Page 4

Older Person Shared Ownership Some shared ownership properties are built specifically for older people who may be looking to buy a smaller property as their current home is too big for them or is unsuitable for their needs. To apply for these properties you must be over 55 years of age and unable to afford to purchase a new home without some assistance. Contact our Customer Service team on 0300 100 0021 if you are unsure if you qualify. The scheme works in a similar way to shared ownership. You will buy a share in a new home. This share will range from 25% to 75%, depending on what you can afford. You can buy more shares as and when you can afford them - this is called 'staircasing'. A housing association owns the remaining share and you will pay a reduced rent on that share. As you buy more shares, you will pay less rent. If you chose to buy the maximum 75% share, you will pay no rent on the remaining 25%. You may also have to pay a service charge if, for example, the property is a flat with a communal area. Details of the rent and service charge payable for each property can be found by contacting the Housing Association who owns the remaining share or by searching for available properties on our website www.southwesthomes.org.uk. Please find below a list of developments currently being advertised through this scheme on our website.

56 Passmore Edwards Court, Liskeard, PL14 6AS 1 Bed, 3rd floor apartment From ÂŁ155,000 for 100% share Aster Homes, 01308 735480

The Beehive

Page 4

Publication2  
Advertisement