MKT 421 Final Exam Guide 7 (Uop)
Click Here to Buy the Tutorial http://www.tutorialoutlet.com/mkt-421/mkt-421-final-examguide-7-uop/
For more course tutorials visit
www.tutorialoutlet.com 1) According to the text, marketing means:
2) Predicting what types of bicycles different customers will want and deciding which of these customers the business will try to satisfy are activities a firm should do as part of
3) Which of the following statements best describes the modern view of marketing?
4) Which of the following statements regarding marketing strategies is FALSE?
5) To compete more successfully with its many competitors offering packaged cookies, Famous Amos added its own line of extra chunky premium cookies. This seems to be an effort at:
6) Professional Dental Supply has been successfully selling dental instruments to dentists for the past 20 years, and has developed
strong customer relations. When looking for new marketing opportunities, Professional Dental Supply will most likely look first at
7) Which of the following is true?
8) The marketing mix 9) The four Ps of a marketing mix are:
10) Hewlett-Packard sells personal computers through specialty computer stores, electronics superstores, and its own Internet site. The marketing mix variable that is being considered here is:
11) When one considers the strategy decisions organized by the four Ps, branding is related to packaging as:
12) Big Fizz Co., a manufacturer of cola-flavored drinks, wants to add packaged fruit juices to its existing product line. Big Fizz must make some decisions regarding packaging and branding of the fruit juices. These decisions would fall under which variable of the marketing mix?
13) The main difference between a marketing strategy and a marketing plan is that:
14) A marketing plan is: 15) Which of the following is part of a complete marketing plan?
16) Good marketing strategy planners know that: 17) Marketing strategy planners should recognize that:
18) Target marketing, in contrast to mass marketing,
19) ______________ is the process of naming broad product-markets and then segmenting these broad product-markets in order to select target markets and develop suitable marketing mixes. 20) The process of naming broad product-markets and then segmenting them in order to select target markets and develop suitable marketing mixes is called:
21) Clustering techniques applied to segmenting markets 22) A ______________ is an organized way of continually gathering and analyzing data to get information to help marketing managers make ongoing decisions.
23) ________________ ________________ utilizes qualitative and quantitative analysis procedures to help marketing managers make more informed decisions.
24) Procedures that develop and analyze new information to help marketing managers make decisions are called: 25) Focus groups:
26) When focus group interviews are used in marketing,
27) Marketing research which seeks structured responses that can be summarized is called:
28) The marketing manager at Massimino & McCarthy, a chain of retail stores that sells men's clothing, is reviewing marketing research data to try to determine if changes in marketing strategy are needed. Which of the following sources of data would be a secondary data source?
29) A small manufacturing firm has just experienced a rapid drop in sales. The marketing manager thinks that he knows what the problem is and has been carefully analyzing secondary data to check his thinking. His next step should be to:
30) The attitudes and behavior patterns of people are part of the
31) Market segmentation:
32) Which is the first step in market segmentation?
33) The first step in market segmentation should be: 34) Which of the following is NOT one of the text's product life cycle stages?
35) The product life cycle:
36) Tom and Sally Jones are preparing to purchase a new car. He currently has a Toyota Camry and she has a Honda Accord. They now have two children under age 5, so they plan to trade in Sally's car to purchase a minivan. Sally and Tom decided on a Honda Odyssey because Sally is familiar with Hondas and thinks they are very reliable. In this purchase situation, Tom and Sally's family life cycle stage is a _____________ segmentation dimension, and the benefit Sally seeks (reliability) is a _____________ segmentation dimension.
37) During the MARKET INTRODUCTION stage of the product life cycle:
38) During the market introduction stage of the product life cycle:
39) Which of the following observations concerning the market maturity stage is NOT TRUE?
40) Advertising allowances
41) Price reductions given to channel members to encourage them to advertise or otherwise promote a firm's products locally are:
42) Noise (in the traditional communication process) refers to:
43) American Tourister, Inc.—a producer of luggage—is planning to introduce a new product line. The marketing manager is having her sales force call on retailers to explain American Tourister's consumer advertising plans, the unique features of the new luggage, how the distributors can best promote it, and what sales volume and profit margins they can reasonably expect. This is an example of:
44) A producer using very aggressive promotion to get final consumers to ask intermediaries for a new product has:
45) A producer using normal promotion efforts—personal selling, sales promotion, and advertising—to help sell a whole marketing mix to possible channel members has: 46) Which of the following statements about positioning is NOT TRUE?
47) Quality Ceramic, Inc. (QCI) defined five submarkets within its broad product-market. To obtain some economies of scale, QCI decided NOT to offer each of the submarkets a different marketing mix. Instead, it selected two submarkets whose needs are fairly similar, and is counting on promotion and minor product differences to make its one basic marketing mix appeal to both submarkets. QCI is using the 48) Positioning analysis 49) When a company grows globally, this is an example of: 50) A _____ is a market with very similar needs and sellers offering various close substitute ways of satisfying those needs.
51) Which of the following is NOT a trend affecting marketing strategy planning in the area of international marketing?
52) Which of the following statements DOES NOT indicate that a marketing manager is about to make a serious mistake?
53) Which of the following is a key trend affecting marketing strategy planning?
54) It is usually the _________ job, perhaps with help from specialists in technology, to decide what types of sales technology tools are needed and how they will be used.
55) Many Internet sites, such as Autobytel.com and Edmunds.com, have extensive information about the prices of new and used vehicles that anyone can use for free. In light of the availability of this information, what is the responsibility of consumers to use it?
56) Which of the following statements about ethical behavior in business is true?
57) The future poses many challenges for marketing managers because:..
Published on Mar 27, 2014
Published on Mar 27, 2014
MKT 421 final exam guide 7 MKT 421 entire course MKT 421 Week 1 Discussion Question 1 MKT 421 Week 1 Discussion Question 2 MKT 421 week 1...