24 2006 8 12 21 55 5:55 AM
135. Bill Gates began programming computers at age 13.
136. The Bible was written by over 40 authors over a period of 1500 years.
137. Actor Richard Gere was considered to play the role of John McClane in the movie Die Hard. Bruce Willis played the part instead.
138. Australia has had stamps that actually look like gems. In 1995 and 1996 they used a special technology to make the stamps look like diamonds and opals.
139. Director George Lucas had trouble originally getting funding for Star Wars because most studios thought most people wouldn't bother seeing it.
140. Orville Wright, a pilot, was involved in the first aircraft accident. His passenger, a Frenchman, was killed.
141. The United States produces enough plastic film annually to cover the entire state of Texas.
142. The Great Comet of 1843 had a tail that was over 300 kilometers long.
143. In Israel, religious law forbids picking your nose on Sabbath.
144. The largest diamond that was ever found was 3106 carats.
Page 15 of 49