Prestige Charters Estate Agents
within this edition...
Mary Berry Timeless classics
Ferrari 488 Pista A significant step forward
Property Matters A selection of fine homes across Hampshire and Surrey
FOLLOWING OUR LEADS We are delighted to present the first Prestige magazine in 2018. It’s been a busy year so far with all our offices hitting the ground running, despite some inclement weather in the earlier months! Snow and icy conditions have beset the UK this winter, but the UK housing market has once again proved its resilience. Home-hunter visits to Rightmove hit over 141 million in January, making it the busiest ever month for the property portal, while UK mortgage approvals rose sharply. As spring bulbs flowered, the announcement that inflation fell to 2.7% in February and news that interest rates will be kept on hold are both positive news for borrowers. A shortage of stock and higher demand in many areas continues to underpin prices. The housing market continues to attract political attention across the country. The Prime Minister is set to reform the planning process in a bid to speed up new developments and create homes in places of need at a price that is affordable. The NHBC (National House Building Council) reported that new home registrations
were at their highest level in a decade in 2017 and across our region interest in the new homes market is strong. This issue of Prestige not only focuses on our latest Hampshire and Surrey luxury properties, but is also a guide for anyone thinking about buying, selling, renting or letting locally. We have six offices each with exceptionally experienced staff and we tailor our services to suit you. With an expanding network, our Head Office in Chandler’s Ford is now home to our Land and New Homes, Lettings Property Management and Commercial teams. As part of the Charters evolution, we recently returned to Zoopla and Prime Location online property portals and continue to have a strong presence on Rightmove and On The Market. We will also shortly be unveiling our new and innovative website, which will make your visit more enjoyable, easier to use and more informative. We are looking forward to the rest of 2018!
Rob Mott Managing Director
Front cover: Betty cocktail armchair in Sunshine and Betty cocktail armchair in Deep Turquoise Velvet. Available at www.sofa.com Published by TBC Publishing Limited, Telephone: 01763 810042. ©TBC Publishing 2018. All rights reserved. Reproduction is forbidden except by express permission of the Publishers. The content of this magazine is believed to be correct but its accuracy is not guaranteed and it does not form part of any offer or contract. TBC Publishing Limited cannot accept responsibility for any omissions or errors. chartersestateagents.co.uk | 3
Contents 08 Romsey Rapid A warm welcome to our next office, opening June 2018.
10 Properties A selection of properties across Hampshire and Surrey via our offices in Chandlers Ford, Winchester, Alresford, Alton and Farnham.
22 Heavenâ€™s Kitchen The hub of the home, where culinary masterpieces are created in cool comfort.
23 Classic Mary Berry Britainâ€™s most trusted cook, Mary Berry, has been showing the nation how to make delicious, foolproof food for decades.
38 New Homes A selection of newly built homes across Hampshire and Surrey.
48 Perfect Pista The Ferrari 488 Pista marks a significant step forward from the previous special series.
58 Properties To Make You Beam Examples of exposed beams and supports in traditional and modern surroundings. 4 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
About us With our unstinting energy, relentless enthusiasm and wealth of experience, we excel at what we do, always delivering an exceptional service. We are proud of our Hampshire roots and we will soon be launching our sixth office in the Market Town of Romsey. Leaders in our field and with an exemplary understanding of property and location, we have secured our position as the benchmark. Our watch words are insight and innovation. With strategy, planning and investment comes achievement. Your expectation is our standard. Each and every day of the week, our team is your team. We know it makes a difference to
have nice people on your side, we are passionate about what we do and it shows! Our charter for performance is simple – to be the best. For us, it is important to succeed, to constantly strive for impeccable results. It is what our reputation is built on. What does this mean for you? Communication and honesty, understanding and synergy – always sheer hard work. We are accomplished and always accountable. Our commitment to people and passion for property ensure we stand out.
“Our mission is to provide an unparalleled level of outstanding customer service. Our aspirations must be consistent with our promise to always deliver a service and result, above and beyond the expectations of our client, achieving the result through our proven systems and winning culture.”
Chandlers Ford Office
13 Oakmount Road, Chandlers Ford SO53 2LG T: 023 8235 8888 E: email@example.com
2 Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8RZ T: 01962 830880 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
37 The Hundred, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 8GE T: 01794 511107 E: email@example.com
6 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
40 St Jamesâ€™s Place, London SW1A 1NS T: 020 7839 0888
13 Oakmount Road, Chandlers Ford SO53 2LG T: 023 8235 8580
The Old Post Office, 17 West Street, Alresford, Hampshire SO24 9AB T: 01962 734633 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julius Caesar House, 66 High Street, Alton, Hampshire GU34 1ET T: 01420 87666 E: email@example.com
40 Downing Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7PH T: 01252 891886 E: firstname.lastname@example.org chartersestateagents.co.uk | 7
Romsey - bringing the market to town
In the last issue of Prestige, we proudly announced the opening of the fifth Charters office in Chandler’s Ford. As this issue accelerates towards the summer, we are excited that June sees the opening of our next new branch in the beautiful Market Town of Romsey. In the interim, our flagship office in Chandler’s Ford which is home to our Head Office, Land and New Homes, Lettings Property Management and Commercial teams, has been dealing with a healthy level of Romsey enquiries.
8 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
Lured by the quality of life, community vibe, excellent transport links and local schools, many of those who live in Romsey and the surrounding areas move here as first-time buyers and choose to stay, upscaling or downsizing to reflect their needs. There is a diverse mix of age ranges as this town really does appeal to all generations; household types are spread across three main categories - singles, couples and families with dependent children. All our office locations are carefully planned and considered and our handpicked teams
are extremely knowledgeable about the location and the surrounding areas. So please do contact us if you’re looking to sell or let your property. Similar to Romsey, the continued strategic expansion plan will see our seventh office open in time for the next Prestige issue in November! Watch this space! Romsey – Call 01794 511107 for your free valuation and for more information.
Romsey in numbers
chartersestateagents.co.uk | 9
CHANDLERS FORD 023 8235 8888
Ampfield, Romsey Hampshire A truly spectacular six bedroom country house, comprising 4,313 sq ft, which has been extended and improved by the current owners and is set on a glorious plot. Its position within the grounds ensures total privacy on the renowned and sought after ‘Straight Mile’.
GUIDE PRICE £1,850,000 10 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
chartersestateagents.co.uk | 11
Winchester Hampshire An elegant, period town house with impressive and versatile accommodation over approx. 1,900 sq ft, walking distance of the city centre and railway station. Perfectly positioned, this substantial and imposing property with accommodation over three floors has been beautifully designed and is an exquisite family home.
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ1,195,000
12 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
14 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
Swanmore Hampshire A characterful, cottage style home with a separate annexe sitting in extensive grounds and benefitting from an indoor swimming pool. The property boasts comfy corners and traditional features throughout; from oak effect flooring to a wood burning stove. With a separate annexe, garages, stables and a sweeping driveway; this is a truly wonderful home.
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ1,125,000 16 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
chartersestateagents.co.uk | 17
Ropley Hampshire A beautifully unique, detached, architect-designed contemporary four bedroom home, sitting in a picturesque setting with breathtaking views across open countryside. Offered with the potential of no forward chain, the Hartfield is situated on a quiet lane in an attractive and well-connected village. 4
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ995,000
18 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
Axford, Basingstoke Hampshire An attractive family home surrounded by open countryside, located in the heart of the Candover Valley and offered with no forward chain. This home has been beautifully and elegantly modernised within updating the home without losing the feel of a country cottage. The property sits within spacious surroundings and offers unspoilt views.
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ995,000
20 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
Heaven’s Kitchen The hub of the home, where culinary masterpieces are created in cool comfort.
1. WONSTON | £1,750,000 An enchanting five bedroom Grade II Listed detached family home with a spectacular extension which houses the kitchen/dining/family room. This incredibly spacious room is wonderfully light from the vaulted ceilings and bi- fold doors. Winchester Office 01962 830880
2. DIPPENHALL | £1,595,000 A unique detached family home set in a semi-rural position, close to Farnham. This stunning kitchen/dining/living room means spending time in this light and well thought out space will not be a chore. Farnham Office 01252 891886
3. ST. CROSS | £1,195,000 An elegant, period town house with impressive and versatile accommodation, including this fabulous kitchen/dining room that forms part of an extension with an impressive range of units, stone worktops, bi-folding doors out to the garden and sky lights. Winchester Office 01962 830880
4. ROPLEY | £995,000 A beautiful, architect-designed contemporary home with a sleek modern kitchen, Silestone quartz work surfaces and large sliding double glazed doors opening to the rear patio and garden with uninterrupted views. Alresford Office 01962 734633
4 22 | chartersestateagents.co.uk 22 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
Classic Mary Berry
“These are my wonderful brand-new recipes - timeless classics, simple British dishes and delicious, modern favourites to tempt family and friends. With my trusted tips and techniques for quick, easy and fool proof cooking, in Classic I’ll show you how to make the very best food in my own special, no-fuss way.” Mary Berry Britain’s most trusted cook, Mary Berry, has been showing the nation how to make delicious, foolproof food for decades. This brand-new collection from her landmark new BBC One series brings together everything we love about Mary – wonderfully simple but utterly dependable recipes that are essential for every home. These are recipes everyone can enjoy cooking and eating, no matter their time, budget or confidence. Featuring all the recipes from Mary’s new television series, each accompanied by Mary’s no-nonsense tips and techniques, this stunning step-by-step cookbook ensures perfect results every time. From ever-popular classics like Rack of Lamb with Orange and Thyme Sauce or Lemon Meringue Pie, to a perfect loin of pork with apple sauce, all these recipes have been honed and refined by Mary until just right.
chartersestateagents.co.uk | 23
The King of the Sea, Dover sole is such a treat, expensive but
well worth it for its delicate taste. Do not try and cook too many at
Dover Sole with Lemon Butter once or they will overcook. A lovely fish with a classic treatment.
Serves 2 Cook time 6-8 minutes
2 Dover soles, heads on or off and both sides skinned (see tip)
20–25g (¾–1oz) butter, softened
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the lemon butter: 50g (2oz) butter, softened
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Juice of 1 lemon, plus extra to serve
The lemon butter can be mixed up to a week ahead and kept in the fridge.
1. Lay the fish on a board. Trim the fins using a sharp pair of scissors (see tip), then season well with salt and pepper and spread one side with half the softened butter. 2. To make the lemon butter, add the butter, parsley and lemon juice to a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and mix together until combined.
3. Heat a large griddle or frying pan until hot. Fry one of the fish on the buttered side over a medium-high heat for about 1–2 minutes until sealed and lightly golden. Spread the remaining butter on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then carefully flip over using a fish slice. Fry for a further 2 minutes and transfer to a serving dish or baking tray and keep warm. Repeat for the second Dover sole. With a very large frying pan you will be able to cook both side by side. 4. Heat the lemon butter in the hot pan until just melted and then pour over both fish. Squeeze over more lemon to serve.
5. Either present the fish as they are or carefully cut the top two fillets from the bone and gently remove to serve.
Mary’s Classic Tips
Ask your fishmonger to skin the soles for you. To do it yourself, lay the fish with the brown skin on top. Make a sharp incision across the skin just above the tail and start to ease the skin off with a knife. Once it is loose enough to hold, pull the skin off in one piece, using a tea towel to help you grip. Flip the fish over and remove the underbelly skin in the same way.
Make sure you trim the fins for a more professional finish, otherwise they stick to the pan and become mixed in the lemon butter.
chartersestateagents.co.uk | 25
Often made with full double cream, I prefer to add some single cream to make it slightly less heavy. The custard should be
Crème Brûlée smooth with not a bubble in sight.
Serves 6 Cook time: 25–30 minutes Chilling time: A minimum of 4 hours Butter, for greasing
4 large egg yolks
50g (2oz) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300ml (10fl oz) single cream
300ml (10fl oz) double cream
50g (2oz) demerara sugar
Can be made up to 4 hours ahead (kept at room temperature). The custard base can be made up to a day ahead.
1. You will need six 125ml (4fl oz) ramekins. Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/Gas 3 and grease the ramekins with a little butter. 2. Place the egg yolks in a large bowl, add the caster sugar and vanilla extract and whisk together by hand.
3. Heat the single and double cream together in a saucepan until hand hot, then gradually pour into the bowl with the egg yolk mixture, whisking until combined. Pour the mixture through a sieve into a large jug, to strain out any lumps, then carefully pour into the ramekins, dividing the mixture evenly among them (see tip). 4. Put the ramekins into a small roasting tin lined with kitchen paper or a folded cloth (to prevent the dishes from moving around in the tray), then pour enough boiling water into the tin to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. 5. Carefully slide the tin into the oven and bake for about 25–30 minutes or until nearly set but with a slight wobble in the middle. Leave to cool in the tin, then transfer to the fridge to chill until set for 4 hours or overnight.
6. When ready to serve, sprinkle the demerara sugar on top of the custard in an even layer. Using a blowtorch, heat the tops until caramelised and golden brown, or caramelise the tops under a hot grill (see tip). 7. Serve as soon as the caramel has cooled and become brittle.
Mary’s Classic Tips
All recipes extracted from Classic by Mary Berry (BBC Books, £26.00) Photography by Georgia Glynn Smith
Try to pour the custard mix into the ramekins without splashing, otherwise the splashes will burn on the sides of the ramekins during cooking, when you’re aiming for a beautiful clean finish.
If grilling the tops of the brûlées, stand all the dishes on a very flat, sturdy baking sheet – one that will not buckle under the heat of the grill. This will make it easy to slide them in and out of the hot grill in one go, and the sugar will melt evenly.
chartersestateagents.co.uk | 27
Stoke Charity, Winchester Hampshire Originally an old dairy house, this home was bought by the current owner nine years ago, and extensively redesigned and developed with the help of a renowned local architect, using mainly local tradesmen and materials. A wonderful and versatile property. 01962 830880
PRICE ON APPLICATION
28 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
chartersestateagents.co.uk | 29
Beech, Alton Hampshire An impressive family home, comprising nearly 3,000 sq ft, with a separate annexe situated on a beautifully landscaped one acre plot. Built by the current owners thirty five years ago and situated on arguably the most highly desirable road in Beech. This impressive family home sits on the edge of this picturesque village. 4
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ1,300,000
30 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
Sherfield on Loddon Hampshire Summerfield is a sensational Edwardian residence with detached double garage and annexe/office accommodation, set on an idyllic plot with stunning rural views and in a highly desirable location. Originally dating back to early 1900â€™s it has been sympathetically extended to create a spacious and practical family home.
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ1,750,000
32 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
Kempshott Park, Dummer Hampshire A substantial family home located towards the end of a private road which is shared with three other properties. The house is located on the fringe of the sought after village of Dummer with its traditional village pub, church, golf course, period charm and significant history. This is a great opportunity to purchase a home with excellent access to the commuter network, multiple local schools and facilities, easy access to walks and cycling in the countryside also providing a versatile annex, outbuildings, stable and paddock therefore perfect for all members of the family. 5
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ1,395,000 34 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
chartersestateagents.co.uk | 35
City Centre, Winchester Hampshire One of this historic City's finest looking Regency buildings, comprising 2,400 sq ft, forming part of these short row of substantial terraced townhouses, and set on one of Winchester’s most iconic roads within a short walk to the City centre and mainline railway station. The commanding views across the City and St Catherine’s Hill in the distance are breathtaking.
GUIDE PRICE £1,295,000 36 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
New Homes 1. KINGS BARTON BY CALA HOMES, WINCHESTER, PRICES FROM £295,000 A unique development of two bedroom apartments and three, four and five bedroom family homes, boasting superb transport links and schooling nearby. Winchester Office 01962 830880
2. WATERCRESS MEWS BY DARCLIFFE HOMES, FOUR MARKS PRICES FROM £250,000 A contemporary and stylish development comprising four three bedroom houses, four two bedroom apartments and a two bedroom penthouse. Alresford Office 01962 734633
3. OLD STATION PARK BY METIS HOMES, SUTTON SCOTNEY, PRICES FROM £425,000
Three, four and five bedroom houses in an attractive village setting within easy reach of Winchester, Basingstoke and Andover. Occupying what was once the yard of Sutton Scotney station, originally part of the Great Western Railway network. Winchester Office 01962 830880
4. RAILWAY PLACE BY BOURNE HOMES, WHITCHURCH, PRICES FROM £385,000 An exclusive development of five, three and four bedroom houses with a showhome now available in Whitchurch, Hampshire’s smallest village. Winchester Office 01962 830880
5. 63 ANDOVER ROAD BY HAZELEY DEVELOPMENTS, PRICES FROM £375,000 This scheme has two pairs of spacious semi-detached houses at the rear and six smart apartments at the front, set back from the road behind landscaping. Winchester Office 01962 830880
6. TOVEY PLACE, KINGS WORTHY, PRICES FROM £625,000 Tovey Place offers three contemporary new homes situated in the sought-after village of Kings Worthy two miles from the Cathedral City of Winchester. This exclusive development comprises a pair of semi-detached three bedroom houses and one four bedroom detached house. Winchester Office 01962 830880
7. LONG ASH, OWSLEBURY, £1,650,000 Set in the delightful village of Owslebury, is this newly constructed five bedroom family home offering a wealth of accommodation arranged over three floors, comprising nearly 4,000 sq ft. The property enjoys an approximate three acre plot, which includes gardens, paddocks and a quadruple garage. Winchester Office 01962 830880
LAND & NEW HOMES
40 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
6 chartersestateagents.co.uk | 41
Lasham, Alton Hampshire An immaculately presented four bedroom family home, set in the sought after village of Lasham with beautiful uninterrupted country views. The generous versatile accommodation leads from a galleried reception hallway into beautifully presented and well balanced accommodation, sitting on approximately a third of an acre plot of landscaped grounds. 4
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ1,000,000
44 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
Wrecclesham, Farnham Surrey Spacious, flexible character family home which has been the subject of improvements, alterations and modifications over recent years whilst being carefully maintained. There are many appealing attributes of the accommodation within the house which include a wonderful modern fitted kitchen/breakfast room, with adjoining open access orangery style extension to the rear.
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ950,000
46 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
48 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
he Ferrari 488 Pista, was unveiled at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, is the successor to Ferrariâ€™s V8-engined special series - the 360 Challenge Stradale, 430 Scuderia and 458 Speciale â€“ which have received critical acclaim for their performance and undiluted handling.
chartersestateagents.co.uk | 49
The Ferrari 488 Pista marks a significant step forward from the previous special series in terms of both sporty dynamics and for the level of technological carry-over from racing. The name is, in fact, a direct homage to Ferrari’s unparalleled heritage in motor sports. The car’s development evolved directly from the company’s involvement in the FIA World Endurance Championship - where it has won five Manufacturers’ titles in the GTE class in the six years since the series’ inception, taking 29 out of 50 races - and 25 years’ experience in running the Ferrari Challenge one-make series. The Ferrari 488 Pista’s extensive weight saving solutions, along with engine, vehicle dynamics and aerodynamic developments all derive from Ferrari’s racing cars: the 488 GTE and the 488 Challenge. The result is a car with an uncompromising mission: to offer track-like performance on and off the road, even when in the hands of non-professional drivers. Compared to the 488 GTB, the new model weighs an impressive 90 kg less (1280 kg dry) which, when combined with the largest ever increase in engine
power for a special series car (+50 cv), results in a new benchmark for Ferrari’s V8 sports cars. Its engine is the most powerful V8 in Ferrari history and is an extreme evolution of the turbo unit that has won the overall International Engine of the Year award titles in both 2016 and 2017. It punches out 720 cv with the highest specific output of in its class (185 cv/l) and is now lighter too, thanks to solutions adopted from the 488 Challenge, including Inconel exhaust manifolds and lightweight crankshaft and flywheel, but also thanks to additional features, such as titanium con rods and carbon-fibre intake plenums. The 488 Challenge also supplies the turbos with integrated rev sensors along with the design of the air intake line which has been moved from the flanks to the rear spoiler area to ensure a cleaner flow of air. Torque is higher than the 488 GTB at all engine speeds, delivering a feeling of consistently smooth, powerful acceleration with even faster turbo response times despite the increase in power. chartersestateagents.co.uk | 51
The engine sound is unique and unmistakably Ferrari, as such a special car warrants. Both the sound quality and the intensity are higher than the 488 GTB in all gears and at all engine speeds in proportion with the progressive increase in power.
The Ferrari 488 Pista makes full use of Ferrari’s motor-sports experience for maximum aerodynamic performance even on the road. Among the racing solutions adopted is the front F1-inspired S-Duct and the design of the front diffusers which feature a ramp angle that was optimised for the 488 GTE to create strong suction for increased downforce.
The underbody vortex generators have also been redesigned, and the rear diffuser incorporates the same double kink as the 488 GTE to increase the air extraction and downforce generation compared to a traditional diffuser. In addition, the rear blown spoiler is higher and longer and the shape has been optimised. The final result of all these interventions is an impressive 20% increase in downforce.
The vehicle dynamics were designed to enhance driving pleasure and make the car’s full potential available to all drivers, professional or otherwise. The objective was to make the car’s performance on the limit easier to reach and control.
This was achieved by synergies between the development of the mechanical set-up and the electronic dynamic controls integrated into version 6 of the Side-Slip Angle Control system. SSC 6.0 incorporates all the following systems: E-Diff3, F1-Trac, the magnetorheological suspension (SCM) and, for the first time ever, the Ferrari Dynamic Enhancer. The FDE features a world-first: it uses Ferrari software to adjust the brake pressure at the callipers. This additional level of control further fine-tunes the Ferrari 488 Pista’s performance through, and powering out of, corners making the car’s handling even more effortless, intuitive and predictable. The extra confidence the system gives means that drivers can more easily control yaw angles, even on the limit, and develop a completely symbiotic
relationship with the car resulting in the perfect combination of genuinely extreme performance and driving thrills.
The suspension set-up is completed by new tyres developed specifically for the car by Michelin. The design of the Ferrari 488 Pista is focussed on functional aerodynamic concepts while the cockpit is pared back in keeping with its very sporty vocation. Ferrari Design used innovative elements, such as the aerodynamic S-Duct at the front, as an opportunity to visually shorten the car’s nose, creating an original floating wing effect. The racing livery colour scheme is an integral part of the design of the car and the way it dives into the S-Duct underscores the berlinetta’s compact yet imposing forms. Contrasting edging on the aerodynamic elements on the bumpers and flanks add structure to the design.
The concept of the front is echoed in the dolphin-tail rear spoiler which appears suspended to provide an impression lightness and efficiency, while the rear volumes add a sense of power to the tail.
The car’s underlying sense of extreme purpose is also highlighted by the adoption for the first time on a Ferrari of optional new 20” carbon-fibre wheel rims, while other carbon-fibre parts include the engine cover, bumpers and rear spoiler. Meridien Modena, 77 High Street Lyndhurst, Hampshire SO43 7PB Sales: 02380 283 404
52 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
CHANDLERS FORD 023 8235 8888
Durley, Winchester Hampshire Set on a plot of approximately 1.85 acres lies this stunning family home totalling 4,557 sq ft of accommodation, with a detached one bedroom annexe. The property has been extensively updated to a high standard by the current owner.
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ1,150,000
54 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
Dippenhall, Farnham Surrey A unique detached family home, comprising some 3,260 sq ft, with a combination of character and contemporary design features, set in a semi-rural position close to Farnham. Beautifully appointed detached character residence which has been restored, enlarged and upgraded by the current vendor. A strong emphasis has been placed on capturing the lifestyle of the semi-rural position with many rooms having views over the surrounding rolling countryside and delightful mature gardens.
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ1,595,000
56 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
4 58 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
Properties To Make You Beam Super examples of exposed beams and supports in traditional and modern surroundings.
1. NORMANDY, FARNHAM | £1,250,000 A prominent feature within the accommodation is the spacious and simply stunning drawing room - perfect for entertaining - with elegant vaulted ceiling, exposed wood beams, grand fire place and access to the front and rear gardens. Farnham Office 01252 891886
2. OWSLEBURY, WINCHESTER | £1,250,000 The current owners have had a granary built within the grounds, tastefully designed and built, which is currently used as a home office but could be used as an annexe as it has an open plan kitchen/sitting room, shower room and a mezzanine level for a bedroom. Winchester Office 01962 830880
3. KINGS WORTHY, WINCHESTER | OFFERS IN EXCESS OF £1,500,000 An exceptional Grade II Listed, six bedroom home steeped in history. This truly wonderful house successfully combines its unique history and charm with a modern and sympathetic style and an inner hallway leads you to this classic, comfortable study. Winchester Office 01962 830880
4. SWANMORE, ALRESFORD | £1,125,000 A characterful cottage style home with a separate annexe sitting in extensive grounds and benefitting from an indoor swimming pool. With exposed beams and brickwork throughout, this really feels like a warm and welcoming family home. Alresford Office 01962 734633
5. MINSTEAD, LYNDHURST | £1,295,000 Sitting centrally within an exceptional plot of approximately three quarters of an acre and located in the most idyllic location within the New Forest, Merrie Orchard is a detached period four-bedroom cottage full of character and charm. Chandlers Ford Office 023 8235 8888
6. BISHOP’S WALTHAM | £995,000 An attractive four bedroom detached thatched cottage overlooking neighbouring farmland offering spacious accommodation throughout. Sympathetically updated without compromising its charm or originality. Winchester Office 01962 830880
7. DURLEY, SOUTHAMPTON | £924,250 Splendid and much improved five bedroom family home situated on a generous plot of approximately half of an acre with field views to the front and rear. This comprehensive property features a wealth of versatile accommodation having been extended by the current owners. Winchester Office 01962 830880
chartersestateagents.co.uk | 59
Hyde, Winchester Hampshire An exquisite four/five bedroom Grade II Listed family home which has been sympathetically refurbished and extended to seamlessly blend the old and new. Located in one of Winchesterâ€™s oldest and most historic streets, the house successfully balances its heritage with a chic contemporary feel inside and out. 4
GUIDE PRICE ÂŁ1,000,000
60 | chartersestateagents.co.uk
62 | chartersestateagents.co.uk