wednesday | march 6, 2013
Editorial. : firstname.lastname@example.org • Advertising : email@example.com
PH ‘More Fun’ tops Thai International Travel Fair 2013
Honorable Jocelyn Batoon-Garcia, Philippine Ambassador to Thailand (fourth from left) visited the Philippine Booth.
THE Department of Tourism (DOT) won the Best Booth Display during the Thai International Travel Fair held on February 14-17, 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand, extending the Philippine tourism’s winning streak in the global stage. The Philippine booth bested fourteen other National Tourism Organizations (NTOs), marking the country’s debut in the said travel fair. Organized by Thai Travel Agents Association (TTAA), an association of Thai Outbound Tour Operators, the three-day fair held at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre in Bangkok drew almost 600,000 visitors and close to a thousand booths from 14 NTOs, 3 embassies, 19 airlines, 132 travel agents, and other travel-related suppliers. The Thai Minister of Culture, Mr. Sontaya Kunplone, was among those who graced the official opening ceremony. This maiden Philippine participation led by DOT’s Marketing Representative for Malaysia and Thailand, Datin Melissa Ong, was able
to book Manila, Cebu, Bohol, and Palawan with a sizeable number of Thai tourists. Cebu Pacific cabin crew also provided on-site entertainment and fun games throughout the fair. “There is no stopping the country from riding high on a wave of global attention. This is certainly another feather in our cap. As the world’s perception of the Philippines begins to improve, all the more should the groundwork begin on market development–our topmost and crucial job for the next three years. We have definitely managed to hit the ground running in Thailand with this winning feat,” Tourism Secretary Ramon R. Jimenez, Jr. enthused. Considered a new opportunity market for the Philippines, Thailand produced 3,736 visitors in January 2013, registering a double-digit growth of 19.55% from the same period last year. In 2012, a total of 40,987 Thai tourists (or 10.9% of the visitor volume from ASEAN region) came to the Philippines.
Datin Melissa Ong, DOT Marketing Representative for Malaysia and Thailand receiving the award handed over by Kriangphon Piyaekchai, Vice President-Activity, TATT and Managing Director of Chok Tawee Tour Co. Ltd., Thailand.
Last year, we honored Mindanao’s homegrown businesses... This year, let the Investors from outside the island who helped propel Mindanao’s economy for decades be recognized...thus,
OUR AWARDEES in 2012
CORPORATE CATEGORY * Agri-Business * Banking & Finance
- LAPANDAY FOODS CORP. - ONE NETWORK BANK
* Health Food Production & Marketing - AMLEY FOOD CORP. * Housing & Realty Dev’t - PUEBLO DE ORO DEV’T CORP.
* Hotel/Resorts & RATIONALE OF THE PROJECT Tourism Dev’t - DAKAK PARK BEACH RESORT - This is the 2nd Mindanao Business Leaders Awards, in a different category from PEARL FARM RESORT the first one. The 1st Mindanao Business Leaders Awards was undertaken last year to give due recognition to the achievements of various Mindanao business leaders and INDIVIDUAL CATEGORY entrepreneurs in various categories of homegrown corporate and individual business * Agri-Business - MT. KITANGLAD AGRI-VENTURES INC. leadership achievements. * Banking & Finance - D’ ASIAN HILLS BANK - This year’s search is aimed at giving honor and recognition of excellent business * Hotel/Resorts & Tourism leaders in the investors’s category.- DUKA BAY EDEN NATURE’S PARK - BusinessWeek Mindanao as a forerunner of information on economic leadership ENTREPRENEUERSHIP and entrepreneurial achievements of non-Mindanaoan corporations and businessmen, deems it a part of its social responsibility to trumpet the achievements of these pillars OF an COMPANIES * Mega Entrepreneur for others-toLIMKET of Mindanao’s economy, emulateKAI and GROUP thus propel awareness for the business potential that Mindanao offers in every economic and business investment - ZEALEP GROUP OF COMPANIES plan, whether small or great.
* SME Entrepreneur SLERS -We are helping Mindanao achieve sustainable -development of its economy through these & humble efforts. * Sports Entertainment Industry - PARAS FAMILY * Broadcast Media Industry - RADIO MINDANAO NETWORK MISSION & VISION THE AWARDS * Transport Industry Award -OF YANSON GROUP OF COMPANIES - The holding of BWM Awards annually serves as catalyst to the ongoing efforts of SPECIAL AWARDS: DIR. CHAN, 10 for success business leaders and entrepreneurs whoCATALINO seek greater heightsDOT and strive the noble of propelling Mindanao and its people towards full economic VIPinHOTEL formission promoting local tourism in Northern Mindanao growth and sustainable development. DYNASTY HOTEL for promoting local tourism in Northern Mindanao Mimi Parrel Pimentel, - for Fashion I Industry Alma Mae Roa - for Fashion MECHANICS OF THEIndustry SEARCH: Duration of the Search
January 15, 2013 to May 15, 2013
Awards Night June 1, 2013 LIMKETKAI GROUP OF: COMPANIES Entry Requirements: Cagayan de Oro
1. Individual and Company/Establishment nominations shall be accompanied with Nomination Forms available on-line at the Sponsors Website, offices of sponsors, or in the printed page of Businessweek Mindanao and Mindanao Daily issues or may be mailed, if requested, by the Awards Secretariat 2. Nominees or candidates in various categories shall be nominated by BusinessWeek Mindanao and Mindanao Daily Bureaus; individuals, organization or groups not employed by or connected to any of the nominated person or firm . 3. Nominations shall be accompanied by the ff documents which can be mailed, or emailed to the awards secretariat - MINDANAO BUSINESS LEADERS AWARDS 2013 Secretariat, Tanleh Bldg., Abellanosa St., Cagayan de Oro City,not later than May 15, 2013.
D‘ Asian Hills Bank
4. Brief Resume and History of the Nominee (Individual or Firm) - Photos (at least 3) ; Nomination Form ; Documentary evidence such as certificates, awards or citations
For INQUIRIES CONTACT:
(08822)74-53-80 or 09274795196 (Allan Mediante) Mt.(088)856-3344, Kitangladbusinessweekmindanao@gmail.com Agri-Ventures,
Mindanao Daily News (March 6, 2013 Issue)