Tata Sky Mobile Product Note
• The Tata Sky Mobile app was launched back in 2013 where it was one of the pioneering apps to provide Live TV streaming of over 40 channels. • Now, we are ready to take the Tata Sky Mobile app to the next level and into the future. • We have rebuilt the app with a new look and host of new features on the iOS and Android platforms. We will be launching first on the Android platform (September end) followed by iOS (October end) and last on the Browsers (December end)
Proposition Extending the Tata Sky Experience to Smartphones, Tablets and Browsers
Features 1. Live TV: 250 Live channels 2. On Demand: Host of TV shows, Movies and web content are served on your demand, You can also catch up on all your missed shows from previous 7 days anytime and anywhere. 3. Watchlist: Any channel or show that you favourite can be found here 4. My Box: My Box will enable you see the schedule of all the channels Tata Sky offers (Feature will be enabled by November). Subscriber will be able to set remote record for all 600+ channels on their set top box. 5. Recharge: You can now recharge your Tata Sky account from the app 6. My Tata Sky: Manage your Tata Sky Account from the app
Target Audience All Tata Sky Subscribers
Access Tata Sky Mobile app will be available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
Android Phones (August end) Tata Sky Mobile app will be available on Android for Phones with following minimum requirements • OS version: 4.4 onwards • Minimum CPU: dual core 1.2 GHz • Minimum RAM: 1 GB
How to install the app: new users (new installation) The app is available free on Google Play Store Search for â€˜Tata Sky Mobileâ€™ on the app store & download
Tap here to search for our app
How to update the app: existing users (Updates) Users can go to the my apps section in Google Play and select the â€œTata Sky Mobileâ€? app to update. Not all subscribers be will see the update before 20th September. The Old app will show a update message to the subscribers from 20th September, this message will take the subscriber to the Play store where the sub can update to the new app as subscribers will no longer be able to use the old app.
This will take the sub to Play Store to update the app
Home • Lists the best content that Tata Sky Offers • Content listed in this section will include Live, Catch up and On Demand • All user can access and browse the app, but only validated and logged in subscribers can view content
Live TV • Lists all channels available • Only streaming allowed
On Demand • •
The content here is categorized under Movies, Shows and Web Shorts Catch up for Movies, Shows will be included in this section
Watchlist • •
Subscribers favourited content is listed under Watch list Downloaded and purchased content also is accessed from this section.(Feature will be available from October)
My Tata Sky â€˘ Recharge: You can now recharge your Tata Sky account from the app â€˘ Manage Packs: Change/update/add Base packs and Add Ons for your Tata Sky Account
My Box My Box will enable you see the schedule of all the channels Tata Sky offers and also will allow for setting remote recordings on the set top box (Feature will be available from October)
Subscriber is eligible to watch only those channels/videos which he is paying for on the Tata Sky set-top box.
Subscribers will be allowed to stream/view content on maximum of 2 devices simultaneously.
Streaming / downloading / triggering download will not be permitted outside the territory of India.
Jail broken/Rooted devices & pirated windows software will not be supported to ensure content protection.
Recording/copying/casting of video is disabled on the device.
Understanding the new App
• Once the Subscriber launches the app he is shown the Onboarding screen informing the sub about what the app is about. • The subscriber will land on the Home screen of the app after he closes the onboarding screens. • Subscriber will be allowed to browse through the app, but he will not be able to view any content till he logs in
On Boarding Screens
• Subscriber needs to enter his RMN or sub id to login. • Once the sub enters his RMN/Sub ID we will send an OTP to the RMN that he will need to enter to complete the login process. • Subscriber also has the option to use his My Tata Sky password to login • Subscriber can reset his password with the forgot password link. • Subscriber can even register on My Tat Sky if not already registered
• • • •
The Layout of the app is similar in all the sections of the app. Each page has a Hero Banner(Big Banner) on the top Following the Hero Banner each page will have multiple Content Rails Footer will consist of the Navigation panel
Hero Banner • There will be 3 to 5 hero banner poster that will be scrollable. • These banners will link to content or Live channel Rail Title Content Rails • There can be unlimited number of rails with content, these rails will be configured in the back end to dynamically reflect on the app. • Each rail will have a Rail Title associated to it. • Each rail will display maximum of 20 content posters while scrolling and additional posters will be seen under the See All option • Content posters contain additional information about the content below the image, e.g. Language of the content, Genre of the content, etc. NOTE: The screenshots used are to understand the UI and do not represent the actual screen where the content will defer.
• This section will be curated to show the best content that Tata Sky Offers • This Section will have rails for Live channels, TV Shows and Movies (catch up and On Demand).
• All Movies would have a portrait/Landscape posters on the Content card. • Catch up content and Channel content cards will have a Landscape poster on the content card.
• • • • •
This section will be curated to show Live TV channels There will be a rail showing all the channels to the subscriber so that it is easier for the subscribers to find his channel. Language information will be given below the poster. All channels option will open the page where all the channels will be listed. On selection of any channel a program detail screen is shown where the video play back will happen automatically of the event that is live. • All Star channels would not be played on the app, subscribers will be redirected to the Hotstar App for playback.
• The Program detail screen shows the details of the event that on air under the “On Now” tab, details like the Event Name, Description, Producer, Director, Star Cast, Audio language, airing time, etc. are shown to the subscriber. • There is a “Record” button that is used to set remote record requests to the subscribers Tata Sky+ HD set top box. • There is “Favourite” (star icon) that on tap adds the channel to your favourites which can be found under the Watchlist section. • Under the “Schedule” tab we have the schedule of the channel for 3 days. The schedule has the airing time of the events along with a short description of the event. Favourite icon
Schedule for next day
• If you select a future event from the schedule you have the option to set a reminder for the event in addition to record and event details. • For a show if we have other episodes (previous episodes) we can see all these episodes by selecting the “Other Episodes” option.
Record button Reminder button
Other episodes of the selected show
• This section will be curated to show TV Shows, Movies and Short Videos from the web • On Demand has been divided into 3 tabs namely, TV Shows, Movies, Shorts making it easier for the subscribers to find the content they are looking for. • Catch up content will also be available in this section.
Watchlist divided into 3 tabs namely, Favourites, Downloads & Purchases Favourites will list all the content/channels that are favourited by the subscriber.
Note: Downloads and purchases section will be available from October.
The schedule of all the channels that are available on Tata Sky platform will be visible here. Subscriber could initiate record requests for their set top box from this section
Note: My Box section will be available from October.
• • •
The Navigation drawer give quick look at the subscriber Name, Tata Sky Account balance and Due date. Subscriber has a quick access to the recharge option that allows the subscriber to recharge his account The other options that are available are 1. My Tata Sky 2. Notifications 3. Help & FAQs 4. Settings
Navigation drawer icon
Subscribers can do a quick recharge from this section.
My Tata Sky section will open the mytatasky.com portal in the app. Subscriber will be able to perform all the tasks as they do in My Tata Sky such as, Recharging their account, View and Modify their packs, Raise requests, Order Showcase and much more
• • •
Quick links for the subscriber to contact us are given in this section. Subscriber can on a tap of a button call us, email us, chat with us or even raise a request with us. A detailed list of FAQ are also available to the subscriber to help him use the app better.
• The app will store the list of notifications that are sent to the subscribers • Subscribers can tap on the notification and go to the content mentioned in the notification • Subscribers have an option to delete the notifications
• • • •
App settings can be managed from this section. Subscriber can adjust the video quality as per his preferences Devices can be removed from the account from Device management option Subscriber can change their My Tata Sky password as well.
Miscellaneous features of the app
Full screen video player
Rewind 10 sec
Video quality selection
Video quality selection
Full Screen icon
Portrait Video player on detail page
• • •
Subscribers can search for the content that want to watch on the app using search option Subscribers will get a list of their recent searches and also get predictions on what they are searching The search results are categorized in Movies, TV Shows, Shorts, Channels to make it easier for the subscriber to find their content
Extending the Tata Sky Experience to Smartphones, Tablets and Browsers.