2013-2014 Directory Promoting Sustainable Agriculture in Western Colorado PO Box 614 Hotchkiss, CO 81419 www.vogaco.org
Directory Sponsors Gold Level Kampe Foundation
Silver Level Ela Family Farms - Steve, Becky, Shirley & William Ela Smith Fork Ranch
Bronze Level Black Bridge Winery - Lee & Kathy Bradley Elaine & Jim Brett I-Guana Farm - Bob Halley Georgia Finnigan Small Potatoes Farm - Monica Wiitanen & Scott Horner Field Florals - Ashley Krest & Ted Birk John Cowan & Jeannie Sromalla
Supporting Memberships Big Duck Land & Cattle Co. Rosemary Bilchak & Gordon MacAlpine
Sue & Pete Housel
Roger & Laureen Bissell
Ann Burritt & Patricia Locke Chris Carrier Steve Cassard Bowes House Farm - Barbe Chambliss Len Chmiel
Anastacia Kampe Denise Claire Laverty Heidi McGuire & Chuck Knuth Lynn Mattingly Lisa & Erich Niermann
Rivendell Farm - John Cooley
Valley Food Partnership of Montrose and Delta Counties
Delta County Health Department
Celia Roberts Photography
Donna & Mitchell Gershten
Carolyn Ringo & Geoffrey Levens
Marsha & Don Grant
Frugalbundance Farm Lincoln Vannah & Jeanne Hergenrother
Vicki Halladay Sally & Robert Hardy Paula & Steve Harper
Vive la Vida Adi & Caren Von Gontard
Dave Herz & Pam Ellison
Lucky Duck Farm Ruth & Jeff Wentzel
Neela Bindu Farm, LLC Jo & Daniel Feldman
Cynthia Wutchiett & Robin Smith
Mission Statement: â€œThe mission of Valley Organic Growers Association is to promote local sustainable agriculture by supporting and educating producers and consumers.â€?
Our Guiding Principles are to: Create and support viable local agriculture. Maintain and improve the health of our soil, air and water. Ensure the production of nutritious food, free from synthetic inputs.
VOGA Vision We envision a vibrant community of prosperous, local farms that sustain the land and provide healthy agricultural products.
VOGA History VOGA was founded in 1992 in the beautiful North Fork Valley of the Gunnison River. We have the largest concentration of organic/sustainable growers in the state. VOGA was formed to support growers, educate consumers, and promote the benefits of sustainable agriculture that provides fresh, regionally unique products. Our membership has grown to include small and mid-size growers, ranchers, retailers, and individuals who share our vision. In 2010, VOGA formed a non-profit arm, Valley Organic Growers Educational Alliance (VOGEA), to help underwrite the educational portion of our mission. The Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training (CRAFT) is a coordinated effort run regionally around the world to bring established farmers and farm apprentices together for educational training in sustainable agriculture. The North Fork CRAFT Program consists of a Lecture/ Farm Tour Series from April to September on rotating participating farms. The goal is to attract and retain quality interns and to build a stronger sustainable farming community. Please visit us at www.vogaco.org to sign up for our email newsletter, join VOGA or make a tax-free donation to VOGEA. You can also find us on Facebook. Directory listings are for informational purposes only. Please contact members for the most current information
Number Cross Reference Guide What are you looking for? Go to Number... Biodynamic . . . . . . . . . . . 8, 20, 23, 38, 47 Certified Naturally Grown 2, 5, 14, 16, 22, 23, 35, 40, 49, 51, 65 USDA Certified Organic. . 1, 2, 11, 17, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 40, 43, 53, 54, 67, 69 Cheese . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6, 13, 17, 64 CSA . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1, 11, 25, 28, 31, 41, 55, 56, 57, 61, 64, 65, 67, 69 Farmersâ€™ Mkt. Participants 1, 2, 5, 6, 11, 14, 16, 17, 20, 25, 31, 34, 41, 51, 65, 67, 69 Fruit. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1, 2, 5, 10, 11, 17, 25, 26, 28, 34, 35, 37, 40, 41, 45, 47, 49, 54, 60, 61, 62, 66, 67, 69 Grains & Feed. . . . . . . . . . 13, 22, 43, 61, 64, 66, 68 Grass-fed . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7, 17, 19, 22, 34, 38, 40, 41, 48, 60, 61, 62, 68 Herbs & Flowers . . . . . . . 1, 10, 11, 14, 20, 23, 27, 31, 33, 37, 38, 40, 47, 51, 56, 58, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 69
Number Cross Reference Guide Honey . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2, 5, 8, 10, 17, 26, 36, 40, 41, 56, 62, 65 Intern Program . . . . . . . . . 1, 17, 23, 26, 47, 53, 55, 56, 57, 60, 61, 65, 69 Lodging . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17, 31, 39, 58, 62, 63, 66 Meat, Poultry & Eggs . . . . 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22, 31, 34, 38, 40, 41, 47, 48, 51, 60, 61, 62, 64, 66, 67, 68, 70 Milk Shares . . . . . . . . . . . 7, 8, 13, 38, 40, 47, 64 Nursery Plants . . . . . . . . . 10, 23, 65, 69 Organizations . . . . . . . . . . 3, 12, 18, 40, 42, 44, 46, 52, 66 Retailers . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1, 2, 5, 13, 17, 20, 21, 23, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 39, 40, 45, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 62, 66, 67 Specialty Products . . . . . . Vegetables . . . . . . . . . . . . .
1, 5, 7, 8, 10, 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 31, 38, 39, 40, 43, 50, 53, 56, 57, 62, 64, 66, 67 1, 5, 8, 10, 11, 14, 16, 17, 20, 23, 25, 28, 31, 34, 40, 41, 45, 47, 50, 51, 53, 55, 56, 58, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 69, 70
Wine, Cider & Spirits . . . 17, 32, 39, 45, 59
3. American S.O.I.L. Academy
1. Abundant Life Organic Farms Jeff & Kaylee Armstrong & Family 31505/31733 Highway 92 Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.985.8842 firstname.lastname@example.org
USDA Certified Organic Melons, berries, heirloom tomatoes, sweet onions, veggies, and greens. On-site farm-stand sales Thursday and Saturday. Telluride, Crested Butte and Basalt farmersâ€™ markets. CSA shares available.
Lynn Ruoff PO Box 1603 Paonia, CO 81428 970.319.9434 email@example.com www.americansoilacademy.org School of Regenerative Agriculture offers Certificate Programs in Regenerative Farming, Certificate Programs in Permaculture and Urban Organic Gardening and classes for local gardeners and professional farmers.
4. Annieâ€™s Place Annie Keohane 39671 Panorama Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3061 firstname.lastname@example.org www.plantbasedculinaryretreats.com Vegan and vegetarian classes and getaways. Cooking and raw foods classes, personal chef services, and seasonal cleanses.
2. Aloha Organic Fruit Steven & Pat Sherer 3525 G Road Palisade, CO 81526 970.464.2272 email@example.com www.alohaorganicfruit.com
USDA Certified Organic, Certified Naturally Grown We grow eleven varieties of peaches and offer agri-tours M-F. Our farm market carries organic fruit and natural veggies. Hawaiian products include Kona coffee and macadamia nuts.
5. Austin Family Farm Glenn & Toni Austin 14741 Canyon Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.260.4298 firstname.lastname@example.org www.austinfamilyfarm.com
Certified Naturally Grown Eleven kinds of peaches, twelve kinds of apples, plums, apricots, cherries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes, honey, and vegetables.
6. Avalanche Cheese Company Wendy Mitchell 216 Cody Lane Basalt, CO 81621 970.927.6850 email@example.com www.avalanchecheese.com Goat dairy and farm. Wendy
8. Bella Farm
7. Bad Rabbit Farm/ Fire Mountain Fiber James Firor & Diane Perry 30004 L Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.4490 Small family farm dedicated to raising grass-fed lamb, chickens, eggs, milk cows, Icelandic sheep, alpacas, Angora and Cashmere goats. Fire Mountain Fiber is a fiber mill associated with the farm. In addition to custom processing, we produce a variety of products including fleeces, tanned pelts, roving, batts, yarn, and felt.
Alison & Adam Klaus PO Box 1156 Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.5703 firstname.lastname@example.org Raw milk shares available from our Brown Swiss, grass-fed dairy herd. We are a biodynamic family farm providing milk, raw yogurt, vegetables and live fermented foods. Direct from the farm, retail locally at the Trading Post and wholesale to select area restaurants.
9. Better Compost Jack Graff & Suzanne Walker-Graff 6496 Townsend Road Delta, CO 81416 970.275.0549 We sell wholesale agricultural compost and fertilizers: basic, better and finished composts.
10. Black Canyon Bees & Botanicals, Fat Toad Farm Steve & Linda Rubick 10310 3200 Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.6062 email@example.com www.kukadesign.com Organically grown medicinal herbs, seasonal vegetables, raspberries, flowers, eggs, honey, hay, edible flowers, and whatever we come up with next.
12. Citizens for a Healthy Community PO Box 291 Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.527.7779 citizenshealthycommunity@ gmail.com citizenshealthycommunity.org Protecting people and their environment from irresponsible oil and gas development in the Delta County region. Donate $30 or more to become a member.
13. Closer to Heaven Farm Paul & Sue Chenault 12130 Payne Siding Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.835.4050 firstname.lastname@example.org Organically supplemented, nonGMO, custom-mixed poultry, swine and goat feed. Chickens, eggs, dairy goats, and chicks for sale.
11. Borden Farms, LLC Guy & Lynn Borden 51245 Carnation Rd. Delta, CO 81416 970.874.5383 email@example.com www.bordenfarms.com
USDA Certified Organic Colorado grower of premium flowers, organic vegetables, fruit, and herbs since 1996. Available at our family farm, through our CSA, fine restaurants and local farmersâ€™ markets.
17. Delicious Orchards
14. Cobblestone Farm Gary Matlock & Jan Thompson 35294 Hanson Mesa Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.3026 firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Naturally Grown We grow eleven varieties of garlic from all over the world. In addition, we grow an assortment of fruits and vegetables.
15. Crag Crest Farms Dave & Christie Aschwanden 24621 Tannin Road Cedaredge, CO 81413 970.856.6783 email@example.com cragcrest.com We raise pastured, free-range heritage poultry.
16. Dancing Dog Farm Ken & Lori Vaught 1235 Barrow Mesa Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.1109 firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Naturally Grown Fresh produce, herbs, and berries.
Jeff & Tracey Schwartz 39126 Hwy 133 - one mile west of Paonia PO Box 2012 Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.527.1110 email@example.com www.freshapplecider.com
USDA Certified Organic Local, organic produce, meat, Big Bâ€™s Fresh Apple Cider, wine, crafts and yarn. You Pick Fruit/Veggies. New ~ Cafe, Picnics, and Camping!
18. Delta Conservation District Dev Carey 690 Industrial Blvd. Delta, CO 81416 970.874.5726x121 firstname.lastname@example.org The District combines available technical, financial, and educational resources to coordinate efforts that meet the needs of the local land user, providing for conservation and preservation of natural resources and agricultural heritage. These include salinity control programs; soils information for resource planning; conservation plans, including grazing and cropping systems; irrigation water management; rangeland improvements; and conservation plantings.
19. Desert Weyr, LLC Ken & Oogie McGuire 16870 Garvin Mesa Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3573 email@example.com www.desertweyr.com Grass-fed Black Welsh Mountain sheep meat and wool products. Oogie & Ken
21. DR Fish Fertilizer Company Jerry & Kay Adams 28493 Redlands Mesa Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.4660 firstname.lastname@example.org www.drfishfertilizer.com
USDA Certified Organic Certified organic fertilizer.
22. Eagle Butte Ranch Rick & Landon Deane Mailing: 3129 Maroon Creek Rd. Aspen, CO 81611 10653 Eagle Butte Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.925.4614 email@example.com www.eaglebutteranch.com
Certified Naturally Grown
20. Dogpatch Farm Delmar Robinson 41399 Omega Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.314.5912 firstname.lastname@example.org www.drfishfertilizer.com Heirloom and organic vegetables and herbs. Retail market on-site opens mid-May. Wholesale and special orders accomodated. Please visit us! We are less than one mile south of Paonia. Miriam Shaw, Farm Manager welcomes you!
Natural 100% grass-fed beef pasture-raised without hormones or antibiotics. High quality, barn-stored horse hay and certified weed-free hay.
25. Ela Family Farms Steve, Becky, Shirley & William Ela 30753 L Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.3488 email@example.com www.elafamilyfarms.com
USDA Certified Organic
23. Earth Friendly Farm Supply Ltd Jere & Stacy Lowe 12441 Minerich Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.399.7598 admin@effsupply www.effsupply.com Premier source for organic soils, fertilizers and soil amendments. Organic and biological pest and disease control. Organic horticulture consulting team. Greenhouse and irrigation design. Seeds and plant starts. Locally owned and operated by growers for growers.
24. Earth Meat Farms Gary & Rain Klepper 39293 Pitkin Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.8219 firstname.lastname@example.org www.drsklepper.com Growing organic, medicinal, and gourmet mushrooms.
Growing cherries, peaches, pears, plums and berries in Western Colorado for 100+ years. Jams, fruit butters, dried fruit, cider and apples sauces from our fruit. We only sell what we grow! Steve
26. Excelsior Orchard Paul & Elane Maudlin PO Box 1553 14140 Dry Gulch Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.6860 email@example.com
USDA Certified Organic Sweet and sour cherries, apricots, peaches, pears, apples, nectarines, plums, fruit ciders, and dried fruit. Licensed kitchen.
27. Field Florals Ashley Krest & Ted Birk 41391 Omega Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.4541 firstname.lastname@example.org www.fieldflorals.com We create unique, “green” arrangements for events and weddings. Weekly deliveries to North Fork and Roaring Fork Valleys.
29. Flying Fork Café & Bakery Kelly Steinmetz PO Box 1825 101 3rd Street Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3203 email@example.com www.flyingforkcafe.com Fine Italian cuisine and fresh baked goods. Local beer, wine, and food products. Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday. Bakery seven days.
30. Fold Community Kitchen Noela Figueroa 1909 Delores Way Carbondale, CO 816238 970.963.1163 firstname.lastname@example.org www.foldcommunitykitchen.com Restaurant specializing in local foods.
28. First Fruits Organic Farms Kris & Kevin Kropp PO Box 864 40565 O Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.6122 email@example.com
USDA Certified Organic Mountain-grown fruits and vegetables from our family farms since 1988.
31. Fresh & Wyld Farmhouse Inn and CSA Dava Parr 1978 Harding Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.4374 firstname.lastname@example.org www.freshandwyld.com B&B, Friday night dinners year round and seasonal Sunday brunch. Paonia/Roaring Fork CSA. See website for newsletter sign-up.
34. Holy Terror Farm
32. Hardinâ€™s Natural Foods/ Liliputian Winery Scott & Lisa Fairbank 31424 Hwy 92 Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.3019 email@example.com www.hardinsnaturalfoods.com www.liliputianwinery.com Natural food store featuring locally grown, organic produce, and grocery items. Wine tasting room. Three miles west of Hotchkiss.
Alison Gannett & Jason Trimm 42485 Hwy 133 Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3373 firstname.lastname@example.org Holy Terror Farm on Facebook Chemical-free fruit and veggies for sale through LocalFarmsFirst.org. Direct sale of grass-fed finished pork and beef - whole, half, or quarter. Farm tours by appointment only. Alison & Jason
33. High Wire Hops David Warren, Hal Brill, Allison Elliot & Russ Backhouse 31984 Lazear Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.270.2855 email@example.com www.highwirehops A four-acre, organic hop farm growing four varieties including: Cascade, Chinook, Nugget, and CTZ. We market both fresh and dried hops to craft breweries throughout Colorado and the Mountain West.
35. I-Guana Farm Bob Halley 13765 2600 Road Cedaredge, CO 81413 970.835.5027 firstname.lastname@example.org www.naturallygrown.org
Certified Naturally Grown U-pick peaches: August through mid-September.
38. Lamborn Mountain Farmstead Carol & James Schott 42229 Lamborn Mesa Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.5105 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Organically grown lavender - fresh and dried bouquets, culinary, essential oil, goat milk soap, lotion and more. Raw goat milk shares, grass-finished lamb and Highland beef - halves and quarters.
36. Immunity Farm Ann & Stephen Ziemer 31984 Lazear Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.210.8253 email@example.com Treatment-free honey and hay.
Carol & James
37. Integrated Living Systems Jon R. Schulz PO Box 125 15559 Fire Mountain Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.5809 firstname.lastname@example.org www.yeri.org Integrated Living Systems works with agricultural producers to achieve greater prosperity by tapping the wisdom of nature for sustainability, resilence, and resource productivity.
39. Leroux Creek Vineyards & Tasting Room Joanna Reckert & Yvon Gros PO Box 910 / 12388 3100 Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.4746 email@example.com www.lerouxcreekinn.com Inn and winery open April through November. Enjoy a picnic overlooking the vineyard. We offer gourmet food (cheese, charcuterie, crudite) and wine by the glass or bottle. Our own all-natural spa products also available.
• Now opening Farm & Home Organics • Stocking for the Home Gardener and the Commercial Organic Grower • Bulk Organic Soil and Compost • Soil Amendments and Liquid Fertilizers • Pallet and Tote Quanities Stocked • Bulk Ordering Available Come on down and let us know what you need!
Farm & Home Organics 719 2nd Street 970-527-4001
1 Abundant Life Organic Farms 4 Annieâ€™s Place 5 Austin Family Farm 7 Bad Rabbit Farm/Fire Mountain Fiber 10 Black Canyon Bees & Botanicals/Fat Toad Farm 11 Borden Farms 14 Cobblestone Farm 16 Dancing Dog Farm 17 Delicious Orchards 19 Desert Weyr, LLC 20 Dogpatch Farm 22 Eagle Butte Ranch
23 Earth Friendly Farm Supply 25 Ela Family Farms 26 Excelsior Orchard 27 Field Florals 28 First Fruits Organic Farms 31 Fresh & Wyld 32 Hardin's Natural Foods 33 High Wire Hops 34 Holy Terror Farm 35 I-Guana Farm 36 Immunity Farm 37 Integrated Living Systems 38 Lamborn Mountain Farmstead 39 Leroux Creek Vineyards 41 Mattice's Fruits & Vegetables 45 Orchard Valley Farms & Market 47
47 Peace & Plenty 48 Princess Beef 51 Rain Crow Farm 55 Round Earth Farm 56 Small Potatoes Farm 57 The Bakery at Small Potatoes Farm 58 Smith Fork Ranch 59 Stone Cottage Cellars 60 Terra Fata Farm 61 The Living Farm 62 The Living Farm CafĂŠ, Market & Inn 63 The Rivendell Retreat 64 The Storehouse 34 65 Thistle Whistle Farm 60 59 19 68 White Buffalo Farm, Inc 69 Zephyros Farm and Garden 45 4 68 37 60 5 33 6226 31 27 20 26 17 51 56,57 28 38
25 7 1
23 69 22
32 41 48 36
Mycophilia explores the new science and kooky culture of mycology. Now available in paperback at most book stores and online booksellers.Â
40. Local Farms First Office for Resource Efficiency 202 East Georgia Avenue Crested Butte, CO 81224 970.641.7682 firstname.lastname@example.org www.LocalFarmsFirst.com Online farmersâ€™ market for home, bulk retail, school, or restaurant you choose the grocery items each week, from farmers you love. Our mission is to connect you to chemical-free, local products from nearly fifty producers and enable purchasing of food from a central location delivered to your hometown.
41. Matticeâ€™s Fruits & Vegetables, Beef & Pork Doug Mattice 9947 3200 Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.7359 Naturally-raised beef and pork, fruit and vegetables in Crested Butte at the 4 Way - Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
42. North Fork Merchant Herald Gloria Crank PO Box 685 Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.4180 email@example.com www.merchantherald.com Community newspaper with articles highlighting North Fork Valley agriculture.
43. North Fork Organics Thomas Kay (TK) & Richard Blosser PO Box 60 8015 Scenic Mesa Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.4500 firstname.lastname@example.org
USDA Certified Organic Certified organic pinto beans. Certified organic corn. Certified organic alfalfa (3x3x8 squares).
44. North Fork Valley Creative Coalition Sisie Kaldis, Program Director PO Box 92 Paonia, CO 81428 310.428.0990 email@example.com www.facebook.com/NFVCreativeCoalition Your source for creatively supporting, networking, marketing and promoting your farm; and value-added agriculture products. Our mission is to: grow economic activity; nurture creative community networking; encourage selfsufficiency; increase the beauty of our public spaces while celebrating our local heritage and character. Connect. Create. Savour. Celebrate.
45. Orchard Valley Farms Market & Black Bridge Winery Lee & Kathy Bradley 15836 Black Bridge Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.6838 firstname.lastname@example.org www.orchardvalleyfarms.com Located a half mile northeast of Paonia off Hwy 133. A winery focused on Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, and Merlot - available in our tasting room.
47. Peace & Plenty Farm Pat & Paul Frazier 29581 Redlands Mesa Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.261.1724 email@example.com Biodynamic herbs, vegetables, fruit, flowers, and droughttolerant perennials. Communitybased classes in biodynamic agriculture and permaculture design. Individual consultation and design by appointment.
48. Princess Beef 46. Paonia Chamber of Commerce PO Box 366 Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3886 firstname.lastname@example.org www.paoniachamber.com The Paonia Chamber of Commerce promotes local business, sustainable agriculture and the areaâ€™s unique quality of life.
Cynthia & Ira Houseweart 32282 J Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.2144 email@example.com www.princessbeef.com Since 1999, 100% grass-fed beef. No added hormones, antibiotics, herbicides, pesticides, or chemical fertilizers. Never confined in a feedlot. Arrange to see the herd. Quarters, halves and whole beef for fall delivery. Reserve early. USDA inspected 93% lean ground beef available year-round. $5.50 a pound.
49. Pristine Valley Farm Sky Jelsma 14609 Peony Lane Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3497 firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Naturally Grown Organically grown Sandra Rose and Benton cherries.
50. Purple Haze Garlic Elsie & Sven Edstrom 14414 2900 Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.1098 email@example.com www.purplehazegarlic.com Purple Haze garlic is a delicious, easy-to-peel, heirloom Rocambole grown on Redlands Mesa since the 1930â€™s. Sven & Elsie
51. Rain Crow Farm Kerry Noonan & Jason Beason 39405 Lund Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.399.7817 firstname.lastname@example.org www.raincrowfarm.com
Certified Naturally Grown Vegetables, herbs, flowers, and eggs. Vendor at Crested Butte and Carbondale Farmersâ€™ Markets and encourage on-farm sales. Come visit!
52. Redlands Mesa Grange Jim Cazer, Grange Master Redlands Mesa Road at 2800 Rd. Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.2410 email@example.com Certified commercial kitchen for catering, value added processing, education, food events and celebrations. 10% discount for VOGA members. Call to reserve.
53. Rendezvous Organic Farm
Adam, Isabelle, Valerie, & Noah
Matthew Belmont & Kara Manns PO Box 8237 Aspen, CO 81612 39135 Hwy 92 Crawford, CO 81415 970.987.1157 firstname.lastname@example.org www.rendezvousorganicfarm.com
USDA Certified Organic Organic produce, pork, lamb, chicken and eggs.
54. Rogers Mesa Fruit Co. Inc. Tom Alvey, President PO Box 249 Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.2155 email@example.com
USDA Certified Organic Colorado Dept. of Agriculture Corner of Highway 92 and 3100 Road. Open 8-5, M-F during fruit season. Organic cherries, apricots, peaches, pears, plums, and apples.
55. Round Earth Farm & Turkey Hill CSA Adam Silverstein & Valerie Stone PO Box 969 34832 Powell Mesa Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.4413 firstname.lastname@example.org www.roundearth.com turkeyhillcsa.com
Certified Naturally Grown Vegetables, eggs, herbs, and flowers. Wholesale and retail, serving the Western Slope since 1993. Internships available.
56. Small Potatoes Farm Monica Wiitanen / Scott Horner 40575 O Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.4051 (Monica) 970.589.3216 (Scott) email@example.com Year-round mixed vegetables, seasonal berries and herbs, garlic braids and fresh-dug winter roots. Modified CSA - order from our â€œFresh Picked for Youâ€? weekly email produce list for pick-up at the farm. Monica
57. The Bakery at Small Potatoes Farm Monica Wiitanen, Kit Wiitanen, Michael DeJager 40575 O Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.4051 firstname.lastname@example.org European-style sourdoughs and other artisan breads and treats from our wood-fired oven. We use freshly ground whole wheat and rye flours. Gluten-free options available. Most breads vegan. Open Fridays 3 to 7pm, Saturdays 9am to 3pm, or by appointment. To receive our weekly menu please call, email or find us on Facebook.
58. Smith Fork Ranch Linda & Marley Hodgson PO Box 401 43562 Needle Rock Road Crawford, CO 81415 970.921.3454 email@example.com www.smithforkranch.com Private guest ranch. We take pride in serving our guests the finest local ingredients whenever possible and supporting local farmers.
59. Stone Cottage Cellars Brent & Karen Helleckson 41716 Reds Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3444 firstname.lastname@example.org www.stonecottagecellars.com Family-crafted estate wines since 2001. Chardonnay, Merlot, Gewurztraminer, Syrah, Pinot Noir, and Alpine Dessert Wine.
60. Terra Fata Farm Emily Hartnett 41474 Reds Road Paonia, CO 81428 267.981.6339 email@example.com Dairy goats, grass-fed lambs, soyfree laying hens. All animals free range and organically fed. Golden Delicious and Rome apples, red and yellow Bartlett pears. No chemicals. Call for info.
61. The Living Farm Tom, Lynn, Ben, & Jenny Gillespie 12506 Crawford Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3305 firstname.lastname@example.org www.thelivingfarm.org Sustainably-grown salad greens, tomatoes, herbs, vegetables, eggs, pasture raised beef, pork, lamb, chicken and turkey, chicken and hog feed, hay, dairy sheep, wool and yarn. Year-round CSA.
62. The Living Farm Café, Market and Inn Mike Gillespie PO Box 805 Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3779 Farm to table café serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Featuring local organic food and wine grown in the North Fork Valley. Farm market open seven days a week selling local produce, meats, arts and crafts. Rooms at the Inn include free organic breakfast.
63. The Rivendell Retreat LLC Joseph & Katherine Colwell 30048 North Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.4505 email@example.com www.ImagineRivendell.com 40-acre private retreat–merging awareness, creativity and nature. Lodging (night, week, month). Classroom/meeting facility with kitchen. Four miles of hiking trails, diverse habitats and wildlife, rare wild orchids, on-top-ofthe-world views. Our vegetable garden is a magical place due to inspiration and learning from VOGA members!
64. The Storehouse Mike & Kristie Martin, Alexa, Chase, and Abby 38258 Linman Road Crawford, CO 81415 970.921.5478 firstname.lastname@example.org www.TheHarvestStorehouse.com Specialty goat milk soaps and lotions - organic vegetable based with therapeutic essential oils. Organic goat milk fudge and chocolates. Raw goat milk shares, kefir, yogurts and cheeses from our purebred Nubians. Farm-fresh eggs, naturally-raised, grass-fed meat and poultry. Heirloom vegetables. CSAs available. JuicePlus distributor: whole-food based nutrition juice powder concentrates.
67. White Buffalo Farm, Inc.
65. Thistle Whistle Farm Mark Waltermire & Katie Dean 10872 3500 Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.4959 email@example.com
Certified Naturally Grown Specialty fruits and vegetables. CSA, on-farm sales, and at Gunnison farmersâ€™ market.
66. Trading Post Food Hub and Farm Greg & Addie Cranson 15495 Black Bridge Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.4740 firstname.lastname@example.org Restaurant and wholesale grocery using local organic produce. We grow fruit, vegetables, and grains, and make value added products bread, pear leather, and sauerkraut.
Wayne Talmage 16877 Grange Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.275.2076 email@example.com www.whitebuffalofarm.org
USDA Certified Organic Regional year-round CSA. Apples, apricots, sweet and sour cherries, pears, peaches, nectarines, plums, tomatoes, squash, greens, herbs, eggs, peppers, and more. Telluride farmersâ€™ market. Established 1974.
68. Wildwood Ranch Karla Tschoepe PO Box 25 37200 Stucker Mesa Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3288 Raise hay, chickens, turkeys, and beef - all processed at the ranch. No chemicals or commercial fertilizers ever used. Call for info.
Don & Daphne
69. Zephyros Farm and Garden
70. Zimmerman Pork Farm Rick Zimmerman 10391 3250 Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.3163 firstname.lastname@example.org Heritage swine breeds - Berkshires and Chester Whites. Available as whole or half hogs. A wide variety of vegetables during the growing season. Varieties selected for canning. Since 1993.
Daphne Yannakakis & Don Lareau 11466 3725 Road Paonia, CO 81428 970.527.3636 email@example.com www.zephyrosfarmandgarden.com
USDA Certified Organic We grow a wide variety of cut flowers and vegetables. Check out our flower CSA. New this year farm camps - see website for details.
ORGANIC FARM FOR SALE / CRAWFORD Multi-family, 5880 square foot farmhouse on 10 irrigated acres, with 19-foot diameter dome greenhouse solar hot water, grapes, perennials, fruit trees, pastures, pond
2013 Regional Farmersâ€™ Markets
Glenwood Sprgs Centennial Park
Wednesday Carbondale 4th & Main Street
4th & Main Street
Thursday Grand Junction Main Street
Friday Telluride Ridgway
South Oak Street 423 Clinton St.
Saturday Aspen S. Hunter & E. Hopkins 6/15-10/12 8:30am-3pm Boulder
Fruita Civic Center
10th St. next to Library
N. Main & Virginia
Creamery Arts Center
100 Main St.
see norwoodfarmmarket.org Year-round 9am-1pm 3rd & Grand Ave. May-Oct 10am-2pm
Sunday Basalt Lions Park Crested Butte 2nd & Elk Ave. Denver E. Colfax & Columbine St. Denver E. 29th Ave. & Roslyn St. Denver 1500 Blk of S. Pearl St. Palisade 3rd & Main
6/17-9/30 10am-2pm 6/10-10/14 10am-2pm 5/13-10/28 9am-1pm 6/17-10/14 8:30am-12:30pm 5/20-11/4 9am-1pm 6/17-9/30 10am-3pm
Go to: www.vogaco.org for more specific information.
DR FISH FERTILIZER COMPANY Building Soils for Better Crops Certified Organic Products Liquid Fish Fertilizer Liquid Nitrogen Humate Soil Amendments Jerry & Kay Adams 28493 Redlands Mesa Road Hotchkiss, CO 81419 970.872.4660 • 970.872.6342 fax
“Our goal is to support organic and sustainable farming.” drfishfertilizer.com THE NORTH FORK
North Fork Agriculture is...
MERCHANT HERALD EXTRA Healthy an Over The Hill Media, LLC publication TRA
rk ! th Fo Nor Healthy t a E Kids
EXTRA Fresh EXTRA Delicious EXTRA Special READ All About It! www.merchantherald.com
BETTER COMPOST 970-275-0549 96496 Townsend Rd., Delta
A. Basic Compost
24:1 carbon-nitrogen mix
B. Better Compost
Additional manures and compost
C. Final Compost Available Fall
The Joy Kumpany Effective Graphic Design Logo/corporate identity, brochure, poster, newsletter, display ad, book, direct mail. Together, we can grow your business! 970.234.2572 firstname.lastname@example.org www.thejoykumpany.com
Grand Junction Pipe & Supply Co 2005 North Townsend Ave. Montrose, CO 81401 Phone: 970-240-2199 Fax: 970-240-2772
With Five Great Location In Western Colorado
Largest Inventory Of Pipe & Fittings In Western Colorado Supplying the North Fork & Grand Valleys for more than 40 years With supplies for Municipal, Sewer & Drainage, Irrigation, Concrete, Precast Concrete and Ready Mix
At Grand Junction Pipe and Supply Moving Water Is Our Business
Design by Joy Kuhlman 970.234.2572 email@example.com