VOL-2, APR-AUG 2013
IV/IV B.TECH II-SEM TOPPERS Name
Md.Mazhar uddin G.Harish Kumar
CMR TECHNICAL CAMPUS Estd. 2009
III/IV B.TECH II-SEM TOPPERS Roll Number
B Rathan Richard
II/IV B.TECH II-SEM TOPPERS Name
Smarter way to share
K.Santhosh Kumar Varma
C .Varun Scan the QR to get E-Newsletter
I/IV B.TECH TOPPERS Name
Gande Sneha V .Amith Reddy
DESIGN & TEMPLATE BY: HEMANTH SETLEM -ECE III
MBA TOPPERS Name
NAME S.Hemanth sai kumar
T Yeshwanth Kumar Richa Baid
DESIGNATION Chief Editor (ECE)
MBA-III Sem MBA-I Sem
Mr. C. Gopal Reddy, B.E, MISTE 83.4%
K.Santosh Kumar Reddy
Director’s Message Dr. A. Raji Reddy, B.E,M.Tech,Ph.D
“The growth of every country is the education of its youth”
Silicon India (National Wide Survey-2013) th Ranked 8 among the top “Emerging Engineering Colleges” in India.
CMR Technical Campus EXPLORE TO INVENT
(Approved by AICTE, Affiliated by JNTUH) Kandlakoya(v),Medchal Road,Hyderabad-501401 Phone No: 9248727220, 9247033441 www.cmrtc.ac.in Send us your feedback and suggestions to: email@example.com
8|Pa g e
The youth of today are the reckoning force of tomorrow. This implies that imparting knowledge and values to them should be an ongoing process. A 360 degree involvement of the parents, faculty, management and students is of prime importance in this regard. I am very happy to note that CMR Technical Campus is fully established with the state of the art infrastructure. I convey my best wishes to the Director, Dean, Faculty and Students to provide highest quality of Engineering and Management education. I would personally thank all those who have whole heartedly contributed for the betterment of the institute.
It gives me a great pleasure to introduce the second edition of ‘VOICE OF CMRTC’ the Newsletter of CMR Technical Campus. I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate the editorial team for the efforts in putting together a wonderful and informative Newsletter. Newsletter will serve as a mirror reflecting various achievements, aspirations and new initiatives of the institute, its students and teachers. It is with immense pleasure and pride to recall that CMRTC has completed its first batch. CMRTC is expected to create a land mark in the field of Engineering and Management educa tion, especially to train the students in such a way they justify the fundamental spirit of knowledge workers. I am proud to be part of this institute which has such dedicated faculty and bright students. The faculty emphasizes on imparting Knowledge Based Teaching and Training. The results are clearly indicating the pragmatic approach of our students presented in this academic year. I am sure that this effort should be continued in future as well. This Newsletter will be a valuable insight of the institute for all readers.
1|Pa g e
Association Activities: Sl.No.
Guest Lecture on “Simulation on Aircraft Cockpit” by N.Chandramouli, Chief Manager, AirIndia.
Name of the Student
1 2 3 4 5
T. Shekar Gonella VRK Swamy N. Narender P. Mounika B. Phanidra Kumar
117R1E00H8 117R1E00I6 117R1E0042 117R1E00J3 117R1E00C4
Indian’s first life insurance SDD Solutions Srinivasa Logistics Eureka Forbes Eureka Forbes
MBA MBA MBA MBA MBA
S. Kishore Babu
K. Anjaneya Varma
G. Praveen Kumar
Vamsi Krishna Sanapala
M. D. Mustafa
Sri Vijaya Fire & Safety Product
Sri Vijaya Fire & Safety Product
BA. Continuum India Pvt. Ltd.
1. New Association body of ACSE for the A.Y.-2013-14 was formed in presence of Chairman C.Gopal Reddy and student handbook & CD was released on 04-07-2013.
Vijaya Ganesh Rao
Sri Vijaya Fire & Safety Product
2. Inauguration of CSI Student Branch in our college was done by Dr.O.B.V Ramanaiah,Prof in CSE Dept JNTUH and Rajiv Ranjan ,Project Manager Wipro on 11-07-2013. More than 100 students received their membership cards.
Khazana Jewellers Pvt. Ltd.
Optima Integrated Computer Solutions
3. A Technical session on SAP was conducted by Mr.Umakant,Mr.Shrikanth(from IBM) on 18-07-2013.
Optima Integrated Computer Solutions
India First life Insurance
Faculty Achievements 1. N.Uday Ranjan Goud was awarded as the “Best Active Person” in a 3 day Faculty Development Program “Train the Trainer.” 2. G.Ram Vishal & T.Naveen attended a 2 day workshop on “Composite Material of Aircraft” conducted by MLRITM,Dundigal. 3. T Naveen attended a seminar on the topic “Computational Fluid Dynamics” conducted by MLRITM . 4. K Vijaychandar attended 9 days Faculty Development Program on “Latest technology in Aircraft maintenance” at Siddhartha Engineering College, Vijayawada.
Association Activities: -
4. Workshop on Linux Certification was conducted in association with IIT,Bombay. Technical Quiz on C, JAM, GD,Sketch were also conducted 25-07-2013. 5. Finishing school was started by the Dept. to enrich the students in various technologies (.NET, JAVA, PHP etc). 6. An Android workshop APPFLUXES 2K13 was organized in association with Finland Labs on 2 nd & 3rd AUG.
Faculty Achievements 1. Mr. K.Srujan Raju (HOD) & Mrs. K. Neeraja published a paper in conference proceedings of “National Conference on Modern trends in Computer Science and Technology-2013” at Ellenki CET, Patancheru with ISBN: 978162779537-4. 2. Mr.V. Naresh Kumar attended a workshop on “Mobile Technology Advances” at CTS, Gachibowli. 3. Mr.N.Bhaskar of CSE Dept. has published a paper at IJERT,ISSN:2278-0181,Vol.2,Issue5,May-2013 on “Symmetric key Cryptography Algorithm using complement for Data Security.” 4. Mr.R.Nagaraju of CSE Dept has published a paper in IJCER,ISSN:2278-5795,P-ISSN:2320-9348,Vol.2,June-2013 on “A Fuzzy Characteristic Selection and extraction for Text categorization.” 5. Mrs.K.Neeraja & Mrs.Suwarna Gothane of CSE Dept has attended a one day workshop at VNR-VJIET on th “Research Methodologies and Publications”, May 4 , 2013.
Nuclear Fuel Complex, Hyderabad
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd., Hyderabad
Teleparadigm Networks Pvt. Ltd.,Hyderabad
M. Tharun Kumar
B Sai Charan
T Vamshi Krishna
P. Vinay Kumar
8. Mr.K .Srujan Raju(HOD) and Mr.S Rao Chintalapudi have attended CSI-SBC-Meet held at JNTUH-SIT.
Yerragopu Chandu,Piyush K Dwivedi have attended CSI-SBC Meet held at JNTUH(SIT). 2|Pa g e
(ii). ”An Advent towards the confidentially preserving of Data Publishing.”
Our college new website is developed by M.Tech students headed by Y.Chandra Mohan Reddy & P.N.V.Amar Reddy. Library In/Out swipe system is developed by the M.Tech students.
S.Hemanth Sai Kumar
(i).” Safe Distribution of Individual Health records in Cloud Technology”
6. Mrs.Suwarna Gothane published a paper in IJESR,e-ISSN:2277-2685,P-ISSN:2320-9763 on “An Automated Ranking for Query relevant over web accessible databases.” 7. Mrs.D.Komali of CSE Dept has published two papers at IJESR, E-ISSN:2277-2685,P-ISSN:2320-9763,Vol3 April2013 on the topics
Name of the Student
CSI,Hyderabad CSE RCI,Hyderabad
CSE M.Tech (CSE)
7|Pa g e
Association Activities: 1. Team Building Activities like LOGO creation in confined time for each team. 2. Other Activities such as Debate,Presentation of Technical Videos,Quiz,JAM were organized as a part of Association Activities.
1. Robin Mathew Koshy(Singles),VSS Kiran,Ajay Kumar(Doubles) participated in JNTU Zonal Table tennis tournament held at St.Peters Engg.College. 2. Shaik.Md.Sikinder Basha of IV year Mech gave a seminar at IIPWE,NewDelhi,on “Design of Wagon Rail Wheels based on Heavy Context Loading.” 3. G Ajay Kumar attended a National conference held at CCMB-IICT.
Association Activities: 1. Guest Lecture on “Mix Design Fundamentals for mineral Admixtures” by Prof.P.Srinivasa Rao,JNTU-H on 19/07/2013. 2. Various Activities such as Technical Seminar, Quiz and Goal Setting were organized as a part of Association Activities.
Student Achievements 1. A.NagaAmaleswari,T.N.L.Prasanna gave a Poster presentation on EarthQuakes Resistant Design held at VCET. 2. M.V.Pradeep, MD.Israr, B.Dilip, G.Akhil, M.Santhosh, N.Prithviraj, Jayanth Singh have participated in Eenadu Championship. 3. UmarKhan gave a PPT on Green Buildings at IIT,Kharagpur.
Faculty Achievements 1.Mr.P.Nagaraju attended a workshop on the topic "Navigating New frontiers in materials" from 2/7/13 to 6/7/13 conductedby NIT, Warangal and his paper titled "Synthesis, Micro-structural characterization and optical properties of undoped and Gd-dopedCeO2 thin films" has been accepted by ICNST-2013. 2. K.Bhagya lakshmi have presented research papers in: (i) NSRDMS-2013 at S.V.University on 28-06-2013, titled: Radiation and mass transfer effects on unsteady MHD free convective fluid flow embedded in a porous medium with viscous dissipation and heat source. (ii) NSAFD-2013 at S.V.U on 30-05-2013, titled: Unsteady MHD flow of a Non-Newtonian fluid down and open inclined channel with naturally permeable bed. And also Published the same in IJFE ISSN:0974-3138, Vol5. 3. Dr. C.NageswaraNath published a paper titled-"A study on plane-strain vibrations in a poroelastic composite hollow cylinder" in the Journal of Vibration Analysis, measurements and Control-volume.1, pp.1-28,2013. 4. Mrs.T.Meenakshi presented a paper titled “Linguistics and Language Learning” in ELTAI 8th International conference at SRM University, Chennai on 19-7-2013,
Association Activities: 1. A guest lecture on “Probability for Communication” by Dr. K.Anitha Sheela, Assoc Prof ,JNTUCEH on 24 march 2013, in association with ISTE Chapter and SAC( Students Activity Cell). 2. A guest Lecture on “Digital VLSI for Signal Processing System and Low-Power Design Methodologies” by Dr. Amith Acharyya, Asst prof, EED, IIT Hyderabad on 21 July 2013 in association with ISTE Chapter and SAC. 3. A Seminar on “Human Trafficking” & “A Seven Habits for effective People” on 31 July 2013, as a part of association activities.
Faculty Achievements 1. Mr.G.Srikanth (HOD), Mrs.Shaik Dilshad & B.Premalatha paper got selected in IJET, Chennai power carry look ahead adder with DSTN structure”.
Association Activities: 1. A Mock Parliament Session was held on 12/04/2013 where the Current issues in the state and the nation were dealt by a two party committee led by youth leaders. 2. A Seminar on NGO's and NPO's was held on 15/04/2013 & the students presented their ideas on the NGO's and NPO's- their objectives, their set up and Management. Ms. Shirin Anwar & Mr. K. Naresh spoke on the topics mentioned. 3. A Mock Press Conference was held on 20/04/2013 & Famous Management /Industry personalities, sports stars, politicians (enacted by the students), were chosen for a conference with the press. 4. A Marketing Activity was organized on 04/05/2013. An Ad - Campaign of Failure brands, relaunches, new products, etc. was held. 5. A guest lecture was conducted on 06/07/2013 on “SAP Modules and their Relevance in the Present scenario” by Mr. Bhaskar & Mr. Uma Kanth Reddy Senior Advisory Consultant, IBM. 6. Guest Lecture by Dr. Jayakar Dalavai, Professor of Business Management, Tabor College, Dallas, USA. He rendered a noteworthy presentation on “Management Education and Emerging Job Opportunities” on 27/07/2013
Faculty Achievements 1. Mrs.T.Roja Rani attended a workshop on “Research Methodology”, at KL University, Green Fields, and Vijayawada th th from 6 -9 July, 2013. 2. Ms.M.Praneetha, presented a paper titled, “The impact of professional training on the performance of employees”, in the National Seminar on Talent Management, sponsored by AICTE, organized at Aurora’s Post Graduate College, st Ramanthapur, Hyderabad on 1 May 2013. 3. Ms. B.Shama Sharad Char, presented a paper titled, “Talent Management Strategies as a competitive tool in the contemporary organisations”, in the National Seminar on Talent Management, sponsored by AICTE, organized at Aurora’s Post Graduate College, Ramanthapur, Hyderabad on 1 st May 2013. 6|Pa g e
2. Mr.G.Srikanth (HOD) attended a seminar on “Research Methodologies” on 02-08-2013 at JNTUH. 3. Mr.Tara Saikumar, Got selected as Reviewer for IEEE Transaction on Fuzzy Systems (TFS). Attended a Seminar on “Mathworks for Engineering Education”, by Academy of Design Architecture, on 26th July 2013 at Hotel The Park-Trillion Ballroom, Rajbhavan, Somajiguda, Hyderabad. 4. Mr.Tara.Saikumar, Mr.V.Sriram published a paper “Image Segmentation y Novel Comparison of Fuzzy Clustering algorithm on Adapted Level Set Method” in International Journal Power System Optimization, ISSN: 0975-458X, Vol.5, No.2, PP 7-12, June-Dec 2013. 5. Tara Saikumar, S.Venkateh, Md.Ameenuddin, “Adaptive Fuzzy C-Means Clustering Algorithm on Level Set Method for Biomertics”, in National Conference on Information Systems and knowledge Engineering (MRNC-ISKEth th 2013) on 19 & 20 July 2013,Hyderabad. 6. Mrs.Shaik Dilshad & Ms.B.Karunasree attended workshop on “Advanced VLSI design”, conducted by AICTE at Geethanjali college of Engg. from 17-6-13 to 29-6-13. 7. Mrs.B.Ragini, Mrs.M.Sravanthi, Ms.B.Karunasree published a paper in IJTEL, ISSN: 2310-2135 Vol2 Issue 3, June 2013, Titled: “Power Reduction in OFDM based cognitive Radio Systems” 8. Mrs.B.Ragini, Mrs.M.Sravanthi attended a 2day National workshop on “VLSI Design Using Cadence EDA Tools” on 26th & 27th July 2013 at CMREC.
Student Achievements 1. S.Amit, Y.Dinesh & Tara Sai Kumar presented a paper on “Improved Kernel Fuzzy Adaptive Threshold Algorithm on Level Set Method for Image Segmentation” in International Journal of Communication Network Security, ISSN:2231-1882, Vol 2, Issue-2, 2013. 2. Devesh Kr. Srivastava and Rishabh Pandey were elected as Director and Vice Chair of CMRTC MUN (Model United th th Nations) conference held on 18 & 19 April 2013 3|Pa g e
PhD ENROLLMENTS (2013-14)
Mr.S Rao Chintalapudi of CSE Department got Ph.D. Admission in JNTU Kakinada in the area of Data Mining. Release of Souvenir on Convocation Day
Inaugural of CSI Student Branch
Workshop on Ethical Hacking
APPSFLUXUS-2k13 (Android Workshop)
Mrs.T.Rojarani of MBA Department got Ph.D. Admission in KL University, Vijayawada in the area of Human Resource Management.
CMR TC STAFF CLUB
FDP on “Train the Trainer”
New CAD/CAM Center
Guest Lecture by Dr.P.Srinivasa Rao (JNTUH)
Mrs.G.Uma Devi of H&S Department got Ph.D. Admission in Gitam University, Vizag work titled ‘FeuoElectric and Piezo-Electric properties of lead free ceramics’.
Guest Lecture by Dr.Amith Acharyya (IIT-H)
Guest Lecture by Chandra Mouli (Air India)
Guest Lecture by Dr. Anitha Sheela
Inauguration of ISTE Faculty Chapter by Dr.T.Kishen kumar Reddy (JNTUH)