24 2006 8 12 21 56 5:56 AM
396. Since the United Nations was founded in 1945, there have been 140 wars.
397. The sex of a baby crocodile is determined by the temperature in the nest and how deeply the eggs are buried.
398. A man filed a lawsuit against his doctor because he survived longer than what the doctor had predicted.
399. At 120 miles per hour, a Formula One car generates so much down force that it can drive upside down on the roof of a tunnel.
400. Almost 425,000 hotdogs and buns, 160,000 hamburgers and cheeseburgers were served at Woodstock '99.
401. The most valuable painting made by a female artist is "In the Box," painted by Mary Cassatt. It was sold for $3.67 million at Christie's in New York City.
402. On average, Americans move to a new place eleven times in their lifetime.
403. Just by recycling one aluminum can, enough energy would be saved to have a TV run for three hours.
404. Abdul Kassam Ismael, Grand Vizier of Persia in the tenth century, carried his library with him wherever he went. Four hundred camels carried the 117,000 volumes.
405. During the Gold Rush in 1849, some people paid as
Page 40 of 49