Page 13

Health and wellbeing

£299 million hospital

Health and wellbeing

Work on a £299 million state-of-the-art hospital in Wynyard could begin in less than 18 months. North Tees and NHS Foundation Trust are going ahead with plans for the £299 million hospital and have begun the search for a developer for the project. It’s envisaged the new hospital will provide 60 per cent of the services offered by the existing two University Hospitals of North Tees and Hartlepool. The remaining 40 percent of service will be provided in the community as part of the Trust’s Momentum Pathways to Healthcare Project.

It’s all part of the work the Trust is doing with the Clinical Commissioning Groups to improve community services - with the new hospital at Wynyard being the final piece of the jigsaw. North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust also plans to subsidise bus services from the Borough’s main towns over a 10-year period.

It will take just over three years to build the hospital which could open in late 2016 or early 2017.

It will take just over three years to build the hospital which could open in late 2016 or early 2017.

An artist’s impression of the new hospital PAGE 24

PAGE 25

Stockton News - Winter 2012  

The Winter 2012 edition of Stockton News

Stockton News - Winter 2012  

The Winter 2012 edition of Stockton News

Advertisement