u o h z ang
u G f o ool
e t a d p e Th U l o 4 o 1 / h 3 c 1 S 0 2 h c S h s i t i r B
Our Miss ion & Princ iples
School Mission To provide World Class Education Guiding Principles • To motivate our students to explore the extent of their intellectual and physical abilities. • To uphold the values of honesty, integrity and respect for others. • To provide a vibrant, happy and secure environment. • To recruit, retain and develop high calibre staff. • To promote the general good within our community. • To safeguard the long term development and reputation of our organisation.
Year 2 SAT Results 2013
K Acad ey Stag e1 emic Resu lts
100% 80% 60% 40% 20% 0% Maths
Students AT or ABOVE the UK national average Students ABOVE the UK national average Students who attained the highest level possible
- SAT exams are marked/moderated by curriculum specialists and represent a summary of the achievements of our Year 2 students. - Results shown include students who require English Additional Language support (typically excluded by many international schools).
Year 6 SAT Results 2013
K Acad ey Stag e2 emic Resu lts
100% 80% 60% 40% 20% 0% Maths
* GPS = Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling Students AT or ABOVE the UK national average Students ABOVE the UK national average
- SAT exams are marked/moderated by curriculum specialists and represent a summary of the achievements of our Year 6 students. - Results shown include students who require English Additional Language support (typically excluded by many international schools).
Key S Perfo tage 3 rman ce
Key Stage 3 Academic Performance 2012/13 3.5 3 2.5 2 1.5 1 0.5 0 Year 7
Year 8 BSG*
- The above results compare progress made by Key Stage 3 students at The British School of Guangzhou with UK average achievement figures.
IGCS E Re
IGCSE Results 2013 100% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 0% A/A*
5 x A*-C BSG
- The results noted above incorporate ALL students who sat IGCSE exams, including students receiving English language support (often excluded by many international schools).
esult s 201
84% A-C Pass Rate at AS-Level
6% 10% 39%
A B C
D E 16%
- These results were awarded to our current Year 13 students by the Edexcel and Cambridge Examination boards in June 2013. These students will be the first at The British School of Guangzhou to complete the full 2-year A-Level programme, with final examinations scheduled for the summer of 2014.
Form Sixth Life in
Sixth Form at The British School provides an academic bridge between school based education and University. We prepare our students by giving assistance and opportunities in a variety of areas. ü
ü ü ü
5 specialist UK qualified staff dedicated to Sixth Form careers advice and university application support. 1-1 academic mentoring programme for each student Silver & Gold recognition for the International Award (IA) Programme Up to 6 residential trips designed to promote leadership skills (costs included in tuition fees)
In 2011, BSG was awarded International Centre Status by the University of Cambr idge International Examinations. The school also obtained accreditation by the Edexcel Examination Board, allowing for an even wider range of subjects at IGCSE and A-Level. We are members of FOBISSEA and of COBIS, two of the most reputable affiliations for British Schools worldwide. From 2013 BSG has hosted a Cambridge English Assessment Centre with the opening of a Saturday English Academy.
Accr edita tions
Specialist Subject Teachers
Grow th in spec subj ialist ect t each e rs
50 40 30 20 10 0
- Figures include teachers who specialise in one particular subject encompassing areas such as the Sciences, Humanities, Mathematics, Physical Education, Drama, Music, Art and Languages.
Average Class Size % of Children receiving Additional English Support (EAL)
Students per Teacher Students per Teacher + Teaching Assistant Students per Computer
* Figure reflects average class sizes. However, with specialist subjects such as Languages and throughout the Secondary school, the average class sizes are typically smaller. ** Figure is inclusive of all students enrolled at the school aged 2 to 18 with devices such as iPads & E-Readers excluded.
l Rat ios
A Gr owin natio g nal S choo l
600 500 400 300 200
UK & Ireland
North America 12%
Australian/NZ Other European 9%
Hong Kong Korea
India&Pakistan Other Asian Rest of World
y t i l a n o i t a N n t w n o e d d k u a t S Bre
Over 50 nationalities are represented at the school.
12% UK China* Rest of World* 75%
y t i l a n o i t a N n r w e o h d c k a a Te Bre * Figures include specialist language teachers.
UK China 56%
Rest of World
t n a t s i s s A n r w e o h d c k a Te y Brea t i l a n o i t a
16 14 12 10 8 6 4 2 0 2009
- The figures above are noted in millions of RMB. In recent years, over 50 million RMB has been invested in facility improvements, academic resources, staff training and IT infrastructure.
ü Exceptional academic results achieved through consistent recruitment of top tier teaching professionals from the UK.
light s 201
ü Annual residential trip programme for all students aged 6 or over (costs included in tuition fees). ü After School Activity programme now operating 4 days per week (2 days for under 6s). ü Latest MacAir laptops provided to all students above 13 years of age free of charge. ü A personal iPad provided to all students aged 8 to 13 free of charge. ü Class sets of iPads, MacBooks, and laptops available to all age groups. ü Digital Library with 60+ Kindle E-readers and a choice of over 1000 hand picked titles available. ü Completely independent bus service for each campus with over 39 separate bus routes operating. ü 2013 summer projects completed include: - Additional classroom space and facility improvements for both campuses - Major new outside sports facilities - Indoor dance studio & exam hall - Purpose built music recording studio
The Summer of 2013 saw the British School of Guangzhou join the Nord Anglia Education family of premium schools.
With over 14,500 students worldwide and an international renowned network of education professionals on hand to support the growth of high performance learning, this affiliation is exciting for both students and staff at the British School of Guangzhou.
ntly e r r y cu Asia, l i m on fa cated in ca. i t a c er i Edu hools lo m a A i l orth Ang ium sc N d d r n o a N em The es 27 pr dle East d id inclu e, the M p Euro
hool of Sc
Nord Anglia Education is the leader in the international provision of high quality, innovative education, training and guidance. Founded in 1972, they have developed extensive experience of managing schools and working with governments to raise standards and improve educational achievement.
ly Fami Our
Nord Anglia Education