Friends 9-‐18 1. Pitch in (with somebody/ something) : to join in and help with an activity, by doing some of the work or by giving money, advice, etc We all pitched in $10 to buy her a gift.
2. Pool sth. to collect money, information, etc. from different people so that it can be used by all of them. The students work individually, then pool their ideas in groups of six.
3. Gremlin an imaginary creature that people blame when a machine suddenly stops working
4. Sense the tone to examine words and moods for a clue as to sb's thoughts
5. Psychic seeming to have strange mental powers and to be able to do things that are not possible according to natural laws. She claims to be psychic and helps people to contact the dead.
6. Carcass the dead body of an animal, especially of a large one or of one that is ready for cutting up as meat She boiled up the chicken carcass to make soup.
7. Skittish easily excited or frightened and therefore difficult to control Susan gets skittish when it comes to her favorite k-‐pop star.
8. I beg to differ used to say politely that you do not agree with something that has just been said
‘At least she is good at her job.’ ‘Oh, I beg to differ.’
9. Come around (to something) to change your mood or your opinion He'll never come round to our way of thinking.
Quizzes 1. Does Rose really want to invest if he wins the lottery? Why and why not? 2. Are ‘’boo-‐hocky’’, ‘’gosh darn it’’ and ‘’brother pucker’’ really words in use of daily life? The purpose of these words. 3. What does Chandler means by saying ‘’Eats own arm’’ of the headline in the newspaper?