Easton Points of Interest The Friends of Wye Mill, and grinds f lour to this day using two massive grindstones powered by a 26 horsepower overshot waterwheel. For more info. visit oldwyemill.org. 26. W YE ISL A ND NATUR AL RESOURCE MA NAGEMENT AREA - Located between the Wye River and the Wye East River, the area provides habitat for waterfowl and native wildlife. There are 6 miles of trails that provide opportunities for hiking, birding and wildlife viewing. For more info. visit dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/eastern/wyeisland.asp. 27. OLD WYE CHURCH - Old Wye Church is one of the oldest active Anglican Communion parishes in Talbot County. Wye Chapel was built between 1718 and 1721 and opened for worship on October 18, 1721. For more info. visit wyeparish.org. 28. WHITE MARSH CHURCH - The original structure was built before 1690. Early 18th century rector was the Reverend Daniel Maynadier. A later provincial rector (1764–1768), the Reverend Thomas Bacon, compiled “Bacon’s Laws,” authoritative compendium of Colonial Statutes. Robert Morris, Sr., father of Revolutionary financier is buried here.
Fine Gifts and Children’s Boutique Trade Whims, Too is open at 207 S. Talbot Street, St. Michaels! 15 N. Harrison St., Easton · www.tradewhims.com · 410-822-9610 114
May 2019 Tidewater Times