NAME: Tingting Kong TUTORIAL #: S_12 GROUP MEMBERS: Kelly, Henry CASE STUDY BUILDING NAME:Centre for Theology and Ministry/Joint
Theological Library/ORMOND COLLEGE 1
The unit is MM.
List the types of information found in the title block on the floor plan page. -Architecture company -Construction company -Scale -Orientation -Schedule -Name of the building
- Is there a grid? What system is used for identifying the grid lines? Yes, lives with gap in bottom as well as letters and numbers.
-Date & Drawing
Why might this information be important?
- Why is some information found in General Notes?
The information is important because that we could understand the context and information related to the construction and its surrounding.
That can provide specific information about materials.
- What is the purpose of the legend?
DRAWING CONTENT - PLANS
- What type of information is shown in this floor plan?
Each symbol represents relatively information.
More specific and detailed overview of construction Name or purpose of the area Different floor material Doors and the direction is open, windows, etc. Legends/wall finishes/ floor finishes References for the other drawing numbers - Provide an example of the dimensions as they appear on this floor plan? What units are used for the dimensions? FEL is an example of the dimension as they appear on this floor plan
- Why are some parts of the drawing annotated? Illustrate how the annotations are associated with the relevant part of the drawing. Parts of reference Tell us the specific information about these parts. And shows structure of plan Like a room be annotated the kitchen. - Illustrate how the locations of sections are identified on the plan. What do these symbols mean?
lines, orientation, numbers - Are some areas of the drawing clouded? Why? Yes, because some part need use clouded to show the structure. For instance, wall.
- Illustrate how references to other drawings are shown on the plan. What do these symbols mean? Grid lines Door types
Window type Dimensions-eg.8200
- What type of information is shown in this elevation? How does it differ from the information shown on the plan?
-Title, date & drawing number
-Scale –Schedule –Orientation
- How are windows and doors identified? Provide and example of each. Is there a rationale to their numbering? What do these numbers mean? Can you find the answer somewhere in the drawings?
-Architecture company & Construction Company
DRAWING CONTENT – ELEVATIONS
-Heights The different is in the schedule it has the small plan to separate three parts and each part has relatively elevation. And the plan doesn’t have height.
Door - Are dimensions shown? If so, how do they differ from the dimensions on the plan? Provide an example of the dimensions as they relate to the elevation. Window
Yes It will show the specific of a material. Such like:
- Illustrate how floor levels are noted on the plan? Title Such as ‘CTM-FIRST LEVEL PLAN’
- What types of levels are shown on the elevations? Illustrate how levels are shown in relation to the elevation. It shows the different orientation of elevation. Such as-South elevation and west elevation
- Is there a grid? If so, how / where is it shown? Yes. Door
It use numbers and lines
- Is there a legend? What does it identify and how is it used? Yes, It use number and letter such as ‘CC1 COPPER CLADDING’ to provide specific information about material
- Are any parts of the elevation clouded? Why?
Yes, some parts are clouded to show the material and easy to recognize.
- What types of information on the elevations are expressed using words? Illustrate how this is done.
- Illustrate where this elevation is located in relation to the plan?
It uses narrow and annotation beside.
Elevation A1 is location in plan letter from 1 to 7
4 - Illustrate how the doors and windows are identified on the elevations. Example:
DRAWING CONTENT – SECTIONS
- What type of information is shown in this section? How does it differ from the information shown on the plan and elevation?
- Find where this section is located on the plans.
- Are dimensions shown? If so, how do they differ from the dimensions on the elevation? Yes.
- What types of information on the sections are expressed using words? Illustrate how this is done. Material and room type are expressed using words. Such as MPC
- Illustrate how the section drawing differentiates between building elements that are cut through and those that are shown in elevation (beyond). Scale Drawing no and date Schedule Room type Architecture and construction company The different is the it doesn't provide material information in section - Provide examples of how different materials are shown on the sections. It use different colour to cloud the different parts. such as the foundation is clouded by grey.
DRAWING CONTENT â€“ DETAILS
- What sorts of things are detailed? Function of material Size of material
- Are the details compressed using break lines? Why? Yes, Easy to recognize.
- Provide examples of how different materials are shown on drawings at this scale.
- Find the locations of these details on the plans, elevations and sections.