April 2017, Vol. 32, #8, Priceless
M a g azine A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 30 years
TCM Recommendations for Spring By Steve Ryu
* SPIRITUAL * SPEAKER SERIES with Daniel Mauro
1. Cultivate a Multidimensional
Mind & Think Like a MASTER
2. Shattering 12 Harmful MYTHS
On Earth Day, deepen your connection with Mother Earth and every living being with Master Lynda Chaplin. See page 8
of New Age Spirituality 3. A MODERN Reincarnation Study Tracing Past Lives of Seven 20th Century Pioneers, Leaders & Intellectual Icons
April 29 * May 6 * May 13 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Reserve your SPACE in advance www.SpeakingVisionaries.com ~ See article on page 3 for details ~
NEW INNOVATIVE ETHICAL TWIST ON DONATION-CROWDFUNDING NO ongoing fees, NO long exhaustive campaigns, NO pleading for money Free Information Session every WED, 7:00 pm, Collab Space, 70 Bongard Av Contact: (613) 862-4717 ~ http://crowdfundingmyway.com/tone
OPEN HOUSE Relax, Enjoy Refreshments & Attend Complimentary Lectures
SATURDAY MAY 13, 2017 9am - 5pm
Emerald Plaza, 1547 Merivale Rd, suite 430, Nepean ON (Main Intersection - Merivale Road & Meadowlands Dr.)
IHN’s Diploma Program Overview in Applied Holistic Nutrition Courses, Certification, Faculty, Admission Requirements, & Campus Culture With Campus Manager & Program Advisor Joshua Fujimagari HBBA
Nutrition & The Environment: GMO Foods: Problems and Solutions With Breanne Gibson MSc., DHN (Hon.), NNCP
Advanced Nutritional Symptomatology: Optimal Digestion through Nutrition With Dr. Joel Villeneuve BSc., ND
Psychology of Disease: The Language of Stress: Problems and Solutions With Deborra Cameron RN
Info on Course / Curriculum & Career Opportunities I Natural Health Exhibit & Holistic Food Samples I Book Sale I Win Door Prizes
Earth Day event with Master Lynda - Master.Lynda@DrSha.com
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. April 2017 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Science & Spirituality Speaker Series:
How To Develop a Multidimensional Mind, Cultivate Truth Sensing Mastery, and Minimize Error-Prone Thinking by Daniel Mauro
here is no shortage of content to be found in the arenas of modern spirituality and personal growth. We are inundated with teachings from thought leaders, spiritual gurus, and new age pioneers. Why then is it still so difficult to discern true vs. false, deceptive vs. accurate, propaganda vs. genuine knowledge? For starters, the rise of social media, youtube videos, and search engine convenience has fundamentally robbed us of our ability to accurately discern what’s what. Bombarded with information overload from the incessant digital stream, we no longer carry sufficient mental capacities (such as focused attention, memory recall, strategic filtering) to evaluate the veracity of incoming data. Worse yet, subsets of the populace continue to be indoctrinated into conventional dogmas of society, including formal education, mainstream media, organized religion, government “studies,” politics, and corporate advertising. As such, it is essential that we take a step back and begin to cultivate and “relocate” those hidden potentials of our mind so we can more masterfully sequence, organize and filter the informational challenges of our modern lives. In this 3-week lecture series, we’ll delve into the core facets of empowered cognition, truth sensing, and spiritual discernment. www.wateruniverse.ca
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
Lecture 1: “Cultivate a Multidimensional Mind and Think Like a Master.” Discernment is essential in all aspects of our lives. Everything from maintaining friendships/romantic partnerships, doing scientific research, and making wise business decisions, to getting the best job, eating the right foods, and finding a great counsellor/healer requires that we make discerning choices to honour our personal needs. Regardless of the knowledge source, it’s always necessary to evaluate and filter the quality and accuracy of incoming information. This workshop offers a powerful model for cultivating multidimensional thinking and truth sensing capacities so that we can be more empowered in a world of information overwhelm. Saturday, April 29 @ 7 pm Lecture 2: “Shattering 12 Menacing Myths of New Age Spirituality.” With the discovery of Chiron in 1977 we stepped officially into the New Age of spirituality, healing, and the search for enlightenment. Much of this “new age” is actually a recycling of ancient wisdom traditions like astrology, Buddhism, yoga, meditation, and sound healing. Unfortunately, this modernized approach has brought with it some problematic mindsets, practices, and belief systems. At its core, New Age spirituality may be characterized as subjective, superficial, and self-absorbed. To that end, we’ll reveal 12 harmful MYTHS permeating the New Age movement. Saturday, May 6 @ 7 pm Lecture 3: “A Modern Reincarnation Study: Exploring Past Lives of Seven 20th Century Pioneers, Thought Leaders, Intellectual Icons.” Reincarnation and karma involves a variety of lofty cosmic laws and spiritual principles. In this lecture, we’ll trace the past lives of 7 prominent individuals (from the last century) with a view to outlining key reincarnation principles and “quasi” karmic laws. As a human being becomes more evolved, their soul takes on advanced spiritual qualities and their planetary service is increasingly impactful for humanity’s evolution. Saturday, May 13 @ 7 pm This 3-Session Spirituality Speaker series takes place on three consecutive Saturdays: April 29, May 6, May 13, from 7 to 9 pm. $20 per lecture or $48 for the whole series. Kindly register your space at: email@example.com OR purchase your discounted tickets in advance at www.SpeakingVisionaries.com. See ad on the cover.
Wholistic Healing Re-Treats
c. The Sirius Spiritual Eco-village is located near the town of Amherst in western Massachusetts. It is a constantly strive to be at the leading edge in the sister eco-village of Findhorn in Scotland. It focuses fields that I practise (counselling, coaching and on sustainability and permaculture. It is an oasis of hypnotherapy) and one of the ways that I do this is healthy and Spiritual living. to take experiential workshops at d. The Omega Institute for Holistic wholistic learning, healing and reLearning is located in Rhinebeck, s treat centres. Over the years, I have New York, in the upper Hudson s s e lln stayed at about two dozen such River Valley. we smokin wonderful places. In this article I The vegetarian/vegan meals frui will describe six of the intentional at Omega are wholesome and healing communities that I have delicious. My experience at Omega xie ty stayed at many times. They have is that, if there is something you self -esteem all been running for over 30 years. need to learn, you will walk right Here are their websites. Enjoy doing t h into it at Omega. weig a virtual tour: e. The Esalen Re-Treat Institute is COUNSELLING, COACHING www.thehaven.ca www.findhorn.org located at Big Sur, on the rocky Pacific www.siriuscommunity.org & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE coast near Carmel, California. Many www.eomega.org www.esalen.org Richard M. Haney of the greatest minds in Spiritual Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist www.hollyhock.ca teaching, psychology, literature and a. The Haven is located on Gabriola (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 the arts live or have lived and taught Island just off Nanaimo, British at Esalen. The Beatles performed Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. Columbia. Last month I participated concerts there early in their career. www.ottawahypnosis.com in a leadership and learning Esalen has four hot tubs built right www.ottawacounselling.com workshop called “Building Personal out on the Pacific. The vegetarian/ Mastery”. vegan food there is superb. b. The Findhorn Spiritual Community, Learning f. The Hollyhock Lifelong Learning Centre is Centre and Eco-village has several sites in the located on Cortes Island, British Columbia. There countryside of northern Scotland. are community residences and picturesque cabins along the beach. They focus on All of the administration and chores are Spirituality, environmental issues, community collaboratively alloted and done in rotation. development, leadership training and personal Findhorn aims to be a prototype eco-model growth. Hollyhock is an ideal place to go for a for many other eco-villages around the globe. personal or Spiritual re-treat……..Bon Voyage! The folks at Findhorn continually “attune” to a very high Spiritual frequency. “Attunement circles” This article was written by: Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. spontaneously occur each day. (Counselling and Mediation). Richard has been practising
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. Richard by phone: (613) 234-5678. By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology
For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Individual service as well as follow-up queries
Over 25 years experience
Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family.
1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Energy that heals and rejuvenates Georges Lakhovsky & Nikola Tesla PolarAidTM supports well-being with natural energy. It restores the body’s disrupted energy flows that create illnesses and health issues. By holding PolarAidTM disc in your hand, you become a supreme healer without a single day of training.
SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS WITH: “I was working with the most modern diagnostic and therapeutic devices that go beyond today’s conventional medicine for thousands of years. But PolarAid impressed me by its ease of use and efficiency. It is a small device with no supply of electrical power, but it achieves fantastic effects and results in a person who uses it. Many years of my learning and efforts have been brought into question when I realized that every person, without a single day of training, with PolarAid in his/her hands becomes the most powerful, supreme healer. PolarAid proved to be extraordinary within my gynecological practice. I advised my patients to sit on PolarAid while drinking coffee and talking with their friends. It was a very satisfying therapeutic time to resolve all sorts of their problems, ranging from the most banal vaginal infections to more serious gynecological problems. At the same time they would get rid of some persistent urinary symptoms or annoying hemorrhoids and their painful menstrual cramping would disappear. Using the same procedure, sitting on a disk or holding PolarAid between their legs while lying down, the men would recover their prostate, improve their libido and their sex life. About the author: Dr Dino Tomic, Specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics for more than 20 years. He deals with exploring other treatment options beyond the limited domain of conventional medicine: quantum and bioresonance medicine, homeopathy, acupuncture and energy techniques.
No radiation or magnetism. No expiry date. Maintenance-free. Visit us at Booth #724 at the Total Health Show in Toronto April 21-23, 2017 April 2017
• All kinds of pain • All types of gynecological problems, sterility • PMS, menopausal symptoms • Problems with urinary system • Enhances libido, sexual desire • Problems with prostate gland and impotency • Constipation and bowel problems • Hemorrhoids • Stomach problems • Fosters liver and spleen function and incites body detoxification at all levels • Lung problems • Improves the cardiac muscle • Problems with thyroid gland • Enhances immune system • Sinus problems • Migraine • Problems with bones, joints and spine • Anxiety and nervousness • Insomnia • Energizing the drinking water • Many other conditions which are the results of the lack of vital energy
www.polaraidhealth.com AskDrTomic@polaraidhealth.com 1 450 486 7888 5
Foreword Clarion Review of Redemption
This review of Redemption – soon to be a movie – is right on!!
An admirable command of language brings to every scene a striking visual clarity.
lost manuscript from 1975 reveals the depths of a sensitive man’s soul in this pondering look at life nearing a crossroads. Not until 2011 did Ian Prattis pick up his heartfelt novel again, a book he titled Redemption. Set in the Hebrides off the northwest coast of Scotland, an unpretentious locale steeped in regional culture, this story focuses on an eccentric yet down-to-earth protagonist named Callum Mor. Subject to individual understanding and loaded with the symbolism often found in parables, the book alludes to more than what is openly stated in the narrative. Like all interpretive fiction, Prattis’s writing will communicate a different meaning to anyone who attempts to analyze his carefully crafted words. Short but powerful, Redemption may leave a person wondering whether pieces of this tale were intentionally obscured, for the plot covers an extensive period of time from Callum Mor’s childhood to maturity.
Pine Gate Mindfulness Community Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh Silent Meditation 7pm – 8pm every Thursday Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7
First Saturdays – Day of Mindfulness 5pm – 8pm Contact 613 726 0881 • email@example.com http://ianprattis.com/PineGate/index.html https://www.facebook.com/pinegatesangha/ An admirable command of language brings to every scene a striking visual clarity. In this descriptive passage, the devastated mood surrounding Callum Mor’s father can be seen and felt in contrast to the harsh elements of nature: “In the wake of the gale, the day had produced a hazy sunlight that made the reeds in the marsh glimmer, but the unexpected heat in the day could do nothing to warm the cold, vacant, deadness that now enveloped Andrew.” As Callum Mor ages, he slips into abject loneliness and succumbs to alcoholism before he goes through a positive reawakening. Gentle, with a poignant affection for animals, this cosmically aware lover of God’s creatures seems to collapse under the brutality of man’s instinct to inflict pain. To a certain degree, this somewhat typical view of morality confronting immorality causes the novel to fall into a vague realm of timeless storytelling for any indefinable, poetic piece without a specific purpose. This does not detract from the literary quality, but anyone seeking an indisputable message will not find it here. In this scene, winter emerges as a villainous character: “The wind from the north soughed softly along the shore but froze any man it gripped. The cold stole into every door and numbed the hands and minds of those unprepared for it.” Ian Prattis, Zen Teacher, Professor Emeritus, peace and environmental activist, was born in the UK. He has spent much of his life living and teaching in Canada. His moving and eye-opening books are a memorable experience for anyone whoenjoys reading about primordial tendencies. Beneath the polished urban facade remains a part ofhuman nature that few want to acknowledge, either due to fear or simply because it is easier todeny the basic instincts that have kept us alive on an unforgiving earth. Prattis bravely goes therein his outstanding literary work.” Julia Ann Charpentier AVAILABLE AT www.Amazon.com and www.BarnesandNoble.com Autographed Book - Order Through: http://www.ianprattis.com/Redemption.html
Three Ways to Balance Your Life
hen your life seems hectic and out of control and you’ve got endless demands tugging at you from all directions, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed, fatigued and just plain stressed out! Believe it or not, balancing your life does not mean having to make massive changes. You don’t have to quit your job, abandon your family and escape to a remote retreat in order to feel peaceful and happy. In fact, true balance is something that starts WITHIN YOU first and foremost - no matter what else is happening in your outer life circumstances. Following are three simple ways to begin building a greater sense of inner peace and harmony: 1) Quiet time. One of the first things we tend to sacrifice when we’re busy is our personal time. Instead we devote all of our energy and attention to caring for others, multi-tasking, meeting responsibilities and “being productive.” Over time this depletes our energy and we begin to feel more and more burdened by our responsibilities. Just a few minutes spent sitting quietly in meditation or reading a book can do wonders in transforming stress into peace and happiness. 2) Self-care. Beyond making time for things you enjoy, there are other ways to nurture and love yourself on a daily basis. Getting a full 8 hours of sleep (or as much as you personally need) is an excellent start, as well as eating nutritious food, exercising daily and speaking lovingly and kindly to yourself. 3) Flexibility. Did you know that one of the biggest causes of stress is rigid expectations? We all do it from time to time; get a mental picture of how our lives “should be” - and get really annoyed when our outer circumstances don’t cooperate! One of the biggest gifts you can give yourself is a flexible state of mind. In other words, learn how to detach from unrealistic expectations and go with the flow.
These inner changes can make a dramatic difference in your state of well-being, but you may also want to examine your outer life circumstances and see if there are other small changes you can make to help support your inner work. For example, you might choose to let go of certain obligations that are no longer meaningful or enjoyable to you. Just because you agreed to host weekly meetings for a support group three years ago, doesn’t mean you have to keep doing it forever - especially if it’s become a drain on your time and energy! Be willing to let go of any activities that no longer complement the lifestyle you desire, and you’ll create a space for greater fulfillment, joy and peace. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
GRATITUDE: The Key to Health and Happiness
ratitude is unconditional appreciation for everyone and everything. To be grateful is to feel appreciation for all that you have and all that you receive; for all the gifts of life. Just think about the times you've felt really grateful for someone or something. How did that feel? Wouldn't you like to feel that way all the time? When you approach life from a place of gratitude, your entire life will be a profound experience of transformation. When you respond to events in your life with gratitude, seemingly negative events are viewed differently. You begin to see them as gifts and special wisdom teachers. What other response would you have to a gift and special wisdom teacher than gratitude? There are a lot of programs and methods to develop gratitude. A popular method used by many is to keep a gratitude journal, written in daily, with what you are grateful for. You can also make the intention to be grateful for everything and throughout the day, express gratitude as often as possible, silently or when appropriate, out loud. For example, you can thank your car, your shoes, the road, your office, the person serving your coffee, your food, etc. Everyone and everything has a soul and souls really like to be appreciated! Gratitude has the effect of spreading heart-warming
cheer everywhere it’s practiced You can also apply soul healing techniques to help develop your gratitude and to remove blockages to your gratitude. Some of us have more blockages than others. Ego is a big blockage to gratitude and to the spiritual journey. You can benefit greatly from practicing gratitude, which helps clear negative ego and more. Gratitude is a key for leading a happy, successful life. Social scientists have found that gratitude can be cultivated with practice, and that it leads to many positive results and benefits. For example, research shows that those who practice gratitude experience more positive emotions, feel more alive, sleep better, express more compassion and kindness, and have strong immune systems. People who express their gratitude to others more often experience increased energy, optimism and empathy. In general, grateful people are happier, healthier and more open-hearted. It’s true, as gratitude comes from the heart! Master Lynda Chaplin is a Certified Master Teacher of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha. Join Master Lynda on April 2123 to learn how to cultivate gratitude, nourish your soul, and enrich every aspect of your life—see ad below for details. For more information, contact Master Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com.
SOUL MIND BODY WELLNESS
empowering you to be happier and healthier! TAO CALLIGRAPHY HEALING EVENING
Friday, April 21, 7–9:30 pm | Love oﬀering $10 Experience the frequency and vibration of Tao Calligraphy healing that can remove soul, heart, mind, energy, and matter blockages causing challenges in any aspect of your life. You could be chosen as a healing demo!
EARTH DAY: DEEPEN YOUR SPIRITUAL CONNECTION
Saturday, April 22, 1–5 pm | Honour fee: $45 Mother Earth and nature sustain everyone and everything. Learn and experience spiritual practices including soul communication, chanting, and meditation to deepen your spiritual connection with Mother Earth, nature, and every living being.
GRATITUDE: THE KEY TO HEALTH AND HAPPINESS
Master Lynda Chaplin Certified Master Teacher of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha
Sunday, April 23, 10 am–6 pm | Honour fee: $75 When you approach life from a place of gratitude, your entire life will be a profound experience of transformation. When you respond to events in your life with gratitude, seemingly negative events are viewed differently. You begin to see them as gifts and special wisdom teachers. Learn how to cultivate gratitude to pass through life's challenges to have greater health, happiness, and flourishing.
Saint Paul University, Guigues Hall, Room G101, 223 Main Street, Ottawa K1S 1C4 Meetup.com/SoulMindBodyWellness-Ottawa | MasterSha.com Master Lynda Chaplin | 647 654 7711 | Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
Manipulation Awareness by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within
egative extra-dimensional entities take advantage of a person’s weakened body or mind and usurp their energy. Existing beyond the limited 3D visible light spectrum that the human typically sees, they can easily manipulate. If you are not alert to them, you will wonder why you, or others, are suddenly behaving inconsistently or uncharacteristically. Negative interference is intended to create chaos, confusion, anxiety, self-doubt and disruption – to spin you off your centre. The moment you turn toward frustration, anxiety, anger, negativity, or give your power away, the negatives will use that. They will target your triggers so stay alert to who or what is driving your behaviours and thoughts. These are some signs that perhaps you are being manipulated: • your behaviour suddenly changes – calm one minute and then flooded with fear, shame, or anger the next • you become irritated by a series of circumstances around you • you feel you must act on obsessive thoughts before they will subside
Committed to Your Self-Mastery? I specialize in clearing stubborn limiting patterns. We can bring you freedom with Divine healing of your 12-dimensional self and clearing from the root level. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
• you don’t know “what got over you” • you find yourself surprisingly at odds with someone though you usually get along
• you act on an addiction, whether or not you have ‘healed’ this pattern
• you feel suddenly drained of energy • when interacting with someone, you feel afraid,
pressured, wronged, uncertain, negated, monitored, suspicious, guilty or confused, and have difficulty regaining your centre, perspective or clarity If you are having experiences of psychic attack or entity harassment whether multi-dimensionally or through human beings who are being used, or you have a pattern of being easily manipulated, it is an opportunity to strengthen your inner core Spirit. The more familiar you are with your own triggers the better you can master discipline of your negative ego mind when they arise. Use diligent awareness through your Observer Self, and stay grounded. Take time to heal your patterns - be free! Copyright 2017 Amâeil (Melinda MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
www.MelindaUrban.com Intuitively integrating multidimensional ascension clearing, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, & vocal healing. Specializing in clearing • emotional/physical pain • grieving stubborn • relations patterns. In person or by phone 613-253-2888. • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
Thursday May 18 7h30 - 9pm April 2017
The Greatest Connection Written by Alexis Nicol
Repatterning Your 3 Brains
ow’s life going for you? Is it flowing? Are you happy? When you check in with yourself what do you feel? Are you connected Spiritually? The basis for how you look and/or go through your daily life is directed by one’s connection spiritually with their Higher Self (Creator, Universal Life Force, Nature, God). You will know when you are connected as life tends to flow to and through you in forms of peace, love, joy, creativity, grace and more. As we commune and act with this Pure Energy we are opening ourselves up to our greatest potential. We are being led along a path that is full of meaningful adventure that seems to flow with synchronicity. Trying to do something just because we have been told to is not always the best way to go about living our lives. Without first connecting inwardly and listening to our Higher Self can cause unnecessary discomfort in our lives, not to mention that the results may take a lot longer and may be more difficult than had we just asked for Divine guidance. I find that in my life, whenever I just don’t feel right, stumble or something seems to be taking more effort than I feel is necessary, I stop and take a moment to still my mind and ask Myself for clarity. This provides me with insight to the bigger picture. I do this with the guidance and assistance of the Divine Presence that resides within (all of us). I love how the results are practically immediate. I am aware of how quickly everything begins to flow with such ease and grace. I often quieten my mind, going inward to connect with the One energy that will set me up for my day. For me, It is my best friend and my greatest connection, It is the Divine Consciousness that links me to You.
“A new client came into my energy therapy office last week that had a brain tumor removed 1.5 years ago and had since lost most of the motor movement on the right side of his body. His arm could not lift and his leg, only enough to enable him to walk with a limp. He came back into my office this week and I asked him how he was doing. He confidently lifted his arm up to shoulder height, said his decades of daily morning headaches are completely gone and his 20 year sleeping pattern of waking up at 2am has now ameliorated to 4am.” ~ Jean, Gatineau, QC
nergetic patterns exist throughout space and matter and their alignment and structure is fundamental to good health, whether in our bodies or the Universe at large. So, if the energetic patterns in our brain (and/or heart and gut brains) become dysregulated, how can we help to repattern them to reflect previous good health? And, how can we do this to address various related symptoms that arise such as, ADHD, depression, anxiety, heart or blood issues, or digestive and immune issues, etc.? One way is to ask our innate intelligence, which parts and systems and/or which of the 3 brains need to resynchronize communication between and within them so that their functions can be reset to perform more optimally. This is where BodyTalk Energy Therapy can help. The BodyTalk System harnesses the innate intelligence of the body and mind by using neuromuscular biofeedback to uncover the unique communication pathways that need to be reestablished so that the body can heal itself. As awareness is brought to ill adapted health patterns and suggestions for change are made, the body and mind integrate these so that old patterns can break up and reconfigure the neural circuitry to better reflect your optimal health possibilities. As this unfolds, people begin to watch many of their physical symptoms reduce or disappear, and feel more vibrant, alive and connected than ever, just as nature intended.
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation S Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 If you would like to discover more about how BodyTalk Energy Therapy can help you, please visit Jaya’s website at: www.energythrive.com and/or www.bodytalksystem. com, or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org Jaya Hollohan MA is a Certified Advanced Parama BodyTalk Practitioner, Cranial Sacral, Lymphatic Drainage, Mindfulness Life Coach, Reiki II Practitioner, a Hatha Yoga Teacher and is currently studying Peter Levine PhD’s Somatic Experiencing Professional Training. She is Author of the book: “Who We Are When We Thrive: Remembering Happiness and Rediscovering Health”, as well as other conscious media. Jaya is able to provide insurance receipts for her clients accepted by most insurance companies.
• 37 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: email@example.com
Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: How can we overcome self-criticism?
SRI CHINMOY: You have two voices inside you. One encourages you, “Go forward, march on! You are doing the right thing.” The other one discourages you. It says that you have to become much better, because right now you are imperfect in every way. The voice that encourages you is your conscience, your inner being, telling you that you are doing the right thing. It is like a mother encouraging her child when the child is trying to do something. Her encouragement gives the child a tremendous push forward. The other voice inside you is constantly making you feel miserable by telling you that you are doing everything wrong. It is always pointing out defects and imperfections in your nature. Do you think that that voice is telling you the truth. No, it is only trying to discourage you by throwing cold water on your efforts and destroying your self-confidence while it pretends to be impartial. By telling you constantly that what you are doing, saying and feeling is wrong, it is not helping you in any way to go faster towards your goal. On the contrary, if you have just a little possibility, the critic within you is killing it. So feel that the voice that is encouraging you is the divine voice, and the one that is discouraging you is the undivine voice in you. Self-criticism can only be conquered by proper self-appreciation. If we love ourselves in an emotional or egotistical way, then we are limiting and binding ourselves. We must love ourselves just because God is breathing inside us, because God wants to fulfill Himself in and through us. You have to claim the right person as your own. God is your Source. You have to take the positive approach. You have to be aware of who you are and what you stand for, not in an aggressive sense, but in a spiritual sense. Right now, you are not aware twenty-four hours a day. But a day will come when you will be aware all the time that you are God’s chosen child; you are on earth Him to serve, Him to fulfil. Visit www.srichinmoy.org for further writings by Sri Chinmoy
TCM Recommendations Riverside Acupuncture for Spring & Wellness Center By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
t is the long-awaited change of winter to spring. Seeds sprout, flowers bloom, and the sun warms the earth. There is a sense of renewal and new life all around. While winter was a time to conserve energy and reduce activity, spring is a time of regeneration, new beginnings, and a renewal of spirit. Spring is the time of birth, when the earth’s energies begin to awaken and we see the signs of new growth around us. Yang influences are being reborn in nature and in the body and as a result our energy becomes more active and begins to ascend. The followings are the recommendations for better health during spring. 1. Develop Balance and Express Emotions: Spring is the best time of year to develop balance. Emotionally, spring awakens desire, which should be open and unsuppressed. Because the yang qi of the liver is pushing upward and outward, it is common to feel and express anger in spring. 2. Increase Exercise and Time Outdoors: In exercise and activity, it is a good idea to take brisk walks and hikes to loosen the tendons and use the yang energy that is rising. We should begin to increase our exercise, with
Steve (Eun Kyu) Ryu, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA) Specialized in...
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106
• Infertility • IVF Support For appointments call • Menopausal Syndrome 613-863-6906 • Women's Health www.freewebs.com/newlifeacu • Allergies • Pain Relief www.acupunctureottawa.com Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
more stretching. Begin to rise earlier and retire early, and spend time outside to get fresh air. Wear loose clothing. 3. Springtime Diet: Food in spring should emphasize the sweet and pungent flavours, for their rising and expansive qualities. Avoid excess salt, ts strong descending nature is opposite to the energies of spring. The diet should be light in amount and concentration, emphasizing young plants like greens and sprouts, as these foods cleanse the body of the effects of the heavier foods of winter. Springtime diet should be the lightest of the year. 4: Stay in Tune with the Seasons: By eating fresh, light foods and emphasizing vegetables in our spring diet (vegetables are natural detoxifiers) and by getting brisk exercise and fresh air, we can ensure our habits are in harmony with the seasons. Chinese medicine emphasizes harmony with the seasons as a way to promote health and longevity, boost the immune system, and to prevent or minimize seasonal ailments. 5. Acupuncture and Oriental medicine can help improve the overall health of your liver as well as treat stress, anger and frustration, which are often associated with liver qi disharmony.
1230 Wellington, Ottawa, ON 613-729-5973
PATHWORK: The Abyss of Illusion
Pathwork Open Lecture Discussions WINTER 2017 Saint Paul University, 233 Main St; follow the signs to the room
Freedom and Self-responsibility
he advertising slogan “Freedom 55” resonated for many people with our ultimate dream of a carefree life – somewhere ‘up ahead’ we would be liberated to a life of happiness and abundance. In our human struggle to find happiness we box ourselves in with the illusion that a benevolent god, or life, or the perfect relationships, or the perfect job, or the perfect retirement plan will give us exactly what we need. We expend a great deal of emotional effort trying to force life into our picture of ‘how it should be.’ At the same time, if we take the time to look within, we can sense currents of anxiety. We fear that the outside world may disappoint us or that we may not be good enough to merit the rewards we want. In Pathwork lecture #60 : The Abyss of Illusion – Freedom and Self-responsibility we explore the paradox that we find freedom only when we dig into our daily frustrations and anxieties, or when we look at areas that are unfulfilled in our lives to uncover the misconceptions
April 12 and May 10 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation: $15; members & program participants free Contact Jean: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-829-1254 All welcome Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org we hold about god, the world, other people and our own selves. It is by taking self-responsibility that we find freedom. When: Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 7 to 9 pm Where: Saint Paul University, 233 Main Street (follow the signs to the room). All are welcome. There is a suggested donation of $15 for non-members; $5 for members. The Pathwork Lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org
For more information, contact Pathwork Helper Jean: email@example.com or 613-829-1254.
$25 off Great news for any allergy test Allergy Sufferers! with this ad
Mary Gordon is a long time Pathwork member.
Do you have allergy to tree pollen, mold, grass, weeds and dust mites? Now available to everyone. A powerful new approach that uses a simple and effective method to radically eliminate all symptoms of allergies, both food and environmental. Allergies - Emotional Release - Iridology Nutrition - Reflexology - Shiatsu Acupuncture (Chanele Padiachy ND) Weight Loss & Weight Management Food & Envirnomental Sensitivity Testing and Elimination
1437 Woodroffe Rd., Ottawa
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant firstname.lastname@example.org www.sherryharriscounselling.org 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available
International lecture series of the Bruno Groening completely normal. In our day, people practising the simple approach he taught of absorbing the Circle of Friends
A New Path to Health for Body and Soul Free public lecture by European physician, A. Flörchinger, MD
There is no incurable; God is the Greatest Physician.” So said Bruno Groening (1906 – 1959), who became known around the world after reports of mass healings that occurred in Germany in the 1950s. Thousands of sufferers flocked to this simple man, who called upon them to return to God’s divine order which is health. Healings happened throughout the crowds, as well as for absent relatives. When news reports brought these unusual events to the world’s attention, thousands more who were not able to travel to Germany wrote letters from other countries. They too experienced healing at a distance through Bruno Groening. Medical Science Confirms Spiritual Healing as Factual In his time, medical doctors observed Mr. Groening addressing desperate help-seekers, and saw rapid recoveries of patients whom they had labeled “incurable”. Convinced by the mounting evidence, in 1992 doctors, psychologists, nurses and other health professionals came together as the Medical-Scientific Group (MWF), in support of the Bruno Groening Circle of Friends which passes on his teachings. Several thousand MWF members donate their time and expertise to examine healing cases that defy the limits of standard medicine. By reviewing hospital records, physicians’ reports, X-rays and test data, MWF members confirm when medically-inexplicable recoveries can only be explained as the divine power restoring the natural order in the body. A General Practitioner in Germany, Dr. Andreas Flörchinger, MD, is one of four senior physicians who coordinate the MWF’s worldwide activity. “Part of our task is offering scientifically-based lectures about the incredible potential for people to regain their health and well-being through applying the freely-available teaching of Bruno Groening”, says Flörchinger. Dr. Flörchinger will present documented cases from the official archives; some local individuals will also report their experiences. The Divine Power Helps and Heals Bruno Groening didn’t consider these healings “miraculous”; in his view, this was to be seen as
Heilstrom (“healing stream”) still experience restored health: dramatic reversals of severe chronic debilities; liberation from addictions (often without withdrawal symptoms); and social improvements such as resolution of intractable conflicts in a family or workplace. The teaching of Bruno Groening remains as powerful, vibrant and effective as it was when Groening was physically present. He stated that he was only reminding humanity of principles of life we had forgotten in the turmoil of geopolitics. He didn’t come to found a new religion either, calling himself only a little signpost pointing the way back to God. Thousands of people continue to find health through his teaching. It is from this wealth of ‘success reports’ that Dr. Flörchinger will present documented cases in his lecture. A Medical Doctor Experiences the Divine Power In addition to the standard medical education, Dr. Flörchinger studied and obtained qualification in homeopathic, anthroposophic and naturopathic medicine. All these disciplines were not enough; some patients were still not being helped. “I learned about Bruno Groening from a patient in 2005,” Dr. Flörchinger recalls, and then he read A Revolution in Medicine, a biography of Bruno Groening with enlightening scientific commentary, written by Matthias Kamp, MD. After attending a doctor’s information lecture (similar to the one he now presents), Flörchinger became part of the Bruno Groening Circle of Friends and the MWF. Soon after, his own experiences gave further confirmation: “Most important for me was absorbing the healing power for myself, feeling it in my body — and also the healing of my father from a stroke with a leftside weakness.” The Medical Scientific Group of the Bruno Groening Circle of Friends organizes information lectures Andreas Flöchinger, MD worldwide, for which doctors donate their vacations, or come out of retirement. In 2017, the MWF’s lecture tour includes about 100 cities in North America. In April 2017, Dr. Flörchinger will give presentations in Vancouver, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, and Ottawa. Health professionals —physicians, psychologists, nursing and other professionals — are cordially invited. This lecture is also open to the general public. No admittance will be charged; free-will donations would be gratefully received.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Ottawa City Hall, Champlain Room, 110 Laurier Ave W. Tel. 613-224-5994 Email: email@example.com Website: www.bruno-groening.org
Hair Analysis “Every sickness, disease and ailment, can be traced to a mineral deficiency (i.e. imbalance).” - Dr. Linus Pauling HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING WORK TOGETHER AS A TEAM - Hair Analysis is a non-invasive medical test that obtains diagnostic, screening and monitoring information on your health, performance and even trends that lead toward dis-ease. Eventually one’s goal is to hold the proper levels and ratios of essential nutrient minerals so that you can support optimum cellular function relating to your health. Hair Analysis will also measure the heavy metals and toxic loads that can interfere with health. Hair re-tests will monitor the detoxification and mineral balancing progress and in order to design a precise and personalized Nutritional Balancing Program to balance your particular body chemistry, a Hair Analysis is always required. MENTAL OR SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT - A Nutritional Balancing program can cause what is called mental or spiritual development in a human being. This is an amazing benefit that can extend life and enhance healing greatly. It is a very precise process in which many glial cells of the brain eventually die off and are replaced by neurons that enhance the brain capacity or thinking capacity of the person. This process can be observed by certain indicators on a Hair Mineral Analysis such as an elevated phosphorus reading. Other words for this process might include “personality integration”, “achieving one’s total potential”, “selfactualization” or “self-realization”. Other people may refer to it as developing the chakras or the aura. Development is nothing less than the total unfolding of the human being at all levels of development. TOXINS CAUSE DISEASES OF ALL KINDS, INCLUDING ALL MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL DISEASE Our bodies are bombarded from every direction with substances we were not designed to process or eliminate such as air/water pollution, chemicals founds in our food, and industrial, beauty and household products.
When combined with a Western lifestyle- stress, alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, infrequent exercise and improper diet, the body becomes overloaded and cannot eliminate the toxins properly. Why not begin to learn what it takes to keep yourself in balance with your personalized Nutritional Balancing Protocol that will provide the right nutritional support for your unique metabolic profile and you can continue to monitor your progress through Hair Analysis. www.thehairanalyst.com • 613-789-1318 NOTE: Nutritional Balancing Science and Hair Mineral Analysis do not diagnose, treat or cure any diseases, and are not substitutes for standard medical care
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2016 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 email@example.com 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location
AWAKENING by Garry Rondeau
“Awakening” implies that one is asleep, or in a trance, or a coma, perhaps dreaming. Then there is a shift that brings one out of the state of sleep, trance or coma. This is what we call awakening; that change of state from trance to awareness. We move into a more awake, aware place of consciousness. And it is a step that we take more than once. There are many awakenings along the way. The more we awaken to our divine nature, the more fully Divine Love, or our Divine Consciousness, expresses in and through us. We make it real and the truth sets us free. Now I believe, that my Divine Nature pulled at me to awaken. It is an inherent part of our nature, to be called forth into the awareness of the Holy Spirit that we truly are. So there is a mystical pull, that is in our very nature, that draws us towards the truth and, at some time, that deeper desire, gets triggered or is activated. Awakening is like a dance, and I am both the sleeping one, and the one who is awake. And the dance is also me. It is an inner feeling quality, and it is at a deeper level of myself, that flitters in and out of my awareness. At times, I find it harder to get hold of. Sometimes it is so strong and bright, and other times, hardly a whisper.
10 individual sessions of FREE therapy With Colette Portelance’s Creative Non Directive Approach (ANDC) Only $50/non refundable for inscription Therapist in training Danielle Lemieux 613-501-4748
~ Sunday Celebration at 10:30 a.m. ~ We are spiritual but non-religious, welcoming all people. ~ Join us for Coffee, tea, treats and fellowship after service. Location: The Good Companions Centre (670 Albert St) For more information go to unityottawa.org or call us 613-700-6489 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org We are an inclusive, joy-filled community celebrating Oneness. All are Welcome! And at times, I may disregard it, and at other times not even be aware of it, but regardless, it is still there. The dance of awakening, is not something from which any one of us can completely turn away from, because, it is a part of our inherent Divine nature. It is always calling us into greater awareness. And this greater awareness is our greater potential for unleashing our goodness. And this is one of the real benefits of Unity. It gives you a structure, teaches you about the dance, and gives you the tools in which to learn and practice the steps in the dance. (excerpted from a Sunday Lesson by Garry Rondeau, Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa. unityottawa.org)
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
Making Sense of Scents
hat’s in a scent? Does it come from nature, or is in synthetic, and does it even matter? As a Certified Aromatherapist, I take this question very seriously. Why? Because if a scent is derived from a plant, it is natural. Not to say you might not have a reaction to something natural, but the odds are less than a manufactured scent that may be derived from petrochemicals. In fact, 95% of synthetic fragrance comes from petrochemicals which include toxins capable of causing at the very least allergic reactions, at most birth defects and cancer, and other serious disease. One of the things that really scares me is that you, informed consumer, may not be aware of these damaging chemicals because they do not have to be included on the label due to ‘secret recipes’. Even worse, some detergents and so on can be labelled ‘fragrancefree’, but actually have been treated to cover up the smell of the initial product. Back to essential oils for a moment: these plant extracts have been used for centuries for their therapeutic value, and of course, the fact that they smell nice. Lavender
has proven its mettle as a skin healing oil for centuries. Frankincense has been known to quiet the mind since... well, who knows exactly when, but it is certainly an oil that goes back to biblical times. Myrrh has been used to help strengthen gums and as a preservative, and both myrrh and frankincense were highly prized gifts to Jesus from the magi. Essential oils have stood the test of time, and we have a wealth of information about their uses and safety precautions. More details can be found at the following links, as the length of this article only skims the surface: http://davidsuzuki.org/issues/health/ science/toxics/fragrance-and-parfum/ https://www.ewg.org ©2017 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St in Centretown. She gives how-to workshops on making natural products for the body and has been creating natural bodycare for over eighteen years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic.
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops
A P RI L 4 Quantum-Touch® Therapy Level I Certificate Training weekend based on the new updated model Saturday and Sunday, April 29th and 30th, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna email@example.com or Aileen’s Oasis www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751 In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. In fact, by the time you have your lunch break on the first day, you will have created amazing results. You will be learning from the first Canadian Quantum-Touch Instructor, with an amazing record. Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space Part II Saturday, April 15th, 2017 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Part III Saturday. April 22nd, 2017 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Parts II and III of this workshop are about clearing old agreements, old connections, as well as cords that have been accepted by us earlier in our lives that remain intact today, that are controlling many of our decisions, and our actions. We will begin to learn how very effective energy work can be in enabling us to be free from many of the illness causing interactions we have had over time, and how liberated we feel following these workshops. For further information, a flyer and registration form call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday April 22 - Old Home Earth Day Event @ the Glebe Community Centre, 175 Third Avenue 10am-3pm Cost: free
CAR OLI NE M YS S
FREE to attend and easy to get to! EY Centre April 22-23. The Healthy Brain and Body Show is committed to bringing the best of health and wellness to our attendees! With a focus on total health, discover innovative products and services and leave the show feeling inspired! With 100+ booths, expert speakers, demos, samples, and interactive booths, you won’t want to miss this! This event is in support of H.E.L.P, helping our military and first responders affected by PTSD. We will be accepting donations at the door.
In celebration of Earth Day 2017, the Glebe Community Association is organising an event that will provide residents of older homes with an opportunity to learn and share ways they can conserve energy, reduce carbon emissions and live more sustainability. This event will include exhibits and workshops that will provide information on various resources, government programs, businesses and things you can do in existing homes to estimate your home’ s carbon footprint, reduce energy consumption, increase energy efficiency and switch to green energy sources. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com /events/1238129402931606/
My Experiences with the work of Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space: Creating Boundaries and Safe Spaces –Part I
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
Offering Updated model for the first time
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch® Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach, Certified Facilitator, Open Space Technology, and Small Group Processes
s I’ve been spending time preparing to teach the basic Grounding workshop to a small group, I’m pondering my history with the work that has brought me to this place of offering these workshops regularly here in Ottawa and in other places in Canada. This is a one day workshop, the first in a series of three, that truly does change the lives of everyone who chooses to attend. This morning, I’m remembering how I learned about this work, and how it affected my life from the very beginning. I had been in a relationship that had basically ended, but I was still being affected by that person when they chose to bring me into their sphere, and each time I thought I had totally finished with them I could feel myself being drawn back in when they chose to do so, with their thoughts and intentions. I was very frustrated by this, and couldn’t manage to effectively disconnect until a friend offered me this material. It was absolutely transformative, and I knew that I needed to share it with the world. As soon as I learned these very simple tools, the results were instant. Similarly, I could tell that people close to me, who had always felt free to have some sort of control over me, were effectively blocked from energetically affecting me, and I could have a much more egalitarian relationship with them without the power issue ever entering the field. I had a similar experience in an office where I had been working during that time, with a new colleague who was all about being in a power over relationship
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
with everyone who worked with her. I would do my clearing and shielding first thing in the morning, and every time during the day when I began to feel fatigued, and this person knew that she was not being allowed to have any effect on me. This work will transform your life, your relationships, and not only those with others, but also your relationship with yourself. It really helps with making decisions for the right reasons, for checking in with yourself to know what you really want for you, and to not make decisions based on what others want. It is a transformational experience for everyone who chooses to become involved. Believe me, your life and relationships will never be the same. Please check out my website at www.aileensoasis. com to find the dates for the series of workshops on Grounding, and send me an e-mail for a very complete description. Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has also been certified as a Open Space Technology facilitator, as well as a facilitator of small groups. She offers workshops in other energy work, including Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning QuantumTouch® therapy. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at email@example.com or you can check out her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www.wellnessunlimited.ca and the Quantum-Touch website at www.quantumtouch.com
Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact firstname.lastname@example.org SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. FRIENDS OF JUNG OTTAWA: present / appreciate / share ideas of C.G. Jung. Monthly, 2nd Saturday, 2 pm. Please email email@example.com or see https://friendsjungottawa.wordpress.com
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
& Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor, Destiny Card Readings. Email - email@example.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE: naturopathic doctor, healing groups, weekly meditation, nature programs, retreats, natural products, workshop and therapy spaces in beautiful nature 35 min NW of Ottawa. www.ecowellness.com, 613-839-1198
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting AMBITION ACCOUNTING – Bilingual Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CGA) with over 14 years of experience, providing bookkeeping, cash management, financial reporting and advice, budgeting and forecasting as well as strategic planning. Contact Jonathan at (613) 620-9965. www.AmbitionAccounting.ca IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China
THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Consistent, accurate, clinical results; food, supplements.
• Archetypal Energies USING ENERGIES BEHIND 2 DIMENSIONAL SYMBOLS...runes and much more...for growth & development. Group & individual sessions. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
DIRECTORY • Ascension Healing
• Bed & Breakfast
NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, email@example.com INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org ASTROADVICE.CA – Enjoy Free Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Astrology Horoscopes. Order Your Personalized Reading and Get Your Questions Answered. Visit AstroAdvice.ca CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email email@example.com
• Aura Photography
RENOVATED CHURCH with attached Spa: Use of Hot tubs, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas included in B&B price. Massage/ Reiki available. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bowen Therapy Full body & chakra AURA PHOTOGRAPHY & Energy Clearing. Call: 613-699-7238 or click www.ReikiWithSusan.ca
SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613-415-1139 marieamram. email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Bette@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-722-4249. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 email@example.com
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613
726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chinese Medicine FOR A MORE YOUTHFUL AND BEAUTIFUL YOU. Using acupuncture and the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, this relaxing and comfortable treatment lifts and tones facial muscles, reduces sagging, puffy skin, reduces wrinkles and lines, under eye circles, broken capillaries, gives and natural healthy glow by keeping the body healthy from the inside out. Also experience better overall health, improved energy, calmer mood and a feeling of well-being. Kecia Lee R.Ac 613-282-6217
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
DIRECTORY • Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: email@example.com
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid
common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist
– clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www. healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow.com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe,supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org Cecilia Taiana Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
DIRECTORY CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | Online Crystal Store and Retail Location | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | 2-Yr CrystalShamanic Certificate Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 613-470-1888 karen@ ascensionhealing.ca | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification IONCLEANSE FOOT BATH with support for the ongoing process of detoxing. $40.00 (incl HST) Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987
ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA
ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166 RELEASE THE PHYSICAL, mental & emotional root blocks/stresses/traumas. Regenerate, accelerate physical healing, get guidance from your spirit guides and more… To experience a unique energy healing session with Monica please Email to contact@ monicadumont.com or call 613-864-4724 www.monicadumont.com
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
Basic, Intermediate, Advanced Levels. Contact Lori Ann (IET Master-Instructor) at www.avalonenergyhealing.com or 613-869-4859.
AVALON ENERGY HEALING offers empowering and therapeutic in-person and distance sessions using Reiki, Integrated Energy Therapy (IET), Therapeutic Touch, Pranic Healing. Workshops for IET Certification Training:
CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Screen for toxic metals & nutritional deficiencies. HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A
DIRECTORY total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recordingGrace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-4227027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com.
BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com
PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage
AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna
ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636.
SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca
MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available.
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available.
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808
AVOID THE MEDICATION
DIRECTORY INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
• Low Impact Yoga
MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579
LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. OTTAWA SHIATSU. Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415. www.ottawashiatsu.com HERBAL MASSAGE Lætitia Béguin RMT, ND, herbologist. Pain, nervous system, skin disorder. 39 Dalhousie, Aylmer www.herbesspa.ca. (819) 332-4048
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing
blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com BRIDGE THE MEDITATIVE PROCESS with daily living using tools & techniques.Nancy 613-596.0260 firstname.lastname@example.org MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Vanier WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com, http://bit.ly/TwinHearts MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Weekly mindfulness practice, discussion & tea.
• Metabolic Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Monitor your health with saliva & urine analysis.
DIRECTORY • Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• Nature Programs CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Ridgewoods preschool; summer & PD day camps
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, email@example.com CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Dr. Marcin Padlewski N.D. general practice; monthly patient groups with Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. Hair analysis, food & supplement testing, metabolic test.
• Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Organic Bedding CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Volunteer opportunities & share produce
• Organic Gardening CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression TAKE A JOURNEY and heal energy blocks at a soul level. To book your session with Monica please Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-864-4724. www.monicadumont.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, email@example.com, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong. com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy
Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail email@example.com and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com GREAT FOR STRESS, relaxation and general well-being. $40.00 Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com
THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/
DIRECTORY JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
CATHERINE BASTEDO, HOLOGRAPHIC-USUI & KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, RT-CRA, ICRT. Personalized classes in English or French; Reiki Master/ Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Spiritual Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com 819-918-3436. firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com
JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Bodycentered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Reiki Master. 1 hour Circa 1894 Day Spa visit included in treatment price. Lanark. 613-259-9988. Circa1894.ca
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with email@example.com
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Supervised or selfdirected retreats in beautiful countryside, yurt, cabin or tents.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration
ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com
Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
• Room for Rent ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Schools ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Yr CrystalShamanic Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | EOV (Extra Ocular Vision) | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s School of Remembering & more… 613-470-1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Certificate Crystal Shamanic-Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient Arts | 613-470-1888 | karen@ ascensionhealing.cawww.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 email@example.com www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-355-1832
• Shiatsu OTTAWA SHIATSU Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415 www.ottawashiatsu.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
DIRECTORY • SPA
HOT TUBS, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas & more. By the hour, ½ day or day. Massage/ Reiki/B&B attached. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. email@example.com 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
• Thai Massage LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St. 613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient
Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Thermography Breast Imaging CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Theta Healing DO YOU WONDER IF THINGS ARE EVER GOING TO LIGHTEN UP... or if anyone can help? Experienced, compassionate, intuitive, adept at clearing the way. Several methods tailored to your situation and needs. 45-minute appointments; central, phone sessions. Lynda Anderson email@example.com
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-236-5758. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 email@example.com
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.revev.ca MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers,
social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www. spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact email@example.com
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
CLASSIFIEDS • For Sale CARLETON PLACE - 4 bedroom bungalow on farmland, 2 baths, 1800 sq. feet. 30 acres. Lots of wildlife if you are a hunter or just nature lover. Blessed as sacred land by local Shaman. Call 613253-9085. Mary
Breaking New Grounds with Donation Crowdfunding
Need money for your business, pay off debts, a family vacation, or to support your aging parents?
Looking for you at my new home clinic 530 Kirkwood Registered Massage Therapy Foot Reflexology Aroma Touch Services
Dora Lynn Magill RMT 613-298-3557
Perfect Liberty in April
PL Precept #15 ~ All is a Mirror A new season, a fresh start, with the days getting longer and the spring flowers nudging out of the ground, our world is once more full of vibrant colours. To the gardeners, tending the newness it is such a rush, the damp soil and nourishing sunshine combine to bring the anticipation of a blossoming spring, and sultry summer. Remember to mark your calendars for June 17th our annual sale will start at 8:00 a.m. As always, we are open to help you with daily challenges .. see below for contact info.
PL Church, 1010 Hunt Club Rd • 613-225-1850 Rev Eugene – Sr. Minister Dymoon (Hokyoshi) firstname.lastname@example.org
he educational, health, societal and financial systems we have elected to serve humanity have taken on a different role and have evolved into entities that focus on their self-interests. This calls for creative ways to address humanity’s basic needs, especially in these changing times as humanity moves to the next level of consciousness “Oneness of all”, en route to full consciousness. Crowdfunding is to finance what Uber is to taxis – they both empower individuals by eliminating dependency on traditional systems that, by design, were self-serving and kept individuals enslaved. With banks and financial institutions limiting the availability to secure funds, crowdfunding/ crowdsourcing has become a new way to meet global financial needs. Donation crowdfunding is a means to fund a project by raising small amounts of donations from a large number of people. President Obama, a person without wealth, revolutionized politics and used crowdfunding to raise 631 million dollars for his re-election campaign, eliminating dependency on wealthy organizations/ donors in exchange for favours. Of the several platforms on the market, Crowdfunding International (CFI) stands tall as an ethical, pioneering new platform that uses a holistic approach. In contrast to conventional platforms, with CFI there is only a one-time donation, NO ongoing fees, NO long exhaustive campaigns, NO pleading for money. The system allows members to support one another and equitably fund all projects, thereby CREATING A STRONG AND VIBRANT COMMUNITY. The premise behind CFI perpetuates an abundance mindset. It eliminates limitations not only for individuals, but also for charities and not-for-profit organizations who use conventional fund raising, in a very competitive environment. In essence, CFI allows financial freedom that has the potential to culminate in a harmonious and balanced lifestyle, recognizing that “anything is possible”. Several Ottawans have ceased upon this opportunity and have created diverse and amazing projects with Crowdfunding International (CFI), driven by their desire to help others and to fulfill their dreams. For more information on how you can transform your life, contact Pesi Shroff: email@example.com or David Thompson: firstname.lastname@example.org. By Pesi Shroff, Support Team, Project Manager, Crowdfunding International.
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic
Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops.
Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.Ac, R.TCMP (Acupuncturist and Herbalist) Trained in the art of classical Chinese medicine, Tracey applies her modality to address not only symptoms, but also the root cause of issues so that you can move on to a healthier you! Treatments are customized to your individual patterns. Specialties include pain, women’s health, autoimmune, respiratory, digestive and mental health. Visit www.tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more info. Maritie Lord Maritie Lord is at Planet Botanix Saturday from 10:30 to 5:30. She offers Reiki, Theta, Intuitive Readings and Tarot. She has been helping with the healing process for over 15 years. Her rate is $1 minute, so $60 for the hour. Check out her Facebook Page at https://web.facebook.com/ energyhealingintuitivereading/# or email at email@example.com
Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details. Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional wounds. www. ottawacounselling.com
Christina Hearns Christina, the owner of Namaste My Friends, is at Planet Botanix every Thursday from 10-6. She is an intuitive advisor and specializes in what she calls a GIB (Guided Insights & Balancing) process. Some of her tools are reiki, chakra reading and crystal healing. She is also a yoga instructor and teaches Chill Out yoga. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-986-4648
Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot card reader (bilingual) Welcome spring with a fresh start and experience a rejuvenating Reiki session. Reiki Master/instructor and Tarot card reader/clairvoyant. I provide ½ hour or 1 hour sessions. Available Friday nights from 6 till 9, please feel free to contact the store or email email@example.com for an appointment or walk-in.
Supporting Children in Changing Times by Satkiana Swan
Children of the Now The children of today are being born with increased psychic abilities and awareness. They are coming to Earth to match her new frequency and to live in harmony with her. As adults, we need to take a step back and allow them to unfold. It happens effortlessly, when we refrain from imposing upon them our own concepts, beliefs and values. How Can We Best Support Them One way that parents and educators can support children is through a daily practice. A daily practice consists of simple breathing exercises, some yoga postures, knowledge of the five elements that make-up all of creation and meditation. The practice time may begin with only 5-10 minutes a day and extend with the child’s experience and age. Benefits of a Daily Practice Having a daily practice enables children to connect with their inner world. Connecting within helps a child to self-regulate, cultivate resilience to life challenges, feel calm, focused, confident and grounded. Children also learn that their true identities are based here, not outside of themselves in roles or others opinions. Chronic Over-stimulation Many children are so over-stimulated by their environments: school, malls, technology, music, extracurricular activities, etc., that their nervous systems are hyperactive. We see this in hyper-active children who are unable to focus, may lack impulse control and experience anxiety and insomnia. It is not just children diagnosed with ADHD or ADD who are experiencing these symptoms.
The Power of Prayer There’s no problem that God can’t solve. Prayer is the answer because through prayer we realize God, and realizing God, there is no longer any problem. Hi, my name is Pam. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org • Contact me to meet • We will pray together • Pay me when you realize God, when the problem is solved • Pay what you think is the right amount for the freedom you receive
Satkiana Swan Berdhanya Swami Tierra Council of Children and Family www.ottawachildcouncil.com email@example.com 613 795 8213
Eight Tips to Restore Simplicity in Your Child’s Life: 1. A daily practice 2. Spend time at home in silence 3. Walk in nature 4. Take away the screens and replace with creative fun 5. Allow for some down time at home on weekends; don't over-schedule 6. Minimize extra-curricular activities to one or two things per week 7. Cuddle together 8. Massage your child's feet with sesame oil before bed each night with consistent time You as parents and educators provide the foundation, the healthy habits, the containment and simple inspiration for your children to thrive. Exactly how they greet the sun each day and create here on Earth is their choice, based in their uniqueness. Satkiana Swan is the Director of The Berdhanya Swami Tierra Council for the Child and Family. The Council was established in 2016, with a mission to: “provide inspiring holistic education and lifestyle resources for parents, educators and communities that envision our future based in cooperation, inner freedom and dynamic creativity” www.ottawachildcouncil.com firstname.lastname@example.org
UPCOMING PROGRAMS: Yoga for Children Teacher Training May 26, 27 & 28 (early bird special until May 18: 10% off, or $338) Practical Awakening for Adults May 12, 13 & 14 $275 “Be Me Be Here” Daily Practice for Children 5 to 8 Years-Old Series 1: April 6, 13, 20 & 27 Series 2: May 18, 25, June 1 & 8
Taking the time to Pause
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC
email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
hat I have come to understand over the years is that one cannot run flat out all the time, regardless of how excited you are in achieving your goals. I have seen many people burn themselves out as they relentlessly forge ahead towards their goal. I do admire their strong determination and over the long haul, this is a desirable character attribute to have. However, as I’m writing this article, I’m currently enjoying a period of “Pause”. I now routinely schedule some down time to give me a chance to regroup and assess what corrective measures I must take to achieve my goals. The “auto pilot” on an airplane will do this a million times a minute to keep itself on course while in flight. But we humans need to remind ourselves to take the time to do this. During this period of pause, take the time to reflect, to contemplate and to assess what your goals are, if your vision is still applicable and determine what else needs to be done. Keep your eyes on the target but do acknowledge your progress and celebrate your success. You will gain some new vitality and also strengthen your enthusiasm at the same time. Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation.
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
What Does Hypnosis Feel Like?
am often asked by people what is hypnosis feel like? I always answer there is no real feeling in hypnosis. It is not like happiness, it is not like sadness, not a kind of emotion. Hypnosis is more an experiential learning in the mind and in your neurosystem, your neurological system. If I were to give you a map for of what it is like to be hypnotized, what it kind of feels like if it does feel like anything. It is almost like going to a movie. Now consciously you know the movie is not real, you are going to the cinema, you’ve paid your ticket, your hard earned money to be there and you’re watching a bunch of actors on the movie screen, on the silver screen have been paid way too much money to be there. And behind those actors are camera people who are filming their every move. And behind the camera people is the director that’s giving people orders what to do, and behind the director is a big movie studio that’s funded it. If it is one of those new movies, one of those new fandango movies, there’s usually a green screen which just projects a bunch of things that are not there in action movies, explosion movies, superhero movies, many movies in fact. Even though consciously you know
none of it is real, for that two hours or so that you are there for that movie you suspend disbelief while you are there. And if it is a really good movie with your favorite actors with a great story, then it captivates, it captures and leads your imagination. So when the hero is in some kind of trouble, in some kind of plight even, you start to feel it. If the hero is excited and happy or in love, oh you feel it because the movie makers are the best hypnotists in the world, they know how to manipulate your emotions. And please understand when I say manipulation, I do not mean in a bad way, I simply mean to move you from emotions to give you a whole gamma, a whole kaleidoscope of different experiences and different emotions. Consciously, logically when you analyze it with your conscious mind, none of it is real. If it is really, really good to get sucked into it. And that’s much like hypnosis. Consciously ,you know, it is just a guy speaking to you helping to do inventions to help change things in your mind. Consciously you know that but your unconscious mind does not know the difference between something that is real and something that is vividly imagined. Now I do not want you to do this. But if you were to go away for a couple of minutes and
“I Can Make YouStop Stop Smoking in One Hour”Hour” “I Can Make You Smoking in One If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
just imagine one of your favorite pets are dying and you really were to believe it, make yourself believe it, think about it over and over again for a couple of minutes, you might get quite upset, you might even cry. Even though you know your pet is hopefully very healthy and very happy because see, like i say, your unconscious mind doesn’t know the difference between something that is real and something that is vividly imagined. Because your imagination is far more powerful than your intellect or logical mind would ever be. If it wasn’t, all you would have to say I am a smoker, it makes no sense for me to do this, it is killing me and costing me a whole bunch of money, and makes me smell really bad, i am going to stop it. Does not make any logical sense? Or I am really, really overweight, it is making me eat too much food, it is making me feek miserable, I can’t get into my old clothes anymore, I feel disgusted with myself, it makes no logical sense, I am simply going to stop. Or I am really, really pressed, I am really, really sad it, but it makes me feel horrible. i do not want to feel this any way, it does not make any logical sense, so you stop. Or the anxious person, every day i go out, I feel immense social anxiety, i can’t connect with the type of people I wanna connect to, I’m so shy, I’m so in my shell, I’m so uncomfortable out there, i do not fit in in the real world. And you simply suddenly stop doing that because it’s hurting me, at least emotionally. It’s limiting my opportunities.
If you could logically fix it, you probably would not be watching this video, but you see all of those events, all of those situations, all of those problems, all of those conditions if you will, are all emotional conditions. They’re all illogical. Now please don’t get me wrong, I say I do not think you are experiencing them because I know you have experiencing them because I have dealt with people, thousands of people for almost 20 years now. Experiences, very, very real for them. But what I mean is illogical problems require illogical solutions. For example I’ll get a client in my office that has a phobia of heights. Now i am on the ground floor. So when my client comes in they should not be able to have that fear of heights because we are on the ground floor, but i can always get my client to have that phobia of heights and to experience it while they are in my office on the ground floor to a point where i see there’s physiological shift inside them, their eyes dilate, their skin changes color. And i will ask them on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being incredible anxiety and fear, and 0 would be none, where are you? And they often tell me it is a seven or eight, and I see that shift in them. Then we will do some work together for hypnosis and some other neurological sciences and some other mind sciences and we remove that problem and they actually really experience it being moved. Now it is all-way logical and it’s all completely in your mind and it is all in the mind because I know, like I said, that they can experience the fear, the problem without actually having the trigger of it just by me asking them to re-experience in their mind. Illogical problems require illogical solutions. Hence while in hypnosis we can talk directly to your unconscious mind and really start to make those shifts permanent and lifelong. Luke Michael Howard PhD is a Clinical Hypnotist with over 20 years experience helping people become smoke free. He’s the owner of http://www.lukenosis.com mail@ lukenosis.com / 613-878-5874. Hypnosis in the West end of Ottawa.
Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com email@example.com
AMPLIFY YOUR LIFE! A Visioning, Yoga, and Wellness Retreat Sunday, April 30, 2017 ~ 11:00am-6:00pm At Empower Me Yoga, 1712 Carling Ave.
Devote one day to intention-setting, personal reflection, and selfcare, where you will be supported by energy healing, meditation, active journaling, and yoga practices. Allow your inner wisdom to awaken as you deepen your relationship with Self, and step into an even more powerful, authentic life. $145 (Students $99).
At www.iNTENTIONfirst.com | Info: LiveIntentionFirst@gmail.com
Wishingtree Yoga – Simply Yoga
Meditation Hatha Yoga Yin Yoga Kirtan
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
Windsor ~ April 8-9 Sudbury ~ April 29-30 Toronto ~ June 3-4
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org, 905 655-6756 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
by Rupa ounting meditation is to set a number to count to. We can count from 1 to 100, or count down from 100 to 1. Our mind is to focus on the number counting. It doesn’t matter if we lose count of the number, we can just start from the beginning number again. The one who can count to a bigger number does not necessarily have a longer focus length. Just focus on counting, clearly and slowly. If we lose count, count again. Keep alert and aware. We can combine the counting with the breath. For example, count one when we breathe in, count two when we breathe out, and so on. Self-inquiry for the Counting meditation: limited and unlimited, temporary and eternal With the restraint of the river bed, the journey of a river can be simple. Even if it’s long, it has no choice but to go towards the ocean. After the river goes through all the twists and turns and at last reaches the ocean, is this the journey’s end or beginning? Can we face the immense ocean? With the body holding the soul, we might have to face a lot of troubles in our lives. We just deal with what we have to face. How about death? Is death the end or beginning? How to deal with death? Are we ready? Through the amount of limited numbers, we know numbers are unlimited. This is knowledge of Math. Even though we haven’t seen the infinite number, we accept there is an infinite. Similarly, we can use the temporary existing physical body to understand the eternity of the soul. This is spiritual knowledge. As long as we study sincerely, through the power of knowledge, we can accept the existence of the invisible soul. We can also use scientific method to prove the existence of the soul by ourselves. Spiritual knowledge can give us some ideas how to face the unknown world, especially death. We just need to learn the method and practice. Even a little bit of practice will save us from the ocean of unknown. If the consciousness is awakened, then at the moment we die even if the mind is absent, we can rely on consciousness. So when we are living, we need to utilize the mind to awaken and develop consciousness by meditation. Welcome to attend Rupa’s (Ivy) meditation at Wishingtree Yoga. Rupa has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom. Her living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. The experience will let you understand this amazing scientific knowledge and give you practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat! Rupa also offers teacher training at Wishingtree Yoga. For more information, visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Living Your Purpose Channelled by Lisa Virtue
t is a time of dramatic change, yet so many are feeling it in opposite ways. A time of dissonance or growing elation, happiness, excitement, doom or dread. Whether you are moving happily along or not, you are all progressing. Not a one is being “left behind”. It is truly impossible. For no matter where you are, you are always progressing – in exactly the way that is needed in your particular life. No other’s life is relevant to your progression. No other’s stream reflects that which matters for you. Do not hold yourselves in judgment of that which you have or do not, are experiencing, or not. Witness what life serves you. Search for perspectives that reveal to you a greater purpose, a silver lining. Are you heading in the right direction? You will know this if you feel you have a sense of ease for a topic – a subject you are considering. How are you considering that thing? What are your instinctive reactions to it? Within those reactions, do you feel what may be motivating them? Is it fear, resistance, flow, joy, excitement? It is often easier to feel the rush of a pure, aligned choice that has no resistances to it. Yet how often are you truly presented with such inputs? There are greater things to consider, often that come into play in your considerations. Relax. It is not up to you to save the world in every choice, plan, or decision you make. Just allow that life has a greater way, or method, of working for you than you imagine. Allow greater ease and leeway in your decision-making. Know you are and will forever be, fully supported along the way. Trust is something harder to find when the weight of the world is put on your own shoulders. Decide that your life will always work out in frequently surprising ways. Unanticipated ways that only life itself could truly fathom. In your decisions feel first, explore second, decide third. In the exploration phase, instead of adding to the challenge through dissecting all the burdens, search instead for the roots of your concerns - the feeling, idea or issue that underlies. Bring light to the theme that pervades. It has manifested in other ways in your life before. Find the pattern. See the heart, the root of the difficulty. Say, for example, you find the heart is that you feel incapable. Recognize the ways this has shown in your life before. The approaches you took have
not resolved the matter yet. Use that understanding to support you. Know that much has already been learned. Seek advice if you feel stuck, but examine what approach you may find resolution with now. It need not be a lifelong issue, no matter the challenge it may seem to bring forth. Like a babe learning to crawl, a child to tie its shoe, approaches are tested, results experienced, decisions made, new ideas brought forth, new experience tried. Triumph comes. The journey may be brief or endure through bouts of frustration, anger, or sadness. Time or space may need to be given; yet perseverance, no matter the time frame, yields new understandings. Be not disheartened, for all counts in your progression. If you are vaulting right now and sensing that excitement build… enjoy it. Embrace that divine flow. You all have purpose, meaning, value and are worthwhile – no matter what. Love yourselves. You mean more than your experiences in life. With divine love, Highest selves. Here to lead those who seek to greater light within themselves, Lisa Virtue facilitates an opening to who you truly are, at the roots level. Follow your instinct to guide you into her path. Contact can be made through voice at 613-296-4271 or email Lisa@LisaVirtue.com Lisa works both in person and remotely. www.LisaVirtue.com
you will be guided to meditate with art and access the creative powers within you to move towards that elusive zone of true creativity, peace, relaxation, and erhaps the stresses of living, concerns big and serenity. The transformation power of the Make-Over will small, and fears real and imagined have become unstuck you, and move you into self-compassion and thieves. Thieves that steal serenity, rob you of sleep, greater artistry both in your personal and professional and pilfer your scant energy. Perhaps what you need life. Picture Yourself. is a “Make-Over Weekend”- nothing in your wardrobe The Galilee Centre in Arnprior nestled by an old will change and your hair will remain as it is. But your growth forest, by the Ottawa River hosts many groups spirit will be revived, your energy renewed and your for similar purposes throughout the year and is a worries compartmentalized. beacon for serenity. It is the perfect place to cocoon in Starting on Friday evening, April 14th and ending the comfort of tradition and history and be inspired Sunday, April 16th after breakfast, Jadzia and Michelle by those around you in community, by the river, and invite you to a weekend: Picture Yourself. Using the amongst maples, pines and oaks. Inside is a peaceful tradition of Visio Divina (Latin for Divine Seeing) and respectful space. And, one cannot ignore the talents of a chef who creates wonderful food! Michelle Reis-Amores the Executive Director of Galilee Centre and artist and art therapist Jadzia Romaniec will guide you. A perfect gift for Self or a loved one; check us out: www.galileecentre.com If this sounds like just what Rooted in the tradition of Visio Divina you need to step into Spring, do not delay this time! One step in in OUR the wrong direction is better than ‘Makeover Weekend’ APRIL 14th – 16th, 2017 standing still, because at least you can course correct! Expressive and Transformational Workshop BONUS: The first ten registrants at EARLY BIRD $290.00 for the entire week-end, including all art supplies, meals and accommodation. By: Andris Kalnins
Jadzia utilizes art as a medium for creative and personal growth.
Connect deeply to Self & Spirit, through ART, PLAY and CONTEMPLATION.
Michelle Reis-Amores teaches active contemplation, meditation and dialogue to take you on an inner journey.
Immerse in self-care retreat, meditate and communicate within.
BONUS offer Early Bird prices EXTENDED to first TEN registrants: Mar. 31st $290 Single $270 Double, $190 Commuter; Reg. price: Single $310, Double $290, Commuter $210
Amazing vegetarian meals by SiriAnand. All art supplies, meals and accommodation included.www.galileecentre.com; email@example.com
SPIRITPAINTING.COM New: Downloadable Products
Bursaries by Friends of Galilee, 613-623-4242 ext. 21