How Do I Write Write Good, Effective
Posts? osts? By Jon-Marc Spatcher
It can be daunting to create a blog, especially when you are just starting out on the internet. It can be difficult to know where to start, who to direct your opinions at and what to actually say when you do know these. For this reason I have put together 10 quick and easy to help you get on your way to blog celebrity stardom:
1. Direct your ramblings. Your reader will always be considering what is in this for them. To make sure they get what they want make sure it is aimed solely at them.
2. Provide VALUE. Don’t worry if you don’t have something to say but NEVER waste people’s time. Provide the reader with some value by sharing someone else’s articles or reviewing some software or a book.
3. Proof-read Make sure you go through your work, checking for typos and obvious grammatical errors. Respect your readers by looking through your work before you press the submit button.
4. KISS - Keep it short and simple. Online readers are scanners. They tend to scan through an article checking for keys points. Ensure that they get the big points in your article by ensuring that your article is to the point. Shorter posts, published more frequently, are far more effective than larger posts every few weeks.
5. Jazz it up. Blogs are an opportunity to shed those writing shackles and let loose. Even if you aren’t a natural writer, the trick is to imagine that you are talking to a friend or even yourself! Just remember to get to the point and not to waffle.
6. LINK to others. By linking to other websites or blogs helps you gain authority in your industry. If you can tell people what others are doing in your industry it demonstrates that you are an authority and have your finger on the pulse. Commenting on other peoples blogs help to get posts on your site too, further enhancing your authority.
7. Use KEYWORDS. Key words are exactly that. They are ‘key’ to your site being ranked well in the search engines. You need to ensure that you stay focused on the reason you are writing your blog and ensure you are using your keywords often and
throughout your blog. The more focused you are on the reason for your blog the more key worded your blog will be, and more the search engines will love you. 8. Write CLEARLY (short sentences, only one concept per sentence). Make sure that you keep it clear. Stick to one rule – Only one concept per sentence. Don’t use jargon or conflicting views. Think of it as spoon feeding your readers – Make it as simple and easy to read as possible.
9. Write as you speak. Put simply, just imagine that you are talking to your reader. This also makes writing your blog far easier. Feel free to use common statements. Phrases like ‘don’t even go there’ or ‘now, I ask you’ will only endure you to your reader – Remember the age of your reader!
10. Be BOLD. Don’t be afraid to make some bold statements on things that you feel strongly about. People endear to passion and that will show in your blog. Just remember to always be honest to your readers and keep it snazzy to grab their attention.
The Six Figure Mentors Membership can help to enhance your knowledge and internet skills, helping you move your business to the next level. This is regardless whether you are new to internet marketing, you already have an online business or you want to take a traditional business online. Do you want to learn how to market products on the internet? Get a FREE Marketing Bootcamp The Six Figure Mentors Membership website where you get a set of video marketing tips which will show you how to market on the internet and improve your chances of online success.