Page 1


vita sites Community Action Program (CAP)

Representative Tom Creighton

601 S. Queen Street Lancaster, PA 17608

47 Market Square Manheim, PA 17545

Franklin and Marshall College

Ephrata Public Library

600 Block of College Ave Lancaster, PA 17603-2827

Spanish American Civic Association (SACA) 452 South Duke Street Lancaster, PA 17602

Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services 150 Farmington Lane Lancaster, PA 17601

550 South Reading Road Ephrata, PA 17522

Ephrata Area Social Services

Trinity Lutheran Church

American Red Cross

1555 Highlands Drive Lititz, PA 17543

If you made $50,000 or less

Calvary Homes

Lititz Senior Center

433 South Kinzer Ave New Holland, PA 17557

Tax Preparation

1641 Philadelphia Pike Lancaster, PA 17602-2690

Garden Spot Community Center

One Alpha Drive Elizabethtown, PA 17022

Representative John Bear

Harrisburg Area Community College (Lancaster Campus)

502 Elizabeth Drive Lancaster, PA 17601

31 South Duke St Lancaster, PA 17602

70 South Poplar Street Elizabethtown, PA 17022-2150

357 Buck Road Quarryville, PA 17566-9703

227 North State St Ephrata, PA 17522

Elizabethtown College

Elizabethtown Senior Center

Quarryville Library


201 East Market Street Lititz, PA 17543

Columbia Presbyterian Church 360 Locust Street Columbia, PA 17512

430 West Orange St Lancaster, PA 17603

Appointment Days & Times Vary By Site

Call 717.291.LINC(5462) or Dial 2-1-1 to learn more and schedue your FREE appointment

It’s Your Money, You

Earned It. We’ll Help You

Claim It.

United Way of Lancaster County

What We Do!

Who can qualify for free tax prep?

The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program provides free tax preparation services to individuals and families. IRS Certified volunteers are trained to prepare your taxes for free as well as recognize when valuable credits are available to you.

You qualify to have your taxes prepared free of charge at our VITA locations if in 2011: • Your total household income was $50,000 or less

VITA may be able to help put hard-earned money back into your pocket in the form of tax refunds and tax credits. The free service saves taxpayers the expense of professional tax preparation services, which average about $200. Last year, VITA helped local taxpayers get back more than $2.2 million in tax refunds and credits. Most people who make less than $50,000 qualify.

What does this mean to you? For those earning less than $50,000, we offer 18 different tax preparation sites across Lancaster County. Each has trained volunteers who are eager to help you complete your 2011 federal, state and local tax returns for free. They will also help you determine if you are eligible to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and help to get you the maximum refund possible.

Earned income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than: • $43,998 ($49,078 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children • $40,964 ($46,044 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children • $36,052 ($41,132 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child • $13,660 ($18,740 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children

The maximum EITC for 2011: • $5,751 with 3 or more qualifying children • $5,112 with 2 qualifying children • $3,094 with 1 qualifying child • $464 with no qualifying children

How to schedule? Call The United Way LINC @ 717.291.LINC (5462) or simply dial 2-1-1.

VITA assists taxpayers by saving them the cost of professional tax preparation and helping them claim all tax credits for which they are eligible.

• You do not receive active military pay • You are not a practicing clergy person • You did not have farm income • You did not have rental property income • You did not own a business • You did not have income from trading stocks or bonds

What to bring to your appointment? • Proof of identification or social security numbers • Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration • Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099) • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available • Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check

Vita Brochure 2012  

Free Tax Help Brochure

Vita Brochure 2012  

Free Tax Help Brochure