We wish you good health and all the best in the future.
Thank you for purchasing MICRO SONIC nebuliser. By buying MICRO SONIC nebuliser, you have chosen a high-quality, innovative device. During its development, particular attention was given to reliability, easy and convenient handling. This product was developed in conjuction with respiratory therapist for the successful treatment of asthma, chronic bronchitis, allergies and other respiratory disorders. Before using the nebuliser for the first time, please read through this manual carefully. If you still have any questions regarding its use, contact PRIZMA customer service at the address shown on the packaging or in this instruction manual. We will be pleased to assist you.
Table of contents 1. Safety precautions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 2. Content of the MICRO SONIC set . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 3. How to use power supply adapters . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 - with AC/DC adapter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 - with car cigarette lighter adapter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 4. How to prepare the nebulizer for use . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6
5. Inhalation of the medicine . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8
6. How to clean and disinfect the nebulizer . . . . . . . . . . 10 7. Troubleshooting and corrective action . . . . . . . . . . . . 12 8. Specification . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13 9. Guarantee conditions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15
1. Please keep this manual in a safe place. 2. The device is only to be used for the purpose described in this manual, that is for inhalation therapy. Any other use is to be considered incorrect and therefore dangerous; the manufacturer is not responsible for damage caused by improper, incorrect or unreasonable use of the device or if the device is connected to electric installations which are not in compliance with the safety rules use. 3. The following precautions are of utmost importance: - Do not use the device with anaesthetic substances which are inflamable when in contact with air or oxygen. - Before cleaning the nebuliser and/or carrying out any maintenance operation, disconnect the nebuliser from electricity by unplugging AC/DC adapter or car cigarette lighter adapter. - Only use the AC/DC adapter or car cigarette lighter adapter supplied by the manufacturer. - Do not use AC/DC adapter with plugs that are not suitable or in damp environments, such as the bathroom. - Always unplug the nebuliser after use. 4. Limit use to 30 minutes at a time, and allow a 30 minute interval before using the device again. 5. For type, dose and regime of medicine, follow the instructions of your doctor or respiratory therapist.
Contents of the MICRO SONIC set
4 5 6 1. Transport bag 2. Main unit 3. Child mask 4. Adult mask 5. Mouth piece 6. Medication cup 7 AC/DC adater 7. 8. Car cigarette lighter adapter
How to use power supply adapters MICRO SONIC can be supplied with electricity in two ways: â€˘ With AC/DC adapter (illustration 1)
â€˘ With car cigarette lighter adapter (illustration 2)
This system is very useful as it enables patients to benefit from the inhalation therapy during car journeys. 1. Make sure that car cigarette illustration 2 lighter can carry power consumption of 15 Watt. 2. Insert the plug into the cigarette lighter and connect the adapter to the connector of the nebuliser. Important: do not use the nebuliser while driving. Important:
Suitable for use at home or in places with electrical plugs. 1. Make sure that the voltage of the instalation corresponds to that of the AC/DC adapter; it is illustration 1 indicated on the label with the technical information attached to the transformer. 2. Insert the AC/DC adapter plug into the connector of the nebuliser.
How to prepare the nebulizer for use 1. Please be sure that the DC power cable is unplugged 2. Remove the mask or mouthpiece from nebulizer cover. 3. Lift the nebulizer cover together with the medication cup holder by soft drawing upward while holding two small bulges (illustration 3). 4. Fill the water tank either with tap or distilled water to the level of the plastic column (illustration 4). 5. Carefully mount the medication cup holder back onto the body of nebuliser (illustration 5). 6. Pour medication directly into the medication cup (illustration 6).
7 Mount nebuliser cover back 7. to the nebuliser body (illustration 7). 8. Depending on your choice mount either the mouthpiece or the mask to the nebuliser cover (illustration 8). 9. Plug the AC/DC adapter into an electrical outlet. 10. Insert DC plug of AC/DC adapter to the connector located on left side of the nebulizer. 11. Push the button ON (power light will illuminate) to start nebulisation. 12. When you want to stop operation push the button OFF. 13. Remove the AC/DC adapter plug from the nebuliser.
Inhalation of the medication
1. Place MICRO SONIC mouthpiece near your mouth and start inhaling using the button on the front. A blue light will show that the nebuliser is functioning correctly (illustration 9).
2. While inhaling it is important that the device remains in the upright position; this guarantees the proper functioning of the device and the effectiveness of the therapy (illustration 10).
3. Inhale the medicine as prescribed by your doctor. 4. When the output of MICRO SONIC is no longer constant, it means that medication is running out. Continue inhaling until the medication has run out completely; then switch off the device and clean the device as described in the following chapter. 8
IMPORTANT: The nebulizer can be operated continuously for 30 minutes. As with most inhalation therapy devices, also with MICRO SONIC, a small amount of medication will remain in the medication tank after finishing inhalations; this is perfectly normal. The amount of remaining medication - which is also called residual volume - cannot be nebulised. If you do not turn off the device after nebulisation, red light will appear, warning you on possible overheating. You should turn off the unit at that moment. The red light signalize that automatic protection of overheating is on and that you should wait for another 30 minutes before using the device again. If you immediately turn on the device and try to nebulise, it will not be possible as an automatic protection of overheating is on, not allowing to use the device until 30-th minute has passed (counting from the moment of turning off the unit).
How to clean and disinfect the nebulizer Note: if the device is not cleaned and disinfected correctly and frequently, micro-organisms may remain in the unit, causing risk of infection. The following items should be cleaned after each use:
medication cup, mouthpiece and mask. 1. Remove the mask or mouthpiece from nebulizer. 2. Lift the medication tank cover. 3. Wash the parts (not the main unit!) in a warm soapy solution (illustration 11). Rinse the parts in warm tap water to remove the soap residue. In this way following accessories can be cleaned: mouthpiece (1), medication tank cover (2), medication cup holder (3) and medication cup (4).
1. Mouth piece 2. Cover 3. Medicaton cup holder 4. Medication cup
4. Shake off excessive water from the parts and let them air dry on a clean, lint free (paper) towel. 5. Clean the main unit (illustration 12) and by wiping it off with a (moistened) gauze. Use a dry gauze to wipe the main unit dry. Do not use volatile agents, such as benzene or thinner.
7. Store the unit in a dry, clean place. Disinfection of the nebulizer
All parts can be disinfected by medical alcohol. Sink them all (not the main unit) into 70% ethyl alcohol (medical alcohol). Keep it that way for 1 minute. Shake off excesive alcohol from the parts and let them air dry on clean fabric (cotton towel). WARNING: Do not sink the nebulizer body into disinfection means. In this way following parts can me disinfected: mouthpiece (1), medication tank cover (2), medication cup holder (3) and medication cup (4). Disinfection procedure should be performed prior to first use and after long period of not using nebulizer.
6. Assemble the unit.
Troubleshooting and corrective action MICRO SONIC ultrasonic nebuliser contains no user-serviceable parts. If you believe your unit is not working properly, before you return it to home medical equipment provider where you purchased it or to PRIZMA, please take a few moments to check for these possible causes.
Unit does not generate aerosol
Aerosol output reduced (low)
1. No power to the unit
1. Ensure that there is power to the AC/ DC adapter or the car cigarette lighter adapter
2. No water in the water tank
2. Fill water tank with water to the required level
3. No solution in the medicine cup
3. Place the medication in the medication cup
1. Medicine cup worn
1. Replace cup with new one
2. Insufficient water level in water tank
2. Fill water tank with water to the required level
Approx. 1,0 ml/min.
Particle Size Range:
Medication Cup Capacity:
10 ml at the maximum Approx. 35 ml < 40 dB
50 x 50 x 170 mm
Note: Limit use to 30 minutes at a time, and allow a 30 minute interval before using the device again. This device fulfils the provisions of the EC directive 93/42/EEC (Medical Device Directive) and requirements for EMC (Electro Magnetic Compability) standard according to the IEC 60601.
Water Tank Capacity: Sound Level:
To be used only with Prizmaâ€™s AC/DC adapter: Model:
100-240 V~50/60 Hz/35Wmax
12V /2A/24VA 13
AC/DC adapter, car cigarette lighter adapter, mouth piece, mask, flexible tube, medication cup Symbol explanation: = type B
= Class II
- Warning: read the instruction manual carefuly
Manufacturer: PRIZMA, Kumanovska 8, 34000 Kragujevac, Serbia www.prizma.co.rs
Guarantee conditions The guarantee does not cover any of the following: - the packaging - damages of any kind including personal caused accidentally or from misuse.
This product is guaranteed by PRIZMA for a period of 3 years after the date of purchase. The guarantee will not be granted in following cases: - if you do not follow instruction manual strictly - if you open the main unit by yourself - if repair is done by an un-authorized person
Within the guarantee period PRIZMA will do checkup and complete repair action or replace failure unit within 5 days after the date of receiving unit from the customer. Claimed unit will be replaced only if accompanied by the original bill. The guarantee is not valid if not filled up and stamped at the moment of sale.
All delivery expenses for customer dislocated from our headquarter site are to be beared by the customer itself.
Ultrasonic nebuliser Notes: