CIS 175 Final Exam (New 100 % Score)
FOR MORE CLASSES VISIT www.cis175rank.com Please check all questions included in this final Below
• Question 1 The image below is an example of what type of WAN connection? • Question 2 Which of the following is a type of coaxial cable? (Choose 2) • Question 3 Which of the following is a common Layer 2 protocol that could run over a dedicated leased line? • Question 4 SONET uses ________ cabling and offers high data rates, typically in the ________ Mbps— ________ Gbps range, and long-distance limitations, typically in the ________ km— ________ km range. • Question 5
The data rates for T3 link is ________. • Question 6 A common Layer 2 protocol used on dedicated leased lines is ________. • Question 7 If the bandwidth of an OC-1 link is 51.84 Mbps, what is the bandwidth of an OC-3 link? • Question 8 When a wireless channel uses more than one frequency the transmission method called ________ spectrum. • Question 9 To protect WLAN traffic from eavesdroppers, a variety of security standards and practices have been developed, including all of the following except: • Question 10 WLAN security based on a PSK technology is called ________ mode. • Question 11 The wireless device that is marked X in the image below is a ________. • Question 12
WLANs can be categorized based on their use of wireless APs. The three main categories are ________, ________, and ________. • Question 13 Which is NOT a security threat for WLAN’s? • Question 14 Which of the following is one of the broad categories of wireless antennae that are based on coverage? (Choose 2) • Question 15 The Wide Area Network (WAN) design below represents what type of fault-tolerant network design? • Question 16 Which QoS design consideration is incorrect? • Question 17 Which term is best described by the following definition: ―Both NICs are active at the same time, and they each have their own MAC address‖? • Question 18 Which of the following is one of the two modes of Network Interface Card (NIC) redundancy? (Choose 2) • Question 19
The ________ command can be used to display information about current sessions, including source and destination IP addresses and port numbers. • Question 20 Which command is a UNIX command? • Question 21 A route can be added by using the route ________ command. • Question 22 Which command is a UNIX command? • Question 23 Which UNIX ARP option below is use to display current ARP entries in a UNIX Hosts’ ARP table? • Question 24 The ________ command can be used to see what a Layer 2 MAC address corresponds to a known Layer 3 IP address. • Question 25 The ________ command pings every router hop from the source to the destination and reports the round-trip time for each router hop. • Question 26 The ________ command displays NetBIOS information in IPbased networks. • Question 27
Which of the following is NOT a UNIX CLI command? • Question 28 Imagine that you have been troubleshooting a network cable (either copper or fiber optic), and you determine that there is a break in the cable. What would you use to identify exactly where the break exists? • Question 29 What does the acronym PPDIOO stand for? • Question 30 Which of the devices shown is a Throughput Tester? • Question 31 When working with copper cabling (as opposed to fiber optic) a ________ can check a variety of a cable’s electrical characteristics. • Question 32 What kind of information would you find in an Application Log? • Question 33 What is the name of the instrument pictured below? • Question 34 What does a Throughput Tester do? • Question 35
Which of the approaches is used to determine the password of a system account or a user account? (Choose 2) • Question 36 Which of the following is NOT an example of an integrity violation? • Question 37 Which of the following is a firewall device type? (Choose 2) • Question 38 What type of integrity attack is described in the diagram below? • Question 39 What are the three primary goals of network security? • Question 40 What are the three types of malicious traffic detection methods? • Question 41 What type of availability attack is described in the diagram below? • Question 42 ________ can occur when an analog connection creates an electromagnetic field around its conductors, inducing its waveforms on a nearby analog connection. • Question 43
What is the administrative distance of Routing Information Protocol (RIP) routing protocol? • Question 44 Which of the following is a common OSI Layer 3 (network layer) troubleshooting issue? (Choose 2) • Question 45 Look at the topology shown below. What is the design issue with this wireless network? • Question 46 Consider the network diagram presented below, let’s assume that both switches are capable of auto negotiating Ethernet speeds of 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps. Let’s also assume the switches do not support MDIX. Refer to the network diagram. Identify what the Layer 1 issue would be in this topology. • Question 47 What is the administrative distance of Open Shortest Path First (OSFP) routing protocol? • Question 48 What is the administrative distance of internal Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) routing protocol? • Question 49
Out of these three steps above, the majority of a troubleshooterâ€™s efforts are spent in which step? â€˘ Question 50 Which of the following is a common OSI Layer 1 (physical layer) troubleshooting issue?. ============================================ ==
CIS 175 Midterm Exam
FOR MORE CLASSES VISIT www.cis175rank.com 1.
What are device types A and B in the exhibit below?
2. Which of the following is a NOT a network category based on the geographical dispersion of network components? 3. Which of the following applies to client-server network? (Choose 2) 4. Which of the following matching from the diagram below is correct? 5. Which of the following applies to the diagram shown below? (Choose 2)
6. Which of the following matching from the diagram below is correct? 7. Which of the following statements is TRUE? (Choose 2) 8. The term packet is used fairly generically to refer to protocol data unit (PDU). However, PDU might have additional names based on their OSI layer. What is the name of the PDU in the physical layer of the OSI reference Model? 9. Which of the following matching is true concerning the Protocol Data Unit (PDU) and its corresponding OSI layer location? 10. Which of the following layers is NOT part of the TCP/IP protocol stack? 11. Which of the following is NOTalayer of the Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) reference model? 12. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of the Media Access Control (MAC) sublayer of the data-link layer (Layer 2) of the OSI reference layered model? 13.
Which OSI reference model layer is responsible for?
(a) Setting up session (b) Maintaining a session (c) Tearing down a session 14. B?
What layers of the OSI correspond to labels A and
15. John, the Network Administrator of XYZ Corporation, is interested in changing the format of text from American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII) to Extended Binary Code Decimal Interchange Code (EBCDIC). In addition, his IT manager requested that all sensitive and confidential information on their servers should be protected by applying the appropriate encryption. What OSI reference model layer is responsible for data format such as encryption? 16.
What is the purpose of a DNS server?
How fast can category 5e transfer data?
What is the purpose of a proxy server?
What is a virtual server?
What is the purpose of RTP in VoIP?
Which two types of media are twisted-pair cable?
What is the purpose of a virtual desktop?
23. How many broadcast domains are there in the diagram? 24.
How fast is standard Ethernet?
What is the actual distance of 10Base 2?
26. You can configure user authentication at Layer 2 of the OSI. What IEEE standard would you use for this? 27.
What is the IEEE standard for PoE?
28. How is a switch selected as a root bridge for spanning tree if the bridge priorities are the same? 29.
What is the purpose of the trunk in the diagram?
30. There are four states that a port goes through when transitioning to the forwarding state. What is the correct order? 31.
How many bytes in an IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tag?
32. A more efficient design which involve the logical separate of a switch ports into different broadcast domains is known as a ________. 33. What is the result of the binary conversion in the example below? 34. Which IP addresses assignment method leads to less administrative efforts to Information Technology professionals? 35. What is the result of the binary conversion in the example below? 36. The diagram below shows an example of what kind of transmission? 37.
How many bits in an IPv4 address?
What is the network address for APIPA?
39. How many hosts can you have with a subnet of 192.168.1.0/28? 40.
How many bits per octet in an IPv4 address?
What are sections A and B of the IP address?
42. For static NAT to work, how many inside global addresses are needed for inside local addresses? 43.
What is the purpose of ARP?
44. Both PC1 and Server 1 have a default gateway, what is the purpose of a default gateway? 45. Which of the following is a link-state routing protocol that uses a metric of cost? Choose only one. 46. At the moment PC1 can't reach the Internet. You add a static default route to R1 that sends all traffic to an unknown destination out s1/1. Can a user on PC1 access the Internet? 47. Match the Type of NAT on the left with the correct definition on the right. 48. What is the administrative distance for an internal EIGRP route? 49. What are the two methods used to prevent loops in a distance vector routing protocol? 50. Which of the following is an Exterior Gateway Protocol? Choose only one. ============================================ ==
CIS 175 Week 10 Assignment 1 Network Consultation for DesignIT (2 Papers and 2 PPT)
FOR MORE CLASSES VISIT www.cis175rank.com This Tutorial contains 2 Papers and 2 PPT
Assignment 1: Network Consultation for DesignIT This assignment contains two (2) Sections: Network Consultation Proposal and Network Consultation Presentation. You must submit both sections as separate files in order to complete this assignment.
The owners of DesignIT, who recently purchased 56'x36' space for their expanding business, have asked you to place a bid on a consulting job. DesignIT is a graphic arts company that, up until now, had contracted work out to temporary design services. The new space will allow them to hire two (2) full time designers and a receptionist.
Description of space purchased: 4 Cubicles
1 Office 1 Server room 1 Reception desk 1 Conference room
Below is the design of the space purchased:
Click here if you are having trouble viewing the above image.
Using the building layout, your role is to provide DesignIT with a network design that interconnects the following considerations: DesignIT plans to relocate three (3) servers already configured as follows: 1 Web Server – Microsoft IIS Server 1 File Server – Microsoft Server 2008 1 Server – Server 2008 Small Business Server DesignIT has requested that the design include the following: High speed Internet access
Firewall Antivirus / malware protection Six (6) computers Three (3) color laser printers Wireless access for portable devices DesignIT has requested the consideration of all interconnected devices and wiring, along with speeds, for best performance.
Section 1: Network Consultation Proposal
(Microsoft Word) Create a cost analysis, and develop a proposal for the company. Write an five to seven (5-7) page proposal in which you: Recommend one (1) suitable network design. Suggest one (1) network architecture. Suggest LAN and Wireless LAN (WLAN) wiring considerations. Recommend hardware options and costs. Suggest security considerations for:
Firewall Antivirus software Recommend software options and costs. Outline the labor costs, equipment costs, and service costs for your suggested design in table format. Identify the single point of failure, and recommend potential mitigation strategies. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Section 2: Network Consultation Presentation
(Microsoft PowerPoint or equivalent)
Use Microsoft PowerPoint or an open source alternative to present your findings to the client. Create a five to ten (5-10) slide presentation in which you: Outline the recommendations from your written proposal in Section 1. Provide general speaking notes that you would use to highlight non-visual content.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: Explain the basic components and media of network systems and distinguish between LANs, MANs, and WANs. Summarize current networking standards and how standards bodies and the standardization process impact networking technology. Describe the TCP / IP protocols and various functions among the application layer.
Contrast why different technologies are deployed in different contexts of networking, such as topology, bandwidth, distance, and number of users. Explain and differentiate among network hardware devices and components. Compare and contrast among network operating systems. Describe security policy, practices, encryption techniques, and design considerations in support of business operations in a networked environment. Explain the role of integrity and availability in a networked environment. Use technology and information resources to research issues in computing networks. Write clearly and concisely about introductory networking topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions. ============================================ ==