S EW ICK LEY
SP EAK IN G
Reunion 2011 WRAP-UP On Friday, September 30, SA alumni returned to Sewickley Academy to kick off Reunion Weekend with cocktails in the Hansen Library. For many, this marked the first time they had returned to campus since donning white dresses and blue blazers for Senior School graduation. The Senior School chamber singers made a surprise appearance and serenaded guests with the SA alma mater. Alumni then enjoyed dinner and dancing at the Edgeworth Club with music provided by Lisa Baker Seymour ’77, Henry Seymour ’75, and their group, Family Affair. On Saturday, many alumni braved the unseasonably wet and cold weather to return to campus for a bloody mary breakfast, campus tours, and an afternoon barbeque. While the campus has taken on a new shape over the years, alums found that much of what they remembered and enjoyed has remained the same.
These events were complemented by the induction of our newest Distinguished Alumnus, Dr. James Bower ’80, and Ephemera’s 25th Anniversary Celebration.
1. Spanning the generations, Paul Kappel Sr. ’71 and Paul Kappel Jr. ’06 celebrate their corresponding reunions.
4. Classmates Lowell Dexter ’61 and Susan Stalling Depree ’61 look through their yearbook from 1961 at the cocktail party on Friday night.
2. Classmates and friends Amy Ruscitti O’Leary ’01, Alison Theis Dolan ’01, Alexandria Gilkey ’01, Holly Seifert ’01, Rebecca Oliver ’01, and Fraser Seifert ’02 tour the campus.
5. Dr. James Bower ’80 received the 2011 Distinguished Alumni Award during Reunion Weekend in recognition for his work as a medical researcher and educator at the Mayo Clinic and for his extensive involvement in the foundation of a neurology residency program in Ethiopia. Pictured here, Row 1: Patricia Gordon Cooklin ’83, Mollie Fitzgerald ’81, Kathy Atwood ’83, Amy Simmons Sebastian ’80, Rebecca Moseley ’66. Row 2: Lowell Dexter ’61, Margot Moyles Curran ’80, Dr. James Bower ’80, Amy Muse Lang ’80.
3. The Class of 1981 takes a walk down memory lane during their campus tour and viewed archival photographs on display.
Published on Feb 27, 2012
Sewickley Speaking is the alumni magazine for Sewickley Academy - a premier Pittsburgh private school enrolling students in pre-k through gr...