Page 101

collection of boatbuilders’ tools and watermen’s artifacts that convey an understanding of how the boats were constructed and the history of their use. The Museum’s Ruark Boatworks facility, located on Maryland Ave., is passing on the knowledge and skills of area boatwrights to volunteers and visitors alike. Watch boatbuilding and restoration in action. For more info. tel: 410-221-1871 or visit www.richardsonmuseum.org. HARRIET TUBMAN MUSEUM & EDUCATIONAL CENTER The Museum and Educational Center is developing programs to preserve the history and memory of Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad. The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday. Local tours by appointment are available. The Museum and Educational Center, located at 424 Race St., Cambridge, is one of the stops on the “Finding a Way to Freedom” self-guided driving tour. For more info. tel: 410-228-0401. SPOCOTT WINDMILL - Since 1972, Dorchester County has had a fully operating English style post windmill that was expertly crafted by the late master shipbuilder, James B. Richardson. There has been a succession of windmills at this location dating back to the late 1700’s. The complex also includes an 1800 tenant house, one-room school, blacksmith shop, and country store museum. The windmill is located at 1625 Hudson Rd., Cambridge.

by A & S Development LLC

Modular Floating Docks

Screwpile Dock Systems New Component Parts Replacement Parts Installations Arranged

410·770·3044 8727 Brooks Drive · Easton 99

July 2013 ttimes web magazine  

Tidewater Times July 2013

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you