Teaching Children Manner – How to Teach your Toddler Good Manners Good manners are extremely important for the development of a child. Well behaved children set an example for others, and they reflect their upbringing and parents. You can follow the below mentioned tips to develop and nurture good manners in your kids. 1. Be a role model for your kids - Kids are known to imitate the actions of their
elders. Hence you should try to be a role model for your kids. Right from using all the pleasantries such as hi or hello, to excuse me, please and sorry, everything should be taught slowly and steadily to the kids. Such simple words cause the magic to make a lasting impression on people.
2. Don’t scream or hit the kids for
throwing tantrums - Instead of yelling at kids, talk to them politely about their bad behavior and tell them how it can hurt others. Promise them goodies and other stuff if they behave nicely with others. In one or two encounters, they should be able to realize the importance of being polite and good to others.
3. Help them develop good table manners - Ensure that your kid doesn’t throw
out food from his or her mouth or spill food on the table. Right since kids are old enough to sit and eat, make sure they spread a napkin on their legs and their neck so that the food doesn’t spill on the table.
4. Do not encourage reckless behavior
- Any kind of negative behavior like throwing things around or stamping on things should never be encouraged under any circumstances. Such behavior will lead to problems in the future and is likely to be continued as the child grows old as well.
5. Help them develop a welcoming body language â€“ Good body language
speaks volumes about the behavior of the child. You should teach your kids open body language such as loosened up hands, a smile on the face, good eye contact, proper listening skills without interrupting others and a straight posture. A child with all these behaviors welcomes everyone to come up and speak to him or her. On the flip side, lack of eye contact, poor listening power and closed gestures are sure to make people think twice before talking to a child.
6. Help them overcome their selfishness â€“ Children are generally selfish by
nature. When you do not get them what they want, hell breaks loose. Therefore, it is important that you teach your kids the importance of sharing and selflessness as early as possible. You can give your child examples and make him or her understand how sharing can be great fun. The behavior that you teach kids at home will be manifested in preschool or nursery school as well. So follow these simple tips and make your kid a good human being.