Design Corporate Identity
• • • • • • •
What is Logo Design ? History of Logo (Sign/Mark) Design Logo design development Journey Think before Logo Design Logo Design process Why logo need evolution Copyright process
• What is Logo Design ? A logo is not just a mark –
it reflects a business's commercial brand through the use of shape, fonts, colour, and / or images. A logo is for inspiring trust, recognition and
attraction for a company or product A logo is a marketing communication material,
representing your company from your business cards to promotional brochures, or a nationwide broadcasted TV commercial. Logos are the foundation of a company's visual image, a first-rate logo
design is Important. A professionally designed logo is a must for anyone who has a business or product that they want to promote via any medium.
• History of Logo (Sign/Mark) Design The name ‘logo’ may seem to have come into existence only in
recent years but in fact it has been with us all along the record of human history. Ancient Era Archeological survey shows that many early Greek and roman
coins bear the monograms or logos of rulers. This identity draw had started well
before any systematic written language evolved The word logo means a name, symbol or trademark,
which is designed for easy recognition.
• Logo design development journey The emergence of the information age changed the face of
logos and logo design. As per technology logo design trend chang Now when we look back to the last 5-10 years
we will see how logo designs have undergone changes in leaps & bounds. Some of the all time famous logos are: IBM, BMW, Mc Donalds, Nike, and Mercedes
• Think before Logo Design A logo must be describable - Combination (icon plus text ) - Logotype / Wordmark / Lettermark (text or abbreviated text) - Icon ( symbol / brand mark )
A logo must be memorable A logo must be effective without colour A logo must be scalable i.e. effective when just an inch in size Color & Shape is important in Logo
• Logo Design process The Design Brief Research and Brainstorming Sketching Conceptualising & Prototyping Send to Client for Review Revise and Add Finishing Touches Supply Files to Client and Provide Customer Service
• Why logo need evolution When you update or Re-Brand a great product to make it
an even better one Up to date with Scenario Stand
out and be refreshingly from different Competitor
• Tradmark - Register process Apply for registration Process of registration Time
period to get registration
CorporateIdentity • What is Corporate Identity • Concentration of design standard • Consistency follows • Corporate Communication Management • Corporate Identity Guideline Manual
• What is Corporate Identity Corporate visual identity plays a significant role in the way an organization presents itself to both internal and external market. In general terms, a corporate visual identity expresses the values and ambitions of an organization, its business, and its characteristics. The organisation wants to present itself as clear and comprehensible The organisation wants to symbolise its ethos, its attitudes and personality. The Organisaion wants to differentiate itself & its products from those of its competitors in the marketplace
Branding • • • • • •
What is Branding Name Find out the most suitable tool What it Takes to build a Brand ? Brand Ambassador Umbrella Brand
â€˘ What is Branding Brand is the proprietary visual, emotional, rational, and cultural image that you associate with a company or a product. When you think Air-tel, you might think telecommunication. When you think Amul, you might think of Milk products or "The test of India." When you think Sony, you might think "Electric Producs." The fact that you remember the brand name and have positive associations with that brand makes your product selection easier and enhances the value and satisfaction you get from the product.
â€˘ Naam me bahot kuch rakka hai...! A great brand name is one of the most powerful forces in branding, marketing and advertising. It is at once the story about what makes you different from your competitors and the emotional tug that connects you with your audience.
â€˘ What it Takes to build a Brand ? - Consistency - Product Performance - Service Performance - Advertising - Identify Customer Touch Points - Assess the Communication Need - Measure and Improve
â€˘ Brand Ambassador A brand ambassador a well-connected person or a celebrity who is used to promote and advertise a product or service. A company achieves some clear-cut goals by using a brand ambassador. It works out in building brand loyalty, as the consumer may have interest on that particular celebrity. So when he or she would see that celebrity on an advertisement, then that person could get motivated to use that product or service, as a respected person is involved.
â€˘ Umbrella Brand An umbrella brand is a parent brand that appears on a number of products that may each have separate brand images.
There is great beauty in simplicity. That which is simple is close to Truth.
Thank you Altaf Shaikh - Graphic Designer
Published on Aug 28, 2010
Published on Aug 28, 2010
Complete process of How to make logo, Logo Design Process, Tips for Logo Design, Corporate Identity process, and value of Branding