The observer | ThursdAY, march 27, 2014 | ndsmcobserver.com
Question of the Day: ndsmcobserver.com
Have a question you want answered? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
30 degrees and snowing or 60 degrees and raining?
P.O. Box 779, Notre Dame, IN 46556 024 South Dining Hall, Notre Dame, IN 46556
senior off campus
senior Morrissey Manor
“60 rain; spring is hopefully coming.”
“30 snow because rain makes everything smell.”
freshman Pasquerilla West Hall
senior Ryan Hall
“60 rain; I’m tired of the snow and I like the rain.”
“60 rain; make it rain!”
(574) 631-6900 email@example.com
senior Lewis Hall
junior Welsh Family Hall
“30 snow; the cold never bothered me anyway.”
“30 snow because I hate the rain.”
Editor-in-Chief Ann Marie Jakubowski Managing Editor Business Manager Brian Hartnett Peter Woo
Asst. Managing Editor: Isaac Lorton Asst. Managing Editor: Kevin Song Asst. Managing Editor: Samantha Zuba
News Editor: Lesley Stevenson Viewpoint Editor: Gabriela Leskur Sports Editor: Mary Green Scene Editor: Allie Tollaksen Saint Mary’s Editor: Kelly Konya Photo Editor: Wei Lin Graphics Editor: Keri O’Mara Multimedia Editor: Kirby McKenna Online Editor: Kevin Song Advertising Manager: Emily Kopetsky Ad Design Manager: Sara Hillstrom Controller: Alex Jirschele Systems Administrator: Jeremy Vercillo Office Manager & General Info
Ph: (574) 631-7471 Fax: (574) 631-6927 Advertising
(574) 631-4542 firstname.lastname@example.org Managing Editor
(574) 631-4542 email@example.com Assistant Managing Editors
(574) 631-4541 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Business Office
(574) 631-5313 News Desk
(574) 631-5323 email@example.com Viewpoint Desk
(574) 631-5303 firstname.lastname@example.org Sports Desk
(574) 631-4543 email@example.com Scene Desk
(574) 631-4540 firstname.lastname@example.org Saint Mary’s Desk
email@example.com Photo Desk
(574) 631-8767 firstname.lastname@example.org Systems & Web Administrators
(574) 631-8839 Policies The Observer is the independent, daily newspaper published in print and online by the students of the University of Notre Dame du Lac and Saint Mary’s College. Editorial content, including advertisements, is not governed by policies of the administration of either institution. The Observer reserves the right to refuse advertisements based on content. The news is reported as accurately and objectively as possible. Unsigned editorials represent the opinion of the majority of the Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor, Assistant Managing Editors and department editors. Commentaries, letters and columns present the views of the authors and not necessarily those of The Observer. Viewpoint space is available to all readers. The free expression of all opinions through letters is encouraged. Letters to the Editor must be signed and must include contact information. Questions regarding Observer policies should be directed to Editor-in-Chief Ann Marie Jakubowski. Post Office Information The Observer (USPS 599 2-4000) is published Monday through Friday except during exam and vacation periods. A subscription to The Observer is $130 for one academic year; $75 for one semester. The Observer is published at: 024 South Dining Hall Notre Dame, IN 46556-0779 Periodical postage paid at Notre Dame and additional mailing offices POSTMASTER Send address corrections to: The Observer P.O. Box 779 024 South Dining hall Notre Dame, IN 46556-077 The Observer is a member of the Associated Press. All reproduction rights are reserved.
Today’s Staff News
Carolyn Hutyra Rebecca O’Neil Emily McConville
Katie Heit Alex Wilcox Evan Anderson
Corrections The Observer regards itself as a professional publication and strives for the highest standards of journalism at all times. We do, however, recognize that we will make mistakes. If we have made a mistake, please contact us at (574) 631-4541 so we can correct our error.
MICHAEL YU | The Observer
Freshman Erich Jegier is sold for $50 during the Notre Dame Gentlemen Auction in the LaFortune Ballroom on Wednesday night. The event benefited the Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation, an organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer.
The next Five days:
Want your event included here? Email email@example.com
Softball Melissa Cook Stadium 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. The Irish take on the Northwestern Wildcats.
Soup and Substance Geddes Hall 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Examining African education. Sponsored by Building Tomorrow.
Holy Half Marathon Campus-wide 9 p.m. - 12 p.m. Packet pickup Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. in Sorin Room, SUB office.
Shamrock Challenge Rockne Memorial 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Fitness contest to benefit the Special Olympics.
“Porn: Both Sides of the Screen” Hesburgh Library 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. Panel discussion on effects of pornography.
The Pervert’s Guide to Ideology DeBartolo Performing Arts Center 7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Nanovic Film Series.
Relay for Life Compton Family Ice Arena 6 p.m. $10 registration, ends Saturday.
Women’s Basketball Purcell Pavilion 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. NCAA regional semifinals vs. Oklahoma State.
Men’s Tennis Eck Tennis Pavilion 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. The Irish take on the North Carolina Tar Heels.
Women’s Basketball Purcell Pavilion 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Notre Dame hosts NCAA Regional Finals.