2013 media information www.sportbusiness.com
LEADING the pack
The sports industry landscape is constantly evolving. Over the years, new events and leagues have sprung up and others have disappeared. Some sports have embraced a new commercial era whilst others have remained firmly committed to the virtues of amateurism. Sponsors and agencies have proliferated and consolidated and sport has regularly reinvented itself according to prevailing marketing trends. The broadcast landscape has transformed as digital media has revolutionised the sector, paving the way for unimaginable rights fees.
But, amidst the change, one thing has remained constant SportBusiness International. Since 1996 SportBusiness International has been at the heart of the global sports business community, mapping its changes and signposting the way forward. We are proud to be number one in the business of sport. Over the years we have reported and analysed the deals that have shaped the industry. Weâ€™ve profiled the personalities driving the business and introduced the technology that is fuelling the ongoing revolution. And we have consistently delivered essential insights into the trends, legislation and economic undercurrents that make the industry what it is today and what it will be tomorrow.
SportBusiness International still hosts the industryâ€™s most important debates. Our analysis is relied upon by the major players and our intelligence underpins some of the biggest decisions made in world sport. Our objective remains unchanged: to provide the best data, insight and analysis allowing our readers to spot opportunities and make the best business decisions possible. The business of sport is built on passion and commitment. They are the qualities that make sport special and the qualities that we share. That passion and commitment is reflected in the pages of SportBusiness International, making it the
Number 1 magazine and Number 1 communications platform for the global business of sport. Phil Savage, Publishing Director
delivers Our Coverage SportBusiness International delivers key data and analysis for the industry. Our authoritative editorial tackles the three key commercial areas in sport:
Sponsorship and sports marketing TV and media rights Major sports event bidding and staging. Every information-packed issue brings readers exclusive insights into the wide spectrum of emerging opportunities and threats. The extensive range of articles covers topics as diverse as second screen sponsorship activation, currency risk management and new broadcast channels, to winning major events, naming rights and smartphone apps for sport.
Why people read SportBusiness International every month • Up to date exclusive industry data: Top-20 sponsorship deals, sports TV audiences and ‘deal of the month’ • In depth analysis; we provide the story behind the numbers • Exclusive Headliner interviews with the biggest names in sport • Major events and bidders profiled • Important legal developments reviewed and applied • Sponsorship case studies and analysis • Best practice examples from leading sports and properties • New markets reviewed and opportunities unearthed
Our subscriber package • SportBusiness International Magazine • Exclusive supplements including: - World Class Sports Hosts - Sports Event Management, The Sportel Briefing from TV Sports Markets • Daily Newslines email • Mobile news, calendar and directory • Coming soon; online ‘Locker Room’ archive
to advertise with sportbusiness international 1. A verified monthly readership of 20,000 globally**. Other titles may claim more but we guarantee you the key audience in the business of sport 2. Delivered personally to and read by all IOC voting members 3. Read by the executives and decision makers you want to reach, working within: • IOC, FIFA, UEFA, RFU, NFL, ICC, IAAF, and all Olympic federations • International and National Sports Federations and NOCs • Clubs, teams and major sports leagues worldwide • Rights holders, event owners and tour organisers • Sponsorship decision makers from the biggest commercial brands • Corporate and private investors in sport – sport’s money men read SportBusiness International •B id cities and potential event hosts •B roadcasters, telcos and digital operators •M ajor sports venues, stadia, arenas, tracks and courses •S port universities and academic institutions •L egal bodies and NGOs like WADA, CAS, UNESCO • The European Parliament • Government and public sector stakeholders in sport
4. T he longest established magazine in the industry, the number one title in the business of sport and now in its 17th year
9. 78% of SportBusiness International subscribers have been reading the magazine for over five years. Our title has a loyal following of readers who are actively engaged in the business of sport
5. O ver 50% of our readership pays for their subscription. Readers value our content, keep their copy of SportBusiness International and will notice your advert
10. 7 6% of our readers are director level or equivalent high net worth individuals
6. A dditional distribution at key industry events this year comprising: • SportAccord International Convention Quebec • International Federation Forum Lausanne • Sportel Monaco, Asia and Americas • Global Sports Forum Barcelona • Soccerex Europe, Rio and Asia • Sports Marketing 360 London • City Events Lausanne • MSport Summit • Sport and New Media Paris • Peace and Sport Forum Sochi • International Sports Event Management conference and awards • SpoBIS and ISPO Munich
11. T he top people in the industry want to see themselves in SportBusiness International. Recent Headliner interviews include: • George Pyne, President, IMG Sports & Entertainment • Tony Hawk, one of the highest earning athletes in history, action sports icon and entrepreneur • Nasser al Khalifi, Chairman, Paris St Germain, President, Al Jazeera Sport • Ian Ayre, Managing Director, Liverpool FC • Hein Verbruggen, President, SportAccord • Eelko van der Noll, Global Director, Sport and Entertainment, AB Inbev • Paul Deighton, CEO, LOCOG • Gilbert Felli, Olympic Games Executive Director, IOC • Kevin Plank, CEO, Under Armour
7. Over 166,000 unique visitors visit www. sportbusiness.com every month with over 333,000 page impressions**. We have the audience that you want to reach
* validated by extensive readership survey ** URLSpy independent ranking
8. SportBusiness International is hand-delivered to readers in over 60 countries every month with many more reading online
testimonials Here’s what our regular readers and advertisers say about their experience of SportBusiness INternational
“SportBusiness International is a fantastic source of information with interesting and comprehensive news from the sport industry. Both the printed and online information plays a crucial role in making sure that we at FIFA stay up to date with goings on in the industry.”
thierry weil Marketing Director FIFA
“For FC Barcelona SportBusiness International is a highly respected magazine for the in-depth insight, information and analysis of the global sport sector. A great publication for anyone that calibrates the future development of the world’s major deals and intelligence reports within the business of sport.”
Laurent Collette Marketing Director FC Barcelona
“Covering all aspects of the business and offering each month valuable insights into specific geographic regions, SportBusiness International is a ‘must read’ for anyone working in our industry. With the article spectrum ranging from international news and commentary to in-depth features, it’s an insightful and inspiring read that I look forward to receiving each month.”
Philippe Blatter President and CEO Infront Sports and Media
“We recommend SportBusiness International to our clients because it touches all of the important aspects of the sports industry and is also widely recognised as a leading publication. It has a truly international approach and is relevant for all of our public sector clients”
Lars Haue-Pedersen Managing Director TSE Consulting
Display rates: per insertion Number of Insertions:
Inside Front Cover
Inside Back Cover
Outside Back Cover
Double Page Spread
£3,995 £3,695 £3,495 £3,195
£2,795 £2,595 £2,395 £2,195
Quarter Page Strip
£1,995 £1,795 £1,595 £1,295
Company Profile - A three page advertorial profile in SportBusiness International - from £6,000 Loose Inserts (less than 22gms, insertion only) £2,500 £2,250 £2,000 £1,750
Marketplace: Classified advertising Option
your brand with competitive rates
1. 45mm x 85mm Includes online directory listing
£1,485 £930 £585
2. 42.5mm x 45mm Includes online directory listing £880
3. Text listing only Includes online directory listing £350
All prices quoted are for full colour adverts (per advert) and are ex VAT US$ and d rates available and subject to currency flunctuations€
email advertising Advert
Price per week
Newslines Daily Top Banner
300 x 100 px
Newslines Daily Bottom Banner 468 x 60 px
Solus 'Third-Party' Email
£3,500 per email
online display advertising We have three sizes of adverts on SportBusiness.com. The banners and the button advert are priced on a monthly basis and are a shared position. Advert
728 x 90 px
300 x 100 px
Medium Rectangle (MPU)
300 x 250 px
*Targeting is available by Location of Visitor, User Domain (.edu .in .co.uk), Day and Time (publisher's/ visitor's timezone), Article Tags (Country, Area, Sector, Sport).
ONLINE With over 1.2 million visitors in 2011, SportBusiness.com is the number one website for the sports industry. Visitors from 221 countries speaking 159 languages return daily, to read the news, articles, and blog posts and make better decisions. They utilise Marketplace service containing the organisation directory, event and conference calendars, tenders, and a job vacancies page visited over 59,000 times.
online recruitment advertising With over 59,000 jobseekers during 2011, SportBusiness.com/marketplace/jobs is one of the best places to find high quality candidates quickly to fill high-level roles.
Job Listing £500
US$ and d rates available and subject to currency flunctuations
- get more from SportBusiness
SportBusiness is more than a magazine and we work with many in the industry targeting their specific needs through our portfolio of publications and services. SportBusiness works alongside many rights holders to help them achieve their commercial objectives. If you are looking for sponsors, considering how to monetise media rights or seeking future event hosts then SportBusiness can help. We can tailor a marketing and communications programme that will maximise exposure for your sport through a combination of editorial and advertising in SportBusiness International and editorial coverage across our portfolio of specialist publications and websites:
Sports Marketing Frontiers is our dedicated publication going to decision makers in sponsorship. Our exclusive “Up Next” column provides independent validation for your sponsorship offer and is a powerful tool for attracting new interest.
SportBusiness International features regular specials on events and event hosting. Our dedicated circulation to sports cities means it is regularly used to recruit future hosts.
TV Sports Markets is the world’s leading authority on sports media rights. Running your tender or showcasing your rights on our website or mobile app gives you access at the very highest level of sports broadcasting decision makers.
Every rights holder’s needs are different and our price offer will always reflect the specific requirements of our clients. Our long experience of working with sports federations means we have a keen sense of their financial pressures and budgets. To discover more about how SportBusiness can work harder for you, please contact a member of the sales team on +44 207 954 3479.
readership demographics by organisation
readership profile •O ur readers are the most influential subscriber base of any similar publication •S portBusiness International has 20,000 readers in over 40 countries •7 6% of readers are director level or equivalent high-net worth individuals •8 1% of readers are primary decision makers with budgetary responsibility •C opies are distributed personally to members of the IOC, ASOIF and Sport Accord •S ubscribers pay £279/$495/€349 for a 1-year subscription •O ur editorial is rated by as excellent or good by 94% of subscribers
• 83% of subscribers have been reading SportBusiness International for more than one year • Average of four readers per copy* • SportBusiness interactive delivers rich media advertising to influencer’s desktops • 88% of our subscribers describe us as informative, relevant, insightful, essential reading and entertaining • 99% say the topics we cover are interesting and relevant with 93% finding the coverage very high or good quality • 75% see the SportBusiness brand as part of the business of sport * 2011 readers survey
N America 5%
n n n n n n n n n n
44% Federations/Governing Bodies 20% Brands, Sponsors, Multinational Brands 13% Broadcasting 7.5% Agencies 5% Education, Training, Recruitment 4% Stadia Business 2% Professional Services 2% New Media, Technology 1.5% Event Management 1% Gaming
readership demographics by job function n n n n n n n n n n n n
22% Commercial Director, Director 15% Managing Director, COO 15% CEO, Chairman, President, Owner 8% Communications/Marketing Director 7% Marketing Manager 6% Head of Brand & Marketing, Events & PR 4% Secretary General 4% Head of Sponsorship, Sponsorship Director 4% Head Librarian, Information Manager 3% Vice President, Senior Vice President 3% Consultant 9% Other
S America 3%
& CANDIDATE CITIES - GAIN HIGH-LEVEL INFLUENCE Independent research shows that cities which host sports events gain enormous benefits as a result. Some host cities are clearly out in front and it is no coincidence that many of the leading players recognise the value that SportBusiness International adds to their campaign to attract major events.
Through a combination of editorial and advertorial features in SportBusiness International and our annual World Class Sports Hosts supplement we can showcase your
facilities, stadia and hosting capabilities City advertisers benefit from our dedicated circulation to IOC, NOC and sports federation decision makers. Distribution at SportAccord International Convention and City Events completes the picture putting you in personal touch with those who decide on future event hosts.
As communication goes increasingly digital, we also offer video solutions and the highest web traffic in the sports industry. By embedding your message digitally you can show sports event decision makers the kind of welcome they can expect in your city. Finally, every two years, SportBusiness gives out our Ultimate Sports Cities awards which showcase excellence in cities of all sizes. This ultimate accolade is recognised as a badge of greatness among sports hosts, rights holders and event owners.
To learn more about all the opportunities for aspiring hosts please contact a member of the SportBusiness sales team on +44 207 954 3479.
visibilitypackage Whether you are a new entrant keen to make a splash in the business of sport, or a company that is determined to grow in this exciting industry, a SportBusiness visibility package will help. We understand how the business works so have created three options tailored to your needs and budget.
Option A Platinum £2,950
Option B Gold £1,950
Option C Silver £1,250
• In-app exclusive category promotion on NEW Marketplace Directory app with additional three listings •H alf-page advertisement within SportBusiness International magazine •C lassified advert in SportBusiness International - large 7cm •O nline advertising – button advert (two months rotating) •P rint Marketplace directory – full page advertisement, up to three 1/6 page listings, up to 10 references in country and regional sections •O nline directory listing on SportBusiness.com •S portBusiness International subscription
• One month in-app category promotion on NEW Marketplace Directory app with additional three listings • Classified advert in SportBusiness International – large 7cm • Online advertising – button advert (two months rotating) • Print Marketplace directory full page advertisement, up to two 1/6 page listings • Online directory listing on SportBusiness.com • SportBusiness International subscription
•L isting on NEW Marketplace Directory app •C lassified advert in SportBusiness International – small 4cm •O nline advertising – button advert (one month rotating) •P rint Marketplace directory 1/6 page listing •O nline directory listing on SportBusiness.com •S portBusiness International subscription • Include Marketplace Directory App picture
To learn how SportBusiness can help raise your profile please contact a member of the SportBusiness sales team on +44 207 954 3479.
33-41 Dallington Street London EC1V 0BB UK +44 (0)20 7954 3515 www.sportbusiness.com firstname.lastname@example.org