24 2006 8 12 21 55 5:55 AM
215. There are only four words in the English language which end in "-dous" tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
216. Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A."
217. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
218. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
219. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
220. In most advertisements, including newspapers, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
221. Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
222. The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "It’s a Wonderful Life".
223. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
224. A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
225. It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
226. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
Page 23 of 49