yet we ignore them at every turn and pay no attention to the messages they try in vain to send to us.
Then when they do manage to create a pain or symptom that gets our attention, we conclude something is horribly wrong with our body and the symptom must be gotten rid of right away. We go from completely ignoring our bodies to being almost possessed by the wrongness of what’s occurring in our body’s desperate attempts to get our attention. How smart is that? Not very! What if everything that occurred with our bodies were just an interesting point of view? Would that create a different reality with our bodies, perhaps a more rewarding relationship with our bodies? Certainly, it would make it easier to change the things we do not like about what’s occurring with our bodies. Why is that? Our bodies have awareness, consciousness, and intelligence just like we the beings do—they just don’t have minds that constantly overcome their knowing. Just as with animals, we assume we are more conscious than our bodies because they don’t speak and think, and we do. Is that assumption really correct? Or are our bodies like the elephants during the tsunami in Thailand who pulled up the stakes in the ground that had held them in place for 30 years because their awareness of the upcoming tsunami that would otherwise drown them was so much greater than the humans who went to the beach to pick up the free fish? When we’re judging—and judging is the opposite of interesting point of view—whatever we’re judging cannot change. Who knew? In order to change anything, however undesirable, about your body, you have to first come out of judgment of it to a point where you can be merely interesting point of view about what your body has created at your request. So if that’s what our body would like, why do our bodies degenerate, break down, and die? It’s because of the limitations that we the beings impose upon them. Not our smartest move, but rather pervasive, to say the least! Having your Access Bars™ run, by the way, releases gazillions of these limitations you the being have imposed on your body with every session. It’s because of the considerations you the being have and impose on
Body Process Evening Wednesday, April 10th
A new process every Wednesday morning.
Access Foundation & Level 1 Class April 5th to 8th
3-Day Access Body Class May 10th to May 12th
For more info on Access Consciousness Classes, Body Process Evenings, Bars Classes, Access Core Classes, Energetic Face Lifts or Private Sessions please contact Carol Sheehan 613 617-4747, firstname.lastname@example.org www.AccessConsciousness.com
your body that anything goes wrong with your body. It’s the letting go of those considerations that make the body miracles occur in just one session of Access Bars™. Many people no longer have headaches after just one Access Bars™ session, and all kinds of other pains and disabilities just vanish after a single Access Bars™ session. And that’s saying nothing of the way that people who start doing Access Consciousness™ seem to stop aging in their tracks, as long as they continue to use the tools and get their Access Bars™ run. What if any diagnosis, instead of being a statement of irrevocable fact, were just an interesting point of view our body was taking to get our attention? “Interesting point of view that I have that point of view” is our ticket out of judgment. How would that apply to our bodies? How many judgments do we have of our bodies? It is these judgments that determine what we see in the mirror, not the image of what we really look like. What could you change about your body if every single one of those opinions you have about any part of it were just an interesting point of view? What if the change you’ve been longing for in your body were as easy to create as a change in your point of view? Truth, would you be willing to have that? What would it take? For More Information on Access Consciousness Bars Classes, Body Classes & Private Sessions contact: Carol Sheehan, Certified Facilitator, email@example.com, 613 717-4747 or 613 249-8418
Being With Our Lonely, Scared Parts
CREATE CLOSER LOVING RELATIONSHIPS
By Marlene and Bob Neufeld
One of our teachers, Marcia Gleason, sent the following: “In the beginning of an intimate relationship, … the chemicals of deep attraction allow us, for a short period of time, to allow another person into our soul. … Some young parts [of us], particularly ones that did not form secure attachments with parental figures, get a taste of secure bonding during these early periods of infatuation. … The “young parts” which we mostly keep “exiled” come out of hiding, thrilled by the belief that they are safe and will never feel alone again. For this brief window of time, our unfulfilled parts bask in the energy of love. Giving and receiving flow in an endless loop.” Marcia gives a personal example, “I remember when … I met Brian…. It was a particularly rough time for me, and I felt as if my deep bond with him gave me the strength to make it through. Looking back, I realize it was not really what Brian gave me (affection, attention, etc.) that helped me, but the fact that I allowed a deeply scared and lonely part to energetically receive his love (and vice versa).” She continues, “However, this expansive, free fall doesn’t last. Life takes over, reality sets in. Contraction in relationship becomes the preferred state, not only because we don’t want to continually feel the inevitable hurts and disappointments by and towards one another, but because we are hard wired as humans to close down in protection mode. When our bodies become contracted, we don’t breathe deeply, our hearts get hard (muscles literally get tight) and we cease to feel the part whose true desire is to open. Sometimes we may be surrounded by love but, if we can’t receive it, we feel like we are in an empty pit.” “Receiving is the function of being able to feel and allow the incomplete parts of ourselves to be known and acknowledged. When we are not afraid of our needs and our yearning, we energetically forge a visceral connection to them, which allows them to breathe and open. It is the same in our relationships. It is important not to hide from our partners the parts that we are ashamed of--the lonely, scared parts yearning to feel contact with the caring, compassionate other. Being willing to know the unfulfilled parts beneath the protections, naming them and letting our partners know about them is different than wanting them fulfilled by them. Paradoxically, the more we can take responsibility for bringing compassion to our own “young” parts, the more we can experience a true partnership.” We experienced this ourselves recently. We had had an incident and both of us got contracted. Marlene
Marlene & Bob Neufeld A Couple helping Couples learn life-changing relationship skills
Contact us NOW to find out if we can help YOU and qualify for a COMPLIMENTARY one-hour SESSION 613-594-9248
remembers thinking her heart had closed. Marlene remembered a suggestion that Marcia Gleason offered: “Practice taking deep breaths when you feel really alone. Breathe 10 times into your heart to wake it up and bring energy into it. Do this with your partner while you put your hands on one another’s hearts. As we did this together, looking into each other’s eyes, standing with our hands on each other’s hearts and breathing 10 times deeply into our own hearts, we began to feel ourselves soften and connect. Try it! Marlene & Bob Neufeld practice bodycentered Coaching and Psychotherapy. They are a couple who help couples learn lifechanging skills and create closer, more loving relationships with one another. To learn more, see www.marleneandbob.com or call 613594-9248 to arrange a complimentary 1-hour introductory session. For more about Marcia Gleason see www.exceptionalmarriage.com
MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS LEARN TO:
• Enjoy greater sense of well-being and contentment • Deal with anxiety and stress more skillfully • Concentrate better and think more clearly Receive instruction in meditation techniques including attentive breathing, body scanning & yoga
April 16 to June 4, 2013
Tuesday evenings + one full-day Saturday Course Fee - $400 West End - Unitarian Church Contact Peter Black 613.322.7196 firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Achieve a Better You
’ve lost count on how many times I've read and heard of celebrity relationships failing, health issues, depressions and anxieties. Not that it really matters to me, but it seems strange that people often see celebrities and superstars as special people, living a charmed life of riches and glamour, perfect health, perfect relationships, etc. It’s a romanticized view of life to think that all it takes is fame, money and all that provides. It’s very important to me to encourage people to not lose their ‘sense of self’. This is a crucial piece around feeling successful, prosperous and on target with your goals. So what does it take to feel grounded in your sense of self? Here are a few ideas for you to consider… 1. Know your purpose Are you wandering through life with little or no direction - hoping that you'll find happiness, health and prosperity? Identify your life purpose or mission statement and you will have your own unique compass that will lead you to YOUR truth. This may seem a wee bit difficult at first when you see yourself to be stuck in a rut and unsure of the road out. But there's always a little escape clause (you just have to find it!) to turn things around and you can make a big difference to yourself. 2. Know your values What do you value most? Make a list of your top 5 values. Some examples are security, freedom, family, spiritual development, learning. As you set your goals - check them against your values. If the goal doesn't align with any of your top five values - you may want to reconsider it or revise it. 3. Know your needs Unmet needs can keep you from living authentically. Take care of yourself FIRST. Do you have a need to be acknowledged, to be right, to be in control, to be loved? There are so many people who lived their lives without realizing their dreams and most of them end up being stressed or even depressed for that matter. List your top five needs and get them met before it's too late! It’s so important to not only know what your needs are but to get them MET for and within yourself… An example I often give my clients is this – if I have a personal need to be loved and accepted and yet I cannot love and accept myself first… I open the door for a dysfunctional relationship – now that’s not to say you don’t enjoy the love and acceptance of another – but their love and acceptance of you is a BONUS rather than a necessity!
INCREASE SUCCESS! By appointment in Ottawa and Burnstown, Telephone & Skype Moira Hutchison CTACC CCHT Life Strategy Mentor and Coach Phone: 613.432.1239 Cell: 613.281.0611 Moira@WellnessWithMoira.com www.WellnessWithMoira.com
Are you ready to get unstuck? Call me! 4. Live from the inside out Increase your awareness of your inner wisdom by regular silent reflection. Spend time in nature. Breathe deeply to quiet a distracted mind. For many of us, it can be difficult to find the peace and quiet we want even in our own home. So I encourage you to explore ways that you can regularly have some quality alone quiet time (even if it’s only 10-20 minutes) each day – it will make a profound difference! 5. Honour your strengths What are your positive traits? What special talents do you have? List three - if you get stuck, ask those closest to you to help identify these. Are you imaginative, witty, and good with your hands? Find ways to express your authentic self through your strengths. You can increase your self-confidence when you can share what you know to others. 6. Serve others When you live authentically, you may find that you develop an interconnected sense of being. When you are true to who you are, living your purpose and giving of your talents to the world around you, you give back in service what you came to share with others -your spirit - your essence. The reward for sharing your gift with those around you is very rewarding. Personal development is definitely something that is totally worth it! It should not feel like a destination to you, rather an enjoyable journey with lots to see and discover along the way. The difference lies within ourselves and how much we want to change for the better. Moira Hutchison CTACC CCHT Life Strategy Mentor & Coach 613.432.1239, www.WellnessWithMoira.com Do you think loving, nurturing thoughts about yourself? Probably not! Perhaps, it’s time to GET RELIEF FROM YOUR “INNER CRITIC” If you want to start feeling better about yourself and your life - hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for your free "Inner Peace Kit". Use the power of your mind to get you on track for feeling energized and confident.
Online Meditation with the Angels and Divine Mother Online Meditation with Divine Mother www.learnitlive.com /invite/healandlove email email@example.com to receive a free promotional code
very one has the look of wonder when I talk about online meditation classes. This is my first experience with virtual classrooms and thank god everyone’s loving it. They are interactive and fun. We can see, talk or text each other. Although participants are in different cities, they easily connect to the presence of Angels and other beings of light that I invoke from Ottawa. We specially enjoy the connection to one another, being at the comfort of our rooms.
I didn’t know much about the online world so I hesitated at first when I was approached by the website www.learnitlive.com to be a part of their instructor’s team. Nowadays, however, I really enjoy learning new internet things every week. The support group at “learnitlive” is super friendly and more than happy to get anyone started, even if you think you know nothing. The meditation itself is very heart based and mostly dedicated to the energy of love. It has a guided part to help the ever-busy mind finding the currents of calmness and peace within. The words that come through are inspiring messages that invoke the higher qualities such as love, forgiveness, compassion, and oneness. No experience is necessary. Your openness to these concepts is all you need. So go ahead and give it a try. www.learnitlive.com/invite/healandlove gets you directly to the virtual classroom. There, you can sign up, get to know plenty about me, and listen to recorded meditations. The live sessions are Tuesdays and most Sundays. This is Reza. Contact me at to receive a free promotion code for your first class or if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 794-0677. Reza Shadman is a meditation instructor facilitating the connection to the divine self since 2007. His journey started 10 years ago when he experienced a kundallini awakening and witnessed the light and love within. You can know more about him at www.healandlove.com
*� S� PIRITUAL�HEALING�*� E� NERGY�M� EDICINE�*� S� HAMAN� J� OURNEYING� *� S� OUL�R� ETRIEVAL�*� P� AST�L� IFE�J� OURNEYS�*� H� EALING�K� ARMA�*� H� EALING�B� AD�M� EDICINE�*� G� ETTING�Y� OUR�P� OWER�B� ACK�*�D� ESTINY�W� ORK�*� U� NDER-� HY�Y� OU�C� AME�H� ERE�*� A� ND�M� UCH�M� ORE� .� STANDING�W�
NEW O� TTAWA�P� ROGRAM�B� EGINS�S� EPTEMBER�2013� - C� HECK�W� EBSITE�FOR�M� ORE�I� NFO� S� ESSIONS�B� Y�A� PPOINTMENT�O� NLY�AT�(613) 274-3708�
WWW� .T� HE� 8� TH� FI�RE� .C �OM� April 2013
How Hypnosis is great for Eliminating Stress
he term “hypnosis” has been derived from the Greek word hypnosis which means sleep. Hypnosis can be defined as a psychological state with certain physiological attributes, resembling sleep only superficially and marked by a functioning of the individual. As per earliest definition of hypnosis, it is a peculiar condition of the nervous system, induced by a fixed and abstracted attention of the mental and visual eye, on one object, not of an exciting nature. Hypnosis has been playing an important role in healing for many years. According to the World Health Organization, 90% of the general population can be hypnotized. Hypnosis is a normal state that just about everyone has experienced. The natural hypnotic state also exists when one become so involved in something like book, music or some other activity that everything else is blocked out. The hypnotic state is very useful for the relaxation it produces. The importance of hypnosis is that while we
are in that state, we are very receptive to suggestions. Positive and healing suggestions sinks deeply into our mind more quickly than when we are in a normal. Hypnosis plays an important role in our everyday life. Hypnosis can help us think positively towards ourselves and our goal. One of the most important advantages of hypnosis is that it is very useful in eliminating stress. Everyone has stress due to many reasons. But how we react to that stress can make a world of difference. It can literally make us healthy or unhealthy. Stress can be responsible for conditions such as ulcers, diabetes low back and neck pain, high blood pressure, strokes and heart attacks. This is due to the ever growing sympathetic nervous system activity along with a flood of cortisol, adrenaline, and other hormones. Stress can contribute to anxiety and depression. So one thing is sure that our mind is the primary cause of our experience of stress, anxiety and depression .That way, if we can find a way so that we can change our thoughts, attitudes, and points of view, then we can get rid of our feelings of stress, anxiety and depression .A more intelligent method to get rid of tension, stress, anxiety, and depression is to work on the root cause,
“I Can Make You Stop Smoking in One Hour” If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
which is generally our thought processes and here comes one of the great solutions which is defined above that is hypnosis. Hypnosis is much helpful in eliminating stress. It is just all about relaxing. In 1958, the AMA accepted hypnosis as an effective method of treating stress or stress related symptoms. Moreover, there are definitely no undesirable side effects unlike other drugs. Hypnosis is the alpha level of consciousness. It is the daydream like temporary psychological mindset that we experience as we are about to fall asleep in the evening. And we experience it once more as we awaken again. Once we enter the hypnotic state, we can interact with our unconscious mind. And it becomes easier to admit new points of view and ideas that can help us to dissipate anxiety, or even avoid it in the first place. Since stress produces illness, tension and general negative energy in the body, the simple act of fully relaxing is a powerful tool in fighting with stress. Due to this, most hypnosis for stress relief will begin with a fullbody relaxation. There will most likely be some sort of a suggestion while we are deeply relaxed. This suggestion, once accepted by our subconscious, will allow us to deal with stressful situations in a much calmer manner once hypnosis session is ended. NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) is a modern sort of hypnotherapy. It has many excellent techniques for eliminating stress. Perhaps the technique that works best is called the “swish” pattern or the “flash” pattern. After using the “swish” pattern, our unconscious will automatically use bad, stress triggering mental images, to generate relaxing mental images. Tension, stress, anxiety, and depression can be prompted by our thoughts. So if we change our attitude and the way we feel about our situation and what we have experienced, we can dissipate these feelings easily. Hypnosis is thus an important tool that allow us to change our attitude and point of view to easily dissipate the main cause of our negative feelings and very beneficial in eliminating stress.
Parenting With Wisdom
C O MMI T ME N T
n my life I have experienced that being fully committed to something, and then re-committing when I fall short of my commitment, brings satisfying results. CONCEPT: Being able to set a goal and follow through are essential life skills. Many of us get stuck because we do not understand what gets in the way of our following through. OBJECTIVE: Noticing what gets in the way of you (and your partner, younger child or teen) and getting what you/they really want. ACTIVITIES: Part One: Decide which one of you wants to be the Explorer and which one will be the Experiencer-provider. I invite you to read this all the way through to understand the steps. Explorer – find a spot in the room with your eyes where you want to go, and go to the spot you have selected. Once you get to that spot, you visually choose another spot and go there. Continue to do this for three to five minutes. Experiencer - provider will be providing experiences for the Explorer. Such as directing traffic (guiding the Explorer away from their goal); being a burden to the Explorer (holding them back in a friendly way – hanging off them etc.); disapproving of them; distracting them; scaring them. Switch roles and repeat. Take turns sharing what you both noticed. For example which obstacle “got” you/them the most and how it affected you/them? CONCEPT SUMMARY: This activity provides playful ways to explore commitment issues and learn how to set a goal and follow it through. I plan to explore Part Two in the next issue of TONE. Rabia Wilcox is a Certified Conscious Living Coach with the Hendricks Institute www.hendricks.com. She specializes in Parents, children and Youth. 613-234-7561. For upcoming events and workshops or to order the Conscious Kids’ Curriculum as an e-book for $27.95 (US) please visit: www.rabiawilcox.com
The Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre embodies the Principles of a Learning Organization TM
Building Shared Vision: When there is a genuine shared vision, people commit and learn, not because they are led. The centre’s shared vision does not just revolve around any one person’s personal vision but by a choice. Most people in our community share an his newly established Spiritual Centre is driven by inspiring collective defined goal. the principles that facilitate continuous learning and Team Learning starts with dialogue and having personal mastery of its members by offering numerous ‘conversations’. It includes the capacity of the members opportunities for all to actively participate in multiple of a team or community to suspend assumptions and learning programs. The programs and workshops enter into a genuine process of thinking and talking are specifically and intentionally designed to build a together. To the ancient Greeks, dialogos meant a free community of spiritual practitioners who can offer flowing of meaning through a group, allowing the services within the centre, to loved ones and to the group to discover insights not attainable individually. community at large. Sunday spiritual services, workshops and the Interfaith Ministry Program are all designed around this principle. Team learning is vital because groups, not individuals, are the fundamental unit in a learning Our mandate is not just to educate, but also to train our leaders of the future organization. P l a a th u Systems Thinking is the rit Offering a Spiritual Service final component of the learning 10:30am every Sunday at the organization concept. It is this discipline that Senge believes is the Westboro Masonic Hall key that holds all the five concepts 430 Churchill Ave. N. Ottawa together as a whole. It is a conceptual framework that gives us a way of For more information on Workshops, Pastoral Counselling, Programs seeing what our real challenges are and and Worship Services ... Visit us at: getting a better understanding both www.ottawaspiritualpathways.com email@example.com as individuals and as a community of where we are right now, or seeing our current reality. It How is this consistent with a Learning Organization? also has the ability to enable us to make real and lasting According to Peter Senge, author of the Fifth beneficial change in a structure or process together as a Discipline: the Art and Practice of the Learning growing spiritual community. Organization, a learning organization is one where people are continually developing their capacities, OSPC Core Program: where new and expanding patterns of thinking are Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre ‘s Flagship nurtured, where collective aspirations are set free and Program is the Interfaith Ministry Program developed where people are continually seeing the whole together. by Reverend Nicole Moronval of Montreal and Ottawa. A Learning Organization is the term given to an The goal of the Program is to educate the members of organization that facilitates the learning of its members our community in principles of universal spirituality, and continuously transforms itself. There are five main encouraging them in means of personal growth and characteristics: personal mastery, mental models, shared self-mastery, to train those who will be our leaders of the vision, team learning and systems thinking. future. This comprehensive certificate Interfaith Ministry Personal Mastery is the discipline of continually Program and School of Development is part of OSPC’s clarifying and deepening our personal vision, of focusing mandate to teach universal principles of spirituality, our energies, of developing a capacity for learning and is intended to build the interconnectedness of its through patience, and of seeing reality objectively. It is a community and to extend it outward. cornerstone of the learning organization. A ‘Centre’ embodies a sense of a wholeness, Mental Models are deeply ingrained views, connection and continuity. In alignment with Senge’s generalizations, or even pictures or images that work, the Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre offers a influence how we understand the world and how we spiritual home of learning together as a community, take action. We are becoming more consciously aware through our many workshops and through our Sunday of our mental models or the effects they have on our spiritual services. behaviour. As such, we may be able to change these. It is ‘how we think affecting how we act.’ Submitted by: Suzanne Tellier, Director of Events
ys Centre wa
tawa Spi Ot
Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre
Acupuncture for Acne By Steve Ryu, L.Ac.
cne is a common inflammatory disease of the sebaceous follicles, characterized by comedones, papules, pustules, nodules, and in some cases, scarring. In Chinese, this condition is called “white thorns”, because of the resemblance of the lesions to thorns, and because of the white fluid that is exuded when the lesions are drained. Other Chinese names for acne include “lung-wind white thorns” (fei feng fen ci) and “wine thorns” (jiu ci). Acne is tough for teenagers. It hits them at a time when they are already struggling with self-esteem issues and only compounds problems. For adults, however, acne is even worse. Not only can you get pimples at any time in your life, but also acne scarring never goes away. It is especially embarrassing to have zits when you are a grown man or woman. There’s a difference in how western and Chinese medicine see the causes of acne. Western medicine sees it as a problem of hair follicles and skin. Hair follicles can be stuck in a clogged pore, and the whole mess becomes a pimple. Hormones and bacteria may also cause it. The skin is the largest organ of the human body. In Chinese medicine, it reflects imbalances within the body’s internal landscape and the effects of the environment. Internal disharmony caused by strong emotions, especially stress, inappropriate diet, and individual constitution, as well as environmental influences, such as wind, dryness, dampness, and heat can all contribute to the development of a skin disorder. The skin is the “opening” of lungs. The combination of environmental toxins, compromised digestion from poor diet, and hormonal imbalances directly affects the skin and causes breakouts. The major cause is ‘damp heat’ that clogs the channels through which your energy, or qi, flows. It’s especially caused by imbalance of the stomach, lungs and spleen channels. Acupuncture works to open up these channels at key points and like western medicine, help regulate hormones in the body. One area where they agree is that lifestyle plays a major role. Both Chinese and western doctors know that a diet of oily and spicy foods contributes to acne. What you put into your body comes out again.
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, L.Ac., Herbalist Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), MPA, Licensed Acupuncturist (NY); NCCAOM Diplomat in Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available
Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
Chinese medicine sees the body as a unified whole whose balance can be disrupted, and this leads to illness. Because of this, acupuncture will be used throughout the whole body to treat acne. We may focus on the channels that lead to the stomach, spleen and lungs. Along with acupuncture, traditional Chinese herbs will be recommended. These are all-natural remedies that have been used for thousands of years in China. I hate to tell you this, but they probably will not be tasty! Nevertheless, they will work. For example, acne treatments usually include very bitter-tasting herbs. These fight the damp heat that causes acne. Herbs help to detoxify your liver and the rest of your body. Results vary widely from person to person. You will get the best results by not only making your acupuncture sessions and drinking your herbal tea (or readily available herbal formulas in pill form), but also by making some changes in your lifestyle and eating habits. Seeking treatment will banish acne forever. Acupuncture is a great way to fight acne, whether you are a troubled teen or an adult that hates to get pimples
Steve Eun Kyu Ryu, L.Ac. is a licensed acupuncturist (NY) and certified herbalist at New Life Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Center in Ottawa. He is affiliated with Ottawa Fertility Centre and Riverside Acupuncture & Wellness Centre for infertility treatment. For further information or to make an appointment call 613-863-6906 or visit website http://newlifeacu.webs.com or www.acupunctureottawa.com
On the Psychoactive Drugging of Children…
Dr. Peter Breggin says “Don’t!” by Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist
hild advocates around the world are calling for a ban on the psychoactive drugging of children. Psychiatric drugs are not approved for use in children…they are prescribed off-label. Medicated children may be quieter for a while, but they often endure daily headaches, withdrawal symptoms, nausea and stomach cramps, suicidal thoughts, diabetes, stroke, depression, mania and hallucinations. Children routinely report feeling empty and unable to feel interest in anything. Most develop chronic physical health problems, stunting, obesity and uncontrollable muscular tics and movements. Many end up suffering irreversible drug-induced bi-polar disorder, as well as permanent emotional blunting. WARNING: never stop taking psychoactive drugs abruptly. Every month four North American children die from psychiatric drug side-effects; every week a child commits suicide attributed to psychiatric drugs. In 2011, a Winnipeg Judge put the blame for the stabbing of a teenager by his friend squarely on the drug Prozac. Researchers have shown repeatedly that there is no scientific support for any ‘mental disorder or illness’; they are voted in or out! The diagnosis of ADD/ADHD by the psychiatric profession is based on voodoo science, fraudulent clinical trials and misleading pharmaceutical marketing practices, the scale of which is unprecedented and well documented. (The ADHD Fraud by Fred Baughman). Prescription drug addiction is now the most serious addiction issue in North America. More children have become drug addicted, brain damaged, stunted in growth, aggressive, suicidal and permanently disabled by pharmaceutical drugs then from any other cause. (Anatomy of an Epidemic, the Emperors New Drugs by R Whittaker and Commonsense Rebellion by Bruce Levine). Bruce Levine, renowned psychologist and author, also advises parents to avoid any doctor who will label the child mentally ill or prescribe psychoactive medications as the results will stick for a lifetime. Citizens Committee on Human Rights International at www.cchrint.org, is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious mental health watchdog, responsible for helping to enact more than 150 laws protecting individuals from abusive mental health practices. Parents often seek holistic treatments after psychologists/psychiatrists and/or teachers have subjectively diagnosed their children with a mental ‘illness’, especially ADD/ADHD. This spares the child a life-long label and brain damage. When I am consulted, I observe children behaving as expected…naturally fidgety after periods of inaction,
curious, precocious, talkative and playful. Children diagnosed with ADHD typically have no ‘symptoms’ whatever when engaged in something they enjoy. Nutritional deficiencies, overexposure to neurotoxins and sugar in food and drinks, antibiotics, vaccinations, stressful home environments and bullying can all be the instigator of unwanted behaviors. Children are not ‘apprenticing adults’, disenchanted with life as most adults tend to be; they are enthusiastic and curious. Caregivers must remember that: • drugs mask boring school curriculums, incompetent teaching, home and school environments that do not meet the child’s need to feel safe, secure, loved, important and included. • drugs will never repair the damage caused by social problems such as poverty, neglect, sexual, emotional and physical abuse, or the effect of foods containing moodaltering GMOs, sugars and chemicals. • using any drug on a human brain has damaging effects. On a developing brain, normal development is prevented altogether. Short-term zombifying effects are soon replaced by irreversible behavioral problems especially aggression, hostility and suicidal ideation. • it has been objectively demonstrated by ethical doctors and researchers that the purpose of psychiatric drugging of children is the same as for the illegal drug pusher - creation of a life- long customer base. • psychiatric drugs are now the ‘gateway’ drugs - children move into adulthood as addicts, ill-equipped to handle reality. Productive coping skills cannot be learned in a zombie state. • since psychiatric drugs came on the scene in 1955, the rate of disability in North America, especially childhood disability, has skyrocketed 8-fold. Ensuring that environmental factors such as toxinfree foods, nurturing caregiver behaviors and quality education are provided is the best way to assist children to become healthy, balanced adults. Homeschooling has become a very satisfying option for both parents and children - one I highly recommend. Many parents drug their children because they feel helpless and bullied by school authorities. I can offer such parents assistance to help dissolve the emotional hurt of an unhealthy environment, resources to support parents in managing and repairing medication damage and support in standing up to school authorities. Parents can arm themselves with NON-pharmaceutical produced information (CCHRINT.org) so that when pressured to put the child on drugs, they can say ”Not so fast! What is he/she doing exactly that is not ‘normal’ for a child and define ‘normal’.” No child ever deserves permanent brain damage, physical stunting, obesity and a life of addiction and illness for responding normally to the rigors of childhood, and definitely never for the convenience
J OY F UL LIVI NG
The art and science of everyday happiness
“Since joy is the goal of all goals, therefore nothing less than perpetual joy would satisfy us” Vyasa
t was March 19, 2001, and we were spending spring holidays on the lush island of Kauai. I had not slept well for a few nights. Here I am in paradise, yet my body and mind are not happy. My morning routine is to have tea, read and then meditate. So I opened the lesson on Daily Meditations: Practicing the Course by Karen Casey. The lesson happened to be, “Perpetual Joy Is Possible.” My initial impulse was to fling the book across the room. The idea of joy seemed so discordant to the feelings of frustration, disappointment, and exhaustion that was my experiential reality of the moment! Despite a great deal of inner resistance, I decided to read the daily lesson anyway. The key points were as follows: • Nothing really matters, and this experience is merely an illusion. • Joy is our prerogative, and we do have the ability to choose. After the meditation, I decided to reread the lesson. It felt somewhat softer. I decided to go on a gentle walk to contemplate the message while enjoying the lush, green landscape of Princeville Kauai. I do not know when the shift happened, but suddenly, as though a cloud had been lifted, the mind and body were in the moment and the mood was one of acceptance, lightness of being, and joy. It was indeed a miracle! This natural state of joy and ease stayed with me during rest of the holidays in Hawaii. When we returned to Ottawa, my daughter informed me my father had a stroke and was in a coma. After a few prayerful moments, I decided to stay in Ottawa and spent the next two weeks on the phone consulting with the physicians who were looking after him, providing moral support to my mother, and praying for the highest will in this situation.
One night, I went to bed in a rather prayerful mood and found myself sending loving kindness to my father who was still in Coma. I noticed my awareness floating up and down a hollow, dimly lit shaft. Suddenly, I broke through the shaft and found myself facing many suns of brilliant white light and a panoramic view of space and planets. I am not sure how long I stayed in that state and then snapped back into body awareness with an unearthly feeling of joy, while every cell of my body was pulsing. With this feeling of joy came the acceptance and peace to face whatever Divine Will might create. My father passed away peacefully on Easter Sunday, and I was left with a deep sense of gratitude and stillness. What do we really want through all of our accomplishments, relationships, and the material world of form? On contemplation, we may realize that ultimately we all yearn for something formless like happiness, love, peace, joy, fulfillment, passion. Since these qualities are an expression of Divinity, we may find ourselves seeking the Divine without being aware of it. A- Z of…. ‘How to cultivate joy’ • Aspire with every breath. • Being before doing. • Choose being happy over being right. To experience and learn ‘How to cultivate Joy’ Rupinder and I invite you to attend our workshop….
The art and science of everyday happiness Friday May 10th ~ 8.30-4PM The Royal Ottawa Hospital. 613 739-7051 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Sunder S Arora M.D, psychiatrist, author, “Ushering in Heaven” A psychiatrist’s prescription for Healing, Joy and Spiritual awakening. http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1179647
of parents and teachers and the profit of pharmaceuticals. There should be no penalty for trying out life. Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP. Main office: Ottawa part-time office: Belleville Call toll-free number 1-888-390-3553 (local: 613-422-7027). Verifiable credentials at www.graceplacewellness.com email@example.com
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops
Visit www.pranashanti.com or call 613-761-9642 (YOGA) for more information Tune Up and Flow with Caterina Dattilo-Caron – April 2, 7:30pm & April 7, 1:30 pm This class is divided up into a yin and yang session. The first part will follow the techniques of a Yoga Tune Up® followed by a traditional Hatha practice with fluid yoga postures. The Art of Assisting with Laurie Howe – April 5-7 This training is open to everyone. As a teacher, you will gain confidence and tools in delivering assists that are direct, clear, and powerful. If you do not teach yet, you will gain a new perspective of your personal practice and a deeper understanding of energetic flow. Kirtan with Greg Kaps – April 5, 8:00pm The form of kirtan is simple: a lead calls out the melodies and the mantras, the rest of the group responds, clapping and dancing. All proceeds to Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. Qi Gong with Samer Hassan – April 8, 5:45pm 4-week series. People do Qi Gong to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds, and reconnect with their spirit. Double Gong New Moon Meditation with Devinder Kaur – April 9, 5:45pm Two Gongs played at the same time! Every New Moon, we have the opportunity to manifest a new beginning and when we come together with such an intention our efforts are enhanced. Integral Satsung Meditation with Lynne Cardinal – April 9, 7:30pm 8-week series. Integral Satsang is a multi-faceted approach to spirituality, meditation and personal development offered in a group setting. All levels welcome. Community Yoga Class with Ann-Marie Vezina – April 12, 9:30am Each month PranaShanti donates 100% of the proceeds from a Class to a local charity. This month, the proceeds of the Yoga Class go to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. Vinyasa, Zumba & Yin with Maria Figueroa – April 12, 7:30pm Join Maria Figueroa for this unique, energetic and joyful blend of Vinyasa flow, Zumba dance and Yin postures set to a consciously selected blend of music. Master Class with Wade Morrisette – Journey through the Koshas – April 13, 1:00pm This 5 hour immersion will allow an exploration of these inner dimensions with emphasis on posture and movement while exploring meditation, inner guidance and creative expression. Mantra, music and kirtan (call and response) will end our journey. Lower Back and Core Conditioning with David Wegenast– April 14, 1:30pm Drawing from his own experience of working through back pain and overcoming it, David Wegenast will get you moving with a blend of poses and exercises.
Earth DAY Yoga with Greg Kaps – April 20, 3pm Celebrate Earth Day with Earth Yoga. Through yoga and meditation let’s connect with ourselves, each other and Mother Earth. The 21 Stages of Meditation with Gurucharan Singh – April 20/21 & May 4/5 Meditation is both a skill and an experience. Gurucharan Singh was guided through the stages of meditation at the feet of Yogi Bhajan. The 21 Stages of Meditation are grouped into three ‘journeys’. Each weekend takes you through 7 stages of deep meditation. Meditators of all levels and from all traditions are invited! In the Fold with Laurie Howe – April 21, 1:30pm Folds, whether standing or seated, are super beneficial to our bodies and can open up our minds. Folds can help us deal with lower back pain, can open up our hips, and can even help us connect to very deep emotions. Full Moon Gong Meditation with Devinder Kaur – April 25, 5:45pm Learn the astrology for the Full Moon and do a short yoga set (kriya) and meditation. Class concludes with a deep relaxation with the healing sounds of the Gong and Crystal Singing Bowls! YOGA RAVE! – April 26, 8:00pm Yoga Rave is a party like none other in the world; a new concept in fun where the mind and body respond to a uniquely crafted sequence of highenergy music, movement, yoga & meditation. It gives us a new way of having fun in a drug-free, alcoholfree environment. Self-Defense with Sensei Rick Lutes – April 27, 2:00pm This self-defense workshop is designed to be fun and interactive, offering practical solutions that anyone can use to defend themselves in an instant! Sensei Rick will share different ways to view situations, how to use the mind as a “weapon” as well as some ‘typical’ combat techniques. Potluck Dinner with SimplyRAW – April 27, 6:30pm The Potlucks are open to all — you don’t have to be raw vegan to attend and enjoy. It can be as simple as a green salad, guacamole, or a lovely cut-up bowl of juicy fruit. Free admission. How to Play the Gong with Devinder Kaur – April 28, 1:00pm During the workshop you will learn how to incorporate the Gong’s healing sound and vibration into your yoga practice and classes as well as how to play the gong for relaxation, meditation, healing and therapeutic uses. FREE Spring Cleanse Information Session – May 1, 5:30pm It’s time to cleanse with our Spring 3-Day Cleanse Program! Come to this FREE Information Session, meet Kylie, ask questions and taste some of the delicious cleanse foods!
Intuitive & Psychic Powers Development Workshop Intensive Thurs. Apr. 11th, 6:30 to 9:30 pm for 10 consecutive Thurs. evenings until June 20th (no class June 13th). Only 6 participants will be accepted for this workshop. Instructor: Kerry Palframan RN. Full details at www.indigodreamer.com 613-795-1970 Know Your Soul’s Purpose Workshop Intensive Tue. Apr. 16th 6:30 to 9:30 pm for 9 consecutive Tue. evenings until June 11th. Only 6 participants will be accepted for this workshop. Instructor: Kerry Palframan RN. Full details at www.indigodreamer.com 613-795-1970 How To Communicate With Your Angels & Spirit Guides Sat. Apr. 13th, 1:30 to 4:30 pm. Only 6 participants will be accepted for this workshop. Instructor: Kerry Palframan RN. Full details at www.indigodreamer.com 613-795-1970 How To See & Sense Auras & Chakras Sun. Apr. 14th, 1:30 to 4:30 pm. Only 6 participants will be accepted for this workshop. Instructor: Kerry Palframan RN. Full details at www.indigodreamer.com 613-795-1970 Spirit Talk: Understanding Spirits’ Messages – Daytime & Dreamtime Wed. Apr. 17th, 6:30 to 9:00 pm for 8 consecutive Wed. evenings until June 5th. Only 6 participants will be accepted for this workshop. Instructor: Kerry Palframan RN. Full details at www.indigodreamer.com 613-795-1970 Discover A Past Life & Reincarnation Sun. Apr. 21st, 1:30 to 4:30 pm. Only 6 participants will be accepted for this workshop. Instructor: Kerry Palframan RN. Full details at www.indigodreamer.com 613-795-1970 Intuitive Readings With Kerry Palframan Sat. Apr. 27th, 11:00am - 12:15 pm. Kerry will be a guest speaker at The Mystical Events show at Hotel Lac-Leamy, Gatineau. Readings will be done by name draw and a French interpreter will be on hand. Cost: Free with admission to show. Free parking. More info at www.themysticalevent.com or www.indigodreamer.com . Dreams and Messages From Spirit Workshop Sun. Apr. 28th, 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm. Kerry Palframan will be a guest speaker at The Mystical Events show at Hotel Lac-Leamy, Gatineau. Cost: Free with admission to show. Free parking. More info at www.themysticalevent.com or www.indigodreamer.com Aura Protection & Grounding Sun. May 5th, 1:30 to 4:30 pm. Only 6 participants will be accepted for this workshop. Instructor: Kerry Palframan RN. Full details at www.indigodreamer.com 613-795-1970
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops 340 Gladstone Ave. 613.234.7974 ottawayoga.com
340 Gladstone Ave. 613.234.7974 ottawayoga.com
Sadhana Approx. 1-hour yoga/postures plus 1-hour beautiful chanting meditations. Challenging and exquisite, it gives you victory and strength in your life. April 7, 5-7am. Free
Learn to Meditate With Jamine Ackert Meditation is possibly the most important thing you can do to improve the overall quality of your life! Sunday, April 21 from 11 - 1pm. $25+hst per session Cost includes a copy of Jamine’s Meditation Book
Parenting with Yogic Principles with Jamine Ackert Learn how to use the ancient yogic teachings in modern, everyday family situations. Yoga can help us be more effective parents. April 11 & 18, 6:45-8pm. $40+hst (for both evenings)
Breath of Life: Expand to Infinity With Meherbani Kaur This workshop was created for Kundalini Yoga practitioners who wish to deepen their understanding and experience of this powerful technology brought to us by Yogi Bhajan. Saturday April 27th • 12:30 – 4:30pm. $75+hst
Kripalu Let Your Yoga Dance with Tara Porter Kripalu – Let Your Yoga Dance® is a unique approach to movement, combining the time honored traditions of yoga and dance in a 90 minute class. Friday, April 12th • 7:30-9pm $12+hst in advance $20+hst day of
Exploring Meditation With Monika Herr This introductory workshop provides students with the opportunity to explore various meditation techniques. Come and discover which techniques will best support your individual wellness. Saturday April 27th • 12:30 – 4:30pm. $25+hst
Breathwalk With Meherbani Kaur Meherbani Kaur will guide through the Breathwalk techniques and teach you ways to easily make Breathwalk a part of your daily routine...as easy as brushing your teeth! April 13, 1 - 3:30pm. $40+hst
The Art of Teaching Kids & Family Yoga With Viviane Ouellette This workshop is for certified yoga teachers (200hrs) who would like to learn how to adapt yoga to children ages 3 to 8. Saturday May 4th • 12:30pm - 3:30pm $90+hst or $80+hst before April 4th
Spring Detox With Tania Fréchette It’s Spring cleaning time! Discover how yoga can help you cleanse. This workshop will begin with a short lecture followed by an experiential practice. April 19, 7:30-9pm. $15+hst Mother & Daugther Yoga With Jamine and Remi Open to mothers and daughters of all ages, especially daughters ages 8-16. Brother are welcome. Come ready to stretch and have some fun! Sunday, April 20 from 11am -12pm $15+hst per pair and $5+hst per additional person Kirtan! with the Bhakti Connection Create blissful vibrations with voice and instrumentation to open the heart. April 20 1-3pm. By Donation
Discover your Wisdom with SoulCollage®! April 21, 2013, 10:00am - 4:00pm Using your imagination and intuition, along with scissors, glue, and images cut from magazines you will learn the basics for creating a deck of cards with deep personal meaning. You will learn how to use your deck to participate in self-discovery, access you inner wisdom, and answer life’s questions. The process is simple and fun and no previous art experience is needed! Cost is $65.00. For more info: www.soulcollage.com RSVP with Elise Laviolette at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPCOMING TEACHER TRAINING: Yoga for Seniors Teacher Training Part 1 & 2 ~ April 19-21 As our population ages steadfastly, understanding the common physical and mental issues and having the qualifications to teach yoga to this large segment of our population will provide teachers with a unique and very rewarding niche.
Soul Healing Evening with Master Lynda Chaplin Friday, April 19, 7 pm – 9:30 pm, Love Offering. Learn about the power of soul and receive Divine Healing Hands Soul Healing Blessings to help transform your health, relationships, finances, and more. RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7. For more information, contact Master Lynda at 416.255.8823 or LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com. Introduction to Soul Healing with Master Lynda Chaplin Saturday, April 20, 2 pm – 5 pm, $35. Learn soul wisdom and practical soul-healing techniques to empower you to optimize your health, and clear physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual blockages that may be impacting your life. RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7. For more information and to register, contact Master Lynda at 416.255.8823 or LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com. Opening Your Spiritual Channels with Master Lynda Chaplin Sunday, April 21, 10 am – 5 pm, $65. Open your spiritual channels to express your own soul’s voice for healing and life transformation. Learn soul communication to receive soul messages and guidance for any aspect of your life. RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7. For more information and to register, contact Master Lynda at 416.255.8823 or LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com.
Helping Parents Heal, death of a child afterlife/spiritual self help support. Sunday April 7th 2013, 3:00 - 5:00. Place: Jack May Chevrolet Buick 3788 Prince of Wales www.helpingparentsheal.info or email@example.com
Energy Balance Exchange: the first Friday of the month, 7-9:15pm. GET MONEY SMART A Learning series sponsored by SLOWest: Sustainable Living Ottawa West. April 4: How to create a more socially responsible portfolio: creating financially healthy, green and/or ethical portfolios. April 18: Add some local investment initiatives to your RRSP’s: Support the community and/or the environment while you add to your retirement income. Thursdays, from 6:30 to 8:30pm Mountain Equipment Co-op, 366 Richmond Rd., (upstairs). The speakers are professionals in the field, offering their time as a community service.
Guest presenter of transformation 30 minutes followed by all exchanging several mini-balance conversations/ balances for free. Ottawa Citizen Conference Centre, 1101 Baxter Road. Info: 613-769-5575 energybalanceexchange.org firstname.lastname@example.org Voluntary contribution of $5 or $7 appreciated
Free World Tai Chi & Qi Gong Day Workshop Sat. April 27, 9:00 – 10:00 am McNabb Community Centre, 180 Percy St. (near Bronson and Gladstone), Ottawa.
Donations to SLOWest are welcome.
Please register in advance by e-mailing email@example.com
Visit www.slowest.ca or email: Joyce Hardman at firstname.lastname@example.org
www.lamasqigongcanada.com/work.htm for more info.
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the laqyers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SUFI ORDER OF OTTAWA http://sufiorderofottawa.webs.com/
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. T. M. (THOME-us MARTee) TEGTMEYER, coaching and teaching transformation: balance@thomasMtegtmeyer.com; Phone: 613.769.5575. BARBARA WATERFALL, MSW, Ph.D., Reiki Master Founder of Institute of Divine Justice, Transformational Healer, Spiritual Teacher, Singer/Musician and Song Writer, and Community Builder. (613) 523-5367 email@example.com instituteofdivinejustice.com
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, individual mentoring, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: courseoasis@ primus.ca; Website: www.courseoasis.org
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arhtritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
LORI MACKAY Rmt, Cama – Trained in Medical Acupuncture at McMaster University. Providing treatment for acute and chronic Musculoskeletal Disorders and injuries such as, joint, neck, shoulder and back pain, headaches, tendonitis, carpal tunnel, arthritis, and more. Acupuncture can be performed alone or in conjunction with massage therapy treatment. 2 convenient locations: 418 Rideau St. Please call: (613)-241-3434. Please call: (613)-727-7246 for more info contact Lori at email@example.com or www.lorirmt.ca HARMONY ACUPUNCTURE, Rural Kanata location, Alice Kwasniok, Dr. Ac. and TCM, MSc, member of CMAAC, graduate of ACOS, Nelson, BC. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine for prevention and treatment of a variety of acute and chronic conditions. Weight loss and detoxification, anti-aging facial rejuvenation. 613-832-0658. www.harmonyrevival.com PAIN RELIEF; correction of chronic conditions; addiction relief; weight loss; pro-active tune-up for health maintenance. Meridians Clinic (613) 728-2579 www.naetottawa.com
• Addictions SEX ADDICTS ANONYMOUS (SAA). A 12 step group to stop compulsive behaviour. Phone 786-1060.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Psychic Medium, Empath, Intuitive Energy Therapist, Reiki Master, Certified Hypnotherapist. Akasha is the fundamental energy at the very core of creation. All that is created emanates from and returns to the energy of the Akasha. Held within the Akasha are the individual records of each soul from the time it leaves its point of origin until its return. Every thought, word, deed and intent generated by each soul’s experience is recorded within the Akasha in one’s personal Akashic Records as well as in a collective recording of the experience. Accessing information from the Akashic Records gives us Divine insight as we create and manifest our desires. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alexander Technique ELENA CALVO. Certified teacher(England) Personalized mind and body work. English, Spanish, and French spoken. Health Insurance covered. (819) 771-0110. THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech BRIGITTE CARON fully bilingual, certified teacher (also speaks Spanish). 317 Chapel (@ Laurier). 789-7972.
• Allergy treatment ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier incorporates various modalities, including family constellation work, into a unique and compelling Emotional Freedom Techniques session. EFT is gentle yet powerful energy work that allows you to release any negative memories and feelings that are blocking you from moving forward in life. 613 297 8293, firstname.lastname@example.org, reiki-light.com THREELIGHTS HEALING INC I am a Certified Angel Therapy Practitioner/ Certified Intuitive Life Coach/Usui Reiki MasterTeacher/Certified Magnified Healer/Clairvoyant Medium. Integrated Healing Therapy Sessions with messages from your angels. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org VONNE SOLIS. www.vonnesolis.com. 613-258-3550 DISCOVER YOUR WISDOM WITH SOUL COLLAGE®. Fun, creative workshops and one on one sessions. www.soulcollage.com, Elise Laviolette 613-864-6377, email@example.com BARBARA WATERFALL is a conduit for the Ascended Master, Angelic and Elemental Realms, offering empowered Higher Guidance, as well as profound Transformational Healing Sessions, using the modalities of Wholistic Rebirthing, and Advanced gTummo (Sacred Fire) Blessings. (613) 523-5367 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aqualead AQUALEAD ENERGY - Healing water, environmental healing. Level I, II and Master classes. Free of charge, donations accepted. Sabine Blais, Aqualead & Reiki Master. email email@example.com for schedules, www. aqualeadinstitute.org (819) 230-6638.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Art / Art Therapy SCULPTURE FROM THE HEART: a powerful creative process. Hilde Paz, Qualified Steiner Sculpture therapist (UK). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org JOURNEY THROUGH THE RAINBOW: Participants gain a greater understanding of themselves by exploring the seven colours of the rainbow through art, visualization, sound and food. A “sense”-ational experience! Tammy Smith 613-799-1022 Tammy_reiki@hotmail.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, email@example.com CRAIG GRANT has studied with Noel Tyl, Jeffrey Green, and Philip Sedgwick. He’s the author of WHY ASTROLOGY WORKS. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aura Photography AURA PHOTO & Chakra Balancing Aura pic & interpretation, Colour therapy, Clear blockages, Healing. Rina Soucy 613-841-8651
• Ayurveda NOEL SMITH-SPARROW: Ayurvedic lifestyle Consultant, phone: (613) 294-7798 email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health HOLISTIC ESTHETICIAN. Non-surgical Facelift hydrate, rejuvenate, healing your skin.Pure organic skin care product. Call Dina 613-526-1255 NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com LORI HOLLOHAN, M.A. Advanced Certified BodyTalk Practitioner, Yoga Teacher and Reiki II. Tel: (613) 866-7091; Email: info@ lorihollohan.com; Web: www.lorihollohan.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWENTHERAPY OTTAWA Bette Madigan. www.BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) 376 Churchill Ave. Suite 203 (Westboro Clinic) insurance receipts available. Call 613-722-4249 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org MARIANNA MEDVID, Registered Bowen Therapist, Homeoplus Outaouais Clinic, Hull. Pain relief and body balancing. 819-777-1818 (w) or 613-291-6651(c) email@example.com; bowentherapyhealing.ca. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis - True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Ceremonies CARRIE RATHWELL, CEREMONIALIST. Personalized ceremonies created for and with you: weddings, funerals, baby and family ceremonies, rites of passage, pet funerals, shamanic journeys for ceremonies, and more. 613-237-1473. www.carrierathwell.com
• Chakra Balancing
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-7311532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Clinics PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 5674444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www. killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PHYSICAL DYNAMICS PHYSIOTHERAPY CENTRE now offering cranio-sacral therapy and somato-emotional release with Mélanie Mainville RPT, CAFCI. Other services include orthopedic and sports physiotherapy, acupuncture, dry needling and massage therapy by RMT. Covered by most extended health care plans. By appointment 613-741-0923.
• Clubs and Women OWLS Club: socially-responsible club for ladies 40+, for friendship, support and co-creation. For info or to join: www.owls-club.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Co-dependence Issues YOU CAN RECOVER FROM CODEPENDENCE. Your guide and spiritual counsellor, Deanna Rutherford, invites you to call for a consultation – 613-829-9102.
www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. T. M. (THOME-us MARTee) TEGTMEYER, Functional, Integrative and Vibrational transformation. By appointment only. Phone: 613.769.5575 ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: email@example.com MARLENE NEUFELD, MSW, RSW, AND BOB NEUFELD, M.ED., help couples create closer loving relationships. We specialize in two-on-two couples coaching/psychotherapy. Experience our life changing approach which will help you learn skills and techniques that facilitate lasting personal change in a faster and easier way than traditional talk-therapy. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-chargeto you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248.
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com NURTURING A LOVING RELATIONSHIP with your embodied wisdom thru Focusing, NVC & Yoga. Phone/Skype, in person. Shulamit Day Berlevtov 613-868-9642 www.shula.ca
KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 MARY O’KEEFFE, MA., MSc., Clinical member, Ontario Society of Psychotherapists. Mindfulness & Compassion-Based therapy, for emotional balance, anxiety, stress, burnout, grief, relationship and childhood issues. Experienced therapist, Integrative & Holistic...613-608-7809 www.mindfultherapyottawa.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. ALYCE SNOW - M.Psy. (over 40 yrs exp.) Grandir ensemble au rythme des saisons .. Developing one’s feeling of wholeness/harmony Famille - couple - individuel - mini groupes Growing pains -relationships -life transitions Mieux traverser les moments imp/ difficiles Stress relief through artistic self-expression .. Vers une meilleure contribution sociale *daytime or evenings (613) 741-5632 LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 firstname.lastname@example.org SONJA MULLER, R.N, Healer, Sat Guru Teacher Ashtanga Yoga Therapist, and Health Coach. Practicing the Path of the Rose in the Lotus of Life as a teacher of the Revealed Teachings of Christ. Renewal of faith, and spirit through conversion and the path of the rose of spiritual understanding and awakening. 613 795-4583. Retreats, personal therapy, path work, initiation, workshops, trainings by appointment. GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. 613-828-2836 BARBARA WATERFALL, MSW, Ph.D. Explore the transformational and powerful practice of Wholistic Rebirthing. Described as “the Grandmother I have always been looking for,” Barbara gently facilitates the release and the removal of the cause, effect, record and memory of trauma, and other emotional residue of distress. (613) 523-5367 email@example.com
• Couples MARLENE AND BOB NEUFELD help couples who want to create a closer, more loving relationship with one another. Learn how to avoid the common relationship problems of criticism, defensiveness, or just drifting apart. Experience Bob and Marlene’s life changing approach, which includes their ability to bring a couple’s perspective to helping other couples. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-charge-to you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248.
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. DENISE GAULIN, B.A., CST Since the early 1990’s, Denise offers individual CranioSacral Therapy (CST) and SomatoEmotional Release (SER) sessions; she also has a specialization and a vast experience in pediatric CST and Visceral Manipulation (Barral). Denise is a certified CranioSacral therapist and certified teaching assistant for all levels of coursework (Upledger). Tutorials are offered to students of CST and SER. By appointment. Tel. 613-738-9080 WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www. WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Light-touch soft tissue and nervous system therapy. Targets dysfunction and honours body’s own intelligence for healing. Also decreases depression, anxiety, stress. Increases range of motion, longevity, quality of life.
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com.
• Crystal Singing Bowls & Intuitive Voice DEEP SOUL ENERGETICS Pamela Holm. Intuitive voice and Crystal Singing bowls sessions. Group and individual. Music Therapist, Karmic Master. Also DNA/karmic healing. www.PamelaHolm.ca 613-829-1556 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Crystals Ascension Healing – Full-time Crystal Shamanic Healing Practice: Crystal Healing, Soul Retrieval, Entity Extraction, Ancestral Healing, Space Clearing ▪ 2-year Certification Training Program in Crystal Shamanism ▪ Crystal Workshops ▪ Sacred
Travel ▪ Crystal Store: Geodes, Crystals, Jewelry, Books, Shamanic Supplies. Karen Osborne: www.ascensionhealing.ca, 613798-2828 email@example.com
• Dance DANCES OF UNIVERSAL PEACE: Join us in simple, meditative multi-cultural circle dances that use sacred phrases from the many sacred traditions of the earth to touch the spiritual essence within ourselves and others. For more information call 613-594-9248, checkour schedule at www.marleneandbob. com or email firstname.lastname@example.org BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com PEACOCK DYNASTY DANCE STUDIO: Specializing in Bollywood, Indian Classical Dance Style-Bharata Natyam, Indian Folk, & Persian/Bollywood Fusion. Please contact Sem at email@example.com or 613-286-6484 or visit www.peacockdynasty.com
• Dementia AN ALTERNATIVE, UNCONVENTIONAL, AND HOLISTIC approach to Memory Loss. Mark Andrews 613-257-0003 www.karmaiskarma.com
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362 ION CLEANSE” Foot Bath Detox, fast, easy, effective way to detox the body in 30 min. Also offering “CHI MACHINE and FAR INFRARED DOMES’ sessions. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna-Foley 613-842-3337 email@example.com OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com IONCLEANSE™ FOOT BATH with full nutritional support for the ongoing process of detoxing. Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613)272-2739
• DNA/Karmic Healing/Sound Healing DEEP SOUL ENERGETICS Refresh the spirit & progress on ascension path through releasing problems at the root, within the DNA, from this and other lifetimes, and throughout the existence of the soul. Intuitive sound work with Crystal Singing bowls & voice with Music Therapist, Karmic Master. www.PamelaHolm.ca 613-829-1556 email@example.com
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260 LEARN THE ART OF DOWSING using various tools and techniques. Individual and group classes. Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Doula DEATH DOULA and End-of-Life Shaman, Oneon-one consultations, workshops, mediumship. Trained to aid and support individuals in their dying processes. Debbie Charbonneau, 613823-0384, www.debbiecharbonneau.ca
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282 DREAM INTERPRETATION: Using Jungian approach and method of working with dreams. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778.
• Ear Candling EAR CANDLING - HYGIENIC. Fireresistant head cover. Riverside Health Centre. Dina (613) 526-1255.• Eco-Friendly
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE AND EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE to release blocks and empower you to step into your magnificence. Catherine McLenaghan, certified Donna Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. Call 613-730-0411. Private sessions and ongoing classes.www.energywellspring.com
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique EMOTIONAL, MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL PAIN AND STRESS can lead to physical pain and illness. Life is too short to live with pain of any kind! EFT is an important tool in getting rid of pain - and also in removing the negativity that blocks you from manifesting and attracting the positive and allowing for fullness of self and your divine plan. Tap into emotional freedom try it on EVERYTHING! Diane Lanthier (613) 297-8293 www.reiki-light.com
VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and im-balances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy ENERGY TRANSFORMATIONAL FACILITATOR The Art of Neutrality - sessions available by phone, distance or in person Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858 EXPLORE THE USE OF ARCHETYPAL ENERGY FREQUENCIES to clear-change-enhance patterns-take action rather than reaction. Nancy 613-596-0260
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. MARTIN DESLAURIERS – Physical and emotional healing. From injuries to chronic diseases, pain, burnout, grief. Grounding and self-healing group sessions. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com QUANTUM HEALING -Past Life Regression; Any health issue, Any Question -Dolores Cannon Hypnotherapy Method - Contact Nancy McColl 613-237-4904 email: email@example.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified HEALING FROM WITHIN. Energywork and Bodywork through Inner Knowing. Contact Jim Holland at 613-824-1181 THREELIGHTS HEALING INC Experience the amazing healing benefits of integrating your Healing Sessions with messages from your Angels. Private treatments & Classes/ Workshops for all levels. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit • Jurlique Organic Skin Care. Gayle Mickelson 613.830.5764
• Feldenkrais Method KAREN MEREDITH, Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practioner, www.beyondmovement.ca or 613-761-6200
• Feng Shui BALANCE - HARMONY - ENERGY Enhancing spaces that transform your life. Registered Interior Designer and Certified Feng Shui Consultant. Specializing in Space and Clutter Clearing, Space Planning, Design and Decoration, Colour and Light, Renovation and Construction. Pamela Burns, ARIDO, IDC, Reiki Master (613) 741-4055 CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com FENG SHUI OTTAWA. Maggie Huang, Feng Shui Master practitioner and Consultant, have been providing professional consultations for homes and business-es since 2001, with a proven track record of success. She also offers workshops at East Wind in Westboro in the 4th Saturday of each month. Maggie has studied under Lillian Too, the world’s foremost Feng Shui Master from Asia. She applies her expertise using a combination of traditional and contemporary technique, practical on uplifting and envisioning your life. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit 361Richmond Rd. 613 729-8813. www.eastwindottawa.ca
• Feng Shui Workshops PRACTITIONER/FACILITATOR LINDA THERRIEN from Life Health Healing Center provides two workshops. Introduction to Feng Shui with compass and Advanced Feng Shui with crystals both include certificates. Let Feng Shui in your home and in your life help you achieve Harmony, Abundance, Happiness and more. Workshops are held on the third Saturday or Sunday of each month from 1pm to 5pm. Pre-registration required. Linda is the founder and teacher of Dimensional Meditation with crystals. Call: 613-824-4548 or visit www.lifehealthhealing.com FAMILY PLANNING CONSULTING using the highly successful Lunar Phase Method. One time fee of $100.00 includes personalized profile and follow up. Nancy at 613-324-4458 or fertility-wheel @hotmail.com. “WOMEN UTILIZING MIND/BODY TECHNIQUES such as hypnosis have a 42 –55% increased rates of conception” Engage the power of your subconscious mind to
enhance fertility with hypnotherapy. Visit: www.empowerhypnosis.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can support you through all phases of life. Gentle release of blocks and patterns, healing of old wounds, assistance with acute or chronic issues. Californian, Pacific and Bach essences. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custom-made foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at dr.gauthier@ sympatico.ca or www.spineandfoot.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gluten Free SOUPE, HÉ! SEASONAL SOUPS -- delicious gluten-free, vegetarian soups and potages finally! Sold in fine food and health food stores in the Outaouais. www.soupehe.com
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hadoscan HADOSCAN Sessions available by phone, distance or in person Contact Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healing From The Core AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, email@example.com, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Tools for whole body presencing, pain and trauma releasing.
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Health Kinesiology www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362. Treat causes, not symptoms
• HeartMath® 1:1 Coaching BREATHE THROUGH THE HEART AND STOP REACTING UNCONSCIOUSLY. Self Regulation, Energy Management, Optimal Performance. Contact Robbin Zrudlo at firstname.lastname@example.org. www.healandevolve.ca
• Herbalism KATHLEEN LEESON RH, is one of two registered Clinical herbalists in the region with the Ontario Herbalists Association, a professional regulating body. We have developed educational standards, a Professional Scope of Practice, a Professional Code of Practice and a Professional Code of Ethics. See www. herbalists.on.ca. I has been studying, working, growing, sharing, teaching, journeying and playing with the plants since 1982. I specialize in the Art and Science of natural healing and am available for one-on-one appointments in downtown Ottawa at (613) 237-1473. I also teach The Wisdom of Plants Herbal Apprenticeship Program (See its Facebook page) starting yearly in May. www.kathleenleeson.ca ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-6121181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Herbs JUDY’S ORGANIC HERBS Canada’s favourite source for medicinal herbs & health items. Huge selection of highest-quality organic bulk herbs, tinctures, oils & more including vibrant premium herbs from our gardens. Mailed to your home or office. www.earthmedicine.ca 613-832-8241
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hotstone Healing www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362 JOIN HOT STONE ENERGY THERAPIST and Reiki Master Pauline Brown A.N.N. member for the utmost in healing, relaxation, and a wonderful state of well-being. $75.00 for 90 minute session. Call: 819-684-7885 or visit: www.healinghandswithpauline.ca. Receipts provided and gift certificates available
• Hypnotherapy AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www.graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 firstname.lastname@example.org RID YOURSELF OF OLD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS. Hypnosis and HypnoAcupuncture. SLEEP despite your partner’s snoring thanks to hypnosis. Weight loss, Drug, Smoking, Sex, Food and Gambling addictions. Age regression to correct decades old influences. Hypnosis by Judy Spence (CH), National Guild of Hypnotists-certified. Ottawa 613-7282579 OR Gatineau: 819-661-1061. 1st session: $100. Subsequent $80. Insurance receipts. www.naetottawa.com FOR WEIGHT LOSS, TO STOP SMOKING, confidence and much more. Lynne Cardinal NGH certified. (613) 7217888 or www.kaivalya.ca MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-2056670 www.martinebrisson.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com MOIRA HUTCHISON CTACC DHP Acc. Hyp.: With a blend of Hypnotherapy and Coaching, the focus is placed upon what YOU want and together we make it happen in the right way for you (613) 432-1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www. ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks...Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE? Do you need help doing it?
Holistic hypnosis guides you to your unique solutions and a better life! Priscilla Corcoran, Radiant Changes, in west end at Vitallife (613) 798-9994; east end at (613)859-3902, www. radiantchanges.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com Experience the rejuvenating power of REIKI & INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE (IHM) with Juane, Reiki Master and IHM Certified Practitioner Available Thurs., Fri. & Sat. at Classy Nails & Spa Inc., 260 Centrum Boulevard. 613-834-9922 $40/60 minutes, $25/30 minutes.
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Life Coach HELPING GUIDE YOU to live your best life! Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com THREELIGHTS HEALING INC I am a Certified Intuitive Life Coach/Usui Reiki Master-Teacher/Magnified Healer/Certified Angel Therapy Practitioner/Clairvoyant Medium. Take control of your Life now. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Psychic Readings LINDA THERRIEN World Known Medium Clairvoyant. Using Crystals, Chinese Astrology and Channeling Cards, my Readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and Spiritual Healing. I am accurate, dependable and gifted. I am Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, Past Life Regression Channeling Facilitator and a Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner. (613824-4548) www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca
MOIRA HUTCHISON CTACC DHP Acc. Hyp.: Connect to your Higher Self and your Inner Wisdom. For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. On-line, by phone and in person (613) 432-1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com INTUITIVE COUNSELING, Reiki Training and Energy Therapies are accessible through practitioner and authour Cheryl Jiala Driskell. Please view my site for testimonials and details. Hope to see you soon. www.intuitivelight.com GAIN INSIGHT, Guidance, Clarity, Direction, Validation and more. Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756. EVELYNE LEMIEUX-NAULT, Accredited Journey Practitioner/Visionary Leadership Coach. Address the root cause of emotional and physical issues. Open to the wisdom, freedom and love within yourself. English and French. 613-824-3368. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Kinesiology CHECK Health Kinesiology / Rica Gerhardt T. M. (THOME-us MARTee) TEGTMEYER. Instructor: Touch For Health,® Brain Gym®, “Beyond Belief Synthesis”, “Ultimate Efficiency”, other. Phone: 613.769.5575
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca ARCHETYPAL DOUBLE ENERGY LABYRINTH learn the benefits and processes to utilize the emanating energy from two and three dimensional double labyrinths. Nancy 613-596-0260
HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Life-Cycle Celebrant CERTIFIED LIFE-CYCLE CELEBRANT and trained labyrinth facilitator available for funerals, life event celebrations,memorials, anniversaries, naming ceremonies, special birthdays, pet funerals, pregnancies and other life events. Visit www.thresholds.weebly.com or call Patti at 613-253-3099.
• LifeLine Technique MASTERY UNLIMITED The LifeLine Technique™ offers you the opportunity to view symptoms of Pain, Fear, and Challenges as gifts for self-healing using the power of Infinite Love and Gratitude. To learn more visit: www.masteryunlimited.ca and call Graham Wiseman: 819-483-0667 email: graham@ masteryunlimited.ca or Judy MacLeod: 613-8507780 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
• Lymphatic VODDER METHOD. Effective treatment for acute & chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM, RN. 613-728-2579 www.naetottawa.com
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. BODY MASSAGE & Manual Lymph Drainage. Reiki. Insurance coverage available. Riverside Health Centre. Dina (613) 526-1255. Also in Valdes-Monts, Québec. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427
• Massage Therapy LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS Effective treatment of many chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM RN. 613-7282579 www.naetottawa.com CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca JENNIFER PRESLEY, RMT. Massage Therapy, Craniosacral, Reiki lll, Shamanic energy work. Vibrant Health Massage, 190 Somerset St W (at Elgin), Suite 208. email@example.com 613-237-4400 www.vibranthealthmassage.ca NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca LORI MACKAY RMT, CAMA – Feeling stress, pain, or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Receipts issued. 2 Convenient locations: 418 Rideau St. Please Call (613)-241-3434. Please call: (613)-727-7246 For More Info Contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Lymph drainage (Vodder), Reflexology, Shiatsu, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Variety and Range of Modalities - Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates -504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
LYMPH DRAINAGE, MASSAGE. Detoxify body. Reduce cellulite, edema. Effective for fibromyalgia. Dina (613) 526-1255.
KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com
RE - SELF - ING, a Journey to Wholeness, orthotherapie, swedish massage, reiki. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna 613842-3337 email@example.com YONG KAI, RMT, Registered Massage Therapist. Stress & Tension, Back & Neck Pain, Stress & Tension, Muscle Strains, Headaches & Migraines, Sciatica, Tendonitis, Sport Injuries (613) 435-6988, cell (613) 852-4852. Insurance Accepted. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Matrix Energetics MATRIX ENERGETICS - Facilitator in the Art of Transformation Certified Practitioner since 2007 sessions available by phone, distance or in person Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www. VisionofSpirit.com. Medical Intuitive, Medium, Spiritual and Emotional Counsellor. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Colour healing. Teaches intuitition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary, environment or inherent factors that may endure. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com KNOW ROOTS OF ILLNESS; Shift; Change; Heal. Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-841-2894 or email@example.com or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Tantra Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations given by Chris Simmonds including, chakra awareness, and Sahaj Meditation techniques in the Tantra tradition. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613730-2622 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. DYNAMIC MEDITATION. Learn the lifechanging techniques of deep mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace and wellbeing. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion, development of chakras. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; email@example.com. MEDITATION CLASSES: Explore great philosophical traditions and various meditation techniques. Contact us at (613) 721-7888 or www.kaivalya.ca
THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. firstname.lastname@example.org 1 800 226 4428 GROUNDING AND SELF-HEALING group sessions. Emotion integration and transmutation. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com DOROTHY ALLEMANG offers Sonic Meditations For You. Four guided meditations for relaxation and healing. Gongs, crystal bowls, waterphone and ocean drum enhance the deep meditative state. Music by Johannes Welsch. www.sonicmeditationsforyou.com or phone 613-864-3520 A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: email@example.com or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org LEARN TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES that will bring the meditative process into daily living... ISUL method...Nancy 613-596-0260
• Meditation on CD JENNIFER BERNIUS guides you through 5 soothing and inspiring meditations to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. This CD, Into the Silence, with gorgeous musical accompaniment, will revitalize your daily meditation practice, helping to open your chakras and awakening you to the healing power of light. Cost: $20. 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 BARBARA WATERFALL, MSW, Ph.D., Reiki Master -- Find your voice and take your place in the Universe, through Drumming and Healing Circles, Rituals, Advanced gTummo (Sacred Fire) Blessings, and Meditations with Crystal Bowls. (613) 523-5367 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Music & Meditation FOR CHILDREN & TEENS, including those with autism, emotional challenges; adults for personal growth & healing, palliative care, with Pamela Holm, Accredited Music Therapist and healing intuitive. 613-829-1556, email@example.com, www.PamelaHolm.ca
• N.A.E.T. ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy &
infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 300 Preston St. 613-728-9100, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. email@example.com; (613) 842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. DILEEP KORAH, BSc, BEd, ND. Classical osteopathy. Naturally treating the cause of pain and imbalance in order to re-establish optimal health. 200-2211 Riverside Dr. 613-521-5355
• Past Life and Spiritual Journeys ALLAN GREEN, Master Past Life and Spiritual Journey Facilitator since 1982; Allan sees what you see & feels what you feel. Eliminate Fears, Blockages, Pain from Past Life wounds.
Find your Mission/Purpose, Meet Spirit Guides. Talk with People crossed over. Clear up people issues, that holds you back. www.allangreen.ca firstname.lastname@example.org 1-877-213-7576.
• Physiotherapy MELANIE MAINVILLE RPT, CAFCI. Offering an integrative practice which weaves traditional orthopedic physiotherapy with craniosacral therapy, somato-emotional release and acupuncture. Gently guiding self-correction of the nervous system to facilitate maximal recovery from injury and chronic ailments. Covered by most extended health care plans. By appointment 613-407-3449. www.iahp. com/MelanieMainville
• Pranic Healing NO-TOUCH HEALING that works on the energy body (the blueprint of the physical body). Treats physical injuries & diseases, emotional, & mental ailments. (Broken bones, migraines, poor vision, liver disease, muscle pain, general fatigue, stress, anger, PTSD, neurological disorders, etc. as well as blocks to career, relationships, & financial success, and for maintenance of good health. The list is endless.) Email or call Faye Healey to book a session: email@example.com, 613282-0801. Visit pranichealingontario.ca
• Qigong LAMAS QI GONG Association offers Qi Gong and Tai Chi courses at various locations in Ottawa. The classes are taught by Master Philip Lai (a certified naturopath therapist who has 30 years of experience teaching Qi Gong, Kung Fu and traditional Chinese medicine) and associates. Qi Gong helps to reduce your stress, control pain and allergies, strengthen your self-healing ability and increase your energy level. Training to become a certified instructor and private consultations with Master Lai are also available. For more information, contact Catherine at 613-737-0553 or visit www.lamasqigongcanada.com CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:15-10:45am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@ gmail.com
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Raw Foods & Hemp EAT RAW, CREATE HEALTH. Share Raw, Create Wealth! Try our hemp Pulse, 26 raw and clean whole foods in one sacred geometry, tasty treat! www.healthy-income.ca.
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. email@example.com Visit: www.TheReconnection.com JACKIE LOGSDAIL, RECONNECTIVE HEALING PRACTIONER, and Reconnection™. Allow the universe to give you an energy healing through the mind, body or spirit. For an appointment or information call 613-440-1204 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY - the healing touch providing holistic reflexology to clients for over 13 years. Home-based practice in Orleans. Hospital, retirement & nursing home visits provided. RAC certified reflexologist, RN, SCM, MA, CCRP. For more information contact valerie cronin at 613 837 9435 email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology, Shiatsu, Lymph drainage, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca DEB DESJARDINS 613-435-2100. Homebased in Kanata. angelwingreflexology.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com ENJOY AN HOUR OF HEAD, FEET & HANDS REFLEXOLOGY. Great for stress, relaxation and general well-being. Nancy 613-596-0260
• Reiki DINA. Usui Reiki Master. Harmonize body. mind and emotional system. Bring peace of mind. Sessions and training for all levels. Riverside Health Centre. 613-526-1255.
VISION REIKI- CATHERINE BASTEDO Holographic-Usui Reiki Master. Personalized Reiki classes in English or French; individual sessions, daytime/week ends. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. Call 819-778-2590 firstname.lastname@example.org RAINBOW OASIS: Usiu Master / Teacher / Practitioner. Experience the natural healing, relaxing and balancing effect of Reiki Energy. For personalized sessions, contact Dianne at email@example.com or call 613-733-9481 LIFE HEALTH HEALING CENTER Linda Therrien, Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master/ Teacher. Weekly classes and treatment sessions. Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, weekly private classes. Call: 613-824-4548 www.lifehealthhealing.com MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master/ Teacher. USUI system of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Spiritual and Emotional Counsellor. Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life Information. Colour healing. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit. com www.WindowtotheSoul.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com iHEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org REIKI EXCHANGE/HEALING GROUP is held every Thursday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for World Peace, situationsand individuals. Those who wish to participate or have requests, please call Vera or Pesi at (613) 829-0224 or email: email@example.com BRING BALANCE BACK INTO YOUR LIFE. Melt away stress. Nurture your soul. Reiki is an ancient alternative therapy used in the treatment of many conditions. Reiki will balance the chakras and eliminate blockages to help you reach the road to full health. Call today and begin the journey to healing. Elsy David, RP, IARP tel: 613-798-6865 or www.samsarareiki. com REIKI MASTER: I have been trained in the Usui method and have been practicing since 1989. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com UNIVERSAL LIFE FORCE-MASTER REIKI CLASSES 3 in 1 based on Usui Method...individual and small classes. Nancy 613-596-0260
ANNA GREEN, MA - SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – www.spiritwell.ca - 613-729-2775. Bodycentered Process Work, Spiritual Care, Reiki & Training, Chakras, Aromatherapy, Bach Remedies, Muscle testing, SET, EFT, Meridians/ Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime - Civic Hospital Area. REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEB DESJARDINS 613-435-2100. Homebased in Kanata. angelwingreflexology.ca FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307.
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. email@example.com MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com BEAUTIFUL LOG CABIN by a pond in a wooded area, private, ideal for retreat or peaceful getaway. Located near Killaloe, close to Algonquin Park. For rent all seasons call 613-625-2200. www.lindenpondcottage.com RADIANT PINES ECO-CABIN RETREAT - Lanark Highlands! Runs on solar energy; located on 23 acres of tranquil woodlands. Sleeps 4; open year round. BodyTalk Energy Medicine and possible yoga sessions. www.lorihollohan.com
ALLAN & CATHERINE GREEN Personal customized Up-levelling Retreats for people using our services, on the Canadian Shield in OMPAH, 45 minutes North West of Perth. www.allangreen.ca www.catherinegreen. net www.crystalearthhealingspa.com 613479-0299 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
• Rolfing JULIA BERG, Certified Rolfer and Rolf Movement Practitioner. 69 Holland Avenue, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 0X9. (c) 613-894-3663.
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Schools THE 8TH FIRE - School for professional training and development in the Algonquin Healing Arts of Shamanism, Spiritual Healing, and Energy Medicine. Two-year professional training program and certification offered, among the most comprehensive Shamanic Training programs in the world, taught by a Traditional Algonquin Medicine Person. Many teachings are unique and exclusive to this training alone. Phone 613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com for more info.
• Shamanism (Traditional & Authentic) ALGONQUIN MEDICINE MAN - Spiritual Healing & Energy Medicine, offering a comprehensive listing of services and ceremonies to help facilitate healings on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. Traditionally trained Algonquin Healer available at (613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com.
• Shamanism KATHLEEN LEESON RH, is a Shamanic Healer and Clinical Herbalist, since 1995 treating physical and energetic-based problems. I offer Shamanic processes in order to alter unwanted experiences or memories at the root of disease. If needed, we may do Extraction, Soul Retrieval or other types of repair work to restore balance. I also design appropriate light-and life-filled botanical formulations for your health, if needed. I am available for one-on-one appointments in downtown Ottawa at 613-237-1473. I also offer the Wisdom and Happiness Program: Fulfilling Your Life’s Purpose, in order to aid soul growth. Visit www.kathleenleeson.ca Facebook: Kathleen Leeson RH ASCENSION HEALING – Full-time Crystal Shamanic Healing Practice: Crystal Healing, Soul Retrieval, Entity Extraction, Ancestral Healing, Space Clearing ▪ 2-year Certification Training Program in Crystal Shamanism ▪ Crystal Workshops ▪ Sacred Travel ▪ Crystal Store: Geodes, Crystals, Jewelry, Books, Shamanic Supplies. Karen Osborne: www.ascensionhealing.ca, 613798-2828 firstname.lastname@example.org LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood
issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 email@example.com www.lindaenergyhealer.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu, Reflexology, Lymph drainage, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 JURLIQUE - The Purest Skin Care on Earth Organic, Biodynamic, Australian. Holistically formulated, preserving the life force and vibration of natural herbs, enhancing potency to rejuvenate your skin. Luscious aromas. Gayle Mickelson 830-5764 HOLISTIC ESTHETICIAN provide organic skin care product that purifie the skin - incorage skin self regulate. 613-526-1255.
• Spa Days www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. with Rev. Nicole Moronval, President and Founder, Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill ave. N. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices., reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM CODEPENDENCE. Your guide and spiritual counsellor, Deanna Rutherford, invites you to call for a consultation – 613-829-9102
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at email@example.com
• Spiritual Empowerment Coach CAROL A. THROOP is a spiritual intuitive, she has been a Spiritual teacher and
coach since 1995. Carol will help you find your path in life. If you cannot come to her, telephone consultation is also available. Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-440-4120 for your personalized appointment. Visit http://www.empoweryourspirit. weebly.com/ today. Gift certificates available and PayPal payment option.
• Spiritual Medium FIND OUT HOW LOVED ONES ARE DOING on the other side and more. Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www. inspiritworks.com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tai Chi WEEKLY TAI CHI (Yang style) classes at PranaShanti (PS) Yoga Centre. Every Sunday from 1:30-3 pm. Suited for intermediate and advanced practitioners. For more info call Jurgen Portz at 613-721-7888 or PS at 613-761-9642.
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org TAROT READINGS with DAVID CLOUDS. If you’re looking for a Reading, it’s a good indication that you would benefit from having one. I no longer . Read at Oh So Good Cafe but have moved to a home practice & house calls. Please visit my website, davidclouds.com, or ring 613 619 5977 TAROT INTERPRETATION BY SUZANNE DUC. Private consultation and party readings available. Home page at www.facebook.com/ sdtarot. Contact (613) 841-2597 or suzanne. email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
• Thai Massage LORI MACKAY RMT, CAMA - Looking for a way to reduce stress and relax? Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. Convenient downtown location: 418 Rideau St. Please Call (613)-241-3434. For More Info Contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation, effective pain relief, supports healing on any level. For acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will
also treat animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNORecognized Practitioner, 613-820-4303 or email@example.com
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN, B.A., CST offers visceral manipulation sessions for adults, children and infants. She is a certified CranioSacral therapist and has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appointment. Tel. 613-738-9080 AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, email@example.com, 613697-5644. Receipts available. Gentle hands-on abdominal treatment dialogues with body’s proprioceptive awareness, facilitating physical and emotional trauma release. Improves structure and function. Complements conscious eating, exercise and supplementation for optimal health.
• Visionary Art SPIRITPAINTING® – using the Lightwolf method. Offering workshops, exhibitions, books, reproductions, and originals on paper and larger pieces on canvas. Commissioned spiritpaintings® and readings are also available. For more information contact: Jen 613266-8063 firstname.lastname@example.org or see www.spiritpainting.com
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, email@example.com, 613-236-5758.
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.revev. ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email email@example.com. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Weight Management LOVE YOUR BODY WORKSHOP ~ discover the power of proven hypnosis techniques to easily re-pattern your thoughts, beliefs, habits about food, your body & yourself. Imagine what it would feel like to make friends with your body - forever. Visit: www.empowerhypnosis.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at aileen@ aileensoasis.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX.COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 KERRY PALFRAMAN RN offers a wide variety of esoteric, metaphysical, spiritual and personal growth topics, including: angels, spirit guides, past lives, intuition, dreams, chakras, your soul’s purpose and much more. www.indigodreamer.com
• Yoga MOUNTAINGOAT YOGA CENTRES serving Ottawa’ west end in Nepean and Kanata since 2003. Over 30 classes per week per location. Hot Power, Hatha, Yin, Prenatal, Restorative. Workshops and teacher trainings. www.mountaingoatyoga.com PRANASHANTI YOGA CENTRE. A full-service wellness centre in the Hintonburg area of Ottawa near the Parkdale Market minutes from downtown and numerous public transportation stops. In our custom designed eco-friendly 8,000-sq.ft centre, our dedicated team of teachers and therapists offer a wide variety of classes in 4 spacious studios and specially designed therapies in our Consultation spaces. Our soothing atmosphere and inspiring setting will help you cultivate a deep inner state of body centered restful awareness that will benefit every aspect of your life. Our spa-like change rooms with ample showers, Infrared
Sauna and full service boutique further support your healthy lifestyle. Open 7 days/week, 80+ classes/week. Workshops, teacher training programs, concerts and events offered throughout the year. 100+ free parking spaces, complimentary tea served all day. Relax, take your time, leave feeling renewed. Drop in for a visit! 613.761.9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE. www.ottawayoga.com/ 342 Gladstone Ave 613.234.7974.We have been providing yoga classes in a beautiful and nurturing environment since 1994. Choose from over 100 drop-in classes per week, plus several weekly workshops and a diversity of yoga teacher training opportunities. Practice the following styles of yoga: Ashtanga, Baptiste, Baby & Mom, Bikram, Hatha, Hot, Kripalu, Kundalini, Power, Prenatal, Sivananda, Therapeutic, Vinyasa Flow, Yin, Yin/ Yang and Yoga Nidra. The Rama Lotus Yoga Centre is one of the largest studios in Canada. There are 4 spacious yoga rooms, and seven changing rooms for your comfort. Come relax and connect with others in our dedicated community space, and have a cup of complimentary tea. Our boutique offers a full line of yoga accessories, yoga clothing, related books, DVDs, CDs, meditation props, jewelry, snacks and other lifestyle items. We offer yoga with the intention of uplifting the global community. We invite you to become part of the Rama Lotus Yoga Centre! RADHA YOGA CENTRE, www.radha.org/ 617 Cooper St. at Bay/ 613.236.3545. Hatha, Kundalini, Dream Yoga, Noon Meditation, Hatha Yoga and Reflection, weekly Satsang, Monthly Karma Yoga, fall workshop: Discover Yourself through Karma Yoga. ADI SHAKTI YOGA CENTRE IN ORLÉANS/ OTTAWA EAST serving with gratitude since 2003. Director/Owner: Lise Ram Das Latulippe. Ottawa’s Home of KUNDALINI Yoga: humanity’s most ancient yoga. Beginners & Advanced classes of uplifting, fun & highly informative Kundalini Yoga taught by professionally certified teachers. Enjoy our healing ambiance, heavenly music, a cup of tea & community spirit. Private classes; Personalized Health-Longevity-Vitality Program; Yogic Numerology; Nutrition consultations; Reiki treatments & training; Vedic cooking classes; Yogic workshops; Annual Women’s Yoga Retreats; Concerts; Gong relaxation evenings; Pre-natal friendly yoga; Sunrise Kundalini Sadhana; Eng. & French classes; Books, CDs, DVDs, soaps, teas, mats, clothing. We are the Yoga gem of Ottawa East - Come Feel Great... One Breath at a Time! 1445-A Youville Drive, 2nd Fl., Orléans. www.AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com Call 613 824-9189 SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca
MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other props, DVDs, CDs. Complimentary tea after each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-304-6320, www.yogaandtea.com PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Zenith Omega CATHERINE GREEN, CANADIAN REGIONAL: Teacher/Facilitator Dissolve Emotional, Mental, Physical Blocks. Embrace Positive Change. DNA Upgrade Long Distance Available. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-479-0299 www.catherinegreen.net
CLASSIFIEDS • Looking for... WANTED: RMT, At an established (1998) Natural Health Centre. Very reasonable rates and great co-workers Please call Denise: 613-913-2803 OFFICE SPACE AVAILABLE in Riverside Health Centre. Excellent rate and wonderful co-workers. Located at Bank & Riverside. Dina 613-526-1255 for more info. GARDENERS NEEDED. We are looking for 2 persons to work with us this season experienced in the care of perennial and annual flower gardens. Positions would be part to full time. First and foremost we would be looking to work with someone who really loves to work with plants and has some professional experience. Also, gardening is part of a spiritual practice for us so we hope to find persons who could resonate with this veiw. We are a small team. Financial compensation for services will depend on experience and further discussion. For more info you can contact us by email at email@example.com
Medicine Wheel Training
with Tim Yearington he medicine wheel is a powerful healing tool. Like a compass, it helps us find our way around the “four directions” of our life. We are all composed of the four directions of east, south, west and north. These directions represent the four aspects of our inner self; our emotional, physical, spiritual and mental realms of being. The four directions are symbolized by the colours yellow, red, black and white. Yellow represents the east. Red represents the south. Black represents the west. White represents the north. These colours represent many teachings such as the four root races of humankind, the four seasons of life, and Medicine Wheel Training particularly the four elements; fire, earth, & Thunderbird Teachings for Emotional Well-Being water and air. The east direction (yellow) represents the www.timyearington.com emotional part of a person. East is also seen 6 1 3 . 3 1 5 . 3 3 8 3 as the sacred element of fire. Fire is akin to our passions and the inner sunlight we’re to see and use to create our world. This fire is akin to our spirit. Our sacred fire must be given fuel to keep it burning or it will go out. Once it goes out it’s difficult to relight it. The medicine wheel teaches us that the other three directions of south, west and north support and bring fuel to the sacred fire that burns in the emotional realm of a person. Traditional elders say, “All things begin in the east. No one can begin to heal until the fire within them is fixed first.” To truly heal a person we always start by helping a person fix their inner fire. But we can only help them. After that, the maintenance of a person’s inner fire is up to them. Their inner fire – their spirit – is personal, sacred space. East is the first direction acknowledged on the medicine wheel and fire is the first element. Because east and fire represent the emotional realm, this part of a person is given attention first. Healing can’t begin if they are still struggling with their inner fire, their emotions. Without the bright glow of the sacred fire within, a person cannot see where they are going or what they are doing. Their world is dark, scary and full of emotional monsters. If the fire within them is weak they may not be able to follow – or even find – the pathway that brings them west to where they’ll discover their true source of power is in the spiritual realm. If the fire within a person is not fixed first, there’s no way for that person to maintain their spirit. And if there’s no way to maintain their spirit, there’s no way to maintain their healing. A person’s healing journey continues because the natural source of the medicine within their own being – their spirit – was never seen, realized and embraced. East is the direction on the medicine wheel that teaches us to heal emotionally first, before we try to heal the physical, spiritual and mental realms of our life. Tim Yearington is the author of That Native Thing – Exploring the Medicine Wheel. Tim teaches a 5 part program on the land called “Medicine Wheel Training” (a Facebook page) to help people learn. Tim’s next training begins Saturday April 20th in Ottawa. $120 per person. To register or for more information call 613-725-5225. www.timyearington.com
V Pum Pug Su is not a Dr. Seuss character! The V Pum Pug Su I know is real.
y friend says when I talk spirituality, sometimes it sounds like science fiction - just like walking on the moon was fiction before Neil Armstrong did so, or the idea that it was possible to be self propelled before Henry Ford made cars a reality. The truth is, as we become more spiritually evolved, our awareness increases and we have access to information and reality that at one time simply seemed like it was out there.
Love Light Energetic Gifts started arriving on earth in October 2011. I became aware of these exciting and awesome phenomena when my retreat attendees started documenting information they were receiving from the Angelic realm. Thousands of these gifts have since arrived. Love Light Energetic Gifts are perfectly aligned with the best part of who the receiver is and what they are here to do. Following are two examples of some of the gifts that have arrived. EAEAA (ee ah ee ah ah) acts like a magnet and picks up less than life-enhancing energy from both the physical and astral bodies and transmutes it to Divine energy. We see, feel and hear more clearly. It balances
polarities and cleanses the user’s electrical system. When stated or sung in a less than life-enhancing group dynamic, EAEAA attunes all present to the same frequency, establishing harmony. V Pum Pug Su is a powerful command that helps everyone who says it stand in their power. It orders anything less than life-enhancing to vacate immediately creating an environment where all is calm, secure and protected in the knowledge that only goodness prevails. Try it and see! To find out more about or receive your own Love Light Energetic Gifts, join us at the Love Light Congress Saturday, May 11, 2013. For more information or to register, contact Denise Morier at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.openskiestraining.ca/lovelight.asp. Register on or before April 12 and save.
A healing journey to a calmer state of mind...
Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
Dr. Seuss must-read! I chose to leave my “Prickle-ly Perch” the day I committed to experience happiness. My “waiting place” was a sacred space I created to build trust with my physical body, the perfect tool for accomplishing my soul’s purpose on earth. The challenges I have faced since then have expanded my existence as I engaged the synergy of my body and soul wisdoms. I do this by consciously communicating with my physical body. To create this valuable life-enhancing relationship with my body, I built trust by using listen and respond. I enhance trust with my body using the following: Breath deeply, drink water, and Observe and Respond to sensations and signals; Nurture and Cherish it with sensual delights: massage, swimming, walking in the woods; Recognize and Appreciate its ability to support me every day of my life. That’s how I “move mountains.” JOYce McLean encourages you to respond from the depth of your inner power & wisdom. Connect with our team of light workers who are coming to you from Alberta: Denise Morier, Spiritual Advisor; Thuy Vu, Warrior of the Heart; and JOYce McLean, High Priestess. Together we serve our clients in the best possible way. When you work with one of us, you tap into the Power of 3’s pool of unlimited knowledge, healing and resources that are available to you. Learn your most accurate tool to check-in with your Inner Wisdom at Coming to Knowing on May 5th. Discover how to access your unique style of Body Wisdom on May 12th. Ignite your Divine spark during Remember on May 18th & 19th. Register by emailing email@example.com. www.livinginpeacenharmony.com
BREAKTHROUGH IN ENERGY HEALING In Ottawa Area serving Ontario and Western Quebec: Holistic Wellness Coach, Aileen McKenna AILEEN’S OASIS 613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751 firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist Certified Small Group Facilitator Certified Eco-Village Design Consultant Certified Facilitator – Open Space Technology
Shiatsu Thai Yoga Massage Ayurvedic Therapies Reiki Reflexology Lomi Lomi Sound Healing Tree Essences Couples Services Crystals Advanced Skin and Body Care Therapeutic Massage RMT Organic Skin, Body and Hair Care
45 Rideau at Sussex, 2nd floor Telephone: 613.241.7770 email: email@example.com
Tone Up Your Business
uccess can be defined as “a progressive realization of a worthy ideal”. But why is it that some business owners seem so much more successful than others? Is it because they have some magical, secret formula for success? Are their ideals more worthy than yours? Do they know more about money or have more selfconfidence than you do? Well, maybe they do, but that doesn’t mean you can’t learn these same secrets to success. In fact, anyone can learn the secrets to a more successful business. The “Tone Up Your Business” workshops will show you how. As soon as we choose to adopt a new philosophy and apply the appropriate energy to the master principles of success, specific universal laws come into play. They affect you as much as they do any other person on this planet. Creating a definite plan for carrying out desires and for putting those desires into action is one of the “secrets” towards the realization of any worthy ideal. Your individual road map to success and positive results is based on how you think, feel, and act. You just need to learn how to read it. Exploring your own internal dynamics is worthwhile and beneficial, to say the least, for you personally and for your business. During the two days of “Tone Up Your Business” you will explore and understand the internal factors that will allow you to achieve your desired external results. In other words, you will learn techniques for how to externalize your internalized ideal business. The workshops will provide good, sound strategies for how to move ahead in your business. They will also incorporate various techniques that will actually help you transform your limiting beliefs around money and wealth. Energy blockages, emotional blockages, lack of confidence, self-sabotage, fear of success and fear of failure, are all issues you can resolve. You might be surprised to know how easily you can clear away these negative energies and beliefs; and in a surprisingly short period of time. If you are not satisfied with your level of success – why not? You owe it to yourself to eliminate the internal obstacles that have been holding you back. You can make this year the first in a long line of ‘best years to come’! If you think you can’t afford to attend this workshop, you can’t afford not to attend.
TONE Up Your Business! th
9am - 4:30pm
@Biagio’s Italian Kitchen 1394 Richmond Road Ottawa
If you think you can’t afford to attend this workshop – YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO MISS IT!
Saturday, May 18th “From Poor to Rich” - Create Wealth Consciousness How to set the right price and make a profit How to double your sales with the least effort Remove blocks to sales & marketing Overcome procrastination & resistance to change Increase self-confidence & overcome fear of success Send fear of failure flying!
Sunday, May 19th Marketing, tradeshows, & networking; leveraging the big 3 for maximum potential Do the right things-blueprint to getting clients Writing & selling your e-book on the web Blogging your way to success Meet Tone Magazine! – Getting your article published and your ads noticed Clear your money blockages Healing your relationship with money Releasing anxiety around bills & debt Eliminate self-sabotage and blockages around receiving money
Register now and take advantage of +HST Early Registration: $397 Includes lunch & refreshments, course materials, bonuses and extended networking & Mastermind opportunities Registrations after May 11 or at the door $439
To Register: Call now 613-567-4444
or online: www.InsightStudioCanada.com
A collaborative presentation by: Heather Garrod, Planet Botanix; Trevour Strudwick, The INSIGHT Studio; Brenna Pearce, Pearce Enterprise Research; Roy van der Mull, VDMA Training and Consulting Inc.
May 18 & 19 , 2013
April 27 & 28, 2013
27 et 28 avril
Saturday from 9am to 9pm Sunday from 9am to 7pm
Samedi de 09h00 à 21h00 Dimanche de 09h00 à 19h00
Make connections and come learn the benefits of meditation, healing, holistic therapies, alternative medicine, astrology, tarot cards readngs, psychic readings, angels, numerology, past life regression, shamanism, hypnosis, life coaching and counseling in a warm serene setting.
Venez créer des liens et apprendre les avantages de la méditation, du ressourcement, des thérapies holistiques, des médecines alternatives, de l’astrologie, des tirages de cartes tarot, de la clairvoyance, des anges, de la numérologie, de la régression des vies antérieures, du chamanisme, de l’hypnose, d'un coach de vie et des consultations dans un décor chaleureux et serein.
RN, Int’l Spiritual Speaker, Intuitive, Author
Certified Life Coach, Trainer & Speaker
Zumba Trainer, Astrologer & Tarologist
To reserve your booth today please contact Rachèle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 819-213-2552
April 2013 S TO T O OL
Y AN D SO
Laura’s Numerology News for APRIL 2013 How to calculate your personal monthly number. Add the day of your birth to the month of your birth. Then you will add the number 1 to your number. NOTE – If your final number adds up to double digits, add the numbers together again, and again, if you have to, until you get a single number. If you still have trouble, email me at email@example.com
What can Numerology do for you? Numerology is a study of numbers. There is evidence that numerology was in use thousands of years ago in China, Greece and Egypt even before the time of Pythagoras, who is generally accepted as the "father" of numerology. Why is numerology still in use and of interest to so many? It is because it works, that is why. • Are you currently at a major cross-road in your life? Should you make a decision or move forward now or wait? • Numerology can help you uncover hidden talents and turn them into a career. • An analysis of partners, children, friends or co-workers can help you deal with them more efficiently. • Numerology can help you heal from past issues and move on. • Help you understand how you can use the current year, month and day for its best influence. • Be more aware of your own areas of weakness and learn how to turn them into strengths. Stop repeating history once and for all.
1. Are you moving to a new pad or thinking about renovations? Have you got a burning desire for a new love? If you are looking for either, get serious and get your hook in the water. Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist/life coach living in Ottawa. She has written “Laura’s numerology News” in 2. Do you feel like you are about to lose it and burst into Tone Magazine for over 8 years. To book an appointment tears at any moment? You must find a vent for your or receive Laura’s monthly newsletter please email emotions ASAP. You need a break, big time. You L.BAIRD@ISTAR.CA or call 613-725-7232 might even need help. 3. You will have a glow about you in April and others 7. Spend more time alone this month, if you can. You need to regenerate and refuel yourself. Many busy will notice. They will buy whatever you are selling or days are coming in May so pay attention and juice teaching. Get your new business ideas in the ground up, now. and water them hard. 8. You have major decisions to make, and you cannot put 4. Do not even think of taking on anything new this them off any longer! Make up your mind and get off month. Your focus should be cleaning and purging, the fence, immediately. New business opportunities only. Do this, now, you will suck up a new and are knocking on your door. OPEN THE DOOR. powerful energy that is coming at you in May. 5. So, big changes are what you what…eh? This is the 9. I know that you are eager to put the past far behind you and start new things, but there is poop on your month to see them, and you have to accept that they path and it must be clear off, first. Get down and might not be the changes that you thought that you dirty and deal with it, now. Sunny days are on the wanted. April is big. Take the reins and look for new way. opportunities. 6. You will be yanked in every direction in April. All LAURA YOUNG IS AN INTUITIVE of these extra demands will have you spinning in NUMEROLOGIST AND CORE BELIEF circles. Relationships and domestic concerns are in MODIFICATION COACH. SHE IS LOCATED IN your face and the main focus. Take an extra yoga OTTAWA, BUT CAN CONDUCT PHONE OR class or two so that you can keep your balance. SKYPE CONSULTATIONS ANYWHERE. FOR PERSONAL CONSULTATIONS PLEASE EMAIL: HYPERLINK firstname.lastname@example.org OR CALL 613-725-7232.
AT AN ESTABLISHED NATURAL HEALTH CENTRE
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue
Very reasonable rates and great co-workers
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
Please call Denise: 613-913-2803 54
Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
for Information call 613-521-9711
From The Heart Of The New Earth A Spiritual Intervention by the Divine A Story of Remembering and Awakening to my Higher Calling Entering the Heart of Earth and Sun
I discovered I could bring healing energy to others just by being in their presence. I experienced rapid growth and expanded consciousness. Joy began to replace sorrow and self-confidence overtook feelings of not being worthy. Divine Beings of higher realms joined the chorus of songs being sung by the Ancients. Spiritual Healing ways were returned to me. Divine Feminine wisdom of the Sisterhood showed me a way to connect my Heart to the Heart Of The Earth. Hidden from the consciousness ife and The Divine will of humanity for far too long, the occasionally merge together and Medicine of Woman is returning, I bring opportunity for deep change Songs of Source was told. We are ready to reconnect and metamorphosis. Heart Of Creation with to Source and end separation. This is my story.... or least an New Beginnings For Self, Earth important chapter that would shape Ancient Healer ~ Mentor ~ EarthKeeper and All My Relations the woman I have become. The Healing Season and my I wish to take you on a brief journey Coming to Ottawa ~ Gatineau initiation into Sacred Waters of with me to the Heart of the Earth for April 26th ~ 29th Enlightenment and Attunement that is the path I needed to take. Into Eliot Acuna Yoga Studio to the Oneness was completed in Heart Of Self, Heart of Earth and Heart Kalyana Yoga December 2003. A new way of living of the Sun. Mountain Goat Yoga in harmony was revealed that holds For here is where I would find the sacredness of the Ancients yet is my deepest Self and answers I had Contact Nieves Santos adapted for this New Day and time been seeking since childhood. And I email@example.com we are in. Mother Earth entered discovered many others were seeking 1 (819) 332-1245 the Sacred Circle to help restore the same Truths that I would uncover! For Further Information alignment with her. It was worth the journey. firstname.lastname@example.org She guides me now and sits by my side. My role as Helper, Healer, EarthKeeper has been EarthWalk It began in the early 90’s. Many years ago, I embarked brought clearly into view. It is now my time to serve. upon a deeply personal and profound journey. Having suffered a great loss and needing answers...I entered a Grandmother Selina WhiteEagle is an Ancient Healer, spiritual quest to uncover the hidden secrets of living Mentor and EarthKeeper of mixed Ancestral Lineages from Nova Scotia. She brings wisdom and profound well and being joyful in this world! Is it truly even possible? I withdrew into my cocoon. healing ways as Messenger/Helper for the New Earth, Little did I know at the time what this would mean for Source. Mother Earth guides Selina’s Sacred Path me and for the earth. I discovered life! Indeed my Soul’s and shows the way. Selina has been invited to come Calling would be revealed to me and so much more. It to Ottawa/Aylmer April 26 - 29th and will be offering would be 8 years of remembering how we awaken and Sacred Circles and private healing sessions. heal our Sacred Spirit. It seemed there was an urgency for me to retrieve the answers from Source. Daily Prayer and Meditation became my way of life, while taking long walks in the woods on the path behind my house. Living in Hamilton, Ontario there was a wonderful trail with deer and fox and such. This would be the backdrop for what would become a Spiritual Awakening. As I entered within, insights began to come and profound dreaming. Ancient Ancestors would sing Meditation, study and application their songs and I would remember these sacred chants in a small group format upon awakening. These energies it would seem were able to heal my Spirit and others started noticing the changes in me.
A Spiritual Intervention by the Divine
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul
Health Benefits of Qi Gong by Master Philip Lai
What is Qi Gong? Qi Gong is relatively new to the Western world, but in China it has a 5,000-years history, with roots that go deep into the foundations of traditional Chinese medicine. It is a powerful energy healing system that connects the body, mind, and spirit. Qi Gong literally means ‘energy work’ — the art and science of cultivating one’s inner vital energy. The philosophy behind Qi Gong is one of prevention. Activities are designed to cultivate and control one’s one vital energy (Qi). Qi circulates in the body through a series of well-defined paths called ‘meridians’. Qi Gong synergistically combines diaphragmatic breathing, mind relaxation, and precise gentle movements to increase health and physiological resiliency. Training can also include meditation, visualization, and chanting. The proper flow of Qi is essential to good health since blockages or inappropriate flow of Qi can result in health problems. . Health benefits of Qi Gong Through the regular practice of Qi Gong routines, practitioners learn to balance the flow of the Qi in their bodies and experience • reduced stress; • increased flexibility; • increased strength and energy; • alleviation of chronic medical conditions; • enhanced immune system, thus aiding in recovery from illness; and • improved cardiovascular, respiratory, circulatory, lymphatic and digestive function. The Lamas Qi Gong Association is a non profit organization in Ottawa that promotes Qi Gong and Tai Chi by offering ongoing classes and workshops. Its founder, Master Philip Lai, is both a Kung Fu and Qi Gong Master. Our spring Qi Gong and Tai Chi courses are listed on our website www.lamasqigong.com/class.htm
We invite you to attend our free World Tai Chi & Qi Gong Day Workshop Sat. April 27, 9:00 – 10:00 am McNabb Community Centre, 180 Percy St. (near Bronson and Gladstone) Try some exercises. www.lamasqigongcanada.com/work.htm for more info. 56
EFT – Self Confession by Violetta Borowski EFT Cert.-1
have been working with clients using EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique to help them alleviate physical & emotional pain, resolve conflicts, let go of resentment, anger and many other emotional issues that are so prevalent in keeping us back from experiencing life both joyfully and effortlessly. I have had great success with my clients, and it has truly been a wondrous experience to provide them with tools that can dramatically transform their lives. However rewarding working with clients may be, nothing comes close to the experience of big shifts within your own self. Even the most advanced practitioners of EFT, or of any healing modality, will experience emotional disturbances, physical aches & pains, and a series of unresolved personal issues that mysteriously come up for healing during the most inconvenient times. Yes, practitioners are people too, and believe it or not we also have our life lessons and challenges to deal with. Recently I was dealing with troubling behaviour by my daughter. She was disrespectful, demanding, and used vulgar language as soon as I said “no” to anything she wanted. This went on for few weeks, and my patience was diminishing. I felt frustration, resentment and anger towards her. I perceived her behaviour as a personal attack on me, and that really hurt. One day I was on my way to a church when my emotions took over and I could no longer hold back my tears. I felt hopeless, defeated, and began to express my thoughts out loud (I was alone in the car). I began rounds of EFT tapping, but then my words turned into a prayer. At first I expressed my resentful, hurtful feelings, but then I began to feel great remorse for not handling this situation better; I am a “Spiritual Counsellor”, afterall. I acknowledged my weakness, the perceived failure, and lack of understanding on my part toward my own beloved daughter, not seeing what she was going through. For 20 minutes I spoke to God and EFT tapped away all my sorrows. Soon I began to feel great
Rosemary Murray-Lachapelle, Jungian Analyst, ML.S., M.A. Dipl. Analyt. Psych.
Ontario Association of Jungian Analysts, International Association of Analytical Psychology
to speak your mind while tapping away your blues. Be gentle with yourself while affirming, “I deeply and completely love and accept myself”, then watch as the miracles unfold. If you would like to experience an EFT session and learn to use this technique on your own, please contact Violetta at 613-808-4822. Visit www.SpiritualCounselling.ca
relief, a sense of deep peace and love for myself, as well as my daughter. There was a big shift within me. I could feel that I have been forgiven, as I chose to forgive my daughter. Then it began to dawn on me that this experience was very similar to a Holy Confession that many Catholics practice, except this confession was without the Priest. The outcome, however, was the same, or in some ways even better. I regained my personal strength, used inner wisdom and Divine guidance to help heal both her and myself. It worked miraculously. I never before made the connection of using EFT tapping as a self confession. But that’s precisely what it was for me. Sometimes the greatest healing we need is to face our personal guilts, that perhaps we pretended isn’t our fault somehow, and to forgive ourselves. When you are ready to do healing work on yourself, and you find yourself dealing with all the emotions on your own, you become very open, more honest, and you sincerely seek healing. Through this process, along with your intentions, you receive back what you ask for. You release what no longer serves truly you and you create a space within yourself that can be filled with peace. EFT can really bring emotional freedom from whatever issue you are facing. Learning the EFT tapping points, and understanding energy psychology has great benefits for people from all walks of life. It is easy to learn, easy to use, and it can be applied virtually anywhere & at anytime you may feel the need for it. So next time your unresolved issues come up to the surface, and of course sooner or later they will, simply allow yourself
355 St. Laurent Blvd. 613-288-2274
Beautiful home décor ideas; crystals Workshops, Tibetan and quartz singing bowls, gifts, angels, jewellery, space clearing, energy mists and so much more. Workshops in April 2013 CLEAR YOUR MIND TO HEAR YOUR INNER VOICE: Saturday April 6th, 1 to 4pm, with Angel D'Aoust and Kelly Johnson. Learn simple and effective techniques that allow you to quiet the mind and access your inner wisdom. Cost is $55 plus HST CONNECTING TO THE DIVINE WITHIN PART 2: Sunday, April 7th, 9am to 5pm. Join Mark and continue the journey that lets you celebrate the sound within. Cost is $166 plus HST ULTIMATE RELATIONSHIP EVENT: Saturday and Sunday April 13th & 14th with James and Melanie. There is no greater joy than a fulfilling intimate relationship. This 2 day event is to ignite passion and love. Cost is $350 + HST per person or $600 plus HST per couple. DRUMMING CIRCLE & SOUND HEALING: Thursday April 18th, 7 to 8:30pm. Join Tristan and Rob for this ancient practice and experience the vibrations and healing of drumming and toning. Please bring your own drum or percussion instrument. A donation of $5 is suggested. MOVIE NIGHT: Friday, April 19th at 7pm. Join us once a month for documentaries and movies of interest as we move into the new energies. A heart offering of $5 is suggested. Space is limited. ULTIMATE BEGINNERS CRYSTAL WORKSHOP: Saturday, April 20th, 10 am to 4 pm. Join Explore these beautiful treasures, experience their energies and learn how and why they work! Cost is $99 plus HST. AXIATONAL RE-ALIGNMENT TEACHER'S CERTIFICATION COURSE: Saturday, April 27th 2013 from 10 am to 4 pm. Do you feel disconnected from friends & family and don't know why? It's TIME to re-connect with your Soul and remember WHO YOU ARE. Price is $150 + HST. MUNAY KI; INCA SHAMANIC RITES: Sunday April 28TH. Join Kathy King to receive attunements in the first four of 9 Inca Shamanic Rites in the morning from 9am to noon: In the afternoon from 1 to 3pm, Kathy will be attuning those who have already received the first four rites to the next three Inca shamanic rites. Cost is $50 for eitherthe morning session or the afternoon session or $100.00 for both + HST.
IN STORE EVERYDAY ww w.facebook.coTAROT, m/TAOCSTARSEED RYSTALS AND CRYSTAL ALLY CARD READINGS April 2013
Reiki to the Rescue Long hours at work? Check! Hectic family life? Check Long daily commute? Check! Fast food meals? Check! Not enough sleep most nights? Check! Hours on-end in front of a computer screen? Check!
or most of us, we could probably add quite a few stressors to this list in terms of what we deal with from day to day. As a result, periods of calm and relaxation can be few and far between. As the time we spend being stressed out increases, our health and wellbeing suffer. So how do we slow ourselves down and find the time, or make the time, to: enjoy a home-cooked meal at the dinner table with the whole family, spend some time just playing outside, enjoy a day off which does not include a series of shopping trips, get to bed early and wake up before the alarm goes off feeling rested and refreshed, spend some quiet time alone, reading, etc… Well, we believe that Reiki can rescue us from many of the above mentioned stressors. It can promote health and wellbeing by encouraging the physical body to calm down, relax and restore its energetic balance. As a result, most people find themselves in a refreshed state of mind which allows them to consider spending more time engaging in some of those life balancing activities, whatever they may be for you. A powerful, yet gentle and non-invasive technique, Reiki promotes relaxation, health and well-being by reducing blockages which can prevent the flow of life force energy throughout the body. The Reiki practitioner accomplishes this by allowing the life force energy to flow from their hands through to their client, using gentle touch or placing their hands a few inches from the client’s body. The most successful stressrelieving techniques include placing the hands on the head, where most of us hold a lot of tension and stress; the heart, where we store our emotional memories and the stomach or solar plexus area, where we hold anxiety and worry. Following a treatment, clients often report that their Reiki session helped to reduce symptoms such as anxiety,
digestive disorders, insomnia, chronic stress, etc... More and more, we are finding examples of research studies which support our clinical experience. One study by Annie Goldman Shore, PhD, titled "Long term effects of energetic healing (Reiki) on psychological depression and self-perceived stress," which was published in the magazine, concluded that six sessions of Reiki were very effective in relieving symptoms of both stress and depression. One year later, re-testing showed that the positive results of the six Reiki sessions remained intact. In addition to Reiki treatments, training in how to practice Reiki is available from many local Reiki Master/Trainers. After your first training session (Level I Reiki), you are equipped to self- treat or treat others. You can then channel this wonderful energy for your own benefit or that of your loved ones. As a bonus, you become part of a special community which focuses on gentle approaches to promoting health and wellbeing as a lifestyle choice. For example, Reiki practitioners meet regularly for “Reiki Shares” where participants discuss their Reiki experiences, meditate on their Reiki journey and offer each other Reiki treatments as part of the meeting. So rescue yourself and your loved ones from some of your daily stressors. Make an appointment for a calming Reiki treatment, sign up for a Reiki class, attend a few Reiki Shares. Every time you do, you will feel more relaxed and less stressed. And, as a result, you will have more energy to enjoy the really good things in life.
Joffre Carpenter-Ducharme From “Reiki Associates” www.reikiassociates.com Joffre@reikiassociates.com 613-264-8165
International lecture series of the Bruno Groening Circle of Friends
There is no Incurable Disease
ore and more people search for solutions in holistic medicine. On this quest more and more people rediscover a completely natural path. As part of an international lecture series, two physicians are soon lecturing in OTTAWA on the topic of Healing on the spiritual path- medically verifiable Entrance is free, a donation is appreciated. All individuals from medical professions, everyone interested in this current topic and especially everyone searching for help and healing is invited. The ancient civilizations of humanity spoke of the existence of a higher power that can help and heal. Bruno Groening (1906–1959) called this power “Heilstrom“ or healing stream. Amongst other things he taught how one can absorb this natural healing power. The healings, even of so called incurable diseases, are occurring today as they did during that time. A multitude of medically documented healing reports show this – also today. In this lecture such documented healings will be presented. Healed individuals will report about their
ACCE P TA NCE
ife is always serving up choices for us to make. After your loved one passes on, you’re faced with some choices. One of the most fundamental ones is how to go on, how to proceed. Can you accept this change in your life? What does accepting this mean to you? Does it mean that you give up? Does it mean that you have nothing else to live for? Does it mean you will keep living your best life possible? This also applies in the normal, everyday times where we’re faced with the choice of whether or not to accept. Acceptance of pain, an injury, an impending confrontation, a diagnosis, a sudden detour in life, can be challenging. What does it mean to accept these things? Does it mean if you accept that you have pain, does that mean that you will have pain for the rest of your life? No. It means that you are acknowledging what is happening in the present and this in itself invites change, this in itself invites breath and movement of energy in your body. The difficulty arises when we’re facing something and we don’t accept the present for what it is. We then develop a resistance, an actual tension in our bodies which in my 16 years of practice, I’ve seen further develop into headaches, menstrual problems, sciatica and the list goes on. We resist the flow of emotions
experiences. The healing power can be experienced during the lecture. The Medical Scientific Group of the Bruno Groening Circle of Friends organizes information lectures in over 70 countries worldwide. The speakers who give the lectures is are volunteers and hold the lectures their spare time. The Bruno Groening Circle of Friends is a non-profit organization. All activities are financed through donations. Mon., April 22nd 7:00 p.m. St. Paul University, Banquet Hall, 223 Main St., Ottawa Entrance is free, a donation is appreciated. Further information is available on the internet at: www.brunogroening.org/english
in our bodies (no emotion is negative) and we literally block the flow of impulses through our nervous systems, also blocking our love, passion and prosperity. Gentle NSA chiropractic care can help whisper to the nervous system and help unlock the tensions in your body. This restores the flow of impulses to the brain, like a river flowing over a dried-up riverbed. Karen was wanting not only to heal from her past car accident, she also wanted to move into the next phase of her life as a grandparent with as much energy as she had had with her children. After several visits, she felt her vertebrae “opening up like a bud opening into a flower”. Over time she felt less pain, her body healed and she also became aware as to how she had been using energy to keep herself “locked-down, playing small” and now has loads of energy for her grandchildren! Donny Epstein has said: “That which you can’t accept, persists.” Accepting doesn’t involve a specific action or task; it’s a natural result of getting out of our own way and allowing the flow of life through us. If you are interested in learning more, please visit www.thehappyspine.ca. Dr. Tony Sandorfi has been serving the National Capital Region for 16 years with devoted passion. He continues to help thousands of people create the change they want and get the most out of their lives.
AMAZ ONI TE
he colour and feel of Amazonite brings to mind sunlight streaming through tropical waters… It carries the energy of vacation, of respite from stressful life situations. It is an excellent stone for bringing harmony and resolution to all kinds of relationships. The stressful situations in our lives seem to be about disagreeable people or circumstances but, in fact, they are about us. The conflict we experience in life is created by the conflict that exists within. Parts of our personality are not in agreement with other parts, and these parts may be competing for our attention or even for survival. Sometimes a part of us really wants or needs something but another part fears or disapproves of it. This creates disagreement and conflict. The fearful part will work hard to defeat the other part. These types of inner conflict, of which we may be unaware, attract forms of conflict and disagreement with other people. The other people are only mirroring what is happening inside of us. Amazonite brings us out of competition and into resolution and harmony by helping us to acknowledge and accept all aspects of ourselves. Amazonite helps to bring awareness to our competing parts so that we can meet their needs and restore inner harmony. Doing so brings harmony to our external terrain and our relationships with others. If we don’t master our inner conflict, we will continue manifesting conflict with other people and situations in our lives. Amazonite helps us to look at our lives through a kind of psychic magnifying glass. It is known as a stone of ‘personal’ truth. Working with Amazonite can bring flashes of intuition about oneself. Often the truths one seeks will be revealed during meditations or in dreamtime. Amazonite is also very helpful for bringing clarity and discernment to what has been revealed. If you are asking “what is my personal truth?” then Amazonite may be the stone you need at this time. It may show you how your inner desires clash with how you are actually living your life. Most of us repress a great deal of what we truly feel and need, in order to fit in, to be accepted, and to please other people. You may have lost touch along the way with what your heart really wants. You may not even want to acknowledge your true needs because fulfilling them may require you to make big changes in your life. Once you have acknowledged your inner truth, Amazonite will help you to express it verbally. It syncs your heart and throat chakras
so that you can effectively speak the truth of your heart. This can be very helpful in setting boundaries for what we want to experience in life, especially with other people. Amazonite is a ‘be yourself’ stone that allows one to follow desires and dreams without worrying about the judgment of others. Amazonite also helps to filters electromagnetic pollution and geopathic stress from one’s environment. It soothes the nervous system and aids the body in recovering from illness or trauma, especially when the physical condition is caused by excessive stress or repression of emotional needs. Amazonite is a stone of personal fulfilment. Amazonite sentences begin with “I need …” Karen is a full-time Crystal Healer and Shamanic practitioner. She operates her healing practice and Crystal store in Ottawa. Karen is also a teacher/trainer. She teaches various Crystal workshops and a 2-year program that provides full certification training in Crystal Shamanism. The next group for the 2-Year Program starts May 17-19. For more information about services and events please go to: www.ascensionhealing.ca or call 613-798-2828.
Is Adult Reliance on Prescription Drugs Misleading Children?
by Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist n TV recently, parents shared the tragic story of their accomplished 17-year old son’s death by recreational drug. Apparently their ‘talk’ with him about the dangers of non-prescription drugs went unheeded. Daily, many clients tell me of being hooked on their powerful mood-altering prescriptions, unable to wean off once the early ‘relief’ has morphed into a worsening situation, both physical and psychological. Disconnects are evident when these events are considered side-by-side, especially about the absence of any difference between street drugs and prescription psychoactive and pain drugs. As parents trot off to a doctor to pick up drugs to feel ‘better’, children learn that drugs are ‘ok’ if you want to feel well; children emulate parental behavior. Slick pharmaceutical marketing promotes psychoactive drugs as safe - the answer to our ‘bad feelings’ and ‘mental illnesses’. Notwithstanding the false and misleading claims of many doctors and drug companies, the scientific fact is that these drugs have been proven, since 1970, to be just as addictive, just as brain-damaging and just as life-decimating as street drugs. Doctors and street drug-pushers are one and the same to a child – a source of ‘happy pills’. Teenagers easily see through the hypocrisy of drug prescription; if already force-fed drugs as children, they are well programmed for a life-time reliance on drugs for mood alteration. Parents take prescription drugs and alcohol for the ‘high’ – to experience a ‘feel good’ mood, to alter their experience of life. While parents tell children to ‘do as I say, not as I do’… youth soon find their own experts on drugs. Thus, the only difference in the two scenarios becomes the source of the drugs. Isn’t it time we walked the talk and showed children, through better example, that there are healthy alternatives to drugs for the ‘bad’ days in life? A qualified hypnotherapist can help with those ‘bad’ feelings in a safe, dignified, reliable manner that leaves children and parents alike more knowledgeable, wiser, resilient and resourceful during the ‘down’ times. It is important children experience a full range of emotions if they are to become resilient and adaptive. When children are taught a quick way to avoid unwanted feelings, the results are predictable … lost opportunity to learn, brain damage and legal and social issues. Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP, Ottawa & Belleville 613-422-7027, toll-free 1-888-3903553, email@example.com Verifiable credentials at: www.graceplacewellness.com
Church of Perfect Liberty
ao Tzu the famous Taoist stated, the only constant in life is change. In April the Church of Perfect Liberty- Ottawa will welcome, Sensei Eugune Hayashi with Rev. T. Goto heading to New York to take over the church there. With the new season will come a new flower to our garden. It is the PL mission to attain “Great World Peace and build a world of love and respect for all.” On April 27, 2013 we will be hosting a garage sale and Japanese book sale at our church at 1010 Hunt Club Road. At that time we hope that many of you will come to visit, and enjoy the day with us. The Japanese Book Sale will be an event taking place along side the annual Garage sale, there will also be other books, puzzles, games, clothes, jewelry, and miscellaneous items to tempt and delight the scavenger in you. In PL (Perfect Liberty) we feel that (church) is a “spiritual home away from Home” and a “Place to find your Inner Self”. We welcome visitors to our “home”. In Japan, members will often visit or drop in and a daily basis for a quiet pick me up, a visit with the minister, a cup of tea. In North America our lives are structured differently, however, please know that you are welcome to stop in. By getting to know other members you can have good harmony with one another and encourage each other to live cheerful, joyous and artistic lives. The church is open every day 9 a.m. to 6 pm. The PL 21 Precepts are the basis of the PL Teachings. They reveal the true path of life for all humankind. Beginning with Precept no. 1. The 1st Precept of PL is – LIFE is ART www.perfectliberty.ca 613-225-1850 Main church # Our ministers can speak with you in English, French, Japanese, Portuguese For those who know me and wish to contact me personally firstname.lastname@example.org subject – Perfect Liberty Dymoon – formerly Taoist Garden Centre (Stress Management Practitioner)
Evita Roche presents “Her Place at the Table”— Negotiation and Mediation Training for Women These courses are for any woman who wants an “edge” in the workplace, an extra credential when re-entering the workforce, or just healthier family relationships.
INTEREST-BASED NEGOTIATION TRAINING FOR WOMEN
Are you uncomfortable negotiating? Think you’re not tough enough? This 6-hour introductory course takes a different approach to negotiation, away from an aggressive, “win-lose” attitude, and shows you how to achieve better results by focusing on maximizing gains for both parties. When: 3 Friday mornings April 12, May 10, June 7 9:30 — 11:30 am Where: Downtown Ottawa (precise location will be sent to each registrant) Cost:
$225 for all three sessions
RELATIONAL MEDIATION TRAINING FOR WOMEN
Women are natural mediators. We value relationships and connection. We like to bring out the best in people. This 6-hour introductory course will show you how to capitalize on your own innate strengths to help those around you resolve their conflicts fairly and efficiently. When:
3 Friday afternoons April 12, May 10, June 7 2:15 — 4:15 pm
Downtown Ottawa (precise location will be sent to each registrant)
$225 for all three sessions (includes extensive materials, refreshments, and HST)
(includes extensive materials, refreshments, and HST)
• Class content covers the processes of negotiation and mediation and is based on the courses Evita has taught at the University of Ottawa Law School.
Register for both courses and receive a complimentary registration to Evita’s course “The Lost Art of the Apology.” (See separate ad — a $225 value!)
• Class format includes short interactive lectures, videos, demonstrations and negotiation and mediation games. • Class size is limited to 10 participants (with a minimum of 6) to ensure maximum learning–and fun! • Each participant receives extensive and supportive private individual feedback. • Certificates of Achievement will be awarded upon completion.
“Evita Roche is one of the most dynamic educators I have ever learned from. Her knowledge and experience make her courses invaluable, but her playful—and sometimes dramatic—style of delivery ensures the content stays with you long after the course has ended.” M. Colleen Currie, Lawyer and Mediator Past President, Ontario Association for Family Mediation (OAFM), Past President, Ottawa Chapter (OAFM)
Evita Roche is a lawyer and full-time ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) practitioner with 34 years’ experience as a mediator, lawyer and trainer. She has trained hundreds of people (executives, managers, human resource professionals, students, stay-at-home moms, etc.) in the techniques of interest-based negotiation and relational mediation. A former professor at the University of Ottawa Law School, Evita received its first Excellence in Teaching Award, voted by the students themselves. Evita is noted for her creative and fun teaching style.
For more information contact Evita Roche at 613.237.7335 or email@example.com
Evita Roche is convening an initial organizing meeting for a new support group. Possible content for future meetings: legal information, emotional support, practical tips, storytelling, divorce coaching, separation rituals, videos, etc. When: Wednesday, March 27, 6:30 pm Where: Downtown Ottawa (precise location to be sent to all registrants) Dinner will be provided. Bring your ideas! This initial meeting is free, but registration is required.
LOST ART OF THE APOLOGY
In my 34 years working as a divorce mediator, the most important lesson I have learned is that most disputes are fundamentally about hurt feelings. Yet, why are we so reluctant to apologize in our society? This 6-hour course will discuss the following topics: • the key elements of a meaningful apology • the psychology of apologies • the importance of timing — why some apologies are premature • teaching children about apologies • strengthening working relationships through apologies • apology circles and other rituals • the modern apology movement • apologies in the medical, legal and other professions • knowing when not to apologize and much, much more. WHEN: 3 Thursday evenings (April 11, May 9, June 6), 6:30 — 8:30 pm WHEN: Downtown Ottawa
(precise location to be sent to all registrants)
A wise counselor once said to me that separations and divorce are really only 10% legal, and 90% spiritual and emotional. Yet in our western, overly rational society, the legal 10% tends to dominate. This 6-hour course is for men and women who would like to correct that balance. The course will be based on the principles set out by the late Debbie Ford in her bestselling book Spiritual Divorce (with chapters on Things Aren’t Always What They Seem, You Are Not Alone, Emotional Responsibility, Making Peace with Ourselves, The Wedding Gifts, etc.) and on Evita’s 34 years of working as a divorce mediator. It will feature short, interactive lectures by Evita, group discussions and two wonderful videos that will shift the way you may have been thinking about divorce. Special attention will be given to the creation of healthy rituals acknowledging the spiritual aspects of divorce. WHEN: 3 Thursday afternoons (April 11, May 9, June 6), 4:15 — 6:15 pm WHERE: Downtown Ottawa
(precise location to be sent to all registrants)
$225 for all three sessions (includes written materials, refreshments, HST, and a copy of Spiritual Divorce: Divorce as a Catalyst for an Extraordinary Life by Debbie Ford)
$225 for all three sessions
(includes written materials, refreshments, HST)
Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law. She has a particular interest in the role of apologies in conflict resolution and has written several articles on this topic. Evita is noted for her creative and fun teaching style.
For more information contact Evita Roche at 613.237.7335 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apologies Lead To Spiritual Growth
hile it can be hard to say we’re sorry, a meaningful apology can be beneficial, not just for our relationship with the person we have wronged, but also for our own spiritual growth. Here are some reasons why a proper apology can help us on our journey of spiritual growth. An Apology Clears Away Negativity. Time and again I have seen people comment after offering a sincere apology on how “lighter” they feel, as if a big weight has been lifted off their shoulders. I once read a story about a former research assistant who had falsified results of an experiment for the university professor he was working with and who apologized 25 years later. The professor accepted his apology, but wondered why the assistant had carried around this burden for 25 years, when the professor himself had forgotten about the incident. The assistant responded, “It’s real important to me to feel clean inside.” An Apology Shows Respect. One of our fundamental human needs is to feel respected, to feel “seen” by others. I once heard Oprah Winfrey say that what we all really want is for others to, in effect, say to us, “I see you. I hear you. You matter to me.” When we have been wronged, we feel disrespected. A meaningful apology helps restore a healthy relationship. An Apology Offers an Opportunity for a Deeper Connection. This is particularly true when a sincere apology triggers a similar response in the other person. Often the other person winds up saying something like, “Thank you for apologizing, but it was partly my fault, too.” Both are then changed by the apology, and can move forward with a deeper connection between them. I saw this dynamic at work in a mediation session several years ago. Susan had ended one session in frustration, yelling at Larry, “And another thing! If you want me to continue in mediation with you, you damn well better apologize next time for being such a lousy husband!” I was sure Larry would terminate mediation at that point, but he didn’t. At the beginning of the next session he did, in fact, apologize to Susan for not being more supportive when she decided to return to the workplace after 10 years away, something she had always resented. His apology was sincere, his words were carefully chosen, and I could tell he had thought carefully ahead of time about making this apology. Susan was taken by surprise and asked for a short break, after which she thanked Larry for his apology and said that she herself was sorry for not being more supportive of all the difficult career problems he had endured over the years. From then on in mediation, their relationship was a lot
calmer and more productive. Recently, I ran into Susan on the street and she told me she still remembered that “apology moment” as a turning point in their relationship. She and Larry had become a bit closer as a result and had been able to work together as a tight parental team in dealing with their rebellious teenage daughter since then. This concludes my series on apologies. If you are interested in this topic, please see my ad elsewhere in this issue for a spring Apologies course I am offering. (I’m also offering courses on Spiritual Divorce, Negotiation and Mediation for Women, and I’m forming a new kind of Separation and Divorce Support Group.) I hope to see you at some of these! Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa Law School, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
M ED IT AT IO N
– A still point in a working day
By Jennifer Bernius
e were gathered around a boardroom table, as we always are on Tuesdays at lunchtime in this highpowered Crown corporation downtown. We’ve just finished our half-hour meditation, and these six people across from me look angelic, peaceful and radiant. I marvel at the changes in them. When they arrive for these classes, they’re still wearing their roles as employees and managers – often tired and careworn by the strenuous demands upon them in this workplace of excellence. One young fellow began our session today lamenting his huge workload and the interminable meetings he must somehow endure. “But this time is nonnegotiable,” he insists. A woman updates us on the micro-manager who needs to know what’s on her staff’s agendas. Discussions often turn to issues from home – the worrying mother-in-law, the difficult mother, the kids sick with flu. In this sanctuary, where the turmoil of the world fades away, sharing and laughter come easily. After a few minutes of catching up, we begin a short breathing exercise – sometimes deep yogic breathing or a mindful practice of simply observing our breath. The world recedes further as we let go of concerns, settling into deep relaxation. Then it’s time for discussion. In the four years this group has been together (other members have come and gone) topics have been wide-ranging. Often they’re close to home, touching on our reactions to situations that trigger us. How can we deal with them mindfully, learning from them instead of reacting defensively through attack or withdrawal? What are our favourite defenses – can we understand them, have compassion for ourselves for creating them, then choose more loving ways of responding?
Instructor of Meditation and Personal Development
Meditation. Illumination. Transformation. Thoughts and emotions are frequent topics. How can we befriend our minds and be discriminating in what we think? Are we remembering to use loving self-talk, especially when we feel uncertain and afraid? Can we challenge our critical thoughts: who says I’m unworthy? Who says I can’t do this? The theme of the ego and the true Self runs frequently through our classes, inspired by my studies in A Course in Miracles. Can we see each moment as an opportunity to choose love instead of fear? The truth of love is my favourite topic, as I remind everyone (and myself!) that love is what we are, whereas fear is what the ego would have us believe we are. In this time of Ascension, as high-frequency energies intensify on the planet, sometimes we discuss their effects on our mind and emotions. How are we handling these new energies? Can we benefit from them by seeing beyond our illusions, the dramas we create? And can we see others as part of ourselves – extending love to them and discovering the love we are? And now it’s time for our meditation practice – the luscious still point in our day. We close our eyes and focus within, imagining light flowing through and relaxing each part of our body. A breathing exercise that follows promotes further relaxation in preparation for meditation. The mantra meditation is deep and peaceful, allowing us to calm our restless mind and sink into the welcoming silence of our true Self. The energies we experience are very powerful and restorative. The transformation in everyone is remarkable. Stresses and worries no longer consume us. Now that we have connected with our essence, we return to our working day feeling calmer, more rested and energized, and centred in who we are. Jennifer Bernius teaches group, corporate and private classes and workshops in yoga-based meditation and personal development. For information, call (613) 721-3787 or email email@example.com
Gifts fr om The C a p e : Essential oils of South Africa
t Planet Botanix, we carry a large selection of therapeutic grade essential oils, some of which are well known, others less so. This month I thought we would take a look at three oils that are lesser known, but have great properties. Cape Snowbush (Eriocephalus africanus) has been used therapeutically for hundreds of years. In the spring, the plant is covered with small white flowers, hence its name. It has been used as a scalp treatment and to treat dandruff. Although it is not related to Rosmarinus officinalis, it has some of the same attributes as rosemary: it is said to help improve memory, also eases sore muscles and helps fight colds, coughs and flu. What a versatile plant! A blend for the scalp might also include cedarwood, sandalwood and lavender. Cape May (Coleonema album) also blooms with tiny star-shaped white flowers during the spring and summer. Its main claim to fame is as a deodorizer and insecticide. It is really nice to have natural alternatives when it comes to insect repellants: so many commercial products contain toxic ingredients. Traditionally, South African fishermen would use this plant to remove the
smell of fish and bait from their hands. Campers are also know to rub the twigs onto their beddings to keep the bugs and insects away. Cape May can also be used for aches and pains associated with cold and flu. With spring around the corner, this would also make a good addition to a detox massage oil, perhaps blending with juniper, grapefruit and cypress. Cape Chamomile (Eriocephalus punctulatus), like German and Roman chamomile, has many wonderful attributes. Chamomile is frequently used for childhood ailments, as it has a sweet aroma and taste. It can be used for colic and other digestive issues, as well as to relieve stress, depression and the sometimes resulting insomnia. It is also wonderful for the skin with its anti-inflammatory properties. I would imagine combining Cape Chamomile with Cape Snowbush and a bit of lemon essential oil would be a great blend for combating the achiness of a cold or flu-or just sore muscles! ©2013 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St in Centretown. She gives workshops on creating natural bodycare and has been creating natural bodycare for over eighteen years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic.
Billings Bridge Shopping Center
2277 Riverside Drive Ottawa, ON, K1H 8K2 Telephone: 613-737-9330 firstname.lastname@example.org
5537 Hazeldean Road
SPI RI TPAI NTI NG. COM 6132668063 Works hops
Kanata, ON, K2L 1T9 Telephone: 613-836-3669 email@example.com
205 Richmond Rd
Ottawa, ON, K1Z6W4 Telephone: 613-728-1255 firstname.lastname@example.org
John of God’s Crystal Bed Therapy
he Crystal Light Bed has been designed by the healing guides working through the renowned Brazilian Medium Healer – ‘John of God’. Thousands of people from all over the world visit ‘John of God’ each year to receive healing and spiritual guidance at the Casa de Dom Ignacio in the small town of Abadania in Brazil. Crystal Light Bed sessions are regularly ‘prescribed’ by the healing guides to help support the healing process. Special permission must be granted by ‘John of God’ to purchase a Crystal Light Bed and to offer this profound healing to others. The Crystal Bed Therapy has been made available in Ottawa as of Nov 2012. It consists of seven clear quartz crystals that are aligned over a person’s seven main energy centers in the body. It has coloured lights which are pulsed through the crystals in a specific rhythm to enable the spirit healers to deeply clear, and rebalance the energy that is influencing a person on all levels, spiritually, physically and emotionally. Healing can come in many forms and everyone has different experiences. Lately there have been powerful results with those seeking guidance over a life purpose. A preliminary discussion occurs first and then the Crystal Bed Therapy follows. The exact protocol of the crystal bed sessions are given to assist the client to understand what is happening to them during their time under the crystal lights when the colour/light frequencies help the body to open and cleanse the chakras, and etheric field for the spiritual guides to do their work. All healing sessions are run in accordance with the rules of the Brazilian Casa, and the entities who work through Medium Joao. Clients are asked to wear all white or light coloured clothing. Black or dark colours are discouraged from being worn, as the spiritual guides do not see the energy field around the body as clearly.
Although people arrive for the treatment for different reasons, when working with a life purpose, usually a clarity, with new ideas or more balanced perspective can result very quickly which can be quite exciting. The crystal lights can also bring an opportunity to heal and release emotional blocks – with healing constituting the lifting of vibration on all, or any, levels of mind, body spirit to assist well-being. A cure constitutes the removal of symptoms of a dis-easement. Both can allow for smooth and empowering transitions into new beginnings. Benefits of Crystal Light Bed Healing include – • Relaxing and calming, a feeling of being comforted and nourished • Releases stress, anxiety and trauma • Cleanses and balances the aura and chakras • Allows deep healing work to take place • Works on all levels – physical, mental, emotional, spiritual • Transformational experiences during or after the session include – • Feeling more relaxed and present • Easy, gentle release of blockages • Physical healing and well-being • Increased spiritual direction • Clearer and deeper meditations • More energy and vitality • Anti-aging effects – youthful glow to the face and skin Experience this unique healing tool of the Crystal Lights that can help to improve upon many of your life situations. As situations becomes clearer, your life is bound to move more smoothly and powerfully in the direction you want it to go. On a final not, meditation is one of the most important things anyone can do for themselves, whether it is for retaining peace of mind, healing your own body, or being able to contact/reconnect your spiritual side. The Crystal Lights helps one access a very deep meditative state where you might even slip off into a deep state. May your life become ever richer and fuller as you move with greater purpose, focus, and intention through each and every day. For more information or to book a session, please contact 613 789-1318 or email@example.com
Introduction to Biodynamics By Rosemary Tayler
ver the past ten years, I have become increasingly aware of how soil health is an essential component to farming and gardening. Given the recent variations in climate with late frosts, long dry spells and heavy rains, it becomes imperative to build resiliency and sustainability into our soil, such that it becomes less susceptible to these and other changes. This curiosity about soil and its essential helper, compost, led me to study biodynamic farming and gardening. I soon found a new way of thinking about soil, land, plants and animals. I learned how this living soil can be enhanced and how plants, which are part of this soil complex, can be better nurtured and become more resistant to outside forces, such as weather and pests. Biodynamics is a practical approach to reconnecting with the earth and its living elements through observation and revitalization techniques. Becoming aware of cosmic and earthly forces and working with rhythms and seasonal cycles, one can optimize basic growing practices and work in harmony with nature and one’s individual environment. These basic principles and practices have evolved from a set of eight lectures on agriculture given in 1924 by Rudolf Steiner. Several farmers, who already appreciated Steiner’s contribution to the understanding of human nature, education, medicine, science, art and spirituality, approached him asking for these lecturers, as they noted that their soils were being depleted and their crops were decreasing in quantity. The lectures were intended as a “Spiritual Foundation for the Renewal of Agriculture,” not as a set of rules and recipes to be blindly followed. Over the past 90 years, Steiner’s life-affirming approach to agriculture has been developed and refined by biodynamic farmers and gardeners around the world, including Australia, Canada, England, France, India, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa and the United States.
In 2012, after many years of trials and tests, Prince Charles and his son, Prince William, publically endorsed biodynamic practices and implemented them on their farm at Balmoral Castle in Scotland. This year, starting Sunday, April 21st from 10 am to 4 pm, together with my colleague, Kathryn Aunger, I am presenting a series of 10 teaching sessions on the “Introduction to Biodynamic Farming and Gardening” at her Demeter biodynamic certified farm between Tweed and Belleville, off Highway 37. This seasonal look at cycles, rhythms and patterns, as well as soil science, compost and food vitality offers a shift of thinking from the conventional approach to agriculture. Participants will grasp biodynamic concepts and practices that allow them to continue their own journeys into being in harmony with nature and connecting with the earth. This course program is offered with outreach support from the Society for Biodynamic Farming and Gardening in Ontario. For more information visit www.biodynamics.on.ca and www.earthhaven.ca or call 613-478-3876.
Dancing With Compassion Fatigue Bonney Elliott, M.Ed (Counselling), NP
ost every job comes with a set of occupational hazards. Professional athletes have physical injuries. Coal miners are susceptible to lung cancer. Soldiers get shot. And, caregivers burn out. Compassion fatigue is a very real occupational hazard for those of us in caring roles and professions,yet only in the past few years have we come to recognize and treat it. In family practice as a nurse practitioner and a counsellor, I see many clients struggling with the physical and emotional impact of compassion fatigue. They come to me exhausted and demoralized. Helping them can be a complicated process, negotiating the insurance paperwork, advocating with employers, and writing referrals. Recovery from compassion fatigue often takes a team approach. I have recently joined forces with a group of holistic professionals working under the umbrella of the Village Clinic in Westboro. My colleagues are clinicians who practice a variety of healing modalities, such as Homeopathy, Counselling, Massage Therapy, Hypnotherapy, and Colour Therapy. One of our initiatives is an integrative program for compassion fatigue and burnout, the first one of its kind in Ottawa. We design an individualized treatment plan with each client. My role in the Compassion Fatigue program is on recovery from burnout through therapeutic play. I offer Sand Tray Therapy, a wonderful modality for clients and colleagues who are feeling burnt out or stuck in their work, want to vision changes in their work life, and deepen their intuitive processes. Playing in the sand is relaxing and evocative of the broader natural world. Using miniature figures, natural elements and coloured sand, you build a microcosm of your inner world. This created world acts as a reflection of your life, a space to resolve conflicts, remove obstacles, and to connect to your inner being as you are witnessed and supported by an experienced therapist. Often people are able to manifest in sand tray things they would otherwise not be able to vocalize or address in traditional therapy. I read a description of a sand tray as a soul garden, a place to play with possibilities, for things that you want to create space for in your life and in your community. I have empathy for how difficult it can be to recognize the signs of professional burnout and reach out for help. I have danced with it myself. Compassion fatigue crept up on me slowly as I juggled personal and professional
caregiving roles, setting high expectations for myself in all domains. Eventually it pounced and almost pulled me under. An image that for me depicts the struggle to maintain work-life balance is of the Cat in the Hat from the famous story, standing on a ball holding everything from a goldfish bowl to a cake, all precariously balanced and bound to crash. My crash was literal. I had a car accident, that I walked away from, fully intact I thought, until whiplash set in a few days later. The joints in my neck and shoulders seized up like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz. It was my body saying “enough!” I had to take a few months off work. I had great support from my supervisor and friends and colleagues, but it was humbling to discover that superwoman I was not. Determined to heal, I mobilized a personal team of professional and personal supports that included chiropractic, massage therapy, homeopathy, Reiki, Therapeutic Touch, Qi-gong, yoga, meditation, career counselling and Sand Tray therapy. I could not have done it alone. It takes a village. I am grateful for all of the healing hands and caring hearts that helped me. My path could have taken a very different turn if I had gotten stuck there. I made some very positive life changes. It would have been easier if the different professionals who supported my recovery had worked under the same roof and could have coordinated their care. I spent a lot of time getting to appointments and explaining my situation. Everything in our lives takes space, and sometimes work takes more space than it should. There will probably never be enough hours in the day or days in the week, but I am learning to find the seams, go with the flow, and maintain equilibrium. I brush up against compassion fatigue regularly, but I have a better sense of the warning signs of full-blown burnout. Preventing burnout is less about how hard I work, than it is about finding joy and meaning in the work I do. Sand Tray work is a big part of that. If you are interested in learning more about programs and services offered by the Village Clinic, check out our website http://www.villageclinic.ca or visit our booth at the upcoming health expo at Carleton University on Mother’s Day weekend, May 11-12th. For more information on Sand Tray Therapy, contact: Bonney Elliott 613-286-3591 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
361 Churchill Avenue N, Ottawa ON, K1Z 5C4 Telephone: 1 (613) 686-6650 Email: email@example.com
several months in the manufacture of each medicine in order to create a high quality preparation suitable omeopathic medical therapy to stimulating the body effectively. is a gradual process that These medicines will each then requires patience over a required provide a non-toxic, molecular length of treatment time in order imitation pattern of a germ or a to sequentially remove layers, pollutant which will cause the analogous to those of an onion, of body to suddenly begin to focus on infection and pollutants that have all counterattacking these offending accumulated over a lifetime, young agents, rather than being complacent or old and even hereditarily, to put and doing nothing about them while, us into the situation of chronic illsimultaneously, it’s tissues and health in which we may presently WELCOMING NEW PATIENTS organs are being ravaged leaving find ourselves. It is necessary to Dr. Richard Putnam BA, DC, ND us in pain and illness. Homeopathic understand that homeopathic medicines, then, are harmless but Naturopathic Doctor (#564) medicines are totally harmless Ontario trained, registered & insured. specific instructional devices that because they are so extremely hypermotivate the body to actively initiate 37 years experience. diluted, with vigorous shaking 194 Main St., Suite 209, Ottawa, ON and become engaged in the necessary between dilutions, that they finally work of disposing of these damaging firstname.lastname@example.org contain no more solid matter and hazards, be they germs or pollutants www.drrichardputnam.com consist only of the water and alcohol 1-613-363-3205 or both in combinations and in layers. dilutant molecules which, however, Because homeopathic medicines have now become repatterned during this process do cause good responses, we can interpret from this into a molecular grouping structure which mimics the that, normally, the body will, to a large degree, simply form of the original starting-substance be it a germ or tolerate, coexist with, and eventually may even succumb a pollutant. to these negative influences unless it is specifically The pharmaceutical technique required to produce activated in this vaccine fashion to actually begin each of these medicines is quite involved and takes counteracting, with its own forces, against them. And, since we are all bound within a body which normally ages, this entire situation occurs even moreso as the body becomes older. The similarly, homeopathically diluted minerals and plants work also in like fashion but rather to bolster the body in these counteractive efforts in order to speed up this entire healing process. And so, PRESENTS: in vaccine-like fashion, each homeopathic medicine is a AN EVENING WITH DR. BRIAN GOLDMAN, MD gentle, harmless, dilute vaccine ‘signature’ of each of the Friday, June 7 , 2013, 7:30 pm, The Westin Ottawa sequential substances that have gradually accumulated YOUR BODY, YOUR CHOICE ! over the years to make us chronically unwell. And Become an Informed Healthcare Consumer we can take them medicinally in sequence through F ind ou t how to get Pe rs ona lize d ‘CAR E’ a treatment plan which will awaken our self-repair put back into Healthcare; functions to eliminate these chronic infections and Where Disease Prevention is Key pollutant accumulations in order to restore our normal And Naturopathic Doctors are IN! health. Also, as we gradually become well again, we can Learn how Integrated Healthcare is making this happen! discover the actual accumulated causes of our ill health by reading the names of all the infections and pollutants Dr. Brian Goldman, MD, prominent Canadian Emergency Room Doctor, Medical Watchdog, Author, CBC Radio One Host of “White Coat, from the labels on the homeopathic medicine vials. Black Art” and “A Physician with a Passion for Compassion” In summary, Homeopathic medicines provide a Speak with Naturopathic Doctors On-Site harmless, sequential series of instructional simulations For More Information and to Register, go to to our immune system and to our ability to counteract www.healthfusion.eventbrite.com the damaging effects of pollutants in order to allow us Get The Straight Goods on Your Healthcare to regain our health and to also identify exactly what Purchase a Copy his book The Night Shift on-site and Get it signed by the Author initially caused our pain and discomfort in the first place Limited Seats, Tickets; 25.00 Get Your Tickets Online at: www.healthfusion.eventbrite.com Or call to purchase so that we know what hazards to avoid in the future. 1-800-551-4381
Dr. Richard Putnam BA, DC, ND (613) 363-3205, www.drrichardputnam.com
SOUND BALANCING – Where Physics Meets Potential
oundSwept clients in Carleton Place, Perth and Ottawa are the first in Canada to access a unique and innovative healing modality involving tuning forks. The result of 16 years of research by Eileen McKusick on the effects of audible sound on the body, sound balancing has the potential to soothe the nervous system, quiet and focus the mind, settle emotions, relieve pain, and more. The body responds to sound! Sound Balancing is a process that uses tuning forks both diagnostically and therapeutically to locate and correct distortions in the body’s energy field, or biofield. Vibrating forks are passed over the body, starting at the edge of the biofield (on average, 5 to 6 feet to either side of the body) and moving inwards towards the midline of the body. The terrain of the biofield appears to contain a compartmentalized record of an individual’s life history, with different areas of the field storing information related to different emotions, relationships and time periods. This understanding of the ‘Biofield Anatomy’ is unique to the Sound Balancing process. Depending on where the area of noise falls in the biofield, we are able to determine at what age a particular trauma occurred and what the primary emotion or relationship was that was involved. Places that store history of trauma are generally charged and stuck, and just as lithotripsy uses sound waves to break up kidney and gall stones, the sound produced by the forks breaks up energy knots and facilitates circulation of the subtle energy in the field. Some pockets contain very non-beneficial frequency compositions, or ‘pathological oscillations’, and may be related to unprocessed (or ‘undigested’) trauma from an earlier time. Over time, these areas of ‘scrambled information’ can create a breakdown of the physical body in that region. Patterns of thought, habitual emotion, and disturbances are easily identified. For example, if someone feels angry often, there will be a lot of charge (as evidenced by the increase in volume of the tuning forks) over the liver, the organ that stores and processes anger. If a person has pain in a particular place, for example, sciatica, there will be a significant amount of static in the tone produced in that area. Tuning forks work therapeutically through the process of entrainment: initially they resonate with whatever dissonance they encounter, but after a few moments the orderly sine wave produced by the fork overtakes the dissonance being produced by the body. It has a balancing effect, settling the frequency down if it is too elevated, stimulating it if it is under functioning.
Master Sound Healer Sound Balancing Originator
Eileen McKusick Level 1 Class
May 24 - 26, 2013 Spirit Matters Almonte, ON
Details at www.soundbalancing.net to register: email@example.com
Brought to you by:
www.soundswept.ca 613-4 85-6569 The Center for Disease control estimates that 85% of all diseases are caused by emotional stress. The patterns of this stress show up as imbalances in energy distribution throughout the biofield. Sound Balancing provides the body and the mind with the opportunity to return to an energetically balanced center and move from there. Sound Balancing can be utilized as a stand-alone practice or integrated into other forms of bodywork such as massage, reiki, physical therapy and more. The basic technique is easy to learn and can be grasped in a 3 day training. SoundSwept is excited to announce that Eileen McKusick, the originator of Sound Balancing, will be teaching a Level 1 course May 24-26 at Spirit Matters in Almonte. For more information please visit www.soundbalancing.net and/or www.eileenmckusick.com or call Karin Nakamura of SoundSwept at 613-4856569; to register email Eileen directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor...
and again buy more time to survive. If severe, this is diagnosed as kidney failure and is the cause of death in 70% of cancer deaths—unrelated April has been co-opted as physically to the cancer, totally cancer month in our country. related to intense fear. at Carp Ridge Let’s talk about it again. of these mechanisms As you might know from Natural Health Clinic areBoth primitive and unconscious. previous columns, my We have seen spectacular OPEN HOUSE & FREE TALK understanding of what cancer is Treating Cancer & IV Vitamin C Therapy recoveries using the emotional and how to prevent and treat it Saturday, April 13th, 2013 between 1-3pm. changed radically through my Leesa Kirchner, ND, Board Certified in Naturopathic Oncology. links predicted by German New Medicine and helping people NEXT MIND-BODY HEALING TALK: exposure to a set of previously unknown healing principles A new way to understand & treat illness overcome them or ride them out as the body goes through its Tuesday, April 23rd - 7:00-8:30pm which form the basis of German In the clinic kitchen. $20 payable at time of talk. healing. New Medicine (GNM). Staying Healthy through the Seasons However, and this is an To summarize, GNM Saturday, April 27th • 9:30 - 3:30 pm essential understanding, most The Liver & the Body: Liver cleansing & maintenance; conditions postulates that biological shocks, related to liver function: PMS, depression, irritability & anger, people cannot use GNM on its events that trigger our survival menopause, cravings, poor vision, skin problems, allergies. own. It is too big a leap from Cost per retreat $120+HST impulses, lead to changes in what we think cancer is and the brain that activate specific PLEASE RSVP! requires a trust in the body’s tissues and organs which then Call 613-839-1198 ability to heal that most modern 2386 Thomas Dolan Parkway, Carp, attempt to help us deal with the just up the hill from where Thomas people have lost. shock. Cancer can be one of those Dolan intersects with Carp Road. At our clinic, we screen helpful mechanisms and it could www.ecowellness.com cancer patients for their ability be that our difficulties finding the to use emotional healing as the only path to treat treatment is that we have misunderstood it. their condition. For most people, we recommend An example is when a woman experiences a “worry naturopathic treatments alone or in combination with shock” for the health of someone very close to her, such medical treatments, preferably with all practitioners as her child, partner or a parent. Her brain will respond by stimulating breast glands to grow as a response working together. Emotional therapy is known to be to nourish this person. If the emergency hasn’t been helpful for cancer even without GNM, so we often resolved within three months, there will be a noticeable recommend working with a therapist for support during treatment. lump which we call glandular breast cancer. Recently, we have been very fortunate to welcome However, if the crisis is solved, the cells stop growing naturopathic doctor Leesa Kirchner to our practice. instantly. I have seen this quite clearly. She is one of a handful of ND’s in Canada who is board Ductal breast cancer on the other hand, which is far certified in naturopathic oncology and has started a more prevalent by ten to one, is part of a healing process suite for IV therapies such as vitamin C and mistletoe after a “separation shock” is resolved. Specific treatment at our beautiful Carp Ridge site. Dr Kirchner welcomes may not be required. collaboration with oncologists and uses therapies that There are literally thousands of details within the are designed to enhance current treatments, reduce GNM material which can be critical for people with potential side effects, kill cancer cells and support the cancer and other conditions. We have saved OHIP $3 body, mind and spirit. million over the last ten years through using GNM in Dr Kirchner has a strong scientific background and our clinic because of medical procedures that were not concentrates on using agents that have been adequately needed. One of the pearls we have learned from GNM studied to show their safety and effectiveness in the is the role of fear in cancer. treatment of cancer. When conventional treatment When we have fear resulting from a “death shock”, is completed, programs are focussed on preventing such as from a cancer diagnosis, and if that shock recurrence and maintaining optimal overall health. persists, a specific area in the brain will stimulate extra If you would like to meet Dr Kirchner and discover lung cells to grow in order to bring more air into the more about how she practices, she will be speaking at body, improving chance of survival. This is what is the open house with me on Saturday, April 13 from 1 to typically called lung a metastasis, but in GNM it is seen 3pm at Carp Ridge Natural Health Clinic. as its own process, unrelated physically to the primary
cancer. When the fear is of leaving our close people, or an “abandonment crisis”, because we think we are dying, the brain sends a message to the cells in the kidney tubules to grow in order to hold water in the body
Katherine Willow is a fourth generation N.D. with 30 years of experience in helping people manage complicated conditions with simple but profound methods. To book with Drs Kirchner or Willow, please call Colette at reception at 613-839-1198 or book online at www.ecowellness.com
Society’s View of Elders
n the March article, I talked about how we don’t have a tendency to see the elders amongst us. The other impression that I have is that society has a tendency to see many older people as demanding and selfcentered rather than wise. Does this mean we have fewer elders than previous generations in our society because we do not ‘see’ or respect it and therefore does not get fully developed or expressed? Or is it because we have become more ego-centric and therefore not as interested in developing our wisdom or interest in how we can make a difference in our society? I suspect the former is the greater culprit. Without a ‘fertile ground to flourish’, the potential atrophies. The media has not demonstrated much interest in showing us the elders amongst us. I have seen very few articles in magazines, newspapers or television about elders’ contributions to society although I have no doubt there are many amazing ones. They rarely use people over 40 in advertising other than for promoting seniors’ residences or medical conditions. They seem invisible. The fact that a few movies have come out recently about older people and have had great reviews from the critics and the public, I think is an indication that we are interested. Society seems to attach value only to those contributing in the workplace. Once they leave, they belong ‘out to pasture’, out of the way. Many of us, however are not interested in the leisurely retirement of just staying home, golfing and/or travelling, we want to participate. The fact that society does not recognize elders affects those of us who are transitioning from adulthood to elderhood (usually between 50 and 65) as we experience a sense that we no longer belong where we used to have a very strong sense of belonging. I assume it affects as well the generation just before us, who are already elders and feel separate from society, not experiencing being an integrated part of it.
Life in Transition Coach
613-833-1988 email@example.com www.lifeintransition.ca In-depth Programs Lectures/Workshops One-on-one Consultations
Life in Transition Coach
Life in Transition Coach
Life in Transition Coach
Life in Transition Coach
All of this is happening at a time when our lives have been extended 25 to 30 years at the end of our adult years and likely to be in relatively good health. In Thérèse Kelders addition, the boomers are the first generation to outlive 613-833-1988 all previous ones before us as well as being the largest firstname.lastname@example.org cohort of all time. www.lifeintransition.ca Why does all of this matter? Because how society In-depth our Programs views us impacts how we will experience elder Lectures/Workshops years ourselves. We will need to change society’s views One-on-one Consultations of us, starting with our own perspective on aging. Although we are seen as the generation that had the most opportunities, the most privileged, most of us lived a full and active life, we worked hard, and wanted the best for our children and actively involved in their lives. We were demanding what we wanted in life, Thérèseof Kelders we had high expectations and we fought for what we 613-833-1988 believed in. I think we learned a lot from what we lived and as a result, email@example.com have a lot to give back. www.lifeintransition.ca Furthermore, as we transition into elderhood, we have Programs a tendency to shift from busyness to In-depth meaningfulness. Lectures/Workshops Our interests turn more towards our heart’s/soul’s One-on-one Consultations needs than those of our ego. We are less interested in doing more than doing what matters. I believe this is a very worthwhile endeavour. Thérèse Kelders offers one-on-one consultations and programs to support people transitioning into their third stage of life (normally 50 and 65), from Thérèsebetween Kelders adulthood to elderhood, to realize 613-833-1988 a more meaningful and fulfilled firstname.lastname@example.org life. www.lifeintransition.ca I would love your opinions In-depth Programs on this article. Lectures/Workshops Please go to my Website, under Blog, click the title One-on-one Consultations of this article then put in your comments. Thérèse Kelders Life in Kelders Transition Coach Thérèse 613-833-1988 613-833-1988 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org www.lifeintransition.ca
In-depth Programs Lectures/Workshops 73 One-on-one Consultations
Lila endorses and recommends programs that are intelligent, helpful and aim to support the wise play of our global community. Go Slowly
Meditation Consultation with
Private consultation available on a by-donation basis
Meditation, Spiritual and Yoga Audio Downloads Available On-line!
a Now available at web-site when you sign up for enews! What is The Essential Skill Set?
It’s “TESS” – Lila’s suggested Skill-Set for life in general!
Sign up at lilacentre.ca
Lila is a sanskrit word meaning that life is a divine play. I invite you to check out Lila On-line for support in learning to play our parts wisely and also to see the following pages for Lila endorsed businesses. Peace & Happiness, Jane / Lila
April 2013 613-545-1063 www.lilacentre.ca
m.M.Townsend D. AC, homŒopath
Classical Homeopathy Acupuncture & Shiatsu 613•546•3967 Twenty-five + years in private practice
• Consultation en français, entièrement bilingue. your body’s4.3” own energetic • Letyour x 3.5”pathways speed healing and enhance well-being.
Experience the latest—and the oldest — in the nano-physics of medicine.
• Move your life to a higher plane
while deepening your roots and shedding your ailments.
Multi-generational approaches to Classical Chinese energetics can address inherited states as deftly as last month’s virus.
Experience Kingston, Ontario
Practicing Biological Dental Hygiene
Your smile is important to us.
31 Years Experience
Additional specialized services also include...
• Microscopic evaluation of your plaque • Oral Cancer screening with Velscope Technology
ContaCt us today to sChedule your appointment.
Deborah Steacy is President of the Dental Hygiene Practitioners of Ontario. She is also an active member of the International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine.
2013 is a proud partner of April
75 VISIT KINGSTON!
Discover Sustainable Healthy Living at the Living Green Expo April 27 & 28, 2013 Downtown at Ottawa Convention Centre 55 Colonel By Drive
ayor Jim Watson recently proclaimed April to be “Earth Month” in Ottawa, in celebration of the Living Green Expo, a new initiative created through the collaboration of the Ottawa EcoFair and ECO EXPO, and presented by Ottawa Convention Centre, a LEED Gold certified building. Mayor Watson took the opportunity to promote his vision of a more liveable,
Open the Door April 27–28, 2013 Ottawa Convention Centre – 55 Colonel By drive A new event organized by the Ottawa EcoFair and ECO EXPO in partnership with Ottawa Convention Centre, a LEED Gold certiﬁed facility.
Over 125 exhibitors will show you simple changes to make a positive impact on the environment, live a healthy life and meet your budget.
Featuring • thought-provoking speakers • local food and beverage products featuring organic items • an eco-fashion show Platinum Sponsor
• money-saving green products • health and wellness products • Kids Fun Zone • Local Learning Lounge
Entrance is by donation with funds supporting the great work of these local organizations: Supporting Sponsors
COG Canadian Organic Growers Cultivons Biologique Canada Ottawa - St. Lawrence - Outaouais Chapter Section d’Ottawa - Saint Laurent - Outaouais
RGB 157, 196, 62 CKMY 44, 4, 98, 0 HEX # 9dc43e
RGB 0, 114, 54 CKMY 90, 30, 100, 20 HEX # 007236
COG www.livinggreenexpo.ca Canadian Organic Growers Cultivons Biologique Canada
green city, saying, “Events like the Living Green Expo help to solidify the message that we’re sending to our residents that we all have an obligation to be more environmentally conscious and sustainable.” This community-organized event will promote the national capital region’s burgeoning green and wellness businesses and respond to Ottawa’s growing demand for eco-friendly and healthy alternatives. The volunteer-driven event will feature over 125 exhibitors, thoughtprovoking presentations, an innovative learning lounge, an eco-fashion show, a children’s fun zone, and the announcement of the winners of the Home Sweet Home Student Challenge, a competition to design Rick Mercer’s green “granny flat” on the grounds of 24 Sussex Drive. It’s easy to get to Ottawa Convention Centre, located in the heart of downtown –– take a bus, bicycle, walk or drive (or even canoe down the canal!). Admission is by donation, and proceeds collected will be donated to support two locally-based organisations that have demonstrated leadership to improve sustainability in the Ottawa community: Ecology Ottawa and Canadian Organic Growers (Ottawa – St. Lawrence – Outaouais Chapter). The Living Green Expo has a number of generous sponsors that helped make the event possible including, terra20, the City of Ottawa, Mediaplus, St. Joseph Communications, Ottawa Business Journal, and Metro News. The event will also be Bullfrog powered, using 100% green electricity. Don’t miss the Living Green Expo, Saturday, April 27 and Sunday, April 28 from 10am to 4pm at Ottawa Convention Centre, downtown at 55 Colonel By Drive.
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
In Ottawa serving Ontario & Western Quebec
Holistic Wellness Coach Aileen McKenna
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist Certified Small Group Facilitator Certified Eco-Village Design Consultant Certified Facilitator – Open Space Technology
Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272 613-795-3751
email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com
For more information please visit our website at livinggreenexpo.ca
odyTalk is a revolutionary, consciousness-based health care system that helps to re-establish communication between the parts and systems of the body and mind that have stopped communicating due to various stresses. Roots causes for disease at the mental, emotional, physical and spiritual levels are brought into awareness enabling the body to shift them, as well as their symptoms. Once stresses accumulated in the body and mind are recognized, they begin to disintegrate and the body is able to heal itself. It is so simple! The body and mind know how to heal. This process is encoded within our DNA and the innate life force that animates all bodies and minds. However, when the stresses of our fast paced lives are not dealt with systematically by our immune system, central nervous system, digestive system, etc., they accrue and disease manifests. Yet, if we allow ourselves to listen to the bodies’ wisdom, which is hard wired to heal, it effortlessly reveals where blockages and imbalanced parts and systems exist. Observation of these imbalances, while tapping related suggestions for change into the bodies’ information field, enables the unfolding of an effective and long lasting healing process to occur. What a natural and respectful way of honouring the healing power harnessed within the body and mind and creating changes for optimum health at a core level.
I’ve been seeing Lori for only one month, and in less than three sessions I’ve had results that I didn’t even know were possible! I’ve gone from having to go to the bathroom 3-4 times an hour, which I thought was normal due to drinking a lot of water, to going once every two hours! Its such a liberating feeling and I feel very happy and thankful! -Flavia, Nutritionist, Ottawa For more information and/or to book a session, please contact Lori Hollohan at: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or visit: www.energythrive.com. Lori Hollohan M.A. is a Certified Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Cranial Sacral and Reiki II Practitioner and Hatha Yoga Teacher. Her business, “Energy Thrive”, is located in a BodyTalk office within a healing arts house at 484 Gladstone Ave. (at Lyon St). Lori is able to provide insurance receipts for her clients.
My Son Wrote a Book:
T h e Sc i e n c e of No Patricia Wall ©Take the Lid Off Inc
am already impressed that my son wrote a book. It’s particularly gratifying that I’m impressed with what he wrote in his book. He tells me that I taught him everything in the book – words to make a mother’s chest burst with pride. It’s not true, which keeps me humble. My son has taken concepts that are important to me and that I personally believe are important to the world, and he has brought them to another level. I have been teaching self-mastery for over fifteen years. My goal is to give people the tools and insight so they can make their lives fulfill their dreams. It’s exciting to watch people make big changes and enjoy their achievements. I take a sneaky, smug glee when they’re shocked by what is possible, and what they’ve accomplished, because no one really expects such results. I am dedicated to providing practical tools that work in busy lives.
An energizing & inspiring life changing EVENT! W hole E a r th E xpo 2 0 1 3 , M ay 11 & 12
DISCOVER creative ideas for enlightened, healthy and conscious living PARTICIPATE in workshops & presentations conducted by experts BROWSE hundreds of leading edge products and services Join our Mother’s Day Event on Sunday May 12 Lots of activities and surprises for Mums, Kids & Dads! Carleton University’s Fieldhouse Bronson Avenue, Ottawa
FOR OTTAWAʼS PARENTING COMMUNITY COMMUNITY
Andrew Wall, my son, takes the word practical to a whole new level: “The Science of No is tailored to be applicable if you are naked on a sheet of industrial plastic with a gun to your head, or dealing with children, or when your boss is a jerk. Your skills will apply to your life.” from The Science of No
I find some of the real-life stories he uses to illustrate his points challenging – even disturbing. Is he more in-your-face because he’s male, or because of his personality? The true-life stories he uses to illustrate points are often disturbing, so maybe it’s because he’s lived a challenging life. Anyone who has problems with bullies, either directly or for someone in their life, needs this book. Anyone who is compromising their happiness to sustain a relationship will find answers. “There are great relationships, bad relationships and mediocre relationships. Great relationships often become mediocre because people won’t demand happiness.” Andrew Wall Anyone who is frustrated by the results of being a “good person” will find solutions. “I have learned what it takes to do the right thing, and why people do the wrong thing, or nothing, so very often. I know why nice people finish last, and why bad things happen to good people.“ Andrew Wall This book goes beyond “you tell people how to treat you” into the energy of dominance and expressing your life purpose. Discover your purpose, and how to live it, in The Science of No. Patricia Wall Osloda : Unlock Your Everyday Greatness ttloinc.com andrewgwall.com 613-831-8956
Connect with your Spirit Guides Workshop Guided by Date Time Location Cost Limit
Connect with your Spirit Guides. Lisa Virtue Saturday, April 20, 2013. 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Right Path Healing Studio. $200 per person 8 people
This workshop was conceived by Spirit Guides who wish to reveal the simple steps you can take to connect with your own Guides. This description of the workshop is taken from their own words, recorded by Lisa Virtue on March 6, 2013. “We bring you love and light. The workshop we desire is for the purpose of your greater connection and awareness. During the sessions, you will contact your Spirit Guides—beings of light who know who you truly are and have your best interests at heart. As Spirit Guides, we can help you make choices that will serve you and your purpose here, bringing you joy and fulfillment. We will encourage you towards that which is best for your soul and in alignment with the experience you wished to have here on Earth.
Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Sept 2013 – Apr 2014 with Megan Campbell & Todd Lavictoire
200 Hour Yoga Alliance Approved Teaching Certification
Early bird special! Save $300 until July 1st! Registration deadline is Sept 1, 2013
Energy & Crystal Healing Clears blocks and brings your system into balance
Medium Communicate with angels, guides or spirits Blessed Himalayan Salt Powerful angel blessing for Lisa Virtue an amazing healing bath RightPathHealing.com email@example.com (613) 296-4271
This kind of connection is available to all human beings who are willing to connect with their Guides. We are here whether you acknowledge us or choose to ignore or not believe in us. If you choose to find out, if you choose to investigate the possibility that this is available to you, we will do everything in our power to help you develop your connection skills. We can help you find peace and ease in your daily living. We can guide you to find your way through life in a fashion that feels more authentic to you, better aligned with who you truly are in your heart of hearts. We know your pure essence because we see it. We know what feels good to you. We sense the difference between the things that you do and enjoy as a soul and the mere habits and confusions you have developed in your human experience. We can help you feel better. We can ease your mind, help with decisions, and give you clear guidance about your choices that will help you move in directions that will make you feel your best. You will see.” This is an adventure. Your advisors are here. We are eager to connect with you more deeply. Just learn to turn on your inner radio so we can be with you more directly. With great support and vast love for you from the beyond, Your Spirit Guides.” Please call 613 296-4271 to reserve
Visit our website for more details and to register! www.yogaandtea.com
Right Path Healing
The SILVA LIFE System Empowering yourself for a Better You, a Better World
Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor & Silva Coach 1 800 226 4428 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.silvamethod.ca
Tone Magazine email@example.com www.tone.ca 613-435-TONE
Mailing address : Tone Magazine, 80 Terence Matthews, Suite 5,2013 Kanata, ON K2M 2B4 April
C.P.M. agreement # 40011389.
April 2013 issue