Page 24

Southern New Hampshire University tion to enroll by submitting a deposit as listed below. Deposits for new and readmitted students are requested by and payable to the Office of Admission. • Commuter students: $300 deposit, which is credited to the student’s account. • Resident students: $500 deposit, of which $400 is credited to the student’s account and $100 is held as a housing security deposit.

Housing Security Deposit A housing security deposit is required of all students residing in university housing. The deposit is refunded when the student no longer resides on campus. The student’s account is charged for any damages as they occur and the student is required to pay for the damages in order to maintain the deposit at $100.

Refund Policy

Admission Deposit Refund Policy

Students receiving Federal Title IV Financial Aid (Federal Stafford, Plus, Perkins loans and Federal Pell or FSEOG grants):

September admission: The deposit is fully refundable up to May 1. After May 1, deposits are not refundable. January admission: Deposits are not refundable. Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to the director of admission.

Returning Student Refund Policy A maximum of $100 is non-refundable. See section regarding Withdrawal from Southern New Hampshire University.

Payment of University Bills Full payment of tuition and fees or participation in the TMS payment plan is required by the semester’s payment due date. Any student not paid in full by the semester’s payment due date will be assessed a late payment fee of $150 and the student’s class schedule may be dropped. Fall semester charges are due by August 1, 2009. Spring semester charges are due by January 1, 2010. Unpaid balances may be subject to collection fees. The net balance due on a student account consists of tuition and fees less the net amount of financial aid to be posted. Balances, which result from unpaid financial aid (for any reason), are the student’s responsibility to pay. All students must sign a promissory note agreeing to the terms and conditions as set forth by Southern New Hampshire University. Unpaid balances will be subject to finance charges. Student financial accounts must be settled in one of the following ways: a. Paid in full and received by the Student Administrative Services office before the semester’s payment due date (cash, check, money order, VISA, Discover and MasterCard accepted) or: b. Enrolled in the contracted payment plan offered through Tuition Management Services (TMS). Participation is defined as TMS having received the first payment and enrollment fee before the semester’s payment due date. TMS is an independent payment plan company that is authorized by Southern New Hampshire University to make payment contracts and 22

receipt payments on the university’s behalf. There is an enrollment fee to open a contract. Contact TMS directly to open a contract (800.722.4867) or Finance charges will not accrue on your student account provided your payment contract is in good standing. You will be responsible to make any necessary adjustments to your payment contract in order to settle your account in full with SNHU any account balance not contracted with TMS is due and payable immediately to SNHU. Students who withdraw from the university (see Withdrawal from Southern New Hampshire University) will be entitled to a refund according to the policy listed below that applies to their situations. This policy is also applicable to part-time undergraduate day school students.

Students who withdraw before they have attended 60 percent of any particular academic term may need to have a portion of the federal financial aid canceled. These funds would then be returned to the lender (for loans) or to the U.S. Department of Education (for federal grants). The percentage of federal financial aid “earned” (allowed to keep) is based on the amount of time a student attends in that term and is calculated using the Federal Return to Title IV funds formula provided by the U.S. Department of Education. If a student withdraws after they have attended 60 percent of an academic term, they have earned 100 percent of the aid awarded for that term and there is no cancellation of aid. In some instances, if a student has taken a credit refund from financial aid funds and then withdraws, these funds may need to be paid back to federal aid sources. The Financial Aid Office will make notifications in writing if this occurs. Institutional financial aid may also be canceled during the withdrawal process based on adjustments to charges and federal financial aid. Students will have all refunds processed within 30 days of the notification of withdrawal. Southern New Hampshire University complies with all federal refund requirements. Tuition, fees, room and board are canceled/reduced based on the following schedule for standard day school students: Tuition and Room charges: • 100 percent refund before the first day of class. • 90 percent refund through the first 10 percent of the term. • 50 percent refund from 10 to 25 percent of the term. • 25 percent refund from 25 percent of the term through 50 percent of the term. • No refund after 50 percent of the term has elapsed. Fees: No refund after the first day of class for student activity fees.

SNHU Undergraduate Catalog 2009-2010  
SNHU Undergraduate Catalog 2009-2010  

Southern New Hampshire University 2009-2010 Undergraduate Catalog