WP2 Formulation of internal & external QA standards for TNE providers Erevan, Feb. 20, 1014
Main characteristics • Starts M12 (Dec. 2015) and ends M24 • Main components – Investigations on current procedures and practices – Develop Model of QA standards and procedures handbooks – Organisation of 2 workshops (Armenia & Georgia)
Deliverables • D.2.1: Synopsis of home and host country standards and procedures • Due date: 28/2/2015 (M15??) – Based on desk research, interviews and reviews – Identify good practices and issues – Develop TNE QA framework for both quality agencies and HEIs
Deliverables • D.2.2 External QA standards and procedures – Due 30/6/2015 (M18) – Develop QA & Procedures handbook for EQA Agencies • Standards, Mechanisms, Procedures for QA at institutional and programme level • Identify contextual arrangements
– 3-day workshop hosted by ANQA (AM) www.efmd.org
Deliverables • D.2.3: QA Standards and Procedures for HEIs • Due 30/10/2015 (M22) – Develop QA & Procedures handbook for HEIs • Standards, Mechanisms, Procedures for QA at institutional and programme level • Identify contextual arrangements
• 3-day workshop hosted by CU (GE) www.efmd.org
Procedures • EFMD to lead the WP: – Responsible for timely completion and overall quality of the deliverables – Need input from partners – Assign tasks, responsibilities and deadlines – Compile and finalise the materials and circulate for validation by partners
Typical organisational schedule for reports and deliverables • EFMD to propose – table of content – imput needed from all – schedule for completion
• Circulate for suggestions & approval, including meetings or phone conference • All partners (incl. EFMD) hand out their contribution • EFMD compiles and circulate final document for review and final approval by WP partners www.efmd.org
Pending questions • Timing and tight deadlines • Links and articulation with WP1, in particular with the trainings and synopsis • Synopsis of home countries and host country standards and procedures – Scope of the report, disciplines covered, focus on programme or institutions… – Ultimate goal of the deliverable – Best practises? Recommendations? Adaptation to host countries? www.efmd.org
Pending questions • Scope of the QA systems (D2.2 & 2.3) – – – –
Institutional vs. programme? Discipline specific? Consistency and compatibility with existing systems? Symmetry/Overlap between D.2.2 & D.2.3?
• Transition with WP3 (Pilots) • Role of the 2 workshops – Finalising the QA handbooks? – Training the experts? – Preparing the pilots?
• Timing and interim meetings? • Communication between partners and partners involvement