CONTEST SUMMARY 1. 2. 3. 4.
5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
Go to www.facebook.com/smartalternativesmagazine and click like. Submit your photo to email@example.com from September 5, 2011 to September 20, 2011. Entry photos will be uploaded on Smart Alternatives Facebook on September 21, 2011. Promote your photo entry by asking your Facebook friends to like Smart Alternatives Facebook page before they can vote for your entry. Voting of entries will start on September 21, 2011 (right after the photos are posted) and will end on October 16, 2011; 12:00 Midnight. 10 entries with the most number of likes will be eligible to win the grand prize. The 10 final entries will be screened by a panel of judges. Criteria for the judging are as follow. 50% Creativity 30% Originality 20% Overall appeal. There will be a declared one winner and 2 runner-ups. are final.
CONTENT SUBMISSION AGREEMENT 1. The theme for the photo con entry must reflect the theme of the contest. 2. The photo must include a single person/subject. Person that is not of legal age must have consent from a parent/guardian when submitting an entry. You may not enter or win if you are a professional photographer/model. The company considers you to be a professional if you make more than 50 percent of your income from photography/modeling. The person on the photograph should not have an existing modeling contract from any modeling/talent agencies prior and during to the contest duration. 3. Smart Alternatives Magazine Current Issue (August/September 2011 featuring Aljur Abrenica on the cover) must be included in the entry, may it be an accessory, prop or support item to the photograph. You can get a copy from your nearest FULLYBOOKED outlets. 4. rtical or horizontal orientation) 300 dpi or higher. No photograph with smaller size and resolution will be accepted in the contest.
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES These Rules ask you to give us the right to display your work. We want you to have the opportunity to display your work, but please, do not submit any photographs that belong to
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST.
2. Who Can Enter? In order to enter you must be a natural person and be age 14 or older. If you are under the age of 18 you must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian and they must have approved of and consented to you entering the Contest, submitting your photograph, and being bound by the Official Rules and Policies applying to the Contest. You may not enter or win if you are a professional photographer/model. The company considers you to be a professional if you make more than 50 percent of your income from photography/modeling. The Company also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify you if you (a) tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest; (b) act in an unsporting or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy or harass another person; or (c) are otherwise in violation of these Official Rules or the Policies. Any attempt by you to commit any such acts of misconduct also may be a violation of civil and criminal law, and the Company reserves the right to seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. How Do I Enter a Photograph? the Smart Alternatives Official Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/smartalternativesmagazine). Once you liked Smart Alternatives Official Facebook Page, you will be required to submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your name, address, e-mail address and contact details. the e-mail subject. Additional information such as title, brief description of the photograph must also be indicated in the entry. You must provide all information requested and comply with any technical requirements for submitting your photo, such as format and resolution. You may enter only one photograph.
4. What Photographs Can I Enter? You may enter any of your original photographs, provided that you are the owner of all copyrights in the entered photograph. Any photographs entered in the Contest by you must accurately and fairly depict the subject and the theme thereof. You may not enter images that combine the elements of more than one photograph, nor can you enter photographs that have been digitally altered in any way. Cropping and minor burning, dodging, color correction, and minor enhancements (e.g. removal of pimples and the likes)
You may not enter a photograph or description that contains any obscenity, defamatory statements, or other offensive or objectionable content. If your photograph does not meet all size, formatting, content and other specifications it will not be eligible to win. By entering a photograph in the Contest, whether or not it is eligible to win, you also are submitting the photograph and its accompanying description to the Company review and approval pursuant to its Content Submission Agreement. In particular, in order to display your photograph on Smart Alternatives Official Facebook page, you will be granting the company a royalty free, worldwide nonexclusive, and non-terminable, perpetual license to display your photograph on Smart Alternatives Official Facebook page. You, however, will retain ownership of all copyrights in your photograph. You will be required to indicate your review and acceptance of Content Submission Agreement as a condition of entering your photograph in the Contest. If this is not acceptable, do not attempt to enter your photograph.
5. When Can I Enter? The Contest will run during the time frame mentioned in the Contest Summary. You must enter your photographs during that time frame. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. When Will Winners Be Announced? Winners will be announced and their photographs displayed on Smart Alternatives Official Facebook Page on or before the date indicated on the Contest Summary.
7. What Prizes Will Be Awarded? The First Prize Winning Photo Entry will receive 3 Days / 2 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Boracay (Pearl of the Pacific Boracay, Station One worth P20,000) and P4,000 worth of Gift certificates (P2,000 worth of dental services from Dental First and P2,000 worth of human hair extensions from Hair Manila). The photographer of the winning entry will be given the opportunity to shoot a Fashion or Beauty Editorial (of 4+pages) that will be published in an issue of Smart Alternatives Magazine. The model of the winning entry also, will be given the opportunity to model for the Fashion or Beauty Editorial, also to be published in the future issue of Smart Alternatives Magazine. In addition, the photographer will be given the opportunity to supply their photographs to support the articles that will be published in the future issues of Smart Alternatives Magazine. The model also, will be given the opportunity to model for support photographs for the articles, also to be published in the future issues of Smart Alternatives Magazine. The First (1 st) Runner-Up Photo Entry will receive P6,000 worth of Gift certificates (P3,000 worth of dental services from Dental First and P3,000 worth of human hair extensions from Hair Manila). The Second (2 nd) Runner-Up Photo Entry will receive P4,000 worth of Gift certificates (P2,000 worth of dental services from Dental First and P2,000 worth of human hair extensions from Hair Manila). The photographers (both 1 st and 2 nd) of the runner-up entries will be given the opportunity to supply their photographs to support the articles that will be featured and published in the future issues of Smart Alternatives Magazine.
The models (both 1 st and 2 nd) of the runner-up entries also, will be given the opportunity to model for support photographs for the articles, also to be published in the future issues of Smart Alternatives Magazine. The remaining Seven (7) Final Entries will receive P1,000 worth of GCs (Dental Services from Dental First). The photographers (of the 7) Final Entries will be given the opportunity to supply their photographs to support the articles that will be featured and published in the future issues of Smart Alternatives Magazine, as
The models (of the 7) Final Entries also, will be given the opportunity to model for support photographs for the articles, also to be published in the future issues of Smart Alternatives Magazine, as per the
8. How Will My Photograph Be Judged? The Company also will determine the finalists by the number of likes from Facebook users received by an entry. Ten (10) entries who have the most numbers of likes will automatically be the finalists. The finalists in the Contest will be judged by the Company based on (a) Creativity (b) Originality, and (c) photographic quality (factors such as composition, perspective, exposure, and lighting that evidence technical skill in taking and Acceptable Editing of the photograph). All evaluations of eligible photographs and the application of those factors shall be conducted by the Company in accordance with its sole discretion and judgment. Its decisions in selecting the winning photographs will be final.
9. What Happens If I Am A Winner? Winning photographs will be posted on Smart Alternatives Official Facebook Page. The finalists will be notified thru the Smart Alternatives Official Facebook Page on or before the date mentioned in the Contest Summary. If you are a winner, you will be required to confirm your identity and the other personal information you provided when you entered. You may be required to confirm or provide additional details concerning the circumstances under which your photograph was taken and to provide proof of ownership and releases from any identifiable person depicted in the photograph.
10. What Am I Agreeing to By Entering a Photograph? By entering the Contest you represent and warrant to the Company that: (i) you meet all eligibility requirements of the Contest; (ii) all information provided and representations made by you in entering the Contest are true and correct; (iii) that you have and will comply in all respects with these Official Rules (including the Policies, and all statutes, orders, regulations, and other laws applicable to the Contest); and (iv) any photographs entered by you consist entirely of your own original work in which you hold all necessary rights, including without limitation copyrights, trademark rights, and rights of publicity. The Company may want to promote the winners of our Contest. By entering the Contest you also acknowledge and agree that your entry becomes available for display by the Company. You also grant to Smart Alternatives Magazine the right to use and publish your name, likeness, photo, and photo title and description, both electronically (for example, on the Internet) and in print, in connection with the Contest at any time, except to the extent prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, you further acknowledge and agree that the Company may use, without additional compensation, your name, likeness, photo, and photo title and description, for purposes of advertising, trade, and promotion, except to the extent prohibited by law. The Company also reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information submitted by you, in any manner permitted by the Policies.
By entering the Contest, you also release and hold harmless the Company, its advertising and promotion agencies, the prize manufacturers, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from any and all damages, losses, liabilities, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or resulting from: (i) any violation by you of these Official Rules (including the Policies, and all statutes, orders, regulations, and other laws applicable to the Contest); (ii) the Contest, your entry in the Contest, or photographs entered in the Contest; (iii) your acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize; (iv) any incorrect, incomplete, or garbled information caused by any technical or human error that may occur in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation printing or typographical errors in any Contest materials; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions (errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, online system, server, or other communications equipment or provider; (vi) any failure of e-mail on account of Internet traffic congestion or otherwise (proof of transmission does not constitute proof of delivery); and (vii) any entry, e-mail, or other material or correspondence that has been tampered with or that is stolen, misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, nonconforming, ineligible, or damaged. ALL PRIZES ARE GIVEN AWAY BY THE COMPANY "AS IS." THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT), WITH REGARD TO ANY PRIZE(S) OR PORTION(S) THEREOF. ALL PRIZES ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND NOT CONVERTIBLE TO CASH. The prizes are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Prize Provider indicated on the said certificates. The Company will give the Gift Certificates as is and will not be responsible to the processing of the said prizes.
11. Can the Company Change the Rules of the Contest? The Company intends to conduct the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules (including the Policies, and all statutes, orders, regulations, and other laws applicable to the Contest). It reserves the right, however, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest at any time. If, at any time, the Company is unable to operate the Contest as planned (e.g., without limitation, due to financial or administrative difficulties, or due to fraud or technical failures such as a computer virus, bug, or other form of unauthorized intervention that corrupts the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest), Think Green Media Solutions may, in its sole discretion, suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest, or to refuse to award any or all prizes to photographs that fail to meet editorial policies. Should the Contest ever be suspended, modified, or terminated, notice will be given on the Smart Alternatives Official Facebook Page. The Company also will make good faith efforts to continue the Contest after any suspension and to award prizes based on entries received prior to any termination of the Contest. If any part of these Official Rules or the Policies is held to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of Think Green Media Solutions, and the remaining parts of these Official Rules and Policies will remain in full force and effect. By signing this document, you agree upon and abide the Contest Official Rules.Signed: ____________________________ Signature above Printed Name
PLEASE SEND THIS DOCUMENT AFTER READING & SIGNING TO email@example.com THANKS FOR JOINING!