Relationship Building Mistakes to Avoid With all this work and beneﬁts, there must be some potential pitfalls as well, right? People make plenty of mistakes, so watch out for these ten:
1) Not being personal. Don’t just talk about business. 2) Not being appreciative. Make a conscious effort to be grateful for things that others do for you. 3) Failing to be consistent. Treating everyone you meet the same way helps you come across as sincere and genuine. 4) Acting unprofessionally in bad times. If things go bad, be upfront about it and offer resolution. 5) Failing to admit your mistakes. Part of developing trust is showing that you know how to be accountable. If you mess up, admit to it. 6) Not being reliable. You can really offend someone when you’re not reliable. Don’t miss meetings, and don’t ﬂake on promises. 7) Loose lips sink ships. No matter where you are or who you are with, you are representing yourself, be professional and consistent. 8) Surrounding yourself with untrustworthy people. You’re going to be judged by the company you keep.
9) Keeping too many secrets. Be as transparent as you can, being unnecessarily secretive smacks of dishonesty.
1) Networking involves building and developing relationships over a period of time. Don’t go to an event expecting to generate new business instantly, but do expect to meet interesting people who may prove to be far more valuable to your business in the longer term.
Rina Sond & Catrin Mills Longmores Solicitors
© Craig Fordham
2) Having the right people doing the right jobs in front of the right customers is essential to growing your business.
10) Don’t forget the relationships with your current customers, too!
“Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need well before they realise it themselves”