The Little Black Book
Image from TK Maxx
Spring 2014 Edition
Your Essential Guide to The Brewery W W W. T H E B R E W E R Y R O M F O R D. C O M WAT E R LO O R D, R O M F O R D R M 1 1 A U
Shop. Eat. Play.
r a e w s n e m Wo
Update your wardrobe with a few must have items. This seasons key pieces are simple, chic and effortless.
1. TK Maxx Small Pink Handbag £24.99 (RRP £60) 2. Sainsbury’s Classic Trench Coat £30.00 3. TK Maxx Diamante Necklace £14.99 4. Gap Snakeskin Leather Ballet Flats £29.95 5. Gap Horizontal-Stripe Shirt £34.95 6. 2 Sainsbury’s Printed Trousers £20.00
Men swear 1. Bank Nanny State Contrast Sleeve Bomber Jacket £35.00 2. Gap Coated Canvas Travel Tote £59.95 3. Bank Nanny State Geo Print Polo Shirt £28.00 4. TK Maxx Grey Low Boot Trainer £24.99 5. Sainsbury’s Red Check Shirt £16.00 6. Sainsbury’s Khaki Zip Up Hoody £14.00
Combine classic with a bit of contemporary, blend function with a bit of flair, and above all, accomplish an individual style that works for you.
2 4 6
n S u n shine O r izon The Ho Spring is just around the corner and what better way to brighten up a dreary winter’s day, than adding a splash of colour. Making a BOLD statement in your home does not have to be expensive. There are plenty of ways to add 4colour to your home!
1. Sainsbury’s Lemon Metal Case £10.00 2. Sainsbury’s Morphy Richards Yellow and Stainless Steel 4-slice Toaster £49.50 3. Homesense Pink Scales £19.99 4. Homesense Blue Tribal Pattern Jar £7.99 5. Homesense Lime Bobbled Cushion £12.99 6. TK Maxx Turquoise wing chair £499.99
Hom e Of Modern Vin tage
To create a romantic and dreamy interior, feature floral textiles and home accessories in milky hues and lilac tones. 6
1. Sainsbury’s Pink Heather in Jar £8.00 2, Homesense Green & Red Floral Jug £4.99 3. Sainsbury’s Kitchen Collection Pyramid Kettle £29.99 4. Sainsbury’s Floral Quilted Cushion £15.00 5. Homesense Rose Picture £12.99 6. The Range Farani Pink Double Quilt Set £14.99
ve o L h t i w e d Ma Bake it or make it, there are plenty of ways to get creative. Whether you’re looking to spoil a loved one with a homemade tasty treat or make a gorgeous present, why not pop to The Brewery and get inspired. Feeling crafty? Head to Hobbycraft, an Aladdin’s cave packed full of arts and crafts. Whether you’re a beginner or a handmade pro, Hobbycraft offer a variety of workshops on hand to help guide and inspire your creative needs. used All materials Bird to make the u e p rchased Brooch can b online or at Hobbycraft!
Brooch How to make it
• C lick on the template link and print out your template, enlarge the templates of the bird, wing and pointy flower by 200%. http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/SupplyImages/WF1039/ JewelleryHolder1760template.pdf
• C ut out one blue felt wing and one lavender felt flower. Place them on the bird with a pink flower button on top, and sew together.
• To make the bird’s legs, cut a 6cm length of pink ribbon, fold in half, and sew to the back of the bird.
• F or the beak: Cut a small triangle of yellow felt and stitch to the bird’s face.
• F or the bird’s eye, stick a green adhesive gemstone to the centre of the pink button and glue in place.
• S titch a bar brooch to the back of the bird to complete, then pin him on his jewellery-holder perch!
Vintage Teacup Candles For this project we used: • A selection of vintage teacups and saucers, Microwaveable soy wax, Candle dye block,
Spring scent, Pre waxed wire wick and clip, Thermometer, Bamboo skewers or lollipop sticks, Glass pouring jug, Old wooden spoon, Newspaper to protect your work surface.
How to make it
Head to H o Sainsbury meSense, ’s or The R ange to pick up inspired te your vintage a cups, plu sa materials required to ll the cre the candle , can be pu ate rc h ased from Hobb ycraft
• Make sure your teacups are clean and dry. • Prepare the wicks by placing in the middle of the cup and use the skewer by resting on top of the cup, then twist the wick around the skewer to hold in place.
• P lace some wax chips into the glass jug, approximately two handfuls per candle. • M elt the wax on a high heat in the microwave until fully melted or 180ºF, then add the dye. Remove and use the thermometer to check the temperature; when cooled to 140ºF add the scent.
• P our the melted wax carefully into the cups, almost to the top,
keeping some aside to top up the candles later. Allow the wax to cool in the cups for approx. an hour then make a number of small holes around the wick to let the air out. Re-melt the wax in the glass jar then top up. Light and enjoy!
y a D s ’ r e h Mot
March h t 0 3 y a S u nd
To celebrate your mum this Mother’s Day. The Brewery have selected some fantastic gift ideas that are sure to delight her. 4 3
1. Sainsbury’s Scrapbook Gift Set £8.00 2. Homesense Blue Floral Framed Mirror £59.99 3. Boots No7 Indulgent Bathing Gift Set £25.00 4. TK Maxx crystal heart earrings £9.99 85. TK Maxx Craft books from £6.99
For an original gift , make Mum some delicious cookies.
Ingredients 115g unsalted butter, softened 55g Sainsbury’s Fairtrade golden caster sugar
180g plain flour, plus extra for dusting 1-2 tablespoons whole milk Pack of Sainsbury’s glitter writing icing
Sainsbury’s sugar coated plain chocolate beans Sainsbury’s Eric & Erica sprinkles
Method Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Add the butter and sugar together in a bowl, until pale and creamy. Sieve the flour into the bowl along with 1 tablespoon of the milk. Mix together with your hands to make a ball of soft dough - you might need to add the remaining milk. Sprinkle a little flour. Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll out 1 piece to a thickness of about 5mm. Using lettershaped cutters, spell ‘I love mum’. Using a palette knife, transfer to the baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the biscuits are just golden. Leave them to cool on the baking sheets before putting them on a cooling rack to cool completely. Let little ones decorate the biscuits using edible glitter writing icing and decorations. Don’t forget if you need to buy some kitchen utensils then why not pop to HomeSense, Sainsbury’s, The Range or TK Maxx. All the above ingredients can be purchased from Sainsbury’s.
Wishing you a Happy Mothers Day from The Brewery
T&C’s • Available on Classic party packages only (normally £14.95) • Available on Monday and Tuesday • Limited spaces available • Cannot be used in conjuction with any other offer • Requires a minimum of 8 Children
The Brewery has a range of shops, restaurants and leisure experiences
for FRE E
99p Stores Bank Boots Brantano Carphone Warehouse Currency Exchange Corporation Dr Gadgets Dulce Cakes & Food GAP Hobbycraft Homesense
JD Sports Mamas & Papas Metro Bank Sainsbury’s Shopmobility T&B Photographic The Entertainer The Range Thomas Cook TK Maxx Vida Hair & Beauty VIP Nails ViVi Natural Cosmetics
for the After Sc h
As a member of The *After School Club, you will receive exclusive offers and discounts from your favourite shops, restaurants and venues at The Brewery, plus a goodie bag.
Cosmo Costa Coffee Frankie & Benny’s McDonald’s Nando’s Pizza Express Starbucks Toby Carvery Zizzi
Explore Learning Kidspace Namco Fun Scape Virgin Active VUE Cinema
at The B rewery
*The After School Club is FREE to members that are eligible from their 5th - 12th Birthday (inclusive) *After School Club goodie bags subject to availability Members will be kept up-to-date with the latest exclusive offers, ideas and deals on kid’s birthday parties, plus activities and events held at the Brewery all year round.
Latest Offers To redeem these offers you must present your official Brewery After School Club membership card upon purchase. These offers are only available Monday to Friday 4pm-7pm term-time only and excludes school holidays.
Shop. Eat. Play. W W W. T H E B R E W E R Y R O M F O R D. C O M WAT E R LO O R D, R O M F O R D R M 1 1 A U
Featured products only available while stocks last. All information correct at time of going to print.
Shop. Eat. Play.
Published on Mar 21, 2014
Find everything you need for Spring at The Brewery! From homewares to new fashion, we've got everything you need to see you through the the...