T I F FA N Y
a: #46-6388 Alder Street, Richmond, BC | t: 604 505 3850 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org essentiallytc
EDUCATION Bachelor of Interior Design | Wilson School of Design at Kwantlen Polytechnic University- CIDA Accredited (2012 - 2016) - Served as secretary in 2015 in the Emerging Green Builders club. Represented the class of 2016 in the technology program “E-Mobility.”
interior design experience Interior Designer & Project Manager | allSPACES Project Management Ltd (2015 - 2017) - Led and oversaw the construction of corporate offices from start to finish. Issued purchase orders to subcontractors based on tender bids, construction schedules and final IFC drawings. Arranged framing inspections and final inspections. Insured that all subtrades were building as per IFC drawings. Evaluated site conditions with subtrades to come up with solutions when site conditions and IFC drawings had discrepencies. - Composed concept packages, renderings and FF+E selection for clients of various demographics which included tech companies, investment companies, and development companies. Procured to each client’s specific needs. - Organized site meetings and tender meetings with subtrades to develop preliminary and final construction budgets for office tenant improvements. Ensured that construction costs were on budget and in line with client’s tenant allowance. - Coordinated with architects, mechanical and electrical engineers. Reviewed engineering drawings to ensure they were in line with interior design drawings and design intent.
summary Highly driven and motivated individual who is eager to learn. Team player and capable problem solver. Proficient in conceptual design thinking. Goals to complete the LEED GA by 2018 and NCIDQ by 2019.
TECHNICAL SKILLS Autodesk AutoCAD Adobe Photoshop Google Sketchup Adobe InDesign 3D Studio Max Microsoft Office
Design SKILLS Building Code Lighting Space planning Programming Sustainability Materials & finishes selection Writing specifications Universal & accessible design
- Completed all relevant documentation including building permit application forms, ashrae forms, lighting compliance forms, addendums and full construction drawings necessary to obtain building permits for corporate offices.
Shop Development Intern | Kit & Ace (2015) - Assisted the Shop Development team in producing shop layouts and storefront designs for company stores, including Fashion Island (California) and Lynnfield (Massachusetts) location.
Time management & organization Balancing an intensive course load, a part time job and being a varsity athlete. Ability to manage hierarchy of deadlines and balance work flow.
- Collaborated with Shop Development team to come up with solutions to improve existing fitting rooms and back of house areas. Student Intern | Sanny Chan Design Group Ltd.(2013) - Organized material sample library. Contacted manufacturers and reps to provide design team with new and innovative materials for hospitality and residential projects.
Initiative & leadership Willing to take initiative in team situations as demonstrated by coaching and project management experience.
- Supported in revising construction working drawings. Reported directly to the Principal for feedback and critique.
Team player Able to collaborate and support others in team situations as demonstrated in many volunteer experiences that involve working in teams.
Sales Associate | Aeropostale (2011-2013) - Arranged and designed store front window displays. - Assisted clients with fits and colour consultations.
Strong communicator Able to clearly articulate designs verbally and diagrammatically.
Greeter | GRAY Magazine at IDSWest (2015) - Greeted and explained what GRAY Magazine is to guests that came to the booth.
Returning Eagles Athletic Scholarship Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Helped set up the stage for all panel talks.
Greeter | Modern Home Tours Vancouver (2015) - Assisted in the set up and clean up of the home.
Entering Eagles Athletic Scholarship Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Verified with visitors that they had tickets to the Modern Home Tours. - Greeted visitors as they came into the home and ensured that they understood the rules for their visit. Coach & Manager | A.R MacNeill Badminton Team (2012-2016) - Organized and ran practices sessions for students. - Coordinated with coaches from various schools. - Arranged transportation for all away games. - Led team to 2014 BC Badminton Provincials
Leaders of Tomorrow: The President’s Award Entrance Scholarship Kwantlen Polytechnic University Richmond Arts Award: Youth Category The City of Richmond Dogwood District Scholarship: Fine Arts School District 38 (Richmond)
ACTIVITIES Varsity Athlete (Badminton) Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Volunteer | Laneway Home Feature at IDSWest (2013) - Collaboration of Modern 604 and Gaile Guevara Design to fundraise for Alzheimer’s Society of BC
ARCT Performers in Piano The Royal Conservatory of Music
- Supported in furniture set up, organization of exhibit, tear down, and greeting individuals throughout the exhibit.
Team Leader | Happy City Machine Exhibition (2013)
IDIBC Student Member (2012-2016)
- Collaboration with The Museum of Vancouver. The goal of this exhibtion was to design a solution to increase human happiness.
NEWH Student Member (2013-2016)
- Organized team of 6 people in exhibition to ensure we met the appropriate deadlines and that our exhibit ran smoothly.
Organizer & Performer | Piano Graduation Recital (2013) - Organized a piano gradiation recital with 3 other graduates to fundraise for BC Children’s Hospital. Event Fabrication & Installation | AIBC President’s Gala at The Vancouver Convention Center (2013) - Worked with a team of Kwantlen Polytechnic University’s Interior Design and Fashion Design students to design and fabricate entry wayfinding pieces and center pieces for AIBC’s President Gala.
Cantonese Mandarin Japanese
Yoga Badminton Piano