FORNITURE handles knobs keys
TECHNICAL, AESTHETIC AND DECORATIVE EXCELLENCE
• High-quality metal accents for interiors and exteriors
• An authentic expression of the Made-in-Italy style • Know-how in working with brass, steel, aluminium • A perfect blend of craftsmanship and industrial technology
• Gold- and silversmith techniques • Specific expertise in mechanics, physics and chemistry
• Custom design • Development of exclusive and unique projects • Rapid progression from idea to industrial
• Preservation of antique metal accents and handles
door-handles knobs accessories
FURNISHINGS accessories mannerism
curtain and carpet accessories baroque louis xv louis xvi first empire second empire floral style
100% made in Italy
Art Decò xx century style contemporary
The style masters in handles of all eras
THE COMPANY’S PLUSSES
• Decade-long experience in choosing and working with metals in order to guarantee the perfect balance between durability, resistance, workability, function and style.
30.000 CLIENT TESTIMONIALS
• DISTRIBUTION IN OVER 70 COUNTRIES
• Integration and control of the entire production process:
• OVER 20 SURFACE FINISHES FOR BRASS
from design to packaging, thanks to 3 perfectly coordinated company units.
• 430 MACHINE TOOLS USED
• Research and development cycle performed entirely within the company: the design process makes use of sophisticated engineering programs, moulds and machine tools created in the tooling workshop.
• HOT MOULDING WITH 17 FRICTION PRESSES • 23 TRIMMING PRESSES • PRECISION TURNING WITH 8 AUTOMATIC
• Technical and mechanical excellence in the
production process thanks to over 430 machine tools.
• CATAPHORESIS COATING
• Mastery of decorative techniques: finishing, coating, PVD treatments (Physical Vapour Deposition).
• FLEXIBLE PRODUCTION THROUGH 5 HORIZONTAL
• Great expertise in “Tailor Made” and Special”
WORK STATIONS AND 6 AUTOMATIC CNC LATHES
design, engineering and industrialisation, per project or according to the client’s specific needs.
• 13 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN HIGH-VACUUM METALLIZING (PVD)
• 10 tests that guarantee the highest Made-in-Italy
• ABILITY TO PRODUCE 335 MOULDS PER YEAR
• Specific packaging techniques for valuable objects.
• DAILY PRODUCTION CAPACITY OF OVER 150,000 PIECES R
b b R a
OMPORRO HIS TORY: BUSINESS
ID ENT ITY, SPIRIT OF INNOVATION AND SOLIDI TY
2005 OMPORRO acquired the historic ENRICO CASSINA brand: a perfect union of ornamental, Made-in-Italy technical expertise with the recognised master of styles, which thanks to OMPORRO’s industrial expertise and efficiency, regained its splendour.
1946 Founder Alfredo Porro, designer and inventor, set up a business activity with two patents: a machine for duplicating keys and a mould for foundries. 1974 Giuseppe Porro, Alfredo’s son, expanded the business by adding hardware items and introducing twocolour metal products, which set the trend in the 1970’s. 1989 With the third generation – Fabio, Paola and Donata – the family business evolved into a modern and international company. The production system was optimised and rationalised, a highly innovative plant was established in Cucciago and thanks to good business management, the quality of OMPORRO products spread to every continent.
T H E
P E R F E C T
C O N V E R G E N C E
I N D U S T R Y
A N D
D E S I G N
OMPorro has built a highly innovative plant in Cucciago. This complex represents the synthesis of the company philosophy, which has guided and preserved OMPORRO quality worldwide for decades: design must be the perfect synthesis between function and aesthetics. In this case, plant architecture, decor, colours and location of individual areas express both technical and logistic efficiency, as well as stylistic beauty. The structure of the plant is “spine-like” – a central body (the vertebral column) with the departments located along the sides (the ribs). This architecture works to support a precise organisation of the production process: each department can operate as a single, independent production unit, but can also take on – depending on the type and phase of the production cycle – the role of supplier or client to the upstream or downstream adjacent department, quickly and efficiently.
L O N G ,
T H R E E - G E N E R A T I O N
H I S T O R Y
Today, the Cucciago plant – covering a total of 100,000 square meters, 20,000 of which are used for production and business headquarters – provides not only a concrete example of a modern industrial organisation model, but also of integration and development of the local area.
Masters of aesthetic hardware
Handle styles from every era
Ten product lines for FURNITURE – DOORS – FURNISHING ACCESSORIES, expressions of passion, taste, technique and Italian design in furnishings.These lines are the result of the convergence of stimulating international experiences with the DNA of a company talented in design and technique.
Stylistic authenticity, historic value, valuable ornamental techniques, design, exclusivity, elegance, prestige: this describes ENRICO CASSINA.
OMPORRO is a leader in innovation and the creation of unique furnishing components:
• Style, design and functionality in the objects that create daily living environments. • One of the most complete assortments of aesthetic hardware for all purposes worldwide. • Development of custom-tailored and exclusive solutions, created according to the client’s wishes.
Handles and accents are transformed into jewels. Touch ENRICO CASSINA’s creations and you feel beauty, refinement and elegance under your own fingers. ENRICO CASSINA accents are splendid creations, the fruit of decorative and ornamental techniques used by ancient gold and silversmiths. The collection introduces ten historical styles, which through “icon” and “coordinated” products tell the story of the evolution of architecture, furniture and design over the past five centuries.
• Superior quality products, for a style whose beauty remains unaltered through time.
ENRICO CASSINA also has a historical archive, with authentic prints and designs from Italian masters of the oldest tradition, which thanks to OMPORRO’s production expertise can, upon request, take shape again to embellish new furniture designs.
OMPORRO products are available worldwide through the most important international hardware distributors and retailers, and are used to emphasise and enrich the style of furnishing projects.
ENRICO CASSINA handles and accents add their own value to public buildings and residences of recognised prestige and distinction.
FUNCTIONALITY, DESIGN AND STYLE, ONE PHILOSOPHY AND
TWO INTERPRETATIONS: OMPORRO AND ENRICO CASSINA
Y O U R
I D E A S ,
O U R
E X P E R T I S E
The ability to understand the customer’s needs, interpret the potential development of the design and propose solutions quickly, with the certainty of absolute control over all production phases, are fundamental and recognised features of OMPORRO. The company has the expertise and talent to develop personalised solutions, advise the client, and use all of its experience and skills to create an idea and a design. The vertical integration of the production process and the flexibility of individual departments allow for quick responses to the customers’ ideas. In fact, OMPORRO is able to design, industrialise and produce products starting from a sketch or a specific request. Experience, technology but above all else a great passion – to be flexible, to not be caught off guard by unforeseen events, to make every project the best it can be.
TA ILOR MADE: T ECHNICAL, AEST HETIC AND DECORATI VE EXCELLENCE
GLOBAL QUALITY COMMITMENT OMPORRO’s notion of quality relates to a concept of responsibility and rigour, characteristic of the area in which the company was established and has existed for three generations.
CARE FOR THE PRODUCT
CARE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND THE LOCAL AREA
In production, quality refers to respect and care for the product itself, which is not merely an object but something that represents a group of people and their commitment. Quality certifications are a result of the attention paid to the product, which includes many other aspects. All of the company products undergo stringent quality tests. Only after passing these tests can these items guarantee the quality they were designed to provide.
QUALITY CONTROL TESTS
• Traceability of the production lot • Size conformity • Colour spectrometer (spectrometry) • Surface hardness • Thickness measurement • Resistance to saline mist • Aesthetic suitability • Coating resistance • Mechanical resistance (destructive testing)
• Tests on chemical products used during production
The company considers itself to hold an integral and active role in protecting its local area, a commitment that entails considering new technology which may possibly improve the environmental impact of company production.
• 80% of water used is recycled • Purification of effluent liquids and the evaporation system reduce the amount of materials to be disposed by 30% • 97% (almost all) of excess material from production is recycled. Metal filings are also salvaged.
OMPORRO IN THE WORLD •
NEW GUEST COMPLEX, QASR AL ALAM, MUSCAT, SULTANATE OF OMAN
COURT, QATRE BORNES, ISLE MAURITIUS EGYPT
DAEGU – HYPERIUM, SEOUL, KOREA
RITZ CARLTON, DALLAS, TEXAS, U.S.A.
FOUR SEASON HOTEL, ALEXANDRIA,
• HOTEL FENIX, ATHENS, GREECE • PALAZZO MARINO, MILAN, ITALY • HOTEL VILLAS MARRIOTT, MALLORCA, SPAIN
HOTEL VILLA SOFIA, YALTA, UKRAINE
PRESIDENTIAL PALACE HOTEL, MALE’, REPUBLIC OF MALDIVES
LEISURE HEALTH AND SPA RESORT, SURREY, UNITED KINGDOM PRINCESS HOTEL, BANGKOK, THAILAND
• DELFINA PALACE HOTEL, FOLIGNO, ITALY • PATUMWAN
YOUIDO THE ISLAND PARK, SEOUL, KOREA
LA QUINTA HOTELS, NYC, U.S.A.
• HOTEL SKY, BARCELLONA, SPAIN • 40 BROAD STREET, NEW YORK CITY, U.S.A. • GRAND HOTEL VILLA D’ESTE, LAKE OF COMO, ITALY
• SHERATON HOTEL (VIP WING), KUWAIT CITY, STATE OF KUWAIT • HOTEL KREON, ATHENS, GREECE • VOILE
D’OR HOTEL, BEL OMBRE, ISLE MAURITIUS HYPERION, SEOUL, KOREA
BAIT AL BARAKAH, VILLA NR. 1, MUSCAT, SULTANATE OF OMAN
AL SAID YACHT, MUSCAT, SULTANATE OF OMAN
RADISSON SAS GOLDEN SANDS RESORT,
ISLE OF MALTA
• BELLAGIO HOTEL & RESIDENCE, LAS VEGAS, U.S.A. • GRAND HOTEL DE MILAN, MILANO, ITALY •
PALACE HOTEL, MUSCAT, SULTANATE OF OMAN PORT LOUIS, ISLE MAURITIUS HIN, THAILAND
HOTEL ACROPOLE, TUNIS, TUNISIA
TEATRO LA SCALA, MILAN, ITALY
MINISTER OF FINANCE OFFICE,
CHIVA-SOM INTERNATIONAL HEALTH RESORTS, HUA
• AL SHATTIE VILLAS, SALALAH, SULTANATE OF OMAN • MERIDIEN HOTEL, KUWAIT CITY, STATE OF KUWAIT
ROYAL FLIGHT VIP BUILDING, MUSCAT, SULTANATE OF OMAN
ARITI, ATHENS, GREECE
THE ELEMENT, NEW YORK
• BUSAN MANG MI-DONG, SEOUL, KOREA • STORE AND PHISIOTHERAPY CLINIC, SOHAR, SULTANATE OF OMAN
BAIT AL MAMURAH, SALALAH, SULTANATE OF OMAN
RESIDENCE, NEY YORK CITY, U.S.A. ISLE MAURITIUS
PIYAVATE HOSPITAL, BANGKOK, THAILAND
ROYAL OPERA HOUSE, MUSCAT, SULTANATE OF OMAN
GRAND HYATT, DOHA, STATE OF QATAR
ROPEAN MAJLIS, SALALAH, SULTANATE OF OMAN
PLAZA HOTEL &
CLARISSE HOUSE, VACOAS,
SAVOY HOTEL, LONDON, GREAT BRITAIN
• ROYAL MANSOUR MERIDIEN MARRAKECH • EDEN HOTEL, ROMA, ITALY
OMP PORRO S.p.A. 22060 Cucciago (CO) ITALY - via Stazione, 8/a tel. +39 031.787100 r.a. - fax +39 031.787575 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.omporro.eu