Administration Manual The administrational interface can be reached at the following URL: http://theforestcompany.se/wp-admin/ username: admin pass: admin It's strongly recommended that the password is changed to a more secure one. Do that by navigating to the following URL: http://theforestcompany.se/wp-admin/profile.php
General information: The site is live, any changes you perform in the administrative inferface will affect the site so it's always best to double check any changes or additions before actually saving them. The pages and the menu are administrated from the "Pages" menu in the toolbar. The menu is generated from the page structure you see here and as shown in the image below. All top-level menu items will also generate a link to themselves in their submenus.
This structure is achieved by first createing a page entitled "About us", This will generate the main menu in order depending on the "menu order" attribute. Note: by setting the "menu order" attribute to -1 you can hide that page from the menu.
You would then create 5 more pages and name them accordningly. After that you set the "Parent" attribute of those pages to the page we created first (About us). This will render the menu as the image above shows. Note: When creating pages, choose the "Default template" template. Ignore the other templates as you will most likley never have to create a page of those types. If you would like to, read the "Page templates" section of this manual.
There is one more setting you can change to customize the menu. While editing a page, scroll to the bottom to find the "Subtitle" attribute. This settings allows you to override the title a top-level page has in it's submenu and also it's actual article title. For children pages, this will override only the submenu title. For example: setting the "Subtitle" attribute of the "About us" page to "Company overview" would generate the exact menu as shown in the image above. The article on the right side of the image is infact the "About us" page and the "Company overview" link in the submenu links to that page.
You can attach images and PDF files to pages, read the "Attaching images" section of this manual to learn how. All other content on the site is handled by Wordpress posts (with the exception of financial reports, learn more about this in the "Special content" section of this manual). You can view this by going to "Posts" in the toolbar. When in the editing page of a post you may select the category of this post, the category is used to determine where the post will end up. A post may only have one category. A brief explanation of every category follows: 1. Financial calendar Defines upcoming events, The "title" field is the Title and the body field is the date http://theforestcompany.se/investor
2. Investor FAQ Defines Investor FAQ questions, The "title" field is the question and the body field is the answer. http://theforestcompany.se/investor/investor-faq
3. News Defines news, The "title" field is the title and the body field is the body/content 4. Personell Defines personell, The "title" field is the name of the person and the body field is the body/content. At the top right side of the post editing page there is a box entitled "Personell options", these are settings that only apply to personell posts. The "title" field is the work title of this person and the "Type" field defines where the person will be displayed. To learn how to attach an image to the post, view the "Attaching images" section in this manual. http://theforestcompany.se/about-us/board-of-directors http://theforestcompany.se/about-us/investment-manager
5. Projects Defines projects/investment portfolio posts. The "title" field is the title of the project and the body field is the body/content. Note the box at the bottom of the post editing page entitled "Project options", these options only apply to projects. To learn how to attach an image to the post, view the "Attaching images" section in this manual. http://theforestcompany.se/about-us/investment-portfolio
Note: If you are uncertain of how to create posts of a specific type, take a look at existing posts/content to learn how they will look once created.
Attaching images: You can attach images to any post or page. They will be display differently depending on which page template or post category you have selected. To upload an image or file to a post or page, click the image icon next to the "Upload/insert" text just above the body (Se the image below)
Choose the file you wish to upload and click "Upload". Once the upload is complete you will be taken to the options page for this image. You may click "Insert into Post" at the bottom of that page to paste the image into the body content of the post/page. By clicking the "Gallery" link at the top of the "Add an Image" popup (Se the image below) you will be taken to a page displaying all files that are attached to that post/page.
If you have attached an image to a page, The image that is display at the top of that list will be used as the background/header image for that page (se the image below). Note: you may "drag and drop" the images to change the order and thereby choose which image will be used.
If you upload a PDF file to page, it will be displayed at the bottom of that page (se the image below), Change the title field of the uploaded PDF to change it's name. This will only apply to pages using the "Default template" template.
If you have created a post of type "personell" the first image in the list will be used as that persons image. (se the image below)
This also applies to posts of type "Projects" (se the image below)
Special content: To upload Financial reports for display under the "Financial reports" page. Go via the "Pages" link in the toolbar, find and edit the page "Financial reports" (http://theforestcompany.se/wp-admin/post.php?post=172&action=edit) Upload the PDF just like you would an image. To learn how to attach an image , view the "Attaching images" section in this manual. Once uploaded you will be taken to the options page. The "title" field is the title of this report, Also change the "Report type" setting to the appropriate value, this will determine where the report will be shown. (se the image below)
Page templates: There are several different templates for pages. The template can be changed in the "Page attributes" box to the right while editing a page. If you are just creating a simple page with a title and body, choose the "Default template" option, if however you want to re-create one of the more advanced pages on the site, read the descriptions of the templates below: 1. Financial calendar This page will first display the content from the body field and then a list of all the posts in the "Financial calendar" category. Currently in use by: http://theforestcompany.se/investor
2. Financial reports This page will display PDF files that has been attached to it in their appropriate categories. Currently in use by: http://theforestcompany.se/investor/financial-reports 3. Front This is the template used by the front page, It will not display a submenu and it will allow the display of a preamble by filling in the "preamble" attribute at the bottom of the edit page. Currently in use by: http://theforestcompany.se/ 4. Investment portfolio This page will first display its body and then a list of all the posts in the "Projects" category. Currently in use by: http://theforestcompany.se/about-us/investment-portfolio 5. Investor FAQ This page will display the Investor FAQ posts. Currently in use by: http://theforestcompany.se/investor/investor-faq 6. News This page will display all posts in the category "News". 7. Personell list (Board of directors) This page will first display its body and then all personell of type "Board of directors" Currently in use by: http://theforestcompany.se/about-us/board-of-directors 8. Personell list (Investment Managers) This page will first display its body and then all personell of type "Investment Manager" Currently in use by: http://theforestcompany.se/about-us/investment-manager
9. Print page This is the template used to generate printable versions of pages. This page and template is utilized automatically and there is no need to create a new one.