24 2006 8 12 21 56 5:56 AM
gum from hair or clothes.
491. The sport of surfing originated in Hawaii.
492. The largest hotel in the world is the MGM Grand, which has 5,034 rooms and is located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
493. Astronauts get taller when they are in space.
494. Because of its enormous size, the Pentagon operates much like a small city; it has its own shopping mall, power plant, water and sewage facilities, medical clinic, fire station, police force and a mayor.
495. 98% of houses in the United States have at least one television set.
496. It cost the soft drink industry $100 million a year for thefts committed involving vending machines.
497. Caterpillar means "hairy cat" in Old French.
498. An artist from Chicago named Dwight Kalb created a statue of Madonna made out of 180 pounds of ham.
499. In 1924, Kleenex tissues were originally designed as a cold cream remover.
500. The cost to build the Empire State Building was $40,948,900.
Page 49 of 49