from the Sysco Eastern Maryland Kitchen
Brussels Sprout Salad
Recipe makes 4 servings
2 cups 2 oz. 2 Tbsp. 1 ea. 2 oz. 11⁄2 lb. 1 Tbsp. 2 oz.
SYS IMP Pecan Half Fancy LYON M Syrup Maple 20% WHITEHS Vinegar Apple Cider 50 Gr Plas PACKER Lemon Choice Fresh SYS CLS Oil Vegetable Pure PACKER Brussel Sprout Fresh SYS CLS Sugar Granulated Cane X-Fine GREY P Mustard Dijon
4645362 5334313 5850771 1007541 4119160 1101872 5087572 4006821
Plate Cost: $5.99
0.66 0.31 0.01 0.26 0.12 2.56 0.01 0.64
Food Cost: $1.14
$4.85 • Whisk together maple syrup, 1⁄2 tsp. coarse salt and 1⁄4 tsp. pepper in a bowl. Add pecans to coat, and bake for 5 minutes in a 325°F oven, stir and cook 6 minutes more. Spread on a large sheet of foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to separate and cool.
• Whisk mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and sugar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cook brussels sprouts in boiling water until crisp tender and bright green. Drain, rinse with cool water and cool on paper towels. Slice Brussels sprouts and toss with dressing. Plate and sprinkle with candied pecans.
Chicken Soup for Two
$4.88 • Dice onion and celery, add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add chicken breast. Cook for 15 minutes or until breast is cooked through. Remove chicken breast and turn up the heat. • Add pasta, carrots and butter. Cook for two minutes, add parsley and pulled chicken, serve.
10 oz. 2 oz. 1 Tbsp. 1 tsp.
Makes one huge portion, or enough for two servings
2 ea. 2 oz. 2 oz. 1 tsp. 8 oz. 1 ea. 2 oz. 1 oz.
7357936 6523542 6667828 6908172 5568241 6454690 4671178 5926910
Plate Cost: $7.99
Garlic Fries Basket 1690643 5534151 6908172 6909145
Plate Cost: $3.99
JOSEPHS Pasta Egg Linguini SYS IMP Carrot Shrd Fresh Match Stick PACKER Celery Pascal Fresh SYS IMP Parsley Bunch Fresh SYS CLS Broth Chicken TYSON Chicken Brst B/S Even Cook PACKER Onion Yellow Sweet Jumbo WHLFARM Butter Solid Unsalt USDA AA
LAMB Potato Fry Julienne Priv Resv SUPREMA Oil Olive Extra Virgin Frutato SYS IMP Parsley Bunch Fresh PACKER Garlic Peeled Chinese
Food Cost: $3.11
Profit 0.79 0.55 0.09 0.01
Food Cost: $1.44
• Cook fries until golden brown, drain. Cook diced garlic in hot oil to infuse. Add chopped parsley to oil and toss infused oil with cooked fries. Serve hot.
0.62 0.24 0.11 0.03 0.50 1.30 0.17 0.14
Easy Fettuccine Alfredo Profit
$8.14 4 oz. 2 oz. 1 Tbsp. 1 tsp. 1 Tbsp. 3 ea.
6935464 2389278 4671178 6909145 6908172 7393552
WHL FARM Cream Heavy 40% ESL Stabilize AREZZIO Cheese Parmesan Grated PACKER Onion Yellow Sweet Jumbo PACKER Garlic Peeled Chinese SYS IMP Parsley Bunch Fresh JOSEPHS Pasta Noodle Pappardelle Nests Plate Cost: $9.99
0.32 0.52 0.01 0.01 0.09 0.90
Food Cost: $1.85
• Mince garlic and onion, chop parsley. In a sauté pan, combine cream, garlic and onion. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Turn off heat and add parmesan and parsley. Toss in cooked pasta, season with salt and pepper.
Asian Duck Wontons
6 ea. 2 oz.
Plate Cost: $8.99
AMOY Aptzr Potsticker Duck MIYAKOF Sauce Ponzu
Food Cost: $3.58
• Deep fry wontons until golden brown. Drain and serve with side of sauce.
Sirloin Beef and Potatoes with caramelized sweet onions 8 oz. 3 oz. 5 oz. 1 tsp. 2 oz. 1 Tbsp. 1 ⁄2 tsp.
5506092 4671178 4369435 5989249 5926928 6003867 6418966
Plate Cost: $15.99
CAB Steak Sirloin Topbutt Fil Whl PACKER Onion Yellow Sweet Jumbo SYS NAT Potato Mashed Ckd Fresh MINOR Sauce Demi Glace Conc No Cook WHLFARM Butter Solid Salted LEA&PER Sauce Worcestershire PACKER Garlic Peeled Whole
4.56 0.25 0.48 0.01 0.29 0.01 0.01
• Cut beef into 2 - 4 oz. steaks, season with salt and pepper. Sauté on high heat to brown steaks and remove from pan. Finish in the oven to a desired temperature. • Thick slice onions and sauté in butter until brown and soft. Heat potatoes in steamer or boiling water.
Food Cost: $5.61
Profit • Pour any of the excess fat from the sauté pan and return to heat. Add chopped garlic, Worcestershire and demi. Bring to a boil, reducing slightly. Turn off heat, add onions and plate.
Herb Encrusted Lamb Lollipop 1 oz. 1 oz. 1 ⁄4 ea. 1 oz. 1 ea. 3 oz. 1 oz.
PACKER Thyme Fresh PACKER Rosemary Fresh SYS IMP Parsley Bunch Fresh GULDEN Mustard Spicy Brown Squeeze SYS IMP Lamb Rack French C/O NZ 20-24 ct ITLROSE Relish Cranberry Org OCNSPRY Juice Crnbry Btl Bar Mixer
1972777 1794858 6908172 5130208 4038154 6330262 5099122
Plate Cost: $22.99
1.20 0.89 0.92 0.17 6.78 0.68 0.07
Food Cost: $10.71
• Fine chop herbs and combine together. • Salt and pepper lamb racks and roast at 380°F until 3⁄4 of the way to your desired temperature. • Remove lamb racks. Paint with mustard and coat with herb mixture. Return to the oven to finish. • Combine cranberry juice and relish, heat to a boil. • Slice lamb racks and arrange on a plate, serving with warm cranberry relish.
Blueberry Lemon Bars
Recipe compliments of the General Mills Foodservice website www.gmifs.com Yields 12 - 4x8 inch cake bars - 8 slices per cake bar = 96 servings
• Prepare cake mix according to box directions - deposit batter into a greased and parchment lined full sheet pan and bake. • Cut cake 4 x 8 inches to equal 12 individual cake bars. Slice each cake bar horizontally and add 4 oz. of lemon filling to the bottom layer. Arrange 1/4 cup of blueberries on top of lemon filling. • Place top piece of cake on filling and blueberries. Frost the entire bar with whipped topping.
5 lb. 4 lb. 71⁄2 lb. 2 lb. 12 ea. 1 cup
4045761 7974132 6349732 1007392 6235501 7738776
GM Mix Cake Yellow RICHS Topping Whpd Non-Dairy Bowl SYS CLS Filling Lemon Premium PACKER Blueberry Cultivated Fresh PACKER Strawberry Fresh SCHOKNG Chocolate Shaving Semisweet
Plate Cost: $3.99 per serving Food Cost: $0.64 per serving
12.28 15.00 10.68 8.13 4.93 10.08
$3.35 per serving
• Pipe a border using whipped topping around the top of each cake. • Add 6 oz. of lemon filling on the top layer and spread evenly inside the whipped topping border. • Arrange blueberries and sliced strawberries on the top of each bar cake. • Garnish the sides with chocolate shavings.
Sysco Eastern Maryland
Pocomoke, MD 21851