{' '} {' '}
Limited time offer
SAVE % on your upgrade.

Page 1

ARTIST GUIDE 2020


WHAT IS THE OTHER ART FAIR? The Other Art Fair was born from a realization of the disparity between London art lovers eager to discover the next big thing and talented artists struggling to gain recognition. Eight years on, and over forty fairs later, the effects of the Fair's growing reputation are not only demonstrated through the support of leading individuals in the art world but also the frequency of success stories from past exhibiting artists. Ryan Stanier, Fair Founder


LOOKING BACK 2019 IN NUMBERS

10,000+ Total artworks sold

110,000+ Total visitors

12

Fairs across the world

170,000+ Social media reach

$5m

Value of art sold onsite


Inside Out Project, Brooklyn May

Launch of Dallas Fair, September

The Other Art Fair x CALM Loyle Carner album launch Launch of London King’s Cross Fair, July

2019's global 'Greener Futures' theme, focusing on sustainable art projects such as 'Art Upcycle'

2019 HIGHLIGHTS


Becky McCray ‘Full Circle’ Installation, London, March

David Shrigley’s exclusive design for reusable cups

AR invitation and mural, London, July

Sacred Smoking Ceremony, Sydney, October

Get Nude Get Drawn, Brooklyn, November

Bombay Sapphire® Canvas Labs, US Fairs

2019 HIGHLIGHTS


2019 SUCCESS STORIES “I have not only had great opportunities thanks to The Other Art Fair, but I've also been able to get professional advice and learn from talented fellow artists. I’ve exhibited in both London and Brooklyn and won a competition to have my artwork included in the permanent collection at Soho House. The Fair creates a real sense of community and helps you to form lasting friendships and relationships. It gives you the essential experience to advance in your art career.”

MARIANNE HENDRIKS

“It was an incredible experience to get to see the purchase of my large Time Lapses in person at the fair. Not only because the clients were the amazing Bobbi Brown and Steven Plofker, but also because they chose a combination of Time Lapses we'd never thought of before, a beautiful series that we ended up incorporating into the design of my next The Other Art Fair stand... I will remember that moment for the rest of my life, and I will be forever grateful!”

XAN PADRÓN

“It had always been a dream of mine to be able to share my work internationally and to touch people's lives in a form of a piece of art. Art shouldn't have any boundaries, and The Other Art Fair has given me so much freedom to express myself in different places like LA, Brooklyn and London. It's given me this motivation to always work harder and surprise myself and collectors every time I exhibit.”

MARCELINA AMELIA


PARTNERS AND SPONSORS Each year we secure partners and sponsors that offer collaborative opportunities for artists and provide exposure across their platforms. A few highlights inlcude:

MEDIA

LIFESTYLE & HOSPITALITY

DRINKS


2020

14 FAIRS

J F M

SYDNEY LONDON

A

LOS ANGELES APRIL 16-19 BROOKLYN APRIL 30- MAY 3

M

DALLAS MELBOURNE CHICAGO

MAY 7-10 MAY 21-24 MAY 27-30

LONDON

JULY 2-5

TORONTO DALLAS

SEPTEMBER 10-13 SEPTEMBER 24-27

MARCH 19-22 MARCH 19-22

J J A S O

LONDON OCTOBER 8-11 LOS ANGELES OCTOBER SYDNEY OCTOBER 22-25

N

BROOKLYN

D

NOVEMBER 5-8

THE OTHER ART FAIR 2020


2020

WHAT IS IN STORE? In May The Other Art Fair returns to Chicago with an exciting new venue, Skylight at the Chicago Board of Trade Building After a record breaking launch Fair, The Other Art Fair is very excited to present two Dallas editions of the Fair in May and September The Other Art Fair returns to King’s Cross London in July for an exciting second summer edition The London Graduate Prize will award eight recent graduates from Central Saint Martins with a free stand at the July edition of the London Fair The Other Art Fair is thrilled to be launching a brand new edition of the The Other Art Fair in Toronto, September 10-13 The Other Art Fair’s partnership with Bombay Sapphire continues throughout 2020 with ‘Canvas Labs’ - a series of creative workshops at fairs across the US


WHY APPLY? • Be a part of global artist community • Sell directly to thousands of art lovers • Put your work in front of gallerists, collectors, curators and critics • Meet fellow artists and future collaborators • Sell all year round as a highlight artist on Saatchi Art • Grow your social media profile

“ “

I gained lots of sales, new contacts and artist contacts, invaluable feedback on my work and a richer understanding of where my practice needs to go next. I enjoyed every minute. Alex McIntyre

The Other Art Fair Sydney has been the highlight of my career so far. The exposure to a large new audience, strong sales and getting my work into a Sydney gallery were beyond my expectations. I enjoyed chatting with visitors and other artists and have returned home inspired and keen to attend next year. Steve Salo


HOW IT WORKS

APPLY ONLINE

THEOTHERARTFAIR.COM Choose the fair location you wish to apply to, click the ‘Applying’ tab and follow the instructions to complete the form. Upload four artwork images, an artist statement about your practice, a brief history of your qualifications, experience and your reasons for applying.

1

It is free to apply to the fair - applicants will only be asked to pay if they are offered a stand.

SELECTION PROCESS

CONFIRM YOUR STAND

Exhibitors are handpicked by a selection committee of art world experts. Each edition has a new committee with a fresh set of opinions.

Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email and DocuSign online contract.

Past members include:

3

4

Once the artist has returned the contract, they will be given the details to make payment of the 30% deposit required to secure the stand. The remaining 70% is due 6 weeks before the fair.

Tracey Emin, Anita Zabludowicz, Roslyn Oxley, Omar Kholeif, Peter MacGill, Yinka Shonibare MBE, Kate Bryan and Edward Lucie-Smith.

PRE-FAIR PREPARATION

ARRIVING ONSITE

Exhibitors will receive an exhibitor manual, which covers all logistical aspects of exhibiting at the fair. An exhibitor workshop is held 6 weeks before the fair to run through set-up, sales payments as well as marketing strategy and the fair program!

Artists are responsible for the shipping, installation and de-installation of their artwork.

Exhibitors are provided with invitations and complimentary tickets to give to their network of collectors, friends and family.

Please note that the ethos of the fair is self-representation. Therefore artists need to be present for the duration of the fair.

5

Exhibitors need to provide their own furniture such as tables, chairs and print racks.

6

CHOOSE YOUR STAND SIZE At the end of the application form you will be asked to choose your stand size. Stand sizes are provided in linear measures. This length includes side walls, i.e. a 16 linear foot stand = 1 x 8 foot back wall + 2 x 4 foot side walls; a 5 linear metre stand = 1 x 3 meter back wall + 2 x 1 metre side walls.

2

The majority of stands are U-shaped with some L-shaped stands.


WHAT’S INCLUDED? The Other Art Fair prides itself on a comprehensive artist support package to champion individual exhibitors. This includes: A fully built stand with spotlights and name board A highlighted presence on saatchiart.com/theotherartfair A highlighted social presence via posts on the Fair’s social media channels (170k+) and Saatchi Art’s social media channels (1m+) PR support Feature on The Other Art Fair mobile app Exposure to a diverse audience of critics, gallerists and collectors Pre-fair workshop, covering all logistical aspects of exhibiting, led by Fair Director Pre-fair guide on exhibiting, marketing and curation Exclusive access to The Other Art Fair artist community via a monthly newsletter, private Facebook page and social events in the Fair cities


STAND PRICES It is free to apply to the Fair. If accepted you will be requested to pay a 30% deposit to secure your place. The remaining 70% will be due at a later date. There are five tiers of stand sizes.

AUS

Sydney 5 linear meters + 2 spotlights = AUS$2085 + gst 6 linear meters + 2 spotlights = AUS$2540 + gst Melbourne 5 linear meters + 2 spotlights = AUS$1985 + gst 6 linear meters + 2 spotlights = AUS$2470 + gst

CA

Toronto 5 linear meters + 2 spotlights = CA$2480 + sales tax 6 linear meters + 2 spotlights = CA$2870 + sales tax

UK

London 5 linear meters + 2 spotlights = ÂŁ1375 + VAT 6 linear meters + 2 spotlights = ÂŁ1625 + VAT

USA

Brooklyn and LA 16 linear feet + 2 spotlights = $1880 + sales tax 20 linear feet + 2 spotlights = $2180 + sales tax Chicago and Dallas 16 linear feet + 2 spotlights = $1680 + sales tax 20 linear feet + 2 spotlights = $1980 + sales tax

Tier 1

Tier 4

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 5

Larger stand prices, from tier 3 to 5, are available on request. Sales are processed via a central till system, artists do not need to provide their own payment systems. A 15% commission is charged on all artworks sold via the Fair. All artists will receive their sales payment within 15 working days.


KEEP IN TOUCH /theotherartfair @theotherartfair @theotherartfair

LONDON Jessica Chow jessica@theotherartfair.com SYDNEY & MELBOURNE Luke Potkin luke.potkin@theotherartfair.com BROOKLYN, CHICAGO & TORONTO Sophie Lucas sophie@theotherartfair.com LOS ANGELES & DALLAS Nicole Garton nicole@theotherartfair.com

Join the Other Art Fair Artist Community Theotherartfair.com/sign-up

APPLY NOW THEOTHERARTFAIR.COM

Profile for theotherartfair

The Other Art Fair Artist Guide 2020  

The Other Art Fair Artist Guide 2020