Contents Welcome Letter
Co-Chairs and Leadership Team
2012 Spring Auction & Gala Donors
2012 Spring Auction & Gala Sponsors
2012 Spring Auction & Gala Schedule of Events
Auction Governing Rules
Live Auction Items
Big Boards 1. All Things Stuart Plus Tricks & Treats
2. Having Fun & Looking Good
Silent Auction Items
With Much Gratitude to the Spring Auction 2012 Co-Chairs
SUSAN HUBER & JENNIFER BREDIN Thank you for giving so much of yourselves to Stuart this year. The time, effort and dedication you have put into the Spring Auction are unparalleled.
With love and gratitude, PATTY
On behalf of the entire Stuart Community
I think our namesake, Janet Erskine Stuart, would have enjoyed an auction celebrating her beloved homeland. A renowned English educator and religious of the Sacred Heart, she knew the importance of fun in the midst of study. I like to think she might have been referring to our Auction when she said, “With joy, without and within, all is well. I can conceive no higher way. Joy is the most heavenly atmosphere found on earth – we ought to cultivate it as a duty always.” I can think of no two people who have spent more time cultivating this evening’s ‘joy’ as a duty than our Auction Co-Chairs, Susan Huber and Jennifer Bredin. Speaking as the Queen Mum, I couldn’t ask for more loyal subjects. Hats, or fascinators off, to our generous sponsors and to each of you who contributed to our success. Tonight we will most certainly have joy without and within! We’ll have plenty of nosh, sweets and savoury! Stop by the Tartan Tavern for a pint as well. If you’ve brought your purse and have a quid or two, take a gander at all the auspicious items available for bid. Our faculty and staff are the bees’ knees for all their efforts as well. Give a clap to Cheryl McCormick and the rest of our wonderful folks in the Institutional Advancement Office. Cheers to Jennifer Potter for being the creative genius behind our carefully crafted British masterpieces. Thanks to our girls and all who helped bring them to life in all their colorful glory. I was chuffed to bits with Deb McAuliffe – our Carnival Auction organizer extraordinaire! Our girls were gobsmacked by the array of gifts. A blinding success, it was a brill event! Enjoy this evening’s festivities! Let’s go barney and support Stuart’s future!
Dr. Patty L. Fagin, Head of School (aka Queen Elizabeth) 3
The Auction Co-Chairs would like to thank all those who volunteered and worked so hard to make the Gala a success! AUCTION CO-CHAIRS
Jennifer Wade Bredin
Susan Palsir Huber
Jennifer Potter, Chair Sue Carlowitz Jeanette Hooban
Prudence Shapcott Melinda La Nasa Kristin McConkey
Georgie Leddy -Chair CARNIVAL AUCTION
Deb McAuliffe –Chair TARTAN TAVERN
Walt Cupit WINE CELLAR
Jocelyn Froehlich -Chair FACULTY AND STAFF DONATIONS
Debbie Peel – Chair COUPON BOOKS
Lisa Nelson GREATER GIVING
Tricia Adams 4
DONORS: FAMILY AND FRIENDS We gratefully acknowledge the following people who generously contributed to the Silent and Live Auction
Bridget Adams Helen Asir Jade and Samuel Bae Susan McSorley and Thomas Baker Jan Baldwin Lynn and Marc Baranski Christine and John Beckelman Katrin and Torsten Bernewitz Jennifer and Christopher Bredin Walter Krieg and Holly Bull Robert and Terese Bullen-Smith Jennifer Cane Chip Cash Cathy Tseng and Jay Chen Kimbery Jingoli-Chiurco and Anthony Chiurco Kim Ciarrocca Walt Cupit Tracy and Daniel Dart Karen DeSimone Dominique Di Meglio Robert and Beth Enck Dr. Patty and Tim Fagin Joyce Felsenfeld Nicole and Brinton Frith
Jocelyn and William Froehlich Damon Giancola Katherine and Ford Graham Jane Guggenheim John Debora Russo Haines and John Haines Susan and Robert Huber Tracy and Mark Johnson Mary Jo and Richard Kahn Jessica and David Kosek Celia and Sergei Kuharsky Cheryl and Robert Lagay Laura and James Lamke Melinda and Ronnie La Nasa Deborah Land Maureen Lauffer Mary Jane and John Leach Georgie and Timothy Leddy Steve LeMenager Kathleen and Jerry Mandzij Greg and Lauren Mario Linda and Steven Martucci Regina and Mark Massad Dawn McClatchy Maureen Cronin McLaughlin and Pat McLaughlin 5
DONORS FAMILY AND FRIENDS CONTINUED... Robert Missonis Ginny Moore Elena Nickerson Janet and Vincent Ottomanelli Debbie and Andrew Peel Sue and Charles Plambeck Jennifer and Ham Potter Peter and Stefanie Raab Shannon Rangecroft Kathryn and Aiden Redmond Susan Rizzo Linda Rutherford Cynthia Reiche Schumacker â€™73 and Scott Schumacker Sarah and Lawrence Shannon
Pieta Shukwit Anne Soos Susan and Kevin Taylor Venturi Family Molly Hillenbrand Vernon â€™96 and Tyler Vernon Lorraine Wageman Bridget and Kevin Walsh Annabelle Kim and Scott Weingaertner Margaret Wilder Kristen Winn Dominique and Marc Wolff Marie and John Wright Phyllis Wright Maria and Philip Yang Kathleen and Jeffry Zavotsky
BUSINESS DONORS Please support the following businesses whose wonderful generosity greatly contributed to tonightâ€™s success.
Arden Theatre Arts Council of Princeton Bridgewater BMW Bristol Riverside Theatre Brooklyn Botanical Garden Busy Bee Lifestyle, LLC Canvas on Demand
Kelsey Theatre La Bella Cakery Lisa Jones Longwood Gardens Luxaby Baby Mastoris Catering Medievil Times
Nuvo Beauty Lounge
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of Central New Jersey
DeSimone Orthodontics Dos Gringos Edvice Elizabeth b. Design Ferragamo Fox and Rothschild, LLP Hazen Plastic Surgery Henry and Hannay Wealth Management Hunterdon Hematology Oncology, LLC Jane JM Group
Pennington Market Philadelphia Eagles Princeton Tour Company Szaferman Lakind Tamara Handbags TD Bank Terhune Orchards The Front Porch The Institute of Culinary Education Urban Grace Westminster Conservatory Yoga M.A.T.T. 7
STUART AUCTION SPONSORS DUKE & DUCHESS SPONSORS
Bridgewater BMW Yoga M.A.T.T. LORD & LADY SPONSORS
The Plambeck Family Cynthia Reiche Schumacker â€™73 and Scott F. Schumacker KNIGHT & DAME SPONSORS
Dana Holdings, LLC TD Bank ROYAL FAMILY SPONSORS
The Bae Family Thomas Baker and Susan McSorley The Baranski Family The Bredin Family The Chiurco Family The Frith Family
Mr. & Mrs. Mark Johnson The Kosek Family Mr. & Mrs. Robert Lagay The McLaughlin Family The Redmond Family The Taylor Family
The Haines Family
The Yang Family
The Huber Family
The Zavotsky Family
six o’clock in the evening BEGINNING AT
COCKTAILS & HORS D’OEUVRES IN THE TARTAN TAVERN SILENT AUCTION AND BIG BOARDS DINING UNDER THE TENT CLASS MASTERPIECES DESSERT AND LIVE AUCTION DANCING TO THE BEAT OF BRITISHMANIA
AUCTION GOVERNING RULES All sales are final. No exchanges or refunds on auction items are permitted. Everything will be sold “as is.” Please read all descriptions carefully for specifications, limitations and expiration dates. Unless otherwise specified, all auction items and services must be used by April 21, 2013. Dates and times are to be arranged at the mutual convenience of the donor and the buyer. By his or her purchase the buyer waives any claim for liability against either Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart (“Stuart”) or the donor of the property or services; and neither Stuart nor the donor is responsible for any personal injuries or damages to property that may result from utilization of the property or services sold. Winners are responsible for checking the dates, availability and the details of the prize with the donor.
Payment for Auction Items All auction items must be paid for in full and will be available to take home at the end of the evening once payment has been received. Credit Card payment is the preferred method of payment. For the convenience of purchasers, cash and personal checks are also accepted. BIDDING PROCEDURES FOR SILENT AUCTION
At Check-In you will receive a pre-assigned bidder number along with an auction catalog. All items in the Silent Auction will have bid sheets. To bid, enter your bidder number (provided to you at Check-In), and the amount of your bid on the first blank line. Please be careful to write your bidder number on the sheets correctly. Please take note of any minimum bid amounts and raise amounts noted on the bid sheets. If the minimum bid is not met, the item may be withdrawn from the Auction. Each section will be closed in succession starting at approximately 8:00 pm. A general announcement will be made ten minutes prior to each closing to alert everyone of the pending closure. Once a section has closed and a winner determined, the winning bid will be circled by an Auction Volunteer and one copy of the bid sheet will remain at the table. One copy of the bid sheet will be removed and used to enter all winning bidders and bid amounts. If you have a question regarding your bid please see an auction volunteer for help. 10
BIDDING PROCEDURES FOR BIG BOARDS
The Big Board Auction will take place during cocktail hour. All items will be listed on 2 separate â€œBig Boardsâ€? and auction volunteers will be at each board to record bidder number and bid amount. Please be sure to confirm with the volunteer correct bidder numbers and bid amounts. Big Boards will close line by line and a general announcement will be made ten minutes prior to each closing to alert everyone of the pending closure. BIDDING PROCEDURES FOR LIVE AUCTION
The Live Auction will begin at approximately 8:30 PM and will continue without interruption until all items are sold. The Auctioneer shall have the sole discretion over the order in which items are placed up for bid. To enter a bid, the bidder raises his/her paddle indicating to the Auctioneer or spotters, whose job it is to relay bids to the Auctioneer, that he/she agrees to pay the last bid price quoted by the Auctioneer. In the event of a dispute, the Auctioneer shall have the sole and final discretion to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer the item in dispute for sale. Each successful bid will be recorded by an auction official and entered on the Runner Sheet for the item. This amount must be paid at the end of the evening. VISA and MasterCard are preferred payment methods. For the convenience of purchasers, cash and personal checks are also accepted. CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES
At the conclusion of the evening, please proceed to the Main Exit where an Auction Volunteer will check you out. The Auction Volunteer will view your bidder number activity and print a receipt showing all winning items and a total amount due. If the receipt is deemed accurate the auction volunteer will accept payment via cash or check if you have not pre-swiped your credit card at check- in. All winning items will be distributed. No item will be released without a receipt! If you need to leave before check-out begins and you have won a auction item, you will be notified by the Institutional Advancement staff. 11
LIVE AUCTION ITEMS 1. Let’s Party! Old School Keg Party at Dr. Fagin’s House Come in your college attire and kick-it old school style at the Head’s house! Shenanigans are sure to ensue with a keg, Mastoris catering and 19 of your closest friends! Donated by the Fagins and Mastoris catering 2. Scenic Escape: Bald Head Island, North Carolina Getaway When you board the passenger ferry to Bald Head Island (35 miles from Wilmington, NC) you leave your car behind, along with the stress of everyday life. Transportation on the island is limited to golf carts, bikes, skates and well-worn walking shoes...an accurate reflection of the slower, more relaxed island attitude. This getaway includes a week at “Watch Hill,” a beautiful home sitting up high on the dune, yet right at the back door of the ocean. This five-bedroom, four and a half bath home can accommodate 13 guests. Watch Hill is available anytime from September through May and includes four ferry tickets. Donated by Charles and Sue Plambeck 3. VIP Parking: Stuart Premium Parking Spaces Two coveted parking spaces can be yours! Just think of the time you’ll save with no waiting in the pick-up line. These reserved parking spaces are located just beyond the flagpole, and near the frequently filled visitor parking. These reserved spaces are exclusively yours for the entire 2012-2013 school year. Donated by Stuart 4. New Sherriff in Town: Head for the Day: Lower School As Lower School Head, your daughter will give incoming Head Michelle Rodriguez Dowling the day off, choose the dress code, help select the gouter and lunch menus and perhaps add some extra time to recess and even (gasp) declare no homework?! This is a unique opportunity for your daughter to lead the Lower School and bring smiles to all her classmates’ faces. Donated by the Lower School 12
5. Beach Getaway: Amelia Island & $500 Airfare Credit Enjoy a week on Amelia Island at the Villas of Amelia Island Plantation, located north of Jacksonville, Florida. You will stay in a three bedroom, two bath condo with an ocean front view. The Amelia Island Plantation resides on a private three and a half mile beach and hosts three championship golf courses. Enjoy a relaxing getaway and the natural beauty of Amelia Island. This package also includes a $500 credit to be used toward airfare expenses. Date is mutually agreed upon with owner and is subject to availability. Donated by: Mark and Tracy Johnson 6. Cheers! Dinner for Eight at the Wine Cellar Enjoy a four course dinner in the Wine Cellar at TPC Jasna Polana. You and your guests will have the opportunity to attend this private club located in the heart of Princeton and dine in The Wine Cellar, which is an intimate setting housing more than 3,000 bottles of wine. This package includes dinner for eight and the Wine Cellar staff will tailor a dinner to create a truly memorable occasion! Donated by Mark and Tracy Johnson and Charles and Sue Plambeck 7. Mr. Missonis “At Your Service” Has your daughter ever imagined a day when she can make the rules? For one lucky winner, Mr. Missonis will be “at your daughter’s service” for the day. Imagine the sheer joy when Mr. Missonis greets her at the bus or car, escorts her into school, serves her gouter and lunch and escorts her to your car or bus at the end of the day. Donated by Robert Missonis, Head of Middle School 8. Make and Break the Rules: Head for a Day: Upper School Be the first to show incoming Head Dr. Trisha Medeiros the ropes! Your daughter will be able to make decisions for the day such as choosing the dress code for students and faculty alike, deciding what will be served for lunch and more – the possibilities to rule are endless! Donated by the Upper School 9. Wine & Dine: Wine Tasting Dinner at ONE 53 You and 11 of your nearest and dearest will be treated to a special dinner and wine tasting hosted by the Leddys and Friths at ONE 53 in Rocky Hill. This acclaimed restaurant highlights seasonal flavors with American/Euro 13
Bistro flair. The meal will be complimented with hand-selected wines. Donated by the Frith and Leddy families 10. Power Play: Head for the Day: Middle School Imagine the possibilities when your daughter is Head of Middle School for the day! What will she chose for lunch? What will she chose for her and her classmates’ attire and for the faculty too! Maybe there will even be a homework-free night…oh, a girl can dream! Donated by the Middle School 11. Nice Advice: Edvice College Counseling Session For students and parents interested in getting an insider’s perspective on the competitive and complex college admission process, Edvice is offering three hours of admission counseling. Steve LeMenager, President of Edvice, was the Director of Admissions at Princeton University as well as former Board of Trustees Chair at Stuart; his son attended Stuart’s Pre-School. Edvice is an international college consultancy with offices in Princeton, London and Montreal. Depending upon the needs of the student, this service could include creating or refining the list of colleges to explore, early application strategies, essays, visiting or interviewing at colleges and more. Suitable for any student/parent in Grades 9, 10 or 11. Please note that this service is intended only as a compliment to, not replacement for, the professional and superb college counseling that takes place at Stuart. This auction item may be used for Stuart students or students attending other high schools.
Donated by Steve LeMenager
12. All Hail the Chief! Head of School for a Day All hail the Chief ! Your daughter will get to be in charge for the day, meeting and greeting her classmates, deciding what the dress code will be for students and teachers alike and working with the kitchen on the menu for the day. She will be a real big wig with her own name tag, a role at assembly and an opportunity to give out candy at the end of the day. Talk about “Think, Lead, Change!” Donated by Head of School, Dr. Patty Fagin 13. Surprise Hollywood Sleepover at Stuart Your daughter and 13 of her friends will get to be part of a Hollywood Surprise Sleepover at Stuart! The winner will enjoy a fun-filled evening of 14
snacks and movies culminating with a sleepover at school! Sleepover must occur by September 30, 2012 and is for Stuart students Grade 2 and older. Donated by Dominique DiMeglio and Bridget Adams 14. Just Dance: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre This holiday season, Ailey returns to New York City Center for five weeks only and you can be there! Led by Robert Battle, Ailey’s performances celebrate the human spirit through the African-American cultural experience and the American modern dance tradition. Four premium tickets are offered to a December 2012 performance (exact date TBD). The tickets become available in September and are wildly popular! Donated by Ham and Jennifer Potter 15. Cheerio Mate! British Replica Phone Booth Get out the tea and scones and add some English-flair to your home with this iconic replica of a British phone booth! The phone booth is sure to be the highlight of a game-room, office or entryway, combining whimsy with tradition. Donated by Stuart 16. Rock on! Fund-a-Need The Fund-A-Need program raises money for an item or service that benefits all grades and typically would not be possible, or happen as quickly, without philanthropic support. Help every Stuart student “reach the top” and support the purchase of a Rock Climbing Wall! To further enhance fitness facilities at Stuart, support is being sought to give the gym a face-lift and purchase a Rock Climbing Wall. With adequate funding, improvements such as a refinished floor and new lighting will be installed. Perhaps most exciting, Stuart seeks to develop an indoor Rock Climbing program. The wall will accommodate all ages from pre-school to adults. Climbing will be incorporated into the PE curriculum and all PE Faculty will be trained and accredited to help our girls climb safely. Rock climbing gives girls safe and positive opportunities to take calculated risks and learn to solve problems creatively – two skills essential to success in the 21st century. Climbers experience growth in collaborative skills, the capacity to trust one another and practice virtues like patience, perseverance and goal setting. And it’s great fun! 15
BIG BOARDS 1 ALL THINGS STUART, PLUS TRICKS & TREATS
1. Stuart Chair #17 for Auction Have a seat! You can be the proud member of The Stuart Captainâ€™s Chair Owners Club. Chair #17 is all black with gold trim, solid maple, donned with the Stuart seal in gold and an engraved plaque with the official acquisition number. Own your very own piece of Stuart tradition! Donated by Stuart 2. Get the VIP Treatment: Reserved Parking and Seats for Lower School Prize Day Get your own prize in advance of prize day. No need to rush to Lower School Prize Day this year! You will have reserved parking and six premium seats for the annual extravaganza starting at 9 am on June 4, 2012. Donated by Stuart 3. Murder Mystery Mayhem! With Ms. Baldwin, Mr. Cash, and Mr. Cupit Was it Colonel Mustard in the Serpentine Parlor? Get ready for an intriguing evening with a Murder Mystery dinner for 15 girls at Stuart hosted by Jan Baldwin, Chip Cash and Walt Cupit. Anything is possible! All details to be arranged by the winner and donors. Donated by Jan Baldwin, Chip Cash and Walt Cupit 4. Party of Five: Lunch with Dr. Fagin Your daughter and three of her classmates will have the unique opportunity to enjoy an exclusive lunch with Dr. Fagin in her office. The topics of discussion are endless! Open the door to this private lunch event in Dr. Faginâ€™s office on a mutually agreed upon date in the 2012-2013 school year. Donated by Dr. Fagin 5. Front and Center: Reserved Seating for Graduation (1 of 2) Make a special day even better! The lucky winner will enjoy reserved seating 16
for twelve guests for graduation on Saturday, June 9, 2012, along with two premium parking spots. Donated by Stuart Country Day School 6. Making Memories: Reserved Seating for Graduation (2 of 2) So popular it’s being offered twice! Another lucky winner will enjoy reserved seating for twelve guests for graduation on Saturday, June 9, 2012, along with two premium parking spots. Donated by Stuart 7. The Spooky Side of Princeton: Ghost Tour Party Don’t delay--people are just dying to join us! A Princeton Ghost Tour is spooky fun for the whole family! Tour guides will share secrets hidden in the shadows of Princeton’s battlegrounds, cemeteries and haunted neighborhoods. This Ghost Tour is for 13 guests or ghouls. Donated by The Princeton Tour Company 8. Ice Your Cake & Eat it Too: Cake Decorating at La Bella Cakery and London’s Calling Cake Four guests will enjoy a custom-designed private cake decorating class. The class will take place in La Bella Cakery’s commercial kitchen in Princeton and all cake, icing and tools are provided. Each student will go home with a beautiful cake and a goodie bag of supplies! To take place on a mutually agreed upon Sunday afternoon or evening. And the icing on the cake: the winner will also take home a London-theme cake the night of the event! Donated by Pamela Giggie-Accetta 9. Quite the Quilt: Handmade Quilt made with Vera Bradley Fabrics Spruce up any twin or double bed (or queen, if you are looking for a coverlet) with this gorgeous handmade machine-quilted 74 inch by 90 inch 100% cotton quilt made with beautiful Vera Bradley pieces. This one of a kind quilt was pre-washed for shrinkage and color. Donated by Lorraine Wageman
BIG BOARDS 2 HAVING FUN & LOOKING GOOD
1. That’s Delish! Food Network Tour and Bag of Goodies If you ever try to channel Rachel Ray, Alton Brown or Paula Dean, you won’t want to miss this package! The winner and three friends will receive a private, VIP, behind-the-scenes tour of the kitchens and studio of the Food Network in New York City. Also, take home a bag full of goodies including DVDs and cookbooks from celebrity chefs along with a bottle of wine to enjoy as you get inspired in your own kitchen! Donated by Sergie and Celia Kuharsky 2. A Spoon Full of Sugar: Mary Poppins on Broadway and Tea at the Plaza Hotel This delightful package will having you and your daughter singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Winner will receive four tickets to Mary Poppins on Broadway followed by tea for four at the Plaza Hotel. Date to be determined; all reservations will be handled by donor. Donated by Melinda and Ronnie La Nasa and Katherine and Ford Graham 3. Face-Off: Flyers Tickets Winner will receive two tickets to a Philadelphia Flyers home game during the 2012-2013 season (October- December). Seats are on the aisle, lower level near center ice. Specific game to be agreed upon by donor before the start of the season. Donated by Greg and Lauren Mario 4. Carry Couture: Salvatore Ferragamo “Vitello” White Satchel Ferragamo challenges one of the last fashion taboos and creates a gorgeous satchel in brilliant white, the perfect addition to any fashionista’s collection. Donated by Vincent and Janet Ottomanelli
5. A Fresh Face: Skin Consultation and Three Hydrafacials Treat yourself and your skin with a skin consultation and three hydrafacials with a European-trained aesthetician at Hazen Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Laser & Skin Care Center in Princeton, NJ. Donated by Dr. Jill Hazen 6. Fine Dining: Gourmet Dinner for Four Complete with Wine Take the night off ! Enjoy the unique experience of having a gourmet chef (Stuart’s own Damon Giancola) prepare a meal for four in your home or another place of choice. All details to be mutually agreed upon by winner and donor. To compliment your special meal, enjoy both an East and a West Bank Bordeaux: toast with a 1990 Chateau Leoville Barton and a bottle of 1995 Chateau Fonroque – c’est magnifique! A floral centerpiece will also be included from Pennington Quality Market. Dinner Donated by Damon Giancola and wine donated by John and Marie Wright Floral Centerpiece donated by Pennington Quality Market 7. Fly Eagles Fly! Philadelphia Eagles Signed Jersey You will be the envy of any Eagles fan with this authentic jersey signed by Nnamdi Asomugha, one of the elite cornerbacks in the league, three-time pro-bowler and four-time all All Pro selection. Who knows -- maybe this is their year?! Donated by a loyal fan 8. Tee-off in Trenton: Foursome at Trenton Country Club A lucky foursome will have the opportunity to play a round at the competitive Trenton Country Club. Four greens fees, two golf cart rentals, golf balls, golf tees, golf hats and windbreakers are all included. A tee-time is to be arranged in advance through the Golf Pro, Graham Dendler. Gift certificate expires one year from issue date. Donated by Andrew and Debbie Peel
SILENT AUCTION CAMPS AND CLASSES
Princeton University Field Hockey Camp One week at Princeton University’s Tiger Camp featuring top-level instruction by coaches who are skilled at helping athletes understand the basics of the game in a way that will help the player expand her range of skills over the course of the camp. This camp is for girls at least 12 years old, but due to NCAA recruiting regulations, girls must be in grades 7 or 8. Donated by Kristen Winn, Head Coach Princeton Field Hockey Private Tutoring with Anne Soos The winner will received two hours of private tutoring with Mrs. Soos for AP Biology, Biology, or AP Environmental Science. Donated by Anne Soos Stuart Athletic Department Camps Donated by Kim Ciarrocca and Stuart One Week of Stuart Summer Sports Camp, Field Hockey July 23rd – July 27th For girls entering grade 3-9 and running 9:00 am to 12:00 pm One Week of Stuart Summer Sports Camp, Lacrosse July 30th – August 3rd For girls entering grade 3-10 and running 9:00 am to 12:00 pm One Week of Stuart Summer Sports Camp, Tennis July 30th – August 3rd For girls entering grade 3-9 and running 9:00 am to 12:00 pm One Week of Stuart Summer Sports Camp, Basketball July 30th – August 3rd For girls entering grade 3-9 and running 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm 20
Broadway Bound Package Voice lessons by Jan Baldwin and Kelsey Theatre tickets (2) to Stephen Sondheim’s “Company” and a Westminster Conservatory of Music $50 Gift Certificate toward summer camp. Donated by Jan Baldwin, Westminster Conservatory of Music and Kelsey Theatre Original Artwork by Deborah Land “Volcano Sky” - 20 x 30 photo canvas by Stuart’s Lower School Art Teacher Deborah Land. Donated by Deborah Land Original Silkscreen Print by Phyllis Wright “Mountain Pass” original silk screen 16 x 20 framed 4 x 4 image on archival paper by Stuart’s Middle School Art Teacher and Gallery Director. Donated by Phyllis Wright Original Painting by Stuart Alumnae Susan Rizzo “Release” inspired by her daughter’s poem, Allison Gratton ’00. This beautiful original may look familiar as alumnae Susan and Allison were featured in Stuart’s Considine Gallery this past Fall. Donated by Susan Dougherty Rizzo ’69 Canvas on Demand A $100 Gift Voucher for a personalized art canvas at Canvas on Demand Donated by Canvas on Demand
FASHION AND FUN
Salvatore Ferragamo “Vitello” White Shoulder Bag Donated by Vincent and Janet Ottomanelli Necklace and Earrings Set Heirloom, unique solid sterling silver with amethyst and zircon stones necklace and earrings set. Donated by Helen Asir CEO, HelenAsir.Com Luxaby Baby Newborn Deluxe Starter Set Includes: a weekender bag, receiving blanket, mealtime set and many other adorable items. Donated by Molly Vernon London’s Calling Basket This basket contains all things British including a Kate Spade bangle and decorative pillow and more! Donated by Susan Huber and Jennifer Bredin Luxaby Baby Lily Book Set Includes: Signed copy of Luxaby Lily, tote bag, dream journal and daily goals pad. Donated by Molly Vernon Upper School Coupon Books The purchaser of these books will have special coupons for such things as a free smoothie at Gouter, 20% off at the Bookbag, Study Hall pass and much more! $25 per book – Donated by Stuart Middle School Coupon Books The purchaser of these books will have special coupons for such things as two dress down days, free smoothie at Gouter, late homework pass, 20% off at the Bookbag, locker selection for 7th and 8th graders and much more! $25 per book – Donated by Stuart 22
Lower School Coupon Books The purchaser of these books will have special coupons for such things as dress down day, free smoothie at Gouter, late homework pass, 20% off at the Bookbag and more! $25 per book â€“ Donated by Stuart A Day in Pennington Front Porch $25, Gringos Gift Certificate and a $25 Viva Gelato Gift Certificate Donated by The Front Porch, Dos Gringos and the Huber Family. Institute of Culinary Education $100 Gift Card to be used for a recreational class. Donated by Institute of Culinary Education BMW Baby Racers Donated by Bridgewater BMW BMW Tricycle Donated by Bridgewater BMW BMW Watch for Her Donated by Bridgewater BMW BMW Watch for Him Donated by Bridgewater BMW
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
DeSimone Orthodontics Gift Basket Orthodontics Gift Basket which includes a complimentary orthodontic screening, custom mouthguard and Sonicare toothbrush. Donated by DeSimone Orthodontics CrossFit Nassau - One Month Unlimited Training Donated by Dolph Geurds CrossFit Nassau Training for Kids â€“ 10 Training Sessions for your Child Donated by Dolph Geurds OUTINGS
Movie Night with Ms. Felsenfeld and Ms. Moore Enjoy a night out with Ms. Felsenfeld and Ms. Moore including pizza dinner, a movie , ice cream and other treats! For up to 4 girls. Donated by Ms. Moore and Ms. Felsenfeld Trenton Thunder Game: June 24, 2012 Eight tickets to Trenton Thunder home game versus the Portland Sea Dogs on Sunday, June 24th at 1:05 pm. Donated by The Venturi Family Outing with Mrs. Nickerson and Ms. Wilder to Red, Green, Blue Crafts and to Twist For 4 girls in grades 4 and 5 to make a craft and then head to Twist for an ice cream treat! Possible outing dates are May 24th or May 31st from 4-6 or June 5th from 1-2. Donated by Elena Nickerson and Margaret Wilder Medieval Times Dinner & Show for 2 Donated by Medieval Times 24
Arts Council of Princeton $100 Gift Certificate Good for classes, camps and parties Donated by The Arts Council of Princeton A Day Off in Princeton Enjoy a day of shopping and lunch in Princeton. Includes a $50 Gift Certificate at any JM establishment (Blue Point Grill, Witherspoon Grill or Nassau Street Seafood), $50 Gift Certificate for Jane Consignment Shop and a $50 Gift Certificate for Urban Grace. Donated by JM Group, Jane and Urban Grace. SOME ESSENTIALS
Richard Kahn Architect One complimentary hour consultation Donated by Richard Kahn Henry and Hannay Wealth Management – Financial Plan Complimentary Financial Plan. Donated by Rob Hannay, Certified Financial Planner Potted Plant Arrangement Donated by Dawn McClatchy Lilly Pulitzer Family Game Night Donated by Busy Bee Lifestyle, LLC
STUART’S WINE ARBOR $20.00 per bottle The finest wine from vintages all around the world can be found in Stuart’s Wine Arbor. Covered in bags, to instill a sense of mystery and surprise, are a variety of wines. Purchase a bottle for $20.00 and take a chance that you might pick one worth twice that amount. All bottles are quality wines but some are worth more than others. So choose carefully and see what you get. 25
CLASS MASTERPIECES The 2012 Auction Team is excited to introduce Class Masterpieces to the Stuart community! Each class and grade has combined their artistic talents to create one-of-a-kind interpretations of iconic works of art by a variety of artists.
Here is a listing of the works of art offered in this year’s Silent Auction: Preschool and Lower School PS I: ( Judy Hill) Target by Jasper Johns PSII: (Carol Church) Sunset on Long Island by Georgia O’Keefe JKI: (Pat Jones) Pansy by Georgia O’Keefe JKII: (Aileen O’Shea) Mt. Fuji and Flowers by David Hockney K: (Heidi Echternacht) Donuts by Wayne Thiebaud 1C: (Stacy Cramer) Umbrella by Rene Magritte 1R: (Linda Rutherford) Lighthouse by David Hockney 2C: (Barbara Ann Cagney) Mickey Mouse by Andy Warhol 2H: ( Jennifer Harris) Still Life with Apples by Paul Cezanne 3C: ( Jennifer Cane) Still Life by Henri Matisse 3R: (Shannon Rangecroft) Still Life with Fishbowl by Henri Matisse 4F: ( Joyce Felsenfeld) The Melancholy Singer by Juan Miro 4M: (Ginny Moore) Sundaes by Wayne Thiebaud 5N: (Elena Nickerson) Alliums by David Hockney 5W: (Margaret Wilder) Ryder’s House by Edward Hopper
Middle School (by STR) 6S: Still Life with a Pitcher and Apples by Pablo Picasso 6T: Composition A, Composition with Black, Red, Gray, Yellow and Blue by Piet Mondrian 6R: A Bigger Splash by David Hockney 7S: The Long Leg by Edward Hopper 7T: Seven Suckers by Wayne Thiebaud 7R: Calla Lily by Georgia O’Keefe 8S: White Flower on Red Earth Wall Paper by Georgia O’Keefe 8T: Anteriums by David Hockney 8R: Alice by Amedeo Modigliani Upper School (by advisory) Baldwin/Cash: Still Life with Pygmy Parrot by Georg Flegel Green/Lonstein/Zhu: Strawberries by Auguste Renoir Camburn/Manzulli/Jones: Still Life with a Magnolia by Henri Matisse Simpson/Soos/Leach: Campbell’s Soup Can by Andy Warhol Day/Hoppenot/Fraczkowska: Calla Lilly by Georgia O’Keefe Driscoll/Testa: Sunflowers by Vincent Van Gogh Burk/Solomon/O’Gorman: Child with a Dove by Pablo Picasso Landis/Park: Vase and Flower Still Life (Artist Unknown) 27
To our Moms,
Youâ€™re simply the Beeâ€™s Knees! Thank you for all you do. With love,
Bob, Chris, Catherine, Wade, Austin, Emily, Anne, Annie, Nathaniel and Benjamin
PROUD TO SUPPORT
Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart
HUNTERDON HEMATOLOGY ONCOLOGY, L.L.C. Brian M. Quinn, MD • Kenneth B. Blankstein, MD • Myron Bednar, MD
HUNTERDON MEDICAL CENTER 2100 Wescott Drive • Flemington, NJ 08822 tel 908.788.6461
JIMMY DUFFY’S C AT E R I N G
weddings corporate events off-premise catering exclusive locations special events social gatherings preferred caterer for the lancaster quilt and textile museum
timeless classics. modern flare. fam i l y
Jimmy Duffy’s Catering is a thriving generational business—serving great taste since 1923.
67 610.647.0160 610.647.0160jimmyduffy.com jimmyduffy.com
Ira Cheifetz, DMD Specialty Permit #2786
Sean E. Bradley, DMD Specialty Permit #3714
Jonathon S. Sasportas, DMD, MD Specialty Permit #5053
Cory M. Resnick, DMD, MD Specialty Permit #6050
Mercerville Professional Park 2303 Whitehorse-Mercerville Road Mercerville, NJ 08619-1994 Tel 609-587-2900 Fax 609-587-1749 CDNJ Professional Plaza 63 Princeton-Hightstown Road, Suite 2A Princeton Junction, NJ 08550 Tel 609-716-4600 Fax 609-750-0321
5K RUN, 2012 In memory of memor y of’71 VictoriaIn Flournoy McCarthy
Victoria Flournoy McCarthy May ’71 19
Rain or Shine!
We’re on track to reach our goals of We’re on track to reach participation. our goals of $500,000 and record-high $500,000 and record-high participation. without We’reWe oncan’t trackdo toitreach ouryou! goals of Weand can’t do it without you! $500,000 record-high participation. We can’t do it without you!
The fund concludes June 30th and every gift counts. Thank you forJune your 30th support Stuart! The fund concludes andof every gift counts.
Thank you for your support of Stuart! Invest in Leadership Today. The fund concludes June 30th and every gift counts. Invest inthe Leadership Today. Please giveyou to 2012-2013 Stuart Fund Thank for your support of Stuart! Please give to the 2012-2013 Stuart Fund www.stuartschool.org/giveonline.com Invest in Leadership Today.
www.stuartschool.org/giveonline.com Please give to the 2012-2013 Stuart Fund www.stuartschool.org/giveonline.com
STUART JUNE 11 – AUGUST 24, 2012
SUMMER CAMPS & CLASSES FOR BOYS & GIRLS OF ALL AGES STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering & Math) Robotics • Build a Business • Math Camp Explorers and STEM Adventures Camp
Performing Arts • Fine Arts • Digital Arts
Math • Writing • French • Spanish
LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS CAMP STUART
Pre-School - Kindergarten
SPORTS CAMPS FOR GIRLS
Lacrosse • Field Hockey • Tennis Volleyball • Basketball • Soccer
Szaferman Lakind is proud to support Stuart Country Day School Of o The t Sacred Heart At Szaferman Lakind, we stay true to our profession, with sound legal advice, strategy and representation. In our work, we guide clients through difficult situations, developing creative, cost effective solutions for the challenges they face. Above all, we are true to our clients, bringing them the practical, real world approach to the practice of law they seek, especially in difficult times. We also understand that clients, often under great stress, need and deserve our compassion, respect and concern. That is True Counsel indeed.
Business Environmental Family Law Litigation Personal Injury
101 Grovers Mill Rd., Suite 200 Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 609.275.0400
Ask about our prices for our fancy fruit displays, vegetable displays, and ice carvings. We have all sizes for all size parties.
Mastoris caters to your every need! Tel: 609.298.4560 Fax: 609.298.8529 144 Route 130 Bordentown, NJ 08505-2291 www.mastoris.com
We are pleased to support Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heartâ€™s Annual Spring Auction & Gala Peter F. Kelly, Esq. 609.896.7655 | email@example.com 997 Lenox Drive, Building 3 Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-2311 www.foxrothschild.com California
District of Columbia
A Pennsylvania Limited Liability Partnership
Solutions that work. D2 Solutions provides interior design services to corporations and commercial real estate developers throughout the Mid-Atlantic.
2540 Renaissance Blvd., Suite 100 King of Prussia, PA 19406 (T) 610.238.0330 I (F) 610-238-0229 www.d2solutions.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Reward Reward yourself yourself with with the the BMW BMWof of Bridgewater Bridgewater experience. experience.
2012 BMW 3-Series 2012 BMW 3-Series
• Dedicated salesand andservice serviceteams teams with with a a passion • Dedicated sales passionfor forperfection perfection • One of the largest selections of new and pre-owned BMWs in New Jersey • One of the largest selections of new and pre-owned BMWs in New Jersey • Competitive leasing and financing on both new and pre-owned BMWs • Competitive leasing and financing on both new and pre-owned BMWs • 4 year/50,000 miles fully paid new vehicle maintenance program • 4 year/50,000 miles fully paid new vehicle maintenance program • 6 year/100,000 mile warranties on certified pre-owned BMWs • 6•year/100,000 mile warranties on certified pre-owned BMWs 40+ years of expert sales and service excellence • 40+ years of expert sales and service excellence
We have a passion for perfection.
We have a passion for perfection.
BridgewaterBMW.com BridgewaterBMW .com 908-287-1800 • 655 Route 202/206, Bridgewater, NJ
908-287-1800 • 655 Route 202/206, Bridgewater, NJ Just North of the Bridgewater Mall Just North of the Bridgewater Mall