Page 1


Acceptance Information for First-year and Transfer Students Lea r n . d o . Live.

Table of Contents CONFIRM YOUR ACCEPTANCE................................ 2-3 Checklist............................................................... 2 Confirmation Deposit .............................3 Admission/Financial Aid/ Special Programs......................................3 campus life....................................................... 4-8 Residence Hall Information................................. 4 Residence Hall Contract Information................. 5 Living Learning Communities............................. 6 Types of Living Learning Communities.............. 7 Theme Communities............................................ 8 Leadership Opportunities................................... 8 Campus Housing environments ................... 9-15 Residence Hall Choices Chart.............................. 9 First-year Residence Halls............................. 10-11 Sophomore and Above Residence Halls............. 12-13 University Apartments................................. 14-15 REGISTRATION and campus visits....................... 16 CWU Catalog Requests...................................... 16 Class Schedules.................................................. 16 Campus Visits..................................................... 16 campus map/locker poster/cwu mobile......insert TUITION AND FEES.................................................... 17 Financial Aid/Residency..................................... 17 Dining Services................................................. 18-19 new student orientation................................... 20 CAMPUS support.................................................... 21 English and Math Placement............................ 21 University Police and Parking Services............. 21 room and board contract Terms and Conditions............................ 22-25 room and board contract application... 27-28 Student immunization and health Requirements form...................................... 29 Apartment application.................................. 31-32 DIRECTIONS TO Campus................. inside back cover

Experience all that Central Washington University has to offer. Living on campus enhances your overall education and is one of the best ways to develop friendships with peers that you will cherish for a lifetime. Learn. Do. Live.

Welcome Wildcats! Student Success is important to us at Central Washington University and we are excited that you have chosen to consider CWU as your future home. Students who attend Central find it meets all of their academic and personal needs—whether it is the strong academic programs or the quality events that we bring to campus. Students regularly comment on how the University provides many life-enriching opportunities.

Our philosophy of “Learn. Do. Live.� means that our students experience a vibrant intellectual community, fostered by faculty and staff, that will allow you to expand your knowledge and be involved in a strong academic program. Not only will you be working with a knowledgeable and helpful faculty and staff, you will have a strong connection outside of the classroom that will allow you to participate in hands-on events that connect your in-classroom and out-of-classroom experiences. Lastly, you will live among an engaged group of students that choose Central as their institution of choice and be able to gain those skills necessary for you to have many future successes. Not only do we have a strong academic program, CWU also offers concerts, comedy nights, a state-of-the-art recreation and outdoor center, a vibrant residence hall experience, and world-renowned speakers and performers. These opportunities make Central students competitive with their peers who attend other universities around the state and country. Central values and appreciates our students. This is proven through small class sizes, excellent job placement opportunities, and unmatched campus and student life services. We want our students to know that we value you as part of our university family. We emphasize student involvement, engagement in the community, and overall personal safety. Students can join many clubs and organizations that support their personal passions or work with a group of students to create a new CWU club. We are glad you are considering Central Washington University as your new home. Please mark your calendar for a visit to campus so we can show you our many outstanding educational and social opportunities. Let us help you make CWU your University of choice.

Sarah Swager Dean of Student Success





There are several steps involved in accepting the offer of admission at CWU. For your convenience, we have created a checklist of items that need to be accomplished before you arrive on campus for the 2014–2015 academic year.

Central Washington University is a comprehensive public institution that was founded in 1891. Known for its small class sizes, personal attention, and opportunities for students to involve themselves in research and leadership, CWU provides a high-quality education. We are committed to student success throughout your time at CWU. Reaching your academic and career goals is important to all of us.

Living By participating in activities both on and off campus, students can enhance their college experience enormously, find avenues for expressing themselves, make connections with the world around them, and transform their lives. In addition to excellent academics and top-rated faculty, CWU’s location offers a vast selection of out-of-classroom experiences. Whether you crave exercise, the outdoors, or culture, life at Central has something to offer everyone.

Community CWU is located in historic Ellensburg, less than two hours east of Seattle and nestled in the heart of Washington State. The 380-acre Ellensburg campus has 21 academic buildings, 17 residence halls, and four apartment complexes. Other facilities include outstanding science research laboratories, a half-million-volume library, botanical greenhouse, fine arts complex, performing arts theaters, recreational facilities and student union, renovated and brand new residence hall. In addition to its main campus, CWU has locations statewide that serve the needs of placebound students in the Puget Sound area, Pierce County, and the east side of Washington State.


o Confirm your acceptance and guarantee your spot by sending in the non-refundable $100 confirmation deposit no later than 15 days after you have been accepted or by May 1 for fall quarter.

o Send a $200 deposit and completed housing contract for the residence hall room first-come priority assignment process by June 1 for fall quarter.

o Wildcat Day is scheduled for Saturday, April 12, 2014 (Phase I of Orientation, see page 20).

o Visit and tour the campus. (Go to

o Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 for priority consideration.

o Watch for July Discover new student orientation information for fall quarter in April (Phase II of Orientation, see page 20). Return confirmation for Orientation. Register for academic advising registration and orientation program called Discover. Session dates include: June 30–July 1; July 7–8; July 10–11; July 14–15; July 17–18 (See

o Arrange to have final high school and college (if applicable) transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions by June 15.

o A  ttend Discover Orientation in July. o Attend Wildcat Welcome Weekend (W 3) in September (Phase III of Orientation). Visit us at discover.

Confirmation Deposit

Applying for Financial Aid

To confirm your intention to enroll, you must submit a nonrefundable $100 confirmation deposit that applies to your first quarter’s tuition by the date stated in your acceptance letter (May 1 for fall quarter).

If you have not already done so, you (and your family) should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is available after January 1 at Central’s Title IV code is 003771.

To have priority consideration for housing accommodations, you must submit a combined deposit of $300. The combined deposit includes the $100 admissions confirmation deposit and $200 housing contract deposit. A priority housing date is established upon receipt of your $200 deposit. The $100 admissions confirmation deposit and a minimum $50 of the housing contract deposit are nonrefundable.

March 15 is Central’s priority deadline.

If you have not already confirmed, please use the attached envelope to submit admissions confirmation deposit to confirm your intention to enroll at CWU. You may pay on the Web at online-payments. Make sure your name and student identification number are on your check or money order, which should be made payable to Central Washington University. Send payments for the Ellensburg campus to: Cashiers Office Central Washington University 400 East University Way Ellensburg, WA 98926-7490

Transcripts Please arrange to have official copies of your final high school and college transcripts sent to CWU by June 30 to the following address: Office of Admissions Central Washington University 400 East University Way Ellensburg, WA 98926-7463

The FAFSA is the only application needed to apply for federal grants, state grants, federal loans, and institutional aid. To be considered for all aid, a new student should be fully admitted by February 1; fill out the general scholarship application by February 1 found on the CWU Scholarship Web page; and submit a FAFSA by March 15. If asked for verification documents, turn in all requested documents by May 1. Offers of financial aid awards will be mailed beginning midApril. All applications (regardless of date received) will be processed.

Applying to a University Center Program Generally, first-year students are not eligible to attend a University Center. However, if you have at least 90 transferable college credits and/or a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) associate degree, and would like to attend a University Center, contact the appropriate center for additional information. CWU-Des Moines, phone: 206-439-3800, fax: 206-878-0527 CWU-Lynnwood, phone: 425-640-1574, fax: 425-640-1488 CWU-Moses Lake, phone: 509-793-2384, fax: 509-762-1918 CWU-Pierce, phone: 253-964-6636, fax: 253-964-6733 CWU-Wenatchee, phone: 509-665-2600, fax: 509-665-2601 CWU-Yakima, phone: 509-963-3700, fax: 509-963-3703 All official transcripts should be sent to the Admissions Office in Ellensburg. If you attended or are attending a Washington State community college, please request that your transcripts be sent electronically to CWU.

Questions? If you have questions about accepting the offer of admission, please call the Admissions office at 509-963-1211.


Campus Life Residence Hall Environment

Live-in Requirement

CWU residence halls are like our classrooms—small and personable—allowing you to meet and know most of the people living in them.

If you are single and a first-year student enrolled in seven college credits or more, under the age of 20, and not planning to live locally with your parents or certain relatives, you must live in a CWU residence hall for one academic year regardless of the number of college credits you have earned (WAC 106-156-010 and WAC 106-156-011).

The dynamics of each residence hall are unique, and the people who live in them help make CWU a diverse and vibrant community. Programs offered within each residence hall are fun and entertaining. In the past, group activities have included floating the Yakima River, ice-skating, bowling, inner tubing, horseback riding, intramural sports, game nights, Karaoke, and attending stage productions and professional sporting events. Residence halls also organize cooperative events, giving students the opportunity to meet new people and have new experiences. CWU considers residence hall living one of the most valuable learning experiences of a student’s educational career. Programming also addresses student development and academic enhancement. Effective programming can positively impact a student’s university experience. For this to happen, our efforts are intentional and reflect variety, balance, and flexibility.

Running Start students, regardless of class standing, are also required to live on campus for one year. Students requesting an exception to the policies must apply for an exception through University Housing and New Student Programs, located in Button Hall in advance of the quarter.

Questions? For more information about on-campus housing, call 509-963-1831 or toll free 888-CWU-HOME (888-298-4663), e-mail, or go to

CWU’s residence halls offer a variety of attractive and complete housing and dining packages including traditional, renovated, and new residence halls. The residence halls house between 35 and 476 occupants and include furniture, microfridges, expanded FM/TV cable services including Showtime®, Internet hook-up, basic telephone services, utilities, and coin-operated laundry facilities. In addition, many halls have their own pool table, piano, pingpong table, and TV lounges. All residence halls and university buildings are smoke-free.

Residence Hall Staff Our well-trained, supportive, and understanding residence hall staff is part of the team working to create a comfortable living and learning environment. Many professional and paraprofessional staff members combine their efforts to meet this commitment. Our staff includes residence hall coordinators who are full-time professional staff. In addition, our paraprofessional full-time student staff includes residence hall managers, resident assistants, and community programmers. Hall staff members facilitate the development of the community in the residence halls and serve as a resource for residents. All professional and undergraduate staff participate in an extensive two-week fall training and ongoing training throughout the year.


Residence Hall Contract Information Residence Hall Assignment The room and board contract is contingent upon the applicant’s academic admission to Central Washington University and maintenance of enrolled status with a minimum of seven quarter hours. Current students are given priority for room and board choices. At the beginning of spring quarter, new students will have the opportunity to choose their residence hall rooms for fall quarter. Prior to choosing your room, it is required that the signed contract and deposit be received at CWU. Students that have submitted the contract and deposit prior to spring quarter will be notified of the opportunity first. As contracts and deposits are received during spring quarter, students will be notified of this opportunity. Notification of your opportunity will be sent on your CWU email account. It is important that you activate your Safari account and that you check your CWU email account regularly and frequently. If you do not choose your room or your contract and deposit are received after June 1, assignments will be made by the computer, with priority given to roommate request, then to room type, and finally to area. Housing is guaranteed for new students who return their paperwork and pay the deposit before June 1. After June 1, students submitting their room and board contract and fees will be assigned a room on a space-available basis. If you must terminate your contract prior to the beginning of the term, refer to section 15D of the terms and conditions of the room and board contract for nonrefundable cancellation fees. Approximately one to two months before fall quarter begins, students will receive their residence hall assignment letters with the payment schedule for the upcoming quarter. For winter and spring quarters, this information is sent a couple of weeks prior to the beginning of the quarter. The $200 housing deposit will be kept on the student’s account until the student no longer lives on campus.

Procedure for Requesting a Roommate Sharing a room provides the opportunity for developing new friendships. Students occupying a double or triple occupancy room and paying the corresponding rate may choose a roommate or be assigned roommates. If you wish to room with a friend(s), all roommates should send their deposits and room and board contract forms in the same package. List each other as roommates and write each other’s student identification numbers in the spaces provided on the application. You may request a roommate when choosing your room electronically; however, the roommate must have a deposit and contract at CWU in order for the roommate to agree to the request. Be sure all roommates are in agreement with the program and hall preferences so that if you do not choose your room on line, we are still able to assign you together. Students requesting roommates must have their requests submitted by June 1. If you do not have a roommate preference, CWU will assign a roommate(s) based on application information, program registration, and deposit. Many of our students come from diverse international communities and provide an excellent opportunity for an especially rewarding roommate experience. If this possibility is desirable to you, be sure to indicate the international roommate option on the room and board contract under roommate preference. CWU attempts to honor all requests as space permits in the hall and program of your choice. However, we are unable to guarantee a particular type of roommate or residence hall.

Contract The academic-year contract offers room and board for the entire academic year and your commitment is for the full term of the contract. Exceptions include participation in an approved off-campus academic program such as student teaching or an internship. If you terminate an academic contract during the academic year, you are subject to liquidating charges and fees in accordance with section #15B of the room and board contract. First-year students, including Running Start students, are required to live on campus for one academic year and to have a meal plan.


Living Learning Communities

e ous pH








Rec Sus reatio tain n a abi nd lity Stu den ts f or t he S.T. Dre E.P. am

s ous


al H

ss S


ine Edu










ge olle rs C ono as H

Avi a


First-year and returning students enjoy living in an LLC because they live with students with similar interests and common academic pursuits. It provides them with opportunities to live, learn, and grow together in an environment where faculty and residence hall staff collaborates to create an environment supportive of students’ academic pursuits.

Each Living Learning Community will hold monthly advisory stakeholder meetings made up of faculty, staff, and students living in the community. These stakeholders create future curriculum, market the events of the program, and assess educational outcomes and goals of the program.


Why do students get involved?

LLC Advisory Stakeholder Meetings


Students with common academic interests live together in the same residence hall and develop personal and academic relationships with other students and faculty from a field of study. Students participate in out of classroom enrichment activities that support their academic pursuits. As noted below, some LLCs are connected to specific courses that students take together. Active participation is required to live in an LLC.

National research has shown that students living in CWU’s LLCs: • Engage more in class and have better academic performance • Have a greater sense of collegiality • Are more engaged with their education and personal development • Have increased intercultural experiences • Have greater exposure to positive social environments • Are more connected to the University and resources


Here at Central Washington University being part of a community is about making connections with others who have common interests. Community is about getting involved and contributing to something larger than yourself. Living Learning Communities (LLCs) at Central Washington University bridge students’ academic interests and goals with their residence hall living experience.

Do students receive additional benefits from living in a LLC?


What is a Living Learning Community?

Must live in the LLC/Theme Community in order to participate

Faculty-coordinated events and activities

Must participate in a minimum of one LLC/Theme program per month

Pre-registered course(s) that all students must participate in* Upper-class and first-year living environment in different buildings



✔** ✔

*P  lease note that this will be no more than one to three courses per quarter and will fit General Education requirements unless otherwise noted. ** S  tudents accepted into the Aviation, S.T.E.P. or DHC programs will be advised on course offerings through the appropriate program coordinator. S  tudents who do not enroll in required courses may be moved from the LLC residence halls during fall quarter.


Students in the LLC programs at Central earn a higher cumulative GPA than their peers.

LLC programs maximize co-curricular resources.

2014–2015 LLCs Aviation Students involved with this program must be accepted into the Aviation Program. Students take a series of classes together including University 101. Some examples of programs that students have been involved with have included visiting the Museum of Flight, review study sessions, and community service projects with children at the local airport. Casa Latina Casa Latina is a multicultural LLC open to all students who share an interest in Latina/o heritage and culture. Casa Latina offers a common academic experience through a variety of social and cultural events, mentoring and support programs, and community outreach activities. Education Students anticipating a career in education or in a field of working with children or youth are eligible. Students will be enrolled in University 101, a class which will help students transition into the education program. Education LLC residents participate in teacher-led discussions, teacher education preparation sessions, and volunteer in local schools. Future Business Students - NEW Are you interested in majoring in Business Administration, Accounting or Economics? If so, the Future Business Students LLC is for you! Students are not typically accepted into the College of Business until their junior year, but we don’t want you to wait that long to get to know us. This LLC gives you a unique opportunity to become engaged with excellent professional development activities, interact with Business faculty and participate in wonderful student club activities before you’ve been formally accepted into the College. You’ll learn about the different occupations in Business to help you choose your field of study, get started on career planning, and gain access to a student studynetwork and tutoring to help you perform well in the 8 pre-admission Business courses.

Leadership House Students interested in connecting with university leadership positions and learning about academic opportunities surrounding leadership are encouraged to participate. The Center for Leadership and Community Engagement provides students with opportunities to further their leadership skills and positively impact their campus, local, and global communities. Students involved in this program participate in monthly leadership workshops and have the opportunity to participate in the Emerging Leaders class, leadership retreats, and the Cross-Cultural Leadership program. Participation in the Leadership House can be recorded on a student’s Leadership transcript. Music Students with a declared or anticipated major/minor in music or who have an interest in music enrichment are eligible. Programs in past years have included visiting the Spokane Symphony, attending the musical Rent in Seattle, taking special lessons in Taiko (Japanese drumming), and participating in vocal performances on campus. Science Talent Expansion Program (S.T.E.P.) Students involved with this program must be accepted into the Science Talent Expansion Program (S.T.E.P.). Students participating with S.T.E.P. explore theme-based scientific issues, gain hands-on experience in modern scientific research, and develop a mentoring relationship with CWU science faculty. Students accepted into S.T.E.P. will take a sequence of three general education classes in a small classroom setting. Student programs in this area have included hikes on Mount Rainier, river-rafting trips, visits to the Seattle Zoo, and presentations on Mount St. Helens. Students for the Dream The Students for the Dream Living Learning Community is a diverse and inclusive community based on the core values of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s philosophy of the essential dignity and advancement of all human beings. The Students for the Dream Living Learning Community is open to students from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Students explore their own cultures and identities, deepen their understanding of other cultures, and enhance their crosscultural communication skills and cultural competencies through an organized series of intellectual, cultural and social programs. William O. Douglas Honors College Students admitted into the William O. Douglas Honors College (DHC) are eligible to live in this LLC. Faculty and students collaborate in creating opportunities of broad exposure in the areas of liberal arts and natural and social sciences. Students engage in a number of different activities that enhance their work in the classroom, such as informal discussions with DHC professors and guest lectures, but they also explore extracurricular interests with games and cultural events.


CWU campus housing options include 19 unique residence halls and 12 living learning and theme communities. Theme Communities

Leadership Opportunities

Theme communities are not connected to a specific academic discipline, but allow students the opportunity to live and learn with students who share common interests. As with Living Learning Communities, Theme Communities allow students to build relationships with other students and faculty and staff who share their interests. Theme Communities differ from Living Learning Communities in that the Theme Communities are primarily focused on shared interest rather than a specific area of academic study.

Residence Hall Association (RHA) The Residence Hall Association is a student-elected body that serves as a liaison between students living in residence halls and the university administration. This student organization is an on-campus advocacy group that supports resident issues and concerns, promotes positive change, and offers a variety of educational, community service, and social activities. It serves as the umbrella organization for the Residence Hall Leadership Council (RHLC). Elections for RHA positions occur in spring quarter.

International House International House (I-House) is designed for students interested in becoming more involved with world issues and participating in activities surrounding our global society. There are many opportunities for students to interact with others from around the world. Students involved in this program will have the opportunity to learn more about studying abroad and different cultural perspectives, and will gain cross-cultural living experience. Outdoor Adventure and Environmental Sustainability This program offers residents the opportunity to be involved in outdoor recreation and sustainability activities while connecting with other students who share their interests. The purpose of the program is to engage students in outdoor activities while developing a greater understanding of the importance of sustainable activities in the environment. In partnership with Outdoor Pursuits and Rentals, students will explore the areas many outdoor recreational opportunities, lead adventures, and create sustainable living practices.


Residence Hall Leadership Council (RHLC) The Residence Hall Leadership Council (RHLC) is a studentelected organization that serves as the elected leadership of a specific residence hall. The RHLC also serves as a liaison between students living in each residence hall and RHA. Officers represent resident issues and concerns at RHA meetings. RHLC coordinates hall activities and participates in RHA campus-wide sponsored events. All residents are members of RHA and are encouraged to get involved in RHLC or RHA. Elections for RHLC positions occur at the beginning of fall quarter.

Live-in Dining Opportunity CWU requires all first-year students to live on campus; this enables them to establish a solid foundation in becoming a successful student. When you are required to live on campus, you are also required to have a meal plan. Your meal plan account, which is embedded in your CWU Connection Card, provides the greatest flexibility in spending money on campus. All CWU Connection Card accounts offer discounts combined with the plan you select. You don’t have to worry about carrying cash, writing checks, or having exact change; you simply swipe your card and the transaction is complete.

Barto Hall


Sin in gle-r a S oo uit m e So p an hom d A or bo e ve Su bst an ce Fre Co e e Ra d by nd om Ro om Co ed by Flo Ge or nd Liv ering inc lus ive Bik eS tor ag Mi e cro Re wa frig ve / e LLC rator Co or T mm he un me ity ✔

Beck 132 ✔ ✔

Davies 77 ✔

Hitchcock 133 ✔ ✔


Quigley 137 ✔ ✔

Sparks 132 ✔ ✔

North 52 ✔

Su ite s


Do ub les

Sin gle s

Ca pa city

Residence Hall Choices

Alford-Montgomery 177 ✔ ✔

Kennedy 35 ✔ ✔

Kamola 212 ✔ ✔ ✔

Stephens-Whitney 170

Moore 88 ✔ ✔

Wilson 52 ✔

Sue Lombard


Wendell Hill Hall


All residence halls have coin-operated laundry facilities. For information about accessible housing facilities, please call University Housing at 509-963-1831 or toll free at 888-CWU-HOME (298-4663). Subject to change.


First-year Residence Halls Barto Hall

Central Campus

Barto Hall opened fall quarter 2012. This four-story, state-ofthe-art, and energy efficient building is designed to house 365 first-year students. Some of the green features include energy efficient heating/cooling and lighting system, the use of alternative energy using solar energy to heat water, efficient air filters, and water use reduction.

The Bassetti complex (Beck, Davies, Hitchcock, Meisner, Quigley, and Sparks) is conveniently located in the central area of campus. Nearby are lighted outdoor handball and half-court basketball courts, a sand volleyball court, and large lawns for football or relaxing in the sun.

• Convenient location • Wireless internet in rooms and lounges • Coed by random rooms • Shared rooms only • ADA accessible • Connection Card access to hall • Connection Card option in using laundry facilities • Large lounges for social gatherings • Multi-purposes rooms • Substance free • Douglas Honors LLC

The residence halls provide the following amenities and accommodations:

Bassetti Complex • Approximately 130-person capacity (except Davies) in a coed living environment • Substance free • Wireless internet • Programs to assist first-year students with transition to college • Common-use areas include a kitchenette and lounge with TV • Limited number of single rooms (except Davies) • Coed by floor assignments are available on first floor • Coed by random room on 2nd and 3rd floors • Typical room: approximately 150 square feet and has shared living/study/sleeping room; furnished with beds, desks, chairs, closets, and microfridge

Beck, Davies, Hitchcock, and Quigley Beck Hall • Outdoor Adventure and Environmental Sustainability Theme Community Davies Hall • Single rooms for first-year students

Meisner • Two ADA-accessible rooms share a bathroom • Limited accessibility to students with mobility impairments • Multipurpose room • Casa Latina LLC (Living Learning Community) • Students for the Dream LLC

Sparks • One room with limited accessibility to students with mobility impairment


More than 250 programs annually offered in the residence halls.

CWU residence halls are described as small communities with an average occupancy of 131 residents.

North Campus

South Campus

Alford-Montgomery, Carmody-Munro, Kennedy, and Green Hall, are located on the north end of the campus within the closest walking distance of the athletic facilities. Residence hall staff provides programs to assist first-year students with their transition to college. North Village Café, a remodeled dining hall, is conveniently located in Green Hall. Carmody-Munro and Green will be used only if space is needed. These four halls provide the following amenities:


• Substance free • Wireless internet • Typical double-room size in Al-Monty and Carmody is approximately 150 square feet; combined living/ study/sleeping room; furnished with beds (with built-in drawers), desks, chairs, closets, and microfridge • Typical double-room size in Kennedy and Green: approximately 200 square feet with combined living/ study/sleeping room; furnished with beds (with built-in drawers,) desks, chairs, closets, and microfridge

Kamola Hall, a renovated residence hall, is a Living Learning Community (LLC) for students seeking academic focus and enrichment beyond the classroom. Students are required to have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or participate in an LLC. • Coed hall throughout • Education LLC • S.T.E.P. LLC • Leadership LLC • Connection Card access to hall • Connection Card option in using laundry facilities • Typical double room: carpeted with combined living/study/ sleeping room with desks, chairs, closets, and microfridge, (loft and captain’s beds)

Alford-Montgomery (Al-Monty) • Large common room for social gatherings • Patio area for barbecues and outdoor lounging • Music LLC • Coed hall by floor

Kennedy • International House Theme Community • Liberty Meal Plan available • Coed hall by random room • One ADA-accessible room • Limited accessibility to students with mobility impairments to common-use areas


Sophomore and Above Residence Halls The following residence halls are designed to meet the needs of returning and transfer students. Twoand three-person suites are popular for our upperclass students. Kamola, Sue Lombard, and Wendell Hill Hall have some first-year students.


Kamola Hall, a renovated residence hall, is a Living Learning Community for students seeking academic focus and enrichment beyond the classroom. Students are required to have a 3.0 GPA or participate in a Living Learning Community.

Moore Hall is centrally located on campus and within five minutes walking distance to many academic buildings. It offers three-person, suite-style, gender-inclusive living accommodations. Gender-inclusive living means that anyone can choose to live in a room or suite with anyone else, despite gender. This living environment can also accommodate students who desire to live with friends and family. Gender-inclusive living additionally serves as an ideal housing option for gender-variant students by upholding a community that is supportive of the diversity of gender identity and expression.

• Connection Card access and Connection Card option in using laundry facilities • Coed hall throughout • Education LLC • Leadership LLC • S.T.E.P. LLC • A typical double room: carpeted with combined living/ study/sleeping room furnished with desk, chair, closet, and mircrofridge

• Residents are sophomores, juniors, and seniors • Gender-inclusive living • Students living in Moore Hall will be required to sign an additional statement of understanding regarding genderinclusive living • Typical suite: approximately 550 square feet; three bedrooms; common use area; restroom with shower; vanity with sink; furnished with beds, desks, chairs, and closets


North and Wilson North and Wilson are centrally located residence halls with 50 large single rooms, a large lounge, recreation room, and television room in each hall. • Coed by random room • Two ADA-accessible rooms with private bath • Typical single room: approximately 120 square feet; carpeted; combined living/study/sleeping room; furnished with beds (with built-in drawers), desks, chairs, and closets


Stephens-Whitney Stephens-Whitney provides three-person suites with outside entrances for each suite and is located in the center of the campus. Each suite has a large living room with a picture window, two bedrooms, and a private bath. • Residents are sophomores, juniors, and seniors • Coed by random room • Large activity room • Typical suite: approximately 360 square feet; living room; two bedrooms; private bathroom; furnished with beds, desks, chairs, coffee table, loveseat, upholstered chairs, closets, and dressers

Sue Lombard Sue Lombard is a renovated residence hall on University Way, next to Kamola Hall. This residence hall offers suitestyle accommodations with private baths and 102 beds. Sue Lombard is the home to Living Learning Communities. • Coed by random room • Future Business Students LLC (includes first-year students) • Education LLC • S.T.E.P. LLC • Connection Card access and Connection Card option in using laundry facilities • Single and double rooms share a bath in suites • A typical double room: carpeted with combined living/ study/sleeping room; furnished with desk, chair, closet, and microfridge

Wendell Hill Hall Wendell Hill Hall, located on the corner of Dean Nicholson Boulevard and Alder Street, opened in 2010. The four-story residence hall has two-person rooms and four-person suites reserved for students in all class standings, but will have upper-class priority. • Convenient location • Wireless internet • Coed by random room • Three different suite/room floor plans • ADA accessible • Connection Card access to hall • Connection Card option in using laundry facilities • Large lounges for social gatherings • Multi-purpose/academic space • A typical suite: carpeted with common use space, private bathroom, furniture provided • Aviation LLC • Music LLC (upper class)


University Apartments Brooklane Village apartments are located approximately 15 walking minutes from the campus core. The courtyard arrangement provides a small community atmosphere that is appreciated by the residents. Apartments are available in duplex units or two-story units, and some apartments have access for mobility-impaired students. Wilson Creek, separated from the complex by a fence, skirts the edge of Brooklane Village. Many students with families and children choose to live in Brooklane Village. A multipurpose building provides the residents with centrally located, coin-operated laundry facilities. Outdoor play area for children, a community center, and basketball courts are also provided. A large garden area is available where tenants may plant and care for individual vegetable gardens. Apartments are unfurnished (range and refrigerator provided). Internet service and utilities, except telephone service, are provided by the university. Limited off-street parking is provided.

26’ 4”



10’ 10”

Anderson apartments are located in the center of the active recreational and social hub of the campus. These furnished apartments have two bedrooms and are designed to accommodate up to three persons. Two mobility-impaired accessible apartments also are available. The university provides Internet service, utilities, and telephone service (tenant must provide telephone instrument).

9’ 4”

Residents of Anderson have developed a sense of community, featuring apartment living in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere.

6’ 10”


12’ 8”

7’ 8”


5’ 2”

3’ 10”


7’ 10”

Apartments are not intended for first-year students (including first-year Running Start students) unless they are over 20 years of age, married, or have a dependent child.

12’ 8”




Approximate sizes: One bedroom: 520 square feet, Two bedrooms: 630 square feet, Three bedrooms: 740 square feet


Our well-trained, supportive, and understanding apartment staff members are part of the team working to create a comfortable living and learning environment. Many professional and paraprofessional staff members combine efforts to meet this commitment. In Brooklane Village, the apartment complex coordinator is a full-time, master’s level professional specializing in student development. Additionally, apartment complexes are staffed with apartment managers. Managers are paraprofessional, fulltime student staff. All staff undergo training prior to fall quarter and have additional training throughout the year. Apartment staff members share your concerns for safety, well-being, and building upkeep. Apartment managers are responsible for upholding the guidelines and policies outlined in the lease and apartment guide.

Brooklane Village


University-owned apartments provide residents with a personal and academically enriching environment. Married, family, and qualifying upper-level single students are eligible to reside in these units. There are 430 apartments in four different complexes: Anderson, Brooklane Village, Student Village, and Wahle. For more information about university apartments, contact University Housing and New Student Programs at 509-963-1831 or visit our website at

Students living on campus typically have a higher GPA than students living off campus. Student Village


Student Village apartments, located at the north side of CWU’s campus, offer true apartment living in a relaxed community atmosphere. This apartment complex has proven to be a popular place for students to live on campus. It offers easy access to Nicholson Pavilion, the tennis courts, and soccer, football, and baseball fields. The views of the Stuart Mountain Range, the Kittitas Valley, and the campus are spectacular.

Wahle Apartments offers two bedroom apartments for upper class students. These duplex style accommodations are located on the north end of campus, convenient to the Psychology Building, Peterson Hall, and the Aquatics Facility. As furnished apartments, internet service and all utilities are provided by the university, including telephone service (tenant must provide telephone instrument). Parking for two vehicles is available at each apartment.

The studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments are carpeted and partially furnished. Internet service and all utilities are provided by the university, including telephone service (tenant must provide telephone instrument). Four parking lots also are available for use by tenants.

• Approximate size: 630 square feet LIVING ROOM



Approximate sizes: Studio: 375 square feet, One bedroom: 450 square feet, Two bedrooms: 525 square feet, Three bedrooms: 710 square feet






13’ 8”

9’ 8”

9’ 8” 3’ 5’

10’ 2”

6’ 10”

6’ 10” REF


7’ 7”



Registration and Campus Visits Registration for Winter and Spring Quarters Orientation and class registration for all new CWU Ellensburg campus students (both first year and transfer students) is scheduled in December for winter quarter and March for spring quarter. Specific information will be sent to you approximately one month prior to registration.

Registration for University Center Students If you are a University Center student, you must attend a scheduled orientation and registration at the center. After you are accepted to the center of your choice, you will receive registration information.

Class Schedules CWU fall, winter, and spring class schedules will be available approximately two months before the beginning of each quarter. The schedule of classes is online and can be viewed within the Academic Tools pagelet on MyCWU portal. Please note that some navigation has recently changed. The term codes for the 2014–2015 academic year are: 1149 - Fall; 1151 - Winter; 1153 - Spring; 1156 - Summer.


Catalogs The University Catalog describes all CWU academic programs and courses. It also presents degree requirements and university policies. You may access the CWU electronic catalog by going to

Campus Visits The Central Visitation Program offers various opportunities for students to explore campus life at CWU. Central Sampler Program is an overnight stay and CAT Tracks is a one-day, comprehensive visit to campus highlighting a specific department at CWU. These visits are scheduled quarterly and may include: tours of campus and residence halls, appointments with faculty and administrators, and presentations from Admissions, University Housing, Dining Services, and Financial Aid staff. Daily tours of campus are offered weekdays at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., and Saturdays at 11 a.m. by appointment. For more information about dates, times, other visitation events, or to schedule a visit please visit: or call 509-963-1262. Scan the QR code to schedule a campus visit.

Tuition and Fees

62.5 percent of students remain on campus three or more weekends a month.

Tuition and Room and Board Rates

Payment by Students Receiving Financial Aid

CWU offers three regular academic quarters (fall, winter, and spring) and a summer session. The 2013–2014 estimated tuition and fees is $2,649 per academic quarter for Washington State residents and $6,489 for non-residents. Current residence hall housing rates range from $9,660 (most common rate for a shared room and full-meal plan) to $13,055 per academic year. Current student apartment and family housing rates range from $557 to $978 per month. The 2014–2015 room and board rates are expected to increase slightly. It is anticipated that the new rates will be made available in early spring and posted online at

All types of financial aid and university-administered scholarships are disbursed quarterly, at the end of the formal add/drop day, and will be applied to charges allowed by federal regulations which include tuition, mandatory fees, course fees, and contracted housing expenses. Other charges such as bookstore, child care, parking, etc., will also be paid if the student has signed the Payment Authorization form. Students are responsible for paying, by the due date, any account charges not covered by currently available financial aid. A refund for any financial aid exceeding your account charges can be directly deposited in any checking or savings account in the U.S. or a check will be available in the Cashiers Office after the aid has been disbursed.

Paying Tuition and Room and Board Fees Tuition and related fees are due five working days after classes begin. Your account balance is available on Safari and at Student Financial Services in Barge Hall, Room 104. Residence hall housing fees are due by the fifth day of class each quarter. A rate and payment schedule will be sent with your room assignment. When paying housing fees, please remember to include your student identification number and reference “housing payment” on your tuition and room and board payments for the Ellensburg campus to: Cashiers Office Central Washington University 400 East University Way Ellensburg, WA 98926-7490

University Center Tuition and Fees University Center tuition and fees can be paid at the appropriate center. For additional information, go to

Meeting Residency Requirements If you have been classified as a non-resident and have questions regarding residency requirements, please visit the following website:

For more information, see Section 20 of the Room and Board Contract, Terms and Conditions (page 24).


Dining Services Dining Locations CWU Dining Services provides a wide variety of high quality dining options throughout the campus. The Student Union and Recreation Center (SURC) is home to an “all-you-caneat” buffet, the Central Marketplace food court where you can choose from unique venues, espresso stands, and a convenience store. In North campus you will find an ala carte café, another convenience store, and an espresso stand. South campus is home to Wellington’s, a full service sit-down restaurant and our newest espresso stand. Holmes Dining Room, located on the southwest corner of the SURC, offers a daily vegetarian selection, ethnic entrees, classic comfort casseroles, rotisserie carved meats, sandwiches, salads, soups, desserts, and beverages. “There’s no place like Holmes” for an all-you-can-eat buffet. Central Market Place, also located in the SURC, has a food court atmosphere and features services throughout the day, beginning with breakfast and ending with a late-night snack. The a la carte service includes Taglianno’s Pizza and Pasta, Totally Tossed Salads, Pan Asian, Lions Rock Broiler, El Gato Loco, and Wrap and Roll Deli. Vegetarian and gluten free options are available. Cat Trax East, at the east end of the SURC, is convenient for those using the Recreation Center and living in residence halls. The espresso kiosk features Freshens Smoothies and snacks. Freshly prepared pastries are also available. Cat Trax West, at the west entrance of the SURC, serves traditional espresso drinks. It is conveniently located within the Cats “C” Store. Fresh pastries and fresh fruit are also available. Cat’s C-Store, at the west entrance of the SURC, is a great place to pick up a cold beverage to go or a light snack to eat on the way to class. The C-Store is also a convenient place to shop for last minute items such as laundry soap, toiletries, and frozen dinners. North Village Café and Store (NVC), in Green Hall, serves Central’s north end campus community. The a la carte café features made-to-order pizza, salads, deli, espresso, smoothies, and offerings from one of the best short order grills in Ellensburg. The cozy dugout dining room provides ample seating and free cyber connections. Coach’s Coffee House is located in Building B in Wendell Hill Hall. This location provides espresso drinks and light snack items to grab n’ go on your way to the lower campus. It serves traditional espresso drinks and freshly made pastries daily, as well as pre-made salads and sandwiches.

Wellington’s is located in Tunstall Dining Hall. Relax and enjoy a casual served lunch in an elegant restaurant setting. Menu features include organic and locally produced items, as well as other fresh and delicious selections. It is open Monday through Thursday for lunch during the school year. A great place to come eat, study, and chat. Backstage Coffee House, located in the Tower Theatre, on the second floor of McConnell. It offers fresh baked pastries, fresh fruit, and some Grab & Go items.

Nutritious Foundations Dining Services offers nutritious menus, based on the USDA guidelines, to support a healthy lifestyle. We encourage you to adopt a diet rich in balance, variety, and moderation by exploring the entire variety offered at all CWU dining locations. Our nutritionist is available to aid students in developing positive eating habits. A nutrition information station located in Holmes Dining Room features web menus with nutritional links to all menus in Holmes Dining Room, Central Market Place, and North Village Café.

Residence Hall Meal Plans Dining Services has the following five declining-balance meal plans. Plan Plan Plan Plan Plan

1 — Athletic (XL) 2 — Large 3 — Medium 4 — Small 5 — Liberty Plan (for Kennedy residents only)

Your payment on a meal plan goes toward two things: daily meals and Dining Services’ operational costs. Once you’ve paid for a plan, 65 percent of that payment goes toward operational costs, which include student and staff salaries, utilities, supplies, repairs, debt service, and capital expenses. The remaining 35 percent goes on your Connection Card each quarter for food purchases. Students do not pay Washington State’s 8 percent sales tax at the register. The Liberty Plan (Plan 5), has an initial minimum amount of $275. This plan is available only for Kennedy Hall residents, does not pre-pay into the 65 percent overhead, and therefore, Liberty Plan holders pay regular retail prices at all dining locations and convenience stores, minus the 8 percent Washington State sales tax. Students can add to it as often as they need in $20 increments.


Dining Debit Options for University Apartments and Off-campus Residents Special Events Special events are a great way to have fun and break the day-to-day routine. Dining Services schedules special events throughout the year to bring students fun, cultural, cuisine experiences. Past events have included “Taste of New Orleans,” “Cinco de Mayo,” “Holiday Dinner,” “Student Appreciation BarBQ,” and the traditional Northwest seafood extravaganza, “Crab Feed.”

Dining Services Staff Our entire team of experienced managers (some of whom are CWU graduates) and our trained culinary staff take pride in preparing and offering a wide variety of meals to our campus customers. Dining Services strives to provide a dining program that offers a wide variety of different products while emphasizing sound nutritional choices for everyday living. We take pride in procuring quality products to translate into menu concepts that people are looking for during their busy days on campus. Menu and nutritional information is available at our nutrition information station and online through the Dining Services website.

Employment Opportunities Dining Services is the largest employer on campus, with an average of 325 student employees. We invite you to join our service-and-production team, where you will meet new friends and earn money from a part-time position with us. Dining makes every attempt to try and schedule work time around class schedules.

You can enjoy the convenience and flexibility of dining on campus and benefit from fast, nutritious meals, snacks, espresso, and other goodies by choosing one of the following declining-balance accounts that best suits your busy lifestyle.

Freedom Basic Option

The Freedom Basic Option provides freedom from cooking, grocery shopping, and cleaning up. It’s a meal option available to all students, faculty, and staff connected to CWU, except for those living in the residence halls. For an initial deposit of $50, you may establish an account and add to it as often as you need in $20 increments. This option is accepted at all dining locations, espresso bars, and convenience stores. Option holders receive a 5 percent discount and pay no sales tax on meals and prepared food item purchases and food items assessed the state’s 8 percent sales tax in the convenience stores. You can easily add to the Freedom Basic Option at the Cashiers Office in Barge Hall, the Connection Card office in the SURC, or CSVT located in the Holmes Dining Room. Money carries over from quarter to quarter and year to year as long as you remain connected to CWU.

General Debit Option

The General Debit Option is available to all students, faculty, and staff connected with CWU, including those living in the residence halls. This option allows you to make purchases for food and non-food items at all CWU dining locations, the Wildcat Shop, and the library. A five percent discount on meal and prepared food purchases is available at all campus locations, but is not offered on any purchases at the Wildcat Store or the Library. The 8 percent sales tax is applied to all nonfood purchases. There is no minimum amount of money required to establish an account. To set it up, visit the Connection Card office on the first floor of the SURC. Hours for the Connection Card office, as well as our campus dining locations, can be found at our website

Questions? For more information about dining options, contact Dining Services at 509-963-1591 or link to CWU DINING SERVICES is a proud member of the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) and an active supporter of the academic mission of the university.


New Student Orientation

Phase I

 f New Student o Orientation is

Wildcat Day: Rolling Out the Crimson Carpet, the first component of Central’s four-tiered new student orientation program, is scheduled for Saturday, April 12, 2014. This program is designed to introduce students who are accepted for the fall 2014 quarter and your parents/guests to Central; provide you with information about academic departments and majors; and provide an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about Central. This event regularly attracts more than 2,000 incoming students and guests. Attendance is strongly recommended. More information, including a schedule of events, will be posted early in the new year at Welcome Wildcats!

Phase II

 f New Student o Orientation is

Discover Orientation, a two-day program for parents/ family and students held in July. The program allows you to meet with academic advisors who will help you register for classes, participate in social events with other incoming students, and attend valuable programs that feature campus resources and services. Programs include academic requirements and expectations, housing services, dining services, and financial aid. Information about this program will be mailed to you in March. Parent/family-only sessions are offered to assist with the transition to the university. Faculty and administrators are available throughout the program to assist with parent and student needs. Students with fewer than 45 transferable college credits, and/or who are Running Start students, are required to attend Discover Orientation. Students unable to attend one of the dates in July need to contact us by e-mail at as soon as possible. Class registration will take place after the final July orientation session. Transfer students have an option of a one day orientation session in June or July. This orientation is expected for transfer students to attend. For further questions, call University Housing and New Student Programs at 509-963-2735 or e-mail or check out our website at


Phase III

 f New Student o Orientation is

Phase IV

 f New Student o Orientation is

Wildcat Welcome Weekend (W 3) picks up in the fall where Discover Orientation left off. W 3 is a first-yearfocused program that begins on move-in day. Students will participate in a weekend filled with many fun and informative activities and sessions. Attendance is required to receive credit for University 101.

the First-Six-Weeks Programming. It is intentionally designed to help students adjust during the critical first six weeks of their first year at CWU. Attendance at firstsix-weeks programming is required as part of a student’s University 101 class.

FYE Pillars Academic Success: Developing skills, tools, and habits that will aid in your academic success. University Navigation: Understanding how to navigate university policies, procedures, and resources. Campus Connections: Making connections with faculty, staff, and peers. Responsible Citizenship: Promoting student exploration and learning while preparing students for responsible lives in a diverse, interconnected, and evolving world.

Discover Dates 2014 Registration for Discover Orientation starts March 1, 2014 for July Sessions. Discover Orientation Dates for First-Year and Running Start Students: June 30–July 1, July 7–8, 10–11, 14–15, and 17–18

Campus Support English and Mathematics Eligibility and Placement To be eligible for English 101, an incoming student must have a SAT verbal score of 500 or an ACT English score of 19. Students who do not have the appropriate score on the SAT or ACT can become eligible for English 101 by taking the Compass writing test and earning the appropriate score; or by receiving a passing grade in English 100T. Math 101 (Mathematics in the Modern World) and Math 102 (Mathematical Decision Making) are designed to fulfill general education requirements and should not be taken unless the student’s coursework requires no other mathematics. Math 130 (Finite Mathematics) is a required prerequisite for courses in statistics. Math 164 (Foundations of Arithmetic I) is required for elementary education students. A student must have a SAT math score of 500 or an ACT math score of 19 to be eligible for Math 101, 102, 130, or 164. Students who do not have a qualifying score on the SAT or ACT can become eligible for the above math courses by passing the appropriate Compass test. Some or all of Math 153 (Pre-Calculus I), Math 154 (Pre-Calculus II), and Math 172 (Calculus) are required for majors in programs such as business, computer science, construction management, engineering technology, mathematics, and the sciences. A student must have taken the prerequisite course at the college level or earn an appropriate score on the Math Placement Test (MPT) or the Compass Algebra test to be eligible for Math 153, 154, or 172. Students who do not have the appropriate score on the MPT or the Compass Algebra test can become eligible for Math 153 by receiving a C or better grade in Math 100C. The prerequisite for Math 153 can also be met if a student has taken a year of high school calculus with a B (3.0) or better. As part of first-year orientation, students who are not eligible for English 101 or Math 101, 102, 130, or 164 may be required to take the appropriate Compass placement exam. As part of first-year orientation, students who want to become eligible for Math 153, 154, or 172 and have not taken the MPT or Compass Algebra test will have the opportunity to take the Compass Algebra test. The MPT and Compass Algebra test are also offered at sites throughout the state. If students decide to take one of these tests elsewhere, they must request that an official copy of their score be submitted to the CWU Admissions office. For more information about the MPT, please contact the Mathematics Department at 509-963-2103.

Transfer students who have not completed English 101 or Math 101, 130 or 164, or who want to take Math 153, 154, or 172, will also need to meet the above requirements before being allowed to register for these courses. If you have questions about math and English eligibility and placement, contact the Academic Advising Center at 509-963-3523.

University Police and Parking Services University Police and Parking Services is located in the Public Safety Building in the O-5 parking lot near the corner of 14th Avenue and D Street. One of the responsibilities of the University Police Department is reporting crime statistics in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics. CWU’s annual security and fire safety report is available at It contains information regarding the services we provide, crime prevention programs, policies concerning the reporting of crime, crime statistics for the most recent three-year period, and other information about safety and security that is required by law. A paper copy of the annual security and fire safety report is also available upon written request: CWU Police Department 400 East University Way Ellensburg, WA 98926-7527 Permits are required in most CWU parking lots. Parking lot regulations can be found at CWU Alert! is an emergency notification system that allows the university to notify the campus community of emergency situations by sending notices via cell phone, text, landline telephone, and e-mail. Visit emergency to find out more.




TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RESIDENCE HALL ACCOMMODATIONS • 2014–2015 This contract is contingent upon the applicant’s academic admission to Central Washington University and maintenance of enrolled status with a minimum of seven quarter hours. Hereafter, you, the applicant and future student, will be referred to as the “Student,” and Central Washington University will be referred to as the “University.” The Student’s signature on the Room and Board Contract Form indicates agreement to abide by all the rules and regulations herein. Please consult the following Table of Contents for the section number to reference your particular questions. Subject........................................................................Section # Term of Agreement................................................................... 1 Space Confirmation.................................................................. 2 Loss and Damage..................................................................... 3 Rate Increases........................................................................... 4 University Entry......................................................................... 5 Student Damages..................................................................... 6 Assignment............................................................................... 7 Accommodations During Break Periods................................... 8 Pets........................................................................................... 9 Firearms Policy........................................................................ 10 Live-in Requirement................................................................ 11 Reassignment of Space........................................................... 12 Alterations.............................................................................. 13 Services Provided: Telephone, Cable TV, Maintenance, Custodial...................... 14 Termination of Contract.......................................................... 15 Waiver of Breaches................................................................. 16 Cumulative Remedies............................................................. 17 Expulsion or Salary Deduction................................................. 18 Discrimination......................................................................... 19 Room and Board Fees............................................................. 20 Deferments for Scholarships, Loans and/or Grants................. 21 Consolidation Room Charges................................................. 22 12-Month and Quarterly Contract Rate................................. 23 Changing Rooms.................................................................... 24 Dining Debit Accounts............................................................ 25 Dining Debit Account Changes.............................................. 26 CWU Connection Cards......................................................... 27 Damage or Loss Fines and Cleaning Charges......................... 28 Appeals................................................................................... 29 Partial Invalidity....................................................................... 30

1. Term of Agreement: This agreement is for the entire academic year or that portion remaining at the time of admission. No cancellation may be considered except as noted in Section 15. The Student is entitled to space in residence halls and meal services as provided by the meal plan offered by the University and selected by the Student pending space availability. Meal services will not be furnished to the Student under this contract during the Thanksgiving holiday break (closed after dinner on November 26 through November 29, 2014; open for dinner November 30, 2014.) Meals also will not be provided during academic quarter breaks. Term of this contract shall be from September 19, 2014, through June 13, 2015, with the exceptions of winter and spring quarter breaks: December 13, 2014, through January 3, 2015, and March 21 through March 28, 2015, respectively. The University Housing Office will be closed on Thursday, January 1, 2015.


2. Space Confirmation: Assignment of space by the University constitutes final acceptance of the terms and conditions of the contract. This includes acceptance of the obligation by the Student to abide by and support the rules and regulations as set forth by the University. The University reserves the right to terminate any contract if the Student is in violation of these rules or regulations. Students who have their contract terminated by the University will be subject to the same fees as outlined in Section 15. 3. Loss and Damage: The University accepts no responsibility for loss to the Student due to earthquakes, fire, theft, water damage and similar acts of God, or for loss of monies, valuables and other personal property of the Student due to the Student’s negligence. 4. Rate Increases: The rates for the academic year may be increased by no more than 5 percent for emergency purposes by directive authorized by the University’s Board of Trustees. Rates may change according to approval of the University’s Board of Trustees on an annual basis. 5. University Entry: The University reserves the right to have authorized personnel enter any unit for the purposes of inspection, repairs and/or other official business. 6. Student Damages: Each Student is personally responsible and liable for his or her prorated share of the University’s cost for replacement or repair incurred as a result of any loss or damage to the structure in which they are housed, and all damages to (reasonable wear and tear as determined by the University excepted) or losses of any University property furnished under this contract. Damages in community areas could result in an equal assessment of damage charges to members within that living community or appropriate members as deemed by University Housing. 7. Assignment: The University reserves the right to reassign individuals to different rooms, residence halls or dining halls at any time in the event such reassignment is deemed necessary by the University. This also includes students assigned into temporary assignments. 8. Accommodations During Break Periods: Students must vacate their rooms within 24 hours after termination of student status or their last final examination of the quarter. Penalties will be charged to the Students if they reside in University facilities between quarters or beyond the limits of their contract without prior consent of the University. Exceptions to remain in a Student’s assigned space require prior approval from University Housing. Living on campus in an assigned space or in conference facilities during break periods is not included in the Contract. For fees and availability, contact University Housing. 9. Pets: The Student is not permitted to have cats, dogs, or any other animals in the residence halls except for aquarium-bound fish in tanks no larger than 25 gallons. Violation of this policy will result in fees and/or disciplinary action. 10. Firearms Policy (WAC 106-124-700): No person shall have in his possession any gun, pistol, firearm, explosive, dangerous chemical, or other dangerous weapon or instrument (including paint guns) on University-owned or leased property. Violators of this law shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary or legal action including possible termination of the violator’s housing contract or lease. 11. Live-In Requirement: All single freshmen students under 20 years of age who are not living with their parents or certain relatives must live in the residence halls as required by WAC 106-156-010 and WAC 106-156-011. Running Start students, regardless of class standing, also must live on campus for one academic year.

12. Reassignment of Space: The premises are to be used solely for residential purposes of those assigned by the University. The Student may not assign or sublet the whole or any part of the premises or contract, and may not allow anyone to reside within the building more than three days and two nights in a given week. 13. Alterations: The Student must secure the written permission of the University before altering any portion of the room or University-owned equipment or furnishings. Furniture or appliances may not be moved from one room to another or removed from the assigned unit without written permission from University Housing. 14. Services Provided: The University shall furnish heat, electricity, Internet, and local telephone service (Student to provide telephone instrument) to the space to which the Student is assigned, plus water and sewer services to the bathroom areas. The University will provide basic TV/FM cable service, including one designated premium channel. The Student must provide cable connection from the wall to the TV/FM receiver unit. The University shall have the right to temporarily interrupt such utilities or services where necessary because of accident, emergency, repairs, alterations, or improvements which, in the judgment of the University, are deemed necessary or desirable. No reduction or waiver of rent or other compensation may be claimed by the Student, nor shall this contract or any of the obligations of the Student be affected or reduced by such interruption. 15. Termination of Contract: A) By the University for Default or Breach: The University may give the Student 10 days notice (Twenty-four or 48 hour notice of eviction if the student has been found in violation of the student judicial code or housing policies.) of intention to terminate this contract and may thereafter terminate the contract in the event of any of the following circumstances: 1) The Student is in default in payment of the contract for more than 10 days; 2) The Student breaches, violates, fails to perform or is in default of the performance of any of the terms and conditions or covenants of this contract. In the event this contract is terminated in accordance with the provisions of this section, the Student shall be required to surrender the assigned room and its fixtures to the University under the same terms, conditions, and covenants as would apply under this contract if the surrender were to take place at the completion of the contract. In the event that this contract is terminated for default or breach by the Student, the University may re-let the assigned room and fixtures or any part thereof in the name of the University on such terms and conditions as the University may determine. Loss of student status, including graduation, falls under this category and will result in contract cancellation. No termination of this contract in accordance with the provisions of this section shall relieve the Student of his/her liabilities and obligations under this contract. All such liabilities and obligations shall survive any such termination. The provisions of this section relating to the rights of the University upon default or breach by the Student shall survive the termination or expiration of this contract.

All Students requiring processing for termination for breach of contract or any part thereof are assessed an additional $50 fee to cover the processing costs.

B) By the Student: The contract may be cancelled with liquidated damages consisting of $200 (administration fee which equals the $200 deposit), $300 per term or any part thereof for housing, and $300 for dining per term remaining on the residence hall contract. Of the remaining balance on your residential meal plan, the current quarter dining dollars will be credited to your student account based on actual usage. The rollover dining dollars from previous quarter(s) will be moved to a meal plan designated for closed academic

residence hall meals. The unused portion of this plan will revert to Dining Services at the end of the academic year. The rates set each year represent a commitment among the residents to support the total residential community with their payments and participation in the programming designed to enrich their college experience and increase their opportunity for academic and out-of-class learning success. EACH STUDENT IS EXPECTED TO FULFILL HIS/HER CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS FOR THE FULL TERM OF THE CONTRACT OR PAY LIQUIDATED DAMAGES AS NOTED.

Written petitions to cancel contracts are available at University Housing and must be submitted to University Housing at least one week in advance of planned cancellation date.

C) Students Transferring from Residence Halls to on-campus apartments are required to sign an apartment contract. The term of the original residence hall contract remains in effect. Also, students are required to maintain a mandated debit account as stated in Section 25. D) By the Student Prior to Taking Occupancy: Fees for contract cancellation Notice of Termination for Fall Quarter Prior to June 1 $50 cancellation fee June 1 to July 31 $100 cancellation fee After July 31 $200 cancellation fee Notice of Termination for Winter Quarter Prior to October 1 $50 cancellation fee October 1 to November 30 $100 cancellation fee After November 30 $200 cancellation fee Notice of Termination for Spring Quarter Prior to January 1 $50 cancellation fee January 1 to February 28 $100 cancellation fee After February 28 $200 cancellation fee E) By the Student Who Withdraws from the University: If the Student withdraws from the University, the offices of Academic Services, University Housing, and Financial Aid (if applicable) must be notified. University Housing will request a copy of the withdrawal slip. Withdrawal from the University causes student termination of a contract. After taking occupancy when the student terminates the contract, the student owes the prorated room and board fees to the date of the checkout, but not less than the $200 administrative fee. Within the last 15 days of the quarter, students must pay the full quarter contract amount. 16. Waiver of Breaches: Failure of the University to exercise any right or remedy available to the University as a result of the Student’s breach of any of the terms, covenants, or conditions of this contract shall not be deemed to be a waiver by the University of any such rights or remedies. No terms or conditions of this contract required to be performed by the Student and no breach thereof shall be waived, altered, or modified except by an express written permission of the University. The receipt of payment by the University, with the knowledge of the breach of any terms, covenants, or conditions of this contract, shall not be deemed a waiver of such breach. 17. Cumulative Remedies: The specified remedies used by the University under the terms of this contract are cumulative and are not intended to be exclusive of any other remedies or means of redress to which the University may be lawfully entitled in case of any breach or threatened breach by the Student of any provision of this contract. 18. Expulsion or Salary Deduction: Failure to satisfy any financial obligations incurred in accordance with the terms and conditions of this contract may (together with all attorney’s fees and other costs and charges necessary for the collection of any amount not paid when due) result in action by the University to withhold admission to or registration with the University, the conferring of degrees and issuance of transcripts or grade reports, pursuant to WAC 106-124-010 and WAC 106-124-011, and in the case


of employees of the University, the deduction of such financial obligation from wages pursuant to the salary deduction policy of the institution. 19. Equal Opportunity: Central Washington University’s policies and practices affirm and actively promote the rights of all individuals to equal opportunity in education and employment. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, disability, or status as a protected veteran is prohibited. The university provides an internal procedure for reporting discrimination and affords protection against retaliation for participating in the complaint process. Central Washington University complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and executive orders including when soliciting bids and in the fulfillment of all contracts with governmental agencies. Persons of disability may request this material in alternative format or make arrangements for reasonable accommodation by calling University Housing at 509-963-1831 or by e-mailing 20. Room and Board Fees: A) Room/board fees are due in full as follows: Fall Winter Spring Due Date: October 1 January 13 April 7 B) Late Fees: A $50 fee is placed on all student accounts that are not paid in full 10 days after the first due date. The second (final) due dates for each quarter are Nov. 1, Feb. 1 and May 1. A $100 late fee is assessed on room and board fees not paid 10 days after second (final) due dates (Nov. 1, Feb. 1 and May 1) for each quarter.

The CWU Board of Trustees approves housing rates spring quarter for the following academic year. The payment schedule detailing housing and dining charges will be sent with the room assignments. Send all payments to: CWU Cashiers Office, 400 East University Way, Ellensburg, WA 98926-7490. On each check or with each payment, indicate the student’s name and student’s identification number.

Failure to bring an account up-to-date within 10 working days after the second late-fee assessment may result in cancellation of meal privileges and eviction. If eviction proceedings are necessary due to non-payment of fees, an eviction administrative fee of $50 will also be assessed. A late charge of 1 percent will be assessed 30 days after due date.

21. Deferments for Scholarships, Loans and/or Grants: When payment of the residence hall room and board charges or fees is to be made from monies the applicant receives from grants, loans or scholarships, such sums are due upon receipt by the Student of such grants, loans and/or scholarships. 22. Consolidation Rooms: When space is available, University Housing may offer the Students an option for reduced occupancy in the room or suite. There is an additional charge for Students who live in rooms which are not occupied to capacity but wish to retain the reduced occupancy to give the remaining resident(s) additional space. The reduced occupancy option may include: super-single rooms, triple occupancy room used as a double or single occupancy room, three-person suite used as a double occupancy suite, and a two- or three-person suite used as a singleoccupancy suite. If a vacancy exists in your room/suite and the consolidation option is offered, you may choose one of the following options: Option 1. Stay in your current room without a roommate and pay the appropriate reduced-occupancy rates. Option 2. Find a person in a similar situation and become roommates upon approval from University Housing and New Student Programs. University Housing can also help you find a roommate. Option 3. If you are unable to find a roommate and you don’t want Option 1, you may request that you maintain the multiple occupancy rate and welcome a new roommate if


the University assigns one. This option needs to be approved by the University; contact University Housing. University Housing reserves the right to consolidate individuals in multiple-occupancy rooms. Options 2 and 3 must be completed by the 15th day of the quarter or within 15 days of your roommate’s departure in order to avoid automatic implementation of Option 1, retroactive to the date your roommate departed or to the beginning of the term—whichever is appropriate. 23. 12-month and Quarterly Contract Rates: 12-month contract rate is the actual cost for normal, applicable summer and academic contract provisions, plus $300 for residence hall occupancy for the time between the end of spring and summer contracts and fall contract initiation. Three hundred dollars is to be paid as part of the summer contract fee. All the terms and conditions specific for summer and academic year occupancy remain in effect. Students interested in quarterly contracts must contact University Housing and New Student Programs. 24. Changing Rooms: Room Transfer Day occurs on the third Thursday of the quarter. There are no room transfers permitted prior to Transfer Day without written approval from University Housing. On Transfer Day, requests for all transfers are made at University Housing on a first-come, first-serve basis. If your request cannot be accommodated, your name will be placed on a waiting list. If you wish to transfer after Transfer Day, obtain a Transfer Request Form and approval from your residence hall coordinator of the current residence hall. After proper signatures are obtained, your request is sent to University Housing. We will try to accommodate your request, however, we can make no guarantee. At your request, you will be placed on a waiting list. Students are required to move within 48 hours from the time of approval. Failure to move will result in charges for both rooms. Students who change rooms without proper authorization from University Housing will be charged a $100 penalty and may be required to move back to original assignment. 25. Meal Plans: All students living in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan. The meal plans are pre-paid dining debit accounts that residents use to purchase their meals, food, and sundry needs at all campus dining locations and convenience stores. The cost of each meal plan includes pre-paid dining debit dollars, which are added to the account at the beginning of each quarter. The four dining debit plans are:

Plan Plan 1 – Athletic (XL) Plan 2 – Large Plan 3 – Medium Plan 4 – Small Plan 5 – Liberty Plan (for Kennedy Hall residents)

For further information regarding the meal plans, please visit our website,

Note: Additions or changes to the meal plans offered after this document has been printed will be sent to each student who has submitted a residence hall contract for the 2014-2015 school year. A meal plan must be purchased every quarter. Money that remains in a student’s pre-paid dining debit account at the end of either fall or winter quarter will be rolled over and added to the meal plan pre-paid dining debit balance selected for the next quarter. At the end of the academic year (spring quarter), money that remains in the account is not refunded and is forfeited. Dining Services is closed on holidays. Exemptions to the meal plan requirement may only be for verifiable medical reasons. Exemption requests and medical verification must be submitted in writing and sent to Center for Disability Services for evaluation. A committee comprised of Center for Disability Services, University Housing, and Dining Services will review all requests. Should an exemption be granted, a dining service cancellation charge of $300 will be assessed.

Students with special dietary needs that may not be met by our dining service operation should NOT enter into this contract without consulting with University Housing and New Student Programs.

Students who transfer from the residence halls to campus apartments must pay a $100 overhead charge. Such transfer students must initiate a start-up dining services debit balance of $100 per quarter (or any part there of) left on their residence hall contract. Students transferring during fall quarter must have an initial balance of $300; those transferring during winter, $200; and those during spring, $100. This mandated balance must be established prior to approval of their apartment contract and is non-refundable. The mandated balance is valid only through the end of spring quarter for the current academic year.

26. Meal Plan Changes: Students are encouraged to review use of the prepaid dining debit account each quarter to ensure they are buying the correct meal plan to meet their dietary needs. Meal plans may be changed either online at or in person at the Connection Card Office located in the Student Union and Recreation Center, Room 131. Telephone requests will not be accepted. Changes may be made during the add/drop period only. 27. CWU Connection Cards: Campus identification cards are issued to all students and must be presented when using your prepaid dining debit account to purchase meals or snacks at any campus dining location. Should a card be lost or stolen, report it immediately to avoid its use by another individual and to arrange for replacement. Lost cards cost $20 to replace except for students in Kamola and Sue Lombard who are charged $35. Unauthorized use of your card by another individual is forbidden and may result in a $100 fine. (Cards cannot be borrowed.)

Damage to furniture $50 per item or costs, whichever is greater Improper checkout $35 Replacement of lost keys: Room $35 Laundry/entrance $35 Mail box $10 Replacement of any broken or bent keys: $10 (Key must be returned to Housing Services) Laundry facility use by non-residents $25 Roofs: Being on roofs of buildings $50 plus cost to repair damages Smoking in rooms or on balconies $50 Windows: Throwing objects from residence hall windows, roof, or balcony $50 removal of window stops $50 Pet in University housing* Fine of up to $500 *If there has been a pet in the room, your contract is subject to termination. (Pets are strictly forbidden in University Housing.) NOTE: “Damages” are solely determined by the University. 29. The following are WAC codes that pertain to making appeals. Appeals should be made to the Senior Director of University Housing and New Student Programs.

WAC 106-124-010 FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS OF STUDENTS: Admission to or registration with the University, conferring of degrees, and issuance of academic transcripts or grade reports may be withheld for failure to meet financial obligations to the University.

WAC 106-124-011 FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS OF STUDENTS / APPEAL PROCEDURE: Every student has the right to appeal an assessment by the University of a fee, fine, charge, debt, or other financial obligation by filing a written petition with the appropriate dean or non-academic area director stating the student’s reasons for challenging the validity of the assessed obligation. The written petition must be filed within 30 days after the notice of assessment was sent to the student. The dean or director, or his designee, shall review the University’s decision to assess the fee, fine, charge, debt, or other financial obligation in light of the student’s petition appealing the assessment and shall render a decision thereon which shall be final.

Appeals: Students may appeal all damage charges and late fees if they do so within 30 working days of the billing for these charges and fees. To appeal, simply state your reason for appeal, in writing, and deliver it to University Housing and New Student Programs, located in Button Hall, or mail it to: CWU University Housing, 400 East University Way, Ellensburg, WA 98926-7513.

Connection cards showing normal wear and tear that no longer work may be replaced at no cost as long as the card is present for exchange. Damage to cards (hole punch, writing, stickers, bending, etc.) is strictly prohibited and the replacement fine will be charged.

28. Damage or Loss Fines and Cleaning Charges: Students must keep their assigned room clean and advise University staff of any necessary repairs. Following is a partial list of items for which the cost to clean, repair damages, and/or replace losses will be charged to the Student’s account ($35 minimum). A listing of possible charges to the student’s account is as follows: Carpet damage Cost to repair Failure to leave room adequately clean $35 or cleaning cost, whichever is greater Failure to clean micro-fridge $35 Damage to building, room, or contents Cost to repair Damage to mail box Cost to repair Damage to walls Cost to repair Damage to exit signs $100 or repair costs, whichever is greater Fire protection equipment: (all violations) Misuse of fire extinguishers $500 Tampering with fire alarm, fire detection, evacuation system, smoke detectors, $500 or repair costs, sprinklers whichever is greater plus Disciplinary Referral and/or prosecution Furniture: Loss of furniture or equipment Current replacement value Moving furniture without authorization $50 per item or costs, whichever is greater

Students may appeal the decisions to the Associate Dean of Student Success or designee if they do so within 10 business days of notification. To appeal, address written objection to: Associate Dean of Student Success or designee, Button Hall, 400 East University Way, Ellensburg WA 98926-7513. 30. Partial Invalidity: Any provision of this contract which shall prove to be invalid, void, or illegal shall in no way affect, impair, or invalidate any other provision hereof and such other provision shall remain in full force and effect. Revised 010/2013




University Housing and New Student Programs, 400 East University Way, Ellensburg, WA 98926-7513 • 888-298-4663 INSTRUCTIONS: Complete, detach, and return this form with a $300 combined deposit ($100 admissions confirmation deposit and $200 housing contract deposit) in the enclosed self-addressed envelope. Contracts canNOT be processed without this form on file and the $200 deposit. GUARANTEED housing for fall quarter is offered to freshmen students who return their room and board contract and $200 deposit before June 1. This contract is contingent upon academic admission to Central Washington University and maintenance of enrolled status with a minimum of seven quarter hours. When signed by the student, this contract becomes a legal and binding contract. Hereafter, you, the applicant and future student, will be referred to as the “student,” and Central Washington University will be referred to as the “university.” Refer to terms and conditions of room and board contract. All residence halls are smoke-free. Assignment of space by the University constitutes final acceptance of the terms and conditions of the contract. Please see section 15 in the Terms and Conditions of the contract for all nonrefundable housing cancellation fees. PLEASE PRINT Name________________________________________________________________________ LAST



CWU Student Identification #______________________________

Sex_____ Age_____ Birth Date__________________ Daytime Telephone # (_______) ________________ E-mail Address_________________________________ MONTH / DAY / YEAR

Permanent Address ___________________________________________________________ Permanent Telephone # (_________) ___________________________ STREET/ROUTE/BOX #

Permanent Address ___________________________________________________________ Cell Telephone # (_________) _________________________________ CITY



In an emergency, notify _______________________________________________________ Relationship ________________________________________________ Address ____________________________________________________________________ Telephone # (_________) ______________________________________ STREET/ROUTE/BOX #

Address ____________________________________________________________________ Cell Telephone # (_________) __________________________________ CITY


Have you ever been convicted of a crime? New student at Central?

o Yes o No

o Yes o No


If yes, please explain. _____________________________________________________________

If no, last quarter in CWU residence halls was: __________________ quarter, 20______.

University class standing at time of application: o First-year o Sophomore o Junior *Regardless of class standing, Running Start students are required to live on campus. I will attend Central beginning: o A. Fall quarter

o B. Winter quarter

o Senior o Graduate

o C. Spring quarter o Yes o No

Do we have your permission to release your e-mail address to your prospective roommate?

DINING SERVICES OPTIONS: If you have dietary needs that may not be met by our dining service operations, do NOT enter into this contract without consulting with University Housing and New Student Programs or CWU Dining Services (509-963-1585). I am requesting the following Dining MEAL PLAN (Check one. First-year students must choose plan 1, 2, 3, or 4) o Plan 1 - Athletic (XL) o Plan 2 - Large o Plan 3 - Medium o Plan 4 - Small Kennedy Hall - Choose one of the meal plans above OR

o Plan 5 - Liberty Plan — Dedicated Dining Dollars (Start each quarter with a $275 deposit.) term of contract: For specific dates, please refer to section 1 of the Terms and Conditions of the Contract.

o Academic-year contract LIVING AND LEARNING COMMUNITIES/THEME HOUSE (LLC/TH): TO APPLY to reside in a Living and Learning Community/Theme House indicate the LLC/TH for which you are applying. (*Must be accepted in the academic program.)

o Music (Al-Monty, Wendall Hill Hall) o Students for the Dream (Meisner) o Aviation* (Wendall Hill Hall) o Education (Kamola, Sue Lombard) o Science Talent Expansion Program (STEP)* (Kamola, Sue Lombard) o International Theme House: All students (Kennedy)

o Douglas Honors College* (Barto) o Leadership House (Kamola) o Outdoor Adventure and Environmental Sustainability Theme House (Beck) o Future Business Students (Sue Lombard) o Casa Latina ((Meisner)

The signature below acknowledges that the applicant for a Living Learning Community/Theme House agrees to be an active member of the community by participating in one to two out-of-classroom enrichment activities per month. Signature ________________________________________________________________ Dated this _________ day of ______________________, 20_______

AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS: Students with disabilities who require housing/dining accommodations or exceptions to housing/dining policy must make their needs known to University Housing in a timely manner and must register with CWU’s Center for Disability Services (CDS). Do you have a disability that: o affects your mobility o affects your hearing o affects your vision o requires the use of a wheelchair/scooter o requires dietary restrictions o other:___________________________________________________________ Please explain how you are affected:__________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ In addition to diagnosed disabilities, please list any medical conditions to be considered when making assignments (i.e., heart conditions, diabetes, severe allergies, asthma, etc.)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Type of room requested: The room type will be a primary determining factor in the assignment process. If suites and single rooms are unavailable, you will be assigned into a standard shared room with a roommate. o Room with a roommate o Room with a roommate in a new/renovated hall o Single room without a roommate. If single rooms are unavailable, you will be assigned a roommate and placed on a waiting list for this option. o Single gender floor. Please see residence hall information on pages 12-15 for residence halls with single-gender floors. o Two-person suites for upperclass o Suites for first-year (Barto) o Gender Inclusive Living (Limited availability in Moore Hall. Upper-class students only.) ROOMMATE preference: Roommates must request one another, list CWU student identification numbers, and send applications together by June 1.

o Roommate preference (name) ___________________________________________ Roommate’s student ID number ___________________________________ o Roommate preference (name) ___________________________________________ Roommate’s student ID number ___________________________________ o I do not have a roommate preference. o I am especially interested in having an international roommate. If yes, are you interested in the International House? o Yes o No RESIDENCE HALL OPTIONS: Please number in order of area preference. Sophomore and above students may choose from all areas. For residence hall information, please read pages 10-14. For residence hall locations, refer to map on page 15. Rates vary based on type of room. _____ North Campus—First-year Al-Monty (Substance free) Kennedy (Substance free) _____ CENTRAL AND SOUTH CAMPUS—First-year Beck (Substance free) Davies (Substance free, large single rooms) Hitchcock (Substance free) Meisner (Substance free) Quigley (Substance free) Sparks (Substance free)

_____ Renovated and New facilities for First-year students Barto Hall* (Substance free, two-person rooms and suites) Kamola* Sue Lombard* (Two-person suites, large singles) _____ SOPHOMORE AND ABOVE RESIDENCE HALLS Kamola* Sue Lombard* (Two-person suites, large singles) Wendell Hill Hall* (Two- and four-person suites) Moore (Three-person suites; Gender Inclusive Living) North (Large single rooms) Stephens/Whitney (Three-person suites) Wilson (Large single rooms) *Renovated and new facilities are at a premium rate.

signature of agreement: The signature below acknowledges that the applicant has read, understands, and accepts all the terms and conditions of the Housing and Dining Services Room and Board Contract. This also acknowledges that the applicant has read, understands, and agrees to abide by all substance-free regulations as stated in the housing policies. Violation of these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including eviction from the residence halls. This agreement is for the entire academic year or that portion remaining at time of admission. When accepted for admission by the University, the Student agrees to abide by the University rules and regulations and by the terms and conditions of the Room and Board Contract. Signature ___________________________________________________________________ Dated this _________ day of ________________________, 20_______ If you are under the age of 18 at the time of signature, you must have a parent/guardian signature. Parent/Guardian Signature ______________________________________________________ Dated this _________ day of ________________________, 20______

FOR OFFICE USE: RA1 _______________________________ RA2 ________________________________ RA3_________________________________ Received by ________________________ Entered by __________________________ Assigned by__________________________ Date_______________________________ Date________________________________ Date ________________________________

Revised 09/2013

Required Immunizations MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella): Only for students born after 12/31/56. Recommended two doses of combined MMR vaccine.

Tdap/Td: Primary series in childhood, booster at age 11–12 years, then every 10 years. CDC now recommends one booster of the Tdap after the primary series. Last

You have a right to refuse the required immunizations based on religious, personal, or medical reasons. If you are claiming an exemption to the required immunizations, please check the appropriate box below. In the event of a suspected case of mumps, measles, rubella, diphtheria, or pertussis on campus, those students who have exempted and have not received these immunizations may be prevented from access to classes, residence halls, labs, and other CWU facilities. CWU will not provide refunds for tuition and room for the period of exclusion. If you choose to obtain the required immunization at that time, you may be excluded for 21 days to verify that you were not exposed to the disease prior to obtaining the immunization. Recommended Immunizations Hepatitis B: Recommend series of three doses of vaccine given over six months.

meningococcal vaccine (MCV4): All teenagers 11–18 years need two doses of MCV4. If you received a dose when you were age 11–15 and are now 16–18 or about to enter college, you need a booster dose. If you are younger than age 22 and about to enter college and have never received the meningococcal vaccine or received it more than 5 years ago you need a dose of the MCV4 vaccine. Check with your Health Provider.


 Varicella (chickenpox): Primary series of two doses given in childhood, or to college students without history of the disease or without age appropriate immunization.

 HPV (Gardasil): Vaccine is recommended for boys and girls, and men and women ages 11 to 26 years of age. Series of three vaccine doses given over a six-month period.

Hepatitis A: Primary series of two doses given over a six-month period.

Polio: Primary series in childhood; a booster is only if needed for travel after the age of 18 years.


 Pneumococcal (Pneumonia): You have a chronic health problem? Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you should receive a pneumococcal vaccine. Seasonal Flu Vaccine: Recommend yearly.

Tuberculosis has been of increasing concern in the United States. We recommend that you see your health care provider for symptoms of persistent cough or fever prior to coming to CWU or to see the Student Medical Clinic if you have these symptoms while at CWU. You may need a skin test and/or a chest x-ray. Students may contact their personal health care provider or make an appointment at the CWU Student Medical Clinic (509-963-1881) for more information about the various vaccines. The Student Medical Clinic offers serveral of the vaccines at reduced costs for students. Month

CWU IMMUNIZATION FORM Please complete and return the following form with your Room and Board Contract to CWU, using the attached envelope.


(Please print)





Name ________________________________________________________________ Student identification # __________________________________









Td/Tdap _____________________

Date of birth ___________________________________

Most Recent Booster Dose

#1 _________________________

#2 __________________________

Varicella #1 ___________________

Hepatitis B #1 _________________________

#2 __________________________

#3 __________________________

Hepatitis A #1 _________________________

#2 __________________________

Meningococcal Vaccine __________________________







I wish to be exempted from immunizations for the following reason:

#2 __________________



o Religious basis o Personal/philosophical basis o Medical basis

I hereby acknowledge that the above is complete and accurate and that Central Washington University maintains the right to require documentation of these immunizations if requested. I also understand that the CWU Student Medical Clinic may have access to this information within the Student Medical Clinic’s policies of confidentiality. ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________ Signature of Student (Parent/Guardian if Minor)


Revised 10/2011

Name _________________________________________________________________________________ Birth Date __________________________

Central Washington University requires certain immunizations prior to enrollment to help protect your health and the health of all our students. Please read and complete the following information.

(Please print clearly)

STUDENT IMMUNIZATION AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FORM CWU Student Medical and Counseling Clinic • 400 East University Way • Ellensburg WA 98926-7585 • 509-963-1881


o o



University Housing and New Student Programs

INSTRUCTIONS: To qualify for University-owned apartments, a completed application with a $100 application deposit (applied to the deposit upon assignment) must be returned to: Cashiers Office, Central Washington University, 400 East University Way, Ellensburg WA 98926-7490. If pertinent sections are incomplete, the application will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant. An additional $100 is due at the time of placement in campus housing for a total of $200 deposit per contract holder. The $200 deposit must be paid at least 24 hours prior to signing the contract. Campus housing is limited and if an apartment is not available for a requested date, the completed application will automatically be placed on an established wait list according to the date the deposit is received. Applicants must update their application every six months by mail or e-mail; failure to do so will automatically cancel an application and the deposit will be refunded to the student’s account. Central Washington University is an AA/EEO/Title IX Institution. Central Washington University’s policies and practices affirm and actively promote the rights of all individuals to equal opportunity in education and employment. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, disability, or status as a protected veteran is prohibited. The university provides an internal procedure for reporting discrimination and affords protection against retaliation for participating in the complaint process. Central Washington University complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and executive orders including when soliciting bids and in the fulfillment of all contracts with governmental agencies. Persons of disability may request this material in alternative format or make arrangements for reasonable accommodation by calling University Housing at 509-963-1831 or by e-mailing GENERAL INFORMATION Name ________________________________________________________________________ LAST



CWU Student Identification # _______________________________

Permanent Address ___________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________ STREET/ROUTE/BOX #_ CITY STATE ZIP CODE Current Address ______________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________ STREET/ROUTE/BOX #_ CITY STATE ZIP CODE Birth Date ___________________ MONTH / DAY / YEAR





Telephone # (_______) __________________ E-mail Address __________________________________

In an emergency, notify _______________________________________________________ Telephone # (_________) _______________________________________ Requesting apartment accommodations beginning (month/day/year) __________________ _____ Number of Occupants




Large Studio


One Bedroom



Two Bedroom

Three Bedroom

It is the applicant’s responsibility to make known any needs that pertain to accessibility. Special ADA accommodations are required o Ground-floor Apartment Only


Indicate status at time of application: o Currently enrolled at CWU o Not enrolled at CWU o First-year o Sophomore o Junior o Senior o ESL/AUAP o Current full-time CWU Faculty/Staff Have you ever been convicted of a crime?





Graduate Student

No If yes, explain: _______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ PLEASE INDICATE YOUR PREFERENCE (Number your first, second, and third choice.) _____ Anderson Apartments (Two bedroom) _____ Brooklane Village Apartments (One, two, and three bedroom) _____ Wahle Apartments (Two bedroom) _____ Student Village Apartments (Studio, one, two, and three bedroom)


STUDENT ON-CAMPUS APARTMENTS — Students are eligible if they have completed one academic year of college or are 20 years of age and enrolled as a CWU student with seven (7) or more credit hours. The standard occupancy in an apartment is: Studio–1 person; one bedroom–1 person or; two bedrooms– 2 persons; and three bedrooms–3 persons. One person may be added to each type of apartment listed above for an additional $100 per month for utility consumption and normal wear and tear. We also welcome students with families and new full-time faculty/staff from outside the immediate Ellensburg area. The maximum available apartment is a three-bedroom unit which accommodates up to six residents, depending upon the age and sex of the children. Each leaseholder must be a CWU student or staff member and is required to complete a check-in/check-out form. The leaseholder is responsible and liable for the cost of replacement or repair incurred as a result of any loss or damage to the furnishings or structure leased from Central Washington University. Placement of applicants into apartments is based on the application date, move-in date, and the apartment size requested. If an apartment is not available, and you are eligible and wish to reside in a residence hall, please submit the required residence hall Room and Board Contract with a $200 deposit. Name of Spouse ___________________________________________________________________ Date of Birth ______________ Student ID# _______________________ Last First (If applicable, a copy of your marriage certificate is required.)

Middle Initial

Name, age and relationship of children, other dependents, or roommates who will be living with you. If none, so indicate: Name__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Last


Middle Initial


Date of Birth

Student ID#


Name__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Last


Middle Initial


Date of Birth

Student ID#


Name__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Last


Middle Initial


Date of Birth

Student ID#


Name__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Last


Middle Initial


Date of Birth

Student ID#


Please complete the pertinent information on the vehicles you will be bringing to Central Washington University. All vehicles are required to be registered and have a free parking permit displayed in the car window for the apartment complex in which you reside. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Make



License Number

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Make



License Number

I am now enrolled in or will be enrolled in a minimum of seven (7) credit hours (five (5) for Graduate Student), at CWU or am or will be a permanent full-time employee of CWU. By my signature, I affirm that all statements made by me in this application are true and correct to the best of my knowledge. My signature further acknowledges that I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of CWU. I understand that no pets are allowed in university-owned housing and all units are non-smoking.

I understand that assignment to an apartment is subject to availability and my eligibility. Submitting this application does not guarantee assignment to a University-owned apartment unit. I understand that if I cancel an apartment assignment after accepting it, there is a $100 cancellation fee. I understand and agree to pay rent beginning the date the contract is signed.

Signature of applicant ____________________________________________________________ Dated this _______ day of _____________________, 20______.


Revised 09/2013


Travel Times Seattle: 2 hours Spokane: 3 hours Portland: 4 hours



Blaine Bellingham


Marblemount Omak 5

Port angeles



coulee dam


Central Washington University is an AA/EEO/Title IX Institution. Central Washington University’s policies and practices affirm and actively promote the rights of all individuals to equal opportunity in education and employment. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, disability, or status as a protected veteran is prohibited. The university provides an internal procedure for reporting discrimination and affords protection against retaliation for participating in the complaint process. Central Washington University complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and executive orders including when soliciting bids and in the fulfillment of all contracts with governmental agencies. Persons of disability may request this material in alternative format or make arrangements for reasonable accommodation by calling University Housing at 509-963-1831 or by e-mailing

Queets Quinault

Pacific Ocean

cwU-des MOines 90






centRaL wasHinGtOn UniveRsity


cwU-MOses LaKe idaho

Ritzville colfax















Pasco Longview





walla walla

*ellensburg to seattle = 110 miles (177 km)


Directions to Central Washington University FROM SEATTLE: Take I-90 east to Ellensburg Exit #106. Follow arterial, which becomes University Way, to CWU.

FROM SPOKANE: Take I-90 west to Ellensburg Exit #109. Make a right off of the exit ramp and follow Canyon Road/Main Street to University Way. Turn right on University Way and proceed about five blocks to CWU. FROM YAKIMA, TRI-CITIES: Take I-82 north to I-90 west and take Ellensburg Exit #109. Make a right off of the exit ramp and follow Canyon Road/Main Street to University Way. Turn right on University Way and proceed about five blocks to CWU.

FROM WENATCHEE: Take US97 south over Blewett Pass into Ellensburg. Follow arterial, which becomes University Way, to CWU.

FROM PORTLAND: Take I-5 north to I-90 east and take Ellensburg Exit #106. Follow arterial, which becomes University Way, to CWU.

Once you visit Central and experience our campus, you’ll know you’ve found the right university for you.

Office of Admissions 400 East University Way, Ellensburg, WA 98926-7463 Located in Mitchell Hall, first floor 509-963-1211 • /admissions • En Español: /sp CWU-Des Moines 206-439-3800 CWU-Lynnwood 425-640-1574 CWU-Moses Lake 509-793-2384 CWU-Pierce 253-964-6636 CWU-Wenatchee 509-665-2600 or 800-540-6537 CWU-Yakima 509-574-6894

CWU Accept Book 2014  

Acceptance information for first-year and transfer students at Central Washington University.

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you