24 2006 8 12 21 56 5:56 AM
276. The first subway system in America was built in Boston, Massachusetts in 1897.
277. The slowest growing finger nail is on the thumb nail and the fastest growing is the finger nail on the middle finger.
278. The hog-nosed skunk can spray up to fifteen feet with incredible accuracy.
279. In 1992, the Antarctic Ozone hole was larger than the continent of North America.
280. An olive tree can live up to 1500 years.
281. An acre of trees can remove about 13 tons of dust and gases every year from the surrounding environment.
282. Bugs Bunny was originally called "Happy Rabbit."
283. Construction on the White House began in October of 1792.
284. In 1983, a Japanese artist, Tadahiko Ogawa, made a copy of the Mona Lisa completely out of ordinary toast.
285. A mole can dig a tunnel three hundred feet long in a single night.
286. Romans used to believe that walnuts could cure head ailments during the Renaissance, since their shape was similar to that of a brain.
Page 29 of 49