TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASING TICKETS AND OTHER PRODUCTS THROUGH THE SU WEBSITE - LAST UPDATED APRIL 2016
1. Buying Online When making a purchase from or via Teesside University Students’ Union for any product, including joining clubs and societies (membership fees), payments will be processed through Sage Pay, a division of Sage (UK) Ltd, and Worldpay merchant services. All payments are made to Teesside University Students' Union and will appear on your bill as "TUSU Online Payment". Teesside University SU does not store credit card details and uses industry standard SSL encryption to ensure the safety of your data. All payments are made in a live environment - upon clicking 'Pay Now', your credit or debit card will be billed with the agreed amount and your order will be immediately processed. Once your order has been completed, you should receive a confirmation email from email@example.com to the default email address associated with your account. This can additionally be viewed at a later date by viewing the Purchase History section of the website. To edit this address, click on the Edit Your Contact Details link on your profile page when logged into the site. These terms shall be governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Nothing in these terms shall exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
2. Event Tickets Teesside University SU Operates an Electronic Ticketing System for selected events. All tickets purchased online or at SU Welcome are assigned to your personal account and then accessed on the door by swiping your University card. You can check your purchase history at any time by logging into the SU website and clicking on the relevant section of the 'Your Profile & Account' link at the top of the screen. All sales are final, and refunds are not available on tickets once they have been purchased (including duplicates or purchases made in error, tickets bought for the wrong event or non-attendance due to personal choice, illness or injury). Please note that this is standard practice at every entertainments venue in the UK and complies with the law on distance selling – ticket sales are exempt from cancellation. However, there are certain instances in which a refund may be given: • The entire event has been cancelled by the SU or affiliated promoter. In this instance, refunds are available to everyone who has purchased a ticket in advance, at face value. Any booking fees or associated extras should be sought from the point of purchase. Please note that relocation of the event to a different venue will not qualify unless the capacity of the new venue is less than the number of ticket holders. • The event has been stopped whilst in progress due to circumstances beyond our control which may be deemed as too unsafe to continue. In this instance, a decision will be made by management as to whether refunds will be offered to those with tickets. However, refunds will only be given in special circumstances and as approved by management. • For single-headliner gigs, full refunds will be offered when the headline artist has pulled out and this has meant that the event has no longer taken place.
• For events with multiple headline artists, Teesside University SU management reserves the right to change the billing as a result of external circumstances. Where the event has taken place, refunds will not be offered, but all efforts will be made to source an equivalent replacement headliner. • The event has sold out, and there are people waiting for extra tickets. In this instance refunds may be given, and the tickets then resold to people on the waiting list, once the re-sale cash has been received in full. •
In all instances management’s decision is final based on the individual circumstances.
THERE ARE NO OTHER INSTANCES IN WHICH A REFUND MAY BE OFFERED. If you have a question or query, then please ask to speak to the Facilities and Events Manager. If you are unsatisfied with the outcome, you can raise your complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Members Of The General Public Please note that we do not issue physical tickets for events at the SU. Your tickets are assigned to your personal account and then accessed at the door by quoting either your name or reference number (as noted on the confirmation email you should receive after completing your purchase). If you are able to bring a print-out of this email, it will speed the process along on the door. You can check your purchase history at any time by logging into the SU website and clicking on the relevant section of the 'Your Profile & Account' link at the top of the screen. Tickets Bought Via External Outlets If you are attending an event at the SU and have purchased tickets from an external outlet, they will advise you as to whether or not they will be sending out physical tickets prior to the event. If this is not the case, your details will be referred to us and we will cross your name off a purchasers' list at the door. Bringing Guests To The SU NUS cardholders are able to bring a maximum of 1 guest to any event. The easiest way for students to do this is to purchase their guests' tickets on their SU account - your guest will then just need to arrive with you to the event and bring their own photo ID as proof of age. Identification Students must bring their Teesside University Student Card to every event they wish to attend for identification purposes. For members of the public, photo ID will be required (e.g. passport, driving licence, proof of age card). Age Restriction All regular nightclub events are restricted to AGE 18+ unless specifically noted on the event page. All attendees and guests are required to provide proof of age if asked by the door staff, and you can be refused entry if you are unable to do this. Please note that any Teesside University student who forgets their University card will not be able to enter by quoting their student number unless they can also produce proof of age. Entry Restrictions All regular nightclub events are open to NUS + Guests only, unless specifically noted on the event page. Concert Admissions All concerts and gigs which are open to the general public are AGE 14+ unless specifically noted on the event page. Please note that proof-of-age photo ID must be presented on the door in this instance, otherwise alcohol purchase will be prohibited. Admission Admission to all events is guaranteed before 12am (subject to advance registration where applicable).
Re-Admission Re-admission is not allowed once you have attended an event, unless specifically approved by the manager on duty. Right Of Admission Right of admission is reserved by the venue management. Please note that you are still subject to Teesside University SU’s event admission procedures, and can be refused entry if you breach these. Transfers Your student card and tickets are not transferrable – i.e. you cannot lend it to anyone else to get into the venue. Queueing Every effort will be made to allow priority queuing at all events – however, please note that this cannot be guaranteed. For busy or sold out events, it is recommended that you turn up as early as possible to avoid having to queue any longer than is necessary. All tickets sold for SU events, either online or at SU Welcome, are subject to the terms and conditions set out on the SU website and to the venue regulations. A breach of any of these conditions may render your ticket invalid. Transfer Policy / Resale Policy for Sold-Out Events To provide clear proof of card-ownership, purchase and identity, tickets are assigned exclusively to the purchaser's account. We appreciate, however, that sometimes you may not be able to make it to an event and do not want your ticket to go to waste. Tickets for SU-run events can be transferred from one card to another at SU Welcome during standard opening hours. The event does not have to be sold out, and both card-holders also do not need to be present at Reception for the exchange to take place - we just need the other person's University number. Please note, that all refund or transfer requests for events run by societies need to be approved directly by the society running that event. Physical Ticket Replacements For events with physical tickets such as the Freshers, Grad Ball, Awards Dinners, or Final Fling, it is the responsibility of the individual purchaser to keep their ticket safe once it has been collected from SU Welcome. Please note that replacement tickets will not be issued in the event of their loss or damage, and will need to be repurchased in this instance. It is advised that you write your name and University number on the back of your ticket so that it can be returned if handed in!
3. Online Purchase of Merchandise Merchandise includes Clothing and other items. Please note the terms and conditions set down by our external partner/ provider teesside.universityhoodies.org/page/terms-conditions which are applicable until our agreement with them ends. If you are unsatisfied with the service you receive you may raise the issue with TUSU via email@example.com
4. Membership Refunds Membership of sports clubs and societies begin on the day of purchase and that membership is valid for the academic year. Membership fees are payable in full up front. If you wish to cancel your membership then please send notification, with reasons in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please discuss with your sports club or society committee before emailing. We aim to refund you as soon as possible however please bear with us whilst we may need to liaise with others such as Teesside University Sport and Wellbeing or individual sports clubs and societies. Teesside University Students’ Union clubs and societies are only available to current or former Teesside University students.
The terms and conditions under which purchases can be made via tees-su.org.uk as of April 2016.
Published on Apr 4, 2016
The terms and conditions under which purchases can be made via tees-su.org.uk as of April 2016.