Page 1

DR.ME Flag brief

DR.ME


(1)

(2)

(2)

(2)

(2/6)

(3)

(1)

(1) Concept:

(2) Research:

Myself and Imogen decided that for this brief we wanted to experiment with process. The concept was simply to create a new man made pattern from natural patterns. We decided to marble on wood.

Imogen went to klas Olsen to look for wood we could marble on. We contacted Rama studio to see what marbling inks they used as their prints were the standard we wanted. In the end we bought ink from Amazon.

Research

(2)

(2)

(2)

(2)


(2/6)

(1)

Imogen began tracing the finger print and tree ring pattern. I started on the fish scales and the fly wings. We thought that DR.ME did a lot of work that was quite illustration based and because we wanted to do something refreshing, we decided to hand render the patterns and scan them in after.

Development

We had to make a decision about how well we thought the vinyl would cut. If the patterns are too intricate it can be difficult to remove them onto the transfer paper. We spoke to James (print technician) and he wasn’t sure the vinyl could manage it. We simplified the images and made some mock ups:

Me and Imogen met up to proceed with cutting the natural patterns into the vinyl. James sorted out the correct vinyl we would need and also he set up the machine. We printed the four vinyl’s and removed the areas that we wanted the marbling ink to touch.

There was no technique for the marbling. We just experimented with moving the ink in the water.


Drme  
Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you