Human Resources Consultants All too often keeping on top of employment legislation and managing the ever changing procedures and documentation required can prove both challenging and very time consuming. So wouldn’t it be good to know that flexible HR support is at hand? As part of the employment team, Victoria Blake and Sarah Turner are experienced HR professionals available to offer a wide range of HR advice to support clients’ current and future business objectives. Their expertise, combined with the support of the solicitors and partners in the legal team, provide you with a one-stop-shop to manage your HR responsibilities efficiently and you can rest assured that we will work sensitively and within the ethos of your organisation. We work with clients to provide bespoke solutions to meet their exact requirements, which can be telephone/email advice or on-site visits, in the following areas: u Recruitment
and Selection • Guidance and advice on all aspects of recruitment to ensure legal compliance in line with the Equalities Act 2010 • Reviewing and advising on contracts of employment • Advice on references and CRB/immigration checks
Handbooks and Policies • Review of current handbook, is it ‘fit for purpose’? • Review of policies
management • Analysis of current employees patterns • Looking at reasons for high absenteeism • Return to work interview • Assisting in management of short/frequent and long term sickness absence • Assistance with referrals to Occupational Health
Performance Management • Review current processes • Look at the key benefits for having a robust system in place
Issues • Assisting with capability meetings • Reviewing current work performance against expected performance • Assistance with drafting performance improvement plans
• Providing HR support through the process • Advice on how to carry out the investigation and with report writing • Advising on how to hold a disciplinary hearing and appeal hearing • Attending hearings • Assistance with the drafting of correspondence • Ability to carry out an independent disciplinary investigation, write the report and attend the disciplinary hearing as the investigatory officer u Redundancies/Restructures
• Project manage the timescales and meeting dates • Assistance with the drafting of correspondence • Assisting in the processes which may include attending and supporting management in difficult meetings both with employees and trade unions u TUPE
• Provision of documentation for each step in the process • Maintaining the correct timelines, in line with legislation • Support with consultation meetings with employee representatives/trade unions • Attendance at meetings with staff to provide them with information on TUPE u Trade
Union Relations • Both HR Consultants have significant experience in dealing with trade unions and can often act as an intermediary between the trade union and management.
- Providing bespoke training, examples of which include: • Handling disciplinary investigations and hearings • Managing effective staff appraisals • Capability and managing ill health absence • Recruitment • Employee engagement
Interviews • Review the current process, is it ‘fit for purpose’? • Carry out interviews on behalf of an employer • Analyse the information and suggest improvements to reduce staff turnover
If you would like to discuss how we can assist you with your HR requirements then please contact one of our HR Consultants, below:
• Provide advice on grievances raised • Attend grievance hearings and appeal hearings • Facilitate mediation meetings • Support managers and employees through the process • Support with implementing change following an outcome of grievance i.e. change in processes, training etc.
Victoria Blake on 01225 326759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Turner on 01223 451346 or email email@example.com.
We will work with you to ensure that the appropriate advice is available to you whether it be legal advice or HR support and assistance.