BUS 365 WK 4 Quiz 3 Chapter 4,5 - All Possible Questions To Purchase Click Link Below: http://strtutorials.com/BUS-365-WK-4-Quiz-3-Chapter-45-All-Possible-Questions-BUS3655.htm
BUS 365 WK 4 Quiz 3 Chapter 4,5 - All Possible Questions Chapter 04 Multiple Choice 1. Connectivity and mobility are __________ issues. a) 4G b) network c) Wi-Fi d) social media 2. 4G networks are __________. a) owned by Sprint b) based on satellite transmission c) hybrid analog networks d) purely digital networks 3. Why did the New Mexico Department of Transportation start offering passengers free public 4G WiMAX Internet to make public transportation more attractive to commuters? a) To assist with New Mexicoâ€™s goal to become a high-tech state. b) To improve traffic congestion conditions. c) To reduce pollution and smog conditions along the main traffic corridor in the state. d) To reduce the populationâ€™s dependence on gasoline. 4. What are the basic functions or needs supported by business networks? a) competitive advantage, decision support, and communication b) analog and digital c) mobility, collaboration, relationships, search d) circuit and packet switching 5. Networks transmit __________, which carry voice or data between a sender and a receiver. a) nodes b) routers c) signals d) switches
6. Plain old telephone service (POTS) and most wired telephone calls are transmitted, at least in part, over a __________. a) dedicated circuit that is only used for that call b) dedicated circuit that is shared by many calls c) packet circuit that is only used for that call d) packet circuit that is shared by many calls
7. When you send a file or e-mail message over a network, it is broken into smaller blocks called __________ that follow different paths from the source to the destination. a) circuits b) nodes c) packets d) switches 8. __________ is the throughput capacity of a network, which is a measure of the speed at which data is transmitted. a) Bandwidth b) Protocol c) TCP/IP d) Broadband
9. A __________ is a set of rules that govern how devices on a network exchange information and function in order to â€œtalk to each other.â€? a) bandwidth b) protocol c) TCP/IP d) broadband 10. __________ was created by the U.S. Department of Defense to ensure data integrity and maintain communications in the event of catastrophic war. a) Bandwidth b) Protocol c) TCP/IP d) Broadband 11. __________ is a general term that means fast transmission speed. a) Bandwidth b) Protocol c) TCP/IP d) Broadband
12. 4G technologies represent the latest stage in the evolution of __________ technologies. a) computer hardware b) software c) satellite d) wireless data
13. What is significant about 4G networks is that they do not have a __________, which both 2G and 3G networks do have. a) packet-switched IP system b) circuit-switched subsystem c) WiMAX standard d) GSM-based LTE subsystem
14. High performance __________ provide fantastic opportunities for mobility, mobile commerce, collaboration, supply chain management, remote work, and other productivity gains. a) IP networks b) Bluetooth devices c) W-Fi hot spots d) mobile handsets 15. When evaluating mobile network solutions, the factors to consider include all of the following except: a) easy to deploy, manage and use. b) always makes the best connection possible. c) works separately from other systems. d) enables secure and reliable communications.
16. All are factors contributing to mobility except: a) more robust mobile OSs and applications. b) vendor competition. c) multitasking mobile devices. d) overall increased speed of business. 17. __________ is a technology that allows computers to share a network or internet connection wirelessly without the need to connect to a commercial network. a) RFID b) LTE c) WiMAX d) Wi-Fi
18. All of the following describe WiMAX except: a) an 802.16-based broadband wireless metropolitan area network (MAN) access standard. b) can deliver voice and data services without the expense of cable. c) has shorter distance limitations than DSL and cable. d) does not require a clear line of sight to function. 19. Which is not one of the general types of mobile networks? a) Bluetooth b) wide area networks (WANs) c) WiMAX d) local area networks (LANs) 20. __________ are built by attaching a wireless access point (WAP) to the edge of the wired network. a) WLANs b) WiMAX c) Wi-Fi hot spots d) Base stations 21. __________ is key to success in everything from business partnerships to personal and professional relationships. a) Access to mobile networks b) Effective communication c) Real-time decision making capability d) The Internet 22. An enterpriseâ€™s network capability depends on all of the following except: a) proper planning. b) upgrades. c) open culture. d) bandwidth.
23. An enterpriseâ€™s collaboration capability depends on: a) proper planning. b) upgrades. c) open culture. d) bandwidth. 24. The __________ is critical because it provides the infrastructure for collaborative work within the company and with external partners and customers, regardless of their location. a) network architecture
b) enterprise portal c) social network d) wireless access point 25. Within an enterprise, the capability and willingness to collaborate depends on: a) a corporate culture that people trust. b) information and tools. c) authority to plan and make decisions. d) all of the above 26. What was a cause of the U.S. Customsâ€™ network crash at Los Angeles Airport (LAX) that stranded passengers for up to 11 hours? a) A new cutting edge network that had not been tested sufficiently b) A hacker attack c) Equipment breakdown and human error d) Power failure 27. Why had various information servicesâ€”namely documents, voice, and videoâ€”functioned independently of each other? a) They were transmitted using different protocols. b) For information privacy and security reasons. c) They were transmitted on circuit-switched networks. d) To minimize network traffic congestion. 28. Multiple networks were needed to transmit documents, voice, and video because: a) of limited bandwidth. b) of the lack of interoperability between devices. c) they used the same transmission protocol. d) outdated IP networks. 29. __________ refers to the ability to provide services to and accept services from other systems or devices. a) Protocol b) Broadband c) Interoperability d) Multimedia 30. The Internet protocol suite consisting of __________ is the standard used with almost any network service. a) HTTP b) WAP c) HTML d) TCP/IP
31. _______ is the single most popular network protocol in the world, and provides the architecture that made convergence possible. a) HTTP b) IP c) TCP d) FTP 32. In preparation for transmission, data and documents are digitized into __________ based on the Internet Protocol. a) bytes b) packets c) blocks d) routers 33. __________ are networks that are capable of transmitting data at very fast rates, but operate in a limited area, such as an office building, campus, or home. a) MANs b) Hot spots c) LANs d) WANs 34. TCP performs error checking, which can cause packet delivery delays. Because of the errorchecking process, TCP is not well-suited for what type of transmissions? a) digital voice or video b) data c) documents d) e-mail 35. __________ transmits voice and data in packets and has become one of the most cost effective ways to communicate. a) TCP b) UDP c) VoIP d) UM 36. __________ brings together all messaging media such as e-mail, voice, mobile text, SMS, and fax into a combined communications medium. a) Unified messaging (UM) b) TCP/IP c) IP telephony d) PBX
37. Which of the following is not a characteristic of wireless device software development? a) Developing software for wireless devices had been challenging because there was no widely accepted standard for wireless devices. b) Software applications have to be customized for each type of device with which the application communicates. c) Different CPUs, operating systems, storage media, and mobile platform environments create time-consuming porting and testing issues. d) Supporting different displays is simple because of the convergence of applications. 38. The Internet functions as the __________, and the Web (WWW) is __________ that runs on the Internet. a) transport mechanism; an application b) information architecture; a browser c); protocol; a search engine d) hardware; software 39. Which of the following is not a characteristic of intranets? a) Portals (gateways) that provide easy and inexpensive browsing and search capabilities. b) Company-owned networks that use IP technology to securely share part of a businessâ€™s information or operations with suppliers, vendors, partners, customers, or other businesses. c) With screen sharing and other groupware tools, intranets can be used to facilitate collaboration. d) Companies deliver policies, pay stub information for direct deposits, benefits, training materials, and news to their employers via their intranets. 40. Virtual private networks (VPN) are private tunnels in the Internet that are created by __________. a) content indexing b) usernames and passwords c) biometrics d) encryption 41. Several factors are driving the need for messaging and collaboration. All of the following are driving factors except: a) people need to work together and share documents. b) groups make most of the routine and easy decisions in organizations. c) organizational decision making is difficult when team members are geographically spread out and working in different time zones. d) nearly 87 percent of employees around the world work in remote offices. 42. Which of the following is a dysfunction of the group process? a) Social pressures of conformity can lead to groupthink. b) A group may produce synergy during problem solving.
c) Group members may have their egos embedded in the decision, and so they may be committed to the solution. d) Groups are better than individuals at understanding problems. 43. According to the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association, __________ is "a way of measuring the quantity of radio frequency energy that is absorbed by the body." a) RF rate b) carbon footprint c) radiation rate d) specific absorption rate (SAR) 44. __________ enable(s) anyone to call or share files for free, increases the connections in our lives, and create forces whose impacts are not yet known. a) VoIP b) Wikis c) WiMAX d) All of the above 45. __________ shows the power of the individual in the connected ageâ€”a better research tool than major corporations had in the 1990s. a) Facebook b) Google c) Microsoft d) eBay True/False 46. Transmission of a signal over a series of networks is made possible by switches and routers, which are hardware devices, and nodes on the network. 47. The distinguishing characteristic of packet switching is that once a connection is made between the source and destination, the path of the signal along the nodes is dedicated and exclusive. 48. Wireless networks use packet switching and wireless routers to forward packets from one network to another network. 49. Bandwidth is the throughput capacity, or speed, of a network, which depends on what protocol is used. 50. TCP/IP was created by the U.S. Department of Defense to ensure and preserve data security and control communications in the event of catastrophic war.
More Questions are Included...
Visit : www.strtutorials.com