24 2006 8 12 21 55 5:55 AM
116. A cubic yard of air weighs about 2 pounds at sea level.
117. Water expands 9% when it is frozen.
118. If someone was to fly once around the surface of the moon, it would be equal to a round trip from New York to London.
119. The average day is actually 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09 seconds. We have a leap year every four years to make up for this shortfall.
120. Davao City, located at the Southern state of Philippines, is the largest city in the world in terms of area.
121. The Canadian province of New Brunswick had a bloodless war with the US state of Maine in 1839.
122. In Afghanistan, only 25% of the total population has access to clean water.
123. The USA Forest Service has built more than 360,000 miles of various kinds of roads in national forests -- or eight (8) times the entire length of the U.S. interstate highway system.
124. A pig’s orgasm lasts up to 30 minutes.
125. The loudest insect in the world is the male cicadas, which are like crickets. When they rub their abdomens, the sound made can be heard from 1300 feet.
Page 13 of 49