www.hsse.org.uk or telephone 01962 857376
sponsorship opportunities with HSSE The Hampshire School for Social Entrepreneurs (HSSE) is an exciting and innovative venture that you can be a part of. What is HSSE? HSSE equips creative and entrepreneurial people to develop their skills for social benefit. Through a variety of learning opportunities, we support people who have drive and passion to set up innovative and enterprising ventures that address stubborn social issues. What can HSSE offer your business?
How can you be part of HSSE?
“Being a social entrepreneur is tough and we can only succeed with the right people around us…this is where HSSE comes in“
• PR and marketing opportunities - through your association with an innovative and charitable venture.
• Sponsoring a student.
Carolyn Barber, Take Five
• A way to strengthen the community and local economy in which your business operates.
• Staff development – by giving your staff time to get involved in supporting the HSSE, you can increase staff motivation and performance. • Networking – becoming involved with the HSSE offers a chance to network with a new sector, with the potential to develop new markets and partnerships. • An effective and enterprising way to fulfil corporate social responsibilities.
• Hosting HSSE sessions/events. • Mentoring a student.
Imagine an investment of £10,000 which can generate a return of over £200,000. Your investment, whether it is time or cash, will return its value several times over. HSSE is part of a social franchise model that works. There are currently eight SSEs across the country and the framework has existed since 1997. It costs approximately £10,000 to put a student through this programme. Research on their impact has shown that for each student venture, 3 – 4 jobs and 7 – 10 volunteering opportunities are created. Over 75% of ventures set up by the students are in still in existence.
“I never thought I could ever make a living out of this… it’s really working well for me now; everything is achievable providing I work hard at it” CHARLIE KALSI
Costs: 1. You can start to get involved with HSSE at no financial cost, through providing business coaching or mentoring support to a student, or through offering to host events and sessions. 2. The cost of sponsoring a student is approximately £10,000.
Using the 2010 Hampshire median average hourly wage, this means that each HSSE venture generates approximately £64,877 of paid work and the equivalent of £151,375 of volunteer time. Individual company turnover is additional.
Hampshire School for Social Entrepreneurs 01962 857376 email@example.com www.hsse.org.uk
development opportunities with HSSE
The Hampshire School for Social Entrepreneurs (HSSE) is an exciting and innovative venture. What is HSSE? HSSE equips creative and entrepreneurial people to develop their skills for social benefit. Through a variety of learning opportunities, we support people who have drive and passion, to set up innovative and enterprising ventures that address stubborn social issues.
“THIS YEAR HAS BROUGHT ME FROM AN A3 SHEET OF PAPER… TO A FLEDGLING CHARITABLE COMPANY“ Jennifer Beavis–Lacey, The Orchard
What can HSSE offer your business?
How can you get involved with the HSSE:
• Skills development – mentoring a new social entrepreneur can hone your staff’s business skills.
• Mentoring an HSSE student.
• Personal development – supporting disadvantaged parts of the community can increase motivation at work.
• Leadership and management development opportunities in partnership with HSSE.
• Market intelligence - engaging with the community that your business operates in can provide inside knowledge about that community. • Being associated with projects and causes that resonate with your staff can build team morale.
• Providing professional support e.g. marketing and ICT to HSSE students.
• Team building, creativity and innovation opportunities using the HSSE.
“I actua l lot of va ly got a lue f feeling p rom art of them”
Alex Shapland As a retired Partner of PwC, a leading professional services firm, Alex Shapland tentatively got involved with HSSE by attending a morning session with the 2011 student intake in Aldershot. He immediately saw how inspirational the entrepreneurs on the programme were and appreciated the dynamic way that the School helps to nurture its participants. Alex is now a part of the steering group for the School and regularly tutors the students.
GOT INVOLVED Simon Paine
Has led numerous businesses of his own and advised thousands of start-ups through his Director role with Business Link. Simon Paine feels motivated by mentoring HSSE students who want to create social change. He has become one of the students’ favourite experts, delivering sessions on enterprising spirit and getting to the core of what is needed to thrive as an entrepreneur.
p wake u d n a c “You ing an n r o m in the terday s e y , k n y thi g reall n i h t e som ant signific d – and I e happen t of that” r was pa
“I get talkin inspired b y g to peopl who e put t hand h e ‘I wan s up and s ir ay t to c h a ng some thing e ’”
Toni Shaw Toni Shaw is Chief Executive of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation and knows the type of impact these social entrepreneurs can make within their communities. Through her organisation she has not only been able to offer hands-on support to students and personnel, but contributes financially to the work of the School. Her mentoring experience of HSSE students is one of the things she looks forward to most.
ocal change makers Get involved
d with the most exciting local cha
makers Get involved with the mos
ers Get involved with the most exc
olved with the most exciting local
makers local change makers Get i
akers www.hsse.org.uk or Get invol
makers telephone 01962 857376 Get i
d with the most exciting local cha