Report 24th April 2012
Today at Social Development Center in New Askar – We hosted a group of 30 Germans while they were visiting the West Bank. They visited the camp and participated in the handicraft exhibition, organized on their behalf.
– A French volunteer from Project Hope, Sebastian, entertained a group of 15 children from the camp, playing a Palestinian version of Bocce Bowl.
– An English girl came to visit the Center and we made the tour of the camp, showing and explaining to her the story of the camp. We will work together in the future, she will be a volunteer for few days here and we hope to create a project together. – Our English volunteer, Chris, meets three times every week for one hour of Kung Fu training with 10 boys from the camp.
– In the Askar Sport School, the children received a new bag with personalized football uniforms. 15 players received them today, while the rest of the boys will have them in the next few days.
– At 4 o'clock, our French volunteer, Louise, started a new training for animation with children and exchange of games from Palestine and France: the youth of the camp will learn how to work with children and discover new possible games. – From 4 o'clock, the children of the center had some free time to play, they spent their time playing football and tennis in the garden and outside of the Center.
– As everyday at 6 o'clock in the Center there is one hour of driving lesson open for everybody who need to take the drive license.
– Our French volunteer, Louise, gave French lessons for a group of 9 young people from the camp.